PDA

View Full Version : TFC Supporter "foreign exchange"

Jeffro
07-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Hey, just a random idea... What does everyone think about having a sort of exchange program for some matches where we export supporters from more organised parts of the stadium to the less organised sections. It would be amazing if we could organise the entire South Stand to sing together all game.

BC101
07-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Nah.....

Kickit09
07-07-2008, 02:49 PM
:hand:

VoxPopuliCosmicum
07-07-2008, 05:59 PM
It's a great idea. For those who say "no", why??@!?1?1?!?!!

Cambridge_Red
07-07-2008, 06:05 PM
It's a great idea. For those who say "no", why??@!?1?1?!?!!

There are people like this already, trust me. There are just parts of the stadium that aren't prepared to support the club. I love you guys in the South and we're making noise in the North also... but apart from that there's people just there to get either a.) Drunk as fuck and aren't there for the game or b.) There because it's the "in thing" to do every Saturday.

I'm sorry to be such a buzzkill but this idea has been and still is being nullified by people who don't care enough. :(

I'm open for ideas but we need these casuals OUT

VoxPopuliCosmicum
07-07-2008, 06:15 PM
But why not bring 20 guys + a capo into section 116/117/118 for one half and get those people to sing? As it is, the "RPB effort" is confined to the two smallest sections of the stadium. Why not try to expand it into the "lame" supporters sections?

Of course we're not going to get section 125 standing and singing any time soon ... but why aren't we making more of an effort to expand the support outside section 111 and 112?

Boris
07-07-2008, 06:17 PM
once again...116 can hold its own...we have a small section of people who try to change the songs but for the most part 116 is good and continues to get better.....

kitchener-TFC
07-07-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm a huge supporter of the TFC, and I've only been to one game so far. I had to sit in 221, and was stuck around people who were saying stuff like:

"Why are the fans throwing streamers at the other team. That's not nice"
-Soccer mom

"So the red team is Toronto?"
-random old woman

"Those guys down there who are singing, (RPG & U-SECTOR) are annoying"
-same random old woman from before. I almost turned around and told her to f*ck herself, and go watch a Jays game!

Sitting in 221, I wanted to sing, but was unable because I'd be the only one singing. BRING ON THE TTC SUUPORTER FOREIGN EXANGE!

Laurignano
07-07-2008, 06:28 PM
I say next season ticket holder move we all move to one section together to create a new loud and crazy section.

BigTingsGwan
07-07-2008, 06:32 PM
how about getting the Supporters sections down pat first:)

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 06:35 PM
We are doing just fine in 117 thanks.
We do not need a capo or anyone else to lead us.

Boris
07-07-2008, 06:43 PM

there you go!

RedRum
07-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Really it's not a bad idea to try it anywhere in the south end that needs work.

20 imported guys who bring it for the full 90 plus a capo plus anyone in the section we are in for the day crowding into the same mix. Many people don't feel comfortable chanting unless many others right near them are doing it.

Lately I've taken it upon myself to stand in between u-sector and RPB and try to amplify the chants from one to the other with some degree of success. You can accomplish much if you go about your business with a plan and a purpose.

Even try it for a half and see what happens. Where do I sign up?

VoxPopuliCosmicum
07-07-2008, 06:52 PM

You are incorrect.

Troll
07-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Take the casuals out of BMO, and suddenly you have a half-empty stadium.

And it's not the casuals who brag about our consecutive sell outs. So the casuals are only tolerable in certain circumstance.

Have I got that right?

Oblio2
07-07-2008, 07:29 PM
To be honest, thats insulting.
We are quite fine in 110.

RedRum
07-07-2008, 07:35 PM
You are incorrect.

Agreed. A couple games this year I've stood on the aisle in 118/117 and aside from a good group at the bottom of 117 it's fucking lame, at least it was from my vantage point down low a few rows up from the field.

Flush and a few others tried going there one time last year - some people knew they were coming and started yelling shit at him like "hey Red Patch Go Home" and throwing popcorn but when he turned around no eye contact was made.

J. tried going there with his flag last year and got kicked right out of BMO. I think at this point they have just become accustomed to total lame-o.

noochie
07-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Look at the TV numbers folks... there ain't many people watching out there. The dreaded casuals are needed at BMO to fill the seats.

I give muchos kudos to all of the supporters sections that bring it every game however I disagree that there isn't room for improvement. I have said it many times... in some parts you hear 2 or 3 songs going at the same time or the same chant with a different pace to it. And it confuses the hell out of people trying to get into it.

If you want to convert the casuals all supporters need to try and get on the same page. Easier said than done but if it could be... perhaps there would be less casuals.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Agreed. A couple games this year I've stood on the aisle in 118/117 and aside from a good group at the bottom of 117 it's fucking lame, at least it was from my vantage point down low a few rows up from the field.

Flush and a few others tried going there one time last year - some people knew they were coming and started yelling shit at him like "hey Red Patch Go Home" and throwing popcorn but when he turned around no eye contact was made.

J. tried going there with his flag last year and got kicked right out of BMO. I think at this point they have just become accustomed to total lame-o.

There ya go.
Sorry we arent up to your standards, it should however be obvious that your leadership skills arent wanted there.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 07:44 PM
PS
ive been there from the start adn we cheer when we want to as much as we want to.
We are as vocal in our support as we want to be.

masrawy
07-07-2008, 08:03 PM

And this "don't tell me what to do" mentality is exactly why the south end is a flop. Nothing wrong with wanting to watch the game like that, it just conflicts with what a few of us are trying to achieve, effective, loud, organized support for 90 minutes, vocally and visually.

The southeast and northwest corners are the only areas with effective support. A ticket redistribution process with the goal of bolstering the support in 112-114 and 127 won't be hard to do. It'd take a few years, but guaranteed we'd have proper support. What we have now is laughable compared to DC. Who are we kidding, only 4-5 rows in each section are going for the whole game.

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 08:08 PM

I must have not been there when this happened...I would have lost it.

Ossington...if you think 117/118 is just fine without a capo...you are letting your "I just wanna do what I want" thing ruin what can be a good thing. Currently...the southwest stands are the most disorganized bunch since the CSA.

Cambridge_Red
07-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Take the casuals out of BMO, and suddenly you have a half-empty stadium.

And it's not the casuals who brag about our consecutive sell outs. So the casuals are only tolerable in certain circumstance.

Have I got that right?

Fair enough. You wont change some people though. There are patches of supporters in different areas (220 is a weird one) though that should be more concentrated. I vote a terraced North bank some day... More organization and COOPERATION is needed in the south. Far too many songs/chants going at once. I stood in 115 for the first time and to be honest I really missed my seats in NEE.

AL-MO
07-07-2008, 08:13 PM
And this "don't tell me what to do" mentality is exactly why the south end is a flop. Nothing wrong with it with wanting to watch the game like that, it just conflicts with what a few of us are trying to achieve, effective, loud, organized support for 90 minutes, vocally and visually.

The southeast and northwest corners are the only areas with effective support. A ticket redistribution process with the goal of bolstering the support in 112-114 and 127 won't be hard to do. It'd take a few years, but guaranteed we'd have proper support in 2 years. What we have now is laughable compared to DC. Who are we kidding, only 4-5 rows in each section are going for the whole game.

QFT^^

TFC Cityboy
07-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Hey we have a loud n proud section in upper 115 too, plus we make the keeper's life hell.
I feel slighted..I'm off to sulk now
;)

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Fair enough. You wont change some people though. There are patches of supporters in different areas (220 is a weird one) though that should be more concentrated. I vote a terraced North bank some day...

