PDA

View Full Version : What Club did you support before TFC, and what clubs do you follow

Doucet3
07-14-2011, 07:41 PM
I was just wondering who followed what clubs you follow and what ones you support

The 2 Clubs I Support are: Manchester United and Toronto FC

The Clubs I Follow: AC Milan, Paris St-Germain and Montreal Impact (I know i might get shot for this last one, but i love Montreal; the place is just a intense place ahah:canada:)

Cheers :drinking:

ArmenJBX
07-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Support: Toronto FC and Valencia CF
Follow: Chelsea, Milan, Vancouver

TFCRegina
07-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Support: 1st Division North America (as well as number 1 for me): Toronto FC
Follow - 2nd Div: FC Edmonton
Support - Brazil: Botafogo
Follow - England: Newcastle
Follow - Spain: Barcelona

s2cazz
07-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Support: Inter Milan, Toronto FC
Follow: Windsor Stars, Boca Juniors, FK Crvena Zvezda

redcard
07-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Other than TFC my club...I would say i follow leagues rather than individual clubs...ie EPL, Bundesliga

kcisoul
07-14-2011, 08:06 PM
I have supported TFC since they have been in the MLS, before that I would have to say Houston only because of De Ro playing there are the time.

MLS - Support - TFC
Follow - Edmonton FC
EPL - Follow - Totenham and Arsenal (I understand that your not suppost to have 2 fav teams in a eague but I grew up with hockey and always had 2 fav teams)

flatpicker
07-14-2011, 08:11 PM
I supported no team before Toronto.
But I am a fan of Bristol Rovers, and have been to a couple of games.
(I'm obviously drawn to the glamorous clubs).

Waggy
07-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Support strongly TFC
Support Tottenham
closely follow Ajax
casually follow Beitar Jerusalem, Estudiantes de la Plata, Fenerbace

Pre TFC I was only casually following Tottenham and Ajax, I only picked up the other 3 clubs due to friends who support them and kind of drew me in, and that didn't happen until 2006/2007/2008 respectively

s2cazz
07-14-2011, 08:13 PM
I have supported TFC since they have been in the MLS, before that I would have to say Houston only because of De Ro playing there are the time.

MLS - Support - TFC
Follow - Edmonton FC
EPL - Follow - Totenham and Arsenal (I understand that your not suppost to have 2 fav teams in a eague but I grew up with hockey and always had 2 fav teams)
Theres nothing wrong with that. I love Inter and always will but there is a soft spot in my heart for SS Lazio

prizby
07-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Support: TFC
Support a bit less than TFC: FC Barca, underdogs like Blackpool and St. Pauli who try to play positive footy...QPR this year
Follow: Borussia Dortmund, since a close friend of mine is a die hard
Hate: Liverpool, NYRB, Puerto Rico
Hate with a passion: Man United, Real Madrid, KKKrew

Azerban
07-14-2011, 08:47 PM
i thought i supported bayern munich, but then when i got my own team i realized that "watching on a chinese stream" doesn't equal support

so i'm a fan of bayern munich

DichioTFC
07-14-2011, 08:48 PM
First and only club I support is Toronto FC. I followed soccer as a relative outsider for years but never met anyone growing who strongly followed a football club, so I didn't have any connections to any foreign clubs.

I only follow other football clubs for video games or gambling...

World Cup gambling: US, Spain, Holland, Germany
FIFA 10: Inter Milan (starting using them while they were in the group stage of UCL)
FIFA 11: Bayern Munich, Spain (started using them after they won WC :D)
FM11: Boreham Wood, Real Madrid

ryan
07-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Before TFC: Canada
Follow: Norwich City, Rangers

Dreadlocks
07-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Prior to TFC

EPL: Arsenal
La Liga: Real Madrid (not such a big fan these days)
Serie A: AC Milan
Argentina: River Plate and Boca Juniors
Brazil: Flamengo and Santos

Favorite all-time teams: 2010/11 Barcelona & 1986 World Cup Champs Argentina

TFC_905
07-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Clubs I Support: Toronto FC, AC Milan
Clubs I Follow: Toronto FC, AC Milan
Clubs I hate: Inter

Suds
07-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Clubs I support: Chelsea FC & Toronto FC
Clubs I follow: Nottingham Forest

Clubs I hate: anyone who hates my teams ... which is just about everyone. :D

mclaren
07-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Forever Sunderland

TFC Via Buffalo
07-14-2011, 09:23 PM
TFC is pretty much what brought me into footy to begin with. I watched the World Cup and supported the US and Italy and I bought a Juventus jersey at a store in 05 because it looked cool. Now, the flood gates opened and I love this sport and my teams.

Support: TFC, Liverpool, Juventus, USMNT, Italian National Team

Follow: Adelaide United FC (My aunt is from there)

Flint
07-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Support: TFC, Olympiakos
Follow: Crvena Zvezda

Ossington Mental Youth
07-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Werder Bremen

TFC Bhoy
07-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Support: Celtic, Liverpool, TFC
Follow: Bayern Munich, Barca

craigtfc
07-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Support - Liverpool FC and of course TFC

I cheer for everyone playing against manchester united

Cashcleaner
07-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Used to support Hibernian in Scotland bigtime. Man United was my favourite English team as well. Been to quite a few EPL and SPL matches, but now TFC takes up all my support. I watch other leagues sparingly now, but try to catch international matches when I can.

dclaro
07-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Support: Toronto FC, SL Benfica, Arsenal
Follow: Real Madrid

liv4evr
07-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Support : Leicester City, TFC and Rangers

Follow: Bayern Munich, PSG

flambe
07-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Support. Bristol Rovers and TFC - hometown clubs.
Follow. Liverpool from my uni days there.

Nomad
07-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Support: Toronto FC

Follow: France National Team, Lyon

Hate: St. Pauli

Hate even more: people who say they like St. Pauli

DangerRed
07-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Clubs I love: TFC, Chelsea FC

Clubs I follow: F.C. Barcelona

Clubs I hate: Columbus Crew, Real Madrid, Manchester United (bunch of cunts, except Wayne, who, let's face it, is a great football player).

