PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Ruiz (on his way out of Phily) - would you?

ag futbol
07-30-2011, 01:32 PM
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2011/07/rapids-snap-unions-home-undefeated-streak-ruiz-on-his-way-out-of-philly.html#more

On his way out of Phily, obviously he is a dirty bastard and the fans didn't like his diving.

Everyone has a different opinion, as far as I'm concerned he can kick puppies while he walks down the street and push over old people for the price of 12 goals a season. The rest of the season might provide an opportunity to see if he fits.

Unlike last time he was here, he's in much better shape.

denime
07-30-2011, 01:33 PM
No thanks

Ossington Mental Youth
07-30-2011, 01:35 PM
head case and theres no way Mariner would take him back

Fort York Redcoat
07-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Not unless he apologizes to TFC fans and explains his lack of performance here.

So no.

TFC USA
07-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Fuck. No.

Oldtimer
07-30-2011, 01:45 PM
If he crawls on his knees in penance from the ACC to BMO Field to apologize to us all....

I bet very few would still want him back.

Amado Guevara on the other hand... I would love to have him back.

tfcleeds
07-30-2011, 01:50 PM
We've got enough options, forget him.

ag futbol
07-30-2011, 01:50 PM
I'd take my apology in the form of goals. That being said, his salary is way too much and not sure if he has any left in him

Side note: is this the goal of the year thus far? IMO Hassli's is just slightly better. It's been a great year for highlights for the league though.

CxMgeyvAeLw

Red CB Toronto
07-30-2011, 01:51 PM
I am just happy Carlos was kind enough to take time to sign my two Toronto FC photos outside Gate 4when he was with the team. I have signed photos for 100 of 103 players that have played at least 1 minute with the Reds in all compeitions.

dantdot
07-30-2011, 01:51 PM
I propose a ban on anyone who votes yes.

ManUtd4ever
07-30-2011, 02:00 PM
I thought he was performing well in Philly? Oh well, once a douchebag, always a douchebag.

Chevy
07-30-2011, 02:10 PM
We have had enough player douchebaggery for one season. Thanks but no thanks.

ArmenJBX
07-30-2011, 03:00 PM
He was a beast of a striker in FIFA 09/10 and I loved him.
Turns out, his real life version had a sucky attitude but he was still pretty good.

I would take him back though, and give him a REAL shot.

colman1860
07-30-2011, 03:11 PM
I am just happy Carlos was kind enough to take time to sign my two Toronto FC photos outside Gate 4when he was with the team. I have signed photos for 100 of 103 players that have played at least 1 minute with the Reds in all compeitions.

Who are you missing?

WestStandGeoff
07-30-2011, 03:28 PM

So which 3 are you still missing?

Edit: damned, someone beat me to it...

Red CB Toronto
07-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Who are you missing?

Tim Regan, Sam Reynolds and Ibbe "The other" Ibrahim, played four minutes during the first season at New England.

I also have seven of the 10 players who have appeared on an 18 man game roster but did not see the field. Missing Tomer, Asante and Guppy.

The Professor
07-30-2011, 03:57 PM
An uncalled for insult to Andy Welsh.

rocker
07-30-2011, 04:20 PM
speaking of Andy Welsh...

http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10361~2369953,00.html

Suds
07-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Absofuckinglutely not!

werewolf
07-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Tim Regan, Sam Reynolds and Ibbe "The other" Ibrahim, played four minutes during the first season at New England.

I also have seven of the 10 players who have appeared on an 18 man game roster but did not see the field. Missing Tomer, Asante and Guppy.

http://asanteacademy.com/contact_us.html

Stryker
07-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Carlos Ruiz (on his way out of Phily) - would you?
Hit him with my car if I saw him crossing the street? Absolutely.

Red CB Toronto
07-30-2011, 07:12 PM
http://asanteacademy.com/contact_us.html

Thanks for the info, Richard is also playing for SC Toronto in the CSL, just have make my way out to one of their games.

Pachuco
07-30-2011, 08:25 PM
I'll take Maicon any day of the year over Ruiz as backup striker.

TFC07
07-30-2011, 09:47 PM
I'll take Maicon any day of the year over Ruiz as backup striker.

Agreed. Ruiz isn't right fit for us.

J .
07-31-2011, 02:13 AM
:puke::puke::puke:

Parkdale
07-31-2011, 06:45 AM
we haven't seen a really good hissy fit since that time he got subbed and flipped the gatorade cooler. All class.

