PDA

View Full Version : Beer prices

jabbronies
07-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Can someone tell me what the cost of beer is at bmo?

Dave67
07-18-2011, 11:06 AM
100 pages.. coming right up. About 9.75 depending on what you buy.

Pigfynn
07-18-2011, 11:06 AM
6.75 small
10.25 medium
13.75 large

for draft

Dave67
07-18-2011, 11:08 AM
^ 9.75 is the price from the vendors in the stands selling Carlesburg. Is it really 13.75 at the counter for a large. Wow, that's awesome.

Carts
07-18-2011, 11:09 AM
The price of beer = too expensive...

BUT...

Not really too expensive because I still buy them... :drinking:

:( :facepalm: :( :facepalm: :( :facepalm: :(

ryan
07-18-2011, 11:30 AM
I just drink more pre-game so I'm too full to drink at the match.

MLSE can get bent with those prices.

tfcleeds
07-18-2011, 11:32 AM

BUT...

Funny how common sense often goes out the window upon entering a sports venue.

mdc 77
07-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Funny how common sense often goes out the window upon entering a sports venue.

Or just about any venue that sells beer.

kodiakTFC
07-18-2011, 11:38 AM

BUT...

+1

Pretty much everyone here is guilty of that. I drink before the game at Joes and buy 1 beer during the game. If the prices weren't so high i'd buy a second or third at the game.

maninb
07-18-2011, 11:39 AM
have several pre-game pints and bring in a flask of your favorite Scotch beverage....always works for me...MLSE can go fuck themselves with their over-priced shite!

__wowza
07-18-2011, 11:52 AM
$7 for a flask of whiskey
$.50 for gauze to tape the whiskey to the inside of my left leg.

Suds
07-18-2011, 11:56 AM
8.75 for tall cans in the beer garden

Carts
07-18-2011, 12:00 PM
8.75 for tall cans in the beer garden

This is something I do get...

$8.75 a tall can in the beer garden...

$9.25 tall can outside 109...

And that's for Canadian - so not a premium or imported beer...

Carts...

ryan
07-18-2011, 12:03 PM
One other thing about beer @ BMO that REALLY was fucking rage inducing.

After the CCL final, my mates and I wandered to the north end cause our friend was working in that area. We decided to wait for her by drinking in that post game area. No problems right?

Wrong.

We all buy a beer each, guys behind us buy 2 each. We grab a seat on the grass and are then told to chug our beers cause we have to leave in 5 minutes?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? The fucking chicks selling me beer couldn't have said we have 5 minutes before we bought them?

God damn were the guys who bought 2 beers pissed.

TFCRegina
07-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Rageohol is free. But that's just because MLSE hasn't figured out a way to bottle it yet.

Carts
07-18-2011, 12:06 PM
My BEER RANT...

Beer is expensive, I understand and accept that by purchasing it...

BUT, IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO POUR IT PROPERLY - LET ME DO IT...!!!

I'm spending $10 on a beer - I don't want 3/4 foam in the cup, and a bunch of it spilling over the edge...

They just turn the can upside down, then force it out by squishing the can - turning my ice cold $10 beer into a foamy mess, with quite a bit spilling over the side...

Arg!

Carts...

jabbronies
07-18-2011, 12:16 PM
My BEER RANT...

I'm spending $10 on a beer - I don't want 3/4 foam in the cup, and a bunch of it spilling over the edge...

They just turn the can upside down, then force it out by squishing the can - turning my ice cold $10 beer into a foamy mess, with quite a bit spilling over the side...

Arg!

Carts...

ya this pisses me off the most! I mean who the fuck teaches them to squeeze a can to get beer out of it?? It's not a fucking orange.

rocker
07-18-2011, 12:20 PM

After the CCL final, my mates and I wandered to the north end cause our friend was working in that area. We decided to wait for her by drinking in that post game area. No problems right?

Wrong.

We all buy a beer each, guys behind us buy 2 each. We grab a seat on the grass and are then told to chug our beers cause we have to leave in 5 minutes?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? The fucking chicks selling me beer couldn't have said we have 5 minutes before we bought them?

I was right there...... that was crazy. But the funny part was that one after another, each security guy walked by to remind everyone that there was only 5 minutes left to consume. After the third guard told us, a guy next to me was like "Yeah, I know, John already told me!"

ryan
07-18-2011, 12:35 PM
I was right there...... that was crazy. But the funny part was that one after another, each security guy walked by to remind everyone that there was only 5 minutes left to consume. After the third guard told us, a guy next to me was like "Yeah, I know, John already told me!"

We were probably sitting beside each other and didn't even know it.

I was on the grass beside that guy laughing at him...and the weird ginger kid filling up used beer cups with dirt while his parents encouraged him on. A shame that kid busted him trying to sneak out his beer, what a tight ass!