Clubs whose shirts I own: TFC, Chelsea, Barcelona.

FAVORITE FOOTBALLER OF ALL TIME: Didier Drogba.

bman27
07-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Support TFC and Leeds United
I'll watch any EPl thats on during a weekend but always cheer for who ever is playing Manchester United or Chelsea.

I also have a bit of a soft spot for York city as well, but don't tend to follow it as much

neuf
07-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Hate: St. Pauli

Hate even more: people who say they like St. Pauli

YES! Despite all the so-called St Pauli fans in this city, it was impossible to find a bar showing the derbies this year.

http://www.hsv-forum.de/images/smilies/hsvklatsch.gif

dupont
07-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Toronto FC and Newcastle United

tfcocd
07-14-2011, 11:11 PM
Before TFC there wasn't really a natural overseas club to follow for me. I liked EPL but couldn't really connect with a particular club. There was Fulham because they had a Canadian on the roster, Man City because they were the rival of the 'yankees' of EPL.

Then in 2006 finally went to EPL game and just by fluke it was at St Andrew's. Supported the blues ever since. Follow the big 4 in EPL which can obviously change from season to season.

Yep, following the Npower this year.

colman1860
07-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Support: 1860 Munich, TFC
Follow: West Brom
Hate: Bayern

Dkolish3
07-15-2011, 12:10 AM
1. Toronto 2. Wigan!!! 3. Napoli

Why? The doctor says its because I hate myself

jloome
07-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Support TFC and Liverpool,
follow Valencia, EPL, SPL, La Liga,

TFC OZZ
07-15-2011, 12:28 AM
Support: Newcastle United FC, Toronto FC
Follow: Chelsea

GuelphStorm2007
07-15-2011, 12:31 AM
Teams I support TFC. Fiorentina, ManU, PSG, Roma.
Teams I despise. Chelsea, A.C. Milan, Columbus Crew.

Teams That I follow Vancouver Whitecaps, Montreal Impact, (Can Con) Juventus and Celtic.

Ricky_Portugal
07-15-2011, 02:54 AM
Teams I support sl benfica tfc portugal chile and canada
Teams I follow man u man city liverpool chelsea arsenal real madrid juventus barca inter lazio
Teams I hate kkkrew limpact whitecraps

Wull
07-15-2011, 06:37 AM
Toronto FC, Airdrie United, Everton, Barca, Inter, Dortmund, Monaco and St Etienne

Fort York Redcoat
07-15-2011, 06:43 AM
Canada
Toronto
Man United
Rangers

pekduck
07-15-2011, 06:53 AM
Support: Toronto FC / Canadian M/W National Team
Follow: no particular clubs / Germany M/W National Team
Checking pulse once in a while: Chinese M/W National Team (lol)

Toronto Funk
07-15-2011, 07:02 AM
First love - Wimbledon FC (until the motherf@&/ing owners moved the team to Milton Keynes) now am a proud supporter of AFC Wimbledon.

Of course am a huge TFC fan, all other MLS teams are scum!

Oldtimer
07-15-2011, 07:04 AM
Support :Toronto FC

Follow:
Canada
Manchester United
OGC Nice (France D1)

Before TFC: Toronto Lynx in USL, DC United in MLS.

Technorgasm
07-15-2011, 07:10 AM
STEVENAGE Borough FC - UP the BORO!
. . . and some small club on Merseyside, Lancashire, that no one has ever heard of.

This has got to be at LEAST the 10th time this topic has made the rounds here.

YNWA

Fort York Redcoat
07-15-2011, 07:12 AM
^At least.

But it's good for a lil reminder. It's the first time this year. Maybe in 2?

kodiakTFC
07-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Support: TFC, Canada, Liverpool.
Follow: England, Italy.

I follow every league imaginable but I'm more so just keeping tabs rather than supporting teams. I would say I'm partial to many teams though; Reading and Brighton.

TOBOR !
07-15-2011, 07:46 AM
is no-one going to point out the glaring error made by that chap upthread ? Supporting both Tottenham and Arsenal ?

Anyway : LFC, NCFC, PAFC (places I lived as a child - moved around a bit).
Curiosities : Torino, Tokyo Verdy, Recreativo de Huelva, 1 FC Nuremberg

There are some fantastic stories out there in world club football, and once you read some of them it's hard not to feel an affinity for some of those sides. Maybe even 'follow' or 'support' them. Try not to get hung up on just the UEFA Champions League regulars.

Footy is a rich tapestry - don't get caught up in only the bright colours of the latest images, study the faded bits as well.

Pinkie
07-15-2011, 07:48 AM
Checking pulse once in a while: Chinese M/W National Team (lol)

LMAO fave quote of the thread.

on-topic

support with fervour: TFC
support with some fervour: French Men's/Women's National Team; Canadian Men's/Women's National Team (they would be first if you know they got anywhere)
follow: Olympique Lyonnais.

koryo
07-15-2011, 07:50 AM
Leeds United since 1979/80 and forever.

ps: supporting both Spurs and Gunners contradicts the laws of physics. As does Real Madrid & Barcelona, Rangers & Celtic.

Sorry, but he's full of it :)

Gazza
07-15-2011, 07:56 AM

ps: supporting both Spurs and Gunners contradicts the laws of physics. As does Real Madrid & Barcelona, Rangers & Celtic.

I noticed someone mentioned their support for Boca AND River Plate, that made me choke on my coffee a bit.

Gazza
07-15-2011, 07:58 AM
I put Toronto teams ahead of everyone else so TFC would be first.
19 time Champion Manchester United.
Sligo Rovers.

I don't hate any other team. I usually just pity them and their fans.

ACSertL
07-15-2011, 08:06 AM
Bayern...they are the reason I even give a damn about this sport :)

I also try to follow Nottingham Forest and AIK Solna. I also have a soft spot for 1 FC Nürnberg.