I agree. That's why I don't believe RPB should be worried about what happens outside sections we have no control in. That being said...I am a firm believer that we should have more control in our sections to make sure it is everything it can be.

If people want to support TFC individually...they should have that right. But TFC is losing a major opportunity to help the supporters clubs make their sections the best in the league. Right now...that still falls to DC United fans.

Cambridge_Red
07-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Hey we have a loud n proud section in upper 115 too, plus we make the keeper's life hell.
I feel slighted..I'm off to sulk now
;)

That wasn't an insult on 115 matey you guys represent well. :) What I am saying it was hard to distinguish what chant to follow.

profit89
07-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Unite The South End!!!!

Bobo
07-07-2008, 08:36 PM
how about getting the Supporters sections down pat first:)

Definitely. Even the top rows of 112 or 113 where I sit aren't that great.

Mojo
07-07-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm a huge supporter of the TFC, and I've only been to one game so far. I had to sit in 221, and was stuck around people who were saying stuff like:

"Why are the fans throwing streamers at the other team. That's not nice"
-Soccer mom

"So the red team is Toronto?"
-random old woman

"Those guys down there who are singing, (RPG & U-SECTOR) are annoying"
-same random old woman from before. I almost turned around and told her to f*ck herself, and go watch a Jays game!

Sitting in 221, I wanted to sing, but was unable because I'd be the only one singing. BRING ON THE TTC SUUPORTER FOREIGN EXANGE!

Same thing for me basically... I was surrounded by randies when I went to the TFC/VAN game... I sang Dichio because there were like 4 people around me singing it, but other then that I didn't want to cause I'd feel like a dork. I guess I would have to do it to get other to, but its so much easier if you have a group of 10 or so singing in each section for everyone else to join in. No one wants to be the crazy guy singing alone by himself.

yellowfellow
07-07-2008, 08:50 PM
I have sat in most sections in BMO Field. 127, 111-115 are great. However, I gotta say 117 is the most disappointing section. Some 117ers don't understand that the 10 of them wouldnt be loud enough to be heard by other parts of the field. Instead of following along with other sections (Like how 127, 111, 112, 113 try to do the same chant at the same time), they like to do their own chants different from others. Some 118ers want to do a massive with the west side and some 117ers would tell them to "Shut up, we don't speak French here!"

And there is this H-8 who likes to sing some stupid song by himself. For instance, when he sees a hot lady, he sings "You are hot. Are you single? What's your phone number?" Fuck sake. This disorganization and attitude will not get that section very loud.

Remember guys, "All for ONE"!!

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 08:52 PM
I have sat in most sections in BMO Field. 127, 111-115 are great. However, I gotta say 117 is the most disappointing section. Some 117ers don't understand that the 10 of them wouldnt be loud enough to be heard by other parts of the field. Instead of following along with other sections (Like how 127, 111, 112, 113 try to do the same chant at the same time), they like to do their own chants different from others. Some 118ers want to do a massive with the west side and some 117ers would tell them to "Shut up, we don't speak French here!"

And there is this H-8 who likes to sing some stupid song by himself. For instance, when he sees a hot lady, he sings "You are hot. Are you single? What's your phone number?" Fuck sake. This disorganization and attitude will not get that section very loud.

Remember guys, "All for ONE"!!

OMG...someone who has been experiencing my pain!

Thank you! I thought I was the only one!

The Southwest corner is extremely disappointing.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 09:05 PM
My biggest problem is people coming in and telling us what to do.
Its happened before and was met with hostility, we end up having some fat drunk moron yelling at us what to chant, when to do it and what the lyrics are.
We know.
If we dont want to chant, We dont fucking have to.
I can assure you that anyone within the first 10 seats and 5 rows is perfectly happy with our regular experience. We are happy little community and we know each other well.

thrillgill
07-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Is it just me, or is there a lot of people who are more concerned with the f'n performance of our songs and chants than the performance of the team on the pitch. Don't get me wrong, I love makin noise and singin and doin everything to support the club, but I'm more concerned with what's happening on the pitch than on how our f'n Dichio 24 sounded. I just see a lot of people rating the crowd performance and shit like it's some kind of "MLS Idol" or something.

just sayin'

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 09:07 PM
HAHAHA
truth^^^^
I can assure you the reason why i didnt sit in the redpatch boys or usector sections is because i didnt want to participate in uniform chanting.

RedRum
07-07-2008, 09:13 PM
PS
ive been there from the start adn we cheer when we want to as much as we want to.
We are as vocal in our support as we want to be.

Which ain't much. In case you aren't aware, sections 112 through 118 are designated "supporters sections" by TFC. Where is the support in the southwest corner?

OMY, what I don't get is this: if you are so opposed to what RPB stands for why do you post here?

TO DEVILS
07-07-2008, 09:16 PM
HAHAHA
truth^^^^
I can assure you the reason why i didnt sit in the redpatch boys or usector sections is because i didnt want to participate in uniform chanting.

If some of you feel this way, why did you buy tickets in a supporter section? Sure you could do what you are currently doing in 125, 106, 224, etc.

Cambridge_Red
07-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Is it just me, or is there a lot of people who are more concerned with the f'n performance of our songs and chants than the performance of the team on the pitch. Don't get me wrong, I love makin noise and singin and doin everything to support the club, but I'm more concerned with what's happening on the pitch than on how our f'n Dichio 24 sounded. I just see a lot of people rating the crowd performance and shit like it's some kind of "MLS Idol" or something.

just sayin'

We're supporters that's what we do.

RedRum
07-07-2008, 09:20 PM

just sayin'

The people concerned with the performance of supporters believe that unified vocal support translates into inspiration for our team. It's that simple.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 09:21 PM
I like standing the whole game and chanting the whole game, i just dont want someone to tell me when to do it. I love being a vocal supporter and am very passionate about the game and the team, if i was in any of those sections i wouldnt be able to do that surrounded by people who feel the same way. That being said, i dont feel that i need to be a member of a group or organization to do that.

As for why do i post on here, i asked myself that many times previously especially as there were some unbelievable threads
when this forum first started. Since then nonsense has died down significantly adn there are some quite interesting and intelligent threads from knowledgeable people/supporters in all realms. I do enjoy contributing and hearing such things. That being said, I still dont want to be a member of your organization and I dont want to participate in activities of yours (outside of this forum).

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I do not have to be a redpatch boy to be a great supporter.

adampz
07-07-2008, 09:27 PM
This is what separates MLS supporters, from footy supporters all around the world. For now, at BMO, basically its the bottom half of 111-115 thats always singing. Where teams like dinamo zagreb and wisla krakow, have atleast 5000 fans who all sing the whole game, in perfect unison, and bring huge tifo's to every game. That is exactly what people like me wish for at TFC games.

TO DEVILS
07-07-2008, 09:31 PM
I do not have to be a redpatch boy to be a great supporter.

True, but it takes more than standing and casually chanting when you fill like to make you one as well.

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 09:31 PM
And that is totally within your rights.

And if you are ok with that...that's fine. But it is this precise type of thinking that will never allow the south stands to be more than what it is now...just a bunch of noise.

Some of us have been in stadiums where real uniform chanting and tifos are being done and it's incredible and a real shame some people don't want that here. Because with your attitude, it's never gonna happen.

You say you don't want to be an RPB. That's fine. Plain fact of the matter...with your attitude, RPB's wouldn't want you either.

This is why I wish TFC management would realize that the stadium needs to have designated areas.

Areas where people want to stand.

