PDA

View Full Version : The Curse of Greg

AmherstNY_TFC
08-03-2011, 11:44 AM
I took my family to Walt Disney World in February. While we were down there, TFC was playing in a preseason tournament at the Disney Sports Complex.

My son Greg and I got tickets. After the match, we took his autograph book and a digital camera and got some pictures and autographs. Every TFC player he got an autograph from is not on the active roster anymore.

He got autographs from:

1) Cann (out for season with injury)
2) LaBrocca (Traded to Chivas USA)
3) DeRo (Traded to Red Bulls)
4) Maicon Santos (Traded to FC Dallas)

The only other autograph he has is Marco Velez (released later that season). He has his picture with Sam Cronin (traded to San Jose) from a couple of seasons ago.

Coincidence? If not, any requests?

London
08-03-2011, 11:52 AM
so this was feb 2010 then.

ManUtd4ever
08-03-2011, 11:56 AM
I would have thought there might be something to the notion of a curse if not for the fact that the rest of the players have also been traded since then...;)

Just in case though, have Greg get an autograph from Harden and Sturgis.

Carts
08-03-2011, 12:50 PM
I took my family to Walt Disney World in February. While we were down there, TFC was playing in a preseason tournament at the Disney Sports Complex.

My son Greg and I got tickets. After the match, we took his autograph book and a digital camera and got some pictures and autographs. Every TFC player he got an autograph from is not on the active roster anymore.

He got autographs from:

The only other autograph he has is Marco Velez (released later that season). He has his picture with Sam Cronin (traded to San Jose) from a couple of seasons ago.

Look on the bright side - if you were truly cursed, based on your board name, we would have traded YOU to the Red Bulls... :D

Roogsy
08-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Between Greg, Armen and Steph I think TFC fans can ship out pretty much anyone we put our minds to!

I need to get on their better sides or I may find myself in Nunavut.

MartinUtd
08-03-2011, 12:53 PM
I thought this thread would be about Greg Sutton being shit.

pekduck
08-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Between Greg, Armen and Steph I think TFC fans can ship out pretty much anyone we put our minds to!

X Men - First Class in the making? :D

I stopped putting player names on my jersey after season 2... served me well so far, lol

TFCRegina
08-03-2011, 01:03 PM

He got autographs from:

I hear JDG is looking to have a picture taken with a strapping young fan. He'll autograph the photo too!

TOBOR !
08-03-2011, 01:09 PM
I thought this thread would be about Greg Sutton being shit.

Nah - there's already loads of those.

Mark in Ottawa
08-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Is this related to the TFC curse of the # 4??
Every player who has ever worn # 4 seems to plummet into "disdain from the supporters" territory. Remember Velez, Garcia ...

Oblio2
08-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Please go down and actively seek out JDG for an autograph

RedRum
08-05-2011, 02:01 PM
That's nuthin'. I gave Cunny the kiss of death talking to him at the hotel in Chicago the day after our game there. I believe he was traded the next day :D

TFCtoMUFC
08-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Is this related to the TFC curse of the # 4??
Every player who has ever worn # 4 seems to plummet into "disdain from the supporters" territory. Remember Velez, Garcia ...

#10 is the same. Ricketts, Gerba, Mista, Stevanovic....

FootieChick
08-05-2011, 02:20 PM

We know how I feel... I'm not a happy camper... I must make new friends!

__wowza
08-05-2011, 03:21 PM
fuck that, how do you think i feel, i went to the kickoff party at dundas and got the autograph of every player there!! (including a training session after to snag attakora and JDG).

what i now have is 12 people ruining my scarf.

ManUtd4ever
08-05-2011, 03:41 PM
LOL, I have a jersey autographed by Dichio and DeRo from the Miracle in Montreal rally. Oh well, shit happens. I have a feeling that some of our current core players will be around for a while.

TFCtoMUFC
08-05-2011, 04:16 PM
LOL, I have a jersey autographed by Dichio and DeRo from the Miracle in Montreal rally. Oh well, shit happens. I have a feeling that some of our current core players will be around for a while.

Remember when we lost 5-0 on the last day of the season and said our roster needed 1 or 2 changes and we were set? Yeah, our core was sticking around for a while....

ManUtd4ever
08-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Remember when we lost 5-0 on the last day of the season and said our roster needed 1 or 2 changes and we were set? Yeah, our core was sticking around for a while....

The difference is, the 5-0 loss to NY preceded Cummin's dismissal. Soon thereafter, Preki was hired, he dismantled that core, and rebuilt the team for the following season in accordance with his preferential style of play.

The massive player personnel changes that have taken place within the organization thus far in 2011 have occured in the latter stages of the season, in an attempt to build a solid core for next season. If current regime is still in place in 2012, it's safe to assume that the nucleus of the current roster will remain intact next season, to build on the foundation that has recently been put in place.

MartinUtd
08-05-2011, 05:26 PM
fuck that, how do you think i feel, i went to the kickoff party at dundas and got the autograph of every player there!! (including a training session after to snag attakora and JDG).

what i now have is 12 people ruining my scarf.

LOL.. seriously made me laugh

torfchamilton
08-06-2011, 11:48 AM
My son's have rec'd signed jerseys from Rohan Rickets, Nana Attakora, Tony Tchani and Danleigh Borman. Borman is the only one left.

TFC07
08-06-2011, 11:52 AM
My son's have rec'd signed jerseys from Rohan Rickets, Nana Attakora, Tony Tchani and Danleigh Borman. Borman is the only one left.

Borman will probably be gone by end of this season. Morgan is going to be his replacement.