__wowza
07-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Support: Tottenham/Toronto FC

Follow: OM / Newcastle (until last year)

ManUtd4ever
07-15-2011, 08:16 AM
I Support:

Toronto FC
Manchester United
Canada
England

I follow:

Inter Milan
Israel

RedsYNWA
07-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Support; TFC, LIVERPOOL, CANADA, POLAND
Follow; Monaco, Malaga, England, Czech Rep.,Borussia Dortmund
Don't Like; Everton, Barca, Russia & Germany
Hate; Man United

kodiakTFC
07-15-2011, 08:22 AM

Have you not met a Stage 3 Bandwagoner? I knew a guy at school who cheered for Man U, Man City, Barca and Real. Oh and his national side was Spain.

He is from none of these places for the record. He was the kind of guy who was talk formations and such with us at the bar and just get everything wrong. I'm not talking minute details but players actual position.

Ugh, people suck.

swan
07-15-2011, 08:29 AM
so it looks like United are the team most supported ( besides TFC) and the most hated..lol

support- TFC and The Arsenal

follow- the epl

hate- United, Barca, krew arrg the hate.:cuss::deadhorse: ( the horse is these teams and im holding the stick)

TOBOR !
07-15-2011, 08:31 AM
Bayern...they are the reason I even give a damn about this sport :)

I also try to follow Nottingham Forest and AIK Solna. I also have a soft spot for 1 FC Nürnberg.

Damn you and your fancy umlauts.

McBrace
07-15-2011, 08:33 AM
Club Support: TFC, Chelsea, Porto
National Support: Canada, Portugal
Follow: EPL
Casually follow: Celtic, Barca, Real Madrid.
Hate: Every other MLS Team, and whomever is playing the teams I support.

ACSertL
07-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Damn you and your fancy umlauts.

:D I'm a stickler for accuracy

Parkdale
07-15-2011, 08:46 AM
my first job was reffing soccer for $5 a game back when was 12 or so.
let's just say that reffing soccer as a pre-teen is a traumatic experience, and will make you hate everything about the game.

Luckily it didn't scar me for life, and I got into watching anything I could find on basic cable.

(in 1994, after the cup final, I saw some idiots in a limo drive into my VERY Italian neighborhood
while waving a Brazilian flag out of the sunroof. Then a brick hit their window, it was great! )

The French National team was an easy fit, and who I always cheered for in FIFA tourneys.

cherono
07-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Support: TFC, Liverpool
Casually Follow: Luton Town, Cadiz
Dislike: Crew, Man U and is there some sort of CONCACAF referee club? 'Cause I'd dislike them too...

Huyton
Support:
Liverpool. They were in the 2nd division when my Dad took me to my first game at Anfield. I was also on The Kop when the European Cup was shown at Anfield for the first game of the 1977/78 season.

Toronto FC. 'nuff said.

Milltown FC.

Redcoe15
Teams I love: Toronto FC.

Teams I hate: Columbus, Vancouver, Seattle, Chicago, Real Salt Lake (for the worst Europosing name out there), and Montreal when they arrive next year.

I can't get excited over any overseas teams I have no connection with. But if I was pressed to come up with a team I might be interested in, it would be Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Razor
Support: Liverpool FC and Toronto FC
Follow: Celtic FC and QPR

Piss on Man U and Chelsea

__wowza
07-15-2011, 08:49 AM
Have you not met a Stage 3 Bandwagoner? I knew a guy at school who cheered for Man U, Man City, Barca and Real. Oh and his national side was Spain.

i always try and get under my buddies skin, he's a gooner. i dont hate arsenal per say (even though i said i did) i mainly hate them because i hate my friend running up to me and shouting "SHALL WE MAKE YOU A DVD!?" and then getting all pissy when i remind him we went further in the champions league / hadnt lost to them in league play that year.

one of the sure-fire ways i've found to piss him off though is to question his loyalty to the club, i often described his interest as "he picked up a copy of fifa 04 and saw that they were the best team.."

__wowza
07-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Dislike: Crew, Man U and is there some sort of CONCACAF referee club?

yup, there is.. it's called the MLS :(

Parkdale
07-15-2011, 08:51 AM
don't forget guys.....

the topic is 'Before' TFC. let's get some backstory here.

Parkdale
07-15-2011, 08:54 AM
also...

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/icons/icon4.gifhttp://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/icons/icon4.gifhttp://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/icons/icon4.gifhttp://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/icons/icon4.gifhttp://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/icons/icon4.gif

Moderator note ----- this thread is NOT "who do you hate"

we can probably figure out who you hate based on who you like, but please... let's keep it positive.

(except for the Crew, who are a bunch of fuckin' fuckety fucks)

gcolacci
07-15-2011, 08:56 AM
Before TFC

I always loved soccer however i never really had one club that i followed.

I was driven to be a AC Milan fan because im Italian and that's the team i found that grew on me.

TFC really got me into the worldwide soccer leagues and made me learn alot more about the sport.

The past couple years in my travels i have gone to watch games in spain and england. In Spain i saw an Athletico Madrid game. Which was an incredible experience in a great stadium, and then last year i saw Arsenal play in a champions league match.

Realistically i would say tfc opened me up to a can of worms.

Canary_canuck
07-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Norwich City ( first ) and Manchester City, both since the 1950s. Manchester City have to be one of the most eccentric teams ever.
Favourite soccer book: Manchester United Ruined My Life
Favourite soccer movie: A Shot at Glory

Alixir
07-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Support - Before and always....JEF United (sorry TFC but JEF will always be #1 to me)
Follow - Toronto FC, Newcastle

Detroit_TFC
07-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Before TFC, nominally Chicago because I'm originally from there. Honestly I didn't pay too much attention to MLS (not a hater, just didn't have much reason to look at it). Went to a game in Chicago summer of 2003, was impressed and started paying more attention to MLS, so by the time TFC was announced I was primed for it.

