PDA

View Full Version : Post Game: NCC TFC 2 - VFC 1

Batman
07-02-2011, 01:37 PM
great match for Toronto

The boys played really well.

Best match they've played in quite some time.

CSO_BBTB
07-02-2011, 01:40 PM
The whining from the west coast elsewhere is going to make amusing reading. :) Hopefully the feelgood factor will translate into a few good results in the league as well.

kuku
07-02-2011, 01:40 PM
We are the champions!!!

ManUtd4ever
07-02-2011, 01:41 PM
TFC overcame many obstacles and were completely deserving of the victory. That was absolutely the best effort of the season with a depleted squad.

FUCK YEAH! Damn that felt good!

:scarf:

MG42
07-02-2011, 01:42 PM
3 years in a row with 3 different coaches!

Shakes McQueen
Good game to watch. Terrific game for Yourassowsky.

- Scott

Island Man
Yesssss \o/ Superb. Yourassowsky was superb as was Plata.

Fushida
07-02-2011, 01:43 PM
most enjoyable game to watch from tfc in a while.

ManUtd4ever
07-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Plata deserves the MVP trophy. Good for him!

Keystone FC
07-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Plata MVP!

Keystone FC
07-02-2011, 01:47 PM
HAHA! The trophy is half the size of Plata.

Batman
07-02-2011, 01:48 PM
I agree. Plata was definitely the game changer today. He seemed on fire.

A true bright spark for TFC this year.

Dave67
Plata was on fire. Here's hoping these last 2 games vs Vancouver can spark this team to go on a real strong run.

Keystone FC
Is there any player that has been with TFC for ALL 3 NCC Championships?

Fushida
07-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Is there any player that has been with TFC for ALL 3 NCC Championships?

Frei and Attakora?

ManUtd4ever
07-02-2011, 01:50 PM
It's been a great week for TFC with the victory on Wednesday, two DP signings, and now the NCC Trophy! Let's hope today's siginificant victory will boost the morale of the club moving forward.

Batman
07-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Nicaragua Champion up next.

ManUtd4ever
07-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Classy move by Gargan to bring the trophy to the supporters.

Inklink
07-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Nice vase Plata's got there ;) .

Those final minutes were intense. Good week.

woolly
07-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Welp, I'm glad I have to eat my words. I thought the Reds weren't going to be up to the task today. Instead we got one of the most entertaining comebacks since the team started.

ag futbol
07-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Well done.

After that first Vancouver goal we dominated that match, without question. All the midfielders did a good job finishing their runs today giving the forwards lots of late-arriving options when they dragged the ball out wide.

I always thought at the beginning of the year when the heat came out that was going to change the dynamics for a Toronto team that tried to complete more on technical ability than athletic fortitude. Earlier in the year those defenders weren't laboring at much when it was mid teens, but good luck chasing Plata around all day when it's 30 degrees.

Mark TFC
07-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Beautiful, beautiful match. We deserved the win, no doubt. WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

ManUtd4ever
07-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Welp, I'm glad I have to eat my words. I thought the Reds weren't going to be up to the task today. Instead we got one of the most entertaining comebacks since the team started.

Yeah, in the first half, it definitely didn't seem like it was meant to be today. I really have to give the players credit, because they totally dominated the match after Camilo's goal.

SZMULKI
07-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Road trip to Nicaragua anyone? :)

Gazza
07-02-2011, 02:03 PM
I hope the Vancouver Police learned their lesson:)

TFC Cityboy
07-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Can We Play You ?
Can We Play You ?
Can We Play You Every Week?
Can We Play You Every Week?

mclaren
07-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Can we play them every week?

Gazza
07-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Will you burn your
Will you burn your
Will you burn your city down?
Will you burn your city down?

s2cazz
07-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Campioni!
Campioni!
Ole Ole Ole!!!!!!
http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/04/1/7/5/87292923247657985.jpg

ensco
07-02-2011, 02:13 PM
I (and several others) thought JDG would never see the pitch again...and then he goes and delivers his best game in a TFC uniform.

Gazza
07-02-2011, 02:16 PM
I (and several others) thought JDG would never see the pitch again...and then he goes and delivers his best game in a TFC uniform.

He sure did, didn't think he had it in him.

Good for him.

TFC USA
07-02-2011, 02:21 PM
guess when push comes to shove - Vancouver always chokes when it matters. :)

Super Cereal
07-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Plata is unreal.

Roogsy
07-02-2011, 02:27 PM
So happy for the young lands on TFC. I got goosebumps when Joao was given the MVP trophy.

TFC played their best game all year. They beat Vancouver to the ball all day long. They gave the (admittedly very poor) Vancouver backline fits. They looked dangerous on every counter. They left it all on the pitch.

This is the team I wish I had been watching all year. And today they rightfully deserved the win. Fortunate calls aside, Toronto had 4 or 5 deadly chances and the score rightfully reflects how much they were better than the Whitecaps.

On a sidenote...what the hell was Cannon doing all game long? The Whitecaps faithful must have been falling by the dozens from all the heart attacks he must have been giving them! Absolutely poor performance and his defensive core were no better. Awful, awful, awful. Our backline held firm. Nobody was exceptional but as a group, they gave their all and THAT is what you do when you don't have the skill but you have the dedication.

Gazza
07-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Where did this possession football come from? Eckersley's job on Hassli was brilliant. Give him the Henry job next.

JonO
07-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Certainly the most fun I've had at a TFC game this year, and the best game I think TFC has played. Well done to the lads. They were all spent by the end...

CSO_BBTB
07-02-2011, 02:43 PM
On a sidenote...what the hell was Cannon doing all game long? The Whitecaps faithful must have been falling by the dozens from all the heart attacks he must have been giving them! Absolutely poor performance and his defensive core were no better....

Only possible explanation I can think of that doesn't revolve around a drastic loss in ability/form relative to a few seasons ago when he was arguably the best in the league is that the adjustment from fieldturf to grass can be tricky sometimes.

JuliquE
07-02-2011, 02:50 PM
JDG playing for his job, methinks. Lit a nice fire under his ass, with Frings coming in. heh

Cynicism aside.. I almost lost my voice, this match; think it was Exiled_Red that said his heart was in his mouth -- I'm with you, bro.

I wish they always played with this amount of heart. Here's hoping this inspires them, now that they've seen what can be accomplished with such play.

Also: Keystone's last post in the match-thread is legendary; think I peed myself a little, laughing.

Oldtimer
07-02-2011, 02:52 PM

I thought they were done... but this team is showing some character.
BBTB said there was more game to play... and he was right.

Oldtimer
07-02-2011, 02:55 PM
It was good having the win, but it gets better:

2 new DPs in time for the first CCL game!!!!

:flare::flare::flare:

kaos197O
07-02-2011, 02:57 PM
He sure did, didn't think he had it in him.

Good for him.

Don't know if people noticed but Deguz played higher up, like he does with Team Canada, in this match and he played much better. I think we'll see him in a more attacking role in the future with Frings here and we'll see a whole ne JDG to boot. It's gonna be exciting. Plus I think of the chances that were missed today that would have fallen onto Koevermans foot, had he been playing, and believe that we would have ran away with this game.

Great match, great celebration, great to see Frei and Henry give their kits to Lintberg at the end of the game and well.....it was just a great day.

Congrats to the boys for a well earned victory. They left everything in the pitch, played with pride, fought for the badge and truly played All For One today.

Awesome!
:scarf::flare::scarf:

atlanticTFCfan
07-02-2011, 03:03 PM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4375/nccbanner.png

'Nuff said! :scarf::flare::drum::canada:

Greg
07-02-2011, 03:05 PM

My thoughts also. Massive game from him.

xj Darrell
07-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Here are Julian's stats from MLS Chalkboard:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc175/xjdarrell/Screenshot2011-07-02at20152PM.png

The chalkboard is a great tool for basic player analysis.

Oldtimer
07-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Even the Vancouver media is admitting that Toronto's cleared attempt went in:

Replays, however, showed that the ball had crossed the line.
For Vancouver fans who felt there was any unfairness in the abandoned final on May 25 — a game the Whitecaps led 1-0 into the 63rd minute — this was the even-up play.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Whitecaps+denied+Champions+League+dream+with+loss+ Toronto/5040778/story.html

levyashin
07-02-2011, 03:21 PM
100% all game means you win more than you lose,rest of the season is up for grabs.great game to watch,plata definately the m.v.p.

106-12
07-02-2011, 03:22 PM
this is what i expect from JDG at least %75 of the time .He lifted his head up and some long passes were delivered to the open players and the rest will take care of its self. GOOD GAME ALL A ROUND

ecospice
07-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Awesome game. Good for Winter to move up with the big win! Too bad TFC screwed me with my ticket re-print, or I would have seen all 90 mins instead of just 60... Not to be a Debbie Downer, but who else got screwed with tix?

roue
07-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Dazzling stuff from TFC , quiet Peel Pub was erupting in huge shouts for every TFC play , Real Esteli baby !!!

