PDA

View Full Version : Alan Gordon sold...that's the last straw

Wombat
07-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Although this is my first post on RPB Forum, I'm one of the lads & I've been with TFC since day 1

After last years implosion when we were within sniffing distance of the play-offs, I had no hesitation in giving the team another chance & forked over $1500 of my hard earned money to renew my season tickets

I know Aaron Winter was a class player with a good football brain and believed we could see attractive, winning soccer down at BMO Field this season

My biggest peeve which makes no sense from a football or business perspective, is the club failing to see the reason behind Danny Dichio's popularity was his character & attitude to the game. Dichio is intertwined in the very fabric of TFC club & fans alike. When Danny retired did they go out & buy a 'new' Dichio to lead the team (eg. Connor Casey, or another big, battering-ram type centre-forward from England's 2nd tier)???

Not even close, and our attack was powder-puff for about a year with the exception of DeRosario, then they signed a strong centre-forward who could lead the line & score goals, Alan Gordon

The revolving door clicked round again yesterday & two of our precious-few players worthy of wearing the Red shirt, Atakora & Gordon are shipped out. WTF?????

Seeing Gordon at centre forward was one of this seasons few redeeming plus points, now he's gone

Further proof to me that the club does not care one iota about putting out a team the long suffering TFC Loyal can relate to & be proud of.

Every time an influx of new players comes in, they take time to settle & integrate into the team, but I cant see anything happening between now & the end of the season that would convince me to renew my season tickets again.

I know the Red Patch Boys hard core will be always there, but I predict the surrounding fan base will dwindle down from 20,000 to 8-10,000 per game within 12 months if the club can't get their shit together on the field.

Rant over - time for a cold Molson Canadian :drinking:

Ossington Mental Youth
07-15-2011, 03:03 PM
TL: DR
Dude hes been injured for the majority of the games this year.

BFin
07-15-2011, 03:04 PM
The bigger travesty is that you drink Molson Canadian.

Don't know if you've heard, but we signed a target man named Danny Koevermans who is slightly (sarcasm) better than Gordon.

bdiddy
07-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Agreed... maybe you should buy cheaper season tickets and buy better beer?

You'd probably save money too that way! I'm glad we helped you out with your issues,

Hustle
07-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Bro : Chill out....have a beer . we have alot more character players after these trades and dp signings then we started with. No one will ever replace Dichio Baby....but lets looks forward to better times.

Pigfynn
07-15-2011, 03:13 PM
This is not in any way, shape or form...news.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-15-2011, 03:14 PM
or interesting

BFin
07-15-2011, 03:14 PM
LOL

OMY...amazing follow-up a minute after. Great timing.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-15-2011, 03:15 PM
HAHAHA my pleasure

Gazza
07-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Expand your beer drinking horizons, it might improve your outlook on life and all things TFC.

Shakes McQueen
07-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Alan Gordon was your last straw?

I scanned the actual post, but kind of mentally shut down and forgot it all when I saw you drink Molson Canadian.

- Scott

ManUtd4ever
07-15-2011, 03:18 PM
LOL!

Hustle
07-15-2011, 03:19 PM
No doubt... switch to Hacker Pschorr and you wont be so angry at life

Gazza
07-15-2011, 03:21 PM
No doubt... switch to Hacker Pschorr and you wont be so angry at life

Hacker Pschorr balanced me after the De Ro trade.

Erdinger made me believe that Kevin Harmse really wasn't THAT bad.

BFin
07-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Alan Gordon is the MLS equivalent to Molson Canadian.

Does the job when you're in a bind, but should be nowhere near you when you can afford something else.

Shakes McQueen
07-15-2011, 03:23 PM
I was fine when we were crap for four years!
I was fine when we traded away half a dozen players who went on to have great careers elsewhere!
I was fine when we lost the NCC a couple of years ago because we couldn't beat Montreal at home!

BUT NOBODY TRADES ALAN GORDON.

- Scott

Gazza
07-15-2011, 03:24 PM
I was fine when we were crap for four years!
I was fine when we traded away half a dozen players who went on to have great careers elsewhere!
I was fine when we lost the NCC a couple of years ago because we couldn't beat Montreal at home!

BUT NOBODY TRADES ALAN GORDON.

- Scott

Ha ha ha!

dantdot
07-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Alan who? Danny 2.0 will score and get red carded in his first game as the seers foretold.

Detroit_TFC
07-15-2011, 03:25 PM
I need Strongbow cider to keep outbreaks of TFC rage (both from me and from others) under control.

BFin
07-15-2011, 03:26 PM
http://www.barnonedrinks.com/tips/dictionary/images/9418.jpg

tfcleeds
07-15-2011, 03:27 PM
If Alan Gordon is equivalent to Molson Canadian, then I figure Koevermans approaches something closer to Pilsner Urquell (draft). That can only be a good thing.

Hustle
07-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Bfin...I gotch you bro:

http://www.whiskyboys.com/images/dalwhinnie.jpg

MartinUtd
07-15-2011, 03:30 PM
You know we signed a DP who fills the exact same role right? We also have Maicon Santos as a super sub of sorts (MLS, anyway). Honestly, I'd be more pissed off if we weren't seeing transfers. We were never going to get the pieces we needed without giving up some of our quality surplus. As it stands right now we've some decent back up forwards in Johnson and Griffit, a much needed CB in Iro and a sophomore for veteren midfield swap with Dunfield and Tchani out. What else have we lost? An injured striker who was 3rd on our depth chart, an injured and under performing CB and Peterson who I don't rate at all.

Shakes McQueen
07-15-2011, 03:31 PM
I'll do you both one much better:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7RJ9kf0mJfc/TDkd6Xv4f4I/AAAAAAAAAUE/o8qgMW3Ti3Y/s1600/Maker%27s+Mark+Kentucky+Straight+Bourbon.jpg

- Scott

Gazza
07-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Oh, the looks i'll receive at the pub tonight while i'm toasting Alan Gordon and Wombat while drinking myself into early on-set sclerosis of the liver.

CretanBull
07-15-2011, 03:34 PM
I liked Gordon, Nana and Tchani (Peterson...no so much) but without question we're a better team now then we were before the trades.

BFin
07-15-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm not drinking Black straight though, I am using it for a Rye and Diet.

If I was going for something on the rocks it would not have Crown Royal in it...no matter what blend it is.

Shakes McQueen
I liked Gordon, Nana and Tchani (Peterson...no so much) but without question we're a better team now then we were before the trades.

