PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Price for July 27th game and CCL ?

Pages : [1] 2

Nuvinho
07-04-2011, 09:06 AM
So I figured (I was naive) that TFC FO would give us the July 27th game for free to all STH (similiar to a few years ago). But i was wrong. They are going to contact us this week asking for more money from us. In the past, I have always bought the CCL tickets, but this year, I am thinking its probably cheaper to pick one up from a scalper on game day.

Tickets for July 27

Toronto FC sales and service team will begin contacting season seat holders via email this week to secure their seats for the vital July 27 clash, as the Reds seek entry into the group stage of CONCACAF's premier club competition.

Members of other waiting lists and Toronto FC Insider (http://www.surveyconsole.com/console/TakeSurvey?id=639729) will be contacted shortly after season seat holders and before the public sale.

I think they may have a tough time selling these tickets.

menefreghista
07-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Well, to be fair to the club, we asked them to have them removed from our season ticket package.

I'm wondering what the cost will be?

A few years back purchasing these would be a no brainer. But I think I will wait until game day.

Carts
07-04-2011, 09:21 AM
I was hoping they'd be free, but as long as there is no ransom attached to it, whatever...

I'm away on vacation that week- if they call and say "if you dont buy this match, you can't purchase group stage tickets" I'll be pissed...

Roogsy
07-04-2011, 09:27 AM
Why would they be free? Once we won, I knew the announcement would go out the next day. The only free game promised was the league game this year in our seasons package. They're not going to give us 2 free games.

Carts...I wouldn't hold my breath. I totally expect the group stage to be packaged somehow with this qualifier. And frankly, it's understandable. It's all Champions League games.

kodiakTFC
07-04-2011, 09:37 AM
My guess is you buy a ticket to the Prelim Qualifier and if they win you get charged for the three home games in the group stage. From what I remember the CCL games were very fairly priced last time around. I feel like I only paid $15/game in 115 last time around. Which was a pretty big discount because I believe the single game tickets in the south were $23, again I could be wrong. not a bad price too when you consider we get to play Pumas.

MartinUtd
07-04-2011, 09:41 AM
I'd be nice if they gave us $10 tickets or something. How many people were at the last qualifier? 6000?

Stouffville_RPB
07-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Well, to be fair to the club, we asked them to have them removed from our season ticket package.

This is the reason why. We asked not to be charged for all games and the club listened. Good on them.

ensco
07-04-2011, 09:46 AM
I think they will give you the Esteli game for free if you commit to the 3 CL games that would follow, if they get through. Just a guess.

Carts
07-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Carts...I wouldn't hold my breath. I totally expect the group stage to be packaged somehow with this qualifier. And frankly, it's understandable. It's all Champions League games.

I'm not, and I'd package them together too if I was running a team - I'm just trying to tailor make this to my personal schedule! :D

Joe Kool
07-04-2011, 09:55 AM
I was hoping they'd be free, but as long as there is no ransom attached to it, whatever...

I'm away on vacation that week- if they call and say "if you dont buy this match, you can't purchase group stage tickets" I'll be pissed...

I never had any expectation that these tickets would be free but I certainly hope the ransom part is not attached to it as well. If they do force the group stage games on anyone that wants to buy for the preliminary round then it will drive down ticket sales like it did last time and piss a bunch of people off. If they were smart they wouldn't want to risk it especially with this past year's whole thing about the renewals and how many games people wanted in their package. They should know by now that people don't like to be tied into buying other stuff. I think if they sold the prelim's on their own then group stage as a package if we make it then it would sell better. If they try to tie it together people will decline and buy games as they come I bet.

DangerRed
07-04-2011, 10:04 AM
We get FC Dallas-style turnouts at the qualifiers and even at the group stage. I'm out of the country for the second half of this month so I'll miss July 27, but I'll just buy walkups to the other ones (assuming we go through).

menefreghista
07-04-2011, 10:06 AM
I feel like I only paid $15/game in 115 last time around.

I'm pretty sure it was $19.

denime
07-04-2011, 10:19 AM
I never had any expectation that these tickets would be free but I certainly hope the ransom part is not attached to it as well. If they do force the group stage games on anyone that wants to buy for the preliminary round then it will drive down ticket sales like it did last time and piss a bunch of people off. If they were smart they wouldn't want to risk it especially with this past year's whole thing about the renewals and how many games people wanted in their package. They should know by now that people don't like to be tied into buying other stuff. I think if they sold the prelim's on their own then group stage as a package if we make it then it would sell better. If they try to tie it together people will decline and buy games as they come I bet.

That was the case last year and I'm sure they will do it again.

bgnewf
07-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Champions League Tickets - How Much?

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/07/how-much/

I speculate as to how TFC will price CONCACAF Champions League tickets now that they have over 20,000 seats to sell and only three weeks in which to do it.

CretanBull
07-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Very well said! I hope someone from the FO is reading.

Dave67
07-04-2011, 11:55 AM
This will be a real window into what we can expect for our 2012 renewal price. If the club does not show some common sense with this game then I don't expect they will in the future.

Fort York Redcoat
07-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Personally, I don't want the ticket to be less than an MLS match. These games are more important to me. I would like to see it priced at the lowest MLS game price because of demand, though.

TOBOR !
07-04-2011, 12:38 PM
My current level of disinterest continues unabated.

woolly
07-04-2011, 12:40 PM
That was the case last year and I'm sure they will do it again.

I dunno, I'm not so confident that we will make it through to the next round based on our performance this year (Whitecaps games excepted). I don't think FO would be willing to cut everyone cheques if they make you pay up front and don't win.

Of course they could spin that as "apply it to next years season tickets", but that would cause such a backlash it would be inconceivable.

kodiakTFC
07-04-2011, 12:40 PM
One thing of note, the supporters section during the CCL was top notch. The rest of the stadium may have almost been empty but the supporters was rammed and full of actual supporters instead of scalpers/tourists. The Cruz Azul game is still top 5 BMO Field experience for me.

Auzzy
07-04-2011, 12:45 PM
I dunno, I'm not so confident that we will make it through to the next round based on our performance this year (Whitecaps games excepted). I don't think FO would be willing to cut everyone cheques if they make you pay up front and don't win.

Of course they could spin that as "apply it to next years season tickets", but that would cause such a backlash it would be inconceivable.

They didn't make you pay up-front last year. However, if you purchased tickets for the play-in qualifier (via the SSH deal), and TFC qualified for the next round, then money for that round's home games would be automatically deducted from your credit card. Denime felt they would probably do that again this year.

You could however wait, and purchase single tickets to the play-in qualifier, at a slightly higher cost, but no commitment for the following games (what I did). Or you could buy them off this board etc.

Pookie
07-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Here's where the NY Red Bulls have it right. Playoff and "Bonus" games are all included in your season ticket price. I mentioned that to my Rep who said that they (NY) are paying for it somehow.

True except that their per game price is still lower than mine and that's without playoff games.

If these CCL tickets are priced with anything other than a DEEP discount, I'm not sure we'll crack the 10,000 mark.

Pachuco
07-04-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm not going anywhere near these tickets. If I feel like going, I have no doubt I will find some free ones or half price tickets for these games. I am NEVER buying TFC tickets for CCL again at full price.

ManUtd4ever
07-04-2011, 01:13 PM
I agree that the CCL matches will be a tough sell, primarily because they are optional, and the general fan base outside of the supporter groups does not care about the tournament.

Personally, I would prefer a deep run in Champions League as opposed to a run in the MLS Playoffs, but I know I am in the minority.

redcard
07-04-2011, 01:19 PM
The FO may be thinking with two new dp's that demand will be up. Lets see how it goes...i would expect the tickets to be for about $18 or less for STHs.

ryan
07-04-2011, 01:24 PM
I agree that the CCL matches will be a tough sell, primarily because they are optional, and the general fan base outside of the supporter groups does not care about the tournament.

Personally, I would prefer a deep run in Champions League as opposed to a run in the MLS Playoffs, but I know I am in the minority.

I am with you there.

Hitcho
07-04-2011, 01:25 PM
One thing of note, the supporters section during the CCL was top notch. The rest of the stadium may have almost been empty but the supporters was rammed and full of actual supporters instead of scalpers/tourists. The Cruz Azul game is still top 5 BMO Field experience for me.

Agree. The atmosphere in the south end for that Cruz Azul game was fantastic, because the make up the south end was changed for it dramatically. That game gave a glimpse of how the south end should/could be if the FO could find a way to make it happen. Get that going every week and the rest of the stadium would fill up just for the atmosphere I think. It would be 2007 all over again, but much better organized.

The gate 3 post game for that Azul game was also one of the best I have ever seen. Good times.

Carts
07-04-2011, 01:25 PM

I don't think you'd be in a minority around here...

In the city of Toronto, sure - but I think its more of a case that a lot of casuals don't understand the importance of the Champions League...

They grew up in North American sports where your league trophy (based on winning the playoffs) is the thing to win...

I think we'd need an actual CCL Title before we change many people's minds...

Carts...

Couchy81
07-04-2011, 01:27 PM
I

I don't know how anyone could not find progressing in Champions League exciting. I watched the Real Salt Lake vs Monterrey game and it was fantastic. When TFC gets that far I hope the fans turn up like the ones in Utah did.

Two of the best TFC games I've been to in the past 4 years were CL games last year.

Hitcho
07-04-2011, 01:28 PM

I am with you there.

Me too. Not coming from a play-off style country, I'd take the supporters' shield every now and again (!) and a regular CCL run above anything else (although by default that means we'd need to win the NCC every season I guess!).

mastermixer
07-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Personally, I don't want the ticket to be less than an MLS match. These games are more important to me. I would like to see it priced at the lowest MLS game price because of demand, though.

Wait... what??

denime
07-04-2011, 01:38 PM
This will be a real window into what we can expect for our 2012 renewal price. If the club does not show some common sense with this game then I don't expect they will in the future.

As far I remember TFC FO announced last winter there will be price freeze for 2012.

ManUtd4ever
07-04-2011, 01:39 PM

In the city of Toronto, sure - but I think its more of a case that a lot of casuals don't understand the importance of the Champions League...

They grew up in North American sports where your league trophy (based on winning the playoffs) is the thing to win...

Carts...

Oh I agree, I was referring to being in the minority compared to most fans outside the supporter groups.

denime
07-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Merged

ManUtd4ever
07-04-2011, 01:41 PM
I don't know how anyone could not find progressing in Champions League exciting. I watched the Real Salt Lake vs Monterrey game and it was fantastic. When TFC gets that far I hope the fans turn up like the ones in Utah did.

Two of the best TFC games I've been to in the past 4 years were CL games last year.

Agreed. Even though both matches fell short of a sellout, the atmosphere for the Motagua and Cruz Azul matches last year were the best of the season.

denime
07-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Champions League Tickets - How Much?

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/07/how-much/

I speculate as to how TFC will price CONCACAF Champions League tickets now that they have over 20,000 seats to sell and only three weeks in which to do it.

I merged the threads with same topic.

DangerRed
07-04-2011, 01:43 PM
One of the most exciting games at BMO was TFC v Cruz Azul. Edge of seat stuff and the empty seats allowed my buddy and I to switch seats at half for the best possible view. Again, though, I don't know why anyone would prepay for these games given how easy it is to get tickets.

And I really don't know what this guy is on about:

Whoop
07-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Unlike some others who have stated that they should be more because they're more important than MLS games, I would hope they are actually cheaper.

I think you'd get a better atmosphere if they are.

For me this year, given I think the playoffs are out, I would sacrifice the playoffs to see TFC get to the knock out stage.

Stouffville_RPB
07-04-2011, 01:44 PM

Damn right! Cruz Azul for me was my best time at BMO ever. Being in the mix of it all when the rain is falling and you went in with no real expectation of getting anything was fantastic. I'll never forget that match.

I've been on this boat for 3 seasons now. Being the best in the league is good but being the best in the region is on another level for me.

Stouffville_RPB
07-04-2011, 01:45 PM
For me this year, given I think the playoffs are out, I would sacrifice the playoffs to see TFC get to the knock out stage.

Not really sacrificing anything then Whoop. ;)

Fort York Redcoat
07-04-2011, 01:45 PM
And I really don't know what this guy is on about:

Simply put: we didn't earn our way into regular season games. Why should they be worth more?

ag futbol
07-04-2011, 01:46 PM
I've been on this boat for 3 seasons now. Being the best in the league is good but being the best in the region is on another level for me.
I'd agree with this IF the other teams actually took it seriously. I just don't see the level of commitment across the continent.

ManUtd4ever
07-04-2011, 01:47 PM
TFC has to price the CCL match(es) accordingly, given the lack of interest among the casual fan base. I agree that prices should be lower than MLS matches, and the advertising has to step up a notch or two compared to last season as well.

