PDA

View Full Version : Screw Evening Games

boban
07-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Damn I miss afternoon games.
TFC get rid of the evening games.
I a few on here like them but you need to rethink your priorities.

Sun, beer and some serious hotties in shorts shorts.
Fuck the women come out on afternoons. Need more of this.

:hump:

prizby
07-02-2011, 04:37 PM
prefer the evening games...my voice lasts longer in less heat

flatpicker
07-02-2011, 04:42 PM
I still prefer night matches...
But I agree, the girls in summer clothes are nice too.

habstfc
07-02-2011, 05:53 PM
If the game was tonight there'd still be plenty of scantilly clad women. I like night games better.

Couchy81
07-02-2011, 06:01 PM
I don't rely on football for pussy

boban
07-02-2011, 06:02 PM
If the game was tonight there'd still be plenty of scantilly clad women. I like night games better.
like hell there would be. Lots of hottie don't show up because they would rather go out on Sat. night.
Also, nights are cooler. They dress down a lot more in the day.
And besides soccer was made to be played in the day.

flatpicker
07-02-2011, 06:06 PM
And besides soccer was made to be played in the day.

Sure... before electricity.

boban
07-02-2011, 06:19 PM
all of Europe play in the day saves for a select match or two for game of the week tv promos.

BeachFC
07-02-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm gonna back boban on this one. I prefer afternoon games. Eye candy is better. Better/longer post victory parties, and more time to drown sorrows after losses.

james
07-02-2011, 06:51 PM
some day games are ok, but 3 or 4pm, not 12:30 thats to early as i got wasted last night and ended up waking up at 12, missed the dam game!

rocker
07-02-2011, 06:51 PM
night games are best.

boomcha
07-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Night games are the best. You can do family stuff(read wife not giving you the gears for not hanging out with the kids)/do work around the house/run errands, etc during the day and the head off to the game with your buddies and the drink into the night celebrating a win or lamenting a loss/tie. The "scenery" is nice at night or during the day so that point is moot.

Parkdale
07-02-2011, 07:27 PM
both have upsides and downsides.

I think what we need is variety. This is clearly a 'grass is greener' situation, mostly because we're 'night game heavy' this year and weren't in the past.

markus
07-02-2011, 07:30 PM
...night games during summer, yes! but not in april or may!...

Chevy
07-02-2011, 08:00 PM
night games are best.

+1. You will never have a Dora The Explorer doll thrown around by a bunch of drunk, rowdy supporters during a day gam. :)

SilverSamurai
07-02-2011, 08:06 PM
all of Europe play in the day saves for a select match or two for game of the week tv promos.
We're not Europe. Somethings don't need to be done just because "Europe" does.

WHy not have 2 seasons too while we're at it...The Latin American countries do it. (never understood that one personally)

SilverSamurai
07-02-2011, 08:08 PM
+1. You will never have a Dora The Explorer doll thrown around by a bunch of drunk, rowdy supporters during a day gam. :)
LOL!
Pics!:flare:

David_Oliveira
07-02-2011, 08:11 PM
There was quite a lot of scenery on wednesday night. Scenery is scenery. Its always there if you know where to look. I wish it was a healthy mix of both just no 12:30 games. Its the middle of the day and the sun is shining at its brightest

Whoop
07-02-2011, 08:14 PM
...night games during summer, yes! but not in april or may!...

Summer evening games are the best....

habstfc
07-02-2011, 08:36 PM
I don't rely on football for pussy

Post of the century. If you want to look at "pussy" go to a titty bar.

Parkdale
07-02-2011, 08:50 PM
I also prefer night games. That is why I didn't go to this game today.

:facepalm:

skipping the cup final because it was an afternoon game instead of an evening one? Really? No REALLY?

RedsYNWA
07-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Any Game days when we win I like

Red CB Toronto
07-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I like the vibe of an evening game, especially when it is a nice summer evening with a nice breeze coming off the lake.

I could not be at BMO unfortunately today due to a family weekend in the country, but there is the good and the bad with either timeframe, heck even the difference of a 7:00 and 7:30 start has caused some great discussion which I do undertand with the GO sked and all.

