PopePouri
08-03-2011, 03:28 PM
The lineup I'd like to see...

Eckersley---Robinson---Iro---Morgan
-------Frings---------JDG----------
--------------Avila-----------------
Plata-----------------------Johnson
-----------Koevermans-------------

Going to be tough match but I think I have more hope now that we can pull out a result.

Nuvinho
08-03-2011, 03:32 PM
DeRo meet Frings, DeRo meet grass after meeting Frings.

Section 117
08-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Fuck DC I hope we stick it to them especially that diving cunt Davies

ManUtd4ever
08-03-2011, 03:49 PM
DeRo has been rejuvenated in DC as one of their primary offensive weapons, unlike his situation in NY. I predict he will have a great game against us, and probably score.

I was going to state that TFC will be motivated to avenge the 3-0 defeat at BMO earlier this season, but most of those players are gone, LOL. Hopefully the knock to Johnson isn't serious and Winter can field a full strength lineup.

TFC 2 DCU 2

--------------Frei----------------

Eckersley-Robinson-Iro-Morgan

------Dunfield-----Frings--------

--------------Avila---------------

Johnson--------------------Plata

----------Koevermans----------

Subs: JDG, Marosevic, Soolsma

backbeat
08-03-2011, 03:56 PM
--------------Frei---------------

Eckersley--Robinson--Iro--Morgan

------Dunfield-------Frings---------

Soolsma------Avila----------Johnson

----------Koevermans-----------

Subs: Stinson, Marosevic, Plata

dantdot
08-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Chance of thunder showers with a high probability of check signing gestures and sorrow.

DaBandit
08-03-2011, 04:01 PM
DeRo has been rejuvenated in DC as one of their primary offensive weapons, unlike his situation in NY. I predict he will have a great game against us, and probably score. I was going to state that TFC will be motivated to avenge the 3-0 defeat at BMO earlier this season, but most of those players are gone, LOL. Hopefully the knock to Johnson isn't serious and Winter can field a full strength lineup.

TFC 2 DCU 2

------Dunfield-----Frings---------

Johnson------Avila----------Plata

Subs: JDG, Marosevic, Soolsma

Thats the exact lineup i would like to see. However i wouldnt mind seeing soolsma start on the right and johnson on the left. Then Plata coming in for soolsma around the hour mark with some fresh legs.. :scarf:

3-1 TFC.. Koevermans with 2, Frings with 1 (PK)... :drinking:

TFC USA
08-03-2011, 04:13 PM
DC 4 Toronto FC 3

Offense deadly, defense dead.

kodiakTFC
08-03-2011, 04:33 PM
The lineup I'd like to see...

-------Frings---------JDG----------

Going to be tough match but I think I have more hope now that we can pull out a result.

Hmm.. I look at that line-up and I'm not angry. Keep Dunfield, Stinson, Soolsma and Marosevic for subs and we finally have an accepting line-up.

rocker
08-03-2011, 04:33 PM
I can't predict a TFC win, considering DC is fully rested (they played last Saturday, and they played the previous Saturday..... so lots of rest) and TFC just travelled across the continent to Portland and then thousands of miles to central America and back to Toronto. The flight to DC will seem like a quick ride! And the road in MLS has been a graveyard for TFC, historically the worst team on the road in MLS.

DC also seems to be on the upswing.

I hope I'm proven wrong, but under these circumstances a tie would be a triumph, a loss most likely.

Auzzy
08-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Expecting nothing.

For board sanity, I really hope that DeRo isn't too successful vs. TFC. But then again, whatever he does, some faction is going to use it as "proof" of something or other, so I guess it doesn't really make a difference...

swan
08-03-2011, 06:04 PM
I can't predict a TFC win, considering DC is fully rested (they played last Saturday, and they played the previous Saturday..... so lots of rest) and TFC just travelled across the continent to Portland and then thousands of miles to central America and back to Toronto. The flight to DC will seem like a quick ride! And the road in MLS has been a graveyard for TFC, historically the worst team on the road in MLS.

DC also seems to be on the upswing.

I hope I'm proven wrong, but under these circumstances a tie would be a triumph, a loss most likely.

i think they would just go to DC no.. instead of flying back to T.O and then there..

swan
08-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Expecting nothing.

