PDA

View Full Version : Mr Anselmi - I want to be the NYRBs of the North

Pookie
07-29-2011, 03:39 PM
(Before everyone goes all Hans Backe on my arse, let me clarify.)

Mr Anselmi,

All the platitudes and promises of improved performance aside, I am concerned about our franchise. With all due respect, I feel as though my pocket book has been gouged and I would like it to end.

As a proud TFC supporter, it hurts to say this but I feel as though we should emulate the NY Red Bulls when it comes to ticket pricing. In short, your base pricing is ridiculous. Further, charging me extra, at a "loyalty price", when the team qualifies for additional events is pretty hard to take when fans in NY get those games for free.

The model we had was as follows:

Cost per MLS game + Cost per CCL game = season ticket price
* additional playoff tickets are extra

The model we have is now:

Cost per MLS game = season ticket price
* additional CCL games are extra
** additional playoff tickets are extra

With the NYRB's low base ticket price relative to ours, your model makes the total cost to support TFC even more ridiculous on an annual basis.

As an example, a ticket in 106 at BMO costs about $1000 per year. That doesn't include CCL games or playoff games. If I buy them at $50 a pop (as an example) and there are at least 3 additional games, I've added another $150 to my total cost. That's just for one ticket.

That same ticket in New York costs $530 per year and gets me ALL home playoff matches and a bonus event with no additional charges. As a STH in New York, I know that I will be able to see all the games that my team qualifies for and I don't feel gouged in the process.

Why am I paying double what a fan of the Red Bulls pays in this league which is driven by the principle of revenue sharing?

Let's compare ticket prices in various vantage points:

Supporters
TFC - $433 ($376 Renewal)
NYRB - $320

Medium Grey
TFC - $750 ($678 Renewal)
NYRB - $400

North Stand
TFC - $959 ($876 Renewal)
NYRB - $340

MidField (Not Club)
TFC - $1464 ($1358 Renewal)
NYRB - $720

... the more I compare, the more frustrated I get. Remember, their base prices include home playoff matches and a "bonus event." Mr Anselmi, your 2012 price freeze amounts to nothing.

I want to be treated on par to a fan in New York. Forget the I want part, I deserve a lower base price using the NYRB mode and I deserve additional games being included in my package at that same base price.

Of course, CCL and MLS playoffs are different, or so I've heard. I've never seen a MLS playoff game live so I'll go on hearsay. That said, you have a choice as to which games you would include and would it be a stretch to think you could one up NY and provide them ALL? I'll carry on while you mull that one over.

Judging by the 9,000 in attendance the other night and the thousands that have purchased a ticket but don't show up for regular MLS matches... causing you concern regarding renewals... I'd say that we should both be clear that your model is in need of revisiting.

Suds
07-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Sadly, I doubt there were 9,000 people there on Wednesday.

Unless there is a massive non renewal of tickets this year prices will remain the same or go up. That's the plain reality of it.

sashavukelich
07-29-2011, 03:49 PM
:) may it long work.

My life is actually taking me to Vancouver this upcoming year and i tend to buy a ticket and cheer for those fellas (except when they play TFC). i think the White Caps have a much more fair pricing scheme as well

__wowza
07-29-2011, 03:52 PM
pooks, i think you're on to something, but i have to point this out:

we're victims of our own success.

MLSE will keep charging us as long as we're willing to pay. a lot of the teams that have the best, most flexible ticket packages are teams that can't fill their stadium to capacity. im not saying that teams who can pack a stadium still arent selling tickets, but you know what i mean.

i expect no real change, but i dont get fired up about it because i only go to live games when i can get tickets for free, or cheap as hell, and im sorry to say, but should i go to every game this year looking for tickets on forums or stubhub, i'd probably being paying a significant amount less than SSH's are.

im sorry to say, but the only time we're going to see this change is when attendance consistently dips under 12k. till then, nothing to be done.

Beach_Red
07-29-2011, 04:10 PM
MLSE will keep charging us as long as we're willing to pay.

Yes. The question is, what will they do when not enough people are willing to pay?

