PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Pricing for the next CCL stage

Pages : [1] 2

mastermixer
08-03-2011, 10:18 AM
So we get an extra three games at home this season. How do you think the suits will market these games. Will we see the same pricing structure as the qualifier or will they jack it up a little? Will they make us buy the whole 3 game package at once? I really would like to see a full house to these games to help our boys get past this round for the first time in history. :scarf:

jabbronies
08-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Will defiantly be a 3 game package - that just makes sense IMO.

As for Price - well... If they want people in the stands, it should be a 1 price package deal for all 3 games

Yellow - $40
LGray - $42
MGrey - $54
L Blue - $64
D Grey - $74
D Blue - $78
Red - $90
Club - $110

Yohan
08-03-2011, 10:26 AM
if the FO doesn't want to be dum dums, and take the RE game as a reminder of how they failed at pricing, they would come up with special rates or something.

well, us supporters being dum dums will probably end up buying tickets at regular price but eh.

flatpicker
08-03-2011, 10:27 AM
My bet is that they make us commit to all three games.

Which makes sense from a business perspective, because the 3rd game attendance is really dependent on the results of the previous games.

flatpicker
08-03-2011, 10:28 AM
I would really like to see them do the right thing... for once.
Make the ticket prices much cheaper than normal,
Get more fans in the seats,
Sell more concessions.

mdc 77
08-03-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm guessing same price as the Real Esteli match but you must buy all 3 matches. Single tickets will be available later but at a slightly higher cost. Can't see it being done any different.

mastermixer
08-03-2011, 10:31 AM

As for Price - well... If they want people in the stands, it should be a 1 price package deal for all 3 games

Yellow - $40
LGray - $42
MGrey - $54
L Blue - $64
D Grey - $74
D Blue - $78
Red - $90
Club - $110

I hope those prices are for all three games combined...

menefreghista
08-03-2011, 10:33 AM
My guess is the same price as the Real Esteli game. They will sell it as a 3-game package.

But if you call your rep you can get individual games at the same price.

They want to hold the value of their tickets. They won't go lower than the Esteli pricing. They would rather have 10,000 in the stands at those prices than 15,000+ at lower prices.

ensco
08-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Given what a three game streak, against a truly bad team and an expansion team, seems to do to the mood in these parts....

If they're smart they'll gas up the choppers on the 2012 SSH campaign right now.

They may use these CCL games as a loss leader, ie commit to 2012 renewals, and you get some of these games (say the first two) for free.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-03-2011, 10:37 AM
I would really like to see them do the right thing... for once.
Make the ticket prices much cheaper than normal,
Get more fans in the seats,
Sell more concessions.

you and me both, they really fucked up the qualifiers and i hope they realized it. they can get more of the same or do alot better. These are games they might not have had anyways.

mastermixer
08-03-2011, 10:39 AM
My guess is the same price as the Real Esteli game. They will sell it as a 3-game package.

But if you call your rep you can get individual games at the same price.

They want to hold the value of their tickets. They won't go lower than the Esteli pricing. They would rather have 10,000 in the stands at those prices than 15,000+ at lower prices.

The value of their tickets is about 10000 asses in the seats at this point. You would hope they realize if they cut the price in half they can get a full house and kill on the concessions.

menefreghista
08-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Given what a three game streak, against a truly bad team and an expansion team, seems to do to the mood in these parts....

If they're smart they'll gas up the choppers on the 2012 SSH campaign right now.

They may use these CCL games as a loss leader, ie commit to 2012 renewals, and you get some of these games (say the first two) for free.

This is a great idea. But I don't think they have enough time to put this together as the first CCL game is just a few weeks away. They are consistently slow at getting ticket info out. They should have the Group Stage ticket info out now.

KGH
08-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Given what a three game streak against a truly bad team and an expansion team, seems to do to the mood in these parts....if they're smart they'll gas up the choppers on the 2012 SSH campaign right now.

Hahahahahaha...wishfull thinking. FO caring about the SSH base?

These tickets will be a 3 ticket package at the same or slightly more than the RE game. These games are all bottom line gravy and I doubt they're willing to discount to pack the house. Plus they're all going to be wed night matches so expect turnouts to be similar to the RE game.

menefreghista
08-03-2011, 10:41 AM
The value of their tickets is about 10000 asses in the seats at this point. You would hope they realize if they cut the price in half they can get a full house and kill on the concessions.

The thing is they could lower the prices and most likely the attendance numbers don't change dramatically.

They are banking on winning bringing fans back. I think it will take a lot more than that.

ensco
08-03-2011, 10:42 AM

They realize that. They realize the far more important truth that the possibility of filling BMO at higher prices down the road is worth far more (100x? 1000x?) than the few thousand dollars of extra nachos and beer that they would sell.

ensco
08-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Hahahahahaha...wishfull thinking. FO caring about the SSH base?

These tickets will be a 3 ticket package at the same or slightly more than the RE game. These games are all bottom line gravy and I doubt they're willing to discount to pack the house. Plus they're all going to be wed night matches so expect turnouts to be similar to the RE game.

Did you even read my post?

mdc 77
08-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Plus they're all going to be wed night matches so expect turnouts to be similar to the RE game.

Nah I think we are looking at at least 15,000 people for the group stage, at least if the matches still mean a chance to move on.

mclaren
08-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Sorry folks, but I think some of you are being waaaay too optimistic in terms of what this means to regular fans. I really don't think they care about CCL very much and unless the pricing is about $15 for all tickets, the attendance will be meek. People are pissed off about this crappy season, pissed off at the FO, and care much more about making the play-offs (which we've missed this year).

A lot of them are also probably regretting renewing season tickets this year, so I can't see them splashing out for more games at $40 or so in the CCL.

mastermixer
08-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Plus, commiting to three games at the RE prices is a HUGE chunk of change. My tickets were around $60 per seat. So I would have to invest $360 for a pair? That's a big commitment for a "rebuilding" TFC i have already invested over $2000 for.

mdc 77
08-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Sorry folks, but I think you're all being waaaay too optimistic in terms of what this means to regular fans. I really don't think they care about CCL very much and unless the pricing is about $15 for all tickets, the attendance will be meek. People are pissed off about this crappy season, pissed off at the FO, and care much more about making the play-offs (which we've missed this year).

A lot of them are also probably regretting renewing season tickets this year, so I can't see them splashing out for more games at $40 or so in the CCL.

Sounds like last year.

Last year the matches were attended well until we had no chance of moving past the group stage.

backbeat
08-03-2011, 10:46 AM
turn out will be far less than the RE game if they don't come up with an attractive discount for the 3 game package.

I was one of the 10,000 at the RE game and I will not buy the 3 game package this time if it is at the same price as the RE game - i'll watch them on TV.

menefreghista
08-03-2011, 10:47 AM
By the way, is the schedule out yet? Does TFC know which dates will be its home games?

Roogsy
08-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Toronto will play away to Tauro F.C. to begin the Champions League group stage on August 18. They'll be at BMO Field for their first home game of the next round against either Dallas or Alianza on August 24.

According to the TFC website.

mclaren
08-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Sounds like last year.

Last year the matches were attended well until we had no chance of moving past the group stage.

I think last year was different - people still had a little faith then in the FO. The price hike last year took the biscuit. I didn't renew for one.

mdc 77
08-03-2011, 10:51 AM
I have always been critical of the pricing of TFC tickets but the prices for the Real Esteli match were OK. They were cheaper (slightly) than our regular tickets. If these are the same, then unless you just cannot afford to go financially how can you say no?

If you are more than a casual fan of TFC then isn't this freakin fantastic? CONCACAF Champs league group stage, pretty good stuff and great stuff in a season where things haven't gone very well. If it cost me $60 for 3 matches then I don't have a problem with that.

menefreghista
08-03-2011, 10:51 AM
According to the TFC website.

Thanks. So that gives them about 3 weeks to sell a 3 game package.

As far as I can find the other matches aren't set yet.

GhostKiller
08-03-2011, 10:56 AM
The fact that most of BMO was closed down during the RE game is kinda scary. It was like they were willingly anticipating a low turnout (by their own fault) and were ok keeping most the concession stands closed. My fear is that MLSE is not going to try and market TFC to be anything more then what field results dictate. Like why not at least try and pack the house? Are they that lazy that they rather keep the stadium half closed and 2/3 empty? Or are they that stupid that they think people will pay their fucktarded price to see a game they don't understand the significance of because MLSE have done fuck all in marketing?

Which is it MLSE? Are you lazy or stupid?

MartinUtd
08-03-2011, 10:58 AM

Yellow - $40
LGray - $42
MGrey - $54
L Blue - $64
D Grey - $74
D Blue - $78
Red - $90
Club - $110

Isn't this the premium price structure? They should at least give us basic rates. I think my light gray's are going for $29 or something like that.

PopePouri
08-03-2011, 10:59 AM
you and me both, they really fucked up the qualifiers and i hope they realized it.

Nope. More excuses about not having enough time to sell tickets.

Pookie
08-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Or are they that stupid that they think people will pay their fucktarded price to see a game they don't understand the significance of because MLSE have done fuck all in marketing?

I'll take you to task on that comment.

If the people don't understand the significance of a game involving a team they supposedly support, I'm not sure that the "fucktard" label belongs on MLSE in that case.

Oldtimer
08-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Based on what we've seen so far, they will probably try to sell these tickets at full price, with a small SSH discount.

Then, a few days before the match, they'll dump the remainder on Groupon or equivalent at 50% off.

It might be smart to wait.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Nope. More excuses about not having enough time to sell tickets.

so they over price them?

ManUtd4ever
08-03-2011, 11:04 AM

I like it.

mastermixer
08-03-2011, 11:07 AM
The fact that most of BMO was closed down during the RE game is kinda scary. It was like they were willingly anticipating a low turnout (by their own fault) and were ok keeping most the concession stands closed. My fear is that MLSE is not going to try and market TFC to be anything more then what field results dictate. Like why not at least try and pack the house? Are they that lazy that they rather keep the stadium half closed and 2/3 empty? Or are they that stupid that they think people will pay their fucktarded price to see a game they don't understand the significance of because MLSE have done fuck all in marketing?

Which is it MLSE? Are you lazy or stupid?

It was kinda sad to see most of the concessions closed. It felt like I was watching a CSL game.