For board sanity, I really hope that DeRo isn't too successful vs. TFC. But then again, whatever he does, some faction is going to use it as "proof" of something or other, so I guess it doesn't really make a difference...

boards are going to be a shit show because of it..

Brooker
08-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Well, we're due for a road win.... and we have no business winning this game... so I think we'll take 3 pts.

dow117
08-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Fuck DC I hope we stick it to them especially that diving cunt Davies

That prick celebrated a goal in front of our supporters section...classless jerk: hope ecks breaks his frigging legs

Couchy81
08-03-2011, 08:11 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing some of the kids in this game, Morgan, Henry, Stinson, Omphroy, because honestly we aren't making the playoffs this year, and getting the young guys MLS experience this year while the A team pushes for a strong CCL finish seems more logical.

rocker
08-03-2011, 10:21 PM
i think they would just go to DC no.. instead of flying back to T.O and then there..

apparently they are in Toronto now.. at least that's what Plata tweeted this morning. So I guess they are home for Thursday and then fly to DC on Friday.

swan
08-04-2011, 05:16 AM
apparently they are in Toronto now.. at least that's what Plata tweeted this morning. So I guess they are home for Thursday and then fly to DC on Friday.

really wow..

i just figured go straight there and have a rest day instead of a travel day..

Couchy81
08-04-2011, 07:47 AM
really wow..

i just figured go straight there and have a rest day instead of a travel day..

Thursday is the rest day... at home... friday a 2 hour flight

Pookie
08-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Should be an interesting game. DC is one point out of a playoff spot and playing at home therefore should be hungry.

As for DeRo and these boards, I don't think it needs to be a big deal. He is coming off Player of the Week honours and it makes no difference to our decision (and NY's decision) to move on.

Those that are comfortable with the trade are comfortable regardless of whether he scores 5 in this game or whether he falls on his ass.

I suspect that the pro-DeRo camp might be looking for some kind of "I told you so" but that won't go anywhere. It will come across as a sour grapes and at the end of the day irrelevant. The player isn't coming back to Toronto (or New York). Best we all just move on.

maninb
08-04-2011, 08:23 AM
No chance Avila starts....It'll be Dunfield or Marosevic...

mdc 77
08-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Great chance for TFC to pickup 3 points on the road. D.C. has been poor at home, haven't won in 6 matches, given up 17 goals and only won twice overall.

3-2 TFC

Gazza
08-04-2011, 08:32 AM
It's going to be a nightmare watching DeRo run at Iro all game.

I expect a barn burner with both teams refusing to or being incapable of playing defense.

menefreghista
08-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Those that are comfortable with the trade are comfortable regardless of whether he scores 5 in this game or whether he falls on his ass.

As it stands now the trade return for TFC is Iro, Borman, Griffit and a 2nd rounder.

If De Rosario has a couple more decent MLS seasons the trade is an awful waste of an asset.

Not to mention the void the trade left on TFC's offense for the first 2/3rds of the season.

Pookie
08-04-2011, 08:42 AM
^ Which spin cycle are you using?

Return is: Iro, Borman, Griffit, 1st Rounder and the signing of one of Koevermans or Frings

(unless you want to spin it that the DP tag wasn't necessary here or in New York or as rumoured throughout the league)

Best you join the rest of us and move on

menefreghista
08-04-2011, 08:53 AM
^ Which spin cycle are you using?

Return is: Iro, Borman, Griffit, 1st Rounder and the signing of one of Koevermans or Frings

(unless you want to spin it that the DP tag wasn't necessary here or in New York or as rumoured throughout the league)

Best you join the rest of us and move on

Its funny that you of all people would accuse anyone of spin. You would want us to believe that De Rosario is done as a player in this league. When all signs point to the opposite.

You are right on one point, it is a 1st rounder, my mistake. Hopefully NYRB's decline continues so that the pick improves for TFC.

I think TFC made a horrible return on an asset and left the team with a big hole on its roster for more than half of its season. If you are ok with that so be it.

Pookie
08-04-2011, 08:56 AM
^ He's not done as a player in this league but he isn't worthy of a Designated Player tag and salary. NY and Toronto and most importantly, the League, have determined that.