Pookie
07-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Though often criticized this season, Dan Gargan had a helluva game

atlanticTFCfan
07-02-2011, 03:31 PM
So, with today's Voyageurs Cup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyageurs_Cup) win, here's what we can look forward to in the CCL preliminary stage:

First Leg
Wednesday, July 27
Toronto FC (CAN) vs. Real Estelí FC (NCA), 8 p.m. EDT

Second Leg
Tuesday, August 2
Real Estelí (NCA) vs. Toronto FC (CAN), 10 p.m. EDT

Auzzy
07-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Even the Vancouver media is admitting that Toronto's cleared attempt went in:

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Whitecaps+denied+Champions+League+dream+with+loss+ Toronto/5040778/story.html

Nice find!

MLS Chalkboard is also interesting, I never knew about that.

I haven't seen any replay or comment on the situation near the end of the game, where I thought Plata was fouled on a clean break at goal, but got a yellow instead.

Island Man
07-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Though often criticized this season, Dan Gargan had a helluva game
+1 Superb game.

ArmenJBX
07-02-2011, 03:39 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS! :D

TFC1154ever
07-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Not wanting to look to far ahead but if we beat Real Esteli, this is are group in the Champions League. We get a mexican team and maybe dallas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_CONCACAF_Champions_League#Group_C

Wull
07-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Good game, Gargan was vastly improved. Thought de guzman's tackling and work rate were better but almost every pass went straight to a vancouver jersey.

habstfc
07-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Thought de guzman's tackling and work rate were better but almost every pass went straight to a vancouver jersey.

Ya especially that pass to plata on the second goal.. JDG played great today, don't be a hating fool especially after playing a great game.

Thought tfc played great, it took vancouvers goal to get them going but boy did it.

I usually feel bad about winning a game this way (getting a second penalty kick for goalie encroachment and the previous handball by plata) but that Martina goal was clearly in so I don't mind that 2nd penalty kick. The soccer gods looked after us today that's for sure.

I think it's clear JDG has to play further up after seeing todays game and the gold cup games.

ManUtd4ever
07-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Everyone played well, and Gargan was the biggest surprise of the day.

rocker
07-02-2011, 04:08 PM
What a game. I got my money's worth of entertainment, that's for sure. That's the kind of effort and performance that makes you check the schedule to see when is the next match.

Agree on Gargan -- normally i can't stand him this season, but he was smart and active. Plata never seems to lose energy and causes fits in the opposition defense (I guess it helps to be 19 and very talented). Eckersley was a rock.... what a fabulous performance.

This game had so many twists and turns and I was actually nervous in the final 20 minutes. What fun though!

Regarding Vancouver -- I thought the Camilo goal was world class, but he was next to invisible most of the match (except when he was diving). Dunfield was a ghost. Cannon was shaky. I always worry about Hassli but he fucking choked on his last two chances when Vancouver was pushing to tie it. Tchani left him wide open at one point --- scary.

So Vancouver still hasn't won the cup.. hahahah. I guess changing Tator Tots wasn't the solution... no wonder... Soehn brought in the players in the first place.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-02-2011, 04:10 PM
3-1!

http://i52.tinypic.com/2823vpf.jpg

denime
07-02-2011, 04:23 PM
3-1!

WOW good we did not need that one

Alixir
07-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Ya especially that pass to plata on the second goal.. JDG played great today, don't be a hating fool especially after playing a great game.

JDG had a good game...I will give him that but I agree with the fact that he did send most of his long passes to a Vancouver player.
Aside from that a win is a win no matter how it happens and we will take this one!

GuelphStorm2007
May be the best TFC game I have seen in a long time. TFC were by far the better team, I think Van City only really had 3 or 4 shots whole game. and most important it was JDG best game in a long while. Kudos go out to Plata, Yourass, (interesting goal celebratiom) Gargan and Martina all had great games.

habstfc
3-1!

I don't blame the ref or the assistant on that but as you can see, clearly in.

Plenty of Trout
07-02-2011, 04:30 PM
....more importantly as I posted on Wednesday (below) that no one got hurt:

With the respective records of these two teams, should there not be genuine concern that they may hurt themselves. I don't mean each other. I mean themselves.

Can MLS not force both teams to wear bright coloured hockey helmets, matching water wings, matching mittens pinned to their jackets and matching over-sized mouth guards for safety reasons?

MLS could say they are doing it for a Canadian theme with the hockey helmets to avoid further embarrassment to each team.

You know we all laugh about it but it isn't funny if one of the players runs into a goalpost.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=28640

Ron Manager
07-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Well a few observations.

First....we are the champions! :canada::canada::canada::canada:

Vancouver, you got your replay almost exactly how you wanted it. You scored at virtually the same time and took a 1-0 lead into half time. You couldn't ask for fairer, not that it was warranted.
I know the Vancouver fans will whine about the penalty retake but that only evens up the uncalled Martina goal and the missed handball in the box on the previous play.

After making some disparaging comments about Gargan recently, doesn't he go and make me a liar with 2 solid performances this week. I believe I actually saw moments of him playing football. I love the guys attitude, but this week he showed some game. Keep it up Gargan.

DeGuz.....this is what we have wanted from you all along. PLEASE keep it up. With Frings, Deguz should get more time on the ball as double teaming him all game will leave Frings too open.

Koevermans (or Gordon for that matter) would have given us a higher goal count. Chances were there for the taking.

Plata, Yourassowsky both had fantastic games. It is wonderful to see guys play with such heart, courage and strong desire to win.

Great game, great day at the pitch.

bgnewf
07-02-2011, 04:33 PM
http://vancouver.theoffside.com/files/2009/10/JohnnyDramaVictory-270x300.jpg

Sums it up I think

Great day in the 113 and big props to all you RPB for bringing the noise today. PROUD OF ALL OF YOU!!!. A hell of a lot of emotion on the field and in the stands. I thought, I must confess, when that goal was disallowed that we were done, but full credit for everyone on the field.

Thought Eckersley was masterful against Hassli again. He might not be our best centre back but he is certainly our best defender..

Plata getting iced on that penalty by Cannon and being composed enough to come back and take it again was fucking epic. Have video of both that I will be posting later.

And with out two, and maybe more, new signings on the way I think we can potentially kick some serious ass in CONCACAF.

WHOOO HOOO

Come On You Reds! Thank you for the victory.

habstfc
07-02-2011, 04:41 PM
JDG had a good game...I will give him that but I agree with the fact that he did send most of his long passes to a Vancouver player.
Aside from that a win is a win no matter how it happens and we will take this one!

Long passes are harder passes to make percentage wise. I'm not saying he completed every pass but he had a couple long passes that were right on the money. He completed a long pass to soolsma I believe after he set up the plata to yourasskovsky goal that was also good. Some people on here think the guy should complete every pass. The match stats say he completed 70 % of his passes today, I don't think that's bad.

flatpicker
07-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Super fun match today.
One of the most entertaining games I have seen Toronto play.

The only sad thing,
I leave for Vancouver the morning of the 27th. :(
So I'll miss the first leg of Champs League qualifying.

P-NUTZ
07-02-2011, 05:26 PM
might b the best match ive ever attended> great quality> they earned it.
XOXOX

Jenkins12
07-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Plata was on form today, great game for the little guy.

I thouht Eckersley up against Hassli was an awful move by our staff, but although I don't see his future in the CB role he was outstanding.

JDG had a superb game

How come the attendance was so low, were most of us in the parade today ;)

And last of all, I hope Santos isn't injured for long.

GREAT WEEK

tfc110
07-02-2011, 05:30 PM
im awaiting the photo from 110. perfect HD of that goal from another angle. its unreal.

TFC Via Buffalo
07-02-2011, 05:34 PM
im awaiting the photo from 110. perfect HD of that goal from another angle. its unreal.

Mike/jaahuuu took it. His timing was impeccable. You can clearly see it was over the line. I'm sure he'll post it somewhere soon. We just go back to Buffalo only a little while ago.

P-NUTZ
07-02-2011, 05:44 PM
i love my team more than ever today for all the right reasons!
oxoxo
:drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking:

and thie singing was wonderful - perfect. well done RPB & and tfc fans.

ecospice
07-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Plata was on form today, great game for the little guy.

I thouht Eckersley up against Hassli was an awful move by our staff, but although I don't see his future in the CB role he was outstanding.

JDG had a superb game

And last of all, I hope Santos isn't injured for long.

GREAT WEEK

TFC screwed a lot of people with the tickets... I had to line up at the office because my tix did not scan... I got in about 19 minutes into the game, then had walk to my seats. There were probably close to 1000 people in the same boat by that time. I suppose many gave up.

Heathen
07-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Season starts here :flare:

habstfc
07-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Long holiday weekend doesn't help attendance wise.