I think most supporters like Gordon. I'm just far more amused by the idea that trading a guy who was injured more often than he played, and had a handful of good games for us, was THE. LAST. STRAW.

Haha. Like, how on edge were you, for that to be the last straw?

- Scott

BFin
Bfin...I gotch you bro:

Mix it in with some 'greenery' and I call that a good night you won't remember.

Stryker
07-15-2011, 03:36 PM
You know we signed a DP who fills the exact same role right? We also have Maicon Santos as a super sub of sorts (MLS, anyway). Honestly, I'd be more pissed off if we weren't seeing transfers. We were never going to get the pieces we needed without giving up some of our quality surplus. As it stands right now we've some decent back up forwards in Johnson and Griffit, a much needed CB in Iro and a sophomore for veteren midfield swap with Dunfield and Tchani out. What else have we lost? An injured striker who was 3rd on our depth chart, an injured and under performing CB and Peterson who I don't rate at all.
Nice to see someone with a clear perception on whats happening here.

eustacchio
07-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Alan Gordon was your last straw?

I scanned the actual post, but kind of mentally shut down and forgot it all when I saw you drink Molson Canadian.

- Scott

Those were almost my exact thoughts.

CretanBull
07-15-2011, 03:42 PM
I think most supporters like Gordon. I'm just far more amused by the idea that trading a guy who was injured more often than he played, and had a handful of good games for us, was THE. LAST. STRAW.

Haha. Like, how on edge were you, for that to be the last straw?

To be fair, after the last four and half years who isn't on the edge? Haha!

If they dumped Gordon for nothing, I'd be pissed too but we got value back and addressed some other areas of concern. I wasn't blown away by the DP signings, but those signings along with these trades? We're a much better team now.

DangerRed
07-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Bahahahaha. Dude drinks Molson Canadian!! Awesome.

Carlsberg must taste like Innis & Gunn at game days, then!

And if Alan Gordon was your last straw, you've not been watching closely.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/7/73/20110128203738%21Trollface.png

tfcleeds
07-15-2011, 03:50 PM
This could well end up being a thread of the year nominee.

__wowza
07-15-2011, 03:51 PM
TLDR; want me to call the waaaaaambulance? :cryin:

Red I
07-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Obvious Troll . . .

No Canadian, let alone a football fan, would ever be caught dead drinking a Molson Canadian . . . Rather drink a Mountain Dew than a Canadian. Gwaaaa, why is it so green?

CoachGT
07-15-2011, 03:55 PM

Spot on!

Technorgasm
07-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Wombat, I love the Passion.
I respect the Aggrivation
Keep hope alive brother. . its all we have had for 5 years.
expell the angst in the stands. . towards to opposition. . give your hate a target mate.

NORB.

prizby
07-15-2011, 03:57 PM
ives sent me a tweet saying danny koevermans might be the new #10 with Kenny Cooper coming in...which would mean some of our midfield pieces could be on the move ala jdg? yourass? santos?

dantdot
07-15-2011, 03:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DIQFM.png

Detroit_TFC
07-15-2011, 04:01 PM

OMFG - post of the day

Hustle
07-15-2011, 04:04 PM
I would console that crying chick ....does she sit in 111?

__wowza
07-15-2011, 04:12 PM

I LOL'D

Jenkins12
07-15-2011, 04:18 PM
May regret this, buuuuut...whats wrong with Molson Canadian (I drink Steam Whistle is that also crap beer?)

redcard
07-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks for coming out Wombat...C ya!

kodiakTFC
07-15-2011, 04:41 PM
1. Gordan reportedly wanted to go back to Cali
2. He's been replaced by Koevermans
3. We got rid of Peterson, it was worth it just for that.
4. He's always hurt

BFin
07-15-2011, 04:45 PM
May regret this, buuuuut...whats wrong with Molson Canadian (I drink Steam Whistle is that also crap beer?)

It tastes like piss.

Phil
07-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Its football. Nobody is ironclad with the team especially given the circumstances surrounding this one.

I will miss Alan, but he was only here for a half season so I can't get too bent out of shape about it. I am looking forward to the new DP's and Johnston contribution.

Wombat, lets revisit this in a few weeks time okay? :D

denime
07-15-2011, 05:17 PM
I would console that crying chick ....does she sit in 111?

SIT no one sits in 111 !! :flare:

That's the last straw I'm done with this thread. :D

Wombat
07-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Okay mate - sounds good.

I'll stay on the beer in the interim... it could be a long wait till we have a team to get excited about!

tiberius
07-15-2011, 05:44 PM

She's no supporter - this is a picture of Dero's agent when the rumour hit the street today that DC was dealing Dero to Columbass for Tchani:D

TotalFootball
07-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Although this is my first post on RPB Forum, I'm one of the lads & I've been with TFC since day 1

After last years implosion when we were within sniffing distance of the play-offs, I had no hesitation in giving the team another chance & forked over $1500 of my hard earned money to renew my season tickets

I know Aaron Winter was a class player with a good football brain and believed we could see attractive, winning soccer down at BMO Field this season

My biggest peeve which makes no sense from a football or business perspective, is the club failing to see the reason behind Danny Dichio's popularity was his character & attitude to the game. Dichio is intertwined in the very fabric of TFC club & fans alike. When Danny retired did they go out & buy a 'new' Dichio to lead the team (eg. Connor Casey, or another big, battering-ram type centre-forward from England's 2nd tier)???

Not even close, and our attack was powder-puff for about a year with the exception of DeRosario, then they signed a strong centre-forward who could lead the line & score goals, Alan Gordon

The revolving door clicked round again yesterday & two of our precious-few players worthy of wearing the Red shirt, Atakora & Gordon are shipped out. WTF?????

Seeing Gordon at centre forward was one of this seasons few redeeming plus points, now he's gone

Further proof to me that the club does not care one iota about putting out a team the long suffering TFC Loyal can relate to & be proud of.

Every time an influx of new players comes in, they take time to settle & integrate into the team, but I cant see anything happening between now & the end of the season that would convince me to renew my season tickets again.

I know the Red Patch Boys hard core will be always there, but I predict the surrounding fan base will dwindle down from 20,000 to 8-10,000 per game within 12 months if the club can't get their shit together on the field.

i agree totally.You guys are narrow minded. Wombat is right. Gordon will be missed especially after frings gets red cards and kovermans does not get the service he thinks he might get>

Azerban
07-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Gordon will be missed especially after frings gets red cards

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/torsten-frings/leistungsdaten/spieler_528.html

i assume yellow/red means two yellows, so 4 reds in 402 league games, 1 red in 45 CL games, 1 red in 37 cup games

ooooooooooooOOOOoooooooOOOoooooo

TOBOR !
07-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Nice one people. Wombat posts because he has an opinion he wants to share, but rather than discuss it intelligently everyone around here treats him with derision and laughs him out of the room.