DangerRed
07-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Simply put: we didn't earn our way into regular season games. Why should they be worth more?

I appreciate your romanticism about TFC actually earning the right to take our money, but it doesn't work that way in real life. To speak in FO language: it's about demand. More people want MLS regular season tickets than tickets to the CCL prelim/group stage games.

If we had near-sellouts for every CCL game and half-empty stadiums for regular season play, you'd be correct to surmise that that would be reflected in the ticket price as well.

rocker
07-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Agreed. Even though both matches fell short of a sellout, the atmosphere for the Motagua and Cruz Azul matches last year were the best of the season.

yes, which is why I don't care what the attendance is. The people who were there really wanted to be there and it showed. Great atmosphere. And no lines for the washrooms or food. Lots of room around me to stretch out :)

Red CB Toronto
07-04-2011, 01:50 PM
As far I remember TFC FO announced last winter there will be price freeze for 2012.

I really believe just a price freeze will not be enough for a lot of people, I will be renewing my pair for sure but not really sure how it will go overall.

Whoop
07-04-2011, 01:52 PM
To me CCL matches > MLS matches

However, if results in MLS matches were more important than the Voyageurs Cup to qualify for the CCL, then it's a different story.

Like someone else said, if there was a choice, I'd rather be the king of CONCACAF than the king of MLS.

bgnewf
07-04-2011, 01:56 PM
The two qualifier games at BMO between TFC and PR Islanders and CD Motagua had announced attendances of 20,758 and 18,991 respectively. And these were tickets that were part of the season ticket packages.

The three CCL group games last season were as follows for paid attendance. The last game against Arabe Unido was of course after TFC has been eliminated from advancing to the knockout stages.

RSL - 10581
Cruz Azul - 16862
Arabe Unido - 10385

The last three games were not part of any season ticket packages and they all had to be sold individually.

Red CB Toronto
07-04-2011, 02:03 PM
The two qualifier games at BMO between TFC and PR Islanders and CD Motagua had announced attendances of 20,758 and 18,991 respectively. And these were tickets that were part of the season ticket packages.

The three CCL group games last season were as follows for paid attendance. The last game against Arabe Unido was of course after TFC has been eliminated from advancing to the knockout stages.

RSL - 10581
Cruz Azul - 16862
Arabe Unido - 10385

The last three games were not part of any season ticket packages and they all had to be sold individually.

The actually number of people in BMO for the Arabe Unido was not even half the announced attendance, my buddy and I actually moved down to the front row behind the Reds bench and it was amazing being able to here all the direction coming from the bench.

Pookie
07-04-2011, 02:17 PM
I appreciate your romanticism about TFC actually earning the right to take our money, but it doesn't work that way in real life. To speak in FO language: it's about demand. More people want MLS regular season tickets than tickets to the CCL prelim/group stage games.

If we had near-sellouts for every CCL game and half-empty stadiums for regular season play, you'd be correct to surmise that that would be reflected in the ticket price as well.

Prices are one factor.

Marketing, or lack thereof, is another.

I haven't even received a mass email announcement of our Canadian Championship let alone the notice about the games on 27th and Aug 2nd.

Fort York Redcoat
07-04-2011, 02:18 PM

Yes. I know well enough about the way of this franchise business by now. My point is it's this mentality that does us no good.

Some don't want to commit to this young, weak, tournament until it's "worth their while". What do they have to say to the many football fans in this area, country, who are doing the same for TFC or MLS? To those individuals staying away they feel it beneath them to try and grow a team/league from scratch.

This tournament isn't that different. The scope of it is far greater than an already more popular product (MLS) and it takes educating of it's meaning and then commitment or patience for the tournament to grow.

At it's most basic I want to minimize the opinions of football priorities along the lines of:

1. Is TFC playing some famous team? (Meaningless midseason friendly)
2. Are they at least playing a city I recognize from other sports? (MLS)
3. I've never heard of that team/tournament- how much?

This mentality is a reality but it's not one I'm content to keep as the way to grow this sport here.

Much like BR was saying above I'd rather people who are there at least know the relevance of the tournament instead of attending for a bargain.

DangerRed
07-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes. I know well enough about the way of this franchise business by now. My point is it's this mentality that does us no good.

Some don't want to commit to this young, weak, tournament until it's "worth their while". What do they have to say to the many football fans in this area, country, who are doing the same for TFC or MLS? To those individuals staying away they feel it beneath them to try and grow a team/league from scratch.

This tournament isn't that different. The scope of it is far greater than an already more popular product (MLS) and it takes educating of it's meaning and then commitment or patience for the tournament to grow.

Much like BR was saying above I'd rather people who are there at least know the relevance of the tournament instead of attending for a bargain.

Then I think you want to have your cake and eat it too. For now at least, people will only come because it's a bargain, and those who don't come simply don't see the bargain in watching "some team I've never heard of" play the TFC b-squad.

For me, CCL games have always been exciting and they let you see teams you'd never see otherwise. And it feels fucking awesome when TFC beats the champion of so-and-so country, like they did against Cruz Azul.

But I'm not going to sit there and say, man, those fuckers in the FO, they're really screwing this up by not advertising and charging bargain prices.

I like it just the way it is: a bargain that exists because there are many too unaware or too disinterested to take it. With that said, I'd never pre-buy these tickets simply for the reason that they're dirt-cheap to buy on game day.

Fort York Redcoat
07-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Then I think you want to have your cake and eat it too. For now at least, people will only come because it's a bargain, and those who don't come simply don't see the bargain in watching "some team I've never heard of" play the TFC b-squad.

For me, CCL games have always been exciting and they let you see teams you'd never see otherwise. And it feels fucking awesome when TFC beats the champion of so-and-so country, like they did against Cruz Azul.

But I'm not going to sit there and say, man, those fuckers in the FO, they're really screwing this up by not advertising and charging bargain prices.

I like it just the way it is: a bargain that exists because there are many too unaware or too disinterested to take it. With that said, I'd never pre-buy these tickets simply for the reason that they're dirt-cheap to buy on game day.

It sounds we're pretty much in agreement on how we'd like it to be and that we have a long way to go. With more time and league growth the talent level and roster strength should be at a level where this tournament can take its rightful place. Until then, I don't mind people pointing out the weaknesses in it as long as it's overall potential isn't ignored or dismissed.

:scarf::drum::scarf:

ryan
07-04-2011, 02:43 PM

Only cause we're gonna make the playoffs in 2012 and they'll give us a double price hike in 2013.

:drum::scarf::drum:

Oldtimer
07-04-2011, 02:45 PM

Carts...

I think TFC playing Barcelona would certainly get people's attention.

__wowza
07-04-2011, 02:54 PM
cruz azul was fantastic.
i was in stitches heading into the second half when my buddy got our section chanting this:

(to the tune of go west)
2-nil even MISTA scored!
2-nil even MISTA scored!
2-nil even MISTA scored!
2-nil even MISTA scored!

tiberius
07-04-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm not going anywhere near these tickets. If I feel like going, I have no doubt I will find some free ones or half price tickets for these games. I am NEVER buying TFC tickets for CCL again at full price.

I too will wait for game day or a great deal - bound to be some travelzoo tixs and other bagain basement giveaways - and if they really had their act together TFC FO would do a groupon!

Derko
07-04-2011, 03:25 PM
I am away for July 27th, but if TFC advance I want to be able to purchase my seats for the group stages.

RedRum
07-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Some good posts in this thread. It will be interesting how TFC approach ticketing for this game. There wont be much whining at all if they sell the 27th game on it's own, even for what a regular MLS game costs. If they try to force the rest of the group stage games on us at the same time, there will be serious beef and poor attendance.

I almost hope they fuck up and choose option 2, it will be funny to see them get a very quick and accurate reading of exactly what kind of boon signing 2 DP's is worth without any team success to go along with it.

bgnewf
07-04-2011, 04:13 PM
I think the assumption many of us in, for what of a better word, the "supporters movement" is that we assume that every other season ticket holder outside of RPB, USector or the NEE for example are as tuned into all the goings on at TFC as we are.

Many fans that don't know the difference, with due respect to them, between a MLS game and a visit from a team from Nicaragua and all they are going to see is an email asking for more money.

There needs to be some serious education done on this for the more casual fan and the pricing is going to be absolutely key.

james
07-04-2011, 05:05 PM
it is going to be a very hard to sell these tickets. The West,East and North End stand tickets will have to be more like South End price ticekts if they want to sell any.

My suggestion......$15 or $20 for no matter where you sit in the stadium, even that may not sell out but no ones paying $40,$50,$60 exc. thats for sure.

This may seem wierd to some in North America having 1 set price, but this is a common thing in England in FA and Carling Cup early round matches to be less then reguler season matches, for example West Ham had 15pounds a ticket no matter where you were sitting when they played Burnley this year back in February.

However this is TFC FO...they will most likely fuck this up!

mclaren
07-04-2011, 06:13 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here but MLS has to take precedence. We are still a relatively new team and we need to make a mark in our OWN league before we begin to think about the Champions League. It's easier for us to get into the Champions League of course than to make the playoffs, but our focus should be on MLS.

jazzy
07-04-2011, 06:16 PM
I really believe just a price freeze will not be enough for a lot of people, I will be renewing my pair for sure but not really sure how it will go overall.

maybe, but after Sat's match and we'll see how the Dp's workout , I'm wonderin if it won't be the same old, situation . I think loads of crying, but in the end there will be only a handful of supporters not renewing and maybe those that left last year will see a few return ? ....

james
07-04-2011, 06:25 PM
maybe, but after Sat's match and we'll see how the Dp's workout , I'm wonderin if it won't be the same old, situation . I think loads of crying, but in the end there will be only a handful of supporters not renewing and maybe those that left last year will see a few return ? ....

id say if there is just a ticket freeze ticket sales will drop next year. I think tickets actually need to drop in price to keep the fans we have now and possibly get fans to come back who have stopped comming. This is exspecially in sections outside of the south end. Southend tickets have only increased a little bit in comparrison to some other sections.

Only way id say maybe tickets wont drop in sales without dropping prices is if TFC make a come back and have a playoff run!

jazzy
07-04-2011, 06:26 PM
I like it just the way it is: a bargain that exists because there are many too unaware or too disinterested to take it. With that said, I'd never pre-buy these tickets simply for the reason that they're dirt-cheap to buy on game day.[/QUOTE]

I love playing outsiders with something at stake, exact opposite of friendlies, for which I may never attend again if they include tfc.....but what if one loves his seats and doesn't really want to sit anywhere else?....I've tried a lot of different sections and I've found a home, from which I don't want to leave...so in that case I have to prepay ........and I must stand

james
07-04-2011, 06:32 PM
i agree on enjoying playing outside teams, teams you dont play year after year and actually mean something rather then friendlies. Friendlies are biggest waste of money, players often dont care, many non starters play and playing for nothing, meanningless if you win or lose.

nfitz
07-04-2011, 06:34 PM
The two qualifier games at BMO between TFC and PR Islanders and CD Motagua had announced attendances of 20,758 and 18,991 respectively.They are preliminaries, not qualifiers. We've already qualified for Champions League.

And these were tickets that were part of the season ticket packages.Not last year. Last year the season ticket package only included the 15 MLS games, the 2 Voyageurs Cup games, and the Bolton Friendly. The Motagua tickets were sold completely from scratch (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/06/reds-play-motagua-july-27).

The challenge this year is that they only have 3˝ weeks to sell the tickets compared to over 2 months last year after we qualified on May 26, 2010.

james
07-04-2011, 06:38 PM
They are preliminaries, not qualifiers. We've already qualified for Champions League.

Not last year. Last year the season ticket package only included the 15 MLS games, the 2 Voyageurs Cup games, and the Bolton Friendly. The Motagua tickets were sold completely from scratch (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/06/reds-play-motagua-july-27).

The challenge this year is that they only have 3˝ weeks to sell the tickets compared to over 2 months last year after we qualified on May 26, 2010.

and i think many fans have had enough of the price increase and another shit season so far. Many people have just had enough.

jazzy
07-04-2011, 06:40 PM
id .

Only way id say maybe tickets wont drop in sales without dropping prices is if TFC make a come back and have a playoff run!

you very well may be right, just going on a sense of the traditional local fan here,...we have taken a lot over the years, and are starving for just the tiniest bit of success...don't think they will make the playoffs either but if a semblance of a team/spirit picks up RE: Dp's as cohesive parts from where I sit I've seen a few casuals who seem still excited although they are thriving off of supporters groups input/energy . yup MLSE , again back to supporters being a big part. I'm excited ,..(today anyway) lol,....but I always will have a price threshold regardless....and quite a few here are right how MLSE prices these tickets could go a long way in creating future goodwill.

nfitz
07-04-2011, 06:47 PM
and i think many fans have had enough of the price increase and another shit season so far. Many people have just had enough.Yes, that's another issue. However Tim's premise that the 18,991 ticket sales for C.D. Motagua was because it was in the season ticket pack is fundamentally flawed.

