PDA

View Full Version : Nana traded to San Jose, Ryan Johnson, Dunfield in

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Ossington Mental Youth
07-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Dunfield now with TFC, would this mean JDG is gone now or by end of this year?

Several have suggested it all over the place

Gordon would have been perfect as a sub for Koeverman, would be a mistake to trade him

IF he was healthy, whihc he rarely seems to be

Ron Manager
Johnson is probably a good pickup when you factor in we had to lose Gordon. John adds a wide option with a left foot, but at 6'1 he can fill the target man role if needed as well.
I think this trade is good for us as is the Dunfield pickup. I bet we add Hatchi today and more tomorrow.

Stryker
Can't believe the venom for Dunfield. He's better than that POS JDG. And only cost $65,000. If we bring in better players he'll be a steller sub next season... or we can just drop him.

P-NUTZ
Dunfield wasn't acquired to take penalty kicks for TFC, and he is far from useless as a defensive presence in the midfield.

sorry - but i dont agree with you. i think he adds little if no value, and would rather see that spot on the bench go to virtually anyone else.

ArmenJBX
07-14-2011, 02:06 PM
<--------------

A little bit on Nathan Sturgis

"Probably the greatest player to ever touch a football, Sturgis makes Lionel Messi's feet look like Gattuso's. Nathan is Toronto FC's unsung hero, and will soon score 50+ goals in a season.He is guaranteed to "tear this league up""

Roogsy
07-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Next announcement: Sturgis traded for bag of balls.

Jimmy throws himself in front of a bus. :lol:

Stryker
^^ that boy (ArmenJBX) ain't quite right in the head :p

Ossington Mental Youth
Can't believe the venom for Dunfield. He's better than that POS JDG. And only cost $65,000. If we bring in better players he'll be a steller sub next season... or we can just drop him.

I dont understand it either.
He is going to cost us more next year which I imagine is part of hte reason Vancouver traded him

nimamalek
Sturgis has played well for us, not sure why he gets no credit

TFCRegina

LOL.

TFCRegina
07-14-2011, 02:08 PM
I dont understand it either.
He is going to cost us more next year which I imagine is part of hte reason Vancouver traded him

I celebrated when I saw this deal. Like Sturgis, these are players for the core.

And both of them are superior to JDG in the holding mid role.

ArmenJBX

Better be Jabulanis....

Mango Kid
However!

Alan Gordon for Ryan Johnson is fair.
Nana Attakora for Ryan Johnson is fair.
Jake Peterson + Cash for Ryan Johnson is fair.

All three for Johnson is stupid. We got ripped off big time if this is the case.

That assumes that there aren't other shoes to drop.

Oldtimer
07-14-2011, 02:09 PM
My turn:

Seismic Waives At TFC Epicentre

http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/files/borat-at-it-again.jpg

VoxPopuliCosmicum
07-14-2011, 02:11 PM
^^ that boy (ArmenJBX) ain't quite right in the head :p

But very earnest and loyal...I picture something like this

http://www.patriciaebauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/20080802_stiller.jpg

kodiakTFC
07-14-2011, 02:11 PM
"Toronto shakes things up with Quakes"

Simplier, cornier version of the previously posted one.

Roogsy
07-14-2011, 02:12 PM
I celebrated when I saw this deal. Like Sturgis, these are players for the core.

That statement is just so shocking on it's own isn't it? Considering the difference in pay and the cap hit, just how bad was that JDG deal Mo got us into??? I think we will be talking about that deal for a decade if not more.

ArmenJBX
07-14-2011, 02:13 PM
But very earnest and loyal...I picture something like this

http://www.patriciaebauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/20080802_stiller.jpg

:|

Tropic Thunder is actually my favourite movie of all time..

Goddamn, good call :|

P-NUTZ
07-14-2011, 02:14 PM

im not a JDG fanatic, but not sure about this!

:drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking:

TOBOR !
"Winter shakes up the team by dealing with the 'Quakes."

Took 10 seconds.

Damn... I wish we had a player named 'Richter' on our team...

Hustle
How many times can one hit refresh in an afternoon?

Ossington Mental Youth
07-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Sturgis has played well for us, not sure why he gets no credit

yeah agreed, hes stepped up to the plate but still expendable

agreed, i think he definitely gives us a better mid and will do well next to Frings/Tchani/Sturgis (if sturgis stays)

TFCRegina
07-14-2011, 02:15 PM
That statement is just so shocking on it's own isn't it? Considering the difference in pay and the cap hit, just how bad was that JDG deal Mo got us into??? I think we will be talking about that deal for a decade if not more.

To me, the signing of JDG and the removal of Dichio from the club was the turning point that sent TFC on the path that it's on.

Up until that point, TFC was on track for a 1st rate season in 2009.

West220Side
07-14-2011, 02:16 PM

since the 3rd page ive been doing it every 10 - 30 seconds.

TFCRegina
:|

Tropic Thunder is actually my favourite movie of all time..

Goddamn, good call :|

Simple Jack. J in JBX stands for Jack :D

Stryker
But the good news is that now that Winter has seen for himself that he's a flop he'll be gone next season (if not sooner). Im sure he'll insist MLSE take the financial hit in waving him if his contract isn't up.

kodiakTFC

My F5 key has seen better days.

ArmenJBX
Simple Jack. J in JBX stands for Jack :D

I got a goo...goo...good - brain!

"i think you got a fine brain jack!"

:D

rocker
Proves my point.

Yallop had his rights, knew he was a stiff, and moved him (to us).

There's no indication Yallop thought he was a stiff. That's pure conjecture.
Actually, using one of your 6 alloted discovery claims on a guy you thought was a stiff makes no sense -- unless he deliberately knew Mo wanted the guy and did it to throw a wrench in Mo's plans. But that's unlikely.

Yallop simply seems interested in Canadians (no wonder). He signed 2 guys from the Montreal Impact after all. Those guys didn't really work out.

I find a lot of people praise Yallop but his teams haven't done well since he returned to San Jose. Only made the playoffs one year.

ag futbol
07-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Now that Jacob Peterson has gone on to "greener pastures"

The new official "Best Player on TFC according to ArmenJBX" is

NATHAN STURGIS

Congratulations Nathan!
This is the post of the year.

As for the trade, I wish people would stop that fruitless exercise of trying to equate equal value out of it. A lot of moves in MLS are done simply to create salary room.

I’ll be interested to see How Ryan Johnson fits in. Dunfield, people should go light on, he is 65k for a guy who can play in the league. Nothing wrong with that.

MartinUtd
07-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Wow.. 209 active users in this thread.

Regarding the deal.. sucks Nana is gone, but as a whole I'm please to see the salary dump. I have complete faith in Paul Mariner and expect him to be able to do a lot more with the money than Preki/Cockring did.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-14-2011, 02:19 PM
People shouldnt forget that Dunfield took a pay cut this year and his salary will jump up next year (prob not much tho) but that was prob part of the reason Van got rid of him

Ossington Mental Youth
07-14-2011, 02:19 PM
I have complete faith in Paul Mariner and expect him to be able to do a lot more with the money than Preki/Cockring did.

Fuckin eh

VoxPopuliCosmicum
07-14-2011, 02:20 PM
People shouldnt forget that Dunfield took a pay cut this year and his salary will jump up next year (prob not much tho) but that was prob part of the reason Van got rid of him

Next year's Adrian Cann.