QSIM
07-02-2011, 09:04 PM

That's got to be the most lame/odd/pathetic excuse on earth. It's a cup final, if the Reds are playing at 4am - I'm there. But don't worry you didn't miss anything special today.

Hustle
07-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Post of the century. If you want to look at "pussy" go to a titty bar.

Yes. Lets go right now! First beers on me because you two guys sound like you need to get laid :D

I am with Boban on this one...warm day, cold beer, eye candy and a footy match...nothing better in the summer!

WE WON! WOOT!

Azerban
07-03-2011, 08:49 AM

i don't feel like enough people pointed out just how bad your post is

it's pretty bad, condolences rip your bad post

tfcleeds
07-03-2011, 08:55 AM
I personally love afternoon games in the summer. Sun is shining, a couple of ice cold beers (and yes, the eye candy as mentioned is a bonus) - no better way to watch football. And it frees up the evening to do other stuff.

And I sincerely hope that spe18 was joking.

Cashcleaner
07-03-2011, 09:15 AM
For an out-of-towner, evening games are the easiest to attend. Also, the ambience is just a bit better.

AL-MO
07-03-2011, 09:33 AM
both have upsides and downsides.

I think what we need is variety. This is clearly a 'grass is greener' situation, mostly because we're 'night game heavy' this year and weren't in the past.

I've always liked a mix myself.

Nomad
07-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Damn I miss afternoon games.
TFC get rid of the evening games.
I a few on here like them but you need to rethink your priorities.

Sun, beer and some serious hotties in shorts shorts.
Fuck the women come out on afternoons. Need more of this.

:hump:

That's just crazy talk.

geordie77
07-03-2011, 09:45 AM
The Canadian Junior Hockey League does well with Friday night games, would it work in Toronto? is it the MLS that wants Saturday night games or the TV networks? I would prefer Friday nights as its a great way to start the weekend & it allows me time with the family on weekends, a perfect balance for me.
cheers
good atmosphere yesterday & it gives us hope for the rest of the season.

NoNameboys
07-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Just what i want. Standing in the blazing sun, de-hydrated, no energy, so i can look at some girls in short shorts, who are there with their drunk boyfriends, and think its cool to be at a TFC game.
I could be on a patio under an umbrella, with a frosty pint in hand watching them go by on college st. if i wanted to see that.
Leave night games alone. All the games should be played at night. Especially from May to end of season.

Keyman
07-03-2011, 10:20 AM
I enjoy morning games the most

flatpicker
07-03-2011, 10:21 AM
I enjoy morning games the most

I agree... 8am games are best.

Whoop
07-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Nah... I want some of those 12 a.m. matches that Barcelona plays.

Then you can go hit some after hours clubs...

KezmanCCCC
07-03-2011, 11:50 AM
i prefer matches to be at like 4pm.... afternoon games are the best.... evening games should be for midweek only.... NCC, champions leauge etc....

ExiledRed
07-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Just what i want. Standing in the blazing sun, de-hydrated, no energy, so i can look at some girls in short shorts, who are there with their drunk boyfriends, and think its cool to be at a TFC game.
I could be on a patio under an umbrella, with a frosty pint in hand watching them go by on college st. if i wanted to see that.
Leave night games alone. All the games should be played at night. Especially from May to end of season.

GO fucking get em, mike!

I agree, day games in the summer get unbearable while there's no roof, the crowd wilts and the games slow down.

Best atmospheres weve ever had have been at night, and the chicks are still hot.

cmonyoureds
07-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Night games or at least 4 o'clock kick offs. helps those of us with jobs that require saturday hours.

If you want ladies, go to one of those joints that, believe it or not will actually charge less than BMO for their beers! You'll save money and not have to be bothered with a pesky football match distracting you.

With a Saturday late afternoon or evening I can kick out an hour/ couple hours early or do a full day with a later kick off. I run out of vacation and "sick" days too quickly when it's a 12:30 or 1.

Whoop
07-03-2011, 12:01 PM
GO fucking get em, mike!

I agree, day games in the summer get unbearable while there's no roof, the crowd wilts and the games slow down.

Best atmospheres weve ever had have been at night, and the chicks are still hot.