He can still kick a ball. Just not for a team that wants to win it all now. Or a team that is interested in leadership and establishing a positive culture.

Gazza
08-04-2011, 09:00 AM
^ He's not done as a player in this league but he isn't worthy of a Designated Player tag and salary. NY and Toronto and most importantly, the League, have determined that.

He can still kick a ball. Just not for a team that wants to win it all now. Or a team that is interested in leadership and establishing a positive culture.

I thought we were moving on?

menefreghista
08-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Or a team that is interested in leadership and establishing a positive culture.

Its interesting that you say that, as De Rosario was DC's captain in their last match.

Plus we know now that Houston was also interested in getting De Rosario. Seems like only in Toronto is he not a worthy player.

But ya, we know you hate him.

----------

For the record, I have no problem with trading De Rosario. I just wish the return was better and the team wasn't left short handed when it happened, that's all.

Sure, I wish he was still on the team because I think his talent and usefulness in this league is undeniable, but that ship has sailed. But I understand that in sport that players get moved.

Derko
08-04-2011, 09:05 AM
TFC 3-2 win

Red CB Toronto
08-04-2011, 09:25 AM
I am sure hoping to see my first TFC MLS victory on the road when I make it down to Washington this weekend. I see a 2-0 victory, Joao and Danny will a score each.

ag futbol
08-04-2011, 09:29 AM
2-0 DC.

Flank play exposes weak backline, rewind the tape.

ryan
08-04-2011, 09:35 AM
2-1 TFC

DeRo for DC
Plata and Frings score for TFC

Pookie
08-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Its interesting that you say that, as De Rosario was DC's captain in their last match.

So he is leading a team that promotes Charlie Davies. Seems like a good fit ;)

Wherever we land on this issue, I know both you and I are pulling for a Reds victory on the weekend. Let's stay focused on that.

Deal?

denime
08-04-2011, 10:50 AM
OK GUYS ENOUGH MOVE ON,go back to topic if you can't than stay away from the thread.

This is a TFC supporters board,please keep that in mind when you post here,Thanks.

Canary10
08-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Seems that MeRO will definitely be an underlying storline in this game. But I have no opinion on him one way or the other.

DangerRed
08-04-2011, 12:12 PM
It will be an extremely pleasant surprise if TFC avoid a big loss to DC. My final prediction is DC 2-1 TFC, but if the confidence from Esteli sticks, we may see a draw.

Carts
08-04-2011, 12:18 PM
It will be an extremely pleasant surprise if TFC avoid a big loss to DC. My final prediction is DC 2-1 TFC, but if the confidence from Esteli sticks, we may see a draw.

Yeah I'm the same in regards to having some added confidence right now...

I have a bit of a hop in my step...

I am also adding the comeback tie against Portland in there too...

A 3rd straight result of some kind could do wonders for our confidence going forward...

Ben - D.O.W.
08-04-2011, 12:23 PM
A 3rd straight result of some kind could do wonders for our confidence going forward...

Don't we already have 3? (Esteli, Portland, Esteli)

Carts
08-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Don't we already have 3? (Esteli, Portland, Esteli)

:facepalm:

Wait... I never was good at math, I mean, errr counting, errr - I'm lumping both Esteli games as once b/c it was aggregate...

There - that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D

pekduck
08-04-2011, 12:29 PM

Wait... I never was good at math, I mean, errr counting, errr - I'm lumping both Esteli games as once b/c it was aggregate...

There - that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D

:drinking:more, it'll solve all math problems in the world

DangerRed
08-04-2011, 12:32 PM

And confidence problems too! :D

ManUtd4ever
08-04-2011, 12:46 PM
I watched an interview with Stefan Frei on Toronto FC Today on GolTV yesterday, and he said that there has been a much more positive vibe in the locker room recently. I hope it carries over to DC.

Ben - D.O.W.
08-04-2011, 12:50 PM

Including 3 pts < 0 pts. Well sometimes anyway. Sometimes there isn't enough :drinking:in the world to make that math work.

And don't worry McCartney - that's what I figured. I just didn't want anyone else to get confused.

MarkoftheDrink
08-04-2011, 12:54 PM
1-1 final. Koef and Davies.