Whoop
07-14-2011, 02:20 PM
:lol:

When I heard Peterson was traded, I poured a 40 on the floor for you homeslice.

Nevermind... figured it out.

kodiakTFC
07-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Our team on the 20th vs. FC Dallas is going to be so damn different than vs. Houston its ridiculous.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Next year's Adrian Cann.

im sure Mariner knew what he was getting into.
Diff group of people remember.

Shakes McQueen
Our team on the 20th vs. FC Dallas is going to be so damn different than vs. Houston its ridiculous.

And kind of exciting at the same time.

- Scott

ArmenJBX
The Toronto FC fan who has been living under a rock for the last month.

TV: Torsten Frings now...passes to Terry Dunfield. Dunfield sees Ryan Johnson, delivers a cross! AND DANNY KOEVERMANS SCORES FOR TORONTO!

Fan: What the fuck...?

brandrews
07-14-2011, 02:23 PM
i wonder how long we get the international spot for; if it's a couple years that is also something that makes the trade potentially more valuable.

TFCRegina
07-14-2011, 02:24 PM

TV: Torsten Frings now...passes to Terry Dunfield. Dunfield sees Ryan Johnson, delivers a cross! AND DANNY KOEVERMANS SCORES FOR TORONTO!

Who is this Frings guy? He's shit.

Guarantee someone will say it, somewhere, somehow at BMO Field.

pekduck
07-14-2011, 02:25 PM

The general fans still calls the team FC. I kept on getting asked how's FC doing.... in Toronto....

P-NUTZ
07-14-2011, 02:25 PM

:D :drinking:

Ossington Mental Youth
07-14-2011, 02:26 PM
And kind of exciting at the same time.

- Scott

im thinking a good different

rocker
07-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Dunfield performed well under Tator Tots. But ever since Soehn took over, he's underperformed. I actually think his passing skill is better than some people are giving credit for -- and he reads the game well. He's not particularly strong though and gets muscles off the ball. Smart player tho.

I like the moves overall. I'm a bit disappointed on the Nana thing only because of Nana's potential, not because Nana showed me he was growing as a player. He's a physical beast, which made up for his lack of sense of the game and his almost non-existent passing skills (he had that problem in 2007 and still in 2010). If he can learn the game and learn to pass, he'll be a solid MLS defender in this league. But he's still a project in my opinion. No way in hell is he going to Europe as people used to say.

Peterson? Who cares? What has he done? I'm not as hard on him as some of ya (he could put a decent free kick in) but nothing to lose sleep over.

Gordon? I'll miss him somewhat definitely, but not if Koevermans performs as expected. I think he would have been a useful player the rest of this season. Santos is still better tho.

I think the key is what do we do with that international slot received. If it's filled by a stud international defender (not that Impact guy) then we're easily better off.

dupont
07-14-2011, 02:27 PM

Of course! Anybody would say "what the fuck" after seeing an actual goal coming from TFC!

Shakes McQueen
07-14-2011, 02:27 PM
I'd love to have kept Gordon, if only he wasn't so injury prone.

- Scott

ryan
07-14-2011, 02:28 PM
I said it before but I don't think anyone said anything.

Is Johnson not an int'l player being Jamaican? If so, would he not occupy the int'l spot since we shipped out 2 Americans and a Canadian?

Ben - D.O.W.
Nevermind... figured it out.

2pac - Pour Out a Lil Liquor? Maybe it goes back further then that, I'm not all up on my hip-hop.

Edit: damn - beat me to it

P-NUTZ
Guarantee someone will say it, somewhere, somehow at BMO Field.

:D

i had some idiot at the van game couple of weeks ago behind me say how he hates soccer, and some other douche in front calling all the players on both teams pussies.

i really hope they start winning so all these douchebag assholes who inherit cheap or free tickets because no one wants to go, stop getting them handed to them.

MartinUtd
07-14-2011, 02:29 PM
The general fans still calls the team FC. I kept on getting asked how's FC doing.... in Toronto....

Suck it up, princess :p

brandrews

Is Johnson not an int'l player being Jamaican? If so, would he not occupy the int'l spot since we shipped out 2 Americans and a Canadian?

i doubt it; he's been in the US for a long time.

i'd be surprised if he doesn't have his green card.

Whoop
2pac - Pour Out a Lil Liquor? Maybe it goes back further then that, I'm not all up on my hip-hop.

I knew that.

But apparently it goes back all the way to the days of Plato and Socrates.

How it reached the streets of LA is what I'm curious to know.

Nuvinho
07-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Trivia: Who currently on the roster has been with TFC the longest?

ArmenJBX
07-14-2011, 02:31 PM

Super Frei!

PopePouri
Loving these trades. in the end we get 2 players who are good enough to play for their respective countries for 3 bench players with money in the end. Mariner working his magic.

Stryker

No. his wiki reads as him having moved to the US as an infant.

RedsYNWA
Frei

Ben - D.O.W.

I asked that about 7 pages back - it was Nana before today right?

ryan
i doubt it; he's been in the US for a long time.

i'd be surprised if he doesn't have his green card.

Gotcha, thanks.

Ben - D.O.W.
07-14-2011, 02:33 PM
I knew that.

But apparently it goes back all the way to the days of Plato and Socrates.

How it reached the streets of LA is what I'm curious to know.

I believe the Crips have a strong philosophical inclination.

Thrillos
07-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Am I the only one that sees American's leaving/on the way out and non-Americans on the way in/coming in?? ;)

Nuvinho
07-14-2011, 02:34 PM
I asked that about 7 pages back - it was Nana before today right?

yeah, Nana was one of the orginals

jabbronies
07-14-2011, 02:35 PM
As I said earlier in the season, the players that TFC release will be just as intriguing as who they bring in.

Peterson = no brainer
Gordon = unfortunate, but necessary as he is always injured.
Nana = I hope we don't regret it down the road.

__wowza
07-14-2011, 02:36 PM
<--------------

A little bit on Nathan Sturgis

"Probably the greatest player to ever touch a football, Sturgis makes Lionel Messi's feet look like Gattuso's. Nathan is Toronto FC's unsung hero, and will soon score 50+ goals in a season.He is guaranteed to "tear this league up""

OH!! I GET TO USE MY GAUGE AGAIN!!

http://i.imm.io/7qmC.jpeg

Ossington Mental Youth
Loving these trades. in the end we get 2 players who are good enough to play for their respective countries for 3 bench players with money in the end. Mariner working his magic.

yep definitely how im looking at it.
also plus intl space and monies

TFC07
Am I the only one that sees American's leaving/on the way out and non-Americans on the way in/coming in?? ;)

Toronto sure, but not Vancouver where it's other way around. Their fans seem pissed about that as well. :D

brad
07-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Dunfield wasn't acquired to take penalty kicks for TFC, and he is far from useless as a defensive presence in the midfield.

Dunfield 65K/year
Peterson 142.5k/year

Good move.

TFC07
07-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Dunfield 65K/year
Peterson 142.5k/year

Good move.

Yeah it is, but keep in mind that Dunfield salary is going to increase next season.

__wowza
07-14-2011, 02:39 PM

Frei

THATS NOT TRUE
( i saw tyrone marshal selling hats outside of BMO - that counts )

DangerRed
07-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Yeah it is, but keep in mind that Dunfield salary is going to increase next season.