Night games or at least 4 o'clock kick offs. helps those of us with jobs that require saturday hours.

If you want ladies, go to one of those joints that, believe it or not will actually charge less than BMO for their beers! You'll save money and not have to be bothered with a pesky football match distracting you.

With a Saturday late afternoon or evening I can kick out an hour/ couple hours early or do a full day with a later kick off. I run out of vacation and "sick" days too quickly when it's a 12:30 or 1.

Exactly.

There are better places to go girl watching than at a football stadium.

Yohan
07-03-2011, 12:03 PM
who goes to a soccer game to stare at chicks? priorities people...

ryan
07-03-2011, 12:08 PM

A soccer match is one of the only things in life I'd not mind a total sausage fest at, almost prefer it.

Guys sing louder and are more likely to join in.

Then again I'm married so I tend to keep my :hump: radar to a minimum for my own safety.

Parkdale
07-03-2011, 01:05 PM

well except for... you know... yesterday.

jazzy
07-03-2011, 01:13 PM

and missed probably the most exciting game ever, the sun the heat the friends AND then afterward the chance to see the academy evening game...whooha ya good choice

GBV
07-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Sure... before electricity.

:):):)

jazzy
07-03-2011, 01:18 PM

hahaha........as much as my heart sank after their perfect penalty,....we stuck it out and,.....only rubbing it in to THOSE, who can find something wrong with as I said, sun, friends, refreshments,...and a tfc game come from behind win.....sure seemed like a life tonic to me!!!

GBV
07-03-2011, 01:20 PM

last i checked we weren't in europe. so who cares?

and they ain't playing in july. can get a tad steamy during the day in july. ya know.

Parkdale
07-03-2011, 01:43 PM
last i checked we weren't in europe. so who cares?

and they ain't playing in july. can get a tad steamy during the day in july. ya know.

yeah, imagine the Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Greek leagues playing in July and August. They'd have to play at 9:00pm or later

NoNameboys
07-03-2011, 03:08 PM
GO fucking get em, mike!

Exactly, chicks are always there. Keep the night games.
Next afternoon game Ian, we'll start a all we want are night games chant, lol.

Yeoman
07-03-2011, 03:28 PM

i do
but that's just cuz someone is always standing near me
mwahahahahahahaha
wait..................yeah hopefully she doesn't figure out who she is

Auzzy
07-03-2011, 04:31 PM
I like it when we complain about the game times. That means the game itself was pretty good. :D

Afternoons in the spring & late fall; evening games in the summer. :thumbsup:

Whoop
07-03-2011, 04:44 PM
yeah, imagine the Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Greek leagues playing in July and August. They'd have to play at 9:00pm or later

Like I said Barcelona has matches that start at 12:00 a.m.

I know a lot of Benfica matches tend to be around 9:00 p.m.

phonzo
07-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Always classy

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-03-2011, 09:55 PM
night matches......not there for the titties

PAOK17
07-04-2011, 12:29 AM

Are you sure about that? Last I checked all major games are played at night outside of maybe England. Look at the CL (ok it's a weekday but even there, games are played as late as 10 pm). I prefer night games. Soccer isn't meant to be played in 30+ degree sunlight.

Canary Canuck
07-04-2011, 12:35 AM
If you want the day games back then blame TSN. They want night games to fill broadcast slots while CBC preferred afternoon times for their sports weekend coverage.

LesH
07-04-2011, 03:22 AM
This:

Soccer isn't meant to be played in 30+ degree sunlight.

Any other reasoning is off base!

Azerban
07-04-2011, 07:50 AM

we only sang when we were winning

too hot, switch to apertura/clausura, play in january please

Carts
07-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Do you know which one I think is better...?

NEITHER...

I like the variety...

Some games in the afternoon, some in the late afternoon, some at night...

It gives them each their own feel, and pre-game / post-game activity...

If our games were always, the exact same, it might grow stale...

I like that there's variety in the game times...

Night games seem to have a special feel - but that would die quickly if every game was a night game...

Carts...

Suds
07-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Early games, afternoon games, or evening games. Doesn't matter. I get nothing done gameday and I'm just as hungover the next!

I like the variety. Only change I'd make is to even out te schedule and try to keep the night games in the dead of summer.