I like Pookie's suggestions.

TFC Cityboy
07-29-2011, 04:28 PM
great letter, Pookie. I'd suggest you email it to Tom A if you haven't already done so

Pookie
07-29-2011, 04:32 PM
^ got an address? ;)

PopePouri
07-29-2011, 04:45 PM
I'd like to know if the Red Bulls are making a profit given all their DPs and the amount of people in the stands.

Pookie
07-29-2011, 04:50 PM
^ As of 2009, only TFC and Seattle turned an operating profit. That said, with revenue sharing within the league, it's hard to say whether any club actually lost money. There were 2 new teams and a multi-million dollar expansion fee to share.

Klinsmann
07-29-2011, 04:55 PM
^ got an address? ;)

Could this be him on linked in?
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=16122015&authType=name&authToken=S0Qi&locale=en_US&pvs=pp&trk=ppro_viewmore

BFin
07-29-2011, 04:56 PM
:) may it long work.

My life is actually taking me to Vancouver this upcoming year and i tend to buy a ticket and cheer for those fellas (except when they play TFC). i think the White Caps have a much more fair pricing scheme as well

Why?

Beach_Red
07-29-2011, 04:59 PM
^ As of 2009, only TFC and Seattle turned an operating profit. That said, with revenue sharing within the league, it's hard to say whether any club actually lost money. There were 2 new teams and a multi-million dollar expansion fee to share.

It would be as impossible as trying to find out of a movie made a profit. As long as whoever is behind the business is willing to keep it operating we have to assume they're either making a profit or the business is serving another purpose the owners deem worthwhile, so they might as well have as many paying customers as possible.

ensco
07-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Dear Pookie:

Save your breath. There's nothing wrong that going .500 down the stretch won't fix. Trust me, Toronto ticket buyers are sheeple, we know a fair bit about it.

There'll be no price cuts on my watch. We don't do that here. You can take this up with my successor, if I'm wrong.

Sincerely
Fake Tom

Pachuco
07-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Why is supply and demand so difficult to understand? I don't want my tickets to cost less because NY pays less. I want my tickets to cost less because the demand in this city has decreased significantly for these tickets.

It's irrelevant how much NY charges. It's always been irrelevant and it will continue to be so. It's the same way car prices in the States are irrelevant. This isn't anything new.

Oh, and if I was a business owner, I sure heck would charge as much as a customer is willing to pay for my product.

BFin
07-29-2011, 05:09 PM
I think Supply and Demand goes out the window when you're trying desperately to hock tickets via email blasts on gameday.

GBV
07-29-2011, 05:39 PM
Oh, and if I was a business owner, I sure heck would charge as much as a customer is willing to pay for my product.

I think sports teams are a bit different because of the emotional attachment.
A little bit of goodwill can go a long, long way.

If I was owner of a sports team, I'd rather have the stadium full for a lower ticket price than 80 per cent full for a higher one.
(Even if the 80 per cent thing works out to more money from ticket sales.)

Seeing full stadiums on TV --there is no better ad to get people to want to go.
That, and the more people there, the more overpriced crap you sell.

Shakes McQueen
07-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Why is supply and demand so difficult to understand? I don't want my tickets to cost less because NY pays less. I want my tickets to cost less because the demand in this city has decreased significantly for these tickets.

It's irrelevant how much NY charges. It's always been irrelevant and it will continue to be so. It's the same way car prices in the States are irrelevant. This isn't anything new.

Pretty much sums it up. MLSE will charge that they can for tickets. If you don't like it, then vote with your wallet.

If ST renewals and walk-up purchases continue to dry up, they will be forced to respond.

- Scott

Darlofletch
07-29-2011, 06:13 PM
(Before everyone goes all Hans Backe on my arse, let me clarify.)

Mr Anselmi,

All the platitudes and promises of improved performance aside, I am concerned about our franchise. With all due respect, I feel as though my pocket book has been gouged and I would like it to end.

As a proud TFC supporter, it hurts to say this but I feel as though we should emulate the NY Red Bulls when it comes to ticket pricing. In short, your base pricing is ridiculous. Further, charging me extra, at a "loyalty price", when the team qualifies for additional events is pretty hard to take when fans in NY get those games for free.

