PDA

View Full Version : Twitter Cop

Nestease
08-06-2011, 12:24 AM
There's an article in The Star about a cop who's using Twitter and Youtube to connect to the youth. It's sort of like Crime Stoppers with a "cool" cop you can turn to. Anyways, there's a small TFC mention in the article.

The detachment had some early successes with online investigations, White says. At that time, around 2007, a small faction of Toronto FC soccer hooligans were causing problems at BMO Field. So detectives posed as civilians on blogs, where they communicated with and obtained photos of the troublemakers. Then, scanning the crowd during matches from their command post, they identified those individuals in the crowd and posted a uniformed officer nearby, which stopped the trouble before it started. full article: http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1035245--twitter-cop?bn=1

Whoop
08-06-2011, 12:26 AM
No surprise.

Yagbod
08-06-2011, 12:57 AM
No doubt on this board, even posing as members.

CretanBull
08-06-2011, 01:02 AM
TFC Hooligans? Really? How come we don't know them? :(

CretanBull
08-06-2011, 01:03 AM

No doubt.

Edit: I wonder how disappointed they were to discover that in the members section the conversations are all about ordering scarves, planing road trips and bitching about mlse? :smilielol5:

shwade
08-06-2011, 01:37 AM
caught.

DichioTFC
08-06-2011, 02:04 AM
Stopped the trouble before it started? Sounds like the same rationale the G20 police used on the Sunday.

Keystone FC
08-06-2011, 04:08 AM
TFC Hooligans? Really? How come we don't know them? :(
I heard they opened a bar on Queen St. but the city shut them down.

Kaz
08-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Really that is kinda a good way to go about it, so they don't go into g20 mode which was just mob mentality on both sides. (the the police went way over board at times.)

They didn't come on the boards to find people behaving badly and arrest them, they came to stop bad eggs from being bad eggs by putting a deterrent in view.

That's actually good policing, so good in fact that no one really remembers the issue. So the Police heard about problems, found the people causing them, and gave them a reminder non verbally, and without impacting anyone enjoyment of the game, to enjoy themselves responsibly. And saved themselves a lot of paper work.

That should be a good on ya, to the police. No tasers required.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-06-2011, 08:59 AM
i remember that in 2007....Cops were all over BMO field dressed in tfc gear.....and in the supporter sections....

I remember one of the cops giving out a ticket a lamport for drinking outside....and 20mins later i seen him in sec 113 wearing a tfc hat and jersey..lol

Suds
08-06-2011, 09:03 AM
The cops put undercover officers in BMO. I have not noticed them this year but I have not really been looking. They were always in the beer garden milling around in the early years. They are about as undercover as marching an elephant through BMO in Crew colours. They're easy as hell to spot. They are always wearing a similar "outfit".

Note to coppers. Time to change up the undercover uniform. I'm not even a criminal and I can spot you a mile away. :D

FluSH
08-06-2011, 09:11 AM

Someone wanted to get a raise out of nothing... I hope they at least chanted in the stands. What was there to stop?! I have no idea... Anyhow we need more supporters jumping and chanting so lets welcome them in the stands!! lol

s2cazz
08-06-2011, 09:15 AM
I heard they opened a bar on Queen St. but the city shut them down.

This made me spit my coffee out LOL

TOBOR !
08-06-2011, 11:54 AM
I wish I had a coffee...

brad
08-06-2011, 12:06 PM
If they use means like this and are able to stop a very small number of troublemakers before anything happens, power to them. Saves the rest of us being tarred and feathered with the same brush.

Mikey
08-06-2011, 12:07 PM
If we have somehow ended up with a bunch of undercover cops pretending to be players, that would at least explain our abysmal form over the last few seasons.....

TFCRegina
08-06-2011, 01:15 PM
No doubt.

Edit: I wonder how disappointed they were to discover that in the members section the conversations are all about ordering scarves, planing road trips and bitching about mlse? :smilielol5:

You forgot to mention roofs.

Heathen
08-06-2011, 01:48 PM
that explains the drop in attendance, the missing thousands were all undercover OB

zeelaw
08-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Explains the attendance drop? lollollololol