PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Price for July 27th game and CCL ?

Pages : 1 [2]

pdogg
07-14-2011, 10:00 AM
No, they discount off the face value of the ticket so it comes to a couple of dollars more than the STH price. It's still a little irritating that people that have put hundreds or thousands of dollars towards their season tickets only deserved a discount a couple of dollars less than a travelzoo purchase. I know I'll prob get flamed by people saying "don't go if your not happy" but it's just my opinion.

It's the same ticket price as anyone who would have signed up on the waiting list. If you go through Travelzoo you need to create a TorontoFC.ca profile to purchase the tickets, essentially making you part of the waiting list anyways.

Are partial pack owners included as part of the STH pricing or the waiting list pricing? I think that's the people that should be outraged if they don't get STH price. They pay more than a STH for their tickets and receive none of the benefits.

Alixir
07-14-2011, 10:07 AM
just another thing I love about my team in Japan. My season tickets buy me any game played at our stadium. Does not matter if its a league match a cup fixture or a friendly match or some random game the FO pulls out of thier ass.

Fort York Redcoat
07-14-2011, 10:10 AM
just another thing I love about my team in Japan. My season tickets buy me any game played at our stadium. Does not matter if its a league match a cup fixture or a friendly match or some random game the FO pulls out of thier ass.

That's old fashion amazing right there. Simple. Reward for commitment.

Jealooouuuuuuuuuusss.

YYZ_Fan
07-14-2011, 10:27 AM
which team in Japan let's you do that? I was at an Urawa Reds game in the fall at Saitama Stadium. $20 gets you supporters seats and THEY provide the plastic cups at the entrance so you can BYOB. Why all the supporter songs are in English is another story.

Pachuco
07-14-2011, 11:40 AM
I was very interested in seeing that SSHs in the Supporters' sections get the biggest discount ($3), while the seats in the top two price brackets get the smallest discount ($1).

It shows that ML$E is clueing in to the need for supporters, and the general price-sensitivity of the sections. Maybe we will see that reflected in renewal prices next year.

I don't understand this statement. Supporters sit everywhere in the stadium, regardless of supporter's sections. They should be discounting the expensive seats that are over-valued. Not the cheap seats that will sell at that price point regardless of the discount. In my opinion the supporter's seats need the least discount. Pretty good bang for your buck if you ask me.

Couchy81
07-14-2011, 11:53 AM
I don't understand this statement. Supporters sit everywhere in the stadium, regardless of supporter's sections. They should be discounting the expensive seats that are over-valued. Not the cheap seats that will sell at that price point regardless of the discount. In my opinion the supporter's seats need the least discount. Pretty good bang for your buck if you ask me.

That's it exactly. The 50-60+ dollar seats gotta go down in price big time to fill up the stadium.

DangerRed
07-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Just checked TM, 8 in a row in any pricing level you like. Gonna be eeeeeemp-ty, unless you're of the view that the members of the public who hasn't seen the "plata" promo code plastered on Facebook will jump on these tickets by the thousand.

In other news, the last security check phrase I was asked to enter on Ticketmaster was "ilick tattes," so at least they're having fun over there.

TFC Cityboy
07-14-2011, 12:21 PM
I had posted my suggestion before the pricing came out that TFC could go a long way towards making up with the fan base by making this match free to STHs and sell the rest at 50% or so of MLS matches, then sell the rest at $5 for kids thru the local football clubs. I also stated that MLSE would do no such thing and the stadium would be empty.

These muppets missed a great PR opportunity.

I have STs in 115 and have only ever missed 5 or 6 TFC matches at BMO Field in 5 seasons (all but one of those I was out of the country ) so if supporters such as me pass on this one, I'm guessing 7-8k max will show up.

MLSE couldn't run a piss up in a brewery, never mind a football club

Couchy81
07-14-2011, 12:26 PM
I had posted my suggestion before the pricing came out that TFC could go a long way towards making up with the fan base by making this match free to STHs and sell the rest at 50% or so of MLS matches, then sell the rest at $5 for kids thru the local football clubs. I also stated that MLSE would do no such thing and the stadium would be empty.

These muppets missed a great PR opportunity.

I have STs in 115 and have only ever missed 5 or 6 TFC matches at BMO Field in 5 seasons (all but one of those I was out of the country ) so if supporters such as me pass on this one, I'm guessing 7-8k max will show up.

MLSE couldn't run a piss up in a brewery, never mind a football club

QFT.

Also I just grabbed 4 in 115, me and my boys are gonna bring it. I still feel dirty paying Ticketmaster's BS charges though, came out to $30 a pop even with pre-sale prices of $20 per seat.

bgnewf
07-14-2011, 12:28 PM
For FC Dallas and their August qualifier every seat in the stadium is a flat $15.00 at Pizza Hut Park.

In Seattle there are three price points, of $15.00, $22.00 and a high of $30.00.

