PDA

View Full Version : Will DeRo do the "shake & bake"? A hypothetical question

bgnewf
08-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Started a little debate on Twitter and I wanted to see what you folks thought about it as well.

Hypothetical question:

Saturday night in DC and DeRo scores against TFC. If he does the "shake & bake/chicken dance" thing after scoring how will it make you feel?

koryo
08-04-2011, 06:27 PM
He'll have trouble doing either after Frings breaks his leg

ArmenJBX
08-04-2011, 06:34 PM
sLF31AY25so

Azerban
i'll have to read 12 more roogsy posts, so: terrible

swan
no i don't think he will.. i think he has to much respect for the fans not the club tho.

David_Oliveira
08-04-2011, 06:38 PM
He did it after scoring vs Houston why not do it now?

ArmenJBX
08-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Also.
It's a non-issue.

He will not score. Frings will see to that!

MartinUtd
08-04-2011, 06:48 PM
It always reminded me of the Ric Flair strut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2JNOFCNduQ&t=6m44s

(can't embed with the specific time)

MisterMacphisto
08-04-2011, 06:50 PM
I hope Eckersly takes Mero out by the ankles, then writes an invisible cheque for his medical bills.

If by chance he scores, I bet he does shake and bake. He's a douchebag. First thing he'll do in the locker room is tweet about it too.

Nothing will make me happier than shutting out Mero and beating DC on Saturday.

Pigfynn
08-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Started a little debate on Twitter and I wanted to see what you folks thought about it as well.

Hypothetical question:

Saturday night in DC and DeRo scores against TFC. If he does the "shake & bake/chicken dance" thing after scoring how will it make you feel?

I totally expect him to do it if he scores.

That's what I expect from him

ensco
08-04-2011, 07:05 PM
I totally expect him to do it if he scores.

That's what I expect from him

I don't miss Dero, but....he is going to be amped for this game. He eats guys like Iro for breakfast. I would bet anyone that he scores.

Yeoman
08-04-2011, 07:06 PM
mero was the greatest ever
mero was the team
mero is mero
mero till i die
wow i really don't get how this is still news
but then again cubbies fans won't give up on that fucking goat curse they've got

mowe
08-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Why wouldn't he do it? That's his thing.

He's been doing that on every team he's been on. It's not a Toronto-specific gesture.

Pigfynn
08-04-2011, 07:10 PM
I don't miss Dero, but....he is going to be amped for this game. He eats guys like Iro for breakfast. I would bet anyone that he scores.

Hopefully guys like Iro will be amped up right back and have some idea that DeRo will have circled this game and be ready for it.

ensco
08-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Hopefully guys like Iro will be amped up right back and have some idea that DeRo will have circled this game and be ready for it.

Not sure it's a fair fight, given what we've seen of Iro's footwork.

69Chevy396
08-04-2011, 07:17 PM
I like Dero. It was a stupid idea to trade him for Tchani et al. He is a Toronto born Can NT player, and one of the best soccer players to have come out of Canada, and you guys want his legs broken? If he were to return to TFC, and that is not an impossibility, though not likely, the same people who have a hate on him now would invent a new cheer for every time he steps on the pitch. It is pretty small minded to deride this guy just because he wanted to be paid at least as much as that butt hole Mista was getting. Whose fault was that, certainly not his. The invisible cheque signing incident was an act of frustration. When Alomar spit on the umpire, some people held that against him for over a decade, yet he was probably the best player ever to put on a Jays uniform. I hope Dero scores three goals against us on Saturday, and gives Frei the finger every time he does, why, because this is entertainment, you guys take it way to seriously sometimes.

Pigfynn
08-04-2011, 07:20 PM
I like Dero. It was a stupid idea to trade him for Tchani et al. He is a Toronto born Can NT player, and one of the best soccer players to have come out of Canada, and you guys want his legs broken? If he were to return to TFC, and that is not an impossibility, though not likely, the same people who have a hate on him now would invent a new cheer for every time he steps on the pitch. It is pretty small minded to deride this guy just because he wanted to be paid at least as much as that butt hole Mista was getting. Whose fault was that, certainly not his. The invisible cheque signing incident was an act of frustration. When Alomar spit on the umpire, some people held that against him for over a decade, yet he was probably the best player ever to put on a Jays uniform. I hope Dero scores three goals against us on Saturday, and gives Frei the finger every time he does, why, because this is entertainment, you guys take it way to seriously sometimes.