My other love is Manchester City FC. I am not a bandwagoner but close, started following them when Sven was there briefly. Prior to that I followed Arsenal, mainly due to the Hornsby book. But Cupid's arrow hit and now I am CTID.

My third other love is the US Nats. This is surprising to me because I've all my life been repelled by flagwaving and jingoism. In the context of the game I can accept it. I see the world game making me a part of a global community and that's the main satisfaction I get from supporting my national team, if that makes any sense.

tfcleeds
07-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Teams I support: Leeds United, TFC, Juventus, Deportivo La Coruna, Gremio, Santa Cruz (Brazil), Canada, Republic of Ireland, Brazil, Zambia.

Team in MLS I followed before TFC came along: NE Revs

Teams I follow or have a mild interest in: Ajax, Aberdeen, River Plate, Liverpool (until Leeds get back to the Prem), Werder Bremen, Monaco, Porto, Nagoya Grampus

Teams I hate: man utd, Galatasaray, Real Madrid, Milan, Internacional, Sport Recife, Columbus KKKrew, Montreal

Teams I despise to a lesser degree: Chelsea, Rangers, Cardiff, Millwall, PSV Eindhoven, Boca Juniors, Palmeiras, and the newest one on the list, Leicester City.

Huyton
07-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Before TFC? Then I'd have to add that I supported the Blizzard. I was at the last NASL game between Toronto and Chicago. Oh, and I did go to see Toronto Metros-Croatia once.

I used to enjoy watching Jomo Sono, Peter Lorimer, David Fairclough, Roberto Bettega and Ace Ntsoelengoe, as well as a good proportion of the Canadian Mens National Team.

When Juventus came to play after Italy won the World Cup in 1982, I think I was the only person in the crowd cheering for the Blizzard.

P-NUTZ
07-15-2011, 09:11 AM
support dads team since childhood - JUVE :flare:

also support mums team since childhood - MAN U :drum:

glad i have these to fall back on with our TFC causing such headaches. :drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking:

Parkdale
07-15-2011, 09:17 AM
I see the world game making me a part of a global community and that's the main satisfaction I get from supporting my national team, if that makes any sense.

yep, totally understand that side of it

Northern Soul
07-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Support: Liverpool, Rangers
Follow: Macclesfield Town (Mum is from Macclesfield)

TOBOR !
07-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Some of these national side choices require some explaining - notably Zambia up there... is that down to the tragic story of the Gabon Air Disaster and the subsequent rebuilding of the national side ?

I'll add that I follow England and Canada, but also Malta (my birthplace - certainly not because of the glory).

edit - amazing that Zambia were ranked as high as 15th according to FIFA (in 1996).

Joe Kool
07-15-2011, 09:27 AM
I was actually never a soccer fan before 2000 with the exception of doing what a majority do and watch only the World Cup games. I was a hockey only person. Played summer and winter hockey. Hockey, hockey, hockey but then I was severely injured and hospitalized from a hit from behind which came close to killing me or at least making me a quadriplegic. Luckily I escaped with a severely shattered shoulder and arm only. I couldn't watch hockey anymore or be around an arena for a long time. I put on a Liverpool/ManU game one morning I was up on Saturday and just got hooked and they have no boards to run into :) I started to watch EPL and found myself enjoying Chelsea matches best so I became a supporter. Then I started watching La Liga and SPL and became fans of Real Madrid and Rangers. I have family that actually work in the Rangers organization and my whole family in Scotland are Rangers supporters so not a big surprise I became one too. Then TFC came in 2007 and I attended my first live game on "seat cushion day" and the rest is history. Never really went back to hockey at all but I can watch games again these days at least without getting too nervous when the puck goes in the corner.

flambe
07-15-2011, 09:27 AM
I can't get excited over any overseas teams I have no connection with. But if I was pressed to come up with a team I might be interested in, it would be Wolverhampton Wanderers.

So you're being pressed and the best you can come up with is Wolves?
:D

There must be some connection to them, surely?

tfcleeds
07-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Some of these national side choices require some explaining - notably Zambia up there... is that down to the tragic story of the Gabon Air Disaster and the subsequent rebuilding of the national side ?

I'll add that I follow England and Canada, but also Malta (my birthplace - certainly not because of the glory).

edit - amazing that Zambia were ranked as high as 15th according to FIFA (in 1996).

I support Zambia after having lived there for a year, but now that you mention it, yeah, the air disaster definitely made me sympathetic towards them, although I didn't support them because of it.

I only support Brazil because I lived there for awhile too, I actually kinda despised them before, lol.

s2cazz
07-15-2011, 09:33 AM
is no-one going to point out the glaring error made by that chap upthread ? Supporting both Tottenham and Arsenal ?

I saw a LFC and Juventus too.

s2cazz
07-15-2011, 09:34 AM
my first job was reffing soccer for $5 a game back when was 12 or so.
let's just say that reffing soccer as a pre-teen is a traumatic experience, and will make you hate everything about the game.

Luckily it didn't scar me for life, and I got into watching anything I could find on basic cable.

(in 1994, after the cup final, I saw some idiots in a limo drive into my VERY Italian neighborhood
while waving a Brazilian flag out of the sunroof. Then a brick hit their window, it was great! )

The French National team was an easy fit, and who I always cheered for in FIFA tourneys.

There is celebrating and then there is being a douche.

Davenport
07-15-2011, 09:36 AM
So you're being pressed and the best you can come up with is Wolves?
:D

There must be some connection to them, surely?

I've got a lot of mates who support Wolves. They are massive.

TOBOR !
07-15-2011, 09:38 AM
I saw a LFC and Juventus too.

Yeah, but stepping back a bit you can kind of see where a sense of brotherhood could grow between the two sides in some respect. Tragedy drives people apart, but also brings them together.

Imagine if someone cheered for Lazio and Roma ! or Milan and Inter !

