PDA

View Full Version : 7:30 PM start - i thought it went well!

deltox
06-30-2011, 12:57 PM
As somone that travels in on the GO train from the east, having the game start on the 30 min mark was perfect. i didnt have to get to the game an hr early and i didnt have to wait an hr for the go train home.

thoughts?

West220Side
06-30-2011, 01:42 PM
As somone that travels in on the GO train from the east, having the game start on the 30 min mark was perfect. i didnt have to get to the game an hr early and i didnt have to wait an hr for the go train home.

thoughts?

Seemed the game starting late had a factor to do with it aswell, seemed that the game started five or ten minutes after it should have.

I also noticed even though the game ended with twenty minutes until the train arrived people were still gone. I don't think with the amount of people that left early they were all driving.

Roca
06-30-2011, 02:02 PM
I come in from the west, so I thought it was great as well. Didn't have to choose between arriving an hour early or missing the first minute, and a very short wait to get the train back after the game. I'd be in favour of starting on the half-hour all the time.

ExiledRed
06-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Sun in the eyes was brutal as ever, 8:00 start would have minimised this.

Alternatively put some kind of barrier over the northwest corner of the stadium, it must have looked like the south end was saluting the pitch the entire first half.

rocker
06-30-2011, 09:45 PM
i noted the 7:30 start to my father after the game. He agreed that it was ideal for us. We take the GO (6:40) from Mississauga and we got inside gate 1 at 7:05. Enough time to grab a sandwich and drink, eat, get in our seats for the anthem, and then the game started. And after the game we didn't have that 45 minute wait we usually have. Game ended at 9:30, we strolled over to the station, through the tunnel, and on to the platform by 9:42. Train came at 9:49. Home by 10:25.

RedsYNWA
07-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Half hour starts all the way

spe18
07-01-2011, 03:46 PM
I come in from the west, so I thought it was great as well. Didn't have to choose between arriving an hour early or missing the first minute, and a very short wait to get the train back after the game. I'd be in favour of starting on the half-hour all the time.

I totally agree with this! I come in from the east (Ajax)!!

Yeoman
07-01-2011, 05:43 PM
we were cutting it close coming from london
i don't know how anyone else could get there in time coming farther than us, and bravo to those that did