The model we had was as follows:

Cost per MLS game + Cost per CCL game = season ticket price
* additional playoff tickets are extra

The model we have is now:

Cost per MLS game = season ticket price
* additional CCL games are extra
** additional playoff tickets are extra

With the NYRB's low base ticket price relative to ours, your model makes the total cost to support TFC even more ridiculous on an annual basis.

As an example, a ticket in 106 at BMO costs about $1000 per year. That doesn't include CCL games or playoff games. If I buy them at $50 a pop (as an example) and there are at least 3 additional games, I've added another $150 to my total cost. That's just for one ticket.

That same ticket in New York costs $530 per year and gets me ALL home playoff matches and a bonus event with no additional charges. As a STH in New York, I know that I will be able to see all the games that my team qualifies for and I don't feel gouged in the process.

Why am I paying double what a fan of the Red Bulls pays in this league which is driven by the principle of revenue sharing?

Let's compare ticket prices in various vantage points:

Supporters
TFC - $433 ($376 Renewal)
NYRB - $320

Medium Grey
TFC - $750 ($678 Renewal)
NYRB - $400

North Stand
TFC - $959 ($876 Renewal)
NYRB - $340

MidField (Not Club)
TFC - $1464 ($1358 Renewal)
NYRB - $720

... the more I compare, the more frustrated I get. Remember, their base prices include home playoff matches and a "bonus event." Mr Anselmi, your 2012 price freeze amounts to nothing.

I want to be treated on par to a fan in New York. Forget the I want part, I deserve a lower base price using the NYRB mode and I deserve additional games being included in my package at that same base price.

Of course, CCL and MLS playoffs are different, or so I've heard. I've never seen a MLS playoff game live so I'll go on hearsay. That said, you have a choice as to which games you would include and would it be a stretch to think you could one up NY and provide them ALL? I'll carry on while you mull that one over.

Judging by the 9,000 in attendance the other night and the thousands that have purchased a ticket but don't show up for regular MLS matches... causing you concern regarding renewals... I'd say that we should both be clear that your model is in need of revisiting.

erm, you do remember that the season ticket price did include ccl games. then everyone flipped out, so they took them out and reduced the price?

the pricing of it is a seperate issue, and well worth complaining about, but really? now people are complaining that ccl games aren't in the season ticket? really?

John Stamos
07-29-2011, 06:24 PM
^ got an address? ;)
An address?

Send it to the Air Canada Centre addressed to his name snail mail. Clean up your word structure if you want him to take it serious though. Include return a address or your e-mail with it too (you'd be surprised how many people don't).

gomesv
07-29-2011, 06:42 PM
^ got an address? ;)

Yes in fact I do........residential or business

gomesv
07-29-2011, 06:49 PM
erm, you do remember that the season ticket price did include ccl games. then everyone flipped out, so they took them out and reduced the price?

the pricing of it is a seperate issue, and well worth complaining about, but really? now people are complaining that ccl games aren't in the season ticket? really?

How could you read what pookie wrote and still be so confused as to what he's saying......in NY they are still included but at a cheaper price then what we pay..... include the tickets AND still reduce the prices.....only option or I'm walking

Have said this before.... I will still show up to almost every game...better seats probably and all for cheaper than I paid this year:yum::D:D

Pookie
07-29-2011, 07:11 PM

I addressed that in the original post.

The old model essentially took a per game MLS price + a per game CCL price and came up with a total.

So, for argument's sake, if my 106 ticket cost me $1,000 and 4 CCL games were worth $60 each, they would have charged me $1,240.

Folks objected to that so they took out the $240 and charged me $1,000. Now, if I want to see those CCL games, I still have to pay that extra $240.

Smoke and mirrors. I'm not saving anything.

In the NYRB model, they charge $530 and include extra games. I therefore do not need to shell out for another set of games. $530 is my annual cost.

Pookie
07-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Pretty much sums it up. MLSE will charge that they can for tickets. If you don't like it, then vote with your wallet.