Yes, as it should. But it will not more than double to $142.5K. And he's domestic. There's no room for argument there, that having Peterson off and Dunfield on our roster is a net positive, all other things being equal.

Ben - D.O.W.
07-14-2011, 02:40 PM

Anyone have any idea what the jump is going to be? I know the league is always hush hush about this stuff but someone always seems to have some idea.

Yes, as it should. But it will not more than double to $142.5K. And he's domestic. There's no room for argument there, that having Peterson off and Dunfield on our roster is a net positive, all other things being equal.

Aren't American's counted as domestic at this point?

DichioTFC
07-14-2011, 02:40 PM
jacob__peterson (https://twitter.com/#%21/jacob__peterson) Jacob Peterson

Want to thank all those who supported us in TO.met some good ppl.the city and fans deserve a winning team.I wish them all the best #TFC (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23TFC)

Ossington Mental Youth
07-14-2011, 02:41 PM
no clue but id imagine close to Petersons current salary, i seem to remember him making around that last year

West220Side
07-14-2011, 02:42 PM

Want to thank all those who supported us in TO.met some good ppl.the city and fans deserve a winning team.I wish them all the best #TFC (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23TFC)

AWWW LETS BRING HIM BACK :(.

nawt

FootieChick
07-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Nana = I hope we don't regret it down the road. ---

WE WILL!

Fort York Redcoat
07-14-2011, 02:44 PM

respect.

It couldn't have been easy playing for the host of the MLS cup and coming from the winner of that MLS cup.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-14-2011, 02:45 PM
---

WE WILL!

and what pretell would you have done to make him stay?

I dont think itll be an issue.
Kid was good but had alot to learn.
Nothings sayin he will stick with San Jose once his contract ends this summer, may wanna go to Europe and try his luck there.

ManUtd4ever
The only significant long term loss will be Nana, but it appeared that he wasn't going to sign a contract extension. Rather than letting Nana walk for nothing as a free agent, at least Mariner was proactive in packaging Nana with the oft injured Gordon and Peterson to acquire Ryan Johnson (who can play as a starting winger and as a backup CF), along with a coveted international slot which will likely be used to secure a talented CB. Dunfield didn't cost any significant assets, and he will provide considerable depth in the midfield.

Overall, I like the moves thus far, and I'm anxious to see how the rest of the dominoes fall.

DangerRed

You're right, Jake. We do deserve a winning team. That's why guys like you need to leave.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-14-2011, 02:46 PM
The only significant long term loss will be Nana, but it appeared that he wasn't going to sign a contract extension. Rather than letting Nana walk for nothing as a free agent, at least Mariner was proactive in packaging Nana with the oft injured Gordon and Peterson to acquire Ryan Johnson (who can play as a starting winger and as a backup CF), along with a coveted international slot which will likely be used to secure a talented CB. Dunfield didn't cost any significant assets, and he will provide considerable depth in the midfield.

Overall, I like the moves thus far, and I'm anxious to see how the rest of the dominos fall.

exactly what ive been thinking/saying

dantdot
07-14-2011, 02:47 PM
We deserve butter.

bangersandmash
Ives hinted that something else was in the works. Anyone heard additional rumours?

rocker
So Nana's contract is up this fall? I wonder what he'll sign for if he signs again with San Jose... if he doesn't, he would go through that draft thingy for out of contract players.

Shakes McQueen
07-14-2011, 02:48 PM
---

WE WILL!

Excuse me ma'am, I was just wondering what you thought of TFC's decision to trade Nana Attakora. You're hard to read on this one.

- Scott

brad

Even if he gets a 20k bump it's still a good saving.

Ossington Mental Youth
So Nana's contract is up this fall? I wonder what he'll sign for if he signs again with San Jose... if he doesn't, he would go through that draft thingy for out of contract players.

im under that impression, i bet he tries his luck overseas

FootieChick
and what pretell would you have done to make him stay?

I dont think itll be an issue.
Kid was good but had alot to learn.
Nothings sayin he will stick with San Jose once his contract ends this summer, may wanna go to Europe and try his luck there.

---

Treating him with some respect would have helped. As well as allowing him to play. Those two things usually go hand in hand in business. That was not given to him in any way shape or form.

ManUtd4ever
07-14-2011, 02:49 PM
You're right, Jake. We do deserve a winning team. That's why guys like you need to leave.

LOL. Be nice, he may have been the biggest waste of cap space, but he's leaving with class.

ArmenJBX
07-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Not.
That.
Bad.

Just saying. He hit some good free kicks this year.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
07-14-2011, 02:50 PM

a9z8F4fgj6Q

West220Side
07-14-2011, 02:53 PM
We deserve butter.

All we can give you right now is.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kweFJm8yGGQ/TES_PCck4AI/AAAAAAAADlI/0hCtkOnsviE/s1600/I-cant-believe-its-not-butter-sprad-15oz.jpeg

DichioTFC
Ives hinted that something else was in the works. Anyone heard additional rumours?

We're in desperate need for a CB, I'm guessing that's the next deal in the works, right?

PopePouri
Peterson is a decent guy but sort of a jack of all trades, master of none. It's not his fault Mo gave him that salary.

brad
Thread is moving to fast - is this the current state?

Peterson, Nana out - confirmed
Gordon out - rumor
Dunfield in - confirmed
Johnson in - rumor
International spot aquired - rumor

Ossington Mental Youth
07-14-2011, 02:57 PM
---

Treating him with some respect would have helped. As well as allowing him to play. Those two things usually go hand in hand in business. That was not given to him in any way shape or form.

This isnt really the thread to discuss this but do you have any proof he was mistreated? from what we know he was injured.

Theres speculation he didnt want to resign with TFC as a result why bother to let him play if hes not going to stick around?

Mostly all we have is speculation.

__wowza

Gordon out - rumor
Dunfield in - confirmed
Johnson in - rumor

^^ seems about right. now there's a chat about butter starting up.

DichioTFC

Gordon out - rumor
Dunfield in - confirmed
Johnson in - rumor

In: Ryan Johnson (SJ), Terry Dunfield (VAN), international roster spot, allocation money*

Out: Nana Attakora, Alan Gordon, Jacob Peterson, allocation money*

It's rumoured that the allocation money both in and out cancel each other out, but that is unconfirmed.

Stryker
07-14-2011, 02:58 PM
We're in desperate need for a CB, I'm guessing that's the next deal in the works, right?
Winter is trying some bold new tactics and will be playing a 2-5-3 from here on out.

oxygenatedbrain
07-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Peterson is a decent guy but sort of a jack of all trades, master of none. It's not his fault Mo gave him that salary.

Facts, just for fun: Preki acquired Peterson, a former GA player who was given standard CBA bumps to reach his current contract.

DangerRed
07-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Not.
That.
Bad.

Just saying. He hit some good free kicks this year.

1024 minutes, 0 goals, 1 assist this season.

Pretty.
Fucking.
Bad.

Also, his roster picture on TFC's web site is money:

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/default/files/image_nodes/2011/05/Peterson.jpg

DichioTFC
07-14-2011, 03:02 PM

Pretty.
Fucking.
Bad.

Goals and assists are pretty difficult metrics to measure a winger.