Carts
08-03-2011, 11:09 AM
This is a tough one - what do you do...

Go for a 3-pack to ensure attendance in game-3, you really risk a lot of us saying 'no thanks'...

Go game-by-game and you risk game-1 being empty...

Going game-by-game has the advantage of 'raising the price' as the competition moves on, or, lowering it if the game is meaningless and spinning a PR angle (even a final game freebie to SSH if the game is really nothing)...

This is one of those "damned if you do - damned if you don't" for the business guys at MLSE...

You can't completely slash the prices - it can kill the value of your tickets in the future... You can't raise them up too high (or at all right now!) as you'll alienate yourself from those bringing in the $$$...

Although we'll all say "...cut prices!!! its easy..." this is a tough spot for the money guys at MLSE/TFC...

Stryker
08-03-2011, 11:10 AM
I have complete faith that MLSE will completely fuck this up.
Expect an half empty stadium.

ManUtd4ever
08-03-2011, 11:11 AM
I have always been critical of the pricing of TFC tickets but the prices for the Real Esteli match were OK. They were cheaper (slightly) than our regular tickets. If these are the same, then unless you just cannot afford to go financially how can you say no?

If you are more than a casual fan of TFC then isn't this freakin fantastic? CONCACAF Champs league group stage, pretty good stuff and great stuff in a season where things haven't gone very well. If it cost me $60 for 3 matches then I don't have a problem with that.

I agree, and I'll buy all 3 CCL matches regardless because I have a similar price point in my section. It's the pricing outside the supporters sections that is excessive, and those supporters have every right to be upset if TFC doesn't address that situation.

__wowza
08-03-2011, 11:13 AM
they need to go with the movie theatre model. theatres dont make money off of selling tickets, most of the ticket sales go directly back to the production company, what they end up making a fuckton of money on however, is concessions.

you keep the prices low enough to draw a HUGE turnout, you can make money off of parking/concessions/merch/etc. im sure they know this, but MLSE doesnt have too many teams that theyre struggling to fill stadiums for, so they may not have ever had to apply it.

Pookie
08-03-2011, 11:15 AM
If the renewal machine is ready to rock, offering a discount along the lines of ensco's suggestion helps address the issues in McCartney's post as well.

It is tough to lower the face value of your ticket as it impacts future sales. At the same time, it is clear that pricing and demand are out of whack if the attendance is 9,000.

You either stimulate demand or alter pricing to increase volumes. I don't think a marketing campaign for the CCL is coming so we are left with pricing.

If you parlayed a discount off face value into an early renewal "discount", I think you've got something that works for all sides.

rocker
08-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Is price really the only factor though? Some people are suggesting if they halve the prices they'll get double the attendance -- i don't think it's that simple.

I mean, I'm not sure they'd sell out a weeknight game if the prices were $15 a seat. The perception of the team isn't that hot right now in the general public due to the lack of success. If this was 2007, it'd be a different story. I just don't think it's as simple as "lower prices significantly and you'll have a packed house." That assumes that the key or only factor in one's decision to come out is price.

Even on weeknight games included in the season ticket package, we've often NOT had sellouts -- going all the way back to 2007.

Section 117
08-03-2011, 11:22 AM
IF people don't want to go don't go....

If the cost of it being between $17-20 a ticket in the southend and that upsets you I am not sure how much they will take off to appease you.

If your tickets are in $60-90 then I can see the reason to be upset.

BUT IMO the supporters section at cost of $17-20 a ticket our price isn't that bad.

Carts
08-03-2011, 11:23 AM
If the renewal machine is ready to rock, offering a discount along the lines of ensco's suggestion helps address the issues in McCartney's post as well.

It is tough to lower the face value of your ticket as it impacts future sales. At the same time, it is clear that pricing and demand are out of whack if the attendance is 9,000.

You either stimulate demand or alter pricing to increase volumes. I don't think a marketing campaign for the CCL is coming so we are left with pricing.

If you parlayed a discount off face value into an early renewal "discount", I think you've got something that works for all sides.

Agreed...

And to be honest, if I was offered say a 3-for-6 discount (3-games - pair of each game so 50%) as a 'renewal commitment initiative' I would be very happy with that...

Or something similar...

If "the renewal machine" (love that term Pookie!) is ready, jump at this chance to: raise attendance by a large margin for CCL, have much earlier renewals, gain goodwill with your clients...

Carts...

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-03-2011, 11:33 AM
The FO got all sorts of back slapping for being marketing geniuses, let's hope they pass this test and realize what they did for the qualifier didn't work. Either a cheap price for all three games, or something crazy like general admission with dirt cheap prices.

Also maybe some advertising somewhere other than the TFC website. Couple of years back Pacuhca had at least one of there CCL group games as free.

ManUtd4ever
08-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Based on what we've seen so far, they will probably try to sell these tickets at full price, with a small SSH discount.

Then, a few days before the match, they'll dump the remainder on Groupon or equivalent at 50% off.

I think this is the worst possible strategy, as it will ensure terrible attendance, and it will infuriate the supporters that bought the tickets initially.

GhostKiller
08-03-2011, 11:39 AM

If the people don't understand the significance of a game involving a team they supposedly support, I'm not sure that the "fucktard" label belongs on MLSE in that case.

Its more for the casual fan who doesn't follow TFC regularly. Those are the ones who were missing from the RE game.

Pachuco
08-03-2011, 11:42 AM

Give me a break. Do you ACTUALLY think that BMO seats 20,000 supporters? christ the supporters probably don't make up 20% of the stadium. You can call them fucktards all you want but without their donations to MLSE every season there wouldn't be a team. Keeping those fans coming to this stadium is just as important (if not more important because there is alot more of them) then it is to keep the hard core supporters coming to the stadium.

Pachuco
08-03-2011, 11:45 AM
I predict that I won't be happy with the prices, and since these games will be played during the week I have no motivation to buy these tickets and go to the game.

I like Ensco's idea to try and package these with next year's seasons, unfortunately for me it's not enough to buy tickets to these games and to renew my seasons next year.

Suds
08-03-2011, 11:45 AM
I'd be surprised if the pricing and package structure decisions were not made a quite a while ago. These types of decisions are already factored into this years budget for running the team. They might tweak a few things, but I would not hold out hope for any radical changes from what we have seen in the past.

CCL game are like playoffs. It's gravy for them. They do not need to slash prices to keep things profitable and I doubt they will. That said, I would gladly be wrong in this case.

kodiakTFC
08-03-2011, 11:46 AM
I'll only be able to make the first home match before I leave for school so I'll probably just pick some up off of some supporters who can't go.

Any word on TV coverage yet?

Nuvinho
08-03-2011, 11:47 AM
You sell me my dark greys for $15 to $20, I am there. You sell me my dark greys at $50 to $60.....I rather buy game by game off groupon or some other site. I already forked over close to $5K on my 6 tickets this year - can't fork over another $600 for all my tickets to these 3 games.

btw, I wasn't at the RE game before I was boycotting the high price they charged for my seat - I guess I am a casual fan as someone put it.

ManUtd4ever
08-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Give me a break. Do you ACTUALLY think that BMO seats 20,000 supporters? christ the supporters probably don't make up 20% of the stadium. You can call them fucktards all you want but without their donations to MLSE every season there wouldn't be a team. Keeping those fans coming to this stadium is just as important (if not more important because there is alot more of them) then it is to keep the hard core supporters coming to the stadium.

I have to agree, and for the most part, the casual fans sit in the most expensive sections. The pricing issue needs to be addressed or the CCL matches will feature a rocking South End with the rest of the stadium half empty.

mastermixer
08-03-2011, 11:48 AM
I'd be surprised if the pricing and package structure decisions were not made a quite a while ago. These types of decisions are already factored into this years budget for running the team. They might tweak a few things, but I would not hold out hope for any radical changes from what we have seen in the past.

CCL game are like playoffs. It's gravy for them. They do not need to slash prices to keep things profitable and I doubt they will. That said, I would gladly be wrong in this case.

But I don't wanna be MLSE's gravy :facepalm: I just wanna support my football team.

Pookie
08-03-2011, 11:50 AM

Supporting a team and being a "supporter" are different. In any event my point was simply that it isn't MLSE's job to explain CONCACAF to soccer fans any more than it is the CSA's job to explain what World Cup Qualifying is about.

Sure they can promote it but it falls to the individual fan to educate themselves which really shouldn't be a problem if they love the team and/or the game. As fans (or supporters) we have a responsibility to learn about the significance of games involving our team.

jabbronies
08-03-2011, 11:52 AM

Yellow - $40
LGray - $42
MGrey - $54
L Blue - $64
D Grey - $74
D Blue - $78
Red - $90
Club - $110

I hope those prices are for all three games combined...

Isn't this the premium price structure? They should at least give us basic rates. I think my light gray's are going for $29 or something like that.

I was thinking this should be the price to purchase all 3 games.

DangerRed
08-03-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm hugely surprised at the amount of debate that this is generating. It's funny how quickly folks forget the evidence of just one year ago.

These group games are total and complete gravy to MLSE. They know they're also on Wednesdays and they know that most fans don't care. Those two factors change the pricing "sweet spot" (ie how much to charge to maximize revenue against the expected attendance).

For the sake of illustration, say they know attendance will max out at 10,000. They can charge $10 per seat on average in hopes of bumping that out to 11,000, or they can do it at $20 average and know that'll cut the attendance to 7,000.

You can see which scenario makes more money.

So, expect pricing in line with RE. It'd be silly for MLSE to do anything else.

Suds
08-03-2011, 11:54 AM
But I don't wanna be MLSE's gravy :facepalm: I just wanna support my football team.

It could be worse. We could be Rob Ford's gravy. :D

jabbronies
08-03-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm hugely surprised at the amount of debate that this is generating. It's funny how quickly folks forget the evidence of just one year ago.

These group games are total and complete gravy to MLSE. They know they're also on Wednesdays and they know that most fans don't care. Those two factors change the pricing "sweet spot" (ie how much to charge to maximize revenue against the expected attendance).

For the sake of illustration, say they know attendance will max out at 10,000. They can charge $10 per seat on average in hopes of bumping that out to 11,000, or they can do it at $20 average and know that'll cut the attendance to 7,000.