You're a tool

tfcleeds
08-04-2011, 07:24 PM
If it was in Toronto, he probably wouldn't do it out of respect for the fans, but since it is in DC, why wouldn't he do it? Besides, I'm of the mind that he will be kept off the scoresheet anyways.

ManUtd4ever
08-04-2011, 07:24 PM
I predict he will score, and he will shake and bake.

jazzy
08-04-2011, 07:33 PM
I hope Eckersly takes Mero out by the ankles, then writes an invisible cheque for his medical bills.

If by chance he scores, I bet he does shake and bake. He's a douchebag. First thing he'll do in the locker room is tweet about it too.

so yesterdays news, get over it

Yeoman
08-04-2011, 07:35 PM
do you think he'll just get enough?
or tear this league apart
good other things checked off in this stupid thread
seriously?
we all know this story line
some just can't get enough
some will
roogs comes in and swipes away like an angry knight attacking back in the crusades to defend uhhhhhhhhhhh.........queen and dero i guess

Klinsmann
08-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Yes, I don't think he'll score with no celebration (like Carl Robinson playing against Toronto)

Dero will dance for sure...

http://www.propershapedballs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/dero-goal-cele.jpg

Nerepis
08-04-2011, 07:52 PM
If the game were in Toronto it might be different, but if I score in my own house against the team who traded me away, fuck yea I'm celebrating!

MisterMacphisto
08-04-2011, 07:53 PM
so yesterdays news, get over it

Nope, I checked. He's still a douchebag today.

69Chevy396
08-04-2011, 08:00 PM
You're a tool ouch. that really, really hurts.

Pachuco
08-04-2011, 08:02 PM
I'd be very annoyed if he did.

Oh wait: it's not a home game. So why is this even a discussion? who gives a shit?

v00d00daddy
08-04-2011, 08:02 PM
I agree that he'll be very motivated for this game and play like a man possessed.

Could even result in a goal or two. After which he'll more than likely do the funky chicken dance which is fine for me cause that's his thing.

I think not doing it would be a pretty nice sign of respect but I won't hold my breath. The guy didn't leave on good terms so I don't see why he should respect his former club.

All that being said...even if he does go off and have a great game..I predict he'll do so at the expense and shape of the rest of his squad and TFC wins.

3-2 TFC with two goals by DeRo.

Two shake and bakes.

2 steps forward for DC and DeRo and 3 steps backwards....as usual.

Pookie
08-04-2011, 08:03 PM
He is coming off player of the week honours. He is playing against a club he hates. I'd say the odds are pretty good that he has the game of his life against us.

Looking forward to watching it.

Shakes McQueen
08-04-2011, 08:06 PM
He might. If he does, I won't care.

- Scott

Fort York Redcoat
08-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Guys lets love or hate on DeRo and not each other please and thank you.

:grouphug:

TFCRegina
08-04-2011, 08:41 PM
He might. If he does, I won't care.

- Scott

This.

Although personally I'm hoping he signs a check in front of Aron Winter.

I would have good lolz at that.

Naturally the board would explode in anger though.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Kinda feel like he will, really hope he doesnt

Canary10
08-04-2011, 08:55 PM
This.

If he did that I'd ask who actually paid him his money...oh, wait. No one thinks he's worth it. I see. What a shame

bman27
08-04-2011, 08:56 PM
This.

I don't blame Winter for shipping out a Disgruntled star player when winter's first impression would have been during or just after the celtic debacle. He had a beef with the previous management which Winter obviously must have thought could have the potential to create some serious dressing room tension/ problems. All a new regime needs is the stink of the old one hanging over it...

Globetrotter
08-04-2011, 09:02 PM
It's actually called the Scarborough shuffle.

Razor
08-04-2011, 09:21 PM

+1

Mero can eat shit. Frings will break his leg and arm, then feed it to him for breakfast.

TFC win and Mero goes home crying.

habstfc
08-04-2011, 09:28 PM
I don't think it will matter as tfc will win 1-0

If he does score, of course he'll do it, why wouldn't he? He is going to want to show off and rub it in a little to the organization just what a DP worthy player he is, and they made a big mistake not giving it to him. DC won't give him that title either.

shwade
08-04-2011, 09:37 PM
As if Dero would do the classy thing...