Though Motagua is a half-decent team; personally I delayed my vacation by a week so that I could see Motagua and Guevera play Toronto FC. This year, I'm not delaying my vacation to see Real Estelí. Seeing them play the Impact on TV in 2008 was enough for me to take my vacation as scheduled!

ryan
07-04-2011, 06:55 PM
They are preliminaries, not qualifiers. We've already qualified for Champions League.

Eh? No. We're in the prelims right now.

LittleOzzy
07-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Any word on if Sportsnet or TSN will be picking up the games?

nfitz
07-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Eh? No. We're in the prelims right now.Uh ... isn't that what I said?

cmonyoureds
07-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Hmmm, how about this. My support and ticket purchases for the next 3 group stage games will depend on how this particular game is priced.
If anyone tries to make access to the group stage dependant on support of this game, well, don't call me.
Supply and demand would seem to dictate we're in the drivers seat now.

(assuming of course we make the group stage)

ForestGlade
07-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Any word on if Sportsnet or TSN will be picking up the games?

Doubt it. GolTV usually gets the Champions League games since 2009

BS1327
07-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Last year I picked up 2 seats in 111, second row, for 20 bucks a game. At that price, I don't mind buying them, even in advance. I think the FO knows the situation right now with price increases and hopefully will do the right thing here.

brad
07-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Me too. Not coming from a play-off style country, I'd take the supporters' shield every now and again (!) and a regular CCL run above anything else (although by default that means we'd need to win the NCC every season I guess!).

Agree. I look at the supporters shield as the top prize, and the playoffs like another Cup.

YYZ_Fan
07-04-2011, 09:14 PM
So $15-$20 seems to be an acceptable rate for the CCL games in south end and light greys. Anyone on here with season's in Dark grey to Red? What is a reasonable rate for those seats? $30-$60?

Hitcho
07-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Agree. I look at the supporters shield as the top prize, and the playoffs like another Cup.

I honestly couldn't give a crap about the play offs. Makes no sense for a team to sneak into 8th place on the final day of the season and then have a chance to win the league's main prize. Plus if we do ever make it into the post season then MSLE will rape us on ticket prices and group them into a bundle that you have to pre-pay for.

Frankly I'd rather just play normal league season and CCL run if we can make it, although that's going to get harder and harder with two other MLS teams in the mix rather than some lower league competition. Good for the NCC and Canada generally but bad for us!

prizby
07-04-2011, 10:27 PM
they already make a ton off concessions...keep it cheap...its not like the game was guaranteed and ur making dope off the juve-sporting lisbon game

123 elite
07-04-2011, 11:06 PM

There's a couple of these type of comments on here tonight. I don't get that at all. In fact i find it quite crap. What that sounds like is a clique. It also seems to make the assumption that unless you are waving a flag behind the goal then you are less of a fan. Or a tourist or a scalper. Isn't it better to have the whole stadium appreciate the game (even if its not the same way as you) to have an overall better atmosphere? My best BMO experiences are the ones where not only is the south end bouncing but the east, west, north and upper deck are bouncing or screaming too ? Encouraging that kind of exclusive / true / real / call it what you want type fan is frankly a lot of bollox.

TFC Cityboy
07-05-2011, 04:41 AM
suggestion to MLSE:
- Make the qualifier free to STHs and sell the rest of the tickets at 50% of MLS matches to ensure a good turnout and abetter chance to progress. This will go some way to repair the broken relationship of last fall.

If we progress, sell the games to STHs at an attractive price...eg supp sections $15, West stand/East stand best seats no more than $40. I guarantee concession sales will compensate for much of the lost seat revenue on a warm summer night.

Or...history says they will stay put and expect folks to pay $25-100 for matches against teams most haven't heard of and the stadium will be a quarter full.
Up to you, suits. Do it right and we'll be there. Screw it up and we won't.

Canada72
07-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Not last year. Last year the season ticket package only included the 15 MLS games, the 2 Voyageurs Cup games, and the Bolton Friendly. The Motagua tickets were sold completely from scratch (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/06/reds-play-motagua-july-27).

Motagua where also the free tickets people got for missing the LA G20 game so not all where sold.

menefreghista
07-05-2011, 06:31 AM
The link nfitz posted also shows last years SSH price in the south end $19. I expect it to stay the same this year.

ensco
07-05-2011, 06:37 AM
My opinion: most FOs, not just picking on TFC here, think their fan bases are morons. They think people don't notice the games they play with pricing and value.

TFC will not actually cut prices. Never. It's a slippery slope. This cuts to the core of the issue of admitting your prices are too high, which the current mgmt group will not do. They will pray for second half success, because they will hold out hope that they can get back to where they were in terms of "supply and demand", if only they could get a win streak going.

The FO will also be worried about the potential for 3 more games to sell on short notice.

TFC signalled how they will handle this last year, when they suddenly made the opener "free" after the town halls.

imho they will include a free game, in the structure of the deal they offer, 4 games for 3, something along those lines.

Same goes for renewals for 2012. If necessary, it'll be a structure that masks price cuts by giving more free games.

menefreghista
07-05-2011, 06:39 AM
I wonder if they weren't expecting to beat Vancouver? They should have started getting ticket info out on Sunday and start selling them on Monday.

The delay makes me think they are still trying to decide how to handle this.

ensco
07-05-2011, 06:48 AM
I wonder if they weren't expecting to beat Vancouver? They should have started getting ticket info out on Sunday and start selling them on Monday.

The delay makes me think they are still trying to decide how to handle this.

Agree. This is tightly linked with signalling around renewals, as I argued above.

Fort York Redcoat
07-05-2011, 06:59 AM
There's a couple of these type of comments on here tonight. I don't get that at all. In fact i find it quite crap. What that sounds like is a clique. It also seems to make the assumption that unless you are waving a flag behind the goal then you are less of a fan. Or a tourist or a scalper. Isn't it better to have the whole stadium appreciate the game (even if its not the same way as you) to have an overall better atmosphere? My best BMO experiences are the ones where not only is the south end bouncing but the east, west, north and upper deck are bouncing or screaming too ? Encouraging that kind of exclusive / true / real / call it what you want type fan is frankly a lot of bollox.

This type of comments are born of the simple fact that those cliquish folk you bollux are the ones that are there when others are not. If you want other parts of the place to get attention they should be in the stadium.

That said, I don't devalue how necessary other types of support is. We don't pay for the top seats. So how does one sell those seats? More marketing trying to educate the importance of these games?

Giving these CCL tickets away will depreciate an already obscure tournament.

kodiakTFC
07-05-2011, 07:22 AM

I never said I don't want those seats filled, what I said was the south was rocking and thats why I had so much fun. If I could have the atmosphere of South End from the Cruz Azul game with the packed house of a LA Galaxy game, I wouldn't hesitate to prefer that option.

I appreciate the casuals but I have fun with the supporters. I can talk to a random supporter about anything TFC related and have a discussion, I know casuals who have season tickets who didn't know about Saturday's game and ask me who certain players are.

Pookie
07-05-2011, 07:46 AM
I never said I don't want those seats filled, what I said was the south was rocking and thats why I had so much fun. If I could have the atmosphere of South End from the Cruz Azul game with the packed house of a LA Galaxy game, I wouldn't hesitate to prefer that option.

I appreciate the casuals but I have fun with the supporters. I can talk to a random supporter about anything TFC related and have a discussion, I know casuals who have season tickets who didn't know about Saturday's game and ask me who certain players are.

You've got to be careful about generalizing. I've overheard conversations in 111 that would make a "supporters'" head spin.

Similarly, the migration of folks to the south end during the game is an interesting one. Are they:

- Hard core "Ultras" who simply are a little too embarrassed to be vocal in their own section OR
- those that want to snap a picture for their facebook to say they were there OR
- those who just want to chant with their fellow supporters?

I'd wager that we have all of the above in the south end at any given time.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-05-2011, 08:52 AM
it is going to be a very hard to sell these tickets. The West,East and North End stand tickets will have to be more like South End price ticekts if they want to sell any.

My suggestion......$15 or $20 for no matter where you sit in the stadium, even that may not sell out but no ones paying $40,$50,$60 exc. thats for sure.

This may seem wierd to some in North America having 1 set price, but this is a common thing in England in FA and Carling Cup early round matches to be less then reguler season matches, for example West Ham had 15pounds a ticket no matter where you were sitting when they played Burnley this year back in February.

However this is TFC FO...they will most likely fuck this up!

like this idea alot, theyd certain endear a ton of people by doing this

brad
07-05-2011, 09:05 AM
If they do ransom packs and make you commit to all the games, I suspect sales will suffer. I won't buy mine, as I know I can't use both tickets for all games and there is no longer a market to sell them spares on. I can buy tickets for half price for the match, and go sit in my seats anyway, as my section is half empty most games anyway.

rocker
07-05-2011, 09:41 AM
I have to admit... I'll pay whatever they charge me... LOL. I want my two seats and I can't miss these game.

bgnewf
07-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Hearing today on Twitter that tickets for this game won't go on sale until July 14th. Giving themselves only 14 days to sell north of 20,000 seats is both a curious decision if true and a huge ask for their ticketing staff.

sidvan
07-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Hearing today on Twitter that tickets for this game won't go on sale until July 14th. Giving themselves only 14 days to sell north of 20,000 seats is both a curious decision if true and a huge ask for their ticketing staff.

Especially since they never ever sent me my MLS cup tix - even after the fact as souveneir as they promised by email. Not confidence building.

Across_The_Pond
07-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Would any boy be able to point me in the direction for getting hold of a pair of tickets for this fixture? and when would they go on general sale? Thanks

nfitz
07-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Motagua where also the free tickets people got for missing the LA G20 game so not all where sold.True ... though the attendence at the LA G20 game was just under 19,000 ... so at most 3,000 of Motagua were freebies ... and probably less, as not everyone would have taken up the offer.

Brooker
07-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Would any boy be able to point me in the direction for getting hold of a pair of tickets for this fixture? and when would they go on general sale? Thanks

The stadium will be half empty so you can get them any way you like. From the club, from supporters, from anybody. Loads will be floating around.

July 14th is apparently when they go on sale according to bgnewf.

menefreghista
07-05-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm assuming July 14 is the public onsale date.

The SSH and waiting listers will probably get their chance sooner.

I still don't understand why these aren't already on sale.

kodiakTFC
07-05-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm assuming July 14 is the public onsale date.

The SSH and waiting listers will probably get their chance sooner.

I still don't understand why these aren't already on sale.

Me neither. Surely they've decided on a price and plan, all they need to do is implement it into their system and begin promoting it. This should all have all ready been set up.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
07-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Especially since they never ever sent me my MLS cup tix - even after the fact as souveneir as they promised by email. Not confidence building.

Ditto. Thanks for the reminder. Im guessing its as good as gone.

habstfc
07-05-2011, 12:58 PM
The stadium will be half empty so you can get them any way you like. From the club, from supporters, from anybody. Loads will be floating around.

You are not going to be able to get tickets for less than cost. The only way to get tickets to the first game especially is to pay full price as they aren't included in the SSH package. I just hope the last game of the group stage to be played at bmo ( if we make it to group stage) actually means something, unlike last year.

sulfur
07-05-2011, 01:01 PM
True ... though the attendence at the LA G20 game was just under 19,000 ... so at most 3,000 of Motagua were freebies ... and probably less, as not everyone would have taken up the offer.
They announce purchased tickets as attendance. Not the number of people through the gate.

ensco
07-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Me neither. Surely they've decided on a price and plan, all they need to do is implement it into their system and begin promoting it. This should all have all ready been set up.

This is one of the biggest marketing decisions, maybe the biggest, in team history.

They'd rather think this through than do something that they later regret at SSH renewal time, I think. What they do here will have a huge impact on what they can do, or not do, later this year. They only just signed Frings, who is a big part of the whole equation too.

gomesv
07-05-2011, 02:09 PM
I know some on this board think they'll get cheaper tickets...possibly game day and or scalpers......but keep in mind scalpers won't go near this ticket as it won't be sold out.....the only way to get a cheaper ticket is if someone buys tickets and then can't make it to the game, remember not part of STH package.....more FYI than anything......If MLSE prices this one wrong I predict a very empty BMO which would be a shame

brad
07-05-2011, 02:11 PM
I know some on this board think they'll get cheaper tickets...possibly game day and or scalpers......but keep in mind scalpers won't go near this ticket as it won't be sold out.....the only way to get a cheaper ticket is if someone buys tickets and then can't make it to the game, remember not part of STH package.....more FYI than anything......If MLSE prices this one wrong I predict a very empty BMO which would be a shame

Scalpers will be there buying spares off people for cheap and reselling them. Inventory will be lower though.

menefreghista
07-05-2011, 02:15 PM
I know some on this board think they'll get cheaper tickets...possibly game day and or scalpers......but keep in mind scalpers won't go near this ticket as it won't be sold out.....the only way to get a cheaper ticket is if someone buys tickets and then can't make it to the game, remember not part of STH package.....more FYI than anything......