You can see which scenario makes more money.

So, expect pricing in line with RE. It'd be silly for MLSE to do anything else.

I guess it comes down to this : Are they ballsy enough and care enough about the atmosphere to drop prices in order to pack the place and bring people back into the stadium? Cut it as a marketing lose.

Fort York Redcoat
08-03-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm fine with the pricing if it stays at the Prelim-Qua number. I'm fine with it in the middle of the week. Bring it on. Can't wait.

GhostKiller
08-03-2011, 11:57 AM
btw, I wasn't at the RE game before I was boycotting the high price they charged for my seat - I guess I am a casual fan as someone put it.

Taken out of context. I meant the casual fan. Not the supporter who decided not to go. Also, there is nothing wrong with casual fans.

menefreghista
08-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Any word on TV coverage yet?

Sportsnet has the rights to the CCL.

So it looks like we are going to have to struggle with more of the same bullshit from the Real Esteli series.

Who new somebody could make Gol TV look so good?

Pookie
08-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Hold up the trains folks.

My memory isn't so good but doesn't this piece imply that we get 2 CONCACAF Champions League games included in our season ticket package?

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/09/tickets-2011-v-2010

menefreghista
08-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Hold up the trains folks.

My memory isn't so good but doesn't this piece imply that we get 2 CONCACAF Champions League games included in our season ticket package?

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/09/tickets-2011-v-2010

No. That was the original season ticket package. The one that was $433 for the south end.

The final ticket package ended up being all MLS Regular season games, 2 NCC games and 1 MLS Cup ticket. For a cost of $376.

GhostKiller
08-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Supporting a team and being a "supporter" are different. In any event my point was simply that it isn't MLSE's job to explain CONCACAF to soccer fans any more than it is the CSA's job to explain what World Cup Qualifying is about.

Sure they can promote it but it falls to the individual fan to educate themselves which really shouldn't be a problem if they love the team and/or the game. As fans (or supporters) we have a responsibility to learn about the significance of games involving our team.

Dude, we are not debating that. Your right that the regular TFC follower should know their shit.

But this whole TFC thing is in its 5th year and its understandable that 95% of the GTA does not know/understand CONCACAF. Its totally up to MLSE as owners of TFC to promote the Champions League.

Get some hot fucking girls out to the sports bars selling cheap tickets. Get Jimmy B to draw some more shitty cartoons and put them on CBC or CTV. MLSE need to pack the house because its their job, not ours.

Pookie
08-03-2011, 12:10 PM
ah those are the games they took out. Gotta watch that memory thing.

London
08-03-2011, 12:10 PM
how about $4 or $8 for each game???

that is what real did last night

DangerRed
08-03-2011, 12:14 PM
I guess it comes down to this : Are they ballsy enough and care enough about the atmosphere to drop prices in order to pack the place and bring people back into the stadium? Cut it as a marketing lose.

No, they're not "ballsy enough." If they were, and cared about only the atmosphere, then they'd do a fan-appreciation day for one of these games and give tickets away for free. That's how you'd pack the place and bring people back, and it's a huge goodwill gesture.

But I appreciate sincerely that they can't, and wouldn't want to, do that.

Remember when LA trounced the Sounders 4-0 at home and the Sounders FO said all tickets would be refunded as a result? Do you ever see this FO taking that approach?

Our FO thinks that if they do a meaningless town hall and "freeze" already exorbitantly high prices for a year, they can go back to talking about supply and demand. It's cold, hard business.

Thing about it is, if they keep making these decisions, they'll have a lot more supply and a lot less demand to talk about soon.

Oldtimer
08-03-2011, 12:21 PM

It might be smart to wait.

I think this is the worst possible strategy, as it will ensure terrible attendance, and it will infuriate the supporters that bought the tickets initially.

That's why I expect them to do this. They've actually been doing something like this for some matches throughout the MLS season. They are really lost when it comes to building a loyal fanbase. After all, the Leafs come with a built-in base already.

jabbronies
08-03-2011, 12:22 PM
No, they're not "ballsy enough." If they were, and cared about only the atmosphere, then they'd do a fan-appreciation day for one of these games and give tickets away for free. That's how you'd pack the place and bring people back, and it's a huge goodwill gesture.

But I appreciate sincerely that they can't, and wouldn't want to, do that.

Remember when LA trounced the Sounders 4-0 at home and the Sounders FO said all tickets would be refunded as a result? Do you ever see this FO taking that approach?

Our FO thinks that if they do a meaningless town hall and "freeze" already exorbitantly high prices for a year, they can go back to talking about supply and demand. It's cold, hard business.

Thing about it is, if they keep making these decisions, they'll have a lot more supply and a lot less demand to talk about soon.

I think this is what people are hoping for. I know I am, but doubt they'll do it: For the FO to take approach of - "Hey, sorry for the shitty season so far, continue to have faith in us, here's a token gesture for taking your money this year and giving you "shit on a stick" to watch."

mdc 77
08-03-2011, 12:27 PM

That would be fantastic but I'm going to guess that the average per captia income is well under $1000 in Nicaragua and its something over $30,000 here in Canada.

Carts
08-03-2011, 12:28 PM

What if, based on Gross Domestic Product and Credit Wealth of the Country, used to equate that price to Toronto, Canada it turned into $95 & $190...

Would ya still want it...???

DangerRed
08-03-2011, 12:29 PM
I think this is what people are hoping for. I know I am, but doubt they'll do it: For the FO to take approach of - "Hey, sorry for the shitty season so far, continue to have faith in us, here's a token gesture for taking your money this year and giving you "shit on a stick" to watch."

Exactly what I'm saying -- I know that past behavior is not always an indicator of the future, but it's definitely a helpful context giver.

It's VERY clear that MLSE won't do it, but I'm shocked how many people on here are still debating the issue.

Carts
08-03-2011, 12:30 PM

Shit! You had me excited there for a second! LOL :(

ManUtd4ever
I understand the economics behind the decisions that have been made in the past, but if MLSE wants to promote the CCL matches, the pricing is key in light of declining interest in the team and the general sense of apathy towards the CCL that unfortunately exists among most TFC fans.

If for example, a casual fan decided to give the CCL a try by attending the Real Esteli match at BMO Field or watching it on television/online, the image of an empty stadium does not exactly inspire interest in the tournament. Since the CCL preliminary round and group stage matches are gravy for MLSE, it would serve them well to offer promotions for the sole purposes of filling the stadium and building good will among the fan base, as other MLS clubs have done recently.

mdc 77
Reading this thread, If I didn't know any better I would think TFC averaged no more than 5,000 people at its matches.

menefreghista
08-03-2011, 12:32 PM

No worries.

If that original package had remained we would have had ticket to the Esteli game and wouldn't have had to purchase them separately. We also would have had a ticket to the first Group Stage game.

I do enjoy that link though. I wonder how much time was spent slapping that comparison together on Excel? 1 minute? TFC FO marketing department at its finest.

DangerRed
08-03-2011, 12:35 PM

Oh yes, real good.

The average Nicaraguan makes $1,071 a year and the country is the second poorest in the Western hemisphere. The average Canadian's income is $39,300.

$4 of 1071 = 0.37 percent.

0.37 percent of $39,300 = $145 (how much you'd have to pay for your ticket as a Canadian to reflect the proportionate cost to a Nicaraguan)

You still think the Nicaraguans get a great deal in terms of purchasing power at those prices?

brad
08-03-2011, 12:35 PM
As much as some sort of loyalty would be nice from MLSE, I imagine the decisions will be purely financial. As such, I think the two questions are:

1: Do they think they will make more money with a slightly lower price point through increased ticket sales and higher concession sales with more people attending.
2: If yes to 1, are they concerned that temporarily lowering he price will set a bad precedent for future games (IE fans expecting cheaper tickets). If so, it may be better for them in the long term to take a loss on these games.

brad
08-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Reading this thread, If I didn't know any better I would think TFC averaged no more than 5,000 people at its matches.

Big difference between having most of your stadium sold as season tickets and convincing the same people to pay extra money for more games in a tournament they know nothing about.

Especially in light of the current apathy towards the team that a large number of those STH's have.

London
08-03-2011, 12:37 PM
What if, based on Gross Domestic Product and Credit Wealth of the Country, used to equate that price to Toronto, Canada it turned into $95 & $190...

Would ya still want it...???

if i could use my current salary of $ 0 as the number to use, then yes.

i understand the economics of it but, the reason the tickets were priced like that was to fill the stadium

dupont
08-03-2011, 12:40 PM
C'mon TFC head office:

http://course1.winona.edu/pjohnson/images/thing3.jpg

grizzle
08-03-2011, 12:51 PM
How does the FO expect fans to take their pricing seriously when they put backup and academy players for these games yet continue to charge premium prices. Only way I will go is if I am paying about $20/ticket, otherwise I'll watch in a bar and use that as beer money. Being there is much more fun when the stadium is packed.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-03-2011, 12:53 PM
i think thats the consensus for fans (not just supporters)

rocker
08-03-2011, 12:53 PM
I understand the economics behind the decisions that have been made in the past, but if MLSE wants to promote the CCL matches, the pricing is key in light of declining interest in the team and the general sense of apathy towards the CCL that unfortunately exists among most TFC fans.

If for example, a casual fan decided to give the CCL a try by attending the Real Esteli match at BMO Field or watching it on television/online, the image of an empty stadium does not exactly inspire interest in the tournament. Since the CCL preliminary round and group stage matches are gravy for MLSE, it would serve them well to offer promotions for the sole purposes of filling the stadium and building good will among the fan base, as other MLS clubs have done recently.

But does the "sense of apathy" come from ticket prices? I'm not as confident as some people seem to be that lowering prices will pack the joint or make people feel less apathetic and come out.

The good will issue is true, but then again, good will is an issue with people who already buy tickets, not with new fans. New fans, people who probably don't follow TFC or don't follow closely, don't have a good will issue. I'm not even sure they have a price issue -- if they don't know much about TFC they may not have even considered buying tickets before.

One thing Paul Beeston said about the Jays, is they don't like to "devalue" the game. In theory (not my theory, his) Having $5 tickets suggests to the new people that baseball is "worth" $5. (just as an aside, I've found it hard to give my tickets away to my own brother for free.... price doesn't come into his equation -- he just says they suck, it's a waste of time to go the game). Beeston's solution to low attendance is "play better" and market better.