Shit these past few games make it seem like we almost have a stable lineup!
Don't really mind if we lose this one as long as we keep looking more like a team out there. The team defense is what I'm hoping to see more of, we need to support our backline like they support the offense.

--------JDG-------Frings---------

Soolsma----Dunfield-----Johnson

Subs: Avila, Stinson, Plata

If Johnson's out:

--------JDG-------Frings---------

Soolsma----Dunfield-----Plata

Subs: Avila, Stinson, Peri

Ossington Mental Youth
08-04-2011, 12:56 PM
i think we will see Dunfield before JDG and youll see Marosevic or even Avila as AM

MarkoftheDrink
08-04-2011, 12:58 PM
I watched an interview with Stefan Frei on Toronto FC Today on GolTV yesterday, and he said that there has been a much more positive vibe in the locker room recently. I hope it carries over to DC.

That's great to hear, I could tell the shitshow was beginning to wear on him and Winter. I think Mariner has managed to suck out the majority of the poison, anything leftover will be in the minority and either contribute positively or be discarded by next season.

MarkoftheDrink
08-04-2011, 01:05 PM
i think we will see Dunfield before JDG and youll see Marosevic or even Avila as AM

Is Avila able to play a full 90? Maybe put him in for 60+ and sub him out when he gases. He hasn't played a full 90 in... I don't know how long, not sure he ever has for FCD. MLS game logs go back to 3/27/2010 and he hasn't played more than 76 mins.

Lets hope if he does play he decides to track back, FCD fans have mentioned he hasn't done much of that in the past.

If he and JDG start that could be 2 subs used up just for players lacking fitness.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-04-2011, 01:10 PM
i suspect Avila will be raring to play a full 90 hence that almost loan to that mexican team

dantdot
08-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Avila was at BMO working out today(from his twitter). Wouldn't be surprised if Winter throws him out there as he always does with new players.

ag futbol
08-05-2011, 10:28 AM
This will be an interesting game with the additions of the new players and something closer to a finished product.

Avila is such a natural addition to the squad at the AM spot that's something to be excited about.

ManUtd4ever
08-05-2011, 12:26 PM
TFC might be shorthanded in the midfield tomorrow...

INJURY REPORT:

D.C. UNITED – OUT: MF Branko Boskovic (L ACL tear); GK Joe Willis (L little finger fracture); DF Jed Zayner (L knee sprain); DOUBTFUL: MF Kurt Morsink (R ankle sprain); QUESTIONABLE: DF Devon McTavish (concussion); FW Joseph Ngwenya (concussion); MF Santino Quaranta (concussion); PROBABLE: FW Josh Wolff (L hamstring strain)

TORONTO FC – OUT: MF Elbekay Bouchiba (R knee surgery recovery); DF Adrian Cann (R knee surgery recovery); DF Dicoy Williams (R knee surgery recovery); MF Leandre Griffit (abdominal strain); QUESTIONABLE: MF Julian de Guzman (L knee swelling); MF Terry Dunfield (R adductor strain); MF Nathan Sturgis (L gluteus strain); MF Gianluca Zavarise (L hamstring tightness)

Ageroo
08-05-2011, 12:28 PM
They take forever to update the questionable list....so who knows

MarkoftheDrink
08-05-2011, 12:33 PM
I wonder how much of an effect the stress of a shitty locker room/team situation has on injuries and recovery time.

dupont
08-05-2011, 12:44 PM
1-0 DC.. I hope I'm wrong though

Couchy81
08-05-2011, 12:53 PM
TFC might be shorthanded in the midfield tomorrow...

Sounds like (un)intentional sarcasm. :)

Marosevic, Frings, Avila, Stinson, Gold, Cordon, we'll be fine.

trane
08-05-2011, 01:51 PM
I hope that Winter adopts a simple but winning tactic- he should have the team score more goals then DC. I think if we do that we would win.

I hope Winter catches on to this.

jloome
08-05-2011, 01:56 PM
I hope that Winter adopts a simple but winning tactic- he should have the team score more goals then DC. I think if we do that we would win.

I hope Winter catches on to this.

That ol' Italian tactical genius kicking in again, eh trane?

trane
08-05-2011, 01:59 PM
^ What can I say. hahahahah. I believe in KISS, and that is as KISS as it gets.