Maltese Falcon
07-31-2011, 11:28 AM
speaking of Andy Welsh...

http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10361~2369953,00.html
what a joke he was

ArmenJBX
07-31-2011, 12:15 PM
vfO0BJgzWRw

Phil
07-31-2011, 12:19 PM
^^^That was classic. He holds the distinction of being the first TFC player to be subbed on, then subbed out in the same game.

I seem to recall him having eaten more pies...

ArmenJBX
07-31-2011, 12:31 PM
Ruiz actually highlights an alarming trend from our former management.
He came in, an MLS goalscorer, no doubt.
Our staff didn't find a use for him and in turn he was never really given a shot.
Much like Mista after him.

Did it bother anyone the way both these players left? Mista was doing well-ish, and suddenly he was benched permanently, amidst rumors that he wanted to go back to Spain after spending a few weeks in Toronto. He fought with Preki at an away game and was shipped out a month later.

Yet we as fans have negative views of both Ruiz and Mista. Both are high-quality players who were mismanaged and/or mistreated.

rocker
07-31-2011, 12:35 PM
haha.. look at the guys on that bench as Ruiz sits down.... blast from the past!

prizby
07-31-2011, 01:26 PM
Ruiz actually highlights an alarming trend from our former management.
He came in, an MLS goalscorer, no doubt.
Our staff didn't find a use for him and in turn he was never really given a shot.
Much like Mista after him.

Did it bother anyone the way both these players left? Mista was doing well-ish, and suddenly he was benched permanently, amidst rumors that he wanted to go back to Spain after spending a few weeks in Toronto. He fought with Preki at an away game and was shipped out a month later.

Yet we as fans have negative views of both Ruiz and Mista. Both are high-quality players who were mismanaged and/or mistreated.

LOL Mista had like 4 goals in the 3 previous years b4 joining tfc

ArmenJBX
07-31-2011, 01:38 PM
It's just that some players don't even get the chance to show what they can do.

Phil
07-31-2011, 04:21 PM

It was all about the coaching situation here in Toronto for Mista.

Lets hope the current guys can rectify this, we are seeing a turn around in the attacking half of the pitch now.

rocker
07-31-2011, 04:29 PM

I think it's a case of the former regime having no plan for how players would fit in. When you're changing coaches every year it's hard to have any plan. Mo Jo had enough sense of talent to bring certain players in who would later succeed in better systems. But in the end his signings did not reflect a clear vision (in tune with the coach) for the team.

And then some players got lots of chances to show what they could do and failed miserably, partly because the talent evaluation failed, partly because there was no plan in place. It was a team of individuals. At times, it worked, such as when Dichio and O'Brien were leading the team. But then when guys got hurt, it all fell apart.

I got a sense with the revolving door of players over the years that Mo Jo thought "talent" alone would win the day. Ruiz, for example, was clearly a talented player and has proven with Philly that point since then. We know of other players who have left to succeed elsewhere. But in the end without a plan, and when his talent evaluation failed on some guys, what was left?

habstfc
07-31-2011, 08:02 PM
A month ago I would have said yes but I think our offensive woes are close to being solved.

J .
08-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Ruiz was horrible, for TFC and many other sides. Its a case of an its him, not the team situation.

I fail to see any logic behind why people would want him playing for their side.

madcow
08-01-2011, 12:58 AM
I just got an email from Sportsnet I've pasted below. Is this Ruiz on his way back ( I hope not) or is it something else? Does anyone have further info? "More Moves For TFC? Sources have told Sportsnet Radio THE FAN 590's Dan Dunleavy that another new acquisition by Toronto F.C is waiting league approval and could be official as early as Monday morning."

ArmenJBX
08-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Oh please bring him back!!!!!

West220Side
08-01-2011, 03:01 AM
I just got an email from Sportsnet I've pasted below. Is this Ruiz on his way back ( I hope not) or is it something else? Does anyone have further info? "More Moves For TFC? Sources have told Sportsnet Radio THE FAN 590's Dan Dunleavy that another new acquisition by Toronto F.C is waiting league approval and could be official as early as Monday morning."

Personally i'm more excited for certain player(s) being moved out. Then ones being moved it. You know who you are, Julian De Guzman.

Can't see how you can get excited with Carlos Ruiz coming back to TFC, if he is (rumors keep on coming) however like what others have been saying. Its a matter if he wants to play well, not the team he's with. We don't need selfish players/dressing room cancer if you ask me.

Fort York Redcoat
08-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Oh please bring him back!!!!!

More sarcasm icons please.