Much more reasonable don't you think than the prices that TFC is going with for an equivalent product?

I am OK with my price. $17 is a great value, but anything north of $30 is an absolute misread and gouge.

The record low attendance for matches at BMO Field involving TFC were two of the group stage matches last season with Arabe Unido and Real Salt Lake, with announced attendances of under 11,000 for each match. Predicting about 7,000-8,000 for this one.

Fort York Redcoat
07-14-2011, 12:32 PM
The record low attendance for matches at BMO Field involving TFC were two of the group stage matches last season with Arabe Unido and Real Salt Lake, with announced attendances of under 11,000 for each match. Predicting about 7,000-8,000 for this one.

Right. I forgot about that. Salt Lake hardly made a dent in the attendance difference between the two visiting CCL teams.

I guess we can euthanize the argument that it's "the lesser known teams" that are responsible for the terrible attendance.

It's the tournament itself that is unappreciated.

bgnewf
07-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Right. I forgot about that. Salt Lake hardly made a dent in the attendance difference between the two visiting CCL teams.

I guess we can euthanize the argument that it's "the lesser known teams" that are responsible for the terrible attendance.

It's the tournament itself that is unappreciated.

and they were both games outside of the season ticket packages that were perceived by a lot of fans as either being overpriced or not worthy of attending.

menefreghista
07-14-2011, 12:36 PM
It didn't help that we were already eliminated before both games too.

Ben - D.O.W.
07-14-2011, 12:39 PM
For me - it's the Wednesday games that are killing me, I love the NCC. But Vancouver two weeks ago - Wednesday, Dallas next week - Wednesday, now Real Estelli the week after - another Wednesday? I know it's a scheduling issue and we have games on the Saturdays between them (on the road, except for the 10 days we currently have off) but for people coming in from outside of the GTA midweek games suck. Especially when I don't have a Saturday/Sunday homegame between July 2 and August 13 (would have been June 18 without the Vancouver reschedule).

I know there are lots of people who don't put as much value in this tournament - seems like the FO should be doing in their power (be it pricing, when the game's played) to get people out.

Fort York Redcoat
07-14-2011, 12:52 PM
For me - it's the Wednesday games that are killing me, I love the NCC. But Vancouver two weeks ago - Wednesday, Dallas next week - Wednesday, now Real Estelli the week after - another Wednesday? I know it's a scheduling issue and we have games on the Saturdays between them (on the road, except for the 10 days we currently have off) but for people coming in from outside of the GTA midweek games suck. Especially when I don't have a Saturday/Sunday homegame between July 2 and August 13 (would have been June 18 without the Vancouver reschedule).

I know there are lots of people who don't put as much value in this tournament - seems like the FO should be doing in their power (be it pricing, when the game's played) to get people out.

Again, (and the last time I'll bring it up today) midweek is traditionally, in this sport, reserved for bigger games and as you and others have pointed out, this tournament isn't considered special enough. More the shame.

Ben - D.O.W.
07-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Again, (and the last time I'll bring it up today) midweek is traditionally, in this sport, reserved for bigger games and as you and others have pointed out, this tournament isn't considered special enough. More the shame.

Oh I know the whole league on the weekend, cup games midweek thing, I was more writing in response to your comments that not many folks care about this tournament. Just pointing out that there are others out there who do care about this tournament who still can't make it work. I'm probably just bitter I can't make it - they really should have consulted with my schedule first.

But I guess that's kind of off topic really - so back to $ talk.

LCB
07-14-2011, 01:08 PM
I may have missed it, as this is the first year I only wanted one of my two CCL tickets, but was there a way NOT to have to buy your entire allotment? I only saw basically, "Invoice for $34. Pay it or don't."

I couldn't manipulate the tickets either (forward, print, dump), until the invoice had been paid, so I'm assuming it wasn't in that area of the account manager.

gomesv
07-14-2011, 01:58 PM
I may have missed it, as this is the first year I only wanted one of my two CCL tickets, but was there a way NOT to have to buy your entire allotment? I only saw basically, "Invoice for $34. Pay it or don't."

I couldn't manipulate the tickets either (forward, print, dump), until the invoice had been paid, so I'm assuming it wasn't in that area of the account manager.

should of called your rep, he would have done it for you

Whoop
07-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Latest research, though it is American, it's pertinent.

mintelnews (http://twitter.com/#%21/mintelnews) Mintel Research News

Tuning in for the #WorldCup (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23WorldCup)? 63% of US sports fans would rather watch sports from the comfort of their home than attend a game in person.

james
07-16-2011, 04:52 PM
i herd we have the highest price tickets for champions league games!

Limani_Ole
07-18-2011, 04:31 PM
That's old fashion amazing right there. Simple. Reward for commitment.

Jealooouuuuuuuuuusss.

Olympiakos does the same.. only in the rare occasion when they advance from the CL group stage will you have to pay for a seat..