That ties in with my main point, which is that if TFC didn't suck shit so much, prices probably wouldn't be an issue for the current ticket holders or people who are apathetic and who would be best affected by good will gestures. So Paul Beeston would probably say to TFC "get your team out of the basement, and people will pay current prices to see better quality soccer."

redcard
08-03-2011, 01:15 PM
guys its great discussing the possibilities on the board...but if wanna get some hope for having a reasonable price for these games, then call you account manager and let them know your concerns before the put out the package...the more that voice their concerns may force the FO to listen and react...

ManUtd4ever
08-03-2011, 01:42 PM
But does the "sense of apathy" come from ticket prices? I'm not as confident as some people seem to be that lowering prices will pack the joint or make people feel less apathetic and come out.

The good will issue is true, but then again, good will is an issue with people who already buy tickets, not with new fans. New fans, people who probably don't follow TFC or don't follow closely, don't have a good will issue. I'm not even sure they have a price issue -- if they don't know much about TFC they may not have even considered buying tickets before.

One thing Paul Beeston said about the Jays, is they don't like to "devalue" the game. In theory (not my theory, his) Having $5 tickets suggests to the new people that baseball is "worth" $5. (just as an aside, I've found it hard to give my tickets away to my own brother for free.... price doesn't come into his equation -- he just says they suck, it's a waste of time to go the game). Beeston's solution to low attendance is "play better" and market better.

That ties in with my main point, which is that if TFC didn't suck shit so much, prices probably wouldn't be an issue for the current ticket holders or people who are apathetic and who would be best affected by good will gestures. So Paul Beeston would probably say to TFC "get your team out of the basement, and people will pay current prices to see better quality soccer."

I agree that ticket prices have not caused fan apathy. The team's performance is the primary culprit. Nonetheless, the continuous price increases over the last 4 years combined with the abysmal results has done nothing but infuriate the semblence of season ticket holders that remain.

I don't think an appropriate CCL ticket promotion will necessarily sell out BMO Field, but it should increase attendance by 10%-20%, and appease the supporters that were intent on buying tickets in the first place, both of which would be steps in the right direction.

As for ticket price increases if the club is eventually successful in the regular season, I pray that MLSE does not pursue that avenue, or they will realize first hand what most of us already know; that the majority of Toronto fans outside of the reasonably priced supporter sections will not be duped into paying exorbitant prices relative to other MLS and top tier European markets, regardless of the club's performance on the pitch.

TOBOR !
08-03-2011, 01:55 PM
I remember how it went down last season. I'm pretty sure the 3 game price point, along with the team's form and structure at the time is what led to the green campaign and the whole 'ML$E All for MoneY' thing.

They're gonna haveta do some real smooth talking to get me to bite this time around.

menefreghista
08-03-2011, 02:01 PM
I remember how it went down last season. I'm pretty sure the 3 game price point, along with the team's form and structure at the time is what led to the green campaign and the whole 'ML$E All for MoneY' thing.

They're gonna haveta do some real smooth talking to get me to bite this time around.

Tickets were $19 each last year for the group stage matches in the south end.

I recall that if you purchased the preliminary round game you also agreed to be charged for the 3 group stage games if the team qualified, which they did.

I think a lot of people where far more upset with the way the MLS Cup tickets were handled.

Plus people were stuck with group stage tickets that were impossible to move by the time the last game rolled around.

brad
08-03-2011, 02:04 PM
I agree that ticket prices have not caused fan apathy. The team's performance is the primary culprit. Nonetheless, the continuous price increases over the last 4 years combined with the abysmal results has done nothing but infuriate the semblence of season ticket holders that remain.

The other thing I keep hearing from the more casual supporters/fans is that they no longer have any attachment to the players due to the revolving door. While I do think the roster turnover is needed, and new attachments will be made in time, this is a side effect right now.

TOBOR !
08-03-2011, 02:05 PM
yeah - maybe that's what it was - it was all about the same time (ie, the third CCL game, the Columbus game). So you're right, the pricing wasn't the issue, but the general mood was crap and crowds were low...

Whoop
08-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Every CL match around the world is held in the middle of the week, so I don't expect anything different there.

I'm fine with that.

It will be interesting to see how they price the matches. Likely a discount if you buy a package for all 3 games... as it should be.

menefreghista
08-03-2011, 02:06 PM
The other thing I keep hearing from the more casual supporters/fans is that they no longer have any attachment to the players due to the revolving door. While I do think the roster turnover is needed, and new attachments will be made in time, this is a side effect right now.

Everybody was happy to see De Rosario go, but at least he was a name most fans new. And he scored goals. And now TFC's next best scorer has also been shipped out (Santos). A massive void was created when De Ro was moved that still hasn't been fully filled. And now TFC's next best scorer has also been shipped out (Santos).

The average fan probably won't appreciate the great work Frings does. And the jury is still out on Koevermans, his fitness is worrisome.

menefreghista
08-03-2011, 02:10 PM
yeah - maybe that's what it was - it was all about the same time (ie, the third CCL game, the Columbus game). So you're right, the pricing wasn't the issue, but the general mood was crap and crowds were low...

I don't mind buying season tickets or even the CCL package. But now that life gets in the way more than often, it would be nice to be able to move your extra tickets for at least cost. Or at least not have to beg friends to take them.

I think the Arabe Unido tickets were going for like $5 in the aftermarket. Even the MLS Cup tickets were hard to move.

__wowza
08-03-2011, 02:12 PM
C'mon TFC head office:

http://course1.winona.edu/pjohnson/images/thing3.jpg

i was talking to my girlfriend about how driving miss daisy won the oscar the same year this movie was released. she said she'd never seen it so i ran out and bought a copy to watch with her that night.

i now own two copies of this movie.

__wowza
08-03-2011, 02:15 PM
guys its great discussing the possibilities on the board...but if wanna get some hope for having a reasonable price for these games, then call you account manager and let them know your concerns before the put out the package...the more that voice their concerns may force the FO to listen and react...

what he said. we can sit around discussing this on the boards all we want, or we can call and express our concerns to someone who works for the company.

ManUtd4ever
08-03-2011, 02:19 PM

Oddly enough, I had a an argument with my brother about this season's roster moves on the weekend. He doesn't eat, breathe, and sleep TFC like myself, you, and the others on this forum do, but he's been to a few games with me and watched them on television regularly the last few years. I asked him what he thought of the revamped roster, and he said that he absolutely hates the current regime for dismantling the team and trading all of his favorite players.

In the interim, you are absolutely right about casual fans feeling a sense of detachment towards the club, but I'm sure that will change if this group starts to win on a consistent basis. It always does.

habstfc
08-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Weeknight game, especially 8 pm start time doesn't do anyone any favours. The preliminary stages of a tournament most people don't care about isn't a good thing either. This is the earliest stage of this tournament, I don't think the average or casual fan will care until the final eight, if we make it out of the next group stage that is.

ManUtd4ever
08-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Last season, despite similar scheduling, the attendance for the first 3 CCL matches against Motagua, Cruz Azul, and RSL was over 17,000 if I recall correctly. The difference is, for all of the reasons already mentioned, there is a far greater sense of apathy this season, which is exactly why MLSE should be more agressive in their ticket pricing campaign.

mdc 77
08-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Last season, despite similar scheduling, the attendance for the first 3 CCL matches against Motagua, Cruz Azul, and RSL was over 17,000 if I recall correctly. The difference is, for all of the reasons already mentioned, there is a far greater sense of apathy this season, which is exactly why MLSE should be more agressive in their ticket pricing campaign.

Maybe for the Cruz Azul match it was but for the other two matches were maybe just over half full, we were also pretty much out of it by then though.

rocker
08-03-2011, 03:47 PM
last year the attendances, according to Wikipedia, were:

Cruz Azul -- 16,862
RSL -- 10,581
Arabe Unido -- 10,385

We were still in it during the RSL game though. I remember that if TFC had won that game, I believe RSL would have been out or at least almost out. It ended in a 1-1 tie.

Incidentally, Seattle got 22000 for their second game (first home game) last year in the group stage, a drop of 13-14K (38%) from regular season games. That drop from TFC's regular season attendance would mean an expected crowd of about 12K-13K.

mdc 77
08-03-2011, 03:48 PM
I seem to remember we were mathematically still in but it was a long shot.

habstfc
08-03-2011, 03:57 PM
last year the attendances, according to Wikipedia, were:

Cruz Azul -- 16,862
RSL -- 10,581
Arabe Unido -- 10,385

We were still in it during the RSL game though. I remember that if TFC had won that game, I believe RSL would have been out or at least almost out. It ended in a 1-1 tie.

Ya we were still in it until the RSL game , if we'd won that game instead of tying we would have made it through to the next stage. The last game against Arabe was meaningless which is why I am not buying a 3 pack if that's what it comes down to.

mdc 77
08-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Ya we were still in it until the RSL game , if we'd won that game instead of tying we would have made it through to the next stage. .

I don't remember it being that simple, maybe i'm wrong but I thought it was a serious long shot. We lost 4-1 at Salt lake before that match.

rocker
08-03-2011, 04:09 PM
I seem to remember we were mathematically still in but it was a long shot.

Well, it was entirely within the realm of possibility at the time of the RSL game to be one of the top two teams. TFC was leading RSL as of the 66th minute, eventually tying 1-1.

A win over RSL would have put TFC at 7 points, with RSL at 9, with a Cruz Azul at 10 points. But what was interesting was that TFC had Unido in the final group game, which they won 1-0. RSL had Cruz Azul (tough team).

If TFC had held that 1-0 lead against RSL and if Cruz Azul had beaten RSL in the final game, TFC and Cruz Azul would have gone through. It was closer than people give credit.

So attendance at the RSL game would not have been affected by the mathematics of the group, as the odds weren't that long and TFC was still within the realm of mathematical possibly.

To me, long odds would be something like "TFC needs to win both games by scores of 5-0 and RSL needs to lose both games" or whatever.