Unless of course that was you and your kid, which I'd imagine he has a fine future as a ...dirt collector... http://www.realsportszone.com/forum/images/smilies/shifty.gif

kodiakTFC
07-18-2011, 12:38 PM
My BEER RANT...

Arg!

Carts...

This is actually another trick to getting little to no foam, you turn a can upside down in a glass. It only works though if you dont squish the can I believe. Either way, it does work if you do it right. The girl behind 111 definitely does it right because I was shocked with how well it worked when she did it.

flatpicker
07-18-2011, 12:42 PM
^ As long as you hold the can close to the level of beer it usually works fine.

But if you're ever worried, just order a Tetley's... you can't have too much head on that beer.

Carts
07-18-2011, 12:45 PM
This is actually another trick to getting little to no foam, you turn a can upside down in a glass. It only works though if you dont squish the can I believe. Either way, it does work if you do it right. The girl behind 111 definitely does it right because I was shocked with how well it worked when she did it.

Everyone I have ever bought a beer from at BMO - doesn't do it right...

As possibly BMO Field's biggest beer consumer (ya I stand by that!) - I've bought from over 100 vendors over the 5-years, and all of them 'foam it up' way beyond what is acceptable - and spill WAY MORE than what is acceptable...

Carts...

jimiv
07-18-2011, 12:50 PM
My BEER RANT...

Arg!

Carts...

The Guy in 220 does this as well, I've stopped buying from him because of it.

bertal
07-18-2011, 12:53 PM
6.75 small
10.25 medium
13.75 large

for draft

at 13.75... you're better off drinking at home

Couchy81
07-18-2011, 01:09 PM

What is the size of the large? I got one last time and it seemed like quite a lot of beer. Would be interesting to see how much the cost per oz. is compared to a pitcher of beer at a bar.

ryan
07-18-2011, 01:23 PM
What is the size of the large? I got one last time and it seemed like quite a lot of beer. Would be interesting to see how much the cost per oz. is compared to a pitcher of beer at a bar.

Couple bucks cheaper at a place like Real Sports. Few bucks cheaper at any normal Toronto pub.

About 20% of the price from the beer store.

Ben - D.O.W.
07-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Everyone I have ever bought a beer from at BMO - doesn't do it right...

As possibly BMO Field's biggest beer consumer (ya I stand by that!) - I've bought from over 100 vendors over the 5-years, and all of them 'foam it up' way beyond what is acceptable - and spill WAY MORE than what is acceptable...

Carts...

Come to 110 - our beer guy does it right.

Toronto Ruffrider
07-18-2011, 02:46 PM

You could buy a six-pack of decent beer at the LCBO for that price.

pdogg
07-18-2011, 02:53 PM

On my way out of the NCC game I jotted down quickly the prices of all the different beers and it turned out the draught beer was the cheapest per ounce. The 14oz and 28oz were the cheapest and the 20oz was slightly more.

When it came down to the amount of alcohol, the draught was still the cheapest and then in the tallboys, I believe Strongbow was the winner. The smaller tall boys and coolers came in last.

I always just get the mini-pitchers at Shoeless before hand - $8 i think? I do see alot of people with the tallboys though, some other special going on.

TL;DR draught beer cheapest option at BMO; buy pitchers at bar instead. Time well wasted.

GBV
07-18-2011, 03:06 PM
draught is almost always cheaper everywhere. costs them shit all.

i've had heineken tall boys at shoeless prior to games. five bucks each. and those things are 2.55 each at TBS and LCBO.

five bucks for a 500ml can ... pretty good price ... especially for a big city.

9.75?
pricks.

my fave is when mine gets pulled from the ice ... and it's not even fucking remotely cold.

dig deep and rotate. geezus.

canadian_bhoy
07-18-2011, 03:17 PM
$5 tall boy beer tub at Joe's is the best deal in the city.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Beer is way over priced...and they know there is noting like a having a pint watching some footy...so they know we will buy it regardless the price......i remember a few years back..they ran out of beer.. fuking insane!

the most i have ever purchased at a game was 5 large....good thing my Uncle Visa was attending the game with me...

Could make for an interesting topic....What was the most beers anyone purchased at a game? :)

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-18-2011, 03:21 PM
$5 tall boy beer tub at Joe's is the best deal in the city.

In any city :drinking:

Davenport
07-18-2011, 03:28 PM
You could buy a six-pack of decent beer at the LCBO for that price.
There's a LCBO in Liberty Village, and a couple of quiet corners !
I havent bought a beer at BMO for 4 years.
It's piss and it's ridiculously expensive.

whyalwaysme11
07-18-2011, 03:48 PM
My BEER RANT...

Arg!

Carts...