ManUtd4ever
08-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Interview with Eric Avila up on TFC TV today. He is very excited about his opportunity in Toronto, and he feels that TFC's tactical approach is tailor made for him. I'm curious to see what the kid can do tomorrow, as I'm sure he'll see some action on the pitch.

Cas87
08-05-2011, 03:07 PM
-------Frings---------Dunfield-------

Yohan
08-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Last few times tfc got a result at rfk was because of dero... should be interesting how still shambles of tfc defence deals with pontius dero and that cunt davies if he plays. No andy najar on the wing so theres that.

I dont have confidence that tfc will get a result in dc and will be happy with a draw. However maybe some of the lads will remember 3-0 spanking at bmo field in apr and do something to right that

Flint
08-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Im hoping for a win. It would boost the morale and confidence of our team quite a bit. The past 3 games have been pretty good to watch 2-1 win vs Esteli, 2-2 come from behind tie in protland, and a 2-1 win away to Esteli. A good result tomorrow and things are looking up.

Auzzy
08-05-2011, 11:18 PM
I wonder if there will be any streams. TSN blocks games from being shown on MLS MatchDay Live in Canada. myp2p lists the game at http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?&matchid=124670&part=sports

but says a link won't be shown until tomorrow afternoon...

backbeat
08-05-2011, 11:42 PM
in Portland, i think it was Portland, Frings came back from a DM to an almost CB position. as a tough DM you can almost see it.

as JDG is also a DM but not so tough but has movement and placement - maybe i'm out to lunch, but what if he was moved to LB?

--------------Frei---------------------

Eckersley--Henry--Iro--------JDG--

-------Dunfield------Frings-----------

Soolsma-------Avila-----Johnson----

-------------Koevermans-------------

subs: Plata, Marosevic, Morgan

Couchy81
08-05-2011, 11:46 PM
in Portland, i think it was Portland, Frings came back from a DM to an almost CB position. as a tough DM you can almost see it.

as JDG is also a DM but not so tough but has movement and placement - maybe i'm out to lunch, but what if he was moved to LB?

JDG at LB doesn't sound so bad if he is replacing Borman or Yourass but I'd still rather have Morgan there tbh. Young uninjured legs with a lot of upside if he develops his game through extended playtime.

backbeat
08-05-2011, 11:54 PM
JDG at LB doesn't sound so bad if he is replacing Borman or Yourass but I'd still rather have Morgan there tbh. Young uninjured legs with a lot of upside if he develops his game through extended playtime.

i like Morgan getting the experience, that's why i put him as a sub but JDG does have skill - and i wouldn't mind taking a chance and seeing him behind and supporting Johnson or Koev.

DichioTFC
08-06-2011, 05:31 AM
I'm very excited to see what Avila can do. I might be getting my hopes up, but if we have Frings / Dunfield / JDG as two deep lying midfielders and Avila does a good job as the #10 going up the pitch, we could definitely play spoiler / win CCL group / win Trillium Cup this season.

3-1 TFC

tfc007
08-06-2011, 06:37 AM
3 points tonight for sure,well I hope!

denime
08-06-2011, 07:03 AM

Unfortunately we can't have this line up tonight:

SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: DC: Austin da Luz, Ethan White … TOR: Danleigh Borman, Terry Dunfield, Ryan Johnson, Javier Martina, Mikael Yourassowsky

ag futbol
08-06-2011, 07:42 AM
^ I don't think that means they are actually suspended. I think it means two more yellow cards and they will be.

denime
08-06-2011, 07:54 AM
^ I don't think that means they are actually suspended. I think it means two more yellow cards and they will be.

Yeah,you are right,I don't know why are they even bother bringing this stat at all.

ag futbol
08-06-2011, 08:01 AM
I know what you mean. I had to read that MLS blurb a couple of times before I understood it.

What tipped me off was yourassowski didn't play last game but he's on the list.

Ron Manager
08-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Is there a group travelling to the match? I am currently not far from Washington and think I'll be going and would prefer to sit with other TFC supporters if possible.

pekduck
08-06-2011, 11:53 AM
^
as long as you wear TFC, they'll usher you to the TFC section anyway, i know people are going down from different SGs as well as general public, no idea about the number

Yohan
08-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Oh boy. Apparently todays ref had 9 games in charge, 6 red cards

pekduck
08-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Oh boy. Apparently todays ref had 9 games in charge, 6 red cards

USSF idiots...