P-NUTZ
07-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Season starts here :flare:
yes it does.

:drinking::scarf::flare::drum::drinking:

Auzzy
07-02-2011, 06:00 PM
I think we have some more injury worries after this game. Maicon Santos injured (again), and Harden was on crutches after he came off. I'm sure someone will respond that Harden always plays like he should be on crutches, but he's been half decent, and more reliable than Doneil Henry at this point, with Williams, Attakora & Cann still injured. If Harden's injury is serious, we may see more of Henry until Williams, Attakora or Harden are fixed & fit.

So next to the season-ending injuries to Cann, Bouchiba, and Lindsay, we now have Santos, Harden, Williams, Attakora, Peterson, and Zavarise out & hurting. Hopefully Tchani & JDG are fully healed at least. Gordon isn't 100% yet either -- although I was hoping he would come on today, in the end I'm happy he didn't. Hopefully he will be more fit by this weekend.

flatpicker
07-02-2011, 06:04 PM

Parade is tomorrow.
So you can still show up and march along with the RPB float.

P-NUTZ
07-02-2011, 06:09 PM
the parade should be kicking vancouvers ass up and down yonge as we did on the pitch when they had 2 headstarts!!!!

jerks. we earned every single bit of it.

Klinsmann
07-02-2011, 06:17 PM
amazing game, I can't stop think what a steal we got picking up Plata so late in the draft. That was definitely a goal by martinez. I could see it clearly go in from my seat in 105.

After the game Tchani came out and handed out about 10+ TFC jersey's with #22 on them to the fans at Gate 4. Very nice guy.....

Chevy
07-02-2011, 06:17 PM
I don't blame the ref or the assistant on that but as you can see, clearly in.

I think you're being way too kind. It wasn't a bang-bang play, there wasn't a potential offside call to divert attention, just a slow roller to the goal line AND the linesman must have had a perfect view of the play.

mclaren
07-02-2011, 06:22 PM
What was the attendance today?

MG42
07-02-2011, 06:25 PM
What was the attendance today?

Sold out!

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/default/files/tfc_Beirne.jpg

LesH
07-02-2011, 06:27 PM

I wonder he had such a good game because the transfer of the 2 new DP-s lighted a fire under his arse?

But then, if he's already on his way out from TFC (as it is rumored) this theory isn't very strong, because then why would he care much about his remaining performances at TFC?

Pookie
07-02-2011, 06:35 PM
I thought JDG had a strong game for the better part of 65 mins.

No one is perfect and towards the end of his playing time, he did start to give the ball away, pass the odd ball straight out of bounds and seemed to be less able to track back.

When he was subbed in the late stages, I wasn't complaining as it appeared to be the right call given fitness.

This is his last shot. If Winter plays him in a more forward role like he did today and like the Canadian National Team did, it could give him a new lease on his time here. (assuming he wants that)

Noticed he had an ice pack(?) or wrap on post game and genuinely happy in celebration.

rocker
07-02-2011, 06:43 PM
interesting to read the Southsiders forum and see the comments... basically two groups exist: 1) conspiracy theorists and 2) realists. The conspiracy theorists think TFC got all the breaks and Vancouver got none. The realists believe Vancouver is not good enough and Soehn isn't the saviour. One thing I find interesting is the complaints about how they don't get any breaks.... I think most of us TFC fans can remember years of not getting any breaks at all particularly with regard to penalty kicks. Funny to hear that from a different team's supporters.

P-NUTZ
07-02-2011, 06:48 PM
interesting to read the Southsiders forum and see the comments... basically two groups exist: 1) conspiracy theorists and 2) realists. The conspiracy theorists think TFC got all the breaks and Vancouver got none. The realists believe Vancouver is not good enough and Soehn isn't the saviour. One thing I find interesting is the complaints about how they don't get any breaks.... I think most of us TFC fans can remember years of not getting any breaks at all particularly with regard to penalty kicks. Funny to hear that from a different team's supporters.

i believe pro teams change that tide by thier on doing - so to hell with the opposition in this case.

bgnewf
07-02-2011, 06:51 PM
I have to confess that I have not necessarily been a huge massive fans of the concept of a "Wall of Honour" for Toronto FC at such an early stage in the development of our club.

But it is here. It exists. And to cover a part of it up during the broadcast of a game with a "Rogers Sportsnet" banner is disrespectful to the club and to the players up on that wall, at least it is to me.

That is exactly what Dobson and company did today. I hope going forward that someone tells Rogers that it is not cool to turn the Wall of Honour" into a "Wall of Ho---"

rocker
07-02-2011, 06:52 PM
i believe pro teams change that tide by thier on doing - so to hell with the opposition in this case.

yup... i think the better team gets the breaks. they are creating chances that the opposition has trouble dealing with. they take more chances etc.

Dave67
07-02-2011, 07:03 PM
I don't recall seeing Yourassowsky roll around like he had been shot in either of the 2 Vancouver games. Wonder if someone had a word with him about it. He was really good out there today. Be great if these two games give the team a shot of confidence and we can steal a point or 3 against NY on Wed.

ManUtd4ever
07-02-2011, 07:08 PM
One thing is certain, today's NCC victory was much more entertaining and enjoyable than last year's victory.

Chevy
07-02-2011, 07:17 PM
I don't recall seeing Yourassowsky roll around like he had been shot in either of the 2 Vancouver games. Wonder if someone had a word with him about it. He was really good out there today. Be great if these two games give the team a shot of confidence and we can steal a point or 3 against NY on Wed.

Based on what I have heard, this was exactly the case.

jimiv
07-02-2011, 07:19 PM
I have to confess that I have not necessarily been a huge massive fans of the concept of a "Wall of Honour" for Toronto FC at such an early stage in the development of our club.

But it is here. It exists. And to cover a part of it up during the broadcast of a game with a "Rogers Sportsnet" banner is disrespectful to the club and to the players up on that wall, at least it is to me.

That is exactly what Dobson and company did today. I hope going forward that someone tells Rogers that it is not cool to turn the Wall of Honour" into a "Wall of Ho---"

I saw that and had the same reaction. Classless move on Roger's part.

markus
07-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Sportsnet’s arrogance comes through in broadcast of NCC finale (http://the11.ca/2011/07/02/sportsnets-arrogance-comes-through-in-broadcast-of-ncc-finale/)

P-NUTZ
07-02-2011, 07:40 PM
disgusting . irresponsible.

bgnewf
07-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Sportsnet’s arrogance comes through in broadcast of NCC finale (http://the11.ca/2011/07/02/sportsnets-arrogance-comes-through-in-broadcast-of-ncc-finale/)

Well done Steven Sandor! His blog needs to get a lot more views IMHO.

07-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Got home from the game and re-watched it on tv. Had to listen to Forrest tell me 15-20 times that Martina's ball was not conclusively over the line.

Please note: Just because we can't see green grass on the screen, doesn't mean the angle is inconclusive.

We can assume that the goal line is straight and the ball is round.

We can't see air either, but there's facts available that conclusively prove it's all around us.

I have less problem with officials missing this call than I do with Craig Forrest needing to continue his streak of never admitting error in 5 years.

3-1!

jaahuuu
07-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Here it is, heavily cropped to meet the board's upload limit, the original file is 8 mb. It's a good thing that Sulfur isn't an inch taller or his head would have blocked the photo.

mr k
07-02-2011, 07:54 PM
http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1107&d=1309650444

bgnewf
07-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Here it is, heavily cropped to meet the board's upload limit, the original file is 8 mb. It's a good thing that Sulfur isn't an inch taller or his head would have blocked the photo.

Can u send it to me as promised? The original large one please

tim.drodge@gmail.com

Chevy
07-02-2011, 07:56 PM

Holy shit! F'in well done!

Razcle
07-02-2011, 08:06 PM
http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/04/1/7/5/87292923247657985.jpg

What a beautiful trophy!!!! Love to see this continue until i am buried in the ground!! Good on the original Voyageurs that put up the money for this beauty!

billyfly
07-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Well done TFC.

No trophies for the jackasses there on that rainy, rainy Wed night.

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Three Canadian championships, not bad. I just wish the competition was bigger. In the US Open Cup the have PDL teams and amateur teams, I'd love to see CSL team and PDL teams in the Voyageurs Cup.

There's not much "magic of the cup" here, even less going forward with 3 MLS teams and 1 NASL team next year.

Whoop
07-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Yourassowsky's goal was nice in terms of build up.

123 elite
07-02-2011, 08:42 PM
That was great. Everyone played great. Good day.

bgnewf
07-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Three Canadian championships, not bad. I just wish the competition was bigger. In the US Open Cup the have PDL teams and amateur teams, I'd love to see CSL team and PDL teams in the Voyageurs Cup.

There's not much "magic of the cup" here, even less going forward with 3 MLS teams and 1 NASL team next year.