If ST renewals and walk-up purchases continue to dry up, they will be forced to respond.

- Scott

At what point does the league start to care?

If we have 19,000 tickets sold for every game and 2,000 to 3,000 folks not showing up, it puts the league's revenue in jeopardy going forward.

Considering MLSE is an Owner-operator and that revenue is shared, I've got to think that there is a point where the Owner themselves gets involved.

Nuvinho
07-29-2011, 07:38 PM
What I want to see is what they do if we make it to the group stages of the CL. If they only got 9,000 people for one qualifier and now you want people to buy 3 more games - lets see how that works out for them.

Yohan
07-29-2011, 08:33 PM
What I want to see is what they do if we make it to the group stages of the CL. If they only got 9,000 people for one qualifier and now you want people to buy 3 more games - lets see how that works out for them.
Buy 2 games, get the third for free... How's that for getting bums in the seats

Dave67
07-29-2011, 08:36 PM
At what point does the league start to care? ...

Never? Maybe 10 years down the road. TFC still set the standard for new clubs to follow. I suspect they are untouchable for a long long time in MLS. I doubt one or two slow nights attendance wise will even show up as a blip on the radar.

Does MLS even get a cut on this phase of the tourney with TFC? Aren't we the Canadian representative. Would it be the CSA who should be concerned. I don't know, just curious.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Well said Pookie!

I always refer to Tom's "market value" speech.

Well Tom, the quality of your football club is not close to the price I'm currently paying.

Therefore, next season I will be cutting my seasons tickets in half (from 4 to 2) to get my market value.

Nice work Tom, you've killed the Golden Goose, you numpty.

Oldtimer
07-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Sadly, I doubt there were 9,000 people there on Wednesday.

Unless there is a massive non renewal of tickets this year prices will remain the same or go up. That's the plain reality of it.

Trust me, there will be a "massive non renewal of tickets."

Super
07-29-2011, 11:04 PM

Probably yes, but I do think that it's possible to finish the year strong and win back a lot of people. Not sure if we'll be able to turn things around, but it sure would be great walking into the off-season with positive vibes around the team - and that includes strong season ticket sales. Sure, I love the idea of punishing FO as much as the next guy, but the idea of thousands of empty seats on game day just plain sucks. So I'm hoping for the best, and that is success for the team - and then have people return to BMO. Let's not forget that it won't take much success before the whole city will rally around the team once more. Most people left not because of cost, but because of a shit product. Now with a new squad, hopefully we'll see that better product and all will be well again. Nothing I love more than a packed and pumped BMO - especially when we're winning. :scarf:

J .
07-30-2011, 01:00 AM
hey, this is Toronto and they compare it to prices of other sports, but at least we are playing attacking football now.

Fort York Redcoat
07-30-2011, 03:43 AM
NYRB of the North.

without the shitty commercial right in the name of the club, right?

Stryker
07-30-2011, 03:47 AM

And personally I'm ok with that. While it will be a real shame to see half empty stands for a couple of seasons at least the people who are real fans will be able to get season tickets.
Also a plus that the scalpers will loose interest.

Pookie
07-30-2011, 07:11 AM
hey, this is Toronto and they compare it to prices of other sports, but at least we are playing attacking football now.

This comparison to other sports is fine but it isn't the full picture.

It's one thing to compare market prices. It's another to completely omit the market itself from the comparison.

MLSE sells tickets to the Leafs in a Corporate market.

MLSE sells tickets to Toronto FC in a Consumer market.

Leaf buyers paid tens of thousands for Personal Seat Licenses on top of annual season ticket prices that are also well into the 4 and 5 digits. A smattering of individuals may fork that over. A large percentage of their season ticket base is corporate in nature.

Is there anyone out there that really believes that the bulk of Toronto FC buyers would be willing to do the same?

Different markets, different prices.

Nuvinho
07-30-2011, 07:46 AM
Buy 2 games, get the third for free... How's that for getting bums in the seats

that still won't help.

