PDA

View Full Version : FC Dallas get jersey sponsor (FedEx)

Damien
07-07-2008, 01:20 PM
http://bp3.blogger.com/_plt_LafzKm0/SHJV3f4arrI/AAAAAAAAAT4/Mtr6_b3IMog/s1600-h/fcdallas+copy.jpg
http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/07/sponsors-fc-dallas-to-unveil-shirt.html

flatpicker
07-07-2008, 01:28 PM
works for me...

TicTacTabarnack
07-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Muah ... Purolator's still shipping our game ball.

Parkdale
07-07-2008, 01:33 PM
It fits well with their crest colours. I think it's a great fit.

yellowfellow
07-07-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't care...I am just looking forward to Aug 3 and smoke them 4-0 again.

sweetlemon69
07-07-2008, 01:45 PM
weeeeeeee tfc news?

Damien
07-07-2008, 02:12 PM
weeeeeeee tfc news?

TFC's official FC Dallas sponsor is FedEx

Keystone FC
07-07-2008, 04:06 PM
So only the Revs, SJ, Rapids, and KC are left without sponsors. Not bad.

profit89
07-07-2008, 04:16 PM
http://bp3.blogger.com/_plt_LafzKm0/SHJV3f4arrI/AAAAAAAAAT4/Mtr6_b3IMog/s1600-h/fcdallas+copy.jpg
http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/07/sponsors-fc-dallas-to-unveil-shirt.html

Cool. Step in the right direction for MLS.

Canary Canuck
07-07-2008, 04:20 PM
It was a tad ignorant for MLS to ban shirt sponsors for so long in this league. They thought it would look mickey mouse to the casual fans they were trying to target yet the only thing mickey mouse were the lame team names. I'd say having shirt sponsors gives the league even MORE legitimacy and the added revenue covers the majority of a team's player salaries for the year. However, they better not go overboard and turn the uniforms into human billboards like they do in the Mexican league.

Azerban
07-07-2008, 04:37 PM
weeeeeeee tfc news?

hmmm if only this subforum was titled Toronto FC & MLS General Discussion

Cambridge_Red
07-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Shirt sponsors were inevitable. Just as long as they stick to the traditional 1 sponsor it shouldn't make a big deal. Just don't go crazy my CD FAS jersey from El Salvador is ruined by sponsors.

ricciboy
07-07-2008, 04:56 PM
how about changing it to nike or umbro and stop copying how every jersey in the mls is the same

Keystone FC
07-07-2008, 05:14 PM
It was a tad ignorant for MLS to ban shirt sponsors for so long in this league. They thought it would look mickey mouse to the casual fans they were trying to target yet the only thing mickey mouse were the lame team names. I'd say having shirt sponsors gives the league even MORE legitimacy and the added revenue covers the majority of a team's player salaries for the year. However, they better not go overboard and turn the uniforms into human billboards like they do in the Mexican league.

I actually wouldn't mind if it came to Mexican type of sponsorship. The more sponsors the more money the more stable a club is.

ManUtd4ever
07-07-2008, 05:23 PM
The FC Dallas jersey looks sharp with the FedEx sponsorship logo...

Dirk Diggler
07-07-2008, 05:42 PM
I actually wouldn't mind if it came to Mexican type of sponsorship. The more sponsors the more money the more stable a club is.

I don't think MLSE is in danger of going bankrupt anytime soon.

Canary Canuck
07-07-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't think MLSE is in danger of going bankrupt anytime soon.

Not MLSE, but for teams like KC and Columbus that lose money it might make sense.

Personally, I'm surprised New England hasn't slapped a Gillette or Kraft logo on their jersey yet.

BlackNRedHead
07-07-2008, 11:16 PM

They didn't ban them, MLS had shirt sponsors on the back for years but they were small and they were league wide. The way MLS tells it they were waiting until the front of the shirts would have value and each club its own distinct brand. Keep in mind, 10 years ago the only thing that separate Columbus from Chicago and LA was a very short history. To most people MLS was the "brand" so sponsors didnt want to offer real money for the front of jerseys for individual clubs.

Oldtimer
07-08-2008, 07:52 AM
It's good news, more money = higher salary cap down the road.

FWIW, FedEx is a very logical choice for FCD. Their North American hub is in Dallas, making them a local sponsor with a national presence.

Pachuco
07-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Guys, it's MLS-Rumors. And they admit they are guessing at who the sponsor is. This is as good as no news.

Carts
07-09-2008, 06:41 AM
Hopefully it is true, and is a major company like FedEx or UPS...

More sponsor money is a positive step for their franchise and the league as a whole...

The sponsor could be the WaffleHouse or a giant bottle of Aunt Jamaima Syrup for all I care - if companies are paying to be a part of a MLS team, its positive...

Although I guess if the local rub'n'tug sponsored, it might not be a too positive in the mainstream media LOL...

Carts...