Even this guy thought he'd join in - his first post, too :

Obvious Troll . . .

No Canadian, let alone a football fan, would ever be caught dead drinking a Molson Canadian . . . Rather drink a Mountain Dew than a Canadian. Gwaaaa, why is it so green?

Garbage.

I guess what Wombat did wrong was actually post with a topic. What he should have done was the usual First Timer Here (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=28364) thread, and everyone would've gathered 'round to see if he had chocolates and ended up great friends.

I dunno. You people sometimes... honestly.

ExiledRed
07-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Nice one people. Wombat posts because he has an opinion he wants to share, but rather than discuss it intelligently everyone around here treats him with derision and laughs him out of the room.

Even this guy thought he'd join in - his first post, too :

Garbage.

I guess what Wombat did wrong was actually post with a topic. What he should have done was the usual First Timer Here (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=28364) thread, and everyone would've gathered 'round to see if he had chocolates and ended up great friends.

I dunno. You people sometimes... honestly.

Tobor speaks the truth!

you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

ExiledRed
07-15-2011, 08:23 PM
hahahahahahahaha

welcome to the forum, wombat.

try not to be a muppet though.

TOBOR !
07-15-2011, 08:25 PM
^ 's too late - they've chased him away.

ExiledRed
07-15-2011, 08:40 PM

I agree with much of this, although I dont think the character and attitude that Dichio had, can only be represented in a huge centre forward. I didnt like to see Santos played behind Gordon and felt subbing one for the other was a good way to change the approach of attack. To be honest, I liked the guy and he was an enthusiastic scorer who likef the crowd, but Im pretty hopeful that Koeverman's character will come to the fore in the coming months.

Im also glad we kept Santos, who I felt provided a more attractive attack and can be more creative when it comes to plucking goals out of nowhere. I also think Santos loves the fans and wants to be here, oddly enough. Gordon is going to be pleased to be going home, whatever.

I dont like how Attakora has been handled, and I dont like the exodus of canadian talent. I think you'll enjoy this scouser at CB though.

Would a deep run past the group stages of CL compensate for the league crisis? There are actually benefits to finishing last now, and the CL semis are actually achievable.
I think Winter has made huge mistakes, but I also think that if the trades today, combined with the DP's dosnt have a positive impact on the team then winter is either a terrible coach, or were the unluckiest team in the world.

agreed

I think that's stout there.

tiberius
07-15-2011, 08:42 PM
.... then they signed a strong centre-forward who could lead the line & score goals, Alan Gordon

Hi Wombat - good post. Ignoring the fun people are having with your post (I think everyone is a little giddy from "trade fever")... I think most would agree with you that Gordon is one of only a very few players that gave this team (and the fans) a lift this season. I think when all is said and done, most of the folk who frequent this board probably want a "hard nosed" team with character and attitude just as you describe. The only catch was Gordon's injury record - hard to field a hard nosed team if half of your team is in the sick bay every week.

Stay tuned - I think we are going to see a tougher team - soon!

As far as taste in beer goes - the ones yapping about Canadian wouldn't know a great beer if it bit them in the ass - I'd bet good money that if someone buys them a beer, they don't ask questions - they drink it! Guaranteed! :hump:

moralis
07-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Alan Gordan and especially his family wanted to go back to the Los Angeles area for some time. He probably told Aron and Paul that.

One of my favourite players because he work as hell on the field and the best thing is that he scored goals. Only behind Santos.

Razcle
07-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Alan Gordon has now played for all three Cali teams eh?

Pookie
07-15-2011, 10:07 PM
Bahahahaha. Dude drinks Molson Canadian!! Awesome.

Carlsberg must taste like Innis & Gunn at game days, then!

And if Alan Gordon was your last straw, you've not been watching closely.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/7/73/20110128203738%21Trollface.png

Mmmmmm Innis & Gunn

Did you try the Canada Day brew this year?

ecospice
07-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Bfin...I gotch you bro:

Sweet, sweet nectar!

sidney
07-16-2011, 02:12 AM
While I'm excited about what Koover will do, it would have been better than nice if TFC was able to also keep Gordan. But if a choice had to be made between the two, I think Winter made the right choice.

J .
07-16-2011, 02:18 AM
LOL this thread

fact.

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-16-2011, 02:20 AM
I'm pleased at the moves the team has made on the whole. The only thing I don't like is trading players that the team traded for earlier in the season. I think they should move toward having a team policy against this. Sends the wrong message to players and fans about continuity. I know this might not be practical right now with the need for retooling the roster, but I hope it's practical in the near future.

J .
07-16-2011, 02:29 AM
when dummies like the poster of this thread maybe sing, they pretend to be people like me.

go away and let your aunt touch you inappropriately.

DichioTFC
07-16-2011, 02:36 AM
LOL this thread

fact.

Agreed.

Hilarious that Glass Joe Alan Gordon is someones... anyones, last straw

DichioTFC
07-16-2011, 02:36 AM
http://www.parties4kids.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/UST2525.jpg

This was my first straw

RedsYNWA
07-16-2011, 06:17 AM
Haters

http://adland.tv/n1rv4n4g8/storyjpegs/molsonmanad500B.jpg

profit89
07-16-2011, 07:41 AM

Totally agree. Not even close actually.

Parkdale
07-16-2011, 07:42 AM
this thread is too stupid to live.

guy gives his opinion, and everyone rages over it.

he's entitled to his opinion, and just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you get to make it personal.

sheesh...

Wombat
07-16-2011, 08:01 AM
[quote=J .;1341743]when dummies like the poster of this thread maybe sing, they pretend to be people like me.

You know the funny thing "J", I dont sing at the games and I smile at the wannabe antics of "people like you". Not putting down the RPB loyal, because this is now and this is TFC & I'm all for the lads having some fun

I'm a 50 year old 'old school' fan who was standing on the terraces in England in the 70's & 80's when it was mayhem every week

Do I want to 'pretend to be like you'? Not for one minute you sad fuck

Keep on believing you are the cool, Kop leader 'J' and the kind of man people aspire to be. Now where's that 'wanker' smilie I can finish with?