Kind of respectfully disagree. The "Montreal Miracle" and that little entertaining match that we all saw today are more than enough magic to start creating a lot of legend IMHO

TFC Via Buffalo
07-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of the top of 110? Mario ran up 3 flags before the game started for us to wave along with the Bastards 2 stick and a new Bastards railing banner. I hope it looked good. That huge Bitchy RPB flag is a, well, bitch to wave in the wind up there!

Parkdale
07-02-2011, 08:48 PM
yeah, I've always found the NCC to be a nail-biting tourney. Sure some games are less interesting than others, but it always comes down to the wire.

billyfly
07-02-2011, 08:55 PM
So I'm in North Carolina. How was the game? I know it was 1-0 Van at HT.

Parkdale
07-02-2011, 08:56 PM
So I'm in North Carolina. How was the game? I know it was 1-0 Van at HT.

like this:

http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/aa/13/24be90cd42aba845427da7afa79b.jpeg

it was actually some of the most exciting football I've seen at BMO all season. They're sure to build us a gate now

billyfly
07-02-2011, 09:06 PM
I don't need a gate. I am moving to Outer Baldonia.

QSIM
07-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Probably the most fun I've had at BMO in a while, maybe ever. Rocking in the stands, good football, campeones. Magic.

Yohan
07-02-2011, 09:14 PM
What a little bit of confidence does to the team.

By no means it was a perfect game, and TFC was fortunate that Chiumiento did not play, DeMerit was not 100% and Cannon shit the bed. Oh, and Hassli sucking helped too.

But the lads played well. I saw the glimpse of Winter's vision of TFC football during the Houston game, and again it was on display. Sure, Vancouver sucks and TFC won't play like this consistently all the time, but it was beautiful to watch, especially play down the wing and passes and decision making were good overall.

What pleased me the most was that the lads woke up after Camilo's classy free kick goal and played their balls out. I'm not a fan of long ball to static attacking players, but the lads fought hard for it. There was a lot of effort.

Everyone played their role and it's really hard for me to criticize anyone individually for big faults. There was a bit of sloppy defending esp near the end, but there was a lot of chances created.

Very happy with the team performance and always a good time to stick one up Vancouver. :)

On to Nicaragua!

rocker
07-02-2011, 09:16 PM
does Real Esteli have a FIFA approved stadium yet? Last time they were in this, they played Montreal in Honduras.

Whoop
07-02-2011, 09:28 PM
The 2nd half was great....

TFCRegina
07-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Towrads Threepeat. That is all.

Also, Cannon was shit and Soehn's an idiot...

AND TFC PLAYED IT'S BEST MATCH ALL SEASON. HOLY SHIT WERE THERE CHANCES!

Torontotonto
07-02-2011, 09:37 PM

Ya said it today at half.
Total Dis.

Yohan
07-02-2011, 09:39 PM
oh yeah. why does players that we rag on a bit seems to come up huge in NCC? Barrett in Mtl and now Yourass... lol

lobo
07-02-2011, 09:40 PM
i'm so happy ... drunk, tired, sunburnt, hoarse, happy

Torontotonto
07-02-2011, 09:41 PM

Gol Gol Gol... :drinking::canada::scarf:

NewCity
07-02-2011, 09:41 PM
What an amazing game. Got a photo with Stefan Frei after the game with him wearing his shiny new hardware around his neck....priceless. Way to go boys!

QSIM
07-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Anyone see Plata drop to his knees after our 2nd goal and just look up to the heavens? If anyone nabbed a picture it would be awesome!

Chevy
07-02-2011, 09:44 PM
oh yeah. why does players that we rag on a bit seems to come up huge in NCC? Barrett in Mtl and now Yourass... lol

That's so true. It's also a breath of fresh air to see that the Debbie Downers are staying away from the boards and gifting us a night of positivity.

Tonight is for the supporters, those that cheer through the rain, the cold and the seemingly constant heartbreak. Hopefully more success to come this summer!

Well done boys.

dow117
07-02-2011, 09:46 PM
I must admit , though I miss Eckersely's runs up the wing; he really shone at CB. He is a smart , solid player.

Torontotonto
07-02-2011, 09:48 PM

It's our cup, enjoy the win and the weekend.
Just got a lot better.

Our Country, Our City, Our Team, Our Cup X3

Lot's of magic today !

:party:

rocker
07-02-2011, 09:49 PM
here's the alltime record in the Canadian Championship (since 2008)

W D L GF GA
Toronto FC 9 5 2 22 9
Vancouver Whitecaps 5 7 4 14 16
Montreal 2 4 8 9 18
FC Edmonton 0 0 2 0 4

TFCRegina
07-02-2011, 09:53 PM
here's the alltime record in the Canadian Championship!

W D L GF GA
Toronto FC 9 5 2 22 9
Vancouver Whitecaps 5 7 4 14 16
Montreal 2 4 8 9 18
FC Edmonton 0 0 2 0 4

Well, the Real all time record should be Vs Cups won over number of times participated.

Toronto FC 3/4 75%
Montreal Impact 7/10 70%
FC Edmonton 0/1 0%
Calgary Mustangs 0/1 0%
Edmonton Aviators 0/1 0%
Calgary Storm 0/2 0%
Toronto Lynx 0/5 0%
Vancouver Whitecaps 0/10 0%

Where two teams are tied, the one that has had fewer chances is ranked higher in the standings.

Thomas
07-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Really great effort and performance from the lads. They played with heart today. After the game, I walked all the way to the east end, and I was surprised with the high number of people that asked me about the score. There is still a lot of interest in TFC on the street.

rocker
07-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Well, the Real all time record should be Vs Cups won over number of times participated.

Toronto FC 3/4 75%
Montreal Impact 7/10 70%
FC Edmonton 0/1 0%
Calgary Mustangs 0/1 0%
Edmonton Aviators 0/1 0%
Calgary Storm 0/2 0%
Toronto Lynx 0/5 0%
Vancouver Whitecaps 0/10 0%

Where two teams are tied, the one that has had fewer chances is ranked higher in the standings.

Yeah, I wasn't looking at cups won but the win draw loss record since 2008 when TFC joined.. basically since the new format and the tie in with Champs league.

The previous VCups weren't separate competitions so to me those aren't comparable.

Anyways, TFC rules either way. :)

TFCRegina
07-02-2011, 09:58 PM
I don't count pre-2008 since that wasn't the same competition.

It's still the Canadian championship. And Vancouver still hasn't won any.

TFCRegina
07-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I wasn't looking at cups won but the win draw loss record since 2008 when TFC joined.. basically since the new format and the tie in with Champs league.

The previous VCups weren't separate competitions so to me those aren't comparable.

Anyways, TFC rules either way. :)

Fair enough.

koryo
07-02-2011, 10:07 PM

We had a perfectly good goal disallowed. They trash their city when they don't win.

No further debate required as far as I'm concerned.

Dear Vancouver: less hippie shit, more red meat. And try to grow up a bit in between sips of your chai-based eco-twat beverages.

Tossers.

ps: yes, I've been drinking. Good night and bless, you wonderful bastards.

Detroit_TFC
07-02-2011, 10:30 PM
I was very moved when Gargan brought the cup up to the capo stand. For all his playing shortcomings, his passion and respect to the supporters is outstanding. Deeply frustrating to have a player like that (hate to lose his passion but really should not be on the first team).

Yohan
07-02-2011, 10:34 PM
aaaaaand the first leg of CCL prelim is played on the All star game date...

Detroit_TFC
07-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Paul Mariner deserves a Cohiba Esplendido for seeing Plata's potential and grabbing him at the draft. Plata brings so many assets to the team. Appearances can deceive.

TFCin110
07-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Terrific response from TFC after going down a goal. How many times have we seen them simply collapse after they go behind. Every now and then we see this flux of character in this team. Hopefully with the 2 wins back to back and the signings we'll see it continue this time. I realize it's Vancouver and they are terrible but hopefully the 2 new boys can provide the consistent character that a team needs when they go down a goal.

bman27
07-02-2011, 11:43 PM
man I've had a perma- smile all day since that trophy was raised! fantastic game! and for the amount he gets shit on around here somtimes for his play, and it can be warrented. absolute class move by Gargan to bring it in the south stands!

Redcoe15
07-03-2011, 12:05 AM
I was in London all day doing some important shit, so I recorded the game to watch when I got home. After watching it, all I have to say is...

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT!!!!!

That had to have been one of the wildest emotional roller coasters I've ever been on in regards to this team. Even the Miracle in Montreal was rather mild in comparison. First, our side gets scored on, then TFC gets robbed of a goal that clearly should have counted (pay the fuck attention Dobson and Forrest). Then in the second half, Plata has his PK blocked only to get a second chance because the goalkeeper moved and converts. Then, Plata makes a good pass to Yorassowski, who converts it. THREE-PEAT!!!!! The best performance I've seen fron them in a long while.