As well, does anyone know if you are allowed to split up the tix you have, in the past you weren't. For example, I had 3 sets of tickets in 3 different areas - for these type of games last year, I only wanted 1 set, they said I had to take all.

menefreghista
07-30-2011, 08:20 AM
that still won't help.

As well, does anyone know if you are allowed to split up the tix you have, in the past you weren't. For example, I had 3 sets of tickets in 3 different areas - for these type of games last year, I only wanted 1 set, they said I had to take all.

I'm sure you can, but you have to call your account rep and ask.

torontocelt
07-30-2011, 08:27 AM
And personally I'm ok with that. While it will be a real shame to see half empty stands for a couple of seasons at least the people who are real fans will be able to get season tickets.
Also a plus that the scalpers will loose interest.

You could argue that people who have bought tickets for the past five years are 'real fans', you could argue that they are not renewing as for the last five years the club has been mismanaged and the football has been shit with no on field progress. If people decide not to renew it is not because they are not 'real fans', it is because they are sick of five years of continued inferior product and whopping price increases despite no on field improvement. Still if people still want to band around the 'real fan' term then whatever floats your boat.

SuperTCP
07-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Great letter, the more I read it the more pissed off i became. Also FO Ticket Agents have started calling some ticket holders informing them of time change to a game and asking if you are planning to renew. Regardless if you are planning to renew or not, tell them hell no, unless something is done with the prices.

Nuvinho
07-30-2011, 09:17 AM
You could argue that people who have bought tickets for the past five years are 'real fans', you could argue that they are not renewing as for the last five years the club has been mismanaged and the football has been shit with no on field progress. If people decide not to renew it is not because they are not 'real fans', it is because they are sick of five years of continued inferior product and whopping price increases despite no on field improvement. Still if people still want to band around the 'real fan' term then whatever floats your boat.

+1

I hate the term 'real fans'

Greatest Ripoff
07-30-2011, 10:50 AM

Being a fan means supporting your team when they are shit and not only when they are good or new.

Suds
07-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Being a fan means supporting your team when they are shit and not only when they are good or new.

well, by that definition I guess anyone who supports TFC is a "real fan" then ... we've been supporting a shit team for years :D

Once we start winning I'm out. I don't want to be a plastic. :rolleyes:

Alixir
07-30-2011, 12:17 PM
problem is that MLSE doesn't give a fuck about anything but the bottom line and that bottom line is $$$$$

Waggy
07-30-2011, 12:19 PM
^ got an address? ;)

A little birdie once told me most all maple leaf sports email addresses are the same as every corporate email address.

first initial.lastname@companyname. ca/com (whatever the website is)

torontocelt
07-30-2011, 12:38 PM

Tell me something we dont all know. Paying money to a company who have priced hiked 100% in 5 years despite no on field progress does not make you a superior supporter.

Laurignano
07-30-2011, 12:59 PM

Am I a "real fan" if I don't renew my tickets but still watch them on T.V.?

Pachuco
07-30-2011, 01:01 PM
At what point does the league start to care?

If we have 19,000 tickets sold for every game and 2,000 to 3,000 folks not showing up, it puts the league's revenue in jeopardy going forward.

Considering MLSE is an Owner-operator and that revenue is shared, I've got to think that there is a point where the Owner themselves gets involved.

Even more the reason why I don't understand the basis of your argument. NY wants TFC (as well as every other team in the league) to charge as much as they can. They don't want TFC modeling NY's ticket prices. If NY could charge more, they would. But they can't sell out a stadium after spending millions of dollars on two world class players. If NY starts selling out, and we can't get bums in seats, the last thing I want MLSE saying is we are going to charge you as much as much as NY charges because it's a revenue sharing league.

I just don't understand your connection there at all.

Everyone agrees tickets are to expensive. Making comparisons to NY is irrelevant. They are expensive because people aren't buying tickets as they used to.

ryan
07-30-2011, 01:04 PM
NYRB of the North.

without the shitty commercial right in the name of the club, right?

Nah. Lets change our club name to Toronto Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment Club.