Razor
07-15-2011, 09:43 AM
I've got a lot of mates who support Wolves. They are massive.

I had footy last night and one of the opposing players was decked out head to toe in a Wolves kit. Looked good.

s2cazz
07-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Yeah, but stepping back a bit you can kind of see where a sense of brotherhood could grow between the two sides in some respect. Tragedy drives people apart, but also brings them together.

Imagine if someone cheered for Lazio and Roma ! or Milan and Inter !

That only happens when the tragedy is an act of god, not the fault of one of the parties involved.

Milan - Inter or Lazio - Roma would just be fucked

tfcleeds
07-15-2011, 09:44 AM
^Agreed (with Torbor). I don't think there is necessarily a hatred between Liverpool and Juventus (unless you're a member of the Drughi, of course), in fact, the relationship between the two clubs has been quite positive since, or at least, been tried to make positive.

TOBOR !
07-15-2011, 09:49 AM
That only happens when the tragedy is an act of god, not the fault of one of the parties involved.

best not go there (lid/worms).

Davenport
07-15-2011, 09:50 AM
I had footy last night and one of the opposing players was decked out head to toe in a Wolves kit. Looked good.
It's really sharp and traditional.

trane
07-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Il Gran Milan. AC Milan. Why because I am Milanese, and Milan is Milano's team. I do not hate our cousins Inter, but Milano siamo noi. I have a soft spot for Roma as my family is from there originaly.

I followed Everton for a long time, and still have a soft spot for them, but these days I watch Calcio almost exclusively.

lintberg
07-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Support - Toronto FC, Arsenal, England, Canada

trane
07-15-2011, 09:53 AM

My son likes both Inter and Milan, becuase his favourite uncle is an Intersita and his father is a Milanista. He justifies by saying that he loves Milano and Italy, so he likes teams from Milano and Italy. He is seven.

TOBOR !
07-15-2011, 09:55 AM
a bit more about the Zambia air crash here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Zambia_national_football_team_air_disaster) (not on topic, I know, but I think it's interesting and it's part of the fabric of football).

What's not mentioned on the wiki page is the choice of the FAZ to use an old, decrepid military plane to fly the team, rather than a commercial airline.

One reason was the cost. The FAZ wouldn't spend the money for the players, however the FAZ executives flew commercial.

The players didn't mind too much, though, as military planes aren't subject to customs procedures, so any items purchased and brought back wouldn't have to be declared.

A very tragic tale.

TFCin110
07-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Support: Manchester United FC, TFC
Dislike: Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal
Hate: Scousers
Irrelevant: Leeds...lol

Ivan
07-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Support: Spurs
Follow: Ajax, Red Star
Follow locally: White Eagles (father in law is a huge supporter)

CSO_BBTB
07-15-2011, 10:10 AM
As a kid one side of my family was Hamilton Accies (was dragged along to watch them from a very young age), the other side solidly Rangers (except for one cousin who opted for Hearts instead). Accies is the first and strongest loyalty but definitely not neutral when it comes to the Old Firm. At the junior level (Scottish people will know what I'm talking about even if nobody else does) Blantyre Vics, Bo'ness United and Ballieston (sadly now defunct) were teams where there was a bit of a family tie in and occasionally watched them play as well (mainly the Vics) but stuck to the senior level of the game for the most part. At various points also watched East Stirling, Falkirk and Aberdeen games quite a bit due to where I tended to be on a Saturday afternoon rather than any feeling of loyalty.

On moving to Canada the CSL had just been launched and slowly got into the Blizzard rather than the Hamilton Steelers when watching games on TSN because I'd seen their coach play for the Accies, they played in red and white like the Accies do and there was still the lingering hope another league like the NASL would emerge. Also watched the Lasers when London had a team given that's where I lived at the time but sadly it was all too obvious that wasn't going to last because the interest just wasn't there due to the relatively low playing standards of most CSL teams. When the Blizzard failed to get into the new D1 setup when the USSF opted for MLS rather than the APSL as the 1994 World Cup legacy league it looked very much like there would never be another pro team in southern Ontario worth getting excited about again.

Followed all the ups and downs that followed in Canadian pro soccer closely but wasn't able to make an emotional investment in the Lynx after what happened with the CSL given they were basically just one man's ego trip and were obviously never going to be the answer at D1 level. Still find it amazing that TFC ultimately emerged the way they did and now pay way more attention to TFC than I do to Scottish stuff.

ACSertL
07-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Il Gran Milan. AC Milan. Why because I am Milanese, and Milan is Milano's team. I do not hate our cousins Inter, but Milano siamo noi. I have a soft spot for Roma as my family is from there originaly.

I followed Everton for a long time, and still have a soft spot for them, but these days I watch Calcio almost exclusively.

You forgot IFK Göteborg ;)

Wull
07-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Toronto FC, Airdrie United, Everton, Barca, Inter, Dortmund, Monaco and St Etienne

explanation Airdrie are my homeotwn team, was a season ticket holder until they died, followed the resurrected United after that.

Everton - working class club with a great tradition and a lot of Scottish links, a few hours on the 6am train from Glasgow of a weekend and you're in for a great day and night.

Barca - political. Dad hated madrid and franco, natural affiliation between Scots and Catalans and Barca stood as a symbol for all that is good as far as I'm concerned.

Inter - forever in the shadow of ac when I was growing up, never liked them so who better to cheer for?

Dortmund - working class place and dared to challenge bayern, cemented when they signed a few Scottish players.

Monaco - Enzo Scifo! Vastly under-rated and signed John Collins as well.

St Etienne - once great, fell on hard times. I have a thing for fallen giants

s2cazz
07-15-2011, 11:28 AM
My son likes both Inter and Milan, becuase his favourite uncle is an Intersita and his father is a Milanista. He justifies by saying that he loves Milano and Italy, so he likes teams from Milano and Italy. He is seven.
Good for him. Atleast he has his zizi to show him the way! (I kid).