Areas where people can sit without having to put up with a guy in the prawn sandwich section thinking he has the right to stand.

Areas for a coordinated effort, most stadiums in the world have sections for their supproters.

Areas for people who want to stand and do their own thing.

Such a simple thing and yet so unlikely to happen in the short term. Long term? I hope so. 'Cause I don't want to be in the same section as you.

TO DEVILS
07-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Some of you guys must not come on many road trips...or you do and it happened to be Boston.:D

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Some of you guys must not come on many road trips...or you do and it happened to be Boston.:D

I am not really keen on guys like that going with the organized away trips. I am no saying they shouldn't go to away games. Like the home games, they are perfectly within their rights to go anywhere they like, but on their own dime and under their own power. But organized trips should be for those who are going to cooperate with the group effort. Otherwise...what's the point of going with the group? It's a contradiction.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 09:34 PM
HAHAHA
im sorry my 'attitude' displeases you.
I hope i am punished by the football gods for not being a serious enough supporter.
Let me know when the book has been written so i can study for the test.
Fuck, i wish i hadnt been doing it all wrong for all these years.

TO DEVILS
07-07-2008, 09:35 PM
You say you don't want to be an RPB. That's fine. Plain fact of the matter...with your attitude, RPB's wouldn't want you either.

Roogsy, that is a bold statement. I think you will find alot of folks within the RPB that share his views on Capo and other aspects of "support".

Call it what you will...but until the day the groups have control of who is in their section and those said sections are packed with like minded people, supporters at TFC are in an uphill battle.

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Did I question your support? Quote me the exact place where I said that. Try to stay away from strawman arguments.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 09:37 PM
PS these 'designated areas' do exist. The south end is the supporters section, in 111-112, youve got U sector and Red patch boys, up north youve got the NEE etc etc.
It doesnt get more obvious then that. Especially when the ticket rep said in Oct/Nov of 2006 (i believe) 'well thats the redpatch boys section'.

TO DEVILS
07-07-2008, 09:37 PM
I am not really keen on guys like that going with the organized away trips. I am no saying they shouldn't go to away games. Like the home games, they are perfectly within their rights to go anywhere they like, but on their own dime and under their own power. But organized trips should be for those who are going to cooperate with the group effort. Otherwise...what's the point of going with the group? It's a contradiction.

If you read the threads you saw that we had to deal with issues like this in Boston. Where our chanting ruined their viewing of the game.

We are seeing a decline in attendance in away trips, one of the reasons is that some that saw it as trendy thing are turned off by the antics of real supporters, so you will see a even bigger decrease in seasons to come.

Not a bad thing in my mind....i rather have 20 loud ones than 100 quiet ones.

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Roogsy, that is a bold statement. I think you will find alot of folks within the RPB that share his views on Capo and other aspects of "support".

Call it what you will...but until the day the groups have control of who is in their section and those said sections are packed with like minded
people, supporters at TFC are in an uphill battle.

You've carried that opinion about RPB for some time Pedro...but I think you are mistaken. Because you see people on this forum like Ossington who are not RPB but who think the way you mentioned, and you attribute it to this group. I think that's been an issue you simply have never seen clearly.

I don't know a single RPB that I regularly associate with that feels the way Ossington does.

adampz
07-07-2008, 09:39 PM
i think alot of RPB's dont mind if you do your own thing, but its annoying because we want our suppoter sections to be like supporter sections in europe, and south america. But i guess not a lot of people that go to tfc games want to be organized in their support for the team

TO DEVILS
07-07-2008, 09:40 PM
You've carried that opinion about RPB for some time Pedro...but I think you are mistaken. Because you see people on this forum like Ossington who are not RPB but who think the way you mentioned, and you attribute it to this group. I think that's been an issue you simply have never seen clearly.

I don't know a single RPB that I regularly associate with that feels the way Ossington does.

Canadian Bhoy is againt a Capo. That is one right there....like him there are more. If you don't believe start a thread in the members only and ask of who is in favour of a capo to control the chanting of 112 and who is against.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 09:40 PM

Of course, because they are all Red patch boys!
Theres nothing wrong with that either, but it needs to be understood and respected that some people dont want to be and some people dont want to participate in the same manner.

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 09:41 PM
PS these 'designated areas' do exist. The south end is the supporters section, in 111-112, youve got U sector and Red patch boys, up north youve got the NEE etc etc.
It doesnt get more obvious then that. Especially when the ticket rep said in Oct/Nov of 2006 (i believe) 'well thats the redpatch boys section'.

But we don't have control of the sections to ensure that they are filled with like-minded members. Those sections are full of scalped-seats and other STHs who think like you. I wish they would switch with my seats 'cause I would do it in a second.

You don't see it, but when I sit in my "prawn sandwich" seats...it is painfully obvious that it's the group in the first rows of the section and then a few up top who make all the noise. Many times...there is a big fat section in the middle who have their arms folded doing nothing. And I don't begrudge them that. I want them at the game.

Just not in a section that you claim to be "RPB". It really isn't. It's not even 50%.

I'd rather they sit/stand next to you. You guys can watch in silence together.

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Of course, because they are all Red patch boys!
Theres nothing wrong with that either, but it needs to be understood and respected that some people dont want to be and some people dont want to participate in the same manner.

Yeah...I get that. But if you read my posts properly...you would see that mixing the two types of fans is what creates the problem. The way to fix it is to let the supporters groups control their sections.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Did I question your support? Quote me the exact place where I said that. Try to stay away from strawman arguments.

You insinuated that by not taking part in the same activities that it takes away from the environment that we could have, which suggests that what we have isnt good enough. Thus by not taking part, it takes away from the environment, no? I dont know that its entirely strawman...

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Yeah...I get that. But if you read my posts properly...you would see that mixing the two types of fans is what creates the problem. The way to fix it is to let the supporters groups control their sections.

My issue with that relates specifically to Tribal rhythm nation. There was an unwarranted outburst against them for numerous reasons and as a result, judging by a good many comments by people on here, they wouldnt be allowed to make any noise, let alone have their own section.

In all honesty do you think that people would get tickets in the RPB section if they didnt want to be there and take part?

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Canadian Bhoy is againt a Capo. That is one right there....like him there are more. If you don't believe start a thread in the members only and ask of who is in favour of a capo to control the chanting of 112 and who is against.

There are guys who are not crazy about the idea sure...but I haven't heard an RPB say it should absolutely not happen.

I dont know if Mike is against a Capo...but Flush acts as a de-facto Capo in 112 and Mike goes along just fine. So what's the problem?

Are you telling me all NEE members are 100% in agreement all the time? It doesnt happen, in any group. But once things get going...NEE members join along don't they?

All I am saying is don't attribute the comments of non-RPBs to RPBs. It happens way too much already.

TO DEVILS
07-07-2008, 09:47 PM
All I am saying is don't attribute the comments of non-RPBs to RPBs. It happens way too much already.

I have a hard time making the distinction. How do you do it?

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 09:48 PM
You insinuated that by not taking part in the same activities that it takes away from the environment that we could have, which suggests that what we have isnt good enough. Thus by not taking part, it takes away from the environment, no? I dont know that its entirely strawman...

There is no insinuation. I was outright saying it.

But I have never questioned how you want to support TFC. That is your choice. I have never assocaited "going along" with supporters groups as necessarily making you a better "supporter". I am not into dick-measuring contests.

