PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Monday,July.18

denime
07-18-2011, 05:52 AM
Mornin'

No TFC News for now.

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshine-girl)

Nuvinho
07-18-2011, 07:26 AM
Is the MLS CB who you can't talk about coming in today? I figured the other MLS team may have needed him for the weekend game.

scooter
07-18-2011, 07:34 AM
mornin d

Oldtimer
07-18-2011, 07:53 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if there will be more news (trades or signings) later today, given Winter's comments on TFC-TV.

mastermixer
07-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Is it possible he's talking about this Hatchi guy when he is saying he's not done. If so, then that's a bit of a let down.

mdc 77
07-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Not TFC but MLS related;
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/impact-will-play-mls-games-at-olympic-stadium/article2100244/

Limpact starting the season on the Big O...not ideal for them but more seats for us to fill. :)

ManUtd4ever
07-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Hopefully, another reliable CB is on the horizon today.

Carts
07-18-2011, 08:39 AM
Not TFC but MLS related;
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/impact-will-play-mls-games-at-olympic-stadium/article2100244/

Limpact starting the season on the Big O...not ideal for them but more seats for us to fill. :)

Hopefully we have our road match there during the 'The Big-O period' as we could paint one half of that stadium red...

Hopefully not the home opener, because that will be a big enough event for them that they might sell most of the stadium themselves...

Game 4 or 5 of the season - WE INVADE! :flare:

That would be epic..

denime
07-18-2011, 08:39 AM
Is the MLS CB who you can't talk about coming in today? I figured the other MLS team may have needed him for the weekend game.

It's not that I can't talk,I don't know the name.I was told new CB is coming soon,soon can be this week or next week,no idea.

Chevy
07-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Hopefully we have our road match there during the 'The Big-O period' as we could paint one half of that stadium red...

Hopefully not the home opener, because that will be a big enough event for them that they might sell most of the stadium themselves...

That would be epic..

Columbus x10.

tfcleeds
07-18-2011, 08:45 AM
While the buzz has largely died down around this club (well, hopefully that will change starting this week with all our new players) I would hope we could still get numbers approaching 1000 to go to Montreal. I wouldn't expect the same numbers we got for Columbus due to the fact that so many of the people on that trip were tourists anyway and TFC was very much the "in thing" at the time.

denime
07-18-2011, 08:47 AM
While the buzz has largely died down around this club (well, hopefully that will change starting this week with all our new players) I would hope we could still get numbers approaching 1000 to go to Montreal. I wouldn't expect the same numbers we got for Columbus due to the fact that so many of the people on that trip were tourists anyway and TFC was very much the "in thing" at the time.

I have no problem with tourist,4-5K of tourists lead by 3 SG's can be very strong 12 man for away team ;)

[NBF]
07-18-2011, 08:47 AM
So the plan is to have a "DP" for ST, MF and DF.

I dont know if the guy that started the "jdg on the move" thread gave that a thought when he posted that Colautti from Macamba Haifa was coming to TFC as a DP.

Personally, I think he's more of a regular contract player but in the higher wage range. Im sure he compares somewhat similar to a player like Chad Barrett in MLS.

menefreghista
07-18-2011, 08:48 AM

I agree with you.

Nuvinho
07-18-2011, 09:08 AM
It's not that I can't talk,I don't know the name.I was told new CB is coming soon,soon can be this week or next week,no idea.

I was just hoping to have another CB in before Wednesday. We don't have many games remaining, so we need all the help we can get ASAP.

Roogsy
07-18-2011, 09:13 AM

That would be epic..

FKSdPfucDQA

rocker
07-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Not TFC but MLS related;

wow... that's surprising.. the Limp act put out a tender for construction and nobody bid!??!

does the mafia percentage on construction makes such a project unfeasible???

I wonder if that means a scaled down version of the expansion project.

Roogsy
07-18-2011, 04:02 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/18/torontos-love-affair-with-lousy-teams

MLSE related and TFC mentioned among MLSE properties.

Whoop
07-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Oh oh...

Just waiting for the Steve Simmons is a hack or a pessimistic Pete comments to start flying. LOL

Roogsy
07-18-2011, 04:11 PM
He's not making many friends these days is he?

I guess he figures sooner or later MLSE will sell some or all the sports properties to Rogers likely and if that happens, all the bridges he will have burned will no longer be a problem? I dunno...just seems weird the amount of attacking he is doing. Burkie definitely doesn't like him. LOL!

Then again, there is lots of good points he makes as well. You could argue somebody has to make those points.

Whoop
07-18-2011, 04:14 PM
It's nothing new though. Has been going on essentially since MLSE bought the empire.

flatpicker
07-18-2011, 04:15 PM
He's not making many friends these days is he?

I guess he figures sooner or later MLSE will sell some or all the sports properties to Rogers likely and if that happens, all the bridges he will have burned will no longer be a problem? I dunno...just seems weird the amount of attacking he is doing. Burkie definitely doesn't like him. LOL!

Then again, there is lots of good points he makes as well. You could argue somebody has to make those points.

I have no issue with him making these points.

Fact: Toronto teams are crap.
Fact: Toronto fans gorge themselves on crap.
Why?... no clue really... maybe we are just too passive, and willing to take it up the hoop.

Detroit_TFC
07-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Start cold calling Russian billionaires, maybe one of them will be crazy enough to buy MLSE.