I give him a bit more credit than others on this board. I hated Peterson last season but as this season carried on, I watched him more closely and he's a quality MLS role player. A bit overpaid, yes, but still useful on any MLS roster. IMO, Peterson is a bigger loss than Glass Joe Alan Gordon and benchwarming Nana.

bangersandmash
07-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Out: Nana Attakora, Alan Gordon, Jacob Peterson, allocation money*

You know the Mo Johnson era is over when you see we're trading allocation money AWAY!

TFC Cityboy
07-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Winter is trying some bold new tactics and will be playing a 2-5-3 from here on out.

I used to set up my Subbuteo in that formation- did ok for me to be truthful- worth a punt!

brad
07-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Now confirmed as per TFC's site

Gordon out - confirmed
Dunfield in - confirmed
Johnson in - confirmed
International spot acquired - confirmed

We have no ideal what this means due to allocation money floating around, so leaving that out, we have

Moved 3 players out
Brought two in
got another international slot

So we've freed up two more roster slots to bring players in.

TFC07
07-14-2011, 03:08 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/07/johnson-jumps-toronto

Toronto FC announced Thursday that they have acquired forward Ryan Johnson from the San Jose Earthquakes along with allocation money and an international roster spot in exchange for forward Alan Gordon, midfielder Jacob Peterson, and defender Nana Attakora.

"We are rebuilding the club and this deal was necessary to continue that process" said Toronto FC Head Coach and Technical Director Aron Winter. "I'd like to thank Alan, Jacob, and Nana for their contributions to Toronto FC. We are very pleased to add an experienced forward in Ryan Johnson. We expect him to make an immediate impact at our club."

brad
07-14-2011, 03:10 PM
You know the Mo Johnson era is over when you see we're trading allocation money AWAY!

We got allocation money from SJ - from TFC's site

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/07/johnson-jumps-toronto

Toronto FC announced Thursday that they have acquired forward Ryan Johnson (http://www.torontofc.ca/player/ryan-johnson) from the San Jose Earthquakes along with allocation money and an international roster spot in exchange for forward Alan Gordon, midfielder Jacob Peterson, and defender Nana Attakora.

trane
07-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Wow, at least we still have Harden.

Whoop
07-14-2011, 03:11 PM
I used to set up my Subbuteo in that formation- did ok for me to be truthful- worth a punt!

Subbuteo!

TFCRegina
Dunfield trade feather in Mariner's Cap*

Morning Rumblings at TFC create massive shakeup at Club

Detroit_TFC

Pretty.
Fucking.
Bad.

Also, his roster picture on TFC's web site is money:

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/default/files/image_nodes/2011/05/Peterson.jpg

Now, we know that the most powerfull socker ju-ju in the world is to be an ex-TFC player. He will get 10 goals and 10 assists next season.

bangersandmash
07-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Now, we know that the most powerfull socker ju-ju in the world is to be an ex-TFC player. He will get 10 goals and 10 assists next season.

In a single game. In open play. Against us.

trane
07-14-2011, 03:14 PM

But Winter, will be ussing 2 Fullbacks and no CBs.

billyfly
07-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Wow. Shake up time

menefreghista
07-14-2011, 03:15 PM
I find a lot of people praise Yallop but his teams haven't done well since he returned to San Jose. Only made the playoffs one year.

Honestly, what's not to like about his performance?

They were an expansion team.

They missed the playoffs their first 2 seasons. Made it in their 3rd season, including a trip to the playoff semi-finals.

This season they are in the playoff race.

Contrast that to TFC which will most likely have 5 seasons on no play offs. Makes you wish TFC pushed harder to get him back in 2006.

Pigfynn
07-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Wow. Shake up time

Ya,

Comes every year and rarely helps anything. So for once let's hope it does.

:drinking:

mclaren
07-14-2011, 03:18 PM
"It's about time they dump Johnson" - comment from SJ Fan. Doesn't inspire confidence!

__wowza
07-14-2011, 03:19 PM
anyone else feel we couldve gotten a little bit more for attakora?

ensco
07-14-2011, 03:21 PM

Yes. Maybe not now, but at the beginning of the season, when the re-signing impasse was apparent, I think he would have been worth more.

TFCRegina

No. He was available on free 13 days ago.

mclaren

To put it another way, should we be selling young, promising Canadian internationals?

moralis
Interesting words said by Dunfield on the trade to TFC:

http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/backofthenet/archive/2011/07/14/dunfield-quot-it-sucks-leaving-on-a-downslope-quot.aspx

TFC07
"It's about time they dump Johnson" - comment from SJ Fan. Doesn't inspire confidence!

Johnson is a filler for us. The gain for us to gain cap space, international slot and getting rid of 3 players who didn't have a future with us (Nana doesn't fit into our system, Gordon is an injury prone who wanted to be in California and Peterson simply wasn't good enough for us).

Let's not judge this trade yet! See who TFC signs tomorrow or next week.

TFCRegina
07-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Molinaro says TFC gets Hatchi tomorrow.

mclaren
07-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Molinaro says TFC gets Hatchi tomorrow.

Thank God for that, our prayers have been answered.

brad
07-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Johnson is a filler for us. The gain for us to gain cap space, international slot and getting rid of 3 players who didn't have a future with us (Nana doesn't fit into our system, Gordon is an injury prone who wanted to be in California and Peterson simply wasn't good enough for us).

Let's not judge this trade yet! See who TFC signs tomorrow or next week.

There is always a chance he will get moved. MLS trades can be like jigsaw puzzles sometimes.

brad
07-14-2011, 03:25 PM
More fuel to the rumor mill

Tony_Tchani (https://twitter.com/#%21/Tony_Tchani) Tony Tchani

Gotta be on my feet bcuz u never know what could happen!!

TFC07
07-14-2011, 03:26 PM
There is always a chance he will get moved. MLS trades can be like jigsaw puzzles sometimes.

Also keep in mind that Nana's contract expires end of this year. There's no guarantees he will be back next year in MLS.

ginkster88
07-14-2011, 03:26 PM
So does this mean...

Plata----Big Koov----Johnson

----------JDG-------------

-----Frings----Tchani------

-------------------Eckersly

??

Those front six players... I can live with that!!!

Back line are all scrubs but for Ecks but... damn this is impressive!

TFC07
07-14-2011, 03:27 PM

[url="https://twitter.com/#%21/Tony_Tchani"]

Tchani can definitely land us some quality player(s) if he gets traded.

ArmenJBX
07-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Tchani for Tim Ream!

__wowza
07-14-2011, 03:30 PM

keep in mind, cann and williams are also out with injuries.

pekduck
07-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Tchani for Tim Ream!

i said that many pages ago kid

wait that means i'm on same page with JBX...

so.. should i worship Sturgis.....:rolleyes:

reggie
07-14-2011, 03:33 PM
welcome to training camp pt 2,will they be going to turkey for a week.

__wowza
07-14-2011, 03:33 PM

im bored at work so im going to photoshop them on a date.