But there is an irrefutable fact that people "like" you do affect the atmosphere since you can't possibly argue that being quiet helps in any way, especially in the designated supporters group sections. Now...117 is not a "RPB" or "Usector" or "NEE" section...so I couldn't care if you pick your nose all game and hit on the girl in front of you. But if you are in 112...I think you should be singing and jumping...end of. And it just isn't happening with enough consistency.

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 09:49 PM
I have a hard time making the distinction. How do you do it?

Knowing who is and who isn't RPB. That's why if you aren't sure...not exactly fair to attribute it to the entire group is it?

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 09:51 PM
There is no insinuation. I was outright saying it.

But I have never questioned how you want to support TFC. That is your choice. I have never assocaited "going along" with supporters groups as necessarily making you a better "supporter". I am not into dick-measuring contests.

But there is an irrefutable fact that people "like" you do affect the atmosphere since you can't possibly argue that being quiet helps in any way, especially in the designated supporters group sections. Now...117 is not a "RPB" or "Usector" or "NEE" section...so I couldn't care if you pick your nose all game and hit on the girl in front of you. But if you are in 112...I think you should be singing and jumping...end of. And it just isn't happening with enough consistency.

Sounds absolutely perfect to me. Go crazy, thats what your section is for!
All im suggesting is that if people want that tehy should stick to their own sections and that forced shit like that from outsiders isnt necessarily welcome.

Cambridge_Red
07-07-2008, 09:51 PM
/\ Once again Co-operation is the key. For the south end to sound great you guys should all be in agreement to your chants. Too much opinion.... ANyways thats what the songs/chants/etc section should be used for rather then posting youtube clips. You guys should be saying alright this is our song list we talked with Usector/Ultras and the capos...and go from there.

TO DEVILS
07-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Knowing who is and who isn't RPB. That's why if you aren't sure...not exactly fair to attribute it to the entire group is it?

U still haven't answered my question. How do you determine who is and who isn't. I want to avoid making mistakes like that in the future.

Sure it is fair to assume if someone posts here, unless otherwise specified that he/she is an RPB.

Ossington says on his signature he is not an RPB, i have NEE on mine, so on and so on...but how do you determine who is and who isn't?

TO DEVILS
07-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Sounds absolutely perfect to me. Go crazy, thats what your section is for!
All im suggesting is that if people want that tehy should stick to their own sections and that forced shit like that from outsiders isnt necessarily welcome.

Valid point....now how do see this on the road?

Sure it isn't anybodies section per say....a mixture of NEE, RPB, Usector and some that fall under your spectrum. What to do then?

Just curious.

Bluenose13
07-07-2008, 09:55 PM
I spent my 1st game since the home opener last year outside of 112/113 on Saturday night, I sat in 224. To sit & watch/listen to what 111/113 & 127 brings to the atmosphere at BMO was amazing. Even 114/115 seem to be pretty good at times but the southwest corner is a joke as far as supporting the team with noise is concerned.

It really is sad that that the mentality that OMY brings is so prevelant in the southwest stands......When they talk about the great atmosphere at BMO they are definetly not talking about 117/118 thats for sure........If you don't want to co-ordinate with other supporters you really shouldn't be in the supporters section.

What they need is to establish a cheap seat section that is not a supporter section because what is happening in 117/118 is not what should be happening in a designated supporter section.

To those of you that are stuck there & would like to more organized I really feel for you.

Bluenose13
07-07-2008, 09:56 PM

QFT ^^

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Cambridge Red above you is a "Member".

Yours is identified as a "Registered User".

That's one place. Now granted...there are people who signed up this year for the "scarf" but those who see what RPB stand for will not sign up again (the beauty of yearly memberships....another reason for those who think memberships were a "bad" idea.) I doubt there are that many of them. I haven't seen all that many of them on the board.

Cambridge_Red
07-07-2008, 09:57 PM
/\ Or family enclosures ;)

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 09:57 PM
It really is sad that that the mentality that OMY brings is so prevelant in the southwest stands......When they talk about the great atmosphere at BMO they are definetly not talking about 117/118 thats for sure........If you don't want to co-ordinate with other supporters you really shouldn't be in the supporters section.

What they need is to establish a cheap seat section that is not a supporter section because what is happening in 117/118 is not what should be happening in a designated supporter section.

Get over yourself.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Im pretty much done with this linear thinking thread and its patyourself on the back attitude.

Cambridge_Red
I have tickets in NEE (Primary Member), but like to contribute to the Red Patch Boys events.(Tailgate) Hence the two memberships. I have friends in both groups and don't consider myself a ship jumper.

adampz
Its amazing how this could all be fixed, if sales reps did something about it, in my opinion, they have to do something like seattle did. I guess they dont care though cause either way they're still selling the same amount of tickets

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Glad we did come to some sort of agreement Roogsy.

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 09:59 PM
I spent my 1st game since the home opener last year outside of 112/113 on Saturday night, I sat in 224. To sit & watch/listen to what 111/113 & 127 brings to the atmosphere at BMO was amazing. Even 114/115 seem to be pretty good at times but the southwest corner is a joke as far as supporting the team with noise is concerned.

To those of you that are stuck there & would like to more organized I really feel for you.

GET ME OUT BLUENOSE! LOL!

Ossington just doesn't realize that while his selective singing and standing makes HIM feel good...but collectively 117 and 118 sound like shit.

If he doesn't feel that doesn't affect the overall atmosphere...I dunno what else I can say.

It comes down to simple numbers.

400 people singing together vs 2000 people singing together. What would sound better?

adampz
07-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Does anyone know how many seats the whole south end has?

yellowfellow
07-07-2008, 10:07 PM
It doesn't matter if you are RPB or not. To be honest, when I become a TFC fan, I didnt know any supporters group. It's their organization and attitude that got me signed up as one. I think we are all here to cheer for TFC, not necessarily here to be a RPB. This is a team sports and supporters need to work as a team. Can you imagine Greg Sutton tells his teammates "Fuck it. I dont want to play goalie, I am going to score because I dont want to be told on what I am supposed to do"

I agree that some ppl might not want an outside to their section and be told. But, at least follow what the rest of the BMO Field are chanting.

Chant in unison so that ****WE**** can be heard!

masrawy
07-07-2008, 10:08 PM

The problem is there's a lot of us that want to support for 90 minutes sitting in your sections, and there are those of you with the "don't tell me what to do" mentality sitting in our sections. Both groups conflict, we've seen that. People throw coins at capos in 113, Flush getting dissed in the south west trying to start shit up, we have our own issues in 127. We need to work with the club to improve the situation, the ticket relocation process now does not work, you will only have more problems in the future.

Bluenose13
07-07-2008, 10:09 PM
It doesn't matter if you are RPB or not. To be honest, when I become a TFC fan, I didnt know any supporters group. It's their organization and attitude that got me signed up as one. I think we are all here to cheer for TFC, not necessarily here to be a RPB. This is a team sports and supporters need to work as a team. Can you imagine Greg Sutton tells his teammates "Fuck it. I dont want to play goalie, I am going to score because I dont want to be told on what I am supposed to do"

I agree that some ppl might not want an outside to their section and be told. But, at least follow what the rest of the BMO Field are chanting.

Chant in unison so that ****WE**** can be heard!Really that is all anyone can ask for ;)

kitchener-TFC
07-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Stop the f*cking arguing!

Bars92
07-07-2008, 10:11 PM

Thats pretty much what Sutton did in the Vancouver game right at the end when he botched that header. One of the other players might've scored on that.

I personally am the one member of the Waterdown Loyal TFC supporters club. Although I'll probably sign up for RPBs eventually.:D

Roogsy

I agree!