And the Vancouver fans are in such a foul mood tomight. Oh well... :D

jloome
07-03-2011, 12:27 AM
From the game report:
"Then as if to suggest that this kind of work ethic is contagious, long after the championship ceremonies concluded and the singing crowds abandoned Gate 3, new designated player Torsten Frings took part in a 45-minute workout session in his quest for fitness ahead of playing eligibility later this month."

dupont
07-03-2011, 12:47 AM
This was by far the most fun I've ever had at BMO Field. I will love TFC until I die.

bgnewf
07-03-2011, 12:50 AM
TFC Victorious - Retain Voyageurs Cup

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/07/tfc-retain-voyageurs-cup/

Commentary and video from the stands as TFC defeat Vancouver to retain the Voyageurs Cup 2011.

Relja
07-03-2011, 12:53 AM
Best game Ive ever been to. Great job by the reds. Section 117 was a good place, just a bit upset the team didnt stop in our corner during the celebrations. Just means i have to get 112 seats even more now.

Wingback6
07-03-2011, 01:15 AM
http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1107&d=1309650444

This is not a goal.. oh well. Nice to see Gargan put in a strong performance (seems to have shed a few pounds too). Yourass was truly great and deserved the goal for all the hard work he has put in this season, dives and fouls aside... he isn't afraid to mix it up with anybody, and damn is he fast. Is it just me or does the level of comaraderie on this team seem to be really good, both in terms of people playing with each other, but also believing in and supporting each other. Previous seasons, the fact that this was a hodgpodge of journeymen players really came through, but this really feels like a team, or it does until the next loss :I, anyhow it's fun to watch... actually looks like football that they're playing out there.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-03-2011, 01:44 AM
From the game report:
"Then as if to suggest that this kind of work ethic is contagious, long after the championship ceremonies concluded and the singing crowds abandoned Gate 3, new designated player Torsten Frings took part in a 45-minute workout session in his quest for fitness ahead of playing eligibility later this month."

I hope this God quiets those in doubt.
CANNOT.FUCKING.WAIT.

Best game Ive ever been to. Great job by the reds. Section 117 was a good place, just a bit upset the team didnt stop in our corner during the celebrations. Just means i have to get 112 seats even more now.

I know the feeling of disappointment. That being said, Im not ready to leave 117 anytime soon, just gotta make it so its an obvious place to salute. They will.

lobo
07-03-2011, 02:00 AM

or kick 117 up a few notches to get the team's attention ... but the southeast corner is the base of support right now

good times in 110 ... loved having those flags up in the bastards perch

Roogsy
07-03-2011, 02:18 AM
Is it like FCUM?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/soccer/07/03/mls.roundup.sat/index.html?sct=sc_t2_a3

FC Toronto 2, Vancouver 1

Mikael Yourassowsky scored in the 61st minute to help Toronto FC win the rain-delayed Canadian Championship.
Toronto took the Voyageurs Trophy and a spot in 2011-12 CONCACAF Champions League play with a 3-2 victory in the two-game, total-goals series. After the MLS rivals played to a 1-1 draw in the opener in Vancouver, the second game May 25 in Toronto was wiped out because of lightning and rain. Vancouver led 1-0 in the 60th minute when play was stopped.
Camilo Sanvezzo scored for Vancouver off a free kick in the first half, and Joao Plata tied it on a second-half penalty. Plata also set up the winner and was selected the tournament MVP.

Auzzy
07-03-2011, 03:31 AM
This is not a goal.. oh well. Nice to see Gargan put in a strong performance (seems to have shed a few pounds too). Yourass was truly great and deserved the goal for all the hard work he has put in this season, dives and fouls aside... he isn't afraid to mix it up with anybody, and damn is he fast. Is it just me or does the level of comaraderie on this team seem to be really good, both in terms of people playing with each other, but also believing in and supporting each other. Previous seasons, the fact that this was a hodgpodge of journeymen players really came through, but this really feels like a team, or it does until the next loss :I, anyhow it's fun to watch... actually looks like football that they're playing out there.

Not the very best angle or moment for a picture of the disallowed goal.

This is a goal, see the amount of green between the line & the ball: http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=616&d=1309654432

2mil4dero+santo
07-03-2011, 04:16 AM
Not the very best angle or moment for a picture of the disallowed goal.

This is a goal, see the amount of green between the line & the ball: http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=616&d=1309654432

I hate to play devils advocate, and I know this will make me unpopular, but... I think in this case the officials were correct. In fact, I was 100% convinced it was not a goal when I saw it live. Unlike the two flakes on SN1, I don't need 10 different slo mo replays to realize I still don't have a clue lol.

First of all in the picture, there is a parralax error involved. secondly, you're talking about "green between line and ball", when in fact, the whole ball should be taken into account, not just the part of the ball in contact with the ground. If any part of that diameter is "touching" any part of the white line, then its not a goal.

ensco
07-03-2011, 06:58 AM
^This is 100% correct. None of the pictures on here are conclusive.

The important point is, at halftime, having controlled the play, hit the post, had a 50/50 call on the ball on the line go against us, and generally dominated, TFC had every excuse to fold....and didn't.

Klinsmann
07-03-2011, 07:06 AM
From the game report:

I thought it was a bit odd, that frings didn't even play and he was the last player to leave the stadium last night!

bigbamboom
07-03-2011, 07:27 AM
Emotional victory ... I felt like I was at a casino and just hit a jack pot!

I will say...and some have alluded to it...I think the DP signings have already had an impact. Call it raising the bar to your best player....

The players are playing up a level the last two games, and albeit against a weak Vancouver squad, they have raised their level of play. Almost all of them yesterday had strong games...

Frings brings it every game - and I imagine his reputation proceeds him...so a players like JDG, Yourassowsky, Gargan, Ecks etc. really play hard....and I think it will only get better.

I guess I am drinking the Kool Aid - but what an overwhelming feeling yesterday...felt so good like years of frustration bottled up - were let out...

PAOK17
07-03-2011, 07:36 AM
This is not a goal.. oh well.

The timing of the picture is also crucial (ie taken before he made contact would mean it doesn't show how much farther the ball traveled before being kicked out or if taken after he made contact will mean that the ball was already on it's way out)

Technorgasm
07-03-2011, 07:49 AM
3-1!

over the line!!

JuliquE
07-03-2011, 08:38 AM
over the line!!
hahahha Never gets old.

Shouldn't you be changing your avatar to Walter or something (not that I'd complain about almost seeing titty-balls)?!

Yohan
07-03-2011, 08:42 AM
man. I never really hated Vancouver, but I'm starting to dislike them as much as I dislike Montreal. Columbus still takes the cake on my hate scale though.

Oldtimer
07-03-2011, 08:50 AM
First of all in the picture, there is a parralax error involved. secondly, you're talking about "green between line and ball", when in fact, the whole ball should be taken into account, not just the part of the ball in contact with the ground. If any part of that diameter is "touching" any part of the white line, then its not a goal.

I've seen shots from two different angles so there is no parallax error.

koryo
07-03-2011, 08:57 AM

I don't know about parralax error, but if you're able to measure the parallax displacement and have it confirmed by a non-partisan third party, then I might listen.

In the meantime...

07-03-2011, 09:11 AM
Re: parallax. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're talking about the ball, and the the line on the grass. Since the ball is about 4 inches off the ground, does that not pretty much negate how much of an effect the two different view points could have.

AKA - If the ball was on the grass, there would be zero effect. If the ball is 5 feet in the air, the room for error would be huge. This ball is virtually on the ground, so there's not much room for interpretation. It's in.

The officials didn't make the call, because they weren't in the proper position. I understand why they weren't in the proper position, and I think considering the position they were in, they made the only call they could make.

They didn't see it go in. So they called no goal. That's what they HAVE to do. No problem with that.

But as for breaking it down afterwards, and watching replays, that ball is in.

rocktml
07-03-2011, 09:27 AM
who cares if ball went over the line or not. WE WON!!!! WOOOOO

eustacchio
07-03-2011, 09:33 AM
for all the talk about the diallowed goal, I have to say he did a great job of keeping that ball "out". I would have celebrated that as if it were a goal if I were him (and I have in the past). Would I be saying all of thisif we had lost? Probably, just not the day after the game.

Regardless, it was a goal.

Petor
07-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Post game fun...

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150241361276681

QSIM
07-03-2011, 11:13 AM
for all the talk about the diallowed goal, I have to say he did a great job of keeping that ball "out". I would have celebrated that as if it were a goal if I were him (and I have in the past). Would I be saying all of thisif we had lost? Probably, just not the day after the game.

Regardless, it was a goal.

I agree. Live I didn't think it was a goal - none of the player, Martina included, acted/celebrated as if it was in or remotely close to a goal.

Whoop
07-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Martina was likely too far to notice.

Though the bench was going crazy.

Wull
07-03-2011, 11:37 AM

Thought tfc played great, it took vancouvers goal to get them going but boy did it.