Wombat
07-16-2011, 08:09 AM
this thread is too stupid to live.

guy gives his opinion, and everyone rages over it.

he's entitled to his opinion, and just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you get to make it personal.

sheesh...

It's alright mate - I didn't come on here to make friends, I have plenty already

Reason for my first post was due to thinking Alan Gordon was the kind of player we need more of at TFC and shared an opinion about the team being weaker & the club not caring about building a team we can be proud of

Looks like not too many RPB agree - thats OK

I also guess the RPB forum is full of beer snobs??? Nothing wrong with a few cold Molson Canadians on a hot summer afternoon. Made in Canada, a good local employer in Toronto (unlike Labatt)

I think you lot need to take a good hard look - guess the TFC boys aren't as cool as they pretend to be....

menefreghista
07-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Personally think that if any fan was going to have a 'last straw' moment, it should have occurred when De Rosario was traded.

menefreghista
07-16-2011, 08:12 AM
If Alan Gordon is equivalent to Molson Canadian, then I figure Koevermans approaches something closer to Pilsner Urquell (draft). That can only be a good thing.

Hopefully Koevermans isn't a Heinekin: overhyped Dutch product that in reality is shit.

Jack
07-16-2011, 09:15 AM
It's alright mate - I didn't come on here to make friends, I have plenty already

Reason for my first post was due to thinking Alan Gordon was the kind of player we need more of at TFC and shared an opinion about the team being weaker & the club not caring about building a team we can be proud of

Looks like not too many RPB agree - thats OK

I also guess the RPB forum is full of beer snobs??? Nothing wrong with a few cold Molson Canadians on a hot summer afternoon. Made in Canada, a good local employer in Toronto (unlike Labatt)

I think you lot need to take a good hard look - guess the TFC boys aren't as cool as they pretend to be....

I get where you were coming from with your point about character. As for the beer, Canadian isn't my first choice, but when it comes down to it, you drink what you like :D.

Also, ignore the nerds who poke fun. They only do so because it somehow makes them feel superior online, perhaps due to feeling less so offline.

DOMIN8R
07-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Jack said...Also, ignore the nerds who poke fun...

Hey, I resemble that remark. Not everyone can move out of their mom's basement before they turn forty, Jack. Sheeesh.

Carts
07-16-2011, 10:33 AM
I like Molson Canadian... :drinking:

What's this thread actually about again...???

:D

Yohan
07-16-2011, 10:34 AM
I like Molson Canadian... :drinking:

What's this thread actually about again...???

why you like shitty beer ;)

Jack
07-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Jack said...Also, ignore the nerds who poke fun...

Hey, I resemble that remark. Not everyone can move out of their mom's basement before they turn forty, Jack. Sheeesh.

I'm not forty yet, and I'm almost out of my mom's house! :flare:

Carts
07-16-2011, 10:36 AM

LOL...

Ya but its beer!

Even shitty beer is an 8/10 to begin with! :drinking:

Yohan
07-16-2011, 10:39 AM
LOL...

Ya but its beer!

Even shitty beer is an 8/10 to begin with! :drinking:

you need a taste bud lobotomy. ;)

why drink shitty beer when there are so much variety and good beer available? it's like banging a fugly when you could have banged a hotty instead. if i want to drink to get drunk, i'd just get some cheap hooch :p

Carts
07-16-2011, 10:43 AM
you need a taste bud lobotomy. ;)

why drink shitty beer when there are so much variety and good beer available? it's like banging a fugly when you could have banged a hotty instead. if i want to drink to get drunk, i'd just get some cheap hooch :p

You missed the point - let me guide you in the ways of 'the beer'... LOL

I do drink better beer - but any beer is better than no beer - for a beer drinker who loves beer and will cheer to beer for all to hear... :drinking:

Ah shit, this makes me want to drink now - time for a beer ... :D

Yohan
07-16-2011, 11:01 AM
I dunno. I'd rather not drink beer than drink cheap beer. My tongue gets angry with me if I abuse it with cheap crap. ;)

Drinking Leffe Brune right now. Such a quality beer

TFCRegina
07-16-2011, 11:05 AM

He loves any beer.

As we all should.

TFCRegina
07-16-2011, 11:06 AM
You missed the point - let me guide you in the ways of 'the beer'... LOL

I do drink better beer - but any beer is better than no beer - for a beer drinker who loves beer and will cheer to beer for all to hear... :drinking:

Ah shit, this makes me want to drink now - time for a beer ... :D

Didn't see this post, but I had your back. I'm in the Carts' School of Thought on beer.

RedsYNWA
07-16-2011, 11:45 AM
I dunno. I'd rather not drink beer than drink cheap beer. My tongue gets angry with me if I abuse it with cheap crap. ;)

Drinking Leffe Brune right now. Such a quality beer

Here is a man who knows his beer:drinking:
, I encourage everyone to walk by the BELGIUM ISLE at the LCBO not The Shitty Beer store

gardooney
07-16-2011, 01:09 PM
I like an icy cold Canadian too.
And guys, it says right on the can.

"The best this land has to offer"

They can't just say that without it being true. Can they? :drinking:

T.O TILL I DIE
07-16-2011, 01:34 PM
I think someone should just change this thread to " what beer is best?" lol...

Yohan
07-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Grandville Island IPA!

Macksam
07-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Hopefully Koevermans isn't a Heinekin: overhyped Dutch product that in reality is shit.
If Kluivert were to come here, that probably would be the case.

Well, it would be more like this: an overhyped Dutch product that is packaged well but shit in reality.

Granted, Kluivert was one of the best at one time.

As for the beer, Keith's Red Amber Ale please.

Alixir
07-16-2011, 01:56 PM
I think someone should just change this thread to " what beer is best?" lol...http://kd59.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/newcastle_brown_ale.jpg

Azerban
07-16-2011, 01:58 PM

http://tbarbieri.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/labatt-50-ale.jpg

ExiledRed
07-16-2011, 02:03 PM
You not tried this?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9SfkHNIZAIU/R8i4u0PWclI/AAAAAAAAABY/s0GHjmI_Sas/s200/hobgoblin.jpg

RedsYNWA
07-16-2011, 02:37 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KYNi55Be7T8/Sw9u_5kUmvI/AAAAAAAAA2g/fgGURPUc7wo/s1600/IMG_2826.JPG

I tried over 1000 beers in my life and kept a bottle of each untill my wife made me throw it out COOPERS IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST BEER IN THE WORLD

Alixir
07-16-2011, 02:56 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KYNi55Be7T8/Sw9u_5kUmvI/AAAAAAAAA2g/fgGURPUc7wo/s1600/IMG_2826.JPG

I tried over 1000 beers in my life and kept a bottle of each untill my wife made me throw it out COOPERS IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST BEER IN THE WORLDneeds to be darker!!!