Ron Manager
08-06-2011, 12:11 PM
^
as long as you wear TFC, they'll usher you to the TFC section anyway, i know people are going down from different SGs as well as general public, no idea about the number

Good to know. Thanks.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-06-2011, 12:50 PM
3-1 TFC

NO SHAKEN BAKE tonight!

Gazza
08-06-2011, 01:00 PM
come on boys, 3 points up for grabs!

For this one i think we should just throw Eckersley in the middle.

Have they been playing DeRo on the left at all?

Stryker
08-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Yesterdays interview with Eric Avila shows JDG hobbling around in the backround with an icebag on his left knee. Its pretty obvious by now that not only his game but his body is all busted up.

MarkoftheDrink
08-06-2011, 03:15 PM
DCU's lineup in their 2-0 win at SJ:

----------------------Hamid-----------------------
Kitchen-------Jakovic--------McDonald------Woolard
----------------------Simms----------------------
--------King--------------------------Pontius (White 88')
----------------------Najar----------------------
-Brettschnieder(DaLuz 73')-----DeRo(Barklage 83')-------

DeRo scored at 56' and 66'
Najar picked up a red card at 69'

(Gordon also picked up a yellow on a nasty striker's tackle at 37' and he was subbed at 73')

DeRo started abusing Nana in the second half.

When a ball was played out wide to DeRo, Nana came over to mark him and he had some help from another defender soon after. Another DCU player (Pontius?) supporting DeRo made a run down the sideline and then both SJE players marking DeRo decide to leave him and take the runner, leaving DeRo to get a dangerious strike on goal from the top corner of the 18 yard box.

Then a long ball from 5 years before the centre line is played up for DeRo and Nana falls over while turning around allowing DeRo to Shake 'n' Bake. 1-0.

Nana has another play with Pontius where he turns the wrong way and looks lost.

Annd finally DeRo finishes a lovely give and go off a low cross from Pontius that he placed, first time, in the top far corner. Classy. Where was Nana? Sitting in no-man's land waiting for Pontius to come into the 18 with 2 other SJ players inbetween.

So will DeRo do the same to Iro and/or Robinson? Anyone recall if DeRo played against Iro when we played the Crew in the past?

DeRo has 3 in 5 with DCU, and was MLS PotW last week.

The other thing to think about going into this game is DCU suuuucks at home (2-3-5), especially compaired to Portland who is (6-4-2).

My guess for their starting line up:

----------------------Hamid-----------------------
Kitchen-------Jakovic--------McDonald------Woolard
----------------------Simms----------------------
--------King--------------------------Pontius----
----------------------DeRo----------------------
-------------Wolff-----------Davies--------------

Controlling their left seems like the issue here. DeRo-Pontius-Davies could walk right through on the counter if we're stupid.

Should be an interesting game.

Let's go Reds!

Ps. Saw this on BS DCU:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcomet
"This game is going to be on CSN now."

What happened? Did the waning interest in Redskins practice drive a stake through the hearts of the programmers at CSN?

Thx,

Jay!

Good to see we're not alone, although their channel is now showing the game...

Ricky_Portugal
08-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Any word if we are holding a viewing at joes today

Jeff s
08-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Hope I see this:

-----------------------------Frei------------------------------
-Eckersley----------Henry----------Robinson--------Morgan-------
---------------------JDG---------Frings---------------------
--Peri----------------------------------------------Plata--
--------------------------------Johnson--------------
-------------------------Koevermans--------------------------

Iro is horrible. No Idea how Robinson is, but it can't get any worse than Iro or Harden. I also want to see Cordon on the bench at least. The kid deserves more minutes.

Azerban
08-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Any word if we are holding a viewing at joes today

yes, there are people there pretty much every game

DichioTFC
08-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Hope I see this:

-----------------------------Frei------------------------------
-Eckersley----------Henry----------Robinson--------Morgan-------
---------------------JDG---------Frings---------------------
--Peri----------------------------------------------Plata--
--------------------------------Johnson--------------
-------------------------Koevermans--------------------------

Iro is horrible. No Idea how Robinson is, but it can't get any worse than Iro or Harden. I also want to see Cordon on the bench at least. The kid deserves more minutes.