I don't hate AC. In fact the majority of my friends are AC fans (Although they probably watch very few games). There are a few that I absolutely detest but i will keep those to myself.

Roogsy
07-15-2011, 11:32 AM
I have been a fully paid-up "soci" of FC Barcelona for years. Part-owner if you will. :D

Toronto FC is the only other team I support.

I follow plenty of teams. United in the EPL. Inter in Serie A. But I only consider myself a supporter of 2.

Whoop
07-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Support: Ajax Amsterdam (the first club I ever started following, Ajax Life member), SL Benfica (have more accessibility to them given I know the language, socio in the club)

If push comes to shove I'd support Ajax over Benfica

Follow: Usually any club that has any prominent ex-Ajax players as I follow guys like Van der Vaart and Sneijder for example

Technorgasm
07-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Hot Busty Jello-Wrestling Strippers FC

Get drunk on Free beer FC

Teen Sex FC

Is it 5 oclock on a friday yet FC?

Get fucked and fuckin Eat it you fuckin-fuck FC.

signed;

TEH NORB FC.

jaahuuu
07-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Follow - Fiorentina (family ties), Crystal Palace (got some players' cards in 1991, liked them ever since), Schalke (friends there/first major soccer stadium I visited)

Casually follow - Paris Saint-Germain, Ajax (no idea why for either)

Really casually follow - FC United of Manchester (was a founding member but i let it lapse), Juventus (former stockholder, but I sold it)

It's basically the same now, but TFC is on top, and about once a season I go to an FC Buffalo game.

lobo
07-15-2011, 01:07 PM
TFC ..... Arsenal, AZ, Roma

KNVB, CMNT

Parkdale
07-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Is it 5 oclock on a friday yet FC?

sporting let me out of this fucking office FC

Parkdale
07-15-2011, 01:16 PM
1st and foremost - Toronto FC

after that I support Olympique Marseille. Why? Not sure really, but I've love the city and have been to the Stade Velodrome, so that's justifications enough really. And some of the best French players have come through there. Hell..... even JDG got his start at L'OM (well in the youth teams)

as for the EPL, Spain, Germany, Italy etc.... I just like to watch a good game.

London
07-15-2011, 01:19 PM
the game was invented by Toronto FC, i know nothing of these teams people are talking about

Parkdale
07-15-2011, 01:20 PM
the game was invented by Toronto FC, i know nothing of these teams people are talking about

well if we invented it..... you think we'd be better at it ;)

London
07-15-2011, 01:21 PM

i never claimed they were the best LOL

Azerban
07-15-2011, 01:23 PM

see: the english national team

London
07-15-2011, 01:26 PM
see: the english national team

that is a quality burn:D

Belfast_Boy
07-15-2011, 01:31 PM

nah, it's the same as basketball. we're shit at that too!

and to stay on topic, been supporting LFC since I was a kid. felt like I was cheating supporting TFC at the beginning.

spinx
07-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Support:
Chelsea
Toronto
Wolves

Follow:
All EPL
Valencia CF

Loathe:
ManU

harveysaz
07-15-2011, 02:31 PM
I was also at the Blizzard-Juventus game in 1982 and I cheered for the Blizzard. Was the final score 1:1? I loved the Blizzard then, but today it's TFC forever.

Derko
07-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Support:
Toronto
Blackpool
Canada
England

Follow:
EPL
Championship
Eircom

Like:
Iceland
Ireland
Germany
Holland
Sweden

Dislike:
Sepp Blatter and his corrupt influence
France
Italy

trane
07-15-2011, 03:00 PM
You forgot IFK Göteborg ;)

You are very corect I do follow both IFKand orebro.

trane
07-15-2011, 03:02 PM
I hate using iPads for this

Technorgasm
07-15-2011, 03:46 PM
sporting let me out of this fucking office FC

real lee gotto GTFO O'here FC.

prizby
07-15-2011, 04:05 PM
also...

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/icons/icon4.gifhttp://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/icons/icon4.gifhttp://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/icons/icon4.gifhttp://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/icons/icon4.gifhttp://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/icons/icon4.gif

Moderator note ----- this thread is NOT "who do you hate"

we can probably figure out who you hate based on who you like, but please... let's keep it positive.

(except for the Crew, who are a bunch of fuckin' fuckety fucks)

the clubs i hate, i follow...i follow to hope to see them burn

cherono
07-15-2011, 04:21 PM
I've had seasons since day one, been on away days and love TFC, but initially I'd still go to the Euro websites first each morning for footy news. Gradually, I don't know exactly when it happened, but it was about two or three years ago that I found myself having to get TFC news first every day, usually denime's "Today's News", and lately several times throughout the day! It's become clear that I still love my "other" team, but TFC's the clear number one now. For better or worse, haha!

Wombat
07-15-2011, 04:42 PM
My Teams

LEICESTER CITY

ENGLAND

TFC

LIVERPOOL

Dazed
07-15-2011, 08:22 PM
My team is Reading and now TFC. Don't really follow any other clubs, just keep eye on scores from back home. All the other clubs fall into teams I don't mind and teams I hate.

brad
07-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Manchester United for over 20 years now. Dad is from the area so I came into it that way. Also follow the fortunes of Carlisle United as I have a lot of family around there and family members that have been inloved in the youth ranks with them.

habstfc
07-15-2011, 10:07 PM
Love... TFC..WEST HAM UNITED, CANADA, ENGLAND

Follow...Liverpool, RC Lens (admittedly not as closely layely) Spain

Hate.... Manchester united, Real Madrid

Whoop
07-15-2011, 10:39 PM
It's funny in terms of National Teams, aside from Canada at #1 of course, I support the Dutch National Team even though I'm not Dutch. People automatically assume I support Portugal, and by extension Brazil, but I don't. LOL

I blame Marco van Basten my favourite player of all time. LOL

CretanBull
07-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Love: Leeds, TFC, Canada and England.