I usually feel bad about winning a game this way (getting a second penalty kick for goalie encroachment and the previous handball by plata) but that Martina goal was clearly in so I don't mind that 2nd penalty kick. The soccer gods looked after us today that's for sure.

I think it's clear JDG has to play further up after seeing todays game and the gold cup games.

I'll say what I like, when I like. Neither of which makes me a fool. He was not bad, I said that. He still keeps passing directly to opposition players which is why I don't buy the argument that his vision is above the players he's in with. He was decent but not even in our top 2 today. I thought he won more than 1 tackle like the stats said and don't remember him losing 2. I can't be much fairer in my assessment than that.

Darlofletch
07-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Does anyone have any pictures of the top of 110? Mario ran up 3 flags before the game started for us to wave along with the Bastards 2 stick and a new Bastards railing banner. I hope it looked good. That huge Bitchy RPB flag is a, well, bitch to wave in the wind up there!

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg640/scaled.php?tn=0&server=640&filename=ru1hch.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

that's the best I got from my blackberry in 227. no pullitzer for that one, looked good though.

ExiledRed
07-03-2011, 11:42 AM
I've seen shots from two different angles so there is no parallax error.

The parallax error is caused by viewing an image of a sphere which has no definable edge, in 2D and comparing it with placed perspective lines such as the goal line and goalposts.

in this shot i found the diameter of the ball and placed the red dotted line where i thought the edge might be.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/ExiledRed/goalquestion.jpg

I then noticed that the ball had blurred at the edge and obviously moved a little bit further, so i moved the ball to encompass the blur and shifted the edge of the ball further in, because I felt I was too far out the first time.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/ExiledRed/goalquestion2.jpg

The result still doesnt put it over the line.

Now I spent ten minutes on this, Im pretty sure someone in 3D could actually do it better, but im also sure the results wouldnt be much different.

that was inconclusive and the linesman made a call. end.

Alonso
07-03-2011, 11:45 AM
I hate to play devils advocate, and I know this will make me unpopular, but... I think in this case the officials were correct. In fact, I was 100% convinced it was not a goal when I saw it live. Unlike the two flakes on SN1, I don't need 10 different slo mo replays to realize I still don't have a clue lol.

I saw this live from the best possible angle from the middle of the pitch at the very top of the East Stands.

So believe me when I tell you that their was at least 6 inches to 1 foot of space between the ball and the line when it was cleared. The ball was rolling on the ground as well, and so no paralax effect was happening either.

I saw it as clear as day and was screaming bloody murder after because I thought the linesman should probably have seen it as clear cut as I did.

ManUtd4ever
07-03-2011, 11:47 AM
LOL, thank goodness the phantom goal didn't cost us the NCC Trophy.

CSO_BBTB
07-03-2011, 11:48 AM
...He was decent but not even in our top 2 today...

Sounds about right to me. If he was making in the 200 to 250k range there would be much less of an issue. When he is actually making a bit of an effort I prefer him to Carl Robinson but a cap hit of $335k means we are losing out on having at least two starters in the 120 - 150k range rather than on 70 - 90k sort of money and that hurts the balance and overall strength of the team. If he is on a guaranteed deal through 2012 (does anyone know for sure what the story is on that?) and can't be waived at the end of the season (or chiseled down to a sensible salary level) hopefully he'll combine well with Frings. With players like Frings, Koevermans, Santos, Eckersley and Plata around the excuse about a lack of quality to be able to do what he's used to won't have any credibility any more.

DangerRed
07-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Great game, most exciting I've seen at BMO in quite some time. And what a great day to in the shade of 225. Any case, even with the disallowed goal aside, we could've/should've won by at least a couple more.

That amazing sequence where De Guz launched one, hit the bar, then Martina couldn't bury the rebound, then Youra poured on another one, that could've been a goal easy.

And then Soolsma (who I saw after the game, bicycling home) slid into another one from Platito and stopped short, which should've been a second.

We beat them soundly and it was fun to watch. Now, more of the same in league play, please.

Couchy81
07-03-2011, 12:19 PM
What a game. Great weather, great crowd, great football. and to top it all of with the Championship. This will rank up there with Cruz Azul game as one of the best at BMO.

TorontoGooner
07-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Post game fun...

The lanky freak with the hat on right in front of the camera, that's me!!

:flare:

jazzy
07-03-2011, 01:33 PM
http://vancouver.theoffside.com/files/2009/10/JohnnyDramaVictory-270x300.jpg

Sums it up I think

Great day in the 113 and big props to all you RPB for bringing the noise today. PROUD OF ALL OF YOU!!!. A hell of a lot of emotion on the field and in the stands. I thought, I must confess, when that goal was disallowed that we were done, but full credit for everyone on the field.

Thought Eckersley was masterful against Hassli again. He might not be our best centre back but he is certainly our best defender..

Plata getting iced on that penalty by Cannon and being composed enough to come back and take it again was fucking epic. Have video of both that I will be posting later.

And with out two, and maybe more, new signings on the way I think we can potentially kick some serious ass in CONCACAF.

WHOOO HOOO

Come On You Reds! Thank you for the victory.

re: Eckersley :,..with 'respect':,..who is our best centre back?...I don't think we win without Eckersley's job on Hassli....rb yes but, I seriously want to find a way to pay and keep him for next year....isn't he due to return in August?

jazzy
07-03-2011, 01:43 PM
I was very moved when Gargan brought the cup up to the capo stand. For all his playing shortcomings, his passion and respect to the supporters is outstanding. Deeply frustrating to have a player like that (hate to lose his passion but really should not be on the first team).

typical of him,..Gargan's always been AAA quality person, it is tough cause it's like talking to your best friend, just so easy going, and remember he takes the shit making less than most of us.Glad he could have a game like he did and reap these celebrations.

Petor
07-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Post game fun...

Didn't realize that Facebook was so limited, here is the youtube version of the same video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq3Pr0D8Bnc&hd=1

jazzy
07-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Didn't realize that Facebook was so limited, here is the youtube version of the same video...

sweet, esp Henry giving up his jersey to the lad........

Blizzard
07-03-2011, 02:08 PM
over the line!!

Clearly over the line!!! :scarf:

Torontotonto
07-03-2011, 02:37 PM

Here's some of the 75M Basterds I took

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=438&pictureid=2799

[/URL]http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=438&pictureid=2800

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=438&pictureid=2801

[URL="http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/album.php?albumid=438&pictureid=2801"] (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/album.php?albumid=438&pictureid=2799)

acw
07-03-2011, 03:20 PM

Very cool! Thanks for sharing :)

harrietgate
07-03-2011, 04:35 PM
[quote=Chevy;1332235]That's so true. It's also a breath of fresh air to see that the Debbie Downers are staying away from the boards and gifting us a night of positivity.

Isn't that the truth!

The atmosphere was fantastic yesterday .... everybody has got a huge boost from this championship win!

DavydMT
07-03-2011, 04:59 PM
very good footage of the south corner between 3:40 and 4:50

5aCWNE2SKTg

habstfc
07-03-2011, 05:02 PM
I'll say what I like, when I like. Neither of which makes me a fool. He was not bad, I said that. He still keeps passing directly to opposition players which is why I don't buy the argument that his vision is above the players he's in with. He was decent but not even in our top 2 today. I thought he won more than 1 tackle like the stats said and don't remember him losing 2. I can't be much fairer in my assessment than that.

You said almost every pass went to a vancouver player, or something like that. 70% pass completion rate is nowhere near "almost every pass". Without that great pass to plata to set up the 2nd goal we might not be celebrating today. Give the guy credit without throwing in a typical negative jab at the guy.

TFC Via Buffalo
07-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Here's some of the 75M Basterds I took

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=438&pictureid=2799

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=438&pictureid=2800

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=438&pictureid=2801

Awesome! Thanks.

dupont
07-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Just re-watched the game. DeGuzman's ball to Plata is just awesome. Great move to trick the defender by Plata as well.
An awesome goal all around.

bman27
07-03-2011, 05:23 PM
You said almost every pass went to a vancouver player, or something like that. 70% pass completion rate is nowhere near "almost every pass". Without that great pass to plata to set up the 2nd goal we might not be celebrating today. Give the guy credit without throwing in a typical negative jab at the guy.

I will agree that De Guzman had a very good game for us, and Id go as far as speculating that the arrival of Frings lit a fire under his ass. his 70% pass completion was good, however I think most of his critics would agree that the most frustrating part of his game is that he makes difficult passes quite well, but many times he can be inconsistent on passes that should be easy for a player of his level. However that isn't taking away from his game yesterday, he played very well, and hopefully he continues at this level and beyond.

Just out of curiosity, now that we have qualified for the Champions league, Do we see this system being more effective against those central american and mexican teams? I thought that during last years run, Prekiball limited our attacking ability against faster more more counter attack oriented teams in this competition. Hopefully with a more attack minded system combined with continued play of what i thought was a solid defense today (given the injuries) we could see this team potentially make a solid run!:scarf: refreshing to not have too much to complain about this week!