This is a good point.

I believe this will happen next regular season as well. You can't just count on the market being flooded like it is now. If less people buy altogether there are less tickets being dumped as well.

This is one of the biggest marketing decisions, maybe the biggest, in team history.

They'd rather think this through than do something that they later regret at SSH renewal time, I think. What they do here will have a huge impact on what they can do, or not do, later this year. They only just signed Frings, who is a big part of the whole equation too.

While I agree with you that its an important decision, they had weeks (or even months) to formulate a plan to handle this sale. They know the true supply/demand situation.

It looks they were just sitting on their asses and got caught off guard. Or they are totally unsure of what to do.

gomesv
07-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Scalpers will be there buying spares off people for cheap and reselling them. Inventory will be lower though.

What spares??????? only those who buy tickets and then can't make it....how many people will make that mistake........could be wrong... but it all comes down to MLSE and pricing or unless they force this game by packaging with other's which would be a mistake imo.

kodiakTFC
07-05-2011, 02:20 PM
The Sounders FC announced tickets will go on sale for the second leg of the CONCACAF Champions League preliminary round on Wednesday, July 6 at 10 a.m. The Sounders FC will host Panama's San Francisco FC August 3 at CenturyLink Field. Kick-off is 7 p.m. PT.

They're all ready ahead.

menefreghista
07-05-2011, 02:23 PM
The Sounders FC announced tickets will go on sale for the second leg of the CONCACAF Champions League preliminary round on Wednesday, July 6 at 10 a.m. The Sounders FC will host Panama's San Francisco FC August 3 at CenturyLink Field. Kick-off is 7 p.m. PT.

They're all ready ahead.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I bet this is just the public onsale and season ticket holders already have this ticket included.

Brooker
07-05-2011, 02:33 PM
You are not going to be able to get tickets for less than cost. The only way to get tickets to the first game especially is to pay full price as they aren't included in the SSH package. I just hope the last game of the group stage to be played at bmo ( if we make it to group stage) actually means something, unlike last year.

Well I never said he could get them for below cost but since you bring it up, as usual there will be people who buy them who have something come up at the last minute and they'll be selling. So yeah, if demand is low enough, they'll have to sell below cost. Hell, I might have to sell below cost if for some reason I can't attend. Wouldn't be the first time.

ensco
07-05-2011, 02:35 PM
It looks they were just sitting on their asses and got caught off guard. Or they are totally unsure of what to do.

Or maybe they're paralyzed by fear that if they get this wrong, the new CEO and/or will decide the FO are clueless.

You can get away with signing players that don't work out, but this is different. The wonkiness of the SSH base is a major career issue for a bunch of people who leaped to take credit for the sellouts, and have to wear whatever happens now.

jb831
07-05-2011, 02:36 PM
From an e-mail TFC just sent out (Looks like they're still sorting their ish out):

// GET YOUR CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TICKETS
With Toronto FC claiming victory of the Canadian Championship they are now set to move onto the Preliminary Round of CONCACAF Champions League. The Reds will host Real Esteli of Nicaragua on Wednesday July 27 at 8:00 PM. Season Seat Holders will have first option to purchase their seats for the match.
Fellow-Insiders, you will be getting pricing details and early-purchase information communicated to you.

Oldtimer
07-05-2011, 02:38 PM
ML$E has been selling cheap tickets all season through various channels. I may end up just go there, rather than buying my regular seats.

nfitz
07-05-2011, 05:19 PM
They announce purchased tickets as attendance. Not the number of people through the gate.Not necessarily. We've had reported attendances this season for MLS games as low as 16,313 - and it's believed that there are more than 16,000 season tickets - let alone those with partial packs.

And given that everyone at that game went out and purchased a ticket ('cept for the couple of thousand of comps for the G20 game), then it would be hard to believe most didn't show up.

Pachuco
07-05-2011, 06:25 PM
A couple of things I want to mention:

1. For those of you that will pay anything because you want your seats, I'll let you in on a little secret. My brother in law didn't get this CCL package last year, and he sits right beside me. I had absolutely no problems calling ticketmaster and getting his two seats so that I could bring family members. Believe me, unless you are in the south end you will have ZERO problems getting your seats after the fact. I'm taking this route this year because I have no idea whether I can go to every single game that gets packaged (and you know it will be packaged).

2. Another thing to keep in mind here is these games are always during the week. It makes it next to impossible (actually it's IMPOSSIBLE) to sell these tickets if you can't go. These are weekday games and some of these games could end up being useless as I think the Arabe Unido game was last year.

For these two reasons, there is no way TFC could even pay me to buy this package they are for sure going to propose. I'm done with taking it up the ass for these worthless tickets. I'll go if I can make it and if I feel like it when the time comes. Buying these tickets ahead of time as I've learned is throwing money away for no reason.

LittleOzzy
07-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Doubt it. GolTV usually gets the Champions League games since 2009

What a great way to grow the brand :facepalm:

kodiakTFC
07-05-2011, 06:43 PM
What a great way to grow the brand :facepalm:

Yeah I agree. They should try to sell it to the score at least.

LittleOzzy
07-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Yeah I agree. They should try to sell it to the score at least.

Sportsnet should pick it up. The show the NCC, why not show the games that happen after winning it?

ElvistheEvilScotsman
07-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Sportsnet should pick it up. The show the NCC, why not show the games that happen after winning it?

Last year it was on Gol TV. Hopefully not as I'd rather not eat crow to spark up my subscription again.

DangerRed
07-06-2011, 12:28 PM

These weren't sold out last year either, and there were plenty of scalpers. I really don't have any idea why anyone in their right mind would buy a package so they can sit in their own seats. I understand you love them, but you can go game-by-game with Ticketmaster and still get your own, or better yet, buy something cheap and just move to whatever seat you want during the game.

TorontoBlades
07-06-2011, 01:25 PM

After what? a 30% increase this year...that's still a 15% and a 13% increase over two years...borderline if not unethical

menefreghista
07-06-2011, 01:29 PM
After what? a 30% increase this year...that's still a 15% and a 13% increase over two years...borderline if not unethical

Ya, the price freeze is a bit of joke. So after essentially doubling the prices from season one, they are rewarding us with a price freeze.

Even with a 'price freeze' the price goes up because the home opener probably won't be 'free' again.

And if they add another league home game with Montreal coming in that's another reason to raise the overall price.

So in the end a price freeze isn't always a price freeze.

kodiakTFC
07-06-2011, 01:51 PM
You know, I would understand if just the supporters and light greys went up because tickets there are still a fantastic deal at under $21 a game. Increasing the all ready way overpriced tickets just blows my mind, why are people paying that kind of money for such a weak product.

nfitz
07-06-2011, 02:02 PM
After what? a 30% increase this year...that's still a 15% and a 13% increase over two years...borderline if not unethical30% ... the biggest increase was in supporters, and it was only 11.8% there. It was 11% in light-grey and 3% or less in the other sections.

Less even if you include account for the first-game free ...

I don't agree with the price increases ... but I don't see the need to exagerate.

The reason the price increased seemed higher initially, is the increase from the 18-game package to the 22-game package.

Unethical?

DangerRed
07-06-2011, 02:31 PM
You know, I would understand if just the supporters and light greys went up because tickets there are still a fantastic deal at under $21 a game. Increasing the all ready way overpriced tickets just blows my mind, why are people paying that kind of money for such a weak product.

Huh? Light greys are $750 per seat, dude. You think that's a fantastic deal? Because my wallet would beg to differ.

menefreghista
07-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Huh? Light greys are $750 per seat, dude. You think that's a fantastic deal? Because my wallet would beg to differ.

That number seems high? South end seasons were $376 per seat this year. Isn't light grey the next level up?

Pachuco
07-06-2011, 02:42 PM
30% ... the biggest increase was in supporters, and it was only 11.8% there. It was 11% in light-grey and 3% or less in the other sections.

Less even if you include account for the first-game free ...

I don't agree with the price increases ... but I don't see the need to exagerate.

The reason the price increased seemed higher initially, is the increase from the 18-game package to the 22-game package.

Unethical?

We also lost the concacaf game that used to be free. So I remember doing the math taking everything into consideration and the results came out to somewhere in the middle of what you are saying and what he is saying. If you calculate price/per game which is the only way to calculate it properly then yes, it's borderline unethical how much the prices have gone up.

menefreghista
07-06-2011, 02:47 PM
30% ... the biggest increase was in supporters, and it was only 11.8% there. It was 11% in light-grey and 3% or less in the other sections.

The original plan was an over 30% increase, based on overall package price.

It wasn't until the multiple changes did it lower to a 15% increase in overall package price.

A lot of people aren't going to pull out their calculator and find out what the increase is in cost/game.

Unethical?

I think the way the MLS Cup tickets were handled was definitely unethical.

nfitz
07-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Huh? Light greys are $750 per seat, dude. You think that's a fantastic deal? Because my wallet would beg to differ.Someone must have screwed you ... renewals in light-grey were $416 per seat!

Auzzy
07-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Mid-greys are $750 per seat this year, for a new season ticket holder. That's what I have. A bit cheaper for renewals. Light greys are less as mentiond.

nfitz
07-06-2011, 02:51 PM
A lot of people aren't going to pull out their calculator and find out what the increase is in cost/game.Indeed ... there is one born every minute. However they shouldn't be out there pulling out their calculator and proclaiming that ticket prices went up 30% last year, which is clearly not true.

So if you want to play the package game, instead of the actual price increase ... with no MLS cup next year ... and no signs of a friendly, the 19-game Supporters section ticket would drop from $416 last season ($437 for those that didn't take the one game free renewal) to $399. Are we going to all complain at the price decrease?

menefreghista
07-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Indeed ... there is one born every minute. However they shouldn't be out there pulling out their calculator and proclaiming that ticket prices went up 30% last year, which is clearly not true.

So if you want to play the package game, instead of the actual price increase ... with no MLS cup next year ... and no signs of a friendly, the 19-game Supporters section ticket would drop from $416 last season ($437 for those that didn't take the one game free renewal) to $399. Are we going to all complain at the price decrease?

It has nothing to do with being a sucker. $433 is a lot more than $323 from the season before. The club was so arrogant they though nobody would care.

South end tickets are $376 this year (that includes MLS Cup)

I think the 2012 package will most likely be 20 games (18 MLS games + 2 NCC games). So that would be $380.

flatpicker
07-06-2011, 03:11 PM
So, it's $19 for my light grey seats.
Could be worse I suppose.

Velvet Elvis
07-06-2011, 03:12 PM
$17 for Supporters section ...

flatpicker
07-06-2011, 03:12 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/Screenshot2011-07-06at41041PM.png

flatpicker
07-06-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm actually surprised they didn't bundle this with possible group stage games.

I think they still could have gone cheaper with this game,
Like cheap enough to fill seats and get lot's of people interested in the possibility of Champions League games.

Carts
07-06-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm actually surprised they didn't bundle this with possible group stage games.

I'm VERY PLEASED these are not grouped together...

I find the price EXTREMELY FAIR...

Technorgasm
07-06-2011, 03:17 PM
If you cant pay 20 freakin BONES to see TFC in CCL action then get fucked.

summer mid week action.
arguably better opposition and international competition and coverage.

flatpicker
07-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Well, I'm out of town for that game anyway.
So at least I don't have to commit to these tickets in order to get group stage tix.

kodiakTFC
07-06-2011, 03:22 PM
damn it, only lets me buy my tickets, going to have to call in.

menefreghista
07-06-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm pleasantly surprised that they actually made them lower than what we pay for MLS regular season games.

gcolacci
07-06-2011, 03:37 PM
I am not sure how anyone can complain at those packages.

These prices are extreamly fair.

Buy your tickets and come to the game.

kodiakTFC
07-06-2011, 03:38 PM
okay your only allowed your seats. If someone isn't going can you give me your pair in the supporters section (preferably 112-114) and i'll emt you the money?

mdc 77
07-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Pricing is good on the low end, only thing I would have changed is the midrange and high end tickets increase too much. No way they sell thousands of seats for $40 and up...thats 3/4 of the stadium priced at over $40. I think we'll see 12,000 for this match.