Follow: Barcalona, Notts County

Hate: Man U

Juanito
07-15-2011, 11:12 PM
nah, it's the same as basketball. we're shit at that too!

and to stay on topic, been supporting LFC since I was a kid. felt like I was cheating supporting TFC at the beginning.

Yes, TFC to me is like cheating on your wife. I fell in love with Liverpool many years ago, we got married and had six children .... ;) . I see Liverpool as the wife that lives far away for political reasons and TFC the next-door, toothless, one-legged whore that I shag out of convenience.

My three loves are on my signature.

I follow MANY teams, I think I'm as bad as tfcleeds! HA HA HA!

Nerepis
07-15-2011, 11:21 PM
TFC, The Arsenal and St. Pauli

tfcleeds
07-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Yes, TFC to me is like cheating on your wife. I fell in love with Liverpool many years ago, we got married and had six children .... ;) . I see Liverpool as the wife that lives far away for political reasons and TFC the next-door, toothless, one-legged whore that I shag out of convenience.

My three loves are on my signature.

I follow MANY teams, I think I'm as bad as tfcleeds! HA HA HA!

Hey, the way I figure it, ya gotta have one team in each of the major leagues, right? ;)

123 elite
07-16-2011, 12:15 AM
Love Celtic, Morton, TFC, Leeds
Like Fiorentina, St Pauli, FSV Zwickau, Athletico Bilbao, Barcelona, Rotherham Utd, St Etienne
Absolutely despise Chelsea, Real Madrid, Rangers, Linfield, Red Star Belgrade and any other bastard european teams i cant think of right now and that bunch of cretins that got relegated in Argentina this year. And Racing Club. And Athletico Madrid. And Rangers again.

CSO_BBTB
07-16-2011, 12:17 AM

Think Milan are the Serie A team Pat has developed amnesia over if my recollections of past conversations are accurate.

...just to wind up the poster immediately above, forgot to mention that Linfield were my grandfather's Irish League team based on the part of Belfast the family was originally from (was always told it was no accident that Bo'ness United his favoured junior team wore the same colours and that they were very much the team to follow in that context. Still do to a very limited extent.) People sometimes look at me like I'm a weirdo for not having a favourite Premiership team when asked, in an English context I very casually follow the fortunes of Barnet these days because ex-England star Jimmy Greaves said that Accies home ground reminded him of his days as a player there on a TV programme called On The Ball. Also got into NK Zagreb to a very limited extent based on conversations on this board's immediate forerunner with the Slunj branch of BBB due to the non-hooligan orientation of their hardcore fans and their similarity in scale relative to Dinamo with Hamilton Accies relative to the Old Firm.

shutupkid
07-16-2011, 07:43 AM
EVERTON (going to see them win on Wednesday in Philly and Saturday in D.C.:pbjtime:)

Shep
07-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Celtic & Leeds

Yohan
07-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Followed West Ham before TFC. Still watch as many Hammers games as I can.

Since MLS and TFC takes up most of my footy viewing time, I can only vaguely note Olympique Lyonnais, PSV, Fiorentina and Barca.

Oh, still trying to watch as much as Canadian MNT and South Korea MNT games

Juanito
07-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Hey, the way I figure it, ya gotta have one team in each of the major leagues, right? ;)

You're preaching to the converted mate!! HA HA HA!

sidvan
07-16-2011, 11:33 AM
SC Heerenveen and Blackburn

Baggio2TFC
07-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Juventus
AC Milan
Man City
Brescia(Baggio got me hooked when he went there at the tail end of his career)

daner90
07-16-2011, 12:22 PM
LOVE: TFC
Support: Spurs

Alex_82
07-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Love: TFC, the ever loved Chelsea, Panathaniakos, Holland
Follow: EPL, Spurs cause they play such exciting football, the Greek Super League, Serie A

ExiledRed
07-16-2011, 01:13 PM
I hate using iPads for this

Oh god, I just want to attend one of Steve Job's 'unveilings' and when its time for questions, ask him:

"Have you ever tried to use the touch screen keyboard?"

Brooker
07-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Canada > Toronto > Stoke.

(Always had a soft spot for Dundee Utd)

liv4evr
07-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Nice Wombat! a Leicester City supporter! The lads are looking good for this year, love the new signings!

Been a Leicester fan my whole life, family is from Loughborough. Gary Lineker was my Hero growing up.

TFC is a close second though!

AjayNI
07-16-2011, 10:15 PM
LOVE: Linfield, Rangers, Northern Ireland, MUFC
SUPPORT: TFC, Barca, Hamburg
HATE: Real Madrid, St Pauli, Glentoran, Celtic, Ireland, Man City, Liverpool

torontocelt
07-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Club team - Celtic

National team - Scotland

Adopted team - Toronto FC

Detroit_TFC
07-17-2011, 08:51 AM

When I interact with City fans in the UK, they are baffled by the concept you can support multiple teams. But in practice I notice quite a number of them follow/attend lower division teams/games.

The football culture is just different here due to the development of the game, especially the constant integration of people new to the sport. If there was an traditional, established professional league in North America (as could have developed if things didn't get derailed in the 1920s), a lot of things might be different.

jimiv
07-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Support NUFC + TFC

Shway
07-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Ride or Die for: Toronto FC & Arsenal FC
Follow: NASL D2 (really edmonton)
Follow: EPL = HATE man u, tottenham...
Follow: 2 legged race between real & barca =HATE BARCA!!!

trane
07-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Oh god, I just want to attend one of Steve Job's 'unveilings' and when its time for questions, ask him:

"Have you ever tried to use the touch screen keyboard?"

I also hate its "sentence word prediction" features ( or whatever it is called).

tfcleeds
07-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Just realized after reading this last page with multiple N. Ireland references that I forgot to include Glentoran in my "Teams Followed" list. Up the Glens!!!!!