For what its worth, Cordon posted on fb last night that he was going to DC. Would love to see him as a second half sub.

QSIM
08-06-2011, 05:36 PM
#TorontoFC XI: Frei; Eckersley, Henry, Iro, Morgan; Dunfield, Avila, Frings; Plata, Koevermans, Johnson .. #TFC #MLS

Best starting XI in my eyes..

ManUtd4ever
08-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Agreed, that's our best starting lineup at the moment. Let's see how it measures up.

PopePouri
08-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Worried about Henry. He's still very raw.

Gazza
08-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Pleasantly surprised that Johnson is able to go. Ya, Henry worries me. At least he compliments Iro with a bit of foot speed.

DaBandit
08-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Worried about Henry. He's still very raw.

That's what I was thinking as well.. Great experience for him, but I would have rather seen Robinson in there.. Who knows maybe he is not fit yet to start, I'm sure winter know better then me anyways..

DOMIN8R
08-06-2011, 06:06 PM
DCU LINEUP: Hamid; Kitchen, Jakovic, McDonald, Woolard; Quaranta, Simms, King, Pontius; De Rosario, Wolff. Subs: Cronin, White, Burch, Barklage, da Luz, Brettschneider, Davies.

PopePouri
08-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Yeah Robinson would be my first choice and then Viator. At least it's not Harden. :)

DOMIN8R
08-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Dero as a Striker?

swan
08-06-2011, 06:12 PM
http://sports-billet.eu/channel1.html

showing the pre game

Gazza
08-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Yeah Robinson would be my first choice and then Viator. At least it's not Harden. :)

Do we know enough about Robinson yet? Not sold on Viator.

Greg
08-06-2011, 06:17 PM
http://sports-billet.eu/channel1.html

showing the pre game

Thanks!

Jeff s
08-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Don't see why everyone is concerned with Henry. IMO he's been great in everygame. Iro doesn't deserve playing time, he's been shockingly bad.

Gazza
08-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Don't see why everyone is concerned with Henry. IMO he's been great in everygame. Iro doesn't deserve playing time, he's been shockingly bad.

His decision making hasn't been the best. But he's still a kid. I'm not worried for the long term, but a little worried when he has Davies and DeRo running at him tonight.

Jeff s
08-06-2011, 06:23 PM
His decision making hasn't been the best. But he's still a kid. I'm not worried for the long term, but a little worried when he has Davies and DeRo running at him tonight.

I dunno, I guess I'm seeing something different. He's a solid player now. Iro attempts to many long passes that go no where and his defense reminds me of Harden. Just kinda find it weird how some people are more worried about Henry than Iro who managed to cause 2 consecutive pk's.

Pachuco
08-06-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm definately more worried about Iro then Henry. But Henry has been exposed this year and I wouldn't quite call him solid yet. Although he's got the potential to be. At this point neither one should be starting but hey, it's the guys on the bench aren't any better. This is definately where our weekness lies right now.

Gazza
08-06-2011, 06:26 PM
I dunno, I guess I'm seeing something different. He's a solid player now. Iro attempts to many long passes that go no where and his defense reminds me of Harden. Just kinda find it weird how some people are more worried about Henry than Iro who managed to cause 2 consecutive pk's.

Haha, comparing him to Harden and Iro he's fricken Maldini ;).

PopePouri
08-06-2011, 06:29 PM

Sabario dominated him badly in the RSL game. TBF, he's been fantastic in all others but tonight it's DeRo and Davis.

Soccerpro
08-06-2011, 06:31 PM

+1
Henry had a bad game away at RSL. He's 18 big deal. He's been great in every other game. He's got a ton of upside. We're not going to make the playoffs anyway, why not play him. It's not like any other defender we have in their mid to late 20's is actually going to improve. Plus Iro has sucked every single game he's played here.

Batman
08-06-2011, 06:36 PM
That's what I was thinking as well.. Great experience for him, but I would have rather seen Robinson in there.. Who knows maybe he is not fit yet to start, I'm sure winter know better then me anyways..

haha... it might be the first time anyone on these bards has ADMITTED that.