Whoop
08-04-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm not a DeRo fan, but who cares, really?

The shuffle is his trademark.

If he scores, so be it. Odds are he will score, just hope TFC scores one more.

Keegan
08-04-2011, 10:30 PM
I really don't think he'd do it

brad
08-04-2011, 10:38 PM
I seem to remember him not doing it when he scored against us for Houston.

He may hate the club, but he has a lot of respect for us. Plus, if he pisses us of, how is DeRo Ent going to pay the billz when he retires :-)

menefreghista
08-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Seeing as DC is at home, I don't see what the problem is if he does his celebration. Either way I don't care if he does or doesn't.

Because being a TFC fan means being a masochist De Rosario will probably score a hat trick this weekend.

And when the season ends DC will probably trade him to Montreal, so that he can torture us some more.

PAOK17
08-04-2011, 10:56 PM
If you guys take a look at the replay of the goal he scored against Houston the first time we played them in 2009 where he scored at BMO, he doesn't celebrate. The next time he did score against them was last year in Houston where he scored the winning goal in the dying seconds. In that kind of situation I'd tolerate it due to the circumstances. With the adrenaline of scoring the winning goal that late in a game you are desperate for points it's easy to forget your "morals" I guess.

Maybe he won't celebrate against Toronto out of principle since it's his home team. The only way we would have known for sure though is if he had scored on us prior to coming to Toronto.

123 elite
08-04-2011, 11:02 PM

me too.Althouhgh i hope he give JDG the finger. (hopefully over at the bench with his tracksuit on)

Empirical
08-05-2011, 12:35 AM

respect.

DichioTFC
08-05-2011, 04:24 AM
The question isn't if he'll do his chicken dance, but if the TFC game will be the game when he starts bitching publicly about being underpaid again.

Fuck MeRo.

Wull
08-05-2011, 07:34 AM
As long as he doesn't do it in front of any traveling supporters, I really don't care.

To anyone hoping he somehow disrespects this club, the players or management: take a long hard look at yourselves. I won't throw out insults or insinuate in any direction. I'll just leave it at that

Fort York Redcoat
08-05-2011, 07:36 AM
As long as he doesn't do it in front of any traveling supporters, I really don't care.

To anyone hoping he somehow disrespects this club, the players or management: take a long hard look at yourselves. I won't throw out insults or insinuate in any direction. I'll just leave it at that

Very well said.

menefreghista
08-05-2011, 07:38 AM

I could see him running up to the TFC bench and saying something Winter.

backbeat
08-05-2011, 07:48 AM

well that would be really silly of him - this all came about well before Winter

anyway i could care less what DeRo does - he's not a Red :scarf:, Winter and the boys are :drum:

Gazza
08-05-2011, 07:50 AM
With Andy Iro covering him, he will score and he will celebrate.

Knowing that people on this board will get bent out of shape about it makes being scored on a bit more bearable.

Hopefully we are able to bag at least two goals ourselves.

DeRo = TFC Legend.

TFCtoMUFC
08-05-2011, 07:54 AM

Are you seriously this stupid, or is this just to get a response from people? Let's hope a guy who we got rid of (for several good reasons) scores against us (3 goals) causing us to lose and in the process flips off our most constant performer on the pitch for the last 2.5 years. Sounds good, maybe he'll also go studs up in to Eckersley and tear Frings' hair out.

Yes, I don't think he'll score with no celebration (like Carl Robinson playing against Toronto)

Dero will dance for sure...

http://www.propershapedballs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/dero-goal-cele.jpg

LOL Robinson looked scared/apologetic when he scored at BMO last year and he wasn't the least bit interested in celebrating. Pure class that man is.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-05-2011, 08:00 AM

Hypothetical question:

really dont care....what he does..!

I remember when ROBBO scored against us...
8PfyPc_o-_w

His reaction when he scored against us.....Pure Class...but then again ...Robbo is one of the classest footballers in the world!

If Dero did the shake and bake against a team he played for many years in HOUSTON....then he's likely to do it against us.....

__wowza
08-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Meh.

Fushida
08-05-2011, 08:35 AM

being good at something doesn't give you the right to be an asshat. dero was a shit-stirrer and a distraction to a team that had enough problems as it is.

and since when was your team losing 3-0 considered "entertainment"? wtf?

menefreghista
08-05-2011, 08:46 AM
and since when was your team losing 3-0 considered "entertainment"? wtf?