I'd like to see them really get on promotion for this match, I think that's been lacking for the NCC matches and CCL.

Nuvinho
07-06-2011, 03:45 PM
4 of my 6 seats are in the $44/per seat range, the other 2 in supporters. Since I normally sell the tickets to friends (which has been difficult this year), I think I am just going to buy 2 seats on game day, probably get them at a discount.

kodiakTFC
07-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Pricing is good on the low end, only thing I would have changed is the midrange and high end tickets increase too much. No way they sell thousands of seats for $40 and up...thats 3/4 of the stadium priced at over $40. I think we'll see 12,000 for this match.

I'd like to see them really get on promotion for this match, I think that's been lacking for the NCC matches and CCL.

The account exec i spoke to was confident it would be 20,000+. I laughed. Maybe they sell 10000.

rocker
07-06-2011, 04:03 PM
44/seat for my seats in dark grey. Not bad... lower than usual. No ticketmaster charges, thank the footy gods for that. Just bought 'em. I spent $100 taking my girlfriend to dinner the other night at O+B. I'll have more fun at the game. LOL.

mclaren
07-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Pricing looks reasonable but I'm predicting a tiny crowd. Can't see the regular fan splashing out on this game.

KGH
07-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Ummm...does anyone else notice that the tickets are already in their list of games and they've been invoiced? It now says I have an outstanding balance yet I haven't decided if I want to go or not.

kodiakTFC
07-06-2011, 04:11 PM
They do have two things going for them, the new DPs are available and we're likely going to stomp them.

Eastend
07-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Yeah, looks like $17 per seat for mine. I'll wait for the email with the conditions but I'm going either way.

Dom.

Wagner
07-06-2011, 04:21 PM
no conditions.
no other charges.
total invoice was $34 (for 2 in 115)

DangerRed
07-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Mid-greys are $750 per seat this year, for a new season ticket holder. That's what I have. A bit cheaper for renewals. Light greys are less as mentiond.

Pardon me, shoulda said mid greys (I'm in 225) are $750.

nfitz
07-06-2011, 04:54 PM
I am not sure how anyone can complain at those packages.Those (few) who did actually take these tickets in the original season ticket offer might have a few words to say! Hopefully they get a credit.

DangerRed
07-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Would go, but won't since I'll be out of town. If pricing stays this reasonable for the group stage matches (assuming we make it), I'm there.

nfitz
07-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Pardon me, shoulda said mid greys (I'm in 225) are $750.Ah, yes ... for new ticket holder. Light-grey was $475 for new ticket holders.

If we have a 19-game package it would be 646 in medium-grey next year.

habstfc
07-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Those prices are extremely fair I think. I have medium greys and usually go for $41-$51 for mls games. I think $30 is very fair for these games.

Pachuco
07-06-2011, 05:41 PM
I know everyone is happy about these prices. But this is how I value my tickets from now on. If I buy my pair of tickets for $88 and I can't go. Can I get $88 return for these tickets?

NOT a chance. This is the kind of game I can't get someone to take my tickets for free.

habstfc
07-06-2011, 05:46 PM
I know everyone is happy about these prices. But this is how I value my tickets from now on. If I buy my pair of tickets for $88 and I can't go. Can I get $88 return for these tickets?

NOT a chance. This is the kind of game I can't get someone to take my tickets for free.

I know what you're saying but I never buy tickets with that thought in my head. I bought seasons this year knowing there would be some games I couldn't make it to. I have given some to family etc. and the last 2 vancouver games I gave to fellow RPB.

gomesv
07-06-2011, 06:09 PM

I'm in same position.... I think I'll buy cheap and still be able to sit in my section..... i think reds will be empty .....but i will b there
:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Pachuco
07-06-2011, 06:13 PM
I know what you're saying but I never buy tickets with that thought in my head. I bought seasons this year knowing there would be some games I couldn't make it to. I have given some to family etc. and the last 2 vancouver games I gave to fellow RPB.

That was my mentality since I've had season tickets. I am sure I have given away over $1000 worth in tickets since then. I've given them away to my freeking barber, that's how desperate I've been to give them away. At this point I'm just not willing to do that anymore.

Auzzy
07-06-2011, 10:39 PM
So did I understand that correctly, that they are paying us anywhere between $17 and $80 to go see this game?

Blowing Bubbles
07-06-2011, 11:35 PM

Carts...

fuck this "North American sports fan" bit. Sure it plays a part, but still - Do you think people in Mexico give a fuck about the CCL? Do you think they'd rather win the CCL than their domestic league? They have plenty of exposure to tournaments.

It's one thing when you're RSL and you're 1 home game away from the CWC, but generally speaking, even knowledgeable football fans by and large don't care much for the CCL.

Fort York Redcoat
07-07-2011, 08:03 AM
fuck this "North American sports fan" bit. Sure it plays a part, but still - Do you think people in Mexico give a fuck about the CCL? Do you think they'd rather win the CCL than their domestic league? They have plenty of exposure to tournaments.

It's one thing when you're RSL and you're 1 home game away from the CWC, but generally speaking, even knowledgeable football fans by and large don't care much for the CCL.

Abso-fucking-lutely. Rather than the league? No. But that's not what we're asking to start here. Just to acknowledge the fact you will see better teams through this tournament if you win.

Pumas may field a B-squad (because they can. Unlike many MLS teams) but once they advance out of the group stage and see Barca on the horizon do you really think they'd care between 4th or 5th in the Primera?

Fort York Redcoat
07-07-2011, 08:08 AM

That's fair. It's your money but you're asking a lot. There's only one game in town you can actually charge for second hand. Otherwise it's a question of cost. Unless they're ridiculously cheap why would a casual sports fan want them?

We had it better than good for a while. That's gone. A run in this tournament would be a big step in getting it back to that.

Parkdale
07-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Just checked my account manager, and I'm not as upset as I was expecting.

$17 per seat in the South End.
$62 per seat in the High End Reds (not clubs)

I guess that's fair, but I would have loved some kind of 'goodwill gesture'

Dave67
07-07-2011, 09:11 AM
This is the type of game where the club had a chance to make a gesture and show season ticket holders that there was any extra value in having season tickets in the first place. The club failed completely.

By charging full price for the seats (as a year one ticket holder $30/seat for Mid Greys is just $2 underfull price) the club has shown me I have no value in season tickets other than the value of having the same seat and the same people around me. Beyond that there is no reason to renew anymore. No scarcity of tickets, no substantial discounts over picking up tickets game by game or on the aftermarket, no bonus games. Nothing but having the same seat and the same people.

Oldtimer
07-07-2011, 09:35 AM
fuck this "North American sports fan" bit. Sure it plays a part, but still - Do you think people in Mexico give a fuck about the CCL?

Yes they do.

MLS is an American League, and beating the Yanks is always extremely important to Mexicans.

gomesv
07-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Turns out as a STH I can purchase my tickets for $44 each for this game.....
If I turn it down the public can pick up my seats for $46 each......thanks but no thx MLSE.......$2 saving..... what a slap in the face for being a STH...

We live and learn

trane
07-07-2011, 02:54 PM

Were do you get this from. Many people who care more about the CL then the MLS. I am one. I have cared more from day one, as I always thought that making it deep into the CL and playing top Mexican teams would realy mean something.

RedsYNWA
07-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Bought 2 for 34 sold 2 for 70$ Net profit= 2 Large Beers at BMO

RedsYNWA
07-07-2011, 05:10 PM
forgot the BBQ Sandwich from Real Sports

everyone wins

jloome
07-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Were do you get this from. Many people who care more about the CL then the MLS. I am one. I have cared more from day one, as I always thought that making it deep into the CL and playing top Mexican teams would realy mean something.

Monterrey fans were all over boards before RSL. They care.

Fort York Redcoat
07-08-2011, 06:00 AM
This is the type of game where the club had a chance to make a gesture and show season ticket holders that there was any extra value in having season tickets in the first place. The club failed completely.

I don't see this the same way. This competition is continually depreciated and to "comp" it to us for shitty play in the league demotes this game as an afterthought when it's something we earned and are privileged to have the opportunity.

I get that we need to equalize the value with how much we pay for league tix but it's a separate issue to me. I want a price freeze for next year regardless because of whats happened up to this point.

You want to fight for free games? I'd fight for free pre-season games. But that's me.

Oldtimer
07-08-2011, 07:51 AM
I was very interested in seeing that SSHs in the Supporters' sections get the biggest discount ($3), while the seats in the top two price brackets get the smallest discount ($1).

It shows that ML$E is clueing in to the need for supporters, and the general price-sensitivity of the sections. Maybe we will see that reflected in renewal prices next year.

ensco
07-08-2011, 08:47 AM
I was very interested in seeing that SSHs in the Supporters' sections get the biggest discount ($3), while the seats in the top two price brackets get the smallest discount ($1).

It shows that ML$E is clueing in to the need for supporters, and the general price-sensitivity of the sections. Maybe we will see that reflected in renewal prices next year.

You think that the supporters section is the most price sensitive? I disagree. The supporters make the noise, but there are others who will fill those seats at that price point.

TFC clearly agree with you. They obviously they have corporate customers in the better seats, think they'll just renew, and don't won't to "degrade" the product in any way by dropping prices for any reason. But I think they're wrong. The people in the better seats aren't the ACC lawyers and bankers. The TFC fan in the reds may use the tickets for business, but they pay for the seats themselves. imho these people will just skip the step of complaining, and evaporate in droves.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Roogsy
07-08-2011, 09:10 AM
You think that the supporters section is the most price sensitive? I disagree. The supporters make the noise, but there are others who will fill those seats at that price point.

TFC clearly agree with you. They obviously they have corporate customers in the better seats, think they'll just renew, and don't won't to "degrade" the product in any way by dropping prices for any reason. But I think they're wrong. The people in the better seats aren't the ACC lawyers and bankers. The TFC fan in the reds may use the tickets for business, but they pay for the seats themselves. imho these people will just skip the step of complaining, and evaporate in droves.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I absolutely agree. The supporters are definitely the squeaky wheel and so they get the grease. But I think you have it spot on that the more expensive seats aren't as "whiney" and so TFC fails to pay attention to their disatisfaction. I have friends that dropped Reds and Dark Greys. They didn't wear green. They never sang to begin with. But they definitely didn't renew. And since these seats cost 4 to 5 times what the supporter seats cost, it hurts 4 to 5 times more to the bottom line.

It only reinforces my belief that their FO have no idea what they're doing. Their strategy should be one where all fans, in every part of the stadium, are satisfied enough to continue supporting the team financially. Instead they have a strategy where they're keeping their cheapest customers barely satisfied and they're ignoring their best paying customers.

And I can say this from first-hand experience since I dropped Dark Greys this year.

gomesv
07-08-2011, 10:01 AM
I absolutely agree. The supporters are definitely the squeaky wheel and so they get the grease. But I think you have it spot on that the more expensive seats aren't as "whiney" and so TFC fails to pay attention to their disatisfaction. I have friends that dropped Reds and Dark Greys. They didn't wear green. They never sang to begin with. But they definitely didn't renew. And since these seats cost 4 to 5 times what the supporter seats cost, it hurts 4 to 5 times more to the bottom line.

It only reinforces my belief that their FO have no idea what they're doing. Their strategy should be one where all fans, in every part of the stadium, are satisfied enough to continue supporting the team financially. Instead they have a strategy where they're keeping their cheapest customers barely satisfied and they're ignoring their best paying customers.

And I can say this from first-hand experience since I dropped Dark Greys this year.

Im in dark greys, its not so much the price point of $44, its the fact that the public sale for these are $46 .......im worth $2 to ML$E as a STH.......they obviously see no value in their ticket holders... Ill still be sitting in my section because Ill bet you its going to be empty, but ill just buy a cheaper ticket....

DangerRed
07-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Im in dark greys, its not so much the price point of $44, its the fact that the public sale for these are $46 .......im worth $2 to ML$E as a STH.......they obviously see no value in their ticket holders... Ill still be sitting in my section because Ill bet you its going to be empty, but ill just buy a cheaper ticket....

Feel the same way. Am in medium greys as an STH. I said initially the prices were fair, but I've only now seen the general public prices.

They want me to pay $30, as opposed to the general public price of $31, if I'm reading that correctly. Nice. I'm worth a dollar per seat, of which I have three.

That's a huge slap in the face for what we've paid and what the club/FO have delivered.

Dave67
07-08-2011, 01:10 PM
I don't see this the same way. This competition is continually depreciated and to "comp" it to us for shitty play in the league demotes this game as an afterthought when it's something we earned and are privileged to have the opportunity.

I get that we need to equalize the value with how much we pay for league tix but it's a separate issue to me. I want a price freeze for next year regardless because of whats happened up to this point.

