PDA

View Full Version : tickets to d.c. Aug 6th

colin.h
07-05-2011, 09:19 AM
new to this, season ticket holder since day 1. never been to a road game. me and the boys plan to go to washington for the Aug 6th game, but we want to sit with all the other Reds fans. does anyone know how I go about it?

Joe Kool
07-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Just call the DC United box office and ask for the away supporter section I would think.

colin.h
07-05-2011, 10:03 AM
thanks Joe kool, I will go ahead and call them, if anyone else knows different. pls let me know

__wowza
07-05-2011, 12:59 PM
^ joes pretty much nailed it. they'll get you into the away supporters section. from there, just check online over a few different forums (bigsoccer/usec/etc) to see if any other TFC fans are heading up there for the game.

prizby
07-05-2011, 09:56 PM
based on what happened last year, i wouldn't expect them to be over welcoming with open arms

colin.h
07-06-2011, 07:36 AM
so i spoke to the customer service rep at d.c. united, mmatthes@dcunited.com . she said they have about 50 tickets on hold for the TFC supporters that they are expecting. looks like five of us will be making the trip. FYI, Jays are in Baltimore that weekend, we're going to the Friday night game. Thanks for the help everyone....

London
07-06-2011, 07:43 AM
based on what happened last year, i wouldn't expect them to be over welcoming with open arms

they were so welcoming anyways,

-sit us in the 500 section of an empty NFL stadium
-dont turn the lights on for us to get up to the section
-no bathrooms in any close area
-no food or drinks available
-barely any security to keep home fans from coming up to the 500's

if they were as mad as most say they are, why have we not heard anything else about it?

you were not there and realy have zero clue as to what happened or will happen in the future

kodiakTFC
07-06-2011, 07:43 AM
so i spoke to the customer service rep at d.c. united, mmatthes@dcunited.com . she said they have about 50 tickets on hold for the TFC supporters that they are expecting. looks like five of us will be making the trip. FYI, Jays are in Baltimore that weekend, we're going to the Friday night game. Thanks for the help everyone....

You'll love Baltimore's stadium, one of the nicest in the league. You should be warned though that after visiting Camden Yards its difficult to stomach Rogers Centre.

colin.h
07-06-2011, 10:32 AM
so I've heard, however, I dont go to the Rogers Center anymore as they are not "smoker friendly" I refuse to visit a place that closed the smoking room, and will not allow re-entry once you exit for a cig. I don't expect them to make it easy on smokers, but impossible? while they all sit around and try to figure out why they only draw 12,000 per game, stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Couchy81
07-06-2011, 10:59 AM
so I've heard, however, I dont go to the Rogers Center anymore as they are not "smoker friendly" I refuse to visit a place that closed the smoking room, and will not allow re-entry once you exit for a cig. I don't expect them to make it easy on smokers, but impossible? while they all sit around and try to figure out why they only draw 12,000 per game, stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

It's not impossible to smoke in there, if you're in the 500s on a normal 12k game day there are seemingly endless deserted ramps all over the place you can have a quick cig in.

RedRum
07-06-2011, 11:33 AM
No worries, they actually allow smoking on the ramps, so you wont have to go into covert mode. DC is good times, but I always thought it was beyond stupid to put away support in the 500 level when the stadium seats 80k or whatever.

colin.h
07-06-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm not bothered where i sit, as long as i have cold beer, good buddies to watch the game with, and my d-ro jersey to piss on. I'll be in a good place. HERE WE GO BOYS!!!!

prizby
07-06-2011, 04:04 PM
they were so welcoming anyways,

-sit us in the 500 section of an empty NFL stadium
-dont turn the lights on for us to get up to the section
-no bathrooms in any close area
-no food or drinks available
-barely any security to keep home fans from coming up to the 500's

if they were as mad as most say they are, why have we not heard anything else about it?

you were not there and realy have zero clue as to what happened or will happen in the future

i didn't clarify...their copy of barra brava or w.e they call themself is who i was referring to

CayMack
07-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Any Reds fans tailgating or going to a pub before the match?