PDA

View Full Version : De Rosario to Join Hutchison in Copenhagen?

ensco
07-07-2008, 11:39 AM
story in the Danish press.....

http://www.sporten.dk/fodbold/sas-ligaen-20082009/se-videoen-fck-kigger-pa-spektakulaer-canadier

werewolf
07-07-2008, 11:43 AM
thats rather interesting at this point in his career. Would make the game in Sept. a bit easier.

The Pope
07-07-2008, 11:44 AM
saw this rumoured last week, no more Dero in MLS

the league is worse off for it

They need to raise the cap so we don't lose players like this

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Dunno if itll happen, i can remember him saying that he had his chance in europe and he wants to stay here now because hes got a small family etc

SilverSamurai
07-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Good for him.
Even though he's now 30, it's a chance for him to make a payday.
He def. deserves it.

Billy the kid
07-07-2008, 12:18 PM
I had read the rumour as well. I'm not going to pretend I understand much of that article. Does anyone know if it says he has been offered something or will he just be training with them on a trial basis right now?

Toronto Ruffrider
07-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Wow, that'll be a serious blow to Houston. Good on DeRo if he goes - he's been underpaid for most, if not all, of his MLS career.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-07-2008, 01:27 PM
He's some player…would love to have seen him here

WvwDR-Ab1Ac&eurl

ensco
07-07-2008, 01:38 PM
I had read the rumour as well. I'm not going to pretend I understand much of that article. Does anyone know if it says he has been offered something or will he just be training with them on a trial basis right now?

It's strictly a rumour. The manager of the team said the equivalent of "no comment".

Euro papers are a festival of this kind of talk right now, 90% of these don't happen (Arshavin to Real! Ronaldinho to Man City!) .

djking2
07-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Sounds to me like MLS Rumors opened in Copenhagen

Smenge
07-07-2008, 03:45 PM
If he was as good as people here always claim, why would he consider a move to a lesser league? He is overated, and at his age, over the hill.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 03:47 PM
If he was as good as people here always claim, why would he consider a move to a lesser league? He is overated, and at his age, over the hill.

Because thats still a pretty big team that regularly makes it to champions league if not Uefa... Dunno if its a lesser league, prob on par

Canary Canuck
07-07-2008, 04:05 PM

Denmark is about even with MLS in terms of quality of play and Copenhagen is the superclub of the league. They're very rich and can pay big salaries. Considering in the past he turned down an offer from Blackburn because it was only for 6 months and Kevin Keegan quit Man City because the board wouldn't back him in signing DeRo, I'd say you're alone in calling him overrated.

king10
07-07-2008, 04:06 PM
copenhagen is a strong champions league quality team in an average league... a move their would be a step up for him... he would also make much more money

djking2
07-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Actually Copenhagen is a first round UEFA Cup team which is a long way from champions League

Ossington Mental Youth
07-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Actually Copenhagen is a first round UEFA Cup team which is a long way from champions League

They were in the CL last year and can possibly do it again. Regardless UEFA is still a step up from anything played on this continent.

djking2
07-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Yeah I didn't really want to knock Copenhagen. It's just that "champions league quality team" implies something a little different perhaps than just making an appearance in the tourney to me. I'd gladly put TFC up against a bunch of teams in the qualifying stages.