PDA

View Full Version : adidas Toronto FC Authentic Techfit Jersey

whyalwaysme11
07-09-2011, 04:44 PM
So I was on my way home today and decided to pass by real sports thats when i noticed there was a new tfc jersey it was the techfit one just like the one that the sounders have... i checked the tag it was authentic just like the current one without the techfit.

BeerBaron95
07-09-2011, 05:43 PM
So I was on my way home today and decided to pass by real sports thats when i noticed there was a new tfc jersey it was the techfit one just like the one that the sounders have... i checked the tag it was authentic just like the current one without the techfit.

you must have a crap phone with no camera then??

Cause a pic would have been a hugeeeee help ;)

C.Barrett19
07-09-2011, 07:12 PM
http://www.realsports.ca/images/apparel/11_TFC/men-jerseys/110309-MLSE-RSA-TFC-13862.jpg

C.Barrett19
07-09-2011, 07:13 PM
thats the only tech fit on real sports site

John Stamos
07-09-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm not sure if your posting a question or a statement, but yeah, they've always had the Techfit there. However, they just keep a slightly lower quantity of them stocked as fans usually prefer a looser fitting replica and don't want to pay $30 more than potentially a less comfortable fit.

They're tough to tell apart from a quick glance, but I believe they keep high up on the rack compared to the cheaper ones. Just ask an employee to help you reach them.

whyalwaysme11
07-09-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm not sure if your posting a question or a statement, but yeah, they've always had the Techfit there. However, they just keep a slightly lower quantity of them stocked as fans usually prefer a looser fitting replica and don't want to pay $30 more than potentially a less comfortable fit.

They're tough to tell apart from a quick glance, but I believe they keep high up on the rack compared to the cheaper ones. Just ask an employee to help you reach them.

hi actually no they just got them this week. (i live and work around there so i am there like once a week) they put them out right after last weekends 20 percent off sale. i talked to the staff he knew nothing about tfc stuff but when i showed him the techfit one he said it came out this week... also what do you mean by replica. they have two authentic ones there the techfit one and the original one that they are wearing right now. the reps are 30 bucks less (you are right about that) and i think they have a few of those left still.

whyalwaysme11
07-09-2011, 09:33 PM
you must have a crap phone with no camera then??

Cause a pic would have been a hugeeeee help ;)

ha ha i was walking home from a pick up game
i dont usually bring my cell when i go play or else i would of snapped it up
i might pass by sunday afternoon again i will take one then

John Stamos
07-10-2011, 11:36 AM
hi actually no they just got them this week. (i live and work around there so i am there like once a week) they put them out right after last weekends 20 percent off sale. i talked to the staff he knew nothing about tfc stuff but when i showed him the techfit one he said it came out this week... also what do you mean by replica. they have two authentic ones there the techfit one and the original one that they are wearing right now. the reps are 30 bucks less (you are right about that) and i think they have a few of those left still.
They've had the Techfits since the middle of April as that's when I started and I'm usually there 3-4 times a week. As I said before, they're less sought out so there's generally less stock available.

As far as I know, a rep told me there has told me there was a lot of Techfit jerseys that have been put on sale from last season at about $25 but they were all just size Smalls. This is what I am assuming you're talking about as I haven't been down as of last week.

Brooker
07-10-2011, 11:52 AM
"Location: A Full House"

lol.

canadian_bhoy
07-10-2011, 12:29 PM
I paid more for my kit because it was supposed to be the "Authentic". If the players are wearing something different, I want to know why I paid more to get the authentic over the replica...and if there isn't a good reason, I want my money back.

John Stamos
07-10-2011, 03:23 PM
I paid more for my kit because it was supposed to be the "Authentic". If the players are wearing something different, I want to know why I paid more to get the authentic over the replica...and if there isn't a good reason, I want my money back.
You would have paid less for an Authentic jersey compared to a Techfit, about $30 difference. I believe the industry uses term Authentic and Replica interchangeably. FYI, the Authentic uses ClimaCool technology.

As far as I am aware, other teams who have Adidas as their kit manufacturer have Techfit and Formotion jerseys available for the players to wear. Obviously Techfit fits tighter where Formotion is looser on the body, but for production purposes, Adidas makes ClimaCool jerseys available for the public to buy and as far as I know, doesn't mass produce Formation jerseys for the public (as it be too expensive of a price point).

Adidas isn't exactly keeping this a secret from the public as a google search will tell you all about it. It's essentially what all other teams in MLS are having done for them as well.