If the rest of the stadium is singing one song....what does singing a completely different do for the team other than making you look stubborn?

I used to go to Jays games where the 7th inning stretch song was "Let's go Blue Jays" (I rarely go to games anymore). As I understand...they aren't using that song anymore right? BUT...I can't imagine that while everybody gets up for the 7th inning stretch singing "Let's Go Blue Jays" that anyone in the stadium would decide "You know what? I don't like being forced to sing this....I am going to sing "Take me out to the Ball Game" instead. Who thinks that way?

kitchener-TFC
I second that.

Bluenose13
07-07-2008, 10:13 PM
I have a hard time making the distinction. How do you do it?After spending a silly amount of time on this board you just know ;)

Cambridge_Red
07-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Stop the f*cking arguing!

I welcome you to redpatchboys.ca enjoy your stay. :)

masrawy
07-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Get over yourself.

You get over yourself. What have you done to make BMO the tough place it is to play? If it wasn't for us, we'd be no different than Home Depot Centre, good attendance, shit support.

Remind me again, what have you exactly done to better the atmosphere in BMO?

To quote GeorgeB, time to stop being tenderbreasts. There is no good supporter or bad supporter, there's supporter and spectator. Supporter is occupied with SUPPORTING for 90 minutes, spectator is occupied with watching the game. Nothing wrong with that, different strokes.

Cambridge_Red
07-07-2008, 10:20 PM
You get over yourself. What have you done to make BMO the tough place it is to play? If it wasn't for us, we'd be no different than Home Depot Centre, good attendance, shit support.

To quote GeorgeB, time to stop being tenderbreasts. There is no good supporter or bad supporter, there's supporter and spectator. Supporter is occupied with SUPPORTING for 90 minutes, spectator is occupied with watching the game. Nothing wrong with that, different strokes.

Boom!

I don't need to read anymore :)

adampz
07-07-2008, 10:21 PM
most people in the south end just want more supporters, then spectators

RealG-TFC
07-07-2008, 10:22 PM
I've sat in 117. I've seen it's high and lows. There are quite a few ppl who want it loud (especially those brave souls in the first few rows) but there are just grouches. I personally know someone who hates being there and did try to relocate. I think he didn't because the options he had weren't the best.

I think that when the stadium expands. The south end should be controlled by SGs and who knows, maybe by then there will be enough ppl to fill the whole thing with organized support.

Bars92
07-07-2008, 10:23 PM
I think that many of the best Toronto FC fans are from the suburbs and outlying cities. I bet a lot of the problem is with the people that live in the city who have that Blue Jay/ Maple Leaf demeanor. Some of the best fans are from the Oakville/Burlington/Hamilton/Kitchener/Niagara areas. I've seen this as I travel home on the GO train. One of my first posts on this site was about eastbound vs westbound fans. I wish I could get into the supporters section, I'd be singing my head off.
I wish I had problems like seeing people that aren't true supporters. I'm not sure about the north-east suburbs and don't want to piss anyone off thats from there, I'm just stating what I've observed.

RYANTFC
07-07-2008, 10:24 PM
I think that many of the best Toronto FC fans are from the suburbs and outlying cities. I bet a lot of the problem is with the people that live in the city who have that Blue Jay/ Maple Leaf demeanor. Some of the best fans are from the Oakville/Burlington/Hamilton/Kitchener/Niagara areas. I've seen this as I travel home on the GO train. One of my first posts on this site was about eastbound vs westbound fans. I wish I could get into the supporters section, I'd be singing my head off.
I wish I had problems like seeing people that aren't true supporters. I'm not sure about the north-east suburbs and don't want to piss anyone off thats from there, I'm just stating what I've observed.

its no windsor park

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 10:25 PM
I think the best option is either to expand the north stands or add a second level to the south stands.

Of course...at just a little over $200 per seat isn't really much incentive. At the end of the day...I think the only way a real expansion can happen is if a second level is added to the east stands...which would sadly block what is currently a great Toronto backdrop.

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 10:27 PM

Sorry Bars...but this is just one of the silliest things I have ever heard/read. There are vocal fans in Toronto and suburbian residents as is the same for the other side the coin.

For heaven's sake...the current and former Presidents of RPB are Toronto residents!

Bluenose13
07-07-2008, 10:29 PM
its no windsor parkNow thats atmosphere.....If you haven't done it already, check out some of the you tube videos from the Euro quailfying both home & away the GAWA were amazing :D

Bars92
07-07-2008, 10:29 PM
its no windsor park

No its not. But then, Windsor Park was the kinda place you would see a Donegal Celtic supporter get shot by the peelers with a plastic bullet. :D

Bars92
07-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Now thats atmosphere.....If you haven't done it already, check out some of the you tube videos from the Euro quailfying both home & away the GAWA were amazing :D

Norn Iron played a friendly against Uruguay in Giants stadium, a few hundred of the GAWA made the trip. It was a pretty good atmosphere considering the game was played in 60,000 seater stadium.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 10:38 PM

God forbid i manage to do the supporting without having someone lead me and without being a member of a group. You dont know who i am or how i support every game. Youre simply going by the fact that i dont want to be a RPB and i dont want our section to be like the RPB section. That doesnt mean i dont support.

Read my prior posts. We stand 90 minutes and chant for 90. We dont need someone to lead us.

K
Im out of this thread for real this time.
Its just too tempting to come back.

RYANTFC
07-07-2008, 10:38 PM
norn iron and the GAWA are gonna be in south africa in 2 years, im going to see you all there. were not brazil were northern ireland

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 10:44 PM
I've sat in 117. I've seen it's high and lows. There are quite a few ppl who want it loud (especially those brave souls in the first few rows)

PS
this is us.
Also we dont necessarily want to be RPB, Usector or anyone else.
IM OUT OF THIS THREAD FOR REAL THIS TIME (mostly cuz its like beating a dead horse, im obviously outnumbered, its a fucking supporters group forum, im not changing my tune and i dont expect anyone else to).

Bars92
07-07-2008, 10:47 PM
norn iron and the GAWA are gonna be in south africa in 2 years, im going to see you all there. were not brazil were northern ireland

Healy will carry us on his shoulders.

I think to the point of this thread we should say, we're not Brazil, we're Toronto.

Bluenose13
07-07-2008, 10:48 PM
PS
this is us.
Also we dont necessarily want to be RPB, Usector or anyone else.
IM OUT OF THIS THREAD FOR REAL THIS TIME (mostly cuz its like beating a dead horse, im obviously outnumbered, its a fucking supporters group forum, im not changing my tune and i dont expect anyone else to).Nobody really cares whether or not you join a supporters group....Just try to follow what the masses are doing :rolleyes:

RYANTFC
07-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Healy will carry us on his shoulders.

fuckin right, lawrie never shoulda left

Bars92
07-07-2008, 10:55 PM
fuckin right, lawrie never shoulda left

yeah even for his sake, things at Fulham didn't go so well

Bluenose13
07-07-2008, 11:07 PM
norn iron and the GAWA are gonna be in south africa in 2 years, im going to see you all there. were not brazil were northern irelandPretty sure we were the last team to beat the European champions :D

RYANTFC
07-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Pretty sure we were the last team to beat the European champions :D

yeah lool thats so funny, super healy with a hat trick

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Nobody really cares whether or not you join a supporters group....Just try to follow what the masses are doing :rolleyes:

After all that back and forth...this is pretty much it. Very simple. Thanks.

RedRum
07-07-2008, 11:15 PM
If you don't want to co-ordinate with other supporters you really shouldn't be in the supporters section.