AGREE 100%
Last game the guy was pouring my carlsberg hes like
"hey bro watch how fast this is"
flips two cans over inside the glasses
foam 3/4 makes a mess and beer was warm
than says "was that not cool or what"

if i ever see this again i will refuse to pay
useless; are they not trained before hand?
i complained to carlsberg last week for having popped cans at the lcbo
(ie frozen at one point which equals flat nasty crap)
i should complain about how their product is being served at bmo
they should have quality control all over that type of stuff as it adds to fan experience

just to be talking about this at 9.75 a beer is a disgrace
there should be no issues at that price

Limani_Ole
07-18-2011, 04:24 PM
watching tfc with no beers in you is painful...

flatpicker
07-18-2011, 04:28 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leahrazg5W1qziwcjo1_500.jpg

http://shipwrightsarms.com.au/pub/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/beer.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4072/4506480688_7dcde6703d.jpg

Torontotonto
07-18-2011, 05:09 PM
My BEER RANT...

Arg!

Carts...

Agreed, nothing pisses me off more.
I usually mention it before it's poured.

Also didn't know that tall boys are 8.75 in the beer garden, and 9.25 other places. I've always paid 9.75 ?

RedRum
07-18-2011, 05:26 PM
LOL at the number of people who sneak in beer. Now you know the real reason for the pat downs... Paul will confirm I'm sure :rolleyes:

Suds
07-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Agreed, nothing pisses me off more.
I usually mention it before it's poured.

Also didn't know that tall boys are 8.75 in the beer garden, and 9.25 other places. I've always paid 9.75 ?

I should qualify that. 8.75 for Canadian tallboys, it's more for imported beer.

Canadian is crap but I hate Carlsberg more so I go with the cheaper of the two.

deltox
07-18-2011, 06:06 PM
2 things:
first...... i hope this doesnt happen at BMO like it does in Seattle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r61hUdgYXfo

And if BMO had these, maybe the foam wouldnt be an issue. and its quick too - one 4 dock machine will pour 44 beers in 1 minute! maybe that will help with the lines!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiu_IX14wLI

www.bottomsupbeer.com (http://www.bottomsupbeer.com)

Nodoubtguy
07-18-2011, 06:21 PM
2 things:
first...... i hope this doesnt happen at BMO like it does in Seattle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r61hUdgYXfo

And if BMO had these, maybe the foam wouldnt be an issue. and its quick too - one 4 dock machine will pour 44 beers in 1 minute! maybe that will help with the lines!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiu_IX14wLI

www.bottomsupbeer.com (http://www.bottomsupbeer.com)

The small was larger then advertised.....so I hope that does happen at BMO!

Don't think I've bought a beer in BMO for maybe 2 seasons. Can have one before or after without being ripped off

swan
07-18-2011, 06:22 PM
AGREE 100%
Last game the guy was pouring my carlsberg hes like
"hey bro watch how fast this is"
flips two cans over inside the glasses
foam 3/4 makes a mess and beer was warm
than says "was that not cool or what"

if i ever see this again i will refuse to pay
useless; are they not trained before hand?
i complained to carlsberg last week for having popped cans at the lcbo
(ie frozen at one point which equals flat nasty crap)
i should complain about how their product is being served at bmo
they should have quality control all over that type of stuff as it adds to fan experience

just to be talking about this at 9.75 a beer is a disgrace
there should be no issues at that price

hope you said no and then asked for different ones.

deltox
07-18-2011, 06:27 PM
the 1st yr, i turned some beers back that were too foamed.

3/4 foam. i said....can i get another one with beer in it. she looked at me and said that i couldnt get another. then i called the super over...she looked at it and got me another beer.

and whats with the lids?

in the stands they guys always run out of lids. dont they have the same amount of lids to cups?

Wombat
07-18-2011, 07:08 PM
I know you lot hold the Wombat in high regard when it comes to beer preferences, so here goes....

a nice cold Canadian tall boy is $9.25 on the 225 level concourse

Carlsberg is a buck more for a less enjoyable beer, Steam Whistle is too hit & miss re quaality, and Tetley's bitter should be drunk from a pint glass not a can.

So, sorry guys, the Molson Canadian wins out again as the best bang for the buck (and it's made right here in Toronto)

mmmmmm, I love it!

whyalwaysme11
07-18-2011, 07:10 PM
@flatpicker too funny! that was great.

9.75 right here
lets say a dime from each goes to de guzmans 1.7 or 1.9 whatever he is at

SilverSamurai
07-19-2011, 02:25 AM
Am I the only non-beer drinker here? lol
I'd hate to see the price of wine at BMO...
Prob $20 for a glass of that international blended crap...

Roca
07-19-2011, 08:46 PM

Wrong.

100% agree. Same thing happened to me. Then security swept the place like we were vagrants. They should have a set closing time at the pavilion, then everyone knows the rules.