Whoop
08-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Something for TFC to keep in mind. Actually MLSE.

http://www.slate.com/id/2300802

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-04-2011, 12:02 PM

Yellow - $40
LGray - $42
MGrey - $54
L Blue - $64
D Grey - $74
D Blue - $78
Red - $90
Club - $110

= empty stadium....:(

These games should be priced to draw new supporters to the team.....and give the faithful a return on the product we have been givin over the last 5 years:drinking:

did anyone see the interest in dallas last night.....shameful......and the last TFC game drawing about 10 000.....

they are not getting it...

flatpicker
08-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Something for TFC to keep in mind. Actually MLSE.

http://www.slate.com/id/2300802

The article shows how bargain basement prices do not equal larger attendance.
I had said before that cheap tix would be good, but I realize now that it has to be more than that.

Someone suggested earlier that it might be good to bundle these with ST renewals.

Maybe TFC should offer two choices:
1. Buy your seats for the 3 games at a STH discount price (but less than regular season games).

or

2. Buy your seats for the 3 games for less than half the normal STH price if you renew for 2012.
Maybe even as low as $5 - $25 seat prices for those that renew for 2012.

That way, it's not just seen as cheapening the value of these games,
Instead, it's about rewarding commitment to the team.

Ultra & Proud
08-04-2011, 12:21 PM
So what you are saying is that going by these pricing numbers jabbrones made up that it would be an empty stadium and that TFC aren't getting it?

Are you for real? He is saying 3 matches in the best seats for $110 ($37 a ticket) and you think that is too much? The supporters seats would be $13 and change each. I hope the real price is close to this because these prices would be great for anyone who isn't a hobo.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-04-2011, 12:26 PM
So what you are saying is that going by these pricing numbers jabbrones made up that it would be an empty stadium and that TFC aren't getting it?

Are you for real? He is saying 3 matches in the best seats for $110 ($37 a ticket) and you think that is too much? The supporters seats would be $13 and change each. I hope the real price is close to this because these prices would be great for anyone who isn't a hobo.

sorry m8....i was reading this a single matches....:facepalm: not 3 game packages..... if it was like that...there might be more interest and it should be priced like that!!

thing is TFC wont package a deal like that....those prices are prob bang on for what they will try and sell for individual games!! Thats the sad thing!

rocker
08-04-2011, 01:01 PM
TFC sent out an email today. Apparently ticket info will be revealed tomorrow after CONCACAF finalizes game dates. There's still 2 prelim games on today.

TFC Cityboy
08-04-2011, 01:36 PM
TFC sent out an email today. Apparently ticket info will be revealed tomorrow after CONCACAF finalizes game dates. There's still 2 prelim games on today.
yes - they also say there is a 3 match package option....so let's see where they position it pricewise.Would love to see the ground full(ish) for this group stage but that will only happen if the price to STHs is right.

I'd also recommend that for the Dallas game (Aug 24) that the club send tickets on a sale or return basis to the youth soccer clubs in the area with a deadline for returns. The match is in the school holidays, they have a chance to get a shedload of young kids (with parents) down and get them hooked on TFC (assuming we don't shit the bed!).

Having said that I expect the same old same old as I doubt the ability of MLSE to be creative and/or reward the loyal support.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-04-2011, 01:52 PM
The playoffs are most likely out of site....ccl is a second chance at glory...hopefully tfc can hype this up...we know the hardchore are jacked..hopefuly they can market this right and get the city on board...and the rest of the 15000 season seat holders..*nd the so called waiting list...I feel our team could be coming together at the right time!!!:)

David_Oliveira
08-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Check your account manager. The prices were available alittle while ago. 72 for all three games in supporters and 78 in light grey

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Check your account manager. The prices were available alittle while ago. 72 for all three games in supporters and 78 in light grey

So...I assume the top end tickets will again be way overpriced and the stdium will be empty...guess will have to wait and see..for the offical word

menefreghista
08-04-2011, 02:03 PM

That has to be a mistake. $24 per ticket in the south end seems steep.

Last year they were $19 per ticket in the group stage..

flatpicker
08-04-2011, 02:04 PM
^ Yeah, it does seem more than I would have thought it would be... even for MLSE.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-04-2011, 02:09 PM
^ Yeah, it does seem more than I would have thought it would be... even for MLSE.

Will find out soon enough..;)

Ossington Mental Youth
08-04-2011, 02:40 PM
fucking hope not.

prizby
08-04-2011, 02:58 PM
dont think dallas had even 3500 fans at last nights game...and they were discounted at $5 a ticket for a while and $15 general admission

ryan
08-04-2011, 03:06 PM
$24 a seat? wtf?!

Pachuco
08-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Well someone has to pay for those people not showing up right? :)

ManUtd4ever
08-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Ugh. I'd still go at those prices in the supporters section, but if that's MLSE's overall strategy, it's going to backfire.

Yagbod
08-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Nothing in my account manager for this. Are other people seeing something?

flatpicker
08-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Nothing in my account manager for this. Are other people seeing something?

I'm afraid to look.

brad
08-04-2011, 03:45 PM
I am not buying my seats. I'm going to get mine from the secondary market below cost.

reggie
08-04-2011, 03:52 PM
im not buying unless we get a discount,5 yrs of shite product i had enough.
at least 25% to 35% off regular prices..

__wowza
08-04-2011, 03:52 PM
$24 a seat? wtf?!

if thats the case, and general admission prices are more, then im buying off of stubhub or a scalper (if theyre selling). last year i managed to get a block of 3 games, two seats, in the west end near the corner flag for $60 flat.. that was $10 a game. also, flatpicker your picture is scaring the shit outt've me.

brad
08-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Scalpers had plenty of below cost tickets for Real Estelli.

denime
08-04-2011, 03:56 PM
I don't know were did $24 a ticket come out,but

THERE IS NOTHING ON ACCOUNT MANAGER,at least on mine.

I would not get all pissed over the $24 a ticket until is official!

flatpicker
08-04-2011, 03:59 PM
flatpicker your picture is scaring the shit outt've me.

Boo!

__wowza
08-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Boo!

take no offense.. ive seen cars, tits, scarves, beer, but not an ominous floating head. i think its just weird reading the the words "$24 bucks a ticket" and seeing a smiling face next to it.

what im trying to segway into is that you should set your display picture to your face reflecting the mood of a thread.

flatpicker
08-04-2011, 04:11 PM
^ Assuming it's my face.

But even so, I would have to change my avatar every few minutes in order to fit the mood of a thread.

I have more important things to do... like check Facebook and Twitter.

menefreghista
08-04-2011, 04:13 PM
I don't know were did $24 a ticket come out,but

THERE IS NOTHING ON ACCOUNT MANAGER,at least on mine.

I would not get all pissed over the $24 a ticket until is official!

A poster earlier said he saw an invoice $72 for 3 matches in his account manager for the south end. And $78 for light greys.

That's where the $24 number comes from.

PopePouri
08-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Asif - Going to be confirmed tomorrow but I'm hearing it will be cheaper than it was for preliminary to season seat holders.

TorontoPat
08-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Well if the tickets aren't discounted from the reg season seats, I't will be a better deal to go to the WC qualifier $30 per game for dark grey

habstfc
08-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Well if the tickets aren't discounted from the reg season seats, I't will be a better deal to go to the WC qualifier $30 per game for dark grey

Really is this true?

David_Oliveira
08-04-2011, 05:26 PM
http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=162&pictureid=2893
If you go to your Account Manager, Click buy packages and you will see the above on there

David_Oliveira
08-04-2011, 05:27 PM
So far, games are Scheduled
Wed, August 31 at 8pm
Mon, September 19 at 8pm
Sat, October 1 at 8pm (conflicts with NYRB game)

arsenal
08-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Wed, August 31 at 8pm
Mon, September 19 at 8pm

Always have been tues-thurs games in past so doesn't make much sense

David_Oliveira
08-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Always have been tues-thurs games in past so doesn't make much sense

I know that the official games only get announced tomorrow so we should get the right info then. Take both my post for what its worth...Probably not much but it is there on the account manager

MisterMacphisto
08-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Such a huge opportunity for MLSE to do something good for once and really make a good gesture to supporters for enduring years of fail. Unfortunately, a huge opportunity for another huge #FAIL as well.

nfitz
08-04-2011, 08:04 PM
If you go to your Account Manager, Click buy packages and you will see the above on thereI'm not seeing anything under Buy Packages or Buy Tickets.

Pachuco
08-04-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm not either. And I thought the "buy packages" section is for buying additional stuff at retail. When they offer you your tickets for matches like these they usually show up under invoice. So I would think it's more likely that that is the price for none season ticket holders IF that's even the price.

Wagner
08-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Wed, August 31 at 8pm
Mon, September 19 at 8pm

The Team already stated that Aug 24 is the FCD game.

I'm also thinking the $24 per game might be the non-SSH price...as it's not in the invoice section, it was apparently in the "buy tickets" section.

There is no way they charge SSH's more than $17 or $18...tops...
we learned the hard way with regards to a possible 3rd meaningless game...
If I buy my pair in 115....$48 for a pair for the third game?? that might mean nothing?

If they do charge those prices...they'd need to credit my account the value of the 3rd game towards 2012's tickets...

Whoop
08-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Don't see anything.

But if it's $24 a ticket in the supporters section... I say they will get 7500 people tops for the CCL matches.

David_Oliveira
08-04-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm not sure whats going on. But It's still there for me. I'm a season seat holder so not sure how I could be the only one seeing it. Account Manager>>Buy Packages>>CONCACAF Champions League Group Stage>>Ticket Options

and that screen pops up.

menefreghista
08-04-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm not sure whats going on. But It's still there for me. I'm a season seat holder so not sure how I could be the only one seeing it. Account Manager>>Buy Packages>>CONCACAF Champions League Group Stage>>Ticket Options

and that screen pops up.

When I go to 'Buy Packages' it takes me to a screen with no options.

David_Oliveira
08-04-2011, 10:35 PM
When I go to 'Buy Packages' it takes me to a screen with no options.

Weird. But I wouldn't make this up. Frankly, I wouldn't have time to

menefreghista
08-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Weird. But I wouldn't make this up. Frankly, I wouldn't have time to

I believe you.

Account manager is often wonky.