69Chevy396
07-16-2011, 02:57 PM
This beer would be fitting at bmo:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/10/21/alg_olde_english_102010.jpg

Yohan
07-16-2011, 03:17 PM

I tried over 1000 beers in my life and kept a bottle of each untill my wife made me throw it out COOPERS IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST BEER IN THE WORLDreally? I found Coopers to be very underwhelming. Though I don't rate Aussie beer very highly (Had about 10 different Aussie beers)

Cashcleaner
07-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Not a beer fan, but loves me the cider. Addlestone's Cloudy is appley heaven.

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/unbranded/a/unbranded-addlestones-cider-12x568ml-.jpg

MartinUtd
07-16-2011, 03:35 PM
So yeah.. Alan Gordon is gone... too bad.

ManUtd4ever
07-16-2011, 03:36 PM
This thread is classic, LOL.

My personal favorites:

http://gawker.com/assets/resources/2008/04/heineken.jpeg

http://iwarrior.uwaterloo.ca/props/photos//2007s-2/Sleeman.jpg

http://www.nightclub.com/files/ncb/nodes/2010/2127/Innis-Gunn.jpg

Redcoe15
07-16-2011, 04:04 PM
This beer would be fitting at bmo:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/10/21/alg_olde_english_102010.jpg

NO IT WOULDN'T!!!!! :ack2: :puke: :prrr:

Brooker
07-16-2011, 04:35 PM
After all the shit we've been through, Alan Gordon was somebodys breaking point? rofl.

BFin
07-16-2011, 06:43 PM
I get where you were coming from with your point about character. As for the beer, Canadian isn't my first choice, but when it comes down to it, you drink what you like :D.

Also, ignore the nerds who poke fun. They only do so because it somehow makes them feel superior online, perhaps due to feeling less so offline.

I like to feel superior online and in person. It's why I carry a Molson Canadian around with me at all times.

Does it make me a nerd if I can' paint every poster in a 4 page thread with the same brush? Shit. Jack wins again...

MartinUtd
07-16-2011, 07:08 PM
After all the shit we've been through, Alan Gordon was somebodys breaking point? rofl.

This is what's confusing me the most. How do you get to a position where Alan Gordon is the tipping point without having given up already.

Hustle
07-16-2011, 08:02 PM
I am glad I came back to this thread today. let it continue on....1 page of alcohol preference posts, the next page of under the influence of our alcoholic preference posts...I love it...off to have 3fingers of dalwhinney

gardooney
07-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Love this but for some reason you can't get it in the LCBO anymore. Was like $3.50 or so a bottle. Delightful . Miss it.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u28/gardooney/youngs-double-chocolate-stout.jpg

T.O TILL I DIE
07-17-2011, 01:24 AM
http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/stella-artois-bottle.jpg

all about stella, then hieneken

CSO_BBTB
07-17-2011, 03:03 AM
Any Danny Dyer wannabe types on here should try one of these. Casuals in Scotland often used to drink Grolsch because the heavy bottle came in handy when "it all kicked off":

http://www.thebeveragestore.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x500/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/r/grolsch_4pk.jpg
Personally tend to drink Labatt's Blue and find beer snobbery a bit pathetic more than anything else. If you drink beer chilled you are not going to taste it properly anyway regardless of what you pay for your 5% C2H5OH content.

ensco
07-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Love this but for some reason you can't get it in the LCBO anymore. Was like $3.50 or so a bottle. Delightful . Miss it.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u28/gardooney/youngs-double-chocolate-stout.jpg

That is a heart attack in a glass.

dawkins
07-17-2011, 08:26 AM

You know... in beligum, this is treated as if it were lakeport?? HAHAHA!!!

menefreghista
07-17-2011, 08:33 AM

Exactly. Stella, Heinekin, Carlsberg are the Molson Canadians from their respective countries.

But with good marketing they have carved out a niche in North America as some kind of premium beer.

tfcmanu
07-17-2011, 11:12 AM
http://www.roadrunner.travel/images/temp/stiegl.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Miguel/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.png

T.O TILL I DIE
07-17-2011, 11:33 AM
and for the people living in compton!
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/06/hardees_badthings/image/colt_45.jpg

Alixir
07-17-2011, 11:38 AM
in my opinion if its not dark its not beer.

PopePouri
07-17-2011, 11:45 AM
http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/BostonLagerPintGlass.jpg

Gotta go with Sam Adams.

jazzy
07-17-2011, 11:47 AM

you are aware they were they were giving a bottle of this (1) each at union st, Front St all last week in a box no less, just had to show ID, my wife somehow brought 2 home ...that area is ridiculous always getting free stuff, to the commuters....weird, pinch yourself

jazzy
07-17-2011, 11:51 AM

it isn't Lakeport?

Yohan
07-17-2011, 12:09 PM
http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/BostonLagerPintGlass.jpg

Gotta go with Sam Adams.
+1

one of few big brewery American beer that I like

T.O TILL I DIE
07-17-2011, 12:27 PM
you are aware they were they were giving a bottle of this (1) each at union st, Front St all last week in a box no less, just had to show ID, my wife somehow brought 2 home ...that area is ridiculous always getting free stuff, to the commuters....weird, pinch yourself

wow, were they realy?! and ive been paying almost 50 bux for a 2-4. I shouldve went there with 24 of my friends lol.

Brooker
07-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Support Local Beer

Shakes McQueen
07-17-2011, 04:26 PM
I love me some St. Ambroise oatmeal stout

http://www.beerblotter.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/dsc038261.jpg

My most frequently consumed beer, though, is still just regular old Guinness. For lighter stuff, I generally stick to smaller brews - Hobgoblin, Mill St., Wellington, Dogfish Head, and a couple of others.

The Robert Simpson brewery here in Barrie also makes a couple of nice brews - Flying Monkeys, and Hoptical Illusion.

- Scott

Auzzy
07-17-2011, 04:46 PM

Agreed, I just finished two sixes of that.