You want to fight for free games? I'd fight for free pre-season games. But that's me.

I place value in this tournament. My complaint is lack of value in the season tickets. This is the first game since the town hall where the club has had a chance to show they learned something from the town hall.

Attempting to sell this game at essentially full price tells me the club learned fuck all in the town hall. I expect we will recieve a price freeze for 2012 and nothing else. About 70% of the stadium is hugely overpriced at the moment.

I look forward to this offseasons town hall. Can't wait to hear Tom spin this next season ticket package.*

* Excluding those of you in the lower 2 price brackets of STH at BMO the rest of us are getting poor value on season tickets. I suspect a hell of a lot more people are going to hop on the last minute cheaper ticket express next year. Time will tell.

ManUtd4ever
07-08-2011, 01:21 PM
I place value in this tournament. My complaint is lack of value in the season tickets. This is the first game since the town hall where the club has had a chance to show they learned something from the town hall.

Attempting to sell this game at essentially full price tells me the club learned fuck all in the town hall. I expect we will recieve a price freeze for 2012 and nothing else. About 70% of the stadium is hugely overpriced at the moment.

I look forward to this offseasons town hall. Can't wait to hear Tom spin this next season ticket package.*

* Excluding those of you in the lower 2 price brackets of STH at BMO the rest of us are getting poor value on season tickets. I suspect a hell of a lot more people are going to hop on the last minute cheaper ticket express next year. Time will tell.

Absolutely. If I wasn't in my section, I'm not sure I would have been willing to put up with the annual price increases. At the moment, I can easily justify paying a cost average of $20.00 per match, but if I was paying an average of $50.00 - $70.00, it would be difficult to justify renewing season tickets next year, regardless of TFC's performance on the pitch.

jazzy
07-08-2011, 05:41 PM

we're in light greys and completely agree......sympathize, thats why I can't help thinking if everyone wants economical pricing then can't see how they don't try to raise "cheaper seat" pricing, and lower higher end seats....interesting dilemma...we too have a $ limit.

Alonso
07-08-2011, 07:09 PM

Yup.

If prices dont drop substantially like the Raptors season tickets, I'm not renewing my reds next year. Not worth it for so many different reasons that I could spend and hour typing out but its so not worth it that I won't even do that.

ag futbol
07-08-2011, 07:35 PM
I'll bet dollars to donuts TFC pushes the panic button and starts unloading tickets through the back-channels.

Whatever isn't selling is going to show up on travel zoo, eservus, etc....

pdogg
07-09-2011, 12:42 AM
Feel the same way. Am in medium greys as an STH. I said initially the prices were fair, but I've only now seen the general public prices.

They want me to pay $30, as opposed to the general public price of $31, if I'm reading that correctly. Nice. I'm worth a dollar per seat, of which I have three.

That's a huge slap in the face for what we've paid and what the club/FO have delivered.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but I see three prices for medium greys:

Season Ticket Holder : $30
Waiting List : $31
General Public : $36

Now, granted it's fairly easy to get on the waiting list, but they are giving you a much larger discount than the $1 everyone is throwing around. And all of which is down from the usual $41 ticket price.

james
07-09-2011, 03:44 AM
wow MLSE jsut keeps suprising me, i really thot tickets would be cheapper for this game. $17 in south end, ok fair enough...but in the other sections nothing should be more then $30 or $40 for this game. Its a qualifyer against a very small team most people never herd of and on weekday game with only 3 weeks to sell it. People are not going to be jumping at it to buy $50,$60,$70 tickets its rediculous. Southend will be full, side ends are gonna be pretty much empty is my guess.

Im pretty convinced now that MLSE will not be lowerring ticekts for next season either after seeing this, they just dont seem to see there overpriced tickets in many sections.

gomesv
07-09-2011, 06:20 AM

Now, granted it's fairly easy to get on the waiting list, but they are giving you a much larger discount than the $1 everyone is throwing around. And all of which is down from the usual $41 ticket price.

Sorry pal you got this one wrong, sure the ticket price is below regular value, but the spread between the STH price and the other prices are ridiculous...its a joke and an insult........like you said if you have a computer and about a minutes time you can be on this famous waiting list

not good enough for me :nono:

pdogg
07-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Sorry pal you got this one wrong, sure the ticket price is below regular value, but the spread between the STH price and the other prices are ridiculous...its a joke and an insult........like you said if you have a computer and about a minutes time you can be on this famous waiting list

not good enough for me :nono:

I'm not sure what I've got wrong, is it the ticket prices? You're getting a 20% discount over what the general public is going to be paying in Medium Grey - what would be an acceptable level for you?

If you look at the different sections, comparing the general public to STH prices - they've discounted it most for the supporters sections

Yellow - 29%
L Grey - 27%
M Grey - 17%
L Blue - 11%
D Gray - 19%
D Blue - 15%
Red - 11%

I'm not sure what kind of discount people were expecting, but given that in most of the CCL games last year there was very few people in D Gray and Red (almost nothing in blues), they're handing out 20-41% discounts on your tickets.

As for the waiting list - who knows how that was handled. Maybe you had to be on the list as of a certain date, maybe they're allowing anyone to get on it. But at least it gives those who have expressed some interest (as little as it might be) in TFC to take part and get them out to the game. I'd imagine walk-ups and general public sales are going to be minimal.

Dave67
07-09-2011, 08:56 AM

I see your point. Based on the face value on tickets in lower 110 the $30 price is a large discount. Based on the $32 first year STH pay it is a small discount.

But you are right, over the face value it is a larger discount. Of course the real value remains to be seen. In the aftermarket I have been lucky if I can get $32 for my tickets.

This game could be empty or packed with a large walk up crowd based on weather.

canadian_bhoy
07-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Why would they be free? Once we won, I knew the announcement would go out the next day. The only free game promised was the league game this year in our seasons package. They're not going to give us 2 free games.

Why is it reasonable to package a definite game with games we haven't qualified for?

I dint know where this BS 'we'll pay you back if we don't qualify' crap became acceptable, but for me, I'm only paying for real games, not maybes

swiss76
07-09-2011, 09:10 AM
hell i would pay 17 bucks any day of the week...but mine are 44 each and no way in hell i pay that for this game.....i understand supporters get the best deals but i am a supporter as well and would like mine that cheap.. oh well i guess my seats will be empty and i will buy them off scalpers again!

pdogg
07-09-2011, 09:31 AM
I agree swiss76, the dark greys, blues and reds have always been overpriced. I was in dark greys for 3 years and finally was able to switch to light greys for this season. It is much easier for me to sell/giveaway the tickets or if there is no takers, I don't feel as bad taking the hit - it doesn't cost me $100+ to miss the game anymore.

I've wondered a few times this year that with all the people dropping season tickets and then showing up on game day, or buying single games here and there, if the scalpers are hurting as bad as we might think they are.

pdogg
07-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Why is it reasonable to package a definite game with games we haven't qualified for?

I dint know where this BS 'we'll pay you back if we don't qualify' crap became acceptable, but for me, I'm only paying for real games, not maybes

I wouldn't mind an option when renewing the season tickets to opt-in to other games, to be charged to my account at a later date. Those that want CCL Qualifiers... check. CCL group stage... check. playoffs... check. You get the idea. No need to charge us up front for these games that might not happen, but allow us to opt-in to them if they do and not worry about this hassle. They post the prices at renewal time so there are no surprises and voila, the ticket reps can actually work on getting people into the unsold seats.

tfc2008
07-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Absolutely. If I wasn't in my section, I'm not sure I would have been willing to put up with the annual price increases. At the moment, I can easily justify paying a cost average of $20.00 per match, but if I was paying an average of $50.00 - $70.00, it would be difficult to justify renewing season tickets next year, regardless of TFC's performance on the pitch.

Wat you guys crying,everyone know this year we needed to have patients with rebuilding the team .

prizby
07-09-2011, 11:52 AM
first off...its good to see it discounted...last year it was the same as a regular mls game.

second off...its good to see it discounted (from a reg mls game)...

third off...im going to guess that maybe, just maybe, mlse count this game as hey we are going to get a little extra revenue

fourthly...should have been:

Yellow - $10
L Grey - $15
M Grey - $20
L Blue - $25
D Gray - $30
D Blue - $35
Red - $40
Club - $50

be thankful that you get the extra game and you still getting the concessions

tiberius
07-09-2011, 12:11 PM
I don't see this the same way. This competition is continually depreciated and to "comp" it to us for shitty play in the league demotes this game as an afterthought when it's something we earned and are privileged to have the opportunity...

They don't need to comp, but at $2 off a ticket... come on - 1/2 price would have had this board buzzing that the FO has seen the light! Once again a brilliant (and cheap) opportunity to show supporter and fan appreciation has passed the FO by... still a bunch of obvious and oblivious dolts. They prefer an empty stadium...

Lets not allow our egos inflate the value of this game - we backed into it through a thunderstorm, a fortunate referee call in the 63rd minute and by beating the newest and worst team in the league. I was as happy as anyone that we won, but if I can't give away the tickets, that tells you the true value of this upcoming game for anybody living in the real world...

Why do we or should we fight for free games??? Vancouver fans are seeing the FA cup champs Manchester City for FREEEEEEEEEEEEE. The list is long the last few years of MLS Season ticket holders seeing big name teams for FREEEEEEEEEE. Fans of other teams don't have to fight because.... wait for it ..... THEY ARE APPRECIATED! AND THEIR CLUB SHOWS IT!!!

Once again the FO is trying to fleece the fans, the supporters and the Season Ticket Holders. Fortunately, everyone has a choice. Just because they didn't charge Real Madrid pricing does not make this a good deal - by any stretch of the imagination.

Does anyone actually think that the FO has "got it" on this issue or any fan based issue?? Please speak up, because I just don't see how they are making progress on the "fan" issues.

You won't catch me paying these prices, to go to that game - if I am not appreciated then FO FO.

Blizzard
07-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Why do we or should we fight for free games??? Vancouver fans are seeing the FA cup champs Manchester City for FREEEEEEEEEEEEE.

No, they're not. The cost of the Whitecaps staging this match (or an approximately equivalent match) would have been factored into the club's gross revenue plan. The STH of the Whitecaps paid for this match when they paid for their season ticket. They just didn't know it.

Sure, it was a pleasant surprise but let's not confuse that with the Whitecaps deciding to rip $350-500k out of their budget out of the goodness of their hearts just to reward their supporters.

It just is not the case. It was budgeted from day one. The only thing the club didn't know was just who their opponent would be.

pdogg
07-09-2011, 01:49 PM
third off...im going to guess that maybe, just maybe, mlse count this game as hey we are going to get a little extra revenue

Much like the playoffs and 2nd round NCC, the CCL games are all gravy to them as those games were never a 'sure thing'. It would be nice to get the game for free, but that's not the way the world works.

Yellow - $10
L Grey - $15
M Grey - $20
L Blue - $25
D Gray - $30
D Blue - $35
Red - $40
Club - $50

be thankful that you get the extra game and you still getting the concessions

The yellow STHs are already receiving a ~30% discount (against GP pricing, not regular game pricing) to get down to their current pricing. You're asking for them to price Yellows at almost 60% off and the most expensive tickets at almost half that again?

If we received that, I would stand up and cheer and run around like crazy - it would be great. I want to pay as little as possible for my seats as I can, as I'm sure everyone else does. But that's not going to happen, no one will go out of their way to discount all their tickets from 40-60% off. Being realistic, a 20% discount across the board would have been nice. Instead they did something different - they discounted heavier the areas that they were going to sell anyways (yellows and light greys) and the parts that were going to remain emptier, less.

pdogg
07-09-2011, 01:56 PM
No, they're not. The cost of the Whitecaps staging this match (or an approximately equivalent match) would have been factored into the club's gross revenue plan. The STH of the Whitecaps paid for this match when they paid for their season ticket. They just didn't know it.

Sure, it was a pleasant surprise but let's not confuse that with the Whitecaps deciding to rip $350-500k out of their budget out of the goodness of their hearts just to reward their supporters.

It just is not the case. It was budgeted from day one. The only thing the club didn't know was just who their opponent would be.

I don't remember how the tickets for friendlies were attributed by TFC in the first year - where they part of the package and you paid for the ticket - or was it included as a freebie? first year seems so long away now :)

I'd be interested to see what ticket prices would have been if you took the total STH price paid at the time and divided it by the number of MLS games. Then you turn around and say 'hey, you get two free games - that you paid for as part of your package, but we're going to spin it as free'

tiberius
07-09-2011, 02:33 PM

Well math genius, I am not confused - perhaps you are - you seem to have missed the point, in its entirety - I paid a little less than $320 per Whitecap ticket this year. Face value of tickets is $18.70 to 18.81 per game. This covers 20 games - lets call it $375 face value. I call that full value for the dollar. Have you got a better deal from TFC this year? I certainly have not... Then on top of that, in mid-April the Whitecap club tells me I have tickets to see Manchester City AT NO EXTRA CHARGE. I will call that free - if you really want to quibble - knock yourself out.