David_Oliveira
08-04-2011, 10:41 PM
I clicked the August 24 game (other option besides the group pkg) and it only gives me clubs, reds, light grey
Super Weird

Whoop
08-04-2011, 10:54 PM
David, maybe your special. LOL

I tried in Firefox and Google Chrome and nothing for me.

flatpicker
08-04-2011, 10:57 PM
I clicked the August 24 game (other option besides the group pkg) and it only gives me clubs, reds, light grey
Super Weird

Where is the Super Weird section?

kaos197O
08-04-2011, 11:08 PM
I am getting the same thing as David. $72 a seat for the 3 pack in the supporters section as it stands right now. Reds are $210.

Joe Kool
08-04-2011, 11:58 PM
I am getting the same thing as David. $72 a seat for the 3 pack in the supporters section as it stands right now. Reds are $210.

If my supporter section seats were costing me $17 like the qualification game I would buy the 3 game set but at $24 per seat I may not. Times are tough and that is a 40% increase in ticket prices. I can probably grab something cheaper when game time comes. I definitely hope the $24 price is not the final price and they think about this a little before publishing the prices.

habstfc
08-05-2011, 12:24 AM
I am not buying a 3 pack as I probably won't be able to attend 3 midweek 8 o'clock games.

C.Barrett19
08-06-2011, 05:05 PM
when can i buy it and where do i buy the 3 game packages?

DangerRed
08-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Sorry, but if this is the pricing as you guys are seeing it, there's no way I'm picking up my mid grays for the CCL games. Way too expensive. Can't say I'm surprised, but still a shame. Gonna be mighty empty at these...

redcard
08-06-2011, 05:41 PM

where are you guys seeing this? there is nothing in my account manager show anything relating to CCL, but I did receive an email indicating that they will go on sale on Monday.

David_Oliveira
08-06-2011, 05:56 PM
where are you guys seeing this? there is nothing in my account manager show anything relating to CCL, but I did receive an email indicating that they will go on sale on Monday.

If you go to your Account Manager, Click buy packages and you will see the above on there
There is the image from the site

DichioTFC
08-06-2011, 06:00 PM
If my supporter section seats were costing me $17 like the qualification game I would buy the 3 game set but at $24 per seat I may not. Times are tough and that is a 40% increase in ticket prices. I can probably grab something cheaper when game time comes. I definitely hope the $24 price is not the final price and they think about this a little before publishing the prices.

I understand what you're getting at, but for real, the difference in your target price and the theoretical price is only $7.

The max I would be willing to pay for these tickets are $25, so I'm okay with $24.

boban
08-06-2011, 06:20 PM
I understand what you're getting at, but for real, the difference in your target price and the theoretical price is only $7.

The max I would be willing to pay for these tickets are $25, so I'm okay with $24.
It's the percentage. Which is HUGE.
These tickets shouldn't be more than $45-$50 tops for a 3 pack.

Whoop
08-07-2011, 12:22 AM
I wonder what they'll charge now. LOL

TorontoPat
08-07-2011, 06:00 AM
I wonder what they'll charge now. LOL
Probably waiting to see how the WCQ tickets sell. Tickets were suppose to be announced last Fri. but have delayed until Monday. Same day as WCQ tickets go on sale. Coincidence? I think not.:smile5:

Wagner
08-07-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm eager to see what they present to us tomorrow.

dupont
08-07-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm eager to see what they present to us tomorrow.

Me too because I am very broke right now and I hope that the front office doesn't make me choose between buying a 3-pack of TFC tickets vs a 3-pack of Canada World Cup Qualifier tickets... because if it comes down to it, then I'm going to pick the Canada games.
However, if TFC prices it low, then I will buy both.

Joe Kool
08-07-2011, 11:24 PM

I get what you are saying too but I currently am in an extreme financial bind that has got me counting every penny. To buy my pair based on theoretical pricing that is $14 per pair times 3 games so $42. I can understand that to some that may seem like peanuts but it is not that case for me unfortunately. Will be good to see the actual figures so I can stop the speculative talk.

jazzy
08-08-2011, 03:03 AM
Me too because I am very broke right now and I hope that the front office doesn't make me choose between buying a 3-pack of TFC tickets vs a 3-pack of Canada World Cup Qualifier tickets... because if it comes down to it, then I'm going to pick the Canada games.

^this...tis a shame,...would hate not to support the team but if they don't make it worth my while, they need to learn a lesson....AND if the prices are too high, what does that say about next year.....geez..............? I don't think I'll pay $25/for light grey's (x3), Go Canada Go and!, this will be the 1rst game missed...:(

JavierMartini
08-08-2011, 07:43 AM
After reading pages & multiple wall's of text i guess it only comes down to a few factors.

- Prices out of the sg's are way too high & scary.( for the average consumer & the loyal sheep alike)

- Marketing & advertising is absent for the CCL altogether.

- The product on the field is garbage, sparing a few names. Garbage is still garbage even if you tie a nice bow around it.

what has to be done?

Well I don't see MLSE rectifying the situation anytime soon. IMO unless the sale of mlse puts this team in the hands of someone capable who *cares*.

I doubt this team will be around much longer. They will progressively push everyone out.

cheers.:scarf:

ryan
08-08-2011, 07:56 AM

I'm with you on this one, especially because I have to front money for 20 tickets to the Canada matches this week.

menefreghista
08-08-2011, 07:59 AM
I doubt this team will be around much longer. They will progressively push everyone out.

The team isn't going anywhere. Lots of teams survive in MLS with rather poor attendance.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-08-2011, 08:15 AM
very much delusional to think this team is going anywhere based on poor ticket pricing for the CCL

Pookie
08-08-2011, 08:21 AM
The team isn't going anywhere. Lots of teams survive in MLS with rather poor attendance.

and revenue sharing

rocker
08-08-2011, 08:32 AM
very much delusional to think this team is going anywhere based on poor ticket pricing for the CCL

true... these games are gravy to MLSE... it's not like the players get paid any more for playing 6 extra games. If they get 9000 a game to the three home games, that's like almost 1.5 extra league games of cash with little extra expense beyond the flights and hotels for the away matches. I'd love to know if the team even has to give the usual cut to MLS that they give from MLS game tickets.

We're still probably subsidizing teams like Columbus, San Jose, and DC as our attendance is above average in the league.

Pookie
08-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Apparently, only 2 teams in MLS turned a profit last year. Seattle and Toronto.

Outside of the expansion fees, it is probably a very safe bet that we are subsidizing everyone.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-08-2011, 08:36 AM
i feel like LA is making bank too, no?

kodiakTFC
08-08-2011, 08:38 AM

Outside of the expansion fees, it is probably a very safe bet that we are subsidizing everyone.

That's true but not completely accurate because once you include SUM and some of the clubs have widely successful youth programs, well over half the league makes money. Seattle made something like $17 million last year with SUM included. I think TFC made 5-6, could be wrong, forgot this figure.

__wowza
08-08-2011, 08:38 AM
^ Assuming it's my face.

But even so, I would have to change my avatar every few minutes in order to fit the mood of a thread.

I have more important things to do... like check Facebook and Twitter.

a censored avatar!? well shirt!! now how the hell am i supposed to know how youre feeling about a specific topic? howwwwwwwwwwwwww?

ryan
08-08-2011, 08:44 AM
i feel like LA is making bank too, no?

I think the cost of Becks/Donovan/Angel (10+M) dig into that.

Oldtimer
08-08-2011, 09:02 AM
That's true but not completely accurate because once you include SUM and some of the clubs have widely successful youth programs, well over half the league makes money. Seattle made something like $17 million last year with SUM included. I think TFC made 5-6, could be wrong, forgot this figure.

That's correct. The owner/operators have been playing a shell game in order to aid them in contract negotiations with the players. They insist on excluding SUM's profits when calculating the profitability of their franchises.

This of course is nonsense. Investors aren't in the business of laying out tens of millions in order to lose money.

There are a few other accounting tricks that the franchises use to hide profits from cities funding stadiums and the tax man.

menefreghista
08-08-2011, 09:04 AM

Leagues usually say stuff like this when there is CBA to negotiate.

redcard
08-08-2011, 09:12 AM
still no update on the CCL match prices? thats weird for the FO considering the email stated Mondays the day!! oh well i guess the still have the rest of the day to get them out...still fishy

menefreghista
08-08-2011, 09:15 AM
still no update on the CCL match prices? thats weird for the FO considering the email stated Mondays the day!! oh well i guess the still have the rest of the day to get them out...still fishy

To be fair to the FO, I think they are waiting for CONCACAF to set the schedule.

Wagner
08-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Canada sales are slow?
they are gauging the mood in this thread?

or maybe they are going to send the announcement out at noon...or 5pm...to avoid the heavy scrutiny of the interwebs.

jazzy
08-08-2011, 09:43 AM
true... these games are gravy to MLSE... it's not like the players get paid any more for playing 6 extra games. If they get 9000 a game to the three home games, that's like almost 1.5 extra league games of cash with little extra expense beyond the flights and hotels for the away matches. I'd love to know if the team even has to give the usual cut to MLS that they give from MLS game tickets.

We're still probably subsidizing teams like Columbus, San Jose, and DC as our attendance is above average in the league.

good points, wonder really how the players feel(?), say making $40,000 and maybe having to play an extra say 6 games, ....for free? Someday they have to address the minimum pay structure. As you say, these games almost make a successful (business-wise), season for mlse...:facepalm:; all the more reason to gift these tickets and try to attract more fans.

Whoop
08-08-2011, 09:53 AM
If TFC was smart, they would pay the players bonuses for making it to the CCL.

menefreghista
08-08-2011, 09:54 AM

I'm not sure the MLS CBA allows that.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-08-2011, 10:08 AM

This

and sadly i believe this

I'm not sure the MLS CBA allows that.

is correct.

im pretty sure the clubs in our league collect the winnings for themselves and can only pay out something measily like 2k a player.

redcard
08-08-2011, 10:15 AM
To be fair to the FO, I think they are waiting for CONCACAF to set the schedule.

the dates for the various rounds have been up since last week...and if they were sure of the schedule why would the announce that the tickets will be released today? Hopefully they will do a Dallas thing and offer $5 tickets!!

Joe Kool
08-08-2011, 10:19 AM
This

and sadly i believe this

is correct.

im pretty sure the clubs in our league collect the winnings for themselves and can only pay out something measily like 2k a player.