Pookie
07-14-2011, 03:34 PM
The other thing about trade value is contract terms:

Nana - couldn't reach a long term deal with the Club and it was looking like they couldn't keep him
Gordon - his long term contract status is unknown but his injury status is definitely known
Peterson - I just wish him well and thank him for playing for us

In exchange, TFC gets a player, an international roster spot and allocation money. Trading for the slot is a good thing and shows clear intent to use it. Let's see what comes of it.

reggie
07-14-2011, 03:34 PM
i dont understand the dunfield pickup..we got a glut in that postion.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-14-2011, 03:36 PM

you know noones going to be trading for harden

ArmenJBX
07-14-2011, 03:37 PM

People were talking about it on monday on the news thread i think
it was Frei for Ream, Tchani for ream, that kinda stuff

Shakes McQueen

We don't know the whole picture yet. More moves are expected in the coming days.

- Scott

brad

We won't once JDG is moved...

Ossington Mental Youth
07-14-2011, 03:38 PM
So does this mean...

??

Those front six players... I can live with that!!!

Back line are all scrubs but for Ecks but... damn this is impressive!

Id stop using JDG in formations, dudes not likely to be around for long

reggie
we still need 2 cbs,,how long is decoy out for?

trane
^ I know.

__wowza
http://i.imm.io/7tfa.jpeg

it was either this, or you two splitting a milkshake.

DichioTFC
07-14-2011, 03:40 PM

[url="https://twitter.com/#%21/Tony_Tchani"]

That's part of the reason for a trade, shake up the team and (hopefully) light a fire under their asses.

ArmenJBX

hahaha awesome :D

Gazza

On a hot day like this, i'd rather be holding a milkshake than Sturgis.

brad
we still need 2 cbs,,how long is decoy out for?

The year, heard he was on season ending injury

Shakes McQueen
07-14-2011, 03:41 PM
You are the wind beneath his wings.

- Scott

DichioTFC
07-14-2011, 03:41 PM
JDG will be here for the rest of the season. The off-season he will depart. Book it.

Pookie
07-14-2011, 03:43 PM

Depth to manage through our injuries?

Or perhaps they see something in him that could flourish under a new system. I mean how many players left us under less than successful stats and went on to excel on other teams? We are overdue for a player to shine.

__wowza
hahaha awesome :D

i know, masterful arent i? i bet you couldn't even tell its shopped!!
and god, don't say we're overdue for anything!! you'll jinx the living shit outt've us!!

anyone wanna predict a shocker of a trade we might be able to snag?

Nuvinho
So is this Impact reject our new CB and that's it? I really hope not.

If we get someone else and him, then I am fine with it - but not just him.

TFCREDNWHITE
07-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Yay! Peterson is gone, he sucks...

DichioTFC
07-14-2011, 03:46 PM
So is this Impact reject our new CB and that's it? I really hope not.

If we get someone else and him, then I am fine with it - but not just him.

He'll be a depth CB. Anyone who think he'll be our starting CB is fooling themselves. TFC will sign an international CB, most likely since they just acquired another international roster spot.

ArmenJBX
i know, masterful arent i? i bet you couldn't even tell its shopped!!
and god, don't say we're overdue for anything!! you'll jinx the living shit outt've us!!

anyone wanna predict a shocker of a trade we might be able to snag?

I'm not a jinx :O

Toni Tchani + Ty Harden and Allocation money for Jamison Olave

moralis
Hi Guys, don't be surprised if Kevin Hatchi is no the only CB coming. De Guzman out as DP and the "Matrix" in for TFC CB DP.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/report-inters-materazzi-keen-move-mls

http://twitter.com/#!/ASRomaTorontoFC (http://twitter.com/#%21/ASRomaTorontoFC)

http://twitter.com/#!/MrTuktoyaktuk (http://twitter.com/#%21/MrTuktoyaktuk)

Don't be shocked- Wants to come to MLS in 2011, he and Winter have connections to Inter - example. Stevanovic.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-14-2011, 03:48 PM
He'll be a depth CB. Anyone who think he'll be our starting CB is fooling themselves. TFC will sign an international CB, most likely since they just acquired another international roster spot.

could also be a bandaid until the end of the season.
regardless i got trust in whatever moves Mariner makes

MartinUtd
07-14-2011, 03:49 PM
To put it another way, should we be selling young, promising Canadian internationals?

He wouldn't sign a contract so there's nothing to sell.

I say we bring in a 35 year old Wes Charles from the Irish league.

Whoop
07-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Hi Guys, don't be surprised if Kevin Hatchi is no the only CB coming. De Guzman out as DP and the "Matrix" in for TFC CB DP.

Don't be shocked- Wants to come to MLS in 2011, he and Winter have connections to Inter - example. Stevanovic.

I can't see him coming unless as DP.

But I know someone's whose head would explode if this was true.

Right, s2cazz? LOL

West220Side
07-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Well its not even July 15th yet. So i'm hopeful we have a lot more moves ahead. Still though, I think we could due with a centerback for the dallas game seeing as Eckersley is out.

It will probably be something along the lines of..

Borman/Yourass - Harden - (NEWCB) - Gargan/Hatchi

brad
07-14-2011, 03:53 PM
^^They can pay him league max and top him up with allocation though and bump him to DP next year if JDG moves. Or bring him in for the rest of the season as a short term fix.

swan
07-14-2011, 03:53 PM

:smilielol5:

trane
07-14-2011, 03:56 PM

Right, s2cazz? LOL

I am not a huge Materazzi fan, BUT he would not let opposing strikers stroll into the box, that I can guarantee. My only concern would be motivation. Clearly this would be the last stop in his career, and I am not sure his fire would still be burning. I saw him play last year against Pana, he looked good, and faster then I expected.

moralis
07-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Do we know how many international roster spots we have? Any guesses?

MartinUtd
07-14-2011, 03:59 PM
I'd love it if Materazzi signed. Simply for the fact that we'd be the most hated team in the league.

West220Side
07-14-2011, 03:59 PM

I would think only 1 or 2 now. With the one we just aquired, however if Johnson doesn't have his greencard we probably have zip.

brandrews
07-14-2011, 04:00 PM

we should have 11 now; 9 or 10 of which are filled depending on whether bouchiba still counts or not.

brandrews
07-14-2011, 04:00 PM
I would think only 1 or 2 now. With the one we just aquired, however if Johnson doesn't have his greencard we probably have zip.

he's been in the US since he was an infant; i'd be super surprised if he didn't have at least his green card.

trane
07-14-2011, 04:02 PM
I'd love it if Materazzi signed. Simply for the fact that we'd be the most hated team in the league.

That would be sweet. :flare:I can already see Donovan complaining to a ref.

TFC07

We already are most hated team after signing Frings (USA soccer fans hate him).

Waggy

THIS! Between him and Frings people [americans] would react to us like we're the mid 80's Raiders coming to town. That'd be awesome! And it'd be an excuse for us to make a Red Nation song a-la Ice Cube (or just steal Games)

Oldtimer
07-14-2011, 04:03 PM

My oldest son's a Zidane uber-fan. He'd be speechless...

brad
Hatchi makes sense if we are signing Materazzi. We'd need him to fill in every other game when Materazzi is suspend for red cards.

__wowza
we should have 11 now; 9 or 10 of which are filled depending on whether bouchiba still counts or not.

it doesn't. i think it's included with a cap break.

Whoop
07-14-2011, 04:04 PM

My oldest son's a Zidane uber-fan. He'd be speechless...

Parkdale is your son?

Shway
07-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Id stop using JDG in formations, dudes not likely to be around for long

So true,

Dunfield is a better attacker and defender than JDG....