Get over yourself.

We stand 90 minutes and chant for 90.

OMY if I'm not mistaken by your own admission you are co-ordinating with other supporters. Good on you.

morgank1986
07-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Ideally BMO would be rockin' regardless of which seat your sitting in, we'd all like to see that, but I don't think transplanting supporters is the answer. Each section works as its own entity and has to progress naturally. I sit in 115 and its taken a while but 115 is now consistently making noise and jumping on the chants coming out of the corner. Really the best thing to do to spread the noise at BMO is to chant regardless of where you are. If you're in 112, chant in 112. If your on 121, chant in 121, don't worry about all the casuals around you.

It's my belief that in these 'quiet' sections of BMO there is a number of people who genuinely want to sing and chant but their just not willing to start it. If you want your section to be more vocal, be the solution and pay it forward. Or don't. Your section is what you make it.

TFC Via Buffalo
07-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Ideally BMO would be rockin' regardless of which seat your sitting in, we'd all like to see that, but I don't think transplanting supporters is the answer. Each section works as its own entity and has to progress naturally. I sit in 115 and its taken a while but 115 is now consistently making noise and jumping on the chants coming out of the corner. Really the best thing to do to spread the noise at BMO is to chant regardless of where you are. If you're in 112, chant in 112. If your on 121, chant in 121, don't worry about all the casuals around you.

It's my belief that in these 'quiet' sections of BMO there is a number of people who genuinely want to sing and chant but their just not willing to start it. If you want your section to be more vocal, be the solution and pay it forward. Or don't. Your section is what you make it.

I want to be honest here. The "quiet" sections are not really filled with people who want to chant. I take my cues from RPB and the bleed over from 110 and a little of 109. I can honestly, and with complete certainty, say I am one of possibly 5 people chanting in 108, and I may be off by 4. The section is dead. It's filled with people who sit on their hands and are just at the game because its something to do. I really feel enraged when I read thread after thread about what is going on in the supporters sections and the bickering sometimes.

FEEL FUCKING HONORED AND PROUD YOU HAVE SEATS WHERE YOU DO!!!

This is when I share some of my feelings that I just have to get out. I got into this team off a one off game I went to against Villa because of the supporters. I fell in head first and haven't looked back. I have dropped almost $1000 for my seats including the 2 Canada Cup games. I got a fucking $100 passport to make going to the games easier. I went to the Columbus game. Gas prices are ridiculous and I still haven't missed a home game yet. I've missed days at work that I don't get paid for missing for TFC. But, I can't get what I feel is the full experience I want because of the unavailability of tickets in the sections. I can't bring a flag pole or a sign because I sit in a "non supporters section". I can't have a blast surrounded by the same raving lunatics that I crave to be part of. I can't partake in TIFO creating( I do plan on signing up to be an official RPB soon, so at least I know I'll be contributing in some way with dues) or going to Shoeless Joes for away games because of my location. I, and I'm sure others in mine or similar situations, can't feel that same comradery you all can share in

Sorry to rant. I just had to get that off my chest as I get physically sick sometimes knowing that I'm stuck in no mans land, losing my voice, with people looking at me like I'm some sort of asshole, when the south end is so close and so far. Just remember how lucky you guys are and appreciate it. Enjoy yourselves and just remember it's All 4 One.

tfc2007
07-08-2008, 02:05 AM
I agree. That's why I don't believe RPB should be worried about what happens outside sections we have no control in. That being said...I am a firm believer that we should have more control in our sections to make sure it is everything it can be.

If people want to support TFC individually...they should have that right. But TFC is losing a major opportunity to help the supporters clubs make their sections the best in the league. Right now...that still falls to DC United fans.

You're a TFC Supportor first. That means you should be worried if and help if you know you can make a difference in other parts. As a Red Patch Boy you could step up and be able to make all of BMO much louder and mor organized. Also, as the post above mentions... it's All for One. Everyone is for TFC. So help those other sections, instead of just thinking of your own.

dupont
07-08-2008, 02:56 AM
I'm open for ideas but we need these casuals OUT

HAHA yeah... take the casuals out and leave the real hardcore in the stadium. nothing like 500 people left in the stadium to cheer a goal.

not everyone has to be crazy loud supporters. i'm just glad that some people are loud supporters and that the rest of the stadium is full. i dont want anyone out.

rocker
07-08-2008, 07:18 AM
not everyone has to be crazy loud supporters. .

ya, I'm one of those people who believes this. so if there's some "export" of those crazy ass mofos, please stay out of section 124...

some of us actually like to watch a game rather than worry about the next chants, or get in some homoerotic hugging situation with a bunch of drunk guys ;) (joke!)

During a game my eyes are totally on the ball. I'm not "sitting on my hands" but I do sit and watch... I yell at the players while I'm sittin there. I stand when the play deserves standing.
Actually, standing has more effect on your emotions when you don't do it all the time ;)

TO equate "casuals" with people who don't stand for 90 minutes and chant is ignorant.
There are many different kinds of fan behaviour and this desire among people to have uniformity and make everyone like a chanting robot is stupid. We love to praise diversity in Toronto, but some TFC fans seem to want everyone to be the same. And if you're not the same, then you're run outta the stadium like an outcast.

There were some drunk guys last week trying to start a chant in my section and it was like they weren't even watching the game... and it was annoying... i didn't come to the game to join in on Irish Rovers Karaoke night.

So screw this "export" stuff and do what you want in the south end, and leave the rest of us to do what we want. diversity is good.

ensco
07-08-2008, 07:35 AM
I agree with most of Rocker's point. I sit in a quiet section (224), and, don't get me wrong, I like most of the chants, and I join in occasionally, but often I'm just totally into the game. Also, sometimes, I don't like the chant, and just want it to end, mostly because it has zero "footy IQ" (thank you Flush for that memorable phrase).

Having said all of that, for me 111/112 is the heart and soul of TFC. Keep doing what you're doing.

It's a free country. People can do what they want to do.

kitchener-TFC
07-08-2008, 07:41 AM
We need to slowly build up the sections on the south end, and as a unified body, inspire our team.

Canadian Blue
07-08-2008, 07:46 AM
Hey, just a random idea... What does everyone think about having a sort of exchange program for some matches where we export supporters from more organised parts of the stadium to the less organised sections. It would be amazing if we could organise the entire South Stand to sing together all game.

Where is this organized part of the stadium you speak of??

The Kingpin
07-08-2008, 07:56 AM
ya, I'm one of those people who believes this. so if there's some "export" of those crazy ass mofos, please stay out of section 124...

some of us actually like to watch a game rather than worry about the next chants, or get in some homoerotic hugging situation with a bunch of drunk guys ;) (joke!)

During a game my eyes are totally on the ball. I'm not "sitting on my hands" but I do sit and watch... I yell at the players while I'm sittin there. I stand when the play deserves standing.
Actually, standing has more effect on your emotions when you don't do it all the time ;)

TO equate "casuals" with people who don't stand for 90 minutes and chant is ignorant.
There are many different kinds of fan behaviour and this desire among people to have uniformity and make everyone like a chanting robot is stupid. We love to praise diversity in Toronto, but some TFC fans seem to want everyone to be the same. And if you're not the same, then you're run outta the stadium like an outcast.

There were some drunk guys last week trying to start a chant in my section and it was like they weren't even watching the game... and it was annoying... i didn't come to the game to join in on Irish Rovers Karaoke night.

So screw this "export" stuff and do what you want in the south end, and leave the rest of us to do what we want. diversity is good.

