PDA

View Full Version : Potential Defense Shortlist

nickio
08-08-2011, 02:27 AM
I just thought that since our Offense and Midfield are at least competitive, his club absolutely must solve the mess that is our Defense.

Assuming that Iro, Viator and Harden among the others aren't gonna cut it, which CBs would you like to see part of TFC? whether this season or next.

I'm thinking:
-Mckenna?? (Maybe??)
-Hainault
-Jakovic
- Nat Borchers (RSL)
-Jamison Olave (RSL)

The last two are good defenders, if we could somehow get them. I trully believe that TFC is a few defenders away from being competitive, which is sort of exciting.

So who can compliment us at CB. DP? Any other ideas?

loconet
08-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Easier said than done but I would get rid of jdg (Frings has to play in the mid else we are wasting him so JDG is the odd one out) and have a veteran DP at the back that can anchor that line. With every line having an experienced player to control (and babysit? ) it would give us more stability. It would also give our younger players a reference as they improve their game in their respective area. ...and for the live of God trade harden..

Nuvinho
08-08-2011, 08:12 AM
What about any guys in the MLS Superdraft that can be the next Omar Gonzalez or Tim Ream?

We have a high 1st rounder and the NYRB's pick as well.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-08-2011, 08:14 AM
yeah id take the RSL guys off there, that aint happening anytime soon

menefreghista
08-08-2011, 08:19 AM
yeah id take the RSL guys off there, that aint happening anytime soon

I don't see us getting Hainault or Jakovic either.

Yohan
08-08-2011, 08:25 AM
I'd be willing to give up two first rounders plus a little extra for a solid MLS CB but that's just me. But I'm not sure if most teams will take that... Probably better off seeing who's available on free agency

transfer window closes 15 Aug btw. and Lucas Neill is still available (if we're in dream mode)

MartinUtd
08-08-2011, 08:26 AM
We'll have Materazzi and Williams/Henry in the back.

Why? Because it would piss everyone else off.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-08-2011, 08:31 AM
I don't see us getting Hainault or Jakovic either.

little more realistic trades but i agree, those dudes arent coming either (and im not convinced theyre what we need in the back, neither ones a leader)