Laurignano
07-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Even more the reason why I don't understand the basis of your argument. NY wants TFC (as well as every other team in the league) to charge as much as they can. They don't want TFC modeling NY's ticket prices. If NY could charge more, they would. But they can't sell out a stadium after spending millions of dollars on two world class players. If NY starts selling out, and we can't get bums in seats, the last thing I want MLSE saying is we are going to charge you as much as much as NY charges because it's a revenue sharing league.

I just don't understand your connection there at all.

Everyone agrees tickets are to expensive. Making comparisons to NY is irrelevant. They are expensive because people are buying tickets as they used to.

Pachuco I agree comparing to NYC is irrelevant as they are a different situations. However, I think we can all agree it would be NICE if MLSE would actually lower the prices and put a better product on the field. There is no justifiable reason for the significant increase in pricing since our inaugural season.

Fort York Redcoat
07-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Am I a "real fan" if I don't renew my tickets but still watch them on T.V.?

That depends. Would you rather be at the game but can't for various readsons?

Then yes.

TFCin110
07-30-2011, 01:19 PM
^^I agree with Pachuco. The comparison to NYRB ticket prices is tiresome and irrelevant. MLSE is a business. They sell their tickets at that price because that is what people will pay for their product. MLSE will lower ticket prices when their bottom line is being effected. I think a letter to the supporters asking them not to renew is more suitable.

Joe Kool
07-30-2011, 01:49 PM
The problem with MLSE running the show is that they have to report to their investors so they have to show some sort of profit/revenue at a certain margin as they forecasted. This is a very different model to a single owner type of environment. I see it all the time at my work because they make decisions to show the investors a good return and those decisions seem to not always follow common sense. I have no idea how the MLSE business model is set up but I am not holding my breath for a price reduction. Just having a guaranteed freeze for next year was probably a big hit for them in their forecasting. I wish it was different but I have no optimism that things will change that drastically.

Batman
07-30-2011, 03:26 PM
^ got an address? ;)

there..you have it.

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment
50 Bay St., Suite 500
Toronto, ON
M5J 2L2

Main Telephone: 416-815-5400

I like the letter.

Pookie
07-30-2011, 04:12 PM
^ thanks. I will be following up on it.

As for why NY?

The reason is simple. NY is another major sports market which has a variety of teams. If the measuring stick used to set prices is the other sports in the market, the Red Bulls have realized that they cannot compete with the Rangers, Yankees, Knicks, Mets, Giants, and Jets. They have their own market and have to price it accordingly.

As do we. TFC is not a product for the corporate market. We are not the Leafs. While we do have sponsors and a few corporate holders, it is a product for grass roots fans, non-profit soccer organizations and the like.

I could use LA, who also give 3 free bonus games which have included (MLS Playoffs, Chelsea, Real Madrid) and still have lower ticket pricing. It really doesn't matter who we use. The fact is we are leading in the league in prices and our attendance is about to fall through the floor. There is no more wait list. There are no more sellouts and the tickets they do sell, 3,000 of the folks that buy them generally don't bother to show up. Think they will buy again next year?

We know it and MLSE has to know it.

In a revenue sharing league, TFC is about to become a have not. It is in the interest of the league to fix this. Higher volumes at lower prices is better than declining volumes at high prices. NY is the model we need to aim for.

gomesv
07-30-2011, 04:14 PM
there..you have it.

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment
50 Bay St., Suite 500
Toronto, ON
M5J 2L2

Main Telephone: 416-815-5400

I like the letter.

And if you want the residential address to make it a little more personal let me know.....of course I won't post it on this board.....nobody deserves that:canada:

Batman
07-30-2011, 04:23 PM
^ thanks. I will be following up on it.

As for why NY?

The reason is simple. NY is another major sports market which has a variety of teams. If the measuring stick used to set prices is the other sports in the market, the Red Bulls have realized that they cannot compete with the Rangers, Yankees, Knicks, Mets, Giants, and Jets. They have their own market and have to price it accordingly.

As do we. TFC is not a product for the corporate market. We are not the Leafs. While we do have sponsors and a few corporate holders, it is a product for grass roots fans, non-profit soccer organizations and the like.