According to some of the pro-Winter posters here, results like that are entertaining and 'attractive'

Jack
08-05-2011, 09:00 AM
According to some of the pro-Winter posters here, results like that are entertaining and 'attractive'

It isn't necessary to take shots at people for their opinions. You can easily say you don't think losing is attractive without adding the insult to your fellow supporters. Then people complain about this board being a shit-show...

Pigfynn
08-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Besides, when did it become pro Winter, pro MLSE , pro players and stop being pro TFC?

I'm pro TFC.

menefreghista
08-05-2011, 09:17 AM
It isn't necessary to take shots at people for their opinions. You can easily say you don't think losing is attractive without adding the insult to your fellow supporters. Then people complain about this board being a shit-show...

Wasn't trying to insult anyway. That's exactly what some people are saying.

TFC Cityboy
08-05-2011, 09:17 AM
I can see us winning this game if we can stay tight at the back (big if). DC's home record is poor and we are high on confidence.
Would not be shocked if MeRo scored and did the cheque signing or shake n bake or something, but as long as we bag the points, I don't care!

Roogsy
08-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Funny all this concern about what he will do. If we're TFC fans we should be concerned with what TFC will do. DeRo is gone. Why do we care what he does at a home game for him? If it was at BMO Field I could understand the objection.

All this wind up over the most likely result being a draw, which has been the trend in MLS this year. People complain about the drama but deep down I think they like it.

Jack
08-05-2011, 09:37 AM
It's fun to speculate, theorize and, of course, hate :D. That's why message boards are so successful.

maninb
08-05-2011, 09:39 AM
"I hope Dero scores three goals against us on Saturday"....the WTF are you doing on a TFC supporters board? Ya dumbass....

Jack
08-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Let it die, Maninb. It's not worth the shit show.

mdc 77
08-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Of course we like the drama, its what makes sports great. That said, drama is great when its not your own captain involved with it. Unless that drama is a late winning goal or game saving tackle.

Only thing I care about is a TFC win and I think this is a good chance to get one on the road.

Roogsy
08-05-2011, 09:55 AM
This may be another Portland game where the poor defense of both teams let in multiple goals. I foresee a draw, probably another 2-2 game and yes DeRo gets a goal.

Next.

Canary10
08-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Predictions are a fool's game, but this is an entirely winnable game.

Yohan
08-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Funny all this concern about what he will do. If we're TFC fans we should be concerned with what TFC will do. DeRo is gone. Why do we care what he does at a home game for him? If it was at BMO Field I could understand the objection.

All this wind up over the most likely result being a draw, which has been the trend in MLS this year. People complain about the drama but deep down I think they like it.
100% agreed. I don't get the obsession over DeRo

ag futbol
08-05-2011, 10:19 AM
I agree, let's just worry about our own shit this weekend regardless of what happens with Dero. Honestly there are more important things going on with TFC right now.

Fort York Redcoat
08-05-2011, 10:24 AM
DeRo is gone. Why do we care what he does at a home game for him?

What do we care about him at all is a very good question.

Roogsy
08-05-2011, 10:27 AM
What do we care about him at all is a very good question.

A bit naive I would say. We should care at least because he is a dangerous opposition player.

For others, they might care because he is still a Canadian national and a Toronto boy. That's not a completely unreasonable reason but not necessarily relevant to a TFC discussion.

In the end, what his celebration has to do with TFC's performance I don't know. He may or may not score. We should be worried about what our team is going to do to avoid that from happening.

TOBOR !
08-05-2011, 10:44 AM
man. Another runaway train Dero thread. I know, I know... I don't haveta read it or post in it... it's just so ridiculous. If he scores he'll do the chicken strut because that's what he does. He won't mean anything by it, it's just him. What else was there ?... oh, yeah, it's Dero and he's a dangerous player, so we should be concerned about him (as you would any other potential scoring threat), but not in a former-TFC-player-coming-back-to-BMO kind of way... surely we've moved on from that ?

Roogsy
08-05-2011, 10:45 AM
3 pages in 2 days is a runaway thread? :noidea:

Klinsmann
08-05-2011, 11:18 AM
I predict that Plata will score 2 and do his own version of the shake'n'bake chicken dance!!!