Support Local Beer

Agreed, so much good Canadian stuff, why look so far? St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout as mentioned -- also, depending on the mood & the occasion: Steamwhistle, Creemore, Unibroue La Fin Du Monde and Unibroue Maudite, Muskoka Dark Ale, Mill Street Coffee Porter, etc etc etc

Shakes McQueen
07-17-2011, 04:55 PM
The only thing shit like Coors and Canadian are good for, is getting drunk, because it's cheap and plentiful. But even then, you can pick up mini-kegs of better stuff like Grolsch and Lowenbrau at the LCBO during certain times of the year, that'll do the job.

- Scott

PopePouri
07-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Dogfish Head
- Scott

Where can I get hold of that in Ontario?

PS. I love the direction that that this thread has taken.

Shakes McQueen
07-17-2011, 05:16 PM

It's usually in stock at the LCBO here in Barrie. Not all the time - but usually.

- Scott

GeorgeBest
07-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Muskoka Mad Tom IPA
Great Lakes Crazy Canuck Pale Ale
Unibroue Trois Pistoles and Fin du Monde
Fuller's London Porter
Brooklyn Lager
Weihenstephaner Weissbier

:drinking:

Pookie
07-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Now that the LCBO has brought in:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_H-7B4pHqANI/TKTqkms4fuI/AAAAAAAAAWI/5Cl8ZBXVbgs/s1600/innis+gunn+rum.jpg

I see no point in ever going to the Beer Store again

Yeoman
07-17-2011, 05:53 PM
wow what a beer

Waggy
07-17-2011, 06:11 PM
I like the turn this threads taken. Whenever I go to Beirmarket I always order Baltika (off the menu) and they NEVER have it. Does anyone know where to get Baltika (esp 3) in the GTA?

Also Canadian is overratedly bad. I mean, if we werent flooded with the stuff we'd think it's decent beer. But since its our staple, its everywhere, and its not Pabst enough to be trendy, it's crap. I'd take Canadian over Grolsh any day. I still prefer heinekan, gotta give it up to Perolli (sp?) and Moosehead too.

Edit: and clearly no, I can't spell beer companies names. Usually because of the mental state I'm in when reading them

ArmenJBX
07-17-2011, 06:19 PM
When you're my age, you drink what's in the cup.
Isn't that the true spirit of Canada?

Shakes McQueen
07-17-2011, 06:25 PM
I like the turn this threads taken. Whenever I go to Beirmarket I always order Baltika (off the menu) and they NEVER have it. Does anyone know where to get Baltika (esp 3) in the GTA?

Also Canadian is overratedly bad. I mean, if we werent flooded with the stuff we'd think it's decent beer. But since its our staple, its everywhere, and its not Pabst enough to be trendy, it's crap. I'd take Canadian over Grolsh any day. I still prefer heinekan, gotta give it up to Perolli (sp?) and Moosehead too.

Edit: and clearly no, I can't spell beer companies names. Usually because of the mental state I'm in when reading them

Pabst is trendy?

Anyone who drinks shitty beer for ironic hipster reasons can eat me.

- Scott

Couchy81
07-17-2011, 06:25 PM
http://www.classiccitybrew.com/blind_mixed8_DAB.jpg
http://kd59.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/newcastle_brown_ale.jpg?w=150&h=149
http://www.canadiandesignresource.ca/officialgallery/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/steam_whistle-bottles.jpg

Empirical
07-17-2011, 06:26 PM
I think the egregious overvaluing of Gordon comes from a tinge of racism. I'm surprised this didn't come up before about 10 beer choice denouncemenets (I especially agree that if you're going to be bragging about a beer at the end of a post, it best not be molson). Indeed, his proud beer choice may support my point.
I don't care who I see at centre forward I just want to hear goal and feel white and red confetti.*

Danny Dichio spoke to the fans for many reasons. He interviewed well, was thankful to the fans and scored our first goal. (among other things) Toronto FC has an ethnically rich and diverse fan base. That is what drives this Toronto team. Many fans OP included were attracted to TFC because they love good old english football and that very starkly distinct culture. TFC fans are evidence of a wonderful harmony between the two. No matter his nationality or skin colour, if we will win with him he's our man! Your post evinces another angle. Urging for a big "Tier 2 England" type striker, irrespective of goal scoring potential or ability. (even playing ability in this case). It's convenient that you have an audience with a special affinity for that kind of guy, so the racism can just seep through. But I dont live Dichio because of the colour of his skin. Your suggestion is we find someone like conor Casey (the closest thing to a good olde English boy) or get one from a virtually all white english league. Why not scout in south amaerica for the next hood frontman. We have a kid like plata there.

If you can't tell from his tone or even subsequent posts. He adds that players should "settle and integrate". No doubt this is the case, but Gordon too is a new edition. Does he not need time to integrate too? Wouldn't any other English battering ram?

You're not talking to 70s English supporters.

Sorry I am writing this a little wasted as a first time post. I read the forums daily and felt I needed to step in. As a white male, diversity is what makes this team wonderful. I would like to think we are fueled by love for one team, not (like many of
The world's supporters, by hate and racism.

PopePouri
07-17-2011, 06:32 PM

Really? I couldn't find it at my local LCBO and they don't list it as a product on their website. I just gave up looking for it. I'll probably have to somewhere else then.

ensco
07-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Great Lakes Crazy Canuck Pale Ale
Fuller's London Porter

:drinking:

What a coincidence. Someone just gave me my first taste of Crazy Canuck. Very nice!

In the Fuller's line, I prefer the London Pride or the ESB to the Porter, personally.

Hustle
07-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Local Beer is the best....Try a StoneHammer Pilsner from F&M Brewery out of Guelph if you can find it out on tap.

ecospice
07-17-2011, 07:35 PM
What a coincidence. Someone just gave me my first taste of Crazy Canuck. Very nice!

In the Fuller's line, I prefer the London Pride or the ESB to the Porter, personally.

Does anyone know any pubs in T.O. that have Fuller's London Porter on tap? London Pride is at the Duke at First Canadian Place, but I have never seen the Porter anywhere.:drinking:

DOMIN8R
07-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Someone posts their displeasure on the Gordon trade and everyone thinks posting their favourite beer is on topic?

Really?

And not one of you has thought to post......

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wMcqKu3gIcY/S27lRSzx5qI/AAAAAAAABSU/fz_vnOr1c28/s320/maudite.jpg

By far the best beer in this country.

http://www.onbeer.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/maudite.jpg

DOMIN8R
07-17-2011, 07:51 PM
....Sorry I am writing this a little wasted as a first time post. I read the forums daily and felt I needed to step in. ....

Then all is forgiven.