DangerRed
07-04-2011, 03:55 PM
like hell there would be. Lots of hottie don't show up because they would rather go out on Sat. night.
Also, nights are cooler. They dress down a lot more in the day.

Creepiest post of the year. Congrats!

cherono
07-04-2011, 04:13 PM
As long as the majority of home games aren't scheduled before the end of May again,
I'm not too concerned with kick-off times.

nfitz
07-04-2011, 06:18 PM
As long as the majority of home games aren't scheduled before the end of May again,
I'm not too concerned with kick-off times.We'll likely have 23 homes games this year (assuming we beat Real Esteli - which would be difficult not to do). The half-way game was Vancouver on June 29th (if I can count ...)

The front-end is always going to be a little heavy as long as they have to leave space for 8 Champions league games that start in July, and the September and October breaks for World Cup qualifiers.

boban
07-04-2011, 07:29 PM
The "scenery" is nice at night or during the day so that point is moot.
No it's not. More quality women with less clothes by more than a few miles.

boban
07-04-2011, 07:30 PM
We're not Europe. Somethings don't need to be done just because "Europe" does.

WHy not have 2 seasons too while we're at it...The Latin American countries do it. (never understood that one personally)
Read what my answer was in response to instead of just looking at things in isolation.

boban
07-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Creepiest post of the year. Congrats!
:confused:
because my radar is on and notice things .. hmmmmm
ookkkaaayyy.
Btw, lots of guys in my section were saying the same thing.

But I would agree that high noon games can be hot.
The Saturday 4 pm games were perfect.

nfitz
07-04-2011, 08:15 PM
The Saturday 4 pm games were perfect.4 pm games might be great in May, early June. Still can be very hot in July.

Mid-day games in March/April. Late afternoon games in May. Evening games in July.

crozack
07-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Playing games consistently at 1pm on sat afternoon in the summer could definately be a "home field" advantage to us.....

honestly i really dont care......as long as we are winning!

J .
07-04-2011, 09:50 PM
night games for me, people get into the games. Im there to root on the team and lose my voice. Ill ogle women later.

Whoop
07-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Which reminds me... we gotta bring back the stripper night. LOL

Ossington Mental Youth
07-04-2011, 09:57 PM
id rather be out with my friends at night, also its easier for my old man to get in during the day

Super
07-04-2011, 10:07 PM
I personally prefer night games, but setting my own feelings aside I still think that night games result in the best games - in terms of the quality of the product on the pitch. Less hot for the players out there. I think that should be key in deciding when to play the games - regardless of what city. The MLS can't afford to lower the standard by much, and the summer heat can certainly do just that.

Fort York Redcoat
07-05-2011, 07:15 AM
Guess what people- We do this every year. It's the reason we will never have ONE REGULAR KICKOFF TIME.

We can't agree what time we like better and every year TFC will change up start times.

I got my preference with afternoon matches on the weekend since the midweek games are all at night.

but that's just me so I don't expect gametimes to change to anything consistent.

menefreghista
07-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Guess what people- We do this every year. It's the reason we will never have ONE REGULAR KICKOFF TIME.

Actually the kick off times have very little to do with fan preference and everything to do with what the broadcasters want.

CBC wanted mid-afternoon Satuday games, and that's what we got.

TSN and Gol TV mostly prefer evening games (although during NHL TSN liked the early afternoon).

Brooker
07-05-2011, 09:51 AM
As long as they don't start before 3pm, I don't care. Screw Evening games? No, fuck Noon games.

jabbronies
07-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Hate afternoon games - Anything before 3pm and you get heat stroke. Anything after 3pm and before 7pm and you have the sun in your eyes so you can't see shit. Also - we seem quieter in afternoon games than we do in evening games.

I realize afternoon games are a European favourite - but they also have roofs over their head and in most of these countries, the temperature doesn't even come close to what we play in during the football calendar.

Gobi
07-05-2011, 10:44 AM
A: I like A.
B: I like B.
A: You're an idiot. A rules!
B: You're a moron. B is the best!
A: My reasons for liking A are more relevant than yours for liking B.
I'ma slap you like a bitch!
B: Where I come from your reasons are invalid and prove you are ignorant.
It's ON, motherf*cker!