Menelaos
08-05-2011, 11:28 AM
I hope he doesn't score, but if they are to score on us, I prefer it be him.
Shake, no shake, whatever...the ball in the net is what will bother me I suppose.

Whoop
08-05-2011, 11:34 AM

This year?

Draws have been a trend in MLS for years. Tip if you're ever betting on MLS games. ;)

DangerRed
08-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Winter: We came here to win.

DeRo: Fuck you.

Winter:

http://philosophistry.com/scans/2010/okay-face.jpg

DangerRed
08-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Predictions are a fool's game, but this is an entirely winnable game.

April 16, 2011.

DCU @ TFC

Final DCU 3 : 0 TFC

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/7/73/20110128203738!Trollface.png

TOBOR !
08-05-2011, 12:06 PM
3 pages in 2 days is a runaway thread? :noidea:

Call it precognition - just sit back and watch.

Ultra & Proud
08-05-2011, 12:15 PM
The question isn't if he'll do his chicken dance, but if the TFC game will be the game when he starts bitching publicly about being underpaid again.

Fuck MeRo.

I actually think he'll hold that off until the off season. I don't think he wants to be on 4 teams in one season. By the time he's done he probably will have played on nearly every team in the league because no one in their right mind is going to give him a DP deal.

Couchy81
08-05-2011, 12:21 PM
April 16, 2011.

DCU @ TFC

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/7/73/20110128203738!Trollface.png

http://i.minus.com/ijm0iG.png

mdc 77
08-05-2011, 12:23 PM
April 16, 2011.

DCU @ TFC

D.C. United is winless in 6 at home, given up 17 goals in 10 matches at home and only 2 wins at home this year.

DangerRed
08-05-2011, 12:29 PM
http://i.minus.com/ijm0iG.png

http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens18237691_1311936679me-gusta-meme.jpg

Alixir
08-05-2011, 12:41 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe0oZBun1fUoeI3FlE9lWW27ygyJpuu xJzcFg-vSx4uLLzliusQg

69Chevy396
08-05-2011, 01:31 PM
I am as big a supporter as any of the people who feel the need to insult me for lamenting the trade of the best player who ever wore a TFC kit. Why is it so hard to admit that the team made a mistake? The love-in stuff surrounding the dressing room is grossly overrated, some of the best pro teams in the world are/were, made up of players who couldn't stand each other. In addition, unless you are part of that dressing room, all you can do is speculate, how do any of you know that Dero was a vermin in the dressing room? When Gretzky was traded by the Oilers he was given a standing ovation whenever he returned to Edmonton. Have some class, this is only sports entertainment. I come here to learn stuff about the team, cause the TFC website is utter garbage. I have spent thousands on tickets at BMO, I think I have as much imput on this as any of you, and, considering that I am not a member, I never resort to insults or other lame put downs. Give it a break, you are supporting the worst team in a third rate soccer league, this is not the EPL. so have fun with this, don't make it your lifes work.

Pookie
08-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Does he need "permission" to do the choking chicken dance of his?

cherono
08-05-2011, 01:58 PM
He was doing it before TFC existed, so fair fooks to him if he does it after scoring at his own ground. Having said that, I'd way rather DeRo scores than Davies. Now that guy's a bellend.

Couchy81
08-05-2011, 02:08 PM
He was doing it before TFC existed, so fair fooks to him if he does it after scoring at his own ground. Having said that, I'd way rather DeRo scores than Davies. Now that guy's a bellend.

Totally. I wouldn't mind seeing Dero score, as long as it's not the winning goal.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-05-2011, 02:23 PM
id rather see neither score

Brooker
08-05-2011, 02:32 PM
I hope Dero scores three goals against us on Saturday, and gives Frei the finger every time he does, why, because this is entertainment, you guys take it way to seriously sometimes.

There's just something about not wanting somebody to get a hat trick against my team and flip the bird to my keeper that I don't wanna see.

He did it after scoring vs Houston why not do it now?

Not the first time. Right before he was gonna do it he pulled up and just jogged back to our end.

Why wouldn't he do it? That's his thing.

He's been doing that on every team he's been on. It's not a Toronto-specific gesture.

because he made a point of not doing it when he scored against Houston.

I do have a feeling he'll do it to us, though.

Pookie
08-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Most of DeRo's goals have all been on PKs. If we can avoid that, the question isn't whether he will score it's whether he can keep his shots lower than Row 21.