Either that or change your av to Ruiz. :D

The Professor
08-01-2011, 09:28 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-us/match/61992/philadelphia-vs-colorado-rapids/report

Nowak did not announce what team Ruiz is joining, but rumors have already suggested a return to Puebla FC for the 31-year-old.

However, the most bizarre part was the coach's reasoning for letting Ruiz leave. Nowak seemed to blame the fans, not sporting interests, as the motivation.

“A lot of fans even in the stands have a pre-bias toward Carlos and make bad comments about him being a diver, being that, being that, not working hard, all these little things, and it was getting tired to us,” Nowak said. “I always believed fans in the stands will stand behind us and are going to cheer for us and all the players we have on the roster, and not having something against a single player. As I said, it’s an unfortunate thing.”

:lol:

ArmenJBX
08-01-2011, 10:13 AM
More sarcasm icons please.

Either that or change your av to Ruiz. :D

I genuinly want him back.

menefreghista
08-01-2011, 10:14 AM
No thanks on Ruiz. Possibly the only player we could get that would be worse than signing Whoregreaeves.

MartinUtd
08-01-2011, 11:02 AM
I actually had Ruiz on my TFC's worst eleven in a thread about a week ago. He was up top beside Andrea Lombardo. So no thanks.

rocker
08-01-2011, 11:52 AM
So Novak listens the fan opinion when deciding on keeping or trading a player? you gotta be kiddin' me!

Detroit_TFC
08-01-2011, 12:04 PM
I admit I wasn't following things as closely as I should, what exactly happened in Philly to cause this rupture? I thought Ruiz was doing well and was liking it in Phil.

Nuvinho
08-01-2011, 12:04 PM
So Novak listens the fan opinion when deciding on keeping or trading a player? you gotta be kiddin' me!

If TFC management listened to the fans about keeping or trading players - we'd be well over 200 players by now. One game a player is a goat, the next game the player is a hero for us.

Blizzard
08-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Personally i'm more excited for certain player(s) being moved out. Then ones being moved it. You know who you are, Julian De Guzman.

Can't see how you can get excited with Carlos Ruiz coming back to TFC, if he is (rumors keep on coming) however like what others have been saying. Its a matter if he wants to play well, not the team he's with. We don't need selfish players/dressing room cancer if you ask me.

From what I've read, he is going to a second division side in Mexico.

You're right, we certainly do not need any more problem players in the TFC dressing room. This fresh start with so many new bodies and so much new quality is probably making for a happy room.

Edit: Here it is. He's going to Veracruz. http://www.brotherlygame.com/2011/7/31/2306870/carlos-ruiz-veracruz-tiburones-rojos-philadelphia-union-rumor-transfer

Blizzard
08-01-2011, 02:07 PM

No, it's Ruiz being unhappy at the way he feels he is being treated by the fans so he wants to leave ... or at least that is the impression I've been getting via other sites etc etc etc.

Novak is sympathizing with him as he feels bad about losing one of his offensive threats but this is Ruiz's move, not Novak's.

Some insight might be gained in this thread. http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1700214&page=12

There is some talk of racist epitath's being thrown at Ruiz from the Philly supporters. Who knows. Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't but something convinced Ruiz to get out of Philly.

Detroit_TFC
08-01-2011, 05:58 PM
^the latest in the BS thread quoted him on ESPN Deportes saying that it was simply a better offer from team in Mexico, not related to any negative issues.

Glad of that and even more glad he's not ending up back in TO.

Darlofletch
08-01-2011, 06:00 PM
haven't read thorugh the thread, an ma very very drunk so all I'll say is...Good god no!

jloome
08-01-2011, 07:49 PM
No, it's Ruiz being unhappy at the way he feels he is being treated by the fans so he wants to leave ... or at least that is the impression I've been getting via other sites etc etc etc.

Novak is sympathizing with him as he feels bad about losing one of his offensive threats but this is Ruiz's move, not Novak's.

Some insight might be gained in this thread. http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1700214&page=12

There is some talk of racist epitath's being thrown at Ruiz from the Philly supporters. Who knows. Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't but something convinced Ruiz to get out of Philly.

Epithets. Epitaphs are what they throw after him now that he's gone.:D

Blizzard
08-02-2011, 02:29 AM
Epithets. Epitaphs are what they throw after him now that he's gone.:D

Ooops

Brooker
08-02-2011, 03:25 AM
Andy!

trane
08-02-2011, 09:48 AM
How exactly would he fit in our system, he is not a Target Man CF, nor a speedy WF/SS type, nor realy a CAM?

Yohan
08-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Ruiz would play similar to santos with less diving. And he got sold to veracruz in mexican second div