PDA

View Full Version : The new guys, game 2

Doucet3
07-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Now that the teams had a bit of time to gel what do you think of them?

Frings - 8.0 - again controlled the mid, simple as that
Koovs - 8.0 - getting match fitness back looking great and got a goal, along with fringes easily becoming a pair of my more favored players
Johnson - 8.0 - looked alot better then the first game
Both Viator and Iro played better but still need to improve a little, good games though

Just a side note I liked Henrys play tn

ag futbol
07-23-2011, 09:43 PM
I think those rankings are tad overstated.

In terms of a second game with the club struggling to gain fitness performances, neither DP player was bad. But on an absolute scale I'd give Frings performance today a six and Kovevermans a 7 purely based on that goal. Those other opportunities need to be finished, that's why we're paying him for. Both guys were laboring to keep up with the pace of the game. Fring particularly wasn't the brick wall in the middle as he was Wednesday against FCD. Couple of nice passes but not enough overall to save this performance IMO.

No argument on Johnson.

Both Viator and Iro made huge mistakes in the course of the game. Low marks for them all around. Erratic defending is a huge no-no.

Flipityflu
07-23-2011, 09:50 PM
did you notice we lost both games, the defense is a seive, and our midfield looks overwhelmed?

Shakes McQueen
07-23-2011, 09:53 PM
I'd give Johnson an 8.0, Koov a 7.5, and Frings a 7.

Iro and Viator I'd give 4, or maybe lower.

- Scott

kaos197O
07-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Now that the teams had a bit of time to gel what do you think of them?

Frings - 8.0 - again controlled the mid, simple as that
Koovs - 8.0 - getting match fitness back looking great and got a goal, along with fringes easily becoming a pair of my more favored players
Johnson - 8.0 - looked alot better then the first game
Both Viator and Iro played better but still need to improve a little, good games though

Just a side note I liked Henrys play tn
He likely looked better because he was played as a forward this time as opposed to a mid. Plata had a horrible game on the left on wednesday and it made Johnson seem worse than he actually was.

swan
07-23-2011, 09:55 PM
both games i thought Viator and Iro have sucked big time.. almost bad enough for gargan and harden..

hope they improve

ManUtd4ever
07-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Frings was solid, but not quite as good as the last match. Koevermans should have had a hat trick, but his positioning allowed him to be a threat. Johnson was dangerous on almost every possession, and displayed the type of form that made him San Jose's MVP two years ago. Iro was average at best, as he is still shaking off the rust. Viator was decent at breaking up plays, but he doesn't have the makeup of a natural RB. I question Winter's alignment on the backline.

SKB
07-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Koovs, Frings and Jefferson are good pick ups for the team. Viator only gives us some depth on the bench but is not a first line player. Iro is not the stud Central defender we are looking for. Good in the air, tough but his agility is poor, and he has a low soccer IQ. We now know why he was sitting on the bench with Columbus. Basically we have one good defender at the back Eckersley. Henry will become a good player just needs more time. One of real problems is at the left defender. Notice how many goals we give up from the left in the last 5 to 6 games. Tonight 3 were scored from the left side.

TFCREDNWHITE
07-23-2011, 11:17 PM
And I think it was the 3rd goal that Iro had no fucking clue where the defensive line was...also my grandma can run faster then him...he is crap.

justin
07-24-2011, 06:54 AM
Koovs, Frings and Jefferson are good pick ups for the team. Viator only gives us some depth on the bench but is not a first line player. Iro is not the stud Central defender we are looking for. Good in the air, tough but his agility is poor, and he has a low soccer IQ. We now know why he was sitting on the bench with Columbus. Basically we have one good defender at the back Eckersley. Henry will become a good player just needs more time. One of real problems is at the left defender. Notice how many goals we give up from the left in the last 5 to 6 games. Tonight 3 were scored from the left side.

we signed johnson, KC signed jefferson ;)

Pachuco
07-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Johnson 8
Koev - 7
Frings 6
Viator 5
Iro 4

Whoop
07-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Iro was the Crew MVP last year?!?