I agree with this in some capacity. And I think by admonishing individuals who are not of the same ilk as you, you are ostracising them further and pushing them from your goal. It truly amazes me really, I have tried myself to inspire others to sing. I remember early last year we handed out over 2,000 flyers with some basic chants. Maybe, as the football/chanting culture has grown, some individuals should do this again. Consider it...

I considered myself quite rabid, but there were distinct moments where I dimply watched the match or yelled as an individual supporter with an individual opinion. This attitude that 90 minute chanting is the only way to support is actually reducing support in my opinion. Invite, don't force...

Bluenose13
07-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Where is this organized part of the stadium you speak of??
Watch a game from outside of 112 & you will know what he is talking about........Although we complain about a lack of organization within 112/113 it looks & sounds pretty amazing when watching it from the outside.

ComeonyouReds
07-08-2008, 08:24 AM
I just want to chime in that I sit in 118. The singing and chanting is not what it is in 112 111 but that is to be expected as RPB and Usector planned and huddled in these sections.

I am personally on a silent protest until Dichio is benched. lol But I still refuse to sing that bullshit French chant as I nor my city are French. It's a great chant for Lens but sounds awful for an english city such as Toronto. I wish one person can give me a good reason why this is a TFC chant? Don't gimme the bilingual angle or the Robert angle because we aren't a bilingual city and he wasn't on the team when the chant started.

morgank1986
07-08-2008, 08:32 AM
The words sound nicer in french then their english equivilant. :noidea:

The Kingpin
07-08-2008, 08:35 AM
I just want to chime in that I sit in 118. The singing and chanting is not what it is in 112 111 but that is to be expected as RPB and Usector planned and huddled in these sections.

I am personally on a silent protest until Dichio is benched. lol But I still refuse to sing that bullshit French chant as I nor my city are French. It's a great chant for Lens but sounds awful for an english city such as Toronto. I wish one person can give me a good reason why this is a TFC chant? Don't gimme the bilingual angle or the Robert angle because we aren't a bilingual city and he wasn't on the team when the chant started.

Canada is a bilingual country... Toronto is in Canada. :canada:

Mrs. Workie
07-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Workie's been looking for a way to get rid of me lately...maybe a Footy "foreign exchange" is the answer! :D

Parkdale
07-08-2008, 08:46 AM
^ I've got a great seat for you..... ON MY LAP !

sorry

TO DEVILS
07-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Cambridge Red above you is a "Member".

Yours is identified as a "Registered User".

That's one place. Now granted...there are people who signed up this year for the "scarf" but those who see what RPB stand for will not sign up again (the beauty of yearly memberships....another reason for those who think memberships were a "bad" idea.) I doubt there are that many of them. I haven't seen all that many of them on the board.

So what you are saying is that RPB's are only the people who have purchased the membership?

Mrs. Workie
07-08-2008, 08:47 AM
^ I've got a great seat for you..... ON MY LAP !

sorry

You mean you're going to let me out of the cellar?!?!?!?

TO DEVILS
After spending a silly amount of time on this board you just know ;)

Best answer by far.:D;)

RealG-TFC

You're right, we are a multilingual city. French is spoken here, I've heard quite a few times. Like Kingpin also said, French is one of the official languages Canada.

Parkdale
directed to TO Devils

^ those are our 'affiliates'

hahaha... just playing... I know you boil when you hear that word.

TO DEVILS
07-08-2008, 08:51 AM
directed to TO Devils

^ those are our 'affiliates'

hahaha... just playing... I know you boil when you hear that word.

ROFLMAO!!!!! Does that give us any membership perks?

Parkdale
07-08-2008, 08:57 AM
ROFLMAO!!!!! Does that give us any membership perks?

yes. you have a scarf, and a membership card, and would be entitled to any perks that another RPB would get.

(and yes... I did see you standing in line to pick up your membership package, but I won't tell anyone. whoops!) )

Bluenose13
07-08-2008, 09:19 AM
You're right, we are a multilingual city. French is spoken here, I've heard quite a few times. Like Kingpin also said, French is one of the official languages Canada.
I don't think we started that song because of the bilingual tie in.......It was more to do with the "we are enchanted by the reds" it was easy & is one of the best that we have.........To simply not sing it because it is french is really missing the whole point IMO.

Blazer
07-08-2008, 09:39 AM

Do us all favour pally and simply don’t chime in at all. Your statements are ignorant and self absorbed. Toronto is a multilingual city, not a bilingual city. Toronto is not the only city in Canada and the French language is spoken by 33% of our population in this country. Your silent protests are welcome at Leafs games but not at BMO. Go sit on your hands at the ACC.

Blazer
07-08-2008, 09:41 AM
I don't think we started that song because of the bilingual tie in.......It was more to do with the "we are enchanted by the reds" it was easy & is one of the best that we have.........To simply not sing it because it is french is really missing the whole point IMO.

How about we sing it because it just sounds cool regardless of the language?!

Bars92
07-08-2008, 10:27 AM
I figured that the chant was good because given all the different backgrounds that comprise the fanbase, French is probably the one that most of us are not.

kitchener-TFC
07-08-2008, 01:05 PM
How about we sing it because it just sounds cool regardless of the language?!
:canada: I agree!

Jeffro
07-08-2008, 01:56 PM
My main intent was in uniting the South Stand to sing as one... from the South East corner to the South West corner... Definitely certain areas of the stadium will always be seated and more quiet. However the South Stand should be standing singing stomping and screaming together. I sit in the front of 118, so I know that there are tons of people in 115-119 who are giving their all for every game, I just think it would be great if in the S-W corner, we sang in unison with the S-E corner. We're usually singing something different. It's not a slight against any section, I'm in 118 and we haven't even shown up for a couple games. Just a call for more organisation. All For One!

ComeonyouReds
07-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Hahaha I won't sit on my hands. In fact I'm gonna keepp on renewing my seats because I really enjoy taking in the games. Singing or not I'm watching them play.

So if we are a multilingual city then all languages should be represented in the chants and songs. Based on that we should have hundreds of new chants for saturday.

It all comes down to the fact that we don't speak french! I have friends from Quebec that moved here and went to St Famille( all french school) but when they went in the store to buy some smokes guess what language they spoke...........ENGLISH!. Montreal is a bilingual city(and even it is turning into Toronto) but french ain't gonna get you shit here.

ComeonyouReds
07-08-2008, 01:59 PM
My main intent was in uniting the South Stand to sing as one... from the South East corner to the South West corner... Definitely certain areas of the stadium will always be seated and more quiet. However the South Stand should be standing singing stomping and screaming together. I sit in the front of 118, so I know that there are tons of people in 115-119 who are giving their all for every game, I just think it would be great if in the S-W corner, we sang in unison with the S-E corner. We're usually singing something different. It's not a slight against any section, I'm in 118 and we haven't even shown up for a couple games. Just a call for more organisation. All For One!the SW corner really gets going for the basic songs and chants. If everyone singing together is the goal, then there must be a select number of chants that everyone can learn instead of a new song coming out every day.

AL-MO
07-08-2008, 02:06 PM
the SW corner really gets going for the basic songs and chants. If everyone singing together is the goal, then there must be a select number of chants that everyone can learn instead of a new song coming out every day.

That is weak!

We don't bring out new chants every week....We have a regular inventory of songs that come out every week.....we have tried to get a 'new' one going(brohymn - in small numbers) and it has not caught on well.

ComeonyouReds
07-08-2008, 02:12 PM
How is that "weak"? If you have in one hand five or six chants and fourteen or fifteen in the other. Which is gonna be easier to go along with for the casual fan or the single game supporters? fuck!

