PDA

View Full Version : Leandre Griffit

MarkoftheDrink
07-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Any one know about his status? I've been reading he had an abdominal problem at Columbus. Will he be available tomorrow?

I'd be interested to see how he'd do as our 10.

Johnson - Da Koef - Soolsma

Frings - Griffit - Dunfield

Borman/Yourassowsky - Iro - Harden - Gargan

prizby
07-19-2011, 04:48 PM
no jdg, and slowsma over plata?

and seriously gargen over eckersley?

Jenkins12
07-19-2011, 04:54 PM

Eckersley is suspended..if his line-up is only talking about tomorrow

MarkoftheDrink
07-19-2011, 05:06 PM

Eckersley is on a one game suspension due to yellow card accumulation, so he's not an option. I don't think JDG is fit or part of the teams long term plans but playing him over Dunfield is an option. Soolsma over Plata is another that could go either way. I like having him off the bench so he can use his speed and not get worn down. Since we're playing again three days later, I don't think we should be playing JDG and Plata in both.

Alonso
07-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Eckersley is on a one game suspension due to yellow card accumulation, so he's not an option. I don't think JDG is fit or part of the teams long term plans but playing him over Dunfield is an option. Soolsma over Plata is another that could go either way. I like having him off the bench so he can use his speed and not get worn down. Since we're playing again three days later, I don't think we should be playing JDG and Plata in both.

This would be the way to go, especially with the heat we're going to have.

Let Dallas wear out and get all tired then throw Plata at them in the 60th! He's used to the heat and will run them ragged for 30 minutes straight...

JonO
07-19-2011, 05:22 PM
According to the injury report, Griffit is out and both JDG and Dunfield are "questionable". Even with our depth at midfield, selecting 3 starters is a challenge...

MarkoftheDrink
07-19-2011, 05:26 PM
According to the injury report, Griffit is out and both JDG and Dunfield are "questionable". Even with our depth at midfield, selecting 3 starters is a challenge...

Ugh.

Yourassowsky - Frings - Sturgis

???

Klinsmann
07-19-2011, 05:26 PM
If I remember correctly he played against the Reds during the reserve match against the Crew reserves too.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6133/5941639513_41cca79d69_b.jpg

MarkoftheDrink
07-19-2011, 05:31 PM
If I remember correctly he played against the Reds during the reserve match against the Crew reserves too.

Columbus Crew – Andy Gruenenbaum; Ben Sippola, Eric Gehrig, Andi Iro, Korey Veeder; Desan Rusmir (Chris Davis 53’), Cole Grossman, Andy Adlard, Leandre Griffit; Justin Meram, Andres Mendoza.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/04/reds-drop-reserve-opener

Yup, Andy too.

MarkoftheDrink
07-19-2011, 06:00 PM

Where did you read that?

INJURY REPORT: TORONTO FC — OUT: MF Elbekay Bouchiba (R knee surgery recovery); DF Adrian Cann (R knee sprain); DF Dicoy Williams (R knee surgery recovery); QUESTIONABLE: MF Julian de Guzman (L knee swelling); FW Maicon Santos (R hamstring strain) ... FC DALLAS — OUT: DF Edson Edward (R knee ACL tear); MF David Ferreira (R ankle); FW Maykel Galindo (R hamstring strain); QUESTIONABLE: MF Andrew Jacobson (R hamstring); PROBABLE: MF Daniel Hernandez (R knee)

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/07/reds-hoops-ready-return-fixture

cherono
07-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Just watched Winter's interview on the TFC site; pretty sure he said that of the new guys, only Dunfield was a doubt.

oxygenatedbrain
07-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Check Asif's twitter...the information about Griffit being on the IR came from a poster on another board who has access to such information...as I posted, I don't know if a club that acquires a player in that situation can activate that player earlier?
Bear in mind that the poster who "saw" Griffit looking so sharp in practice yesterday was at the wrong practice...the #13 looking so good was probably Keith Makubuya...

Flipityflu
07-19-2011, 06:39 PM
i heard on fan590 this afternoon that both Dunfield and Griffit were ruled out tomorrow

[NBF]
07-19-2011, 07:41 PM
-----------------------Frei-----------------------
Gargan-------Harden---------Iro-----------Borman
-------------------------------------------------
-------------Frings--------Yourassowsky----------
--------------------Johnson----------------------
Martina------------------------------------Santos
------------------Koevermans--------------------

bangersandmash
07-19-2011, 08:54 PM
;1343795']-----------------------Frei-----------------------
Gargan-------Harden---------Iro-----------Borman
-------------Frings--------Yourassowsky----------
--------------------Johnson----------------------
Martina------------------------------------Santos
------------------Koevermans--------------------

Isn't johnson supposed to have a stellar cross in from the wing? Play him on the wing. Have koevermans holding up balls for a centrally placed Santos to bury deep, deep in the back of the net.

MarkoftheDrink
07-19-2011, 11:41 PM
Hmm well hopefully we'll see him tomorrow, but who knows at this point, I'm guessing not. Still he seems like he could be a good solution at the 10.

Has Johnson ever played AM? I know he played ST and LF with San Jose.

Santos is (apparently) questionable for tomorrow (R hamstring strain).