Thomas
07-03-2011, 06:06 PM
JDG played a good game, but he should be doing so on a consistent basis. The trouble is when someone sees only a couple of errant passes....if they have already made up their mind on the player (I.E JDG has been a complete failure and grossly over paid), then that's all that person is going to focus on and remember. Btw, I thought he made some key moves in the game and was a solid contributor.

pedro
07-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Just re-watched the game. DeGuzman's ball to Plata is just awesome. Great move to trick the defender by Plata as well.
An awesome goal all around.

Did you PVR it? Is there a version online of the whole game, anyone know?

menefreghista
07-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Did you PVR it? Is there a version online of the whole game, anyone know?

Check the Voyageurs forum. There is a poster there that uploads each match.

pedro
07-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Awesome, thank you!!

Klinsmann
07-03-2011, 07:07 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5319/5895462352_7e4d6d226c_o.jpg

Klinsmann
07-03-2011, 07:09 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5266/5894913211_933cb82f86_o.jpg

Klinsmann
07-03-2011, 07:12 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5308/5895498882_ff9771c8ec_o.jpg

Heathen
07-03-2011, 09:25 PM

I said to my mate as the cup was being presented, "At least Colorado can't complain anymore, the Toronto crowd doesn't stay for the presentation even when WE win a trophy"

brad
07-03-2011, 09:37 PM
re: Eckersley :,..with 'respect':,..who is our best centre back?...I don't think we win without Eckersley's job on Hassli....rb yes but, I seriously want to find a way to pay and keep him for next year....isn't he due to return in August?

Pretty sure Ecks is here until January.

Wull
07-03-2011, 09:56 PM

When he plays well enough to warrant all credit, I'll give him it. You're right that I did overstate when I said almost every pass but I stand by everything else I have said about him.

MartinUtd
07-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Great victory, great game, it's all been said before, BUT....I've gotta pick a bone with Yourassofsky (sp?). I know he scored the winner but I was SO frustrated with him throughout the match. He holds on to the ball way too long even when being triple teamed.

He seemed like a very competent fullback at the start of the season but I have very little confidence in him when he's playing in a midfield field role. I'll settle that he's a decent utility player but he's too selfish to be part of a winning formula in the starting XI. Hopefully he reverts back to LB or bench now that our DP's are on the way.

reggie
07-03-2011, 11:22 PM
how many times did forrest mention that tfc have got there tails up...holy fuck,,,

West220Side
07-04-2011, 12:48 AM
Watching videos of the celebration, does anybody from the South Side have a picture of Frei. You know where he came right up to the boards, whipped his gloves, threw his arms up and was just ROARING at the crowd? I think it would make an awesome shot. I just don't know if anybody got it.

JuliquE
07-04-2011, 04:21 AM
Great victory, great game, it's all been said before, BUT....I've gotta pick a bone with Yourassofsky (sp?). I know he scored the winner but I was SO frustrated with him throughout the match. He holds on to the ball way too long even when being triple teamed.

He seemed like a very competent fullback at the start of the season but I have very little confidence in him when he's playing in a midfield field role. I'll settle that he's a decent utility player but he's too selfish to be part of a winning formula in the starting XI. Hopefully he reverts back to LB or bench now that our DP's are on the way.
To be fair, he started the play off, on the goal; the triple-team he drew may have given de Guzman enough space to make that solid cross-field ball over to Plata, without too much pressure.

__wowza
07-04-2011, 08:16 AM
MY POST GAME STORY:

when yourass scored the second goal, i screamed. i screamed because we had dozens of chances before, but this one had gone in and the angle had clearly indicated that the linesman had no objection to the goal. it was completely accidental, i didn't mean to scream.. it just came out. anyways, long story short, my flatmate was getting a blowjob from his new(ish) girlfriend. when i screamed our cat, who had happened to be in his closet, got scared, ran across the bed where they were on, and slammed into the closed door.

the combination of me screaming and the terrified cat running across the bed and slamming into the door at full speed caused her to bite down on his dick.

and that there, my friends, is the true meaning of the NCC..

rocker
07-04-2011, 12:21 PM
ahahhahahahah

bertal
07-04-2011, 12:36 PM
oh my goodness... LMAO

Fort York Redcoat
07-04-2011, 12:37 PM
how many times did forrest mention that tfc have got there tails up...holy fuck,,,

He's done. Abso-fucking-lutely done. Out to pasture, please. Anyone want his job? Serioux? This bitter man needs to step aside and let the game grow without him. He's actually hurting it.

Shakes McQueen
07-04-2011, 01:25 PM
MY POST GAME STORY:

when yourass scored the second goal, i screamed. i screamed because we had dozens of chances before, but this one had gone in and the angle had clearly indicated that the linesman had no objection to the goal. it was completely accidental, i didn't mean to scream.. it just came out. anyways, long story short, my flatmate was getting a blowjob from his new(ish) girlfriend. when i screamed our cat, who had happened to be in his closet, got scared, ran across the bed where they were on, and slammed into the closed door.

the combination of me screaming and the terrified cat running across the bed and slamming into the door at full speed caused her to bite down on his dick.

You just caused my boss to run into my office, and ask me what was so funny, haha.

- Scott

Boondaddy
07-04-2011, 01:53 PM

that is my RPB KW Company scarf Winter is wearing...I chucked it at him when he came over!

Does anyone have a closeup of AW that clearly shows the KWC logo?

Thanks! :scarf:

TorontoGooner
07-04-2011, 02:15 PM
MY POST GAME STORY:

Posts like this should come with a warning. I just chucked a can of coke all over the desk with laughter

Boondaddy
07-04-2011, 02:22 PM
^ biting only adds to the pleasure (within reason).

TFCRegina
07-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, that's the 2nd time I read that, and i lol'd just as hard the 2nd time around.

Oldtimer
07-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Sounds like Vancouver, despite people here saying what great management they have, blah, blah, blah early in the year, have ended up with their version of Mo:

My points of what damage Soehn has done to VWFC
OldFan (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/profile/1160/OldFan) July 2 Posts: 66 (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1)

1 - assembled a very average squad (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1)2 - over-estimated said squad (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1)
3 - put his own personal ambition to be the "on field" manager ahead of the good of the club (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1)
4 - had Teitur sacked for his own personal agenda (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1)
5 - blatantly lied to all supporters and the public about his true intentions. And then further lied by saying a simple change in tactics would change the teams results (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1)
6 - will not admit he built a sub-standard squad; and instead keeps making excuses like blaming the manager or tactics (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1)
7 - punted Jay Nolly for an over-the-hill castoff simply because Tommy wanted to prove his expansion picks were better than Teitur's choices (again his own personal ego and agenda) (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1)
8- claimed putting Davide in a different position would lead to better results... well, it hasn't (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1)
9- has ruined the chemistry of the club through his own personal ambitions; even his captain is giving up and not putting in a full effort any more. The team has basically quit on Soehn and the club. (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1)
10 - remains arrogantly thinking that he is the solution and not part of the problem (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1)

(http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1)
I could go on.. but 10 is a nice round number. (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1)

(http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1)
It amazes me that so many educated and informed supporters are blind to Soehn's complete destruction of our club and are blindly supporting him. I tried to be the voice of reason on Soehn, and warned a lot of people things would get worse with him as the on field manager. I have been proven to be right. (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1)

I also remember last year when he was signed; that on some message boards they were making fun of us for taking this guy. I think we know why now. (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1)

His personal agenda is going to ravage this clubs finances as I do not think they will have a hope of getting even 10,000 season ticket holders next year. They will be desperately trying to sell match packs to get the stadium full. (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1)
http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/809/my-points-of-what-damage-soehn-has-done-to-vwfc/p1

CEndersby (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/profile/66/CEndersby) July 4

Posts: 62 (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/21762/#Comment_21762)

Here's what I found a quote from a DC United supporter who created a facebook group about Soehn: (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/21762/#Comment_21762)" (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/21762/#Comment_21762)
In 2006, DC United hired Tom Soehn to replace Peter Nowak as head coach. Since that time, the team has experienced some minimal success, but more importantly, massively profound failures. Among those failures are: an embarrassing 2007 playoff loss to the Chicago Fire in which DC lost two legs in the 1st round after winning the MLS Supporters' Shield; two consecutive years of abhorrent play in the CONCACAF Champions League that left DC United at the bottom of their respective group each time; and finally, an embarrassing loss on their home field to the Seattle Sounders (an MLS expansion team mind you) that cost them their defense of the US Open Cup trophy.