Shoot me, but i strongly believe this

Gazza
07-14-2011, 04:05 PM
That would be sweet. :flare:I can already see Donovan complaining to a ref.

Haha...he'll be asking the ref for a penalty or a card before he even steps foot on the pitch!

Materazzi would be worth the price of admission. We may not make the playoffs, but we'll piss a lot of mls fans off in the process.

trane
07-14-2011, 04:06 PM
^ It would brink some of that first year joy back.

Parky and Pinkie would be pissed. Makes it that much sweeter.

rocker
07-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Honestly, what's not to like about his performance?

What's not to like? How about having a losing record in 3.5 seasons?
His record is 33 wins, 43 losses, 31 ties.

People seem to love Yallop for no good reason. He's living off his rep from the old MLS.
He's done absolutely nothing since the Earthquakes returned to MLS to suggest he's nothing more than an average -- or worse -- coach.

If he coached TFC, the fans would have wanted him gone by now with that record.

People talk about Winter being inflexible tactically... people should watch San Jose games. LOL. He seems more of a "man manager" than a tactical guy. And not necessarily a great judge of talent.

his team has 4 points on TFC this season in the standigs........
not exactly an endorsement of his ability as a coach.

pekduck
Parkdale is your son?

ROFL

Inklink
Don't do anything: "MLSE doesn't care! They're content with failure!"
Do something: "Surprising! Gutting the team again!"

Sad to see Nana go, though.

__wowza
07-14-2011, 04:09 PM

Sad to see Nana go, though.

let me say, without a shadow of a doubt, this was a team that needs to be gutted the most.

Pigfynn
07-14-2011, 04:10 PM

I believe the argument from that side of things is not that MLSE does not want to win, but that they don't know how.

Carry on

trane
07-14-2011, 04:14 PM
^ Exactly.

Inklink
07-14-2011, 04:20 PM
I believe the argument from that side of things is not that MLSE does not want to win, but that they don't know how.

Carry on

Some posts I read yesterday in the "Playoffs" thread were along the lines of "as long as they get their money, just like the Leafs, winning doesn't matter."

Not disregarding your position, of course.

rocker
07-14-2011, 04:22 PM
The key thing now is this: these players better work out (so the talent evaluation department better get it right, unlike Mo Johnston's talent evaluation).

If we are changing all these guys in January of next year, then we have a problem. That's what happened with Mo Johnston.

All good MLS teams made massive changes to correct failure (see: RSL, NYRB, Columbus). But at some point the rate of change slowed down because the players they signed as replacements were good and fit the system.

The best thing now would be that these guys are the right guys and they get settled as a team by the end of the season (even if we don't see playoffs). Then next year they all come into camp knowing each other and start off the season strongly.

Pachuco
07-14-2011, 04:31 PM
So true,

Dunfield is a better attacker and defender than JDG....

Shoot me, but i strongly believe this

If you compare bang for your buck, there is no argument there. Dunfield is the better player.

That's why I like Dunfield. Decent DM comes at a cheap price. Certainly worth the money if you ask me. Also, I love his attitude. Just seems like a guy you want in the dressing room with other players.

Pachuco
07-14-2011, 04:34 PM

People seem to love Yallop for no good reason. He's living off his rep from the old MLS.
He's done absolutely nothing since the Earthquakes returned to MLS to suggest he's nothing more than an average -- or worse -- coach.

People talk about Winter being inflexible tactically... people should watch San Jose games. LOL. He seems more of a "man manager" than a tactical guy. And not necessarily a great judge of talent.

With 4 games in hand. How embarassing for TFC.

bangersandmash
07-14-2011, 04:34 PM
One thing that I would like to come out of this whole transfer window is a solid first team where each position has a name attached to it. None of this playing left-backs as strikers and defensive mids as centre-backs anymore. That's not the way you grow a system. The start of a consistent core that can begin to grow as a unit. I think today's trades work towards that goal, so I like them. Still need two CBs, though.

s2cazz
07-14-2011, 04:36 PM

Right, s2cazz? LOL

Don't start this again!
http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac63/s2cazz/INTER/DSC03633.jpg
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/36662_107189175997119_106137819435588_54216_526835 1_n.jpg

I'd seriously shit a brick if he came to play for TFC

menefreghista
07-14-2011, 04:38 PM
With 4 games in hand. How embarassing for TFC.

Not only that, they were one win away from being in the MLS Cup last season.

If Yallop pulled off the same record in Toronto, he would already be on the Wall of Honour.

Is Rocker really trying to rip Yallop, a guy who needed 3 seasons to get his expansion team into the playoffs, while TFC will be needing a minimum of 6 seasons to make its first appearance?

bangersandmash
07-14-2011, 04:43 PM
… while TFC will be needing a minimum of 6 seasons to make its first appearance?

it's called foreplay.

menefreghista
07-14-2011, 04:45 PM
it's called foreplay.

Or in our case, blue balls.

TFCRegina
07-14-2011, 04:52 PM

I wish we had terrible management like Frank Yallop's. Winning championships? Making playoffs?

More terrible management please!

DangerRed
07-14-2011, 04:53 PM
So now that the two trades are official, I'd echo Roogsy: today is still the 14th. There's more to come.

We've moved out three players and are adding two. That's hardly a gutting. Let's remember that guys like Gargan, Harden, Borman, Sturgis, JDG (I was hoping he'd get announced today) and others are still on our roster.

I'm really hoping that the amount of movement we saw today is less than half of what Mariner has planned for the transfer window.

Here's hoping.

DangerRed
07-14-2011, 04:54 PM

I'm not going to rehash the counterpoints because others have above me, but my, that is one indefensible argument you've got there.

menefreghista
07-14-2011, 04:57 PM
So now that the two trades are official, I'd echo Roogsy: today is still the 14th. There's more to come.

We've moved out three players and are adding two. That's hardly a gutting. Let's remember that guys like Gargan, Harden, Borman, Sturgis, JDG (I was hoping he'd get announced today) and others are still on our roster.

I'm really hoping that the amount of movement we saw today is less than half of what Mariner has planned for the transfer window.

Here's hoping.

Its going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Its a shame our schedule was so front-loaded, it could have made for an exciting second half of the season. Hopefully the CCL can fill the void.

Pachuco
07-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Anyone notice how quiet these moves are until it actually happens. Personally I like it. Can't stand the 4 day threads with rumours that Joao Pinto is on an airplane already signed and bought a house in Toronto.

Shakes McQueen
07-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Anyone notice how quiet these moves are until it actually happens. Personally I like it. Can't stand the 4 day threads with rumours that Joao Pinto is on an airplane already signed and bought a house in Toronto.

Yes, it's a marked improvement over hearing every excruciating detail and half-truth about a negotiation, just to have nothing ultimately happen half the time.

- Scott

jloome
07-14-2011, 05:06 PM

Statement's only shocking if you consider it accurate. AS poorly as JDG may sometimes play relative to salary, he's twice the player of either Sturgis or Dunfield, neither of which should start in MLS.

TFCRegina
07-14-2011, 05:10 PM
http://www.teamradio.ca/player/1410_listen.htm

Terry on the radio right now.

nimamalek
07-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Statement's only shocking if you consider it accurate. AS poorly as JDG may sometimes play relative to salary, he's twice the player of either Sturgis or Dunfield, neither of which should start in MLS.

sturgis has been outplaying JDG all season

TFCRegina
07-14-2011, 05:27 PM
JohnMolinaro John Molinaro
Just got off phone with J Peterson. He was surprised by trade. Had some interesting things to say on other TFC matters. Story to come later.