Etc. Etc. Etc.
:picard:

Menelaos
07-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Love them both, but always feel better at night knowing there is less kids that might hear my potty mouth.

Parkdale
07-05-2011, 10:48 AM
It's ON, motherf*cker!

Etc. Etc. Etc.

and that's the crux of it.

PAOK17
07-05-2011, 11:46 AM
I realize afternoon games are a European favourite

That's the thing. I don't think they are a favourite in Europe as no games are played before 5 pm even during the winter in most countries. Remember we are talking about afternoon games in the summer for MLS. The countries that actually do have afternoon games are playing them in the winter (which in the warmest countries in Europe is equivalent to our late March/early April weather...which as said is an ok time to have afternoon games). And England shouldn't count as it's raining half the time. Take a look at Spain, Italy, Portugal, etc.

I went to Europa and CL qualifiers in Greece (August) last year. Qualifiers don't have a standard set start time like the actual Champion's league so the start times vary. The two games were played at 9:45 pm and 10:00 pm respectively.

P-NUTZ
07-05-2011, 01:46 PM
i like a mix - they haven't got it right yet!
but 12:30 is a little early to start - 1pm in this time slot is better.

Shep
07-05-2011, 02:04 PM
I wouldn't have a preference, except that I vividly recall being curled up in a ball shivering and puking after getting heat stroke chanting in the hot Canadian sun for 90 mins after a steamy afternoon home game.

Night games or early matches for me. If it's a cool afternoon that works too. I'll still show up and give it my all for the full game regardless of the time, but it's soo much easier when sun isn't murdering my brain.

And as far as the Europe argument: I remember Amsterdam having a hot summer, but in Ireland and the UK things are pretty cool in the afternoon compared to our end of the world. oh yeah and they are usually off during the summer

QSIM
07-05-2011, 09:10 PM
As long as there a game at BMO in Novermber, I don't care what time kickoff is.

Whoop
07-05-2011, 09:11 PM
In the Netherlands, they sometimes play games in the morning.

Juanito
07-05-2011, 09:13 PM
^^

Crazy Dutch!! ;)

Shakes McQueen
07-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Evening games are fantastic on typical summer days. Nothing better than soccer on a warm summer night under the lights.

- Scott

TFC07
07-05-2011, 09:23 PM
I like mix of both. Half the home games at night and another half during afternoon. Obviously the night games during the summer and afternoon games during spring and fall. I think that's best solution for all parties (TV, MLS, fans etc) when to have games.

Waggy
07-05-2011, 09:44 PM
I prefer afternoon games in spring and fall and night games in the summer. The sun when its 38 degrees with humidity just drains me of all energy. I was at the Jays games on Friday and Sat, and by the 6th innings of both games I was basically just waiting for the games to be over so I could get the hell out of the sun. And I love the Jays/baseball. The suns just too strong. Better for everyone if the crowd can be in top form, and IMO top form in mid summer comes from evening games.

Whoop
07-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Too bad tonight's game isn't being played in the afternoon.

Think of how awesome the scenery would be.....

Joe Kool
07-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Too bad tonight's game isn't being played in the afternoon.

Think of how awesome the scenery would be.....

You are not talking about all the 112 shirtless regulars are you? :) LOL

I am looking forward to a milder night game tonight instead of worrying about everything including my toe nails sweating...

Blixa
07-20-2011, 06:53 PM
When I go see footie I want to see footie. When I go to a strip club I want to see pussy.

Heathen
07-20-2011, 09:44 PM
We need morning games!

James Oliphant
07-20-2011, 11:56 PM
It's ON, motherf*cker!

Etc. Etc. Etc.

M0lVjky2roU

Suds
07-21-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm not a fan of the morning after night games ... well, today I'm not. :(

tfc007
07-23-2011, 05:43 AM
love evening games sorry boban

canadian_bhoy
07-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Let's try Morning game.

730am. Just like watching the Old Firm.

Parkdale
07-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Let's try Morning game.

730am. Just like watching the Old Firm.

whoa.... imagine a game that finished before the beer taps turn on at 11:00

(not that beer laws have ever discouraged the Scots I know)