The above level of failure is not acceptable for a team with as wonderful a history of excellence as DC United has. Hence, this group has been started for all DC United fans who feel that Tom Soehn is a poor tactician, a poor influence on clubhouse chemistry, a poor overall coach, and thus should be fired as coach of DC United (and will not rest peacefully until he is)." (http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/21762/#Comment_21762)

http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/678/should-soehn-get-the-sack-if-we-dont-win-the-vs-cup/p1

ManUtd4ever
07-05-2011, 02:21 PM
I have to agree with the Southsiders. Although the Whitecaps struggled under Thordarson, at least they were competitive in several matches that I watched on television. The level of play of that club has dropped off considerably since Soehn took over without question. Based on the body language of the players during recent matches, I'm not so sure that the coaching change was a popular decision in their locker room.

Oh well, it couldn't have happened to a better fan base. :D

ExiledRed
07-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Vancouver started well, there's no denying that their 4-2 demolition of us and the 3-3 comeback that followed was a fairy tale start in MLS.
What happened next is by no means an indication that first year teams must struggle and suck..
Vancouver didn't have to crash and burn. Neither did we.

ag futbol
07-05-2011, 02:39 PM
I am by no means a Soehn fan but you don’t have to look very far for somewhat reasonable counterpoints to those arguments. So while I think he's bad, he's more like average bad, as opposed to Mo Johnston bad. That’s not to say anything about Teitur Thordarson, but I don’t think he was ever much of an answer. He was very much at the USL level tactically, he had disaster written all over him at this level. Moral of the story is really that their “superstar management team” was never that great in the first place.

Whitecaps problem = too many USL leftovers and a weak backline / GKs

Roogsy
07-05-2011, 03:05 PM
I have to agree with their concerns about Soehn though. To be perfectly honest, I don't think Teitur Tots loses that game to us. Soehn's selections have been headscratchers. Couple that with his debacle at DCU and I have to think there is some merit to the belief that he is as incompetent as Mo.

Whoop
07-05-2011, 03:10 PM
But doesn't Tom Soehn have MLS experience? ;)

He was a disaster in DC so I'm surprised someone supposedly as knowledgeable as Paul Barber and Bob Lenarduzzi would hire him.

ExiledRed
07-05-2011, 03:22 PM
But doesn't Tom Soehn have MLS experience? ;)

He was a disaster in DC so I'm surprised someone supposedly as knowledgeable as Paul Barber and Bob Lenarduzzi would hire him.

Mo and Preki both had MLS experience.

Neither had proven themselves when they were hired, (Preki's ridiculous coach of the year award, sets the bar a bit low IMO)

Without too much personal insight into DC, is two open cups and a supporters shield really a 'disaster'?

Oldtimer
07-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Open Cup < Voyageur's Cup. So many clubs field their "B" sides, it doesn't really count for anything.

The supporter's shield in 2007 is really due to the squad Peter Nowak had assembled previously. It's really a stretch to say it was a result of Soehn's "brilliant" coaching.

BTW, Preki was better regarded than Soehn, prior to his stint with TFC.

Soehn undid a lot of the fine work that Nowak had done. I was a DC fan during the Nowak era, it was sad to see how a once dominant club in MLS (which is really hard to be given the cap) declined.

ag futbol
07-05-2011, 03:44 PM
I have to agree with their concerns about Soehn though. To be perfectly honest, I don't think Teitur Tots loses that game to us. Soehn's selections have been headscratchers. Couple that with his debacle at DCU and I have to think there is some merit to the belief that he is as incompetent as Mo.
Ya fair point. Given his track record I think it's fair to say TT could have taken points off us, but I really don't think he's a great coach by any stretch. Definitely not enough to second guess canning the guy like they are currently (unless Soehn is the permanent replacement).

As for DCU, I find it a little bit odd all the blame goes to Soehn for the failure while the credit for the success goes to somebody else (Kevin Payne). I think it's reasonable to acknowledge that Soehn had something less than full control of the process. They stuck to the 3-5-2 (as club policy) and held onto the wrong players for wayy too long. Their scouting policy quickly became antiquated as well. That's the kind of thing Payne needs to take responsibility for as well.

Soehn definitely had his share of screwups, but on at least some level he's achieved more than Johnston ever will (that's a pretty high bar for dysfunction).

Providing the Whitecaps have no grand plans to make him the full time guy, he's probably ok as the caretaker until end of this year.

Oldtimer
07-05-2011, 03:50 PM
^ True that Payne deserves his share of the blame, just like Mo wasn't responsible for Carver taking off.

ExiledRed
07-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Open Cup < Voyageur's Cup. So many clubs field their "B" sides, it doesn't really count for anything.

except a CL berth right?

I cant see how a 40 team tournament is easier to win than a 4 team tournament however you spin it.

Its a given that TFC fielding its regular lineup, would not have won this competition once in the last four years, if it were allowed to enter.

The supporter's shield in 2007 is really due to the squad Peter Nowak had assembled previously. It's really a stretch to say it was a result of Soehn's "brilliant" coaching.

Thats OK, because I didnt, and neither did anyone else, although Im sure it could be debated that the coach had some input that season and is responsible for more than just assembling the team.

Im not defending Soehn anyway, the guys obviously a tit.

Beach_Red
07-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Providing the Whitecaps have no grand plans to make him the full time guy, he's probably ok as the caretaker until end of this year.

Yeah, this is really the issue. Comparisons never work perfectly, but this isn't a Soehn-Mo comparison it's a Vancouver management-TFC management comparison. So, if vancouver have to go outside the organization and hire a consultant to get them a coach (and DP signings) at the end of this year then they'll be a lot closer to TFC. But I hope they don't, I hope they struggle and lose.

And in the meantime, we finally have that NO EXCUSES FOOTBALL Carts was looking for and we'll no longer have to hear about any previous regimes and inherited rosters and contract negotiations. For the first time in the team's history they didn't wait till it was too late to make some moves, they've spent all the money they have and got the players they want (well, it's MLS so they'll always be some "filler" players on the roster but TFC's are no worse than any other team's).

ensco
07-05-2011, 04:31 PM
No point talking about Mo and Soehn - there's no parallel. At this point in our 2007 season Mo probably had a 95% approval rating (not counting Glaswegians).

He had a team that had rebounded from an 0-4 start to go 5-3-2, and looked exceedingly dangerous. He had overcome having to deal a large number of players who didn't want to be here, and had just picked up the league's alltime leading scorer.

Whoop
07-05-2011, 04:42 PM
At the end of the day it's all a case of what have you done for me lately.

Oldtimer
07-05-2011, 05:57 PM
At the end of the day it's all a case of what have you done for me lately.

yep.

And Vancouver Southsiders are not a happy bunch. They expected to win the V-Cup and have that CCL run, plus also make the playoffs in year 1. After all, their rival Seattle did quite well.

Petor
07-05-2011, 06:36 PM
On a happier note I just posted another video to youtube :p
It was a happy day, maybe my happy place for a while. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znb5I1ZcUEc&hd=1

Shakes McQueen
07-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Just watched the game again tonight on my PVR - the pass from JDG leading up to that Yourassowsky goal is BEAUTIFUL.

What a fun game to watch. Lots of chances, some good passing, and our team wins.

- Scott

ChrisFizik
07-05-2011, 10:38 PM
gettin in here before we move on to next match... feel the energy

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6005/5903548944_e79f812063.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5077/5903006123_6d6a6b2332.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5278/5903011271_5ab5132421.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6008/5903644158_db50e0498b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5312/5903087755_d3b44370fc.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6018/5903652254_d15b17cf10.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6020/5903109889_96e8f8ffb8.jpg

ChrisFizik
07-05-2011, 10:45 PM
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6008/5903112089_8939ffe46a.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6026/5903685812_927c55dd99.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6051/5903172475_e7876776d4.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6099/5903700056_9c2600cc17.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6038/5903144525_968c48796b.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6036/5903677156_103e08deff.jpg

Props to all that make things happen on match day.. banner/flag wavers (sorry not better pics of the banners, but busy wavin...they were our atmosphere!), tailgate crew kicking things off proper, drum kru...

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5077/5903150553_e37410b310.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5238/5903152687_82d51d29b1.jpg

Alonso
07-06-2011, 12:02 AM
On a happier note I just posted another video to youtube :p
It was a happy day, maybe my happy place for a while. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znb5I1ZcUEc&hd=1

YES!!!

Love that chant

Phil
07-06-2011, 07:08 PM
It may already be posted but just incase, the full version:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6001/5910063531_90d51012ed_b.jpg

ChrisFizik
07-06-2011, 07:27 PM
unbelievable shot. I mean, who sets up the timing for that shot so well!? PRO!

jaahuuu
07-06-2011, 07:38 PM
It may already be posted but just incase, the full version:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6001/5910063531_90d51012ed_b.jpg
Thanks, I didn't have anywhere to host it.

unbelievable shot. I mean, who sets up the timing for that shot so well!? PRO!
Luck, pure luck. I saw the ball rolling towards the net and quickly snapped the pic (hence Sulfur's head at the bottom of the shot), I didn't even see what happened until I looked at it closely. I've only had the camera about a week, I'm amazed I got anything at all.