Well, here we go. Beans are gonna be spilled.

jloome
07-14-2011, 05:45 PM
sturgis has been outplaying JDG all season

In all but one game this season, Sturgis' inability to read opponents movement has been dreadful. He's simply not a smart enough player for this league and I couldn't disagree more.

I'd take JDG with an ankle sprain over Nathan Sturgis who, along with Tchani in the NY game, contributed to the single worst midfield performance this team has ever produced.

Gazza
07-14-2011, 05:53 PM

..."And so are the days of our lives"

Flipityflu
07-14-2011, 06:06 PM
well, we got what we wished for. pretty good day. it seemed like waiting an eternity to see Mariner bring out the carving knife. this is were we really get to see what Mariner/Winter can do.

trane
07-14-2011, 06:07 PM
In all but one game this season, Sturgis' inability to read opponents movement has been dreadful. He's simply not a smart enough player for this league and I couldn't disagree more.

I'd take JDG with an ankle sprain over Nathan Sturgis who, along with Tchani in the NY game, contributed to the single worst midfield performance this team has ever produced.

Skill wise JDG is way ahead of any other mid we have. I think that peoples minds are clouded due to the money he gets. My only concern with him as an otherall player, is that he is not physical enough and mobile enough for a DM.

But clearly he has not had the desired impact on TFC, that does not mean he is worthless as a player.

ag futbol
07-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Comments from TFC website:

"so allocation money starting at CB on the 20th then?"

"would you start Harden or the allocation money"

I would start the allocation money

TFCwestcan
07-14-2011, 06:28 PM
August 27th let's hope Alan Gordon is in sick bay as he loves scoring on his old teams. Loved what he did this year although it looked like he was not going to be playing many games. Peterson had some good games earlier this year but I think that what we saw of him was his best, and not good enough in the end. Good luck Nana, so the final element of drama leaves the team.

Like the Dunfield move, Johnson we shall see. Next moves please.

jloome
07-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Has to be a defender coming today or tomorrow, has to be. No way they make that kind of salary drop, open up an international spot, unless they think they can win back fans with CCL run, and that won't happen without defensive depth.

jloome
07-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Skill wise JDG is way ahead of any other mid we have. I think that peoples minds are clouded due to the money he gets. My only concern with him as an otherall player, is that he is not physical enough and mobile enough for a DM.

But clearly he has not had the desired impact on TFC, that does not mean he is worthless as a player.

Dude has made, like, $5.2M here by the end of the year and basically done very little to earn it. If he had the character, he'd agree to play for league minimum for a year or two, as any sane, sensible person is well set for life at that income.

ExiledRed
07-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Dude has made, like, $5.2M here by the end of the year and basically done very little to earn it. If he had the character, he'd agree to play for league minimum for a year or two, as any sane, sensible person is well set for life at that income.

If he had the character, he'd split that money with his physiotherapist.

trane
07-14-2011, 06:57 PM

Yeah, when you see how much he has made, in light of the league reality, his contribution has been underwhealming to say the least.

bgnewf
07-14-2011, 07:04 PM
TFC Backs Up The Moving Van... Again

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/07/moving-van/

Thoughts on the two trades Thursday that have dramatically changed Toronto FC and set the stage for new signings once the transfer window opens.

Blizzard
07-14-2011, 07:14 PM

Is it that much? By the end of this season he will have completed two full seasons at $1.8 million plus there was the five games at the tail end of the 2009 season.

Based on those numbers, I'd guess perhaps $4 million at the most.

Have I missed something?

Granted, it is still a big chunk of change.

Stryker
07-14-2011, 07:18 PM
If you're right about Dunfield making the same amount next year and only having one more season left on his contract then all of todays deals were great and I see what TFC is doing.

Doucet3
07-14-2011, 07:21 PM
for the Johnson trade, we gave up alot, and a decent amount of cash in Salary, my mind wonders to Hargreaves for the Int. spot, not that im pulling for him but just seems like the pieces are more in place then ant other international,... oh wait.. latest news Patrice Evra to Toronto FC ahhahah let the rumors begin, like we gave up Nana ( my favorite red) and Gordon and Peterson for a pretty good player and some Alloc. money, i think the real prize we wanted was the Int spot

Serb_Star
07-14-2011, 07:24 PM
TFC has to be retarded to not use the international spot on a defender.

Detroit_TFC
07-14-2011, 07:28 PM

As I said on twitter (MrT = me) I would endorse this. It's not a long term solution. Couple seasons at best. But it would most certainly salvage this season, get TFC an astounding amount of publicity and make nearly every MLS follower go crazy. But this musing is just for amusement purposes. I can't see him leaving Italy.

Just for shits and giggles somebody drop an anonymous tip to mlsrumors.

TFCRegina
07-14-2011, 07:35 PM
http://mls-news.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1146:inter-milan-materazzi-derniere-pige-en-mls-&catid=36:breves&Itemid=130

s2cazz
07-14-2011, 07:38 PM
http://mls-news.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1146:inter-milan-materazzi-derniere-pige-en-mls-&catid=36:breves&Itemid=130

Google Translate:

After ten years of loyal service, Marco Materazzi, the Inter Milan defender was released Monday by the Nerazzurri. The former Italian international does not count for much to retire. This love of the United States, courted by the English promoted Queens Park Rangers, was also announced in MLS by the local newspaper Tuttosport last December. It stated that "Matrix", 37, interested in the Los Angeles Galaxy David Beckham, but New England Revolution and Toronto FC.

Oldtimer
07-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Here is Dunfield's goal for Canada... wearing red at BMO!

Z3FIhm0Q_rg&feature=related

moralis
07-14-2011, 07:52 PM
As part of the deal for Dunfield, Vancouver would also get "Future Considerations" from TFC. There are reports in Vancouver that the Whitecaps are interested in bringing in former TFC academy player Kevin Aleman. Man, I hope this doesn't happen.

Caps president Bob Lenarduzzi said the club has a “particular player in mind” for the future considerations part of the TFC deal.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Whitecaps+trade+favour+Vancouver+native+Terry+Dunf ield+Toronto/5103091/story.html

http://www.eightysixforever.com/2011/7/14/2276279/dumb-dude-deals-dunfield-for-diddly-poop-terry-dunfield-trades-to

What do you guys think if we lose another talented ex TFC player like we did we Russel Teibert. I would rather have sent the pick we received in the Dero trade.

Whoop
07-14-2011, 07:56 PM

Nothing spectacular.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2011/07/14/spf-molinaro-tfc-peterson.html

s2cazz
07-14-2011, 07:59 PM
People I would love to see Materazzi STEAMROLL:

Landon Donovan
David Beckham
Joseph Ngwenya
David Beckham
Chad Marshall
Robbie Rogers
Jeff Cunningham
David Beckham
Thiery Henry
Nav Dhanda
and last but not least... David Beckham

http://i31.tinypic.com/34o1szk.jpg

Whoop
07-14-2011, 08:05 PM
LOL... at the name you snuck in there.

So there is interest from LA, New England and Toronto in Materazzi?