What the hell has Toronto FC EVER done for me with all the years of Season Ticket support? WHAT? ANYTHING? A very stupid White Scarf?? They MADE me buy a bunch of NO NAME FRIENDLYS AT OUTRAGEOUS PRICES??? Soak me dry to see REAL MADRID?? Forced me to buy MLS CUP tickets???

I don't care about your wacky math - get a grip on the real issue here... the fact that the Whitecaps, Seattle and a host of other teams "treat" their STH fan base right and Toronto never seems to be able to give their ripped off fans ANYTHING - this speaks volumes. This dribbly little game against Real Esteli was the FO's last possible chance to demonstrate that they have a clue about their STHs and fan base in general - it would have cost them NOTHING!!! Concessions would have paid for the cost of the game.... The FO must be praying hard that their two DP's are gonna pull a rabbit out of their arses before STH renewal time, because that is now the only thing left... What a missed opportunity!

tiberius
07-09-2011, 02:36 PM
I don't remember how the tickets for friendlies were attributed by TFC in the first year - where they part of the package and you paid for the ticket - or was it included as a freebie? first year seems so long away now :)

I'd be interested to see what ticket prices would have been if you took the total STH price paid at the time and divided it by the number of MLS games. Then you turn around and say 'hey, you get two free games - that you paid for as part of your package, but we're going to spin it as free'

We paid - they just about doubled the price for those games...

pdogg
07-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Well math genius, I am not confused - perhaps you are - you seem to have missed the point, in its entirety - I paid a little less than $320 per Whitecap ticket this year. Face value of tickets is $18.70 to 18.81 per game. This covers 20 games - lets call it $375 face value. I call that full value for the dollar. Have you got a better deal from TFC this year? I certainly have not... Then on top of that, in mid-April the Whitecap club tells me I have tickets to see Manchester City AT NO EXTRA CHARGE. I will call that free - if you really want to quibble - knock yourself out.

What the hell has Toronto FC EVER done for me with all the years of Season Ticket support? WHAT? ANYTHING? A very stupid White Scarf?? They MADE me buy a bunch of NO NAME FRIENDLYS AT OUTRAGEOUS PRICES??? Soak me dry to see REAL MADRID?? Forced me to buy MLS CUP tickets???

(I bolded the above for emphasis)

tiberious, you are correct - this year you could not get that same deal from TFC, that I don't believe anyone could deny. Judging by your ticket price - I can safely assume you are in the teal section?

If we compare year one TFC vs year one VWFC, sitting in a similar area of the field at BMO, those would be Yellows and priced at $10 ticket with 16 games played. If I remember correctly, there were two friendlies, each priced at twice that of a regular ticket for a grand total of $200 or $12.50 on average per game. Similarly, light greys would have been $200 or $15. Your greens (similar location to light greys) are $16 ticket.

What we're trying to say is that TFC could have gone the Whitecaps way and charged $12.50 a ticket and say the friendlies were free, or instead charge $10 a ticket for MLS play and $20 a ticket for friendlies. You end up in the exact same place - paying for the friendly.

Real Madrid game - well, that was poorly marketed and priced as well. Especially given the fact that there was a 'weaker' friendly we already paid for in the STH package. Same w/ MLS Cup - but we'll see how Vancouver handles that when the time comes.

tiberius
07-09-2011, 03:58 PM
(I bolded the above for emphasis)

What we're trying to say is that TFC could have gone the Whitecaps way and charged $12.50 a ticket and say the friendlies were free, or instead charge $10 a ticket for MLS play and $20 a ticket for friendlies. You end up in the exact same place - paying for the friendly.

Precisely! It is not really a math issue at all - it is perception, understanding basic marketing 101, understanding your customer. When we are forced to dole out (according to TFC pricing schedule) twice as much money to see River Platte as a regular MLS game it leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth - but who is going to argue about a "free" ticket, even if it is River Platte?

As you rightly have pointed out - it need not have cost Toronto FC a thin dime to make everyone feel a whole lot happier... Why can't the FO and Tommy A. see this?

I bet Toronto FC would have made a whole lot more money on the Real Esteli game by calling it "kids night", charge five bucks a head, give half of the tickets away in promotions and then reap in the concession dollars. This would have also helped them at season renewal time... This game could have been used to heal some wounds, instead they just try to stick the dagger deeper into our backs... unnecessarily.

What a waste...:picard:

nfitz
07-09-2011, 04:01 PM

Yellow - $10
L Grey - $15Really ... less than a CSL game?

pdogg
07-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Precisely! It is not really a math issue at all - it is perception, understanding basic marketing 101, understanding your customer. When we are forced to dole out (according to TFC pricing schedule) twice as much money to see River Platte as a regular MLS game it leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth - but who is going to argue about a "free" ticket, even if it is River Platte?

As you rightly have pointed out - it need not have cost Toronto FC a thin dime to make everyone feel a whole lot happier... Why can't the FO and Tommy A. see this?

I bet Toronto FC would have made a whole lot more money on the Real Esteli game by calling it "kids night", charge five bucks a head, give half of the tickets away in promotions and then reap in the concession dollars. This would have also helped them at season renewal time... This game could have been used to heal some wounds, instead they just try to stick the dagger deeper into our backs... unnecessarily.

What a waste...:picard:

I liked TFC's idea of looking outside the typical large UEFA teams when pulling a team for an international friendly - Benfica, River Plate, Pachuca, Independiente. I think they just dipped into that well too many times without offering a traditional big name. The perception is that they went cheap on who they were bringing in.

As for the ticket prices - yes, they could have a "kids night", they could give away tickets they could do alot of things, but again it comes right off the bottom line and given some of the expenses (grass, DPs, training centre, "free" opening game, etc..), regardless of where the money comes from, is a tough one for ownership to swallow.

If we're looking to fill the stadium, offer up cheap/free tickets to the youth soccer groups in the area after STHs and the public has had a go at it. I don't think anyone would complain about that.

tiberius
07-09-2011, 05:11 PM
As for the ticket prices - yes, they could have a "kids night", they could give away tickets they could do alot of things, but again it comes right off the bottom line and given some of the expenses (grass, DPs, training centre, "free" opening game, etc..), regardless of where the money comes from, is a tough one for ownership to swallow.

Here is the financial bottom line for the ownership to swallow:

1. there are no forced season ticket sales to help bolster the lie as to how many people actually show up at the Real Esteli game. 15000 empty seats is hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost ticket sales without out even considering the lost concession sales. They have screwed the pooch financially on the game - a missed opportunity to make money. Not only that - this is going to be like Canadian international games - more Nicaraguan fans will show up than Toronto FC fans - how is that for embarassing?

2. This is the bigger bottom line issue - Toronto FC is going to lose BIG TIME come this season ticket renewal time - the fan base feels abused and resentful (those few of us who care any more), ticket prices are way too high, a pathetic losing season, no way to get anything back from tickets you can't use, no waiting list, bad economy... need I go on? The Real Esteli game was an opportunity to sell more season tickets - give away some meaningless, not very costly tickets in order to work on stemming the tide of season ticket cancellations - create goodwill. Goodwill can be priceless... It is not about the money that they can get from the Real Esteli game - that is a pitance - it is about the big money - season ticket renewal.... the mindset of your season ticket holders... They have just demonstrated in spades, once again, that it is the same 'ol TFC FO - trying to stick it to the fan at EVERY opportunity. I predict 5,000 season ticket renewals... Tommy A and the FO are not going to change their evil ways...

ensco
07-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Tommy A and the FO are not going to change their evil ways...

These guys aren't evil. It isn't their fault that nobody is held accountable. They would be replaced by someone else who will pursue the same strategies. Corporate ownership is the evil.

tiberius
07-09-2011, 05:51 PM
These guys aren't evil. It isn't their fault that nobody is held accountable. They would be replaced by someone else who will pursue the same strategies. Corporate ownership is the evil.
I agree they are not evil - just their ways... I think other clubs have managed to have struck a better balance between corporate evil ways and fan appreciation...

ensco
07-09-2011, 06:02 PM
I probably resent being forced to pay full freight for FC Edmonton more than anything they're doing here. God that bugged me.

It's a free world. They can price the Real Esteli game wherever they want, and I can decide if it's worth it to me.

They are trapped. They couldn't drop the prices, on the off chance they can somehow maintain them in renewals, so they're resigned to an empty stadium July 27. They'll do the same if the get though to the group stage. I'd bet anyone on that.

I think the real reckoning comes the year after a dramatic falloff in renewals - I don't expect them to really change course until the 2013 season.

swiss76
07-09-2011, 06:12 PM
I probably resent being forced to pay full freight for FC Edmonton more than anything they're doing here. God that bugged me.

It's a free world. They can price the Real Esteli game wherever they want, and I can decide if it's worth it to me.

They are trapped. They couldn't drop the prices, on the off chance they can somehow maintain them in renewals, so they're resigned to an empty stadium July 27. They'll do the same if the get though to the group stage. I'd bet anyone on that.

I think the real reckoning comes the year after a dramatic falloff in renewals - I don't expect them to really change course until the 2013 season.

so true i agree with you and all accounts....full price for FC Edmonton...really....really..season renewals will drop......no question!

menefreghista
07-09-2011, 06:16 PM

I wonder if the Real Esteli pricing might become the season ticket renewal pricing? These numbers are slightly lower than the average price we paid for this seasons tickets. And there has been a lot of talk from people threatening not to renew unless there is a price drop.

tiberius
07-09-2011, 06:25 PM

That would be VERY interesting - their management and DPs are locked in through 2013... So they keep Winter all through 2012, despite a huge drop in revenue, no fans and "total" football producing another season of "total" futility... I honestly think that Tommy Anselmi would have to find and execute a scapegoat (Winter) by summer of 2012. Otherwise he risks getting booted upstairs himself...

It is hard to imagine the amount of anger and apathy that would result from a "total" football collapse in 2012 - how can it get any worse than it is today? I wonder what life would be like, after the apocalypse?

nfitz
07-09-2011, 07:14 PM
15000 empty seats is hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost ticket salesDoes anyone really believe that they'll only sell 7,000 tickets for home game in July?

Toronto FC is going to lose BIG TIME come this season ticket renewal timeThis is exactly what we heard last year ... yet despite the increase in ticket prices, and the bigger package, they sold more season tickets for 2011 than previous years.

Sure, I expect things to be a little softer ... but let's keep some perspective here. Many might be quite happy when they see the total price lower than last year.,

ensco
07-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Does anyone really believe that they'll only sell 7,000 tickets for home game in July?

This is exactly what we heard last year ... yet despite the increase in ticket prices, and the bigger package, they sold more season tickets for 2011 than previous years.

Sure, I expect things to be a little softer ... but let's keep some perspective here. Many might be quite happy when they see the total price lower than last year.,

They have zero credibility when it comes to reporting SSH numbers, or attendance, or anything else along these lines.

They alone have the data, you just have to decide for yourself what you believe based on using your own two eyes.

nfitz
07-09-2011, 08:41 PM
They have zero credibility when it comes to reporting SSH numbers, or attendance, or anything else along these lines.So? I'm relying on what I've seen with my own two eyes.

They alone have the data, you just have to decide for yourself what you believe based on using your own two eyes.Precisely. I was on Gold List last year. By the time I got there, yellow and light-grey was all but sold out. From the reports of those who got there later, medium-grey was also completely gone, and all that remained was a single here and there in red; and some of the new light-blue seats. With my own eyes, I could see that some light-blues were moving ... and more moved before the end of sales.

Evidence suggests that almost all the existing seasons tickets were sold, and they also moved some of the new light-blue seats. This would suggest that the number of season tickets sold for this season, was higher than last season, when no light-blues were sold.

gomesv
07-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Here is the financial bottom line for the ownership to swallow:

1. there are no forced season ticket sales to help bolster the lie as to how many people actually show up at the Real Esteli game. 15000 empty seats is hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost ticket sales without out even considering the lost concession sales. They have screwed the pooch financially on the game - a missed opportunity to make money. Not only that - this is going to be like Canadian international games - more Nicaraguan fans will show up than Toronto FC fans - how is that for embarassing?