Nuvinho
08-05-2011, 02:38 PM
DeRo scores, but into his own net.....TFC wins 1-0! He still does his dance because he is MeRo!!!!

Lucky Strike
08-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Of course he does his chicken dance, because he's classless and I will be unsurprised at the move.

Suds
08-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Game is in DC. If he scores and does his usual celebration I will not care. I'll only be pissed at whatever TFC breakdown led to the goal. He's scoring for his team in their home field and should only be worried about putting on a show for their fans. He does not play for us anymore.

If the game was in Toronto, I would hope he think it wise to tone down his goal celebration and keep it amongst his teammates.

ManUtd4ever
08-05-2011, 03:46 PM
One thing is certain, if/when he scores, he won't look up at DCU ownership's private box and make a cheque signing gesture.

Pookie
08-05-2011, 04:07 PM
One thing is certain, if/when he scores, he won't look up at DCU ownership's private box and make a cheque signing gesture.

For his sake, I hope he doesn't make a "DP" gesture. That could get misinterpreted pretty quickly.

Don Julio
08-05-2011, 04:08 PM
I always shuddered when he did that when he scored for us, and I feel exactly the same when he does it for another club or against us. It's the opposite of what I like in a celebration - "look at me, I"m awesome" instead of celebrating with teammates, celebrating with the fans and the like.

Inklink
08-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Love the broadcast/game info at the top of the forum ("NOTICES"). Good stuff.

I don't care if he does it.

Torontotonto
08-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Couldn't care less one way or the other.
Just hope we can come out of this with a win.

Batman
08-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Couldn't care less one way or the other.
Just hope we can come out of this with a win.

Ditto. I couldn't give a rats ass.

Let's win this game!

jazzy
08-05-2011, 06:26 PM

don't think so at all, he may celebrate subtly, but only for and with his teammates,......Dero in my memory has never singled out any specific opponent in victory......what would any of you do??....He's in this mess for 1 reason, a very overrated , underperforming teammate was doing shit and getting paid over a million $ for it, all the while being totally aloof from team leadership. I love and I am enjoying the rebirth of TFC. He's not on my team. He owes me nothing, I owe him nothing. The real shit Davies is being ignored, while people somehow can't get over Dero???

Thomas
08-05-2011, 06:50 PM
I am no big Dero fan, and was not opposed to him being shipped out either. Having said that, Dero produced big time for our team. It wasn't that long ago that many of us were on our feet cheering when he scored (most of our production). I think at least a bit of respect is still in order.

menefreghista
08-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Most of DeRo's goals have all been on PKs. If we can avoid that, the question isn't whether he will score it's whether he can keep his shots lower than Row 21.

Where do you get your info from? 2 of his 6 goals this season have been from the penalty spot.

Heathen
08-06-2011, 10:51 AM
De Ro almost single-handedly won us our first trophy, I was there and will never forget that night. He deserves some respect, there's a lot of hate on this thread which is undeserved.

TFCRegina
08-06-2011, 01:21 PM
De Ro almost single-handedly won us our first trophy, I was there and will never forget that night. He deserves some respect, there's a lot of hate on this thread which is undeserved.

Yep, I was too. Twas my first TFC match I saw live.

Gazza
08-06-2011, 01:37 PM

People don't like his arrogance. But i argue that if he wasn't a bit arrogant, he wouldn't be as good as he is. I wish more Canadian players would have his confidence and strut in their step.

Best TFC player...arguably the best Canadian player ever. I wish him well...just not tonight please.

Heathen
08-06-2011, 01:45 PM
People don't like his arrogance. But i argue that if he wasn't a bit arrogant, he wouldn't be as good as he is. I wish more Canadian players would have his confidence and strut in their step.

Best TFC player...arguably the best Canadian player ever. I wish him well...just not tonight please.

All I know is that the first time I saw him for TFC at Columbus I was amazed at how a player who was obviously skilled actually got stuck in. On the field he's no prima donna.

v00d00daddy
08-06-2011, 01:51 PM
I appreciate the appreciation here lol but...

Fuck him.

It's game day. I hope we squash dc and dero along with them.

Nostalgia and dero love ins should be reserved for a different day.

Fuck Dero and fuck DC!

Stryker
08-06-2011, 01:55 PM
I hope Frings marks him and fucks him up all game.