Azerban
07-14-2011, 08:08 PM

that semi-article says it's the other way around...

s2cazz
07-14-2011, 08:11 PM

Traitor LOL

Pookie
07-14-2011, 08:13 PM
As part of the deal for Dunfield, Vancouver would also get "Future Considerations" from TFC. There are reports in Vancouver that the Whitecaps are interested in bringing in former TFC academy player Kevin Aleman. Man, I hope this doesn't happen.

Since Aleman was released by TFC, I'm pretty certain that they can't be sending him to Vancouver as part of a trade ;)

Whoop
07-14-2011, 08:14 PM
that semi-article says it's the other way around...

I can understand LA or even Toronto, but New England? LOL

Stryker
07-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Here is Dunfield's goal for Canada...
And what a terrible first touch it was.

TFCRegina
07-14-2011, 08:24 PM

Haha, yeah, Jeff Cunningham doesn't deserve it as much as the rest. ;)

bones
07-14-2011, 08:27 PM
The international spot returns to SJ on Jan 1, 2013. So we're only looking at a short term rental of sorts.

Bones...

DichioTFC
07-14-2011, 08:31 PM
People I would love to see Materazzi STEAMROLL:

Landon Donovan
David Beckham
Joseph Ngwenya
David Beckham
Chad Marshall
Robbie Rogers
Jeff Cunningham
David Beckham
Thiery Henry
Nav Dhanda
and last but not least... David Beckham

:( what did I do?

EDIT:

Traitor LOL

Oh, never mind. Carry on then. :D

kaos197O
07-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Since Aleman was released by TFC, I'm pretty certain that they can't be sending him to Vancouver as part of a trade ;)
I believe that TFC owns Aleman's MLS rights though. If this were the case, and TFC gives up those rights, it's a good deal for Vancouver. He should be able to break into the mold in MLS easily so.............

DichioTFC
07-14-2011, 08:53 PM
The international spot returns to SJ on Jan 1, 2013. So we're only looking at a short term rental of sorts.

Bones...

Any deals involving international roster spots are never permanent. Each club has a set number and can loan them out for a year at a time (I believe the max an international spot can be loaned out is three years or something).

Its one thing that handicapped Mo back when TFC was starting up, the roster had very limited international roster spots (much more limited than today). That's how guys like Andrea Lombardo made it onto the XI

Walms
07-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Sad to see Nana Go, he is home grow kid with a lota potential.
Sad to see Gordon go I was starting to hop on his bandwagon.
Happy to see peterson go, guy has no place in MLS, espically as a forward

PUMPEDDDDD to have Terry Dunfield in a Reds jersey,
and we can only hope that the new "international spot" is already filled with another one of mariners Great Find's on Deffence

ArmenJBX
07-14-2011, 09:07 PM
-------------------------------Frei-----------------------------------
--Eckersley----------Hatchi--------------NewCB-------------Borman--
----------------Dunfield------------------Sturgis---------------------
-------------------------------Frings---------------------------------
--Johnson-------------------Koevermans------------------Plata-------

Stryker
07-14-2011, 09:15 PM
^ Johnson's a left footed LW

Suds
07-14-2011, 09:16 PM
I've been golfing all day ... Woah! Wha Hawppun?

Sad to see both Nana and Gordon go. Wish the former TFC players the best as they move on.

Seems Marnier & team have just about shifted out the bulk of the team they inherited. I think a new CB few more minor moves may be in the cards.

jazzy
07-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Dunfield seems to be overrated on this board. I think he's slow, and his distribution is terrible. Kevin Harmse was also a warrior and a red card waiting to happen.

you didn`t see him playing for Canada then, vs Equador........best goal I`ve seen in a long time for us.......and he was everywhere........speed is overrated in the middle but quickness on the otherhand is important . he will get after the ball in the middle AND not be easily shoved aside as JDG........Nana I feel without any facts btw, will never be the same defender we were growing to love. I think his legs are suspect, he didn`t rehab well and then quickly reinjured himself.....we gave away 3 players not going to get any better, for the future team.......great move....but thanks Gordon you.re a gamer

jazzy
07-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Why should Cronin get to know before the player himself? I don't like the way they've treated Nana since they came in

hmm, maybe they asked Cronin before the deal what do you think of him as an individual....think about it, happens all the time.....nana was given his chances,...still say he`ll never be 100% fit , theres something up with his past injuries.....enough of babying these guys they are pro`s and continually make demands..as well;

Pookie
07-14-2011, 09:42 PM
I believe that TFC owns Aleman's MLS rights though. If this were the case, and TFC gives up those rights, it's a good deal for Vancouver. He should be able to break into the mold in MLS easily so.............

Sure would be interesting to see the paperwork on this one.

If true, then Aleman has no contract with TFC but is effectively never going to play in the MLS unless TFC trade his rights.

If the rights are held by TFC, then you've got to hope for his sake... and any other player in that Academy... that the rights expire at some point. Much like in the NHL where a drafted player that doesn't sign after a period of time gets put back in the draft.

TFCRegina
07-14-2011, 09:54 PM
I've been golfing all day ... Woah! Wha Hawppun?

Sad to see both Nana and Gordon go. Wish the former TFC players the best as they move on.

Seems Marnier & team have just about shifted out the bulk of the team they inherited. I think a new CB few more minor moves may be in the cards.

Sorry, sent out a mass text and forgot to include you.

CSO_BBTB
07-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Good riddance to Attakora, Doneil Henry represents the future at that position now from a Canadian angle and I bet the quadricep thing clears up the moment he lands in San Jose. Loved the way Gordon went on a search and destroy mission against Beckham a few weeks back and the way he plays in general when not injured but he was surplus to requirements with the arrival of Koevermans as air traffic control up front and odds on he prefers being in California anyway. Peterson always seemed like one of the good guys in attitude terms but on slightly too high a number and not the best fit for the winger role in the style TFC have adopted so not surprised to see him go. Think this means an experienced centre back on > $100k can be brought in from overseas as an injury replacement for Cann in the context of 2011 and then as a permanent replacement in 2012 because I seriously doubt Cann's contract option will be picked up again if there is one. Too high a number and too high an opinion of himself.

Onwards and upwards! :flare::flare::flare::flare::flare:

ryan
07-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Not sure if it's already been said in here or not, but we have San Jose's International Spot through next season as well as this one.

Blizzard
07-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Sure would be interesting to see the paperwork on this one.

If true, then Aleman has no contract with TFC but is effectively never going to play in the MLS unless TFC trade his rights.

If the rights are held by TFC, then you've got to hope for his sake... and any other player in that Academy... that the rights expire at some point. Much like in the NHL where a drafted player that doesn't sign after a period of time gets put back in the draft.

There is no paperwork. Aleman never signed his agreement with TFC. I believe that he is a totally free agent.

Stryker
07-14-2011, 10:09 PM
I think Winter will try to bring in a couple good CB's on loan till the end of the season. And for just a few months, he can get some good quality with a couple hundred thousand.
It's the wise thing to do. This way, he's given time to see if his current CB's will be physically fit for next season, and he's buying himself time till JDG/DeRo/Barretts (or any other stiffs we need to rid ourselves of) contracts are off our books and he'll have plenty of cash to throw around in the off season. Best of all, if our two rental CB's are good, they may be convinced to stay, if they're not, well see ya later no hard feelings.