2. This is the bigger bottom line issue - Toronto FC is going to lose BIG TIME come this season ticket renewal time - the fan base feels abused and resentful (those few of us who care any more), ticket prices are way too high, a pathetic losing season, no way to get anything back from tickets you can't use, no waiting list, bad economy... need I go on? The Real Esteli game was an opportunity to sell more season tickets - give away some meaningless, not very costly tickets in order to work on stemming the tide of season ticket cancellations - create goodwill. Goodwill can be priceless... It is not about the money that they can get from the Real Esteli game - that is a pitance - it is about the big money - season ticket renewal.... the mindset of your season ticket holders... They have just demonstrated in spades, once again, that it is the same 'ol TFC FO - trying to stick it to the fan at EVERY opportunity. I predict 5,000 season ticket renewals... Tommy A and the FO are not going to change their evil ways...

This... This...This....couldn't have said it better myself

pdogg
07-09-2011, 09:52 PM
They have just demonstrated in spades, once again, that it is the same 'ol TFC FO - trying to stick it to the fan at EVERY opportunity. I predict 5,000 season ticket renewals... Tommy A and the FO are not going to change their evil ways...

I'm not sure how you think that a drop of almost 30% versus what they're selling to the general public and almost 40% off the regular ticket price is trying to stick it to the fan. Even the dark-greys are getting a 30% price drop on the regular ticket price.

gomesv
07-09-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm not sure how you think that a drop of almost 30% versus what they're selling to the general public and almost 40% off the regular ticket price is trying to stick it to the fan. Even the dark-greys are getting a 30% price drop on the regular ticket price.

what regular public are you talking about....have you not realized football fans or for that matter TFC fans in this city consist of SG and STH......that's it.......soooooooooooo better treat those fans better. That being said don't forget the 'waiting list people" if there are any...pay what $1 maybee $2 more than me......its a joke pure and simple.:rolleyes:

They are losing their market and the sad thing is WE all lose because WE want to be a part of this, whatever this is.

pdogg
07-09-2011, 10:50 PM
what regular public are you talking about....have you not realized football fans or for that matter TFC fans in this city consist of SG and STH......that's it.......soooooooooooo better treat those fans better. That being said don't forget the 'waiting list people" if there are any...pay what $1 maybee $2 more than me......its a joke pure and simple.:rolleyes:

They are losing their market and the sad thing is WE all lose because WE want to be a part of this, whatever this is.

Go to the TFC website. Look at the prices the STH are paying for the CCL game. Look at the prices that someone who is not a STH/Waiting List is paying for the CCL game. It can't be any clearer.

LittleOzzy
07-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Looks like the first game will be on Sportsnet which is just awesome for the growth of the game and the brand TFC. No word yet on the second game, they are likely trying to secure a local feed so they don't actually have to send anyone.

james
07-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Much like the playoffs and 2nd round NCC, the CCL games are all gravy to them as those games were never a 'sure thing'. It would be nice to get the game for free, but that's not the way the world works.

The yellow STHs are already receiving a ~30% discount (against GP pricing, not regular game pricing) to get down to their current pricing. You're asking for them to price Yellows at almost 60% off and the most expensive tickets at almost half that again?

If we received that, I would stand up and cheer and run around like crazy - it would be great. I want to pay as little as possible for my seats as I can, as I'm sure everyone else does. But that's not going to happen, no one will go out of their way to discount all their tickets from 40-60% off. Being realistic, a 20% discount across the board would have been nice. Instead they did something different - they discounted heavier the areas that they were going to sell anyways (yellows and light greys) and the parts that were going to remain emptier, less.

i went to a carling cup game this year at west ham vs Burnley, tickets that were normally 35 pounds for a premiership game were being sold for 15pounds, 15 POUNDS FOR THE ENTIRE STADIUM infact! I do not see why TFC couldnt do the same by marking down prices of 50% or more.

pdogg
07-10-2011, 08:32 PM
i went to a carling cup game this year at west ham vs Burnley, tickets that were normally 35 pounds for a premiership game were being sold for 15pounds, 15 POUNDS FOR THE ENTIRE STADIUM infact! I do not see why TFC couldnt do the same by marking down prices of 50% or more.

I hope you enjoyed that game - I've wanted to poke across the way and check a game abroad for a while.

I know I'm going to get beaten down for this comment - but it is the truth even if it's a scapegoat used by the FO. The economics of soccer ticket pricing in Toronto is very different than that across the pond. In smaller cities in Europe there is a thriving soccer community where they can go out and cheer on their local team for far less than a Premier/Championship team. In Toronto we have MLS and CSL. Judging by the numbers showing up at CSL games, people aren't even willing to pay the measly $10 to see it.

The FO knows this and takes advantage of it, pricing the TFC tickets similar to all other top-flight sports games in Toronto. They won't lose fans to other soccer leagues, only other sports - where they are the owners on all of them except Argos & Jays. For all the maliciousness that we throw at MLSE, David Braley (Argos) and Rogers are pricing their tickets in the same range.

If we want to put serious pressure on the FO, show them that there is competition for footie $$ in Toronto and support the local teams. Forget the protests, forget not buying concessions. Give the money you would have spent on TFC to your local club. If you don't think CSL is worth the money, than that's another issue entirely.

Fort York Redcoat
07-12-2011, 09:17 AM
I do not believe that a free preliminary CCL match would have done near enough goodwill for those demanding free stuff.

It just proves how little some people see in this tournaments potential. My point was always that season tickets is a different issue and should stay that way.

People don't want to be forced to go see games in their seasons package. It carries on to people on the whole won't appreciate a comped game as much as a lower season ticket next year.

KGH
07-13-2011, 10:43 AM
I just was able to purchase tickets in the "pre-sale". I didn't buy my usuall SSH spots as they wanted $30 a seat for them so I was willing to wait and get more reasonable seats.

There appears to be a ton of tickets available considering I had choices in 111, 114, and 115 starting in rows 1 & 2. I imagine this is gonna be an empty house.

gomesv
07-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Posted this message in other thread earlier

I've been asking for the maximum of 8 tickets in all sections just to check on availability.......looks like there is going to be a lot of empty seats for this game........lot's of 8's in every section........

guess FO should've filled the stadium for $15bucks a pop....who new they could mess up on there price point:picard:

TFCDP
07-13-2011, 11:12 AM
It would be such a shame if it was empty for this game.. Hopefully the Supporters sections will be full at least.. I always enjoy these type of games that the casual fan doesn't seem to care about.

gomesv
07-13-2011, 11:22 AM
It would be an absolute shame....always better with a full house

Either way I'll be there :scarf:

Ossington Mental Youth
07-13-2011, 11:32 AM
when was the deadline?
I got tickets in the supporters section but i wanted them in my section (still in the south end but closer to the westside). Guess ill ring and see if htey can change em.

ryan
07-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Posted this message in other thread earlier

I've been asking for the maximum of 8 tickets in all sections just to check on availability.......looks like there is going to be a lot of empty seats for this game........lot's of 8's in every section........

guess FO should've filled the stadium for $15bucks a pop....who new they could mess up on there price point:picard:

These tickets are only available to STH right now. In 25 minutes, wait list. In 2 days or so, general public.

Not that I think it'll fill, but something to keep in mind.

gomesv
07-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Yep your right it's just that the STH base is supposed to be the easier sell

jazzy
07-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Today in travelzoo supposedly 35% off Real E. game....

http://www.travelzoo.com/ca/top20/3972138-1065474/

Ossington Mental Youth
07-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Got mine, in my section for 17

menefreghista
07-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Today in travelzoo supposedly 35% off Real E. game....

http://www.travelzoo.com/ca/top20/3972138-1065474/

Wow,

They expect demand to be so bad they went to travelzoo before the public even had their shot.

Couchy81
07-13-2011, 04:59 PM
These tickets are only available to STH right now. In 25 minutes, wait list. In 2 days or so, general public.

Not that I think it'll fill, but something to keep in mind.

General public pre-sale is tomorrow, the 14th, from 1pm-10pm. I'm not on the waitlist and I just got my email from MLSE. $20 for yellows, $22 for light greys, $4 cheaper than buying them after the pre-sale.

http://www.goltv.ca/assets/1/AssetManager/PrelimRoundPresales.pdf

SoccMan
07-14-2011, 05:41 AM
This game might be one of the lowest attended games in TFC history, I would be surprised if they get 8,000 to this game, my guess is about 5,000.

Fort York Redcoat
07-14-2011, 07:03 AM
This is making me a touch livid. I guess it's on TFC to make sure their prospective fanbase is educated or aware of the significance of this match but it doesn't give them much time to swing the boat around with marketing. How about

Come see the game before the game TFC plays Barcelona!!!

Sure, it's an outright lie but at least they'd have a good time (these games always are).

Ossington Mental Youth
07-14-2011, 07:14 AM
definitely a marketing opportunity missed.
Glad i got mine for 17 but everyone else everywhere else in the stadium should have had that option too

mastermixer
07-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Might have to write to my ticket rep about this. It's kind of insulting to know if I waited a couple of days I could have gotten a 35% discount.

Fort York Redcoat
07-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Might have to write to my ticket rep about this. It's kind of insulting to know if I waited a couple of days I could have gotten a 35% discount.

Mention the ongoing scalpers problem while your at it. I'm not sure he can do much about either but he IS paid to listen to you.

jabbronies
07-14-2011, 08:58 AM
From twitter of Paul B:

I'm told @torontofc (http://twitter.com/torontofc) will be sending out an advance window early bird offer for tix to Real Estelli Champions League match!

__wowza
07-14-2011, 09:03 AM
does anyone else think that they should be running this like a cineplex? $10 tickets, sit where you want, and make a killing on concessions.

it sounds laughable, but theatres dont make their money from ticket sales. plus people would be less likely to grab concessions and merch if they're paying upwards of $25 bucks on a ticket.

ensco
07-14-2011, 09:09 AM
They are flailing. They probably should just have given the tickets away to this one - SSHs first, with the rest going to kids team.

I don't really care, but putting it on travelzoo is the epitome of being a short-term operator. People will remember that for a loooooong time.

menefreghista
07-14-2011, 09:28 AM
They are flailing.

This appears to be the case.

They appear to have broken the cardinal sin of sports ticketing: make offers to other customers for less than the price you are selling to your season ticket holders. I didn't think they were that stupid. The advance season ticket holder sales must have been awful.

And now they are going to announce 'early bird offers' after the window for the season ticket holders ended?

I hope they are ready to start offering refunds to angry season ticket holders.

Fort York Redcoat
07-14-2011, 09:33 AM
^We'll see if these early bird offers are not just phrasing to try and appear they are discounting the non STH. They may be selling them for the "regular" ticket rate for an MLS match which they may say is less than a CCL match ticket.

menefreghista
07-14-2011, 09:39 AM
^We'll see if these early bird offers are not just phrasing to try and appear they are discounting the non STH. They may be selling them for the "regular" ticket rate for an MLS match which they may say is less than a CCL match ticket.

I just checked. The 'offer' is just the presale. Slightly higher than the STH price but below the regular price when the sale goes to the general public on ticketmaster.

The Travelzoo pricing is a different story though.

mdc 77
07-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Is the Travelzoo pricing lower that what was offered to season ticket holders for those seats?

mastermixer
07-14-2011, 09:49 AM
Is the Travelzoo pricing lower that what was offered to season ticket holders for those seats?

No, they discount off the face value of the ticket so it comes to a couple of dollars more than the STH price. It's still a little irritating that people that have put hundreds or thousands of dollars towards their season tickets only deserved a discount a couple of dollars less than a travelzoo purchase. I know I'll prob get flamed by people saying "don't go if your not happy" but it's just my opinion.

menefreghista
07-14-2011, 09:52 AM

Had to check the numbers.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/Screenshot2011-07-06at41041PM.png

http://www.travelzoo.com/ca/entertainment/-32-46-International-Club-Soccer-up-to-35-Off-1065474/?utm_source=top20_ca&utm_medium=email_top20

The Travelzoo price is actually $2 more than the SSH price. I take back my comments on TFC FO, lol.

But they are still much less than the ticketmaster prices.

No, they discount off the face value of the ticket so it comes to a couple of dollars more than the STH price. It's still a little irritating that people that have put hundreds or thousands of dollars towards their season tickets only deserved a discount a couple of dollars less than a travelzoo purchase. I know I'll prob get flamed by people saying "don't go if your not happy" but it's just my opinion.

I agree with you. But what do you expect from the people who gave us $15 loyalty pricing for the Real Madrid friendly?

Fort York Redcoat
07-14-2011, 10:00 AM
The Travelzoo price is actually $2 more than the SSH price. I take back my comments on TFC FO, lol.

But they are still much less than the ticketmaster prices.

I agree with you. But what do you expect from the people who gave us $15 loyalty pricing for the Real Madrid friendly?

So wait, are we complaining that the Travelzoo brings down the price to almost STH prices?

I just want to know because some people are saying they want to see a cheaper ticket for the entire stadium. This is doing that.