Detroit_TFC
07-17-2011, 08:12 PM
http://www.roadrunner.travel/images/temp/stiegl.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Miguel/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.png

I had Stiegl at Red Bull Arena, it's a very enjoyable brew.

T.O TILL I DIE
07-17-2011, 08:13 PM
http://www.thebeerstore.ca/sites/default/files/styles/brand_medium/public/brand/hero/mill%20st.%20stock.jpg

try stock ale people, its actually not bad :)

Yeoman
07-17-2011, 08:20 PM
the only canadian brew i'll touch, is moosehead light lime
other than that? it's mangers, or strongbow

Mr. Bigby
07-17-2011, 08:35 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a5/The_most_interesting_man.jpg

I don't always drink beer, but when I do....:drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking:

ensco
07-17-2011, 09:24 PM
When you're my age, you drink what's in the cup.

Spoken like someone who is 17 or 87!

(peace...not trying to cause offence!)

Alixir
07-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Agreed, so much good Canadian stuff, why look so far? St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout as mentioned -- also, depending on the mood & the occasion: Steamwhistle, Creemore, Unibroue La Fin Du Monde and Unibroue Maudite, Muskoka Dark Ale, Mill Street Coffee Porter, etc etc etcI only drink dark beers, I love dark beers, dark beers are a religion to me and I attend mass everyday and I must say....Muskoka Dark Ale can be compared to drinking a glass of liquified pig shit with hints of chocolate and maple syrup. the stuff is awful.

Auzzy
07-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Agreed, I just finished two sixes of that.

Agreed, so much good Canadian stuff, why look so far? St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout as mentioned -- also, depending on the mood & the occasion: Steamwhistle, Creemore, Unibroue La Fin Du Monde and Unibroue Maudite, Muskoka Dark Ale, Mill Street Coffee Porter, etc etc etc

Someone posts their displeasure on the Gordon trade and everyone thinks posting their favourite beer is on topic?

Really?

And not one of you has thought to post......

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wMcqKu3gIcY/S27lRSzx5qI/AAAAAAAABSU/fz_vnOr1c28/s320/maudite.jpg

By far the best beer in this country.

I did already post that one, see above :D

As for best beer in the country -- it's definitely one of the best, but it depends on the occasion, what you're having with the beer, etc...

Auzzy
07-17-2011, 11:13 PM
I only drink dark beers, I love dark beers, dark beers are a religion to me and I attend mass everyday and I must say....Muskoka Dark Ale can be compared to drinking a glass of liquified pig shit with hints of chocolate and maple syrup. the stuff is awful.

This thread may prove to be more contentious than all the Dero threads combined... :D

boozilla
07-17-2011, 11:25 PM
I rate dark beers slightly above raspberry or chocolate beers or English strikers.

In lieu of being able to buy the best wheat beer on the planet here in Ontario http://www.ayinger.de/usr/usr_images/cont_122.jpg

, I happily settle for this:

http://beeradvocate.com/im/beers/18676.jpg

TFCRegina
07-18-2011, 12:19 AM

http://www.beerblotter.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/dsc038261.jpg

My most frequently consumed beer, though, is still just regular old Guinness. For lighter stuff, I generally stick to smaller brews - Hobgoblin, Mill St., Wellington, Dogfish Head, and a couple of others.

The Robert Simpson brewery here in Barrie also makes a couple of nice brews - Flying Monkeys, and Hoptical Illusion.

- Scott

St. Ambroise is delicious. However, it's a shame it's not of Toronto or somewhere west or east of Quebec.

James Oliphant
07-18-2011, 12:46 AM
Now that the LCBO has brought in:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_H-7B4pHqANI/TKTqkms4fuI/AAAAAAAAAWI/5Cl8ZBXVbgs/s1600/innis+gunn+rum.jpg

I see no point in ever going to the Beer Store again

I'm down to my last 3 bottles of I&G. Time to make a trip to the Lickbow.

jloome
07-18-2011, 01:53 AM

Yum.

We have a beer store in Edmonton five minutes from my house that has more than 300 brands from around the world. It's, like, beer heaven. I had a pint of Marston's Old Empire today and a very muddy, sediment-laden trappist monk ale. I'm ashamed to admit I liked the mass-produced commercial Marston's beer better.

Wombat
07-18-2011, 04:16 AM
Don't kmow about the porter - but a great pub in Etobicoke 200m west of the York Mills subway on Bloor, is The King Henry IIIV Ale House

Fullers ESB on draft... one of the best beers you can get in Toronto

ensco
07-18-2011, 07:00 AM
Bottle vs Can? What do the people say?

I sort of avoid cans, feels like they have a metallic taste (but is that just my imagination?).....but some of the best beers are on sale in cans only....

Shakes McQueen
07-18-2011, 07:06 AM

I sort of avoid cans, feels like they have a metallic taste (but is that just my imagination?).....but some of the best beers are on sale in cans only....

If I'm just enjoying a beer at home or whatever, it's bottle all the way.

But for the cottage, or any situation where portability and/or ease of disposal matters, I'm fine with cans.

I do think bottled beer tastes better, but the difference isn't big enough to matter THAT much. And as you said - some great beers only come in cans.

- Scott

TOBOR !
07-18-2011, 07:24 AM
I think the egregious overvaluing of Gordon comes from a tinge of racism. I'm surprised this didn't come up before about 10 beer choice denouncemenets (I especially agree that if you're going to be bragging about a beer at the end of a post, it best not be molson). Indeed, his proud beer choice may support my point.
I don't care who I see at centre forward I just want to hear goal and feel white and red confetti.*

Danny Dichio spoke to the fans for many reasons. He interviewed well, was thankful to the fans and scored our first goal. (among other things) Toronto FC has an ethnically rich and diverse fan base. That is what drives this Toronto team. Many fans OP included were attracted to TFC because they love good old english football and that very starkly distinct culture. TFC fans are evidence of a wonderful harmony between the two. No matter his nationality or skin colour, if we will win with him he's our man! Your post evinces another angle. Urging for a big "Tier 2 England" type striker, irrespective of goal scoring potential or ability. (even playing ability in this case). It's convenient that you have an audience with a special affinity for that kind of guy, so the racism can just seep through. But I dont live Dichio because of the colour of his skin. Your suggestion is we find someone like conor Casey (the closest thing to a good olde English boy) or get one from a virtually all white english league. Why not scout in south amaerica for the next hood frontman. We have a kid like plata there.

If you can't tell from his tone or even subsequent posts. He adds that players should "settle and integrate". No doubt this is the case, but Gordon too is a new edition. Does he not need time to integrate too? Wouldn't any other English battering ram?