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Support: Manchester United FC, TFC
Dislike: Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal
Hate: Scousers
Irrelevant: Leeds...lol

good to see you're still alive, tim ;)

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-18-2011, 10:01 AM
support: lfc, and the canadian and republic of ireland national teams

have soft spots for: celtic, bolton, shakhtar, lyon, scotland, n ire, liga de quito, reading, ecuador

JamboAl
07-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Support: Canada, Hearts, Charlton Athletic, TFC (obviously)
Soft spot for: 1. FC Köln, Valerenga IF (Oslo) and Scotland

Ultra & Proud
07-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Support: Liverpool, Hearts, CMNT, Scotland
Follow: Lazio, PSG

JJSFC
07-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Support: Southampton, TFC, England.
Despise: Portsmouth.

Relja
07-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Support: TFC, Serbia, Canada
Follow:
England: Man U
Italy: Juventus
Spain: Barcelona
Serbia: Crvena Zvezda

Dislike: Netherlands

JJSFC
07-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Loads of Red Star fans on this forum. No Partizan Belgrade fans?

Flashman
07-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Support: TFC, Canada, Hearts, Arsenal

Follow: Vancouver (my wife's hometown and our future retirement), Barcelona

felipe
07-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Nottingham Forest! Good to see others here are as smart as me...oh yeah, and TFC too.

Watch about 5-6 EPL matches a week, the odd SPL match weekly...don't really care who wins, basically cheer for the underdog in both. Always root for the English and Scot teams in european fixtures...

Basically hate certain players and will actively root against teams they are on...like Barton and spitting Diouf...

QSIM
07-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Support: TFC
Follow: Manchester United, Spurs, Stockport

Serb_Star
07-18-2011, 08:01 PM
I've always supported and followed Red Star Belgrade and Serbia.

denime
07-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Loads of Red Star fans on this forum. No Partizan Belgrade fans?

If TFC was black/white than you would have more "Grave Diggers" on this board.

Support: TFC, Red Star,Canada and all leftover countries from Yugoslavia.

Dislike:Favorites

TorontoGooner
07-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Support: Arsenal (born and raised, can't help it) and TFC since I've moved over to Canada.

Follow: Southend United, I played for their kids team

I can't 'follow' multiple teams, too much to catch up with and I like to channel my passion to only a few!

Oh, and despise: The scum at the Lane. They've only won the league in black and white. And Colchester United. It's an Essex thing.

ForestGlade
07-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Support: Toronto FC, Luton Town
Follow: Manchester United, Windsor Stars
Despise: all diveball Carribean teams (Arabe Unido, Puerto Rico Islanders)

romburgundy
07-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Before TFC I supported no one but closely followed Zamalek in the Egyptian league

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-o6KRnZOIG4o/TdJpa2uC82I/AAAAAAAAAAU/ManDrEtHDNk/s1600/p.jpg

Follow: Liverpool in the prem
Hate: Al Ahly and Man City

Bars92
07-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Linfield FC "The Blues".

Ratven
07-18-2011, 09:59 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/Ratven/265643_10100380387981720_48912212_56715741_1903645 _o.jpg

Walms
07-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Club Support -TFC & FC Bayern Munchen

National team Support - Our Boys & The Mannschaft (Germany)

mdc 77
07-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Support:
Chelsea; was a big Marcel Desailly fan during the '98 world cup, after that when he signed with the blues they became "my team".

Follow;
PAOK
Paris St. Germain
St. Pauli
Independiente Medellín

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Linfield FC "The Blues".

huge game in belarus starting in a few mins.......my cuz didnt make the subs bench again :(

ForeverTFC
07-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Clubs I support: TFC and Juventus (have fallen off a bit recently)
My Soft Spot: Fiorentina (Grew up idolizing Batistuta)

Clubs I Hate: Milan, Real Madrid (Figo), Chelsea
I Hate You If You Support These Clubs:Liverpool, Inter

:scarf:

koryo
07-19-2011, 12:05 PM

He is from none of these places for the record. He was the kind of guy who was talk formations and such with us at the bar and just get everything wrong. I'm not talking minute details but players actual position.

Ugh, people suck.

I've met plenty. They tend to follow ManU. Mind you, it's fun to see their faces go blank when I ask them who was in charge before Taggart

Gazza
07-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Oh, i should also point out that i cheer for any Irish team trying to enter the Champion's League. This is our year boys!!!!

jabbronies
07-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Support Man U

Follow St Etienne, England NT, Newcastle

Jeffro
07-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Support: TFC, Barca
Cheer for: Real Madrid to lose.
Follow: Tons of teams, changes every year.

Darlofletch
07-19-2011, 12:30 PM
support: TFC, Darlington (though I'm coming to the conclusion that they may just be slipping to the top of the follow pile, still, that's my number one foreign team)
follow: AFC Wimbledon, Leeds, would have put barcelona here a couple of years ago, but I've really developed a bit of a distaste for them recently (not the band I hate, it's their fans), I'll go with Atletico Madrid as my favourite spanish team.
that's about it for club teams, aside from that, I'm all about the underdog on any given day.

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Oh, i should also point out that i cheer for any Irish team trying to enter the Champion's League. This is our year boys!!!!

bangor getting banistered
linfield held on for the first but now coming undone
rovers still level

tfcleeds
07-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Shamrock Rovers advance, not looking good for Linfield.

Crusaders, Glentoran, and St. Patrick's all with deficits to make up. So not looking too good overall for Irish clubs.

Gazza
07-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Bangor's just playing rope-a-dope...i'm sensing a 12 goal outburst soon.

tfcleeds
07-19-2011, 01:11 PM
^Is it Bangor FC or Bangor City FC who is playing in that match? The latter is a Welsh club...

thomsacz
07-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Tottenham Hotspurs and Boca Junios

English Rachel
07-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Support wholeheartedly - Stoke City FC & Toronto FC (although this one is waning)
Follow - Aston Villa (I have no choice)

tfcleeds
07-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Support wholeheartedly - Stoke City FC & Toronto FC (although this one is waning)
Follow - Aston Villa (I have no choice)

It should be Brum, just to make things interesting...;)