Maybe they can be creative and give other benefits to the players for making it. Maybe tell the players they will add upgrades to the player locker rooms or sponsor team events or something. Not sure what would work with pro athletes. I know my company was possibly going to be allocated some money for achieving a goal a while back but were not allowed to give it as bonuses so they told us if we achieved the goal they would upgrade our work area and give us some company sponsored events. It worked pretty good as an incentive. I am sure MLSE can come up with a non monetary method of compensation for making it far in the CCL if they really wanted to.

menefreghista
08-08-2011, 10:21 AM
the dates for the various rounds have been up since last week...and if they were sure of the schedule why would the announce that the tickets will be released today? Hopefully they will do a Dallas thing and offer $5 tickets!!

They know when they are playing all 6 group stage games, but CONCACAF still hasn't set the full schedule, other than the first 2 rounds.

bgnewf
08-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Anyone remember what the pricing structure was for the three Champions League group matches cost last season?

I would like to compare last year's pricing to what they come up with for the three group games.

Wagner
08-09-2011, 09:36 AM
I was told today would be the day.
nothing so far...

nfitz
08-09-2011, 10:43 AM
TFC seems to have scuppered themselves, deciding to wait until the entire 3-game schedule is out, before proceeding with the 1st game sales. I'm guessing CONCACAF told them it would be out last Thursday, so not a big deal to hold off for a day or two. But now they are getting to the 1-week mark, I'd think they are regretting this action.

Particularly as they now have only 2 weeks to sell tickets, instead of 3!

No sign of any news out of CONCACAF.

rocker
08-09-2011, 10:59 AM
TFC seems to have scuppered themselves, deciding to wait until the entire 3-game schedule is out, before proceeding with the 1st game sales. .

are they allowed to announce anything, even first game sales, until CONCACAF gets its schedule out? I don't know how the contract works with CONACAF. I assume CONCACAF gets a cut from sales.... anyone know?

menefreghista
08-09-2011, 11:06 AM
are they allowed to announce anything, even first game sales, until CONCACAF gets its schedule out? I don't know how the contract works with CONACAF. I assume CONCACAF gets a cut from sales.... anyone know?

Seattle is already selling their first game.

menefreghista
08-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Anyone remember what the pricing structure was for the three Champions League group matches cost last season?

I would like to compare last year's pricing to what they come up with for the three group games.

It was $19 per ticket in the south end.

rocker
08-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Seattle is already selling their first game.

Ahh, ok.

I guess Seattle had to hurry up and get those single game tickets on sale last Friday. Seattle plays August 16.

TFC's first home game is August 24, so much more time to wait for CONACAF to finalize the remaining games and then sell packages. If the packages go on sale today or tomorrow, TFC still has more lead time to sell the August 24 game than Seattle did.

nfitz
08-09-2011, 11:56 AM
are they allowed to announce anything, even first game sales, until CONCACAF gets its schedule out?Given that the original plan last fall for 2011 ticket sales was to sell the preliminary round game and the first game (i.e. the one in 2 weeks) as part of the Season Ticket Package ...

... then I think they are allowed to sell whenever they want.

And as such, there are a few season ticket holders who bought the original package, and then took them up on the offer of keeping the 2 CONCACAF tickets ... so they've already got their tickets bought for the first game.

Torontotonto
08-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Just checked my account manager, nothing available yet.
Also no emails received with any info regarding tickets or pricing.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
08-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Just checked my account manager, nothing available yet.
Also no emails received with any info regarding tickets or pricing.
Unbelievable! Can we take Paul B's marketing award away from him? We are two weeks away from the Dallas match and there hasn't been a peep about selling tickets. I guess the FO has their sights set at another match with attendance under 10k.

Whoop
08-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Dates revealed.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/08/champions-league-group-stage-revealed

Looks like I'm missing the match on the 20th.

menefreghista
08-09-2011, 12:40 PM
At least we have a schedule:

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/08/champions-league-group-stage-revealed

Wednesday, August 24: Toronto FC v FC Dallas - 8 p.m. at BMO Field in Toronto
Tuesday, September 20: Toronto FC v. Tauro F.C. – 8 p.m. at BMO Field in Toronto
Tuesday, September 27: Toronto FC v. Pumas UNAM – 8 p.m. at BMO Field in Toronto

Whoop
08-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Thursday, August 18: Tauro F.C. v. Toronto FC - 8 p.m.
Wednesday, August 24: Toronto FC v. FC Dallas - 8 p.m. at BMO Field in Toronto
Wednesday, September 14: Pumas UNAM v. Toronto FC – 8 p.m.
Tuesday, September 20: Toronto FC v. Tauro F.C. – 8 p.m. at BMO Field in Toronto
Tuesday, September 27: Toronto FC v. Pumas UNAM – 8 p.m. at BMO Field in Toronto
Tuesday, October 18: FC Dallas v. Toronto FC – 8 p.m.

Wagner
08-09-2011, 12:43 PM
i assume the pricing will be out any minute now...

Wagner
08-09-2011, 12:44 PM
$90 for the package.
just in my account manager.

$15 per game * 2 tickets * 3 games

seems reasonable.

$30 for a pair in the south end.
I'll be in 115 for these games.

if that $24 number per ticket was legit, i'd have thought about it...
$48 per pair...seems like a big difference.

DangerRed
08-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Just got $243 for three seats for med grays.

$27 per ticket X 3 tickets X 3 games.

Still obviously not going given it's Wednesdays and I'm not about to buy the package if I'm going to miss at least one of the games.

ManUtd4ever
08-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Kudos to TFC management. The price points are very reasonable in all sections of the stadium.

gomesv
08-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Dark Greys $40 per

No thanks, think I'll just buy cheap and sit anywhere I want

Pookie
08-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Too bad that the schedule hits on a Tuesday night. Wednesday night is the only one without kids having soccer practice.

dupont
08-09-2011, 01:08 PM
$17 for my light greys. Very fair. I'm grabbing them.

flatpicker
08-09-2011, 01:17 PM

Yeah, $102 total for a pair of tickets to 3 games.
That's not too bad at all.
Just as long as I can find friends to go with me.

Suds
08-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Here's the discount on the price point for my tickets - Dark Blue.

It notes on the seating chart they normally charge the same price for NCC & CONCACAF games at regular MLS match prices. For me that's $65/seat.

$141 for 3 games = $47/game. That's somewhere around a 28% discount. If I take into account the included taxes in the price it's close to $40/game/seat in my section.

That's about the max I would pay for these extra games in my section. Not sure I'm grabbing mine but I'm glad the TFC FO took time to think about how they would price these games.

Yohan
08-09-2011, 01:18 PM
http://www.goltv.ca/assets/1/AssetManager/CCLGroupStagePackage.pdf

this should be the MLS season ticket prices dammit! ;)

kodiakTFC
08-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Can't make it out due to school but am I glad to see the pricing is reasonable.

rocker
08-09-2011, 01:19 PM
prices are reasonable. Dark grey costs about 10% less ($4) than Real Esteli for me.

Pinkie
08-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Yeah, $102 total for a pair of tickets to 3 games.
That's not too bad at all.
Just as long as I can find friends to go with me.

i'm deffo ok with that price

menefreghista
08-09-2011, 01:21 PM
http://www.goltv.ca/assets/1/AssetManager/CCLGroupStagePackage.pdf

this should be the MLS season ticket prices dammit! ;)

It might have to be.

DichioTFC
08-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Very reasonable prices and within my budget. I'll be going to all three.

Pachuco
08-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Ummm...I needed something bigger then a 10% discount if I was going to be convinced to buy these tickets. Dark Greys still too pricey for me.

Carts
08-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Sucks they put all three together - instead of a single game-by-game option...

I would happily buy 2-of-3 games, as I can't make one...

But, with that, I'll pass on the 3-game pack, and instead by cheap singles for the 2-games...

But, glad to see they dropped prices...

rocker
08-09-2011, 01:25 PM
So the prices people were seeing originally last week were the prices for non-STHs, not the STH or insider prices. I'm going to grab my package, which popped up in my Account Manager. $240 total for dark grey, 2 seats.

Ageroo
08-09-2011, 01:27 PM
But, with that, I'll pass on the 3-game pack, and instead by cheap singles for the 2-games...

But, glad to see they dropped prices...

I will put a ticket trader ban on anyone who sells you seats to this match. You my friend are out of luck. ;)

Suds
08-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Ummm...I needed something bigger then a 10% discount if I was going to be convinced to buy these tickets. Dark Greys still too pricey for me.

That's the discount over the price for the Real Esteli qualifier. If you compare it to regular MLS games the discount is much higher.

But your point is taken. Everyone will have a different price point on what they see as value for these tickets. It will meet some peoples exceptions but not others.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-09-2011, 01:28 PM
15 a piece/45 for the lot for me

Ossington Mental Youth
08-09-2011, 01:29 PM
pleased with the price

Carts
08-09-2011, 01:30 PM
I will put a ticket trader ban on anyone who sells you seats to this match. You my friend are out of luck. ;)

You might be in luck... :)

There's a line "OVERDUE AMOUNT" in there...

I wonder if these are mandatory purchase for keeping our tickets...

Ageroo
08-09-2011, 01:31 PM
You might be in luck... :)

There's a line "OVERDUE AMOUNT" in there...

I wonder if these are mandatory purchase for keeping our tickets...

I just went in and saw overdue amount in mine.....not liking the looks of that. lol

kodiakTFC
08-09-2011, 01:37 PM
I just went in and saw overdue amount in mine.....not liking the looks of that. lol

This is normal, it happened with the Esteli game. Nothing is charged, its just poor organization in ticketmaster. Your overdue for a game you haven't selected to purchase.

Anyone else disliking this system where SSH are forced to buy their own seats for these special games? I'm the light greys but I want supporters seats, I can't however select these tickets and instead have to wait for them to be on sale to the public. When they go on sale to the public they are far more than my light greys! I can't wait to get out of 111.. section has gone so far down hill this season.

nfitz
08-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Ummm...I needed something bigger then a 10% discount if I was going to be convinced to buy these tickets. Dark Greys still too pricey for me.Dark Grey is 20% discount from the season ticket price.

jazzy
08-09-2011, 01:38 PM

^same.....dig out the snowmobile suits,....for Oct,..lol imagine if it's raining and cold,.....I'd rather snow...I see they're letting Dallas play here in Oct instead of the Panamanian or Mexican team!