AL-MO
07-08-2008, 02:19 PM
How is that "weak"? If you have in one hand five or six chants and fourteen or fifteen in the other. Which is gonna be easier to go along with for the casual fan or the single game supporters? fuck!

My point is that this is already happening! Its not that hard to keep up with the chants, they are the same group(maybe 6?) of chants every week.

masrawy
07-08-2008, 02:20 PM

Truly at this point casuals are a lost cause, not much will change, it's easy to see who'll support and who won't. The southend is too big, too many people that want to support foolishly bought into the southend idea thinking it will work, sadly it flopped because of people like OMY who don't like to get told what to do. My guess is it's something about the ego stroke one gets when one starts a chant, I think it's funny.

But anyways, back to my point, too many real supporters are scattered through out the stadium and the ticket relocation process does nothing to help them and help us by getting them in our sections. The club needs to look at the Seattle example and put it into effect. No more southend supporters section, only the southeast and northwest corners should be supporters sections. We can forget about controlling our own sections, but the least the club can do is help us move in more people that want to be there and move people out that don't want to be there.

Don't kid yourself folks, we are years and years away from DC United. Hell, after what I saw in New England, those guys have more organization than us, it's just that they don't sing for 90.

kitchener-TFC
07-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Is it so hard for both sections to sing in unison?

Parkdale
07-08-2008, 02:22 PM
My guess is it's something about the ego stroke one gets when one starts a chant, I think it's funny.

Must be even better with a drum.

:smash: < the closest thing to a drum smilie

masrawy
07-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Must be even better with a drum.

:smash: < the closest thing to a drum smilie

Nah, sucks actually, miss most of the match.

And I don't stand there with my drum and tell GeorgeB "don't tell me what to do", and start doing some next random shit. Being part of a group means more than going out to tailgates and kickabouts, it's about being a group in the stands.

Parkdale
07-08-2008, 02:28 PM
it's about being a group in the stands.

agreed, totally.

I think 112 was kick-ass at the game last Saturday. We managed to keep it all together, with a few drums (and a gong!)

Blazer
07-08-2008, 02:35 PM
How does that saying go again? "Don't feed the troll"

masrawy
07-08-2008, 02:36 PM

http://ticklebooth.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/you-talking-to-me.jpg

ComeonyouReds
07-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Lick my balls bro I'm bringing up valid points.

FluSH
07-08-2008, 02:47 PM
That is weak!

We don't bring out new chants every week....We have a regular inventory of songs that come out every week.....we have tried to get a 'new' one going(brohymn - in small numbers) and it has not caught on well.

Not to mention Allez Allez It's too late here we come...

I saw a guy in the upper sections of 111 chanting the song!!! I could tell by the hand claps!!!

AL-MO
07-08-2008, 02:54 PM
I brought a buddy with me on Saturday. It was his second game, and we got into 112. He was joining in on everything! All he had to do was listen to it once through and he knew what we were doing. Its not that hard, and I pretty sure he didn't leave feeling "I didn't like that the rest of the section was telling me what to chant!":smilielol5:

masrawy
07-08-2008, 02:56 PM
"I didn't like that the rest of the section was telling me what to chant!":smilielol5:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b373/redpill12/cartman-1.jpg

Parkdale
07-08-2008, 02:58 PM
^ well played on the Cartman.

Anyone else notice the one bartender at Shoeless is the female version of cartman?

ComeonyouReds
07-08-2008, 03:00 PM
^ well played on the Cartman.

Anyone else notice the one bartender at Shoeless is the female version of cartman?Sounds sexy!!

Parkdale
07-08-2008, 03:01 PM
^ mostly the attitude, not the crack whore mom (but I'm not sure about that)

Shaughno
07-08-2008, 03:07 PM
I brought a buddy with me on Saturday. It was his second game, and we got into 112. He was joining in on everything! All he had to do was listen to it once through and he knew what we were doing. Its not that hard, and I pretty sure he didn't leave feeling "I didn't like that the rest of the section was telling me what to chant!":smilielol5:

I can't stress this enough. I've brought people to nearly every game the past year and a half. Usually by half time they are able to sing half our repetoire without being told to do so. It's really not HARD to join in on the chants, I just don't see why people neglect to.

RedRum
07-08-2008, 03:19 PM
This thread has got me thinking - I think the entire RPB site should be open to supporters only. RPB members, active members of NEE, SSJ, and u-sector. Everyone else can fuck off.

No more "I don't want chanting in my section". No more defending of scalpers. The amount of time we as supporters spend arguing with these people could be MUCH better spent organizing support of our team.

They can fuck off over to BS or some other such place. The best part of this is the withdrawl they would suffer. We all know this is by far the most active and addictive TFC related site around.

AL-MO
07-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Well we do want to bring in 'new' supporters to all groups don't we?

RedRum
07-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Well we do want to bring in 'new' supporters to all groups don't we?

Absolutely - that's why I wrote active members and not existing members.

AL-MO
07-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Absolutely - that's why I wrote active members and not existing members.

Sorry, my mistake. But I undersatnd you initial point. Too much arguing over meanless issues. Personally I think if you aren't going to chant and support the team, you should find another seat outside of the so call 'supporters section'

RedRum
07-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Personally I think if you aren't going to chant and support the team, you should find another seat outside of the so call 'supporters section'

It really is a simple concept isn't it? Completely lost on far too many it seems ;)

Shaughno
07-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Yes, yes, YES! But no, we have to appease the paying customers who are there to enjoy themselves however they deem fit. :rolleyes:

AL-MO
07-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Yes, yes, YES! But no, we have to appease the paying customers who are there to enjoy themselves however they deem fit. :rolleyes:

You know who you are! :reddevil:

Shaughno
07-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Big whoop wanna fight about it?

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/9/d/e/9de0b5fdf849d8dee30320a48a25629f.gif

Roogsy
07-08-2008, 08:24 PM
You're a TFC Supportor first. That means you should be worried if and help if you know you can make a difference in other parts. As a Red Patch Boy you could step up and be able to make all of BMO much louder and mor organized. Also, as the post above mentions... it's All for One. Everyone is for TFC. So help those other sections, instead of just thinking of your own.

Why when they don't want my help? I would rather be in a section with like-minded people. This isn't about thinking of my "own"...this is the same as choosing to buy tickets where people stand or sit. Likewise, I want to be in seats where people sing together, not do their own thing.

Cambridge_Red
07-08-2008, 09:20 PM
HAHA yeah... take the casuals out and leave the real hardcore in the stadium. nothing like 500 people left in the stadium to cheer a goal.

not everyone has to be crazy loud supporters. i'm just glad that some people are loud supporters and that the rest of the stadium is full. i dont want anyone out.

That was quote was taken in regards to the supporters section. I do realize the supporters only fill a minimal amount of space. I would like to see a seat relocation process.

Canadian Blue
07-09-2008, 06:43 AM
This thread has got me thinking - I think the entire RPB site should be open to supporters only. RPB members, active members of NEE, SSJ, and u-sector. Everyone else can fuck off.

No more "I don't want chanting in my section". No more defending of scalpers. The amount of time we as supporters spend arguing with these people could be MUCH better spent organizing support of our team.

They can fuck off over to BS or some other such place. The best part of this is the withdrawl they would suffer. We all know this is by far the most active and addictive TFC related site around.

Why not just have Jack follow up on his threat of deleting all the stupid threads? That would cut down on the redundant bickering and debate.