You're not talking to 70s English supporters.

Sorry I am writing this a little wasted as a first time post. I read the forums daily and felt I needed to step in. As a white male, diversity is what makes this team wonderful. I would like to think we are fueled by love for one team, not (like many of
The world's supporters, by hate and racism.

I like this post, but haven't yet sorted out why. However, might I say beware of forum backlash as you have forgone the customary "Hello, I'm new here" thread, where nothing much is discussed.

That said, this :

http://www.beersnob.ca/uploads/Image/Shared/Beer/Beer%20from%20Eric/Greene%20King%20IPA.jpg

http://kd59.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/greene-king-ipa.jpg

... and I win again.

GeorgeBest
07-18-2011, 08:07 AM

IMO, it is not so important whether a beer comes from a can or bottle but that, when conditions permit, it is poured into a glass before drinking to fully appreciate the look and aroma. I only notice a metallic taste when drinking directly from a can (which due to circumstances I have probably done several thousand times).

Pookie
07-18-2011, 08:28 AM

I think it depends on the beer.

Since Innis & Gunn is bottle only, that drives my selection. It's a good thing too because at +- 7% alcohol, more volume isn't always the best move.

Some only come in a can like Boddingtons or Kilkenny.

If I am going for a Guinness, I choose the can as it has more volume in the can than the bottle.

If I am having folks over poolside, I tend to buy cans as the combination of new pool liner, bare feet and broken glass just doesn't seem to add up to a smart decision.

For some reason, Mill Street's Lemon Tea Beer tastes better (to me) in a can.

How's that for taking a stand on the issue?

Pookie
07-18-2011, 08:30 AM

I've only got one bottle of that Christmas time Highland Cask in the green box. I've been saving it for a special occasion, like a TFC playoff spot or next Christmas when I can restock the fridge... whichever comes sooner. :(

Carts
07-18-2011, 08:35 AM

For me, I find either bottle, can, glass depends on where & when I am drinking...

Its just a "feeling" thing...

Sitting in the pub - I need a nice pint. Even if I am buying beer from the bottle, in a glass... Its just that pub feeling to have a glass...

At the cottage (not that I own one personally) - I drink from a bottle. Again, no idea why, just feeling right to sit there and swig out of the bottle...

Parking lot, outdoor beer tent - can. Just that tailgating wouldn't been the same with proper glass or bottle (obviously plastic cup usually is the case)...

Same with seasons. In the summer, I like a cold bottle in my hand - in the winter at the pub, a tall pint...

I know it makes no sense, because it doesn't change the taste - but for me its more mood/setting when picking bottle-can-glass...

Carts...

Yohan
07-18-2011, 08:40 AM
For me, I find either bottle, can, glass depends on where & when I am drinking...

Its just a "feeling" thing...

Sitting in the pub - I need a nice pint. Even if I am buying beer from the bottle, in a glass... Its just that pub feeling to have a glass...

At the cottage (not that I own one personally) - I drink from a bottle. Again, no idea why, just feeling right to sit there and swig out of the bottle...

Parking lot, outdoor beer tent - can. Just that tailgating wouldn't been the same with proper glass or bottle (obviously plastic cup usually is the case)...

Same with seasons. In the summer, I like a cold bottle in my hand - in the winter at the pub, a tall pint...

I know it makes no sense, because it doesn't change the taste - but for me its more mood/setting when picking bottle-can-glass...

Carts...
agreed

when I drink to get drunk, i usually don't give a crap what i drink out of, but when i drink to enjoy, it has to be proper pint glasses, scotch glass. at least a glass bottle

tfcleeds
07-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Don't kmow about the porter - but a great pub in Etobicoke 200m west of the York Mills subway on Bloor, is The King Henry IIIV Ale House

Fullers ESB on draft... one of the best beers you can get in Toronto

Think you mean Royal York subway station, but yes, I agree with you. King Henry VIII Alehouse is a great little pub.

BTW, tried an awesome microbrew from a new local brewery (Spearhead Brewery) yesterday - Hawaiian Pale Ale. As the name would suggest, there is a hint of pineapple in it - awesome. I will be drinking that on a regular basis, no question.

P-NUTZ
07-18-2011, 12:47 PM

I recommend this one - you can get it from the LCBO for $2.25 or so in the tall can. It's my favorite to buy there.

I also reco all beer be drunk from a glass. It is more sanitary than a can, tastes better, and is less gassy so you have a happier tummy that can drink more with less interference.

:drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking:

James Oliphant
07-19-2011, 03:18 AM
I've only got one bottle of that Christmas time Highland Cask in the green box. I've been saving it for a special occasion, like a TFC playoff spot or next Christmas when I can restock the fridge... whichever comes sooner. :(

Did you get the 3-pack with the glass? That was actually my first taste of I&G...I've been hooked ever since. I still drink a variety of stuff (mostly Steam Whistle, Erdinger or Hacker-Pschorr, Guinness cans and whatever new discoveries I make at the LCBO), but that's become my go-to sipping/quiet enjoyment beer.

Pookie
07-19-2011, 07:35 AM
I did. I really liked the Winter Cask included pack but it isn't available as a single.

Noticing that the LCBO, perhaps just my local one, isn't carrying the Blonde lately. Anyone else having a shortage of Blondes?

TFC_Junky
07-19-2011, 08:21 AM
This one is kinda interesting. Only seen it in Italy though.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jIYc1pJQ9k4/Skof0m9RmzI/AAAAAAAABJs/wN4EVz6_yuw/s400/hellbeer.jpg

Derko
07-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Muskoka Cream Ale is quite nice on a hot day, so is the Mill Street Organic, but then again, my wife calls me a beer 'HO', The SPA or Arkell Best Bitter from Wellington and The Galt Knife or Plowman's Ale from Grand River Brewing Company are excellent local choices if you are out Guelph/Cambridge way.

Cheers to good beer from all over the world,
Remember what good old Benjamin Franklin said ' ...Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy.....'

Petor
07-19-2011, 10:24 AM
When ever I'm in Montreal I try to visit Dieu Du Ciel(Sky Gods) brew pub.
They are up on the Plateau near St. Laurent and St. Joseph.

Great beers and food, more like beer munchies, pizza, sandwiches, etc.

My favorite is Péché Mortel(Mortal Sin), a great stout.
I've seen some of their beers at the Queens Quay LCBO, I think Summerhill has some as well.

Their beer list...
http://www.dieuduciel.com/en/beers.php