I could use LA, who also give 3 free bonus games which have included (MLS Playoffs, Chelsea, Real Madrid) and still have lower ticket pricing. It really doesn't matter who we use. The fact is we are leading in the league in prices and our attendance is about to fall through the floor. There is no more wait list. There are no more sellouts and the tickets they do sell, 3,000 of the folks that buy them generally don't bother to show up. Think they will buy again next year?

In a revenue sharing league, TFC is about to become a have not. It is in the interest of the league to fix this. Higher volumes at lower prices is better than declining volumes at high prices. NY is the model we need to aim for.

good job, as it doesn't make much sense just posting it here and preaching to the converted.

Beach_Red
07-30-2011, 04:23 PM
TFC is not a product for the corporate market. We are not the Leafs. While we do have sponsors and a few corporate holders, it is a product for grass roots fans, non-profit soccer organizations and the like.

You're right. The system MLSE has been using clearly isn't going to work going forward so it's a good time to come up with something new. If it's something they can put a positive spin on like, "a partnership with supporters and non-profit soccer organizations," it could work.

Waggy
07-30-2011, 04:50 PM
And if you want the residential address to make it a little more personal let me know.....of course I won't post it on this board.....nobody deserves that:canada:

WE'RE GOING EGGING!!!

:noidea:

:eek:

:facepalm:

ElvistheEvilScotsman
07-30-2011, 05:08 PM
word is from a little birdie that used to be on the inside is the email address is:

tanselmi@mapleleafsports.com

gomesv
07-30-2011, 05:12 PM
WE'RE GOING EGGING!!!

:noidea:

:eek:

:facepalm:

LMAO :D

ElvistheEvilScotsman
07-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Too bad they didnt ask Tom the same question after day 2 on the job.

http://www.theaircanadacentre.com/assets/default/anselmi_bio060510.jpg

(http://www.theaircanadacentre.com/assets/default/anselmi_bio060510.jpg)

Joe Kool
07-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Too bad they didnt ask Tom the same question after day 2 on the job.

http://www.theaircanadacentre.com/assets/default/anselmi_bio060510.jpg

(http://www.theaircanadacentre.com/assets/default/anselmi_bio060510.jpg)

Maybe we need someone who knows how to win....like Charlie Sheen. He is bi-winning so it could be even better.

menefreghista
07-30-2011, 05:30 PM
That Anselmi bio is vomit inducing.

TFCin110
07-30-2011, 05:36 PM
I've met Anselmi a few times at various MLSE functions and around BMO and the ACC. He's actually a really nice guy. Very approachable and willing to carry on a conversation.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
07-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Drumroll for a fake Tom entry....

Toronto_Bhoy
07-30-2011, 09:07 PM
"It will be an incredible experience to see these teams win".

He's worked for this company for 15 years and he's giving us the "will be"???

Get ta fuck Tom!

billyfly
07-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Out of the 4 tickets in 112 sounds like only 1 will be renewed.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Out of the 4 tickets in 112 sounds like only 1 will be renewed.

2 of 4 in 207

Klinsmann
08-26-2011, 03:53 PM
thanks to guy that threw this pitch at the dunk tank!!!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6064/6071302365_4ed8427e5d_o.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6194/6071850372_0341d9b77b_o.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6186/6071310399_16d4e006d5_o.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6191/6071858964_f3bc266bde_o.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6183/6071862964_339f94466f_o.jpg

Klinsmann
08-26-2011, 03:54 PM
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6183/6071862964_339f94466f_o.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6191/6071870626_2a289596c0_o.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6202/6071880110_7b5d604cca_o.jpg

Shakes McQueen
08-26-2011, 03:56 PM
Part of me kind of gives him big props for wearing a full suit and tie in a dunk tank, haha.

It's also kind of funny that he and Peddie knew people would pay to dunk them.

- Scott

Mikey
08-26-2011, 03:58 PM
no pirahanas?.... I was told there would be pirahanas....unless they meant Anselmi and Peddie

Auzzy
08-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Oh no, my browser, very high-res photos... ;)