ManUtd4ever
08-09-2011, 01:42 PM
It would be great if that last match against Dallas is meaningful.

Suds
08-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Just got my email from TFC regarding the tickets.

Kind of pissed I only have two days to make up my mind. I understand timing is tight but geeesh!

Ageroo
08-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Just got my email from TFC regarding the tickets.

Kind of pissed I only have two days to make up my mind. I understand timing is tight but geeesh!

2 days being today and tomorrow. Or we have up until friday?

rocker
08-09-2011, 01:48 PM

tomorrow 5pm.

bgnewf
08-09-2011, 01:49 PM
TFC Still Gets Pricing Wrong For CCL

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/08/wrong-pricing/

TFC lowers prices for three upcoming CONCACAF Champions League matches. Why I feel that they have made progress in lowering the prices across the board (and should be applauded for doing so) but have not lowered them near enough to fill the building to anything close to capacity.

__wowza
08-09-2011, 01:50 PM
posted in the other thread too. take a look at this hefty ass schedule:

(bold indicates CCL // red indicates home game)

Aug 13 - Sat Toronto FC v Real Salt Lake
Aug 18 - Thu Tauro F.C. v Toronto FC
Aug 21 - Sun Fire v Toronto FC
Aug 24 - Wed Toronto FC v FC Dallas
Aug 27 - Sat Toronto FC v Earthquakes
Sep 10 - Sat Crew v Toronto FC
Sept 14 - Wed Pumas UNAM vs. Toronto FC
Sep 17 - Sat Toronto FC v Rapids
Sept 20 - Tues Toronto FC vs. Tauro
Sep 24 - Sat Chivas USA v Toronto FC
Sept 27 - Tues Toronto FC vs. Pumas UNAM
Oct 1 - Sat Toronto FC v Red Bulls
Oct 15 - Sat Union v Toronto FC
Oct 18 - Tues FC Dallas vs. Toronto FC
Oct 22 - Sat Toronto FC v Revolution

Suds
08-09-2011, 01:51 PM

Actually, the email subject line says 2 days but email body says we have until 5 PM Wednesday.

I'm no math wiz but is that not 1 Day? Would 2 Days from Tuesday not be Thursday?? Why the hell did old TV's start on channel 2??? :)

rocker
08-09-2011, 01:59 PM
posted in the other thread too. take a look at this hefty ass schedule:

(bold indicates CCL // red indicates home game)

Aug 13 - Sat Toronto FC v Real Salt Lake
Aug 18 - Thu Tauro F.C. v Toronto FC
Aug 21 - Sun Fire v Toronto FC
Aug 24 - Wed Toronto FC v FC Dallas
Aug 27 - Sat Toronto FC v Earthquakes
Sep 10 - Sat Crew v Toronto FC
Sept 14 - Wed Pumas UNAM vs. Toronto FC
Sep 17 - Sat Toronto FC v Rapids
Sept 20 - Tues Toronto FC vs. Tauro
Sep 24 - Sat Chivas USA v Toronto FC
Sept 27 - Tues Toronto FC vs. Pumas UNAM
Oct 1 - Sat Toronto FC v Red Bulls
Oct 15 - Sat Union v Toronto FC
Oct 18 - Tues FC Dallas vs. Toronto FC
Oct 22 - Sat Toronto FC v Revolution

ouch.. that's brutal.

the only positive is that they have 2 2-week breaks (Aug 27 to Sept 10 and Oct 1 to 15).

But that September 10 to Oct 1 stretch is a 7 game stretch with just 2 or 3 days rest between games. I guess if CCL starts well and mathematical elimination occurs in the league, TFC will play the reserves in league games and go with the starters in the CCL games.

Of course, what'll probably happen is that we won't be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs til the end, so the team will play as much of its starters in all the games, we'll be stretched thin, and fail at both objectives.... but only very strong teams can compete in both competitions well.

Yagbod
08-09-2011, 02:06 PM
$240 is too much for my Dark Greys. If anyone in the 'supporter's' pricing areas is not going and would like to keep their seat filled with a RPB please let me know. I would like to buy your seats.

Joe Kool
08-09-2011, 02:08 PM
3 game pack for TFC available, 3 game pack for Canada available and I got almost no cash....damn I am feeling sorry for myself.

Joe Kool
08-09-2011, 02:17 PM
$240 is too much for my Dark Greys. If anyone in the 'supporter's' pricing areas is not going and would like to keep their seat filled with a RPB please let me know. I would like to buy your seats.

I can probably help you out with that...send me a PM if interested and I will buy my seats for you. It pains me to not go but such is life right now.

GhostKiller
08-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Ya looks like they got the supporters pricing correct, but I still think my dark greys are too expensive. At least they tried kinda.

flatpicker
08-09-2011, 02:31 PM
I will add that, while I am ok with my Light Grey prices, and the South End prices look good too,
I think they should have reduced the more expensive sections by a greater percentage.
It would have been a nice gesture to many of those that fork out a lot of cash for this team.

ManUtd4ever
08-09-2011, 02:36 PM
TFC Still Gets Pricing Wrong For CCL

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/08/wrong-pricing/

TFC lowers prices for three upcoming CONCACAF Champions League matches. Why I feel that they have made progress in lowering the prices across the board (and should be applauded for doing so) but have not lowered them near enough to fill the building to anything close to capacity.

I disagree. If the games are not sold out to capacity, it will not be a result of the CCL pricing scheme.

mclaren
08-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Fair play to the FO for lowering prices but I see the same result - full South End, everywhere else empty. The people who care most about these games will be the ones paying $15 per game. The vast majority of fans don't care about this competition so won't be paying $40+ per game. It just ain't happening. Better to charge a maximum of $25/$30 for the more expensive seats.

Pachuco
08-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Dark Grey is 20% discount from the season ticket price.

I wasn't talking about the season ticket price. And I got a %30 discount from Mexx for being a loyal customer on the weekend. Now that's something to talk about. Especially considering I don't find their products over priced in the first place.

__wowza
08-09-2011, 02:50 PM
I disagree. If the games are not sold out to capacity, it will not be a result of the CCL pricing scheme.

im going to have to go with manc on this.
MLSE knows these games are always a hard sell, and they really do get shafted with the way the tournament is placed. they're trying to find a break even point.

i know i suggested movie-theatre pricing at $12 a ticket, but honestly, that'd require a fuckton of buzz coupled with a promotional blitz that wouldnt be effective given that this is in two weeks. on second thought, my original suggestion was unrealistic, but if MLSE wanted bums in seats, they'd start reaching out to corporations, or at least give the unsold tickets to charities or volunteers for charities.

the fact of the matter is, we're not winning. if we arent making a positive splash in the headlines, MLSE is fighting an uphill battle here. if this was our first two years people would be buying tickets like this just so they could see a game.. but thats a conversation for another thread.

ManUtd4ever
08-09-2011, 02:52 PM
im going to have to go with ManU on this.
MLSE knows these games are always a hard sell, and they really do get shafted with the way the tournament is placed. they're trying to find a break even point.

i know i suggested movie-theatre pricing at $12 a ticket, but honestly, that'd require a fuckton of buzz coupled with a promotional blitz that wouldnt be effective given that this is in two weeks. on second thought, my original suggestion was unrealistic, but if MLSE wanted bums in seats, they'd start reaching out to corporations, or at least give the unsold tickets to charities or volunteers for charities.

the fact of the matter is, we're not winning. if we arent making a positive splash in the headlines, MLSE is fighting an uphill battle here. if this was our first two years people would be buying tickets like this just so they could see a game.. but thats a conversation for another thread.

Fixed. :D

rocker
08-09-2011, 02:53 PM
you know what, I understand some of the concern for the higher prices in the prawn sections... but by the same token, the people who can normally afford even higher prices for those seats can afford these lower prices. Get what I'm saying?

If you have dark greys already, you're paying something like $50+ a seat for league games. If the difference between the CCL $40 and, let's say, $30/seat is enough to bankrupt you, you probably shouldn't be in dark greys in the first place.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't think a $10 difference in dark greys would make people come out who wouldn't at $40/seat.

I think it's more complex. For example, around me I have season ticket holders who buy their dark greys every single year, but only attend maybe 75% of the games. So they are essentially throwing away money -- the cost isn't hurting them. They never come out to CCL games. I don't think it's because of money problems.

What I think matters now is the profile of the CCL needs to be increased, and TFC needs to have some success. That's probably a bigger factor than a $10 drop. Also, weeknight games are another factor lowering attendance.

Not to mention the fact that if you don't have the $240 for a pair of dark greys for three games, you can just wait until Friday and get cheaper seats in other sections for all three games, or just attend 1 game. Options exist for attending games at decent prices if you really know/like CCL and TFC.

For example, if dark grey STH's are really having trouble with the $240, they could get supporters seats for $24 for 2 people for 3 games for $144. $144 for three events for 2 people is not a lot for what is a discretionary expense. Or if you prefer to go alone, that's $72 for three events. Price shouldn't be an excuse.

Dave67
08-09-2011, 02:59 PM
I gave up on MLSE ever meeting my expectations of what a season ticket holder benefit is. So I'm not surprised by these prices.

ManUtd4ever
08-09-2011, 03:00 PM
you know what, I understand some of the concern for the higher prices in the prawn sections... but by the same token, the people who can normally afford even higher prices for those seats can afford these lower prices. Get what I'm saying?

If you have dark greys already, you're paying something like $50+ a seat for league games. If the difference between the CCL $40 and, let's say, $30/seat is enough to bankrupt you, you probably shouldn't be in dark greys in the first place.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't think a $10 difference in dark greys would make those same people come out. I think it's more complex. For example, around me I have season ticket holders who buy their dark greys every single year, but only attend maybe 75% of the games. So they are essentially throwing away money -- the cost isn't hurting them.

What I think matters now is the profile of the CCL needs to be increased, and TFC needs to have some success. That's probably a bigger factor than a $10 drop.

I agree that an additional 10%-15% off isn't likely going to be the deciding factor for STH's in most sections of the stadium. At this point, it's not a question of affordability. I think attendance will depend entirely on the level of interest, as well as the availability of fans, considering that all the CCL matches are scheduled mid week.