Gazza
08-06-2011, 02:01 PM
From passed experience, going after his legs is the worst thing you can do. Just makes him angry and more determined.

Frings will cut off his supply and suffocate him (hopefully). And Iro will make car tire screeching sounds at Davies all night long.

jloome
08-06-2011, 03:22 PM
From passed experience, going after his legs is the worst thing you can do. Just makes him angry and more determined.

Frings will cut off his supply and suffocate him (hopefully). And Iro will make car tire screeching sounds at Davies all night long.

DeRo's a ball hog. Need to make him carry the ball and push him wide, so his looks at goal are poor, double-team him when he does get inside.

Heathen
08-06-2011, 03:43 PM
I appreciate the appreciation here lol but...

Fuck him.

It's game day. I hope we squash dc and dero along with them.

Nostalgia and dero love ins should be reserved for a different day.

Fuck Dero and fuck DC!

Ok yes sorry :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :rolleyes:

Super Cereal
08-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Don't know or care, it's one of the dumbest goal celebrations in sports.

DichioTFC
08-06-2011, 04:19 PM
^ Correction, this is the dumbest goal celebration in sports.

96eSrFlUVh0

TFCRegina
08-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Don't know or care, it's one of the dumbest goal celebrations in sports.

What about Carl Robinson when he did that...flying shit.

Pookie
08-06-2011, 04:40 PM
2tLgU4j5Q7U

This one might beat those ones.

v00d00daddy
08-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Ok yes sorry :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :rolleyes:

Much better lol

We will score one goal for each of those emoticons.

3-2 TFC

Pachuco
08-06-2011, 06:15 PM
I hope we win 5-4. Dero with 4 goals.

Heathen
08-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Few apologies owed on this thread

kaos197O
08-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Few apologies owed on this thread
Agreed.

What do all you haters have to say now?

ArmenJBX
08-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Nope.

/end thread

ensco
08-06-2011, 08:29 PM

Do I get a cookie for this post from a couple of days ago?

69Chevy396
08-06-2011, 08:37 PM
For anybody who likes soccer, you have to admire what DeRo did tonight, he was the best player on the field, bar none, and is simply better than any of the players that Winter picked up to replace him. It was stupid to trade him, and it shows every time he scores a goal, which he does better than anybody who has played for TFC during the past five years

Oldtimer
08-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Do I get a cookie for this post from a couple of days ago?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

DOMIN8R
08-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Much respect to DeRo. That. Is. A.....

Redcoe15
08-06-2011, 09:10 PM
A hat trick from Dero at DC, and no shakin' and bakin'. This, to me, shows he has the class.

DOMIN8R
08-06-2011, 09:12 PM
I just went through all the posts in this thread. More than a few may want to delete their posts before others do the same.

And, yes - ensco deserves a cookie.

flambe
08-06-2011, 09:26 PM
It was stupid to trade him...

I'm pretty sure he asked to be traded because we wouldn't pay him more money. Yes, I know there is the whole "broken promises" element too, but Winter inherited that shit from MoJo. Still doesn't mean he should be a DP.

Long story short, he still gets paid the same coin at NYRB, now DCU.

T-boy
08-06-2011, 09:54 PM
DeRo for Tchani, Tchani for Iro.

Best trade EVER!

ag futbol
08-06-2011, 10:18 PM

Best trade EVER!
Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!

ManUtd4ever
08-06-2011, 10:38 PM
TFC better hope that Griffit is a player, and New York's 1st round pick is a gem...

Wull
08-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Kudos to Dwayne, kept it very classy in respect to our club and did what he does best on the pitch at the same time

jazzy
08-06-2011, 10:50 PM

Best trade EVER!

oops!.....I am sad to be right,always thought he was giving it all, and you doubt yourself, listen to all the hate and wonder if you missed something.......nope! This was his home town, and we dumped him like a bag of s###,..this reflects on us, not him.

brad
08-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Kudos to Dwayne, kept it very classy in respect to our club and did what he does best on the pitch at the same time

The respect is for us, not the club - and kudos to him for that.

Shakes McQueen
08-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Much respect to Dwayne for showing respect to the Toronto fans. I'm sure it was tempting to give a big middle finger to the Toronto management from his perspective, after having such a good night.

- Scott

Auzzy
08-06-2011, 11:55 PM
The respect was probably also towards his former team mates, although there are very few of those left on the team -- Stefan Frei though in particular.