PDA

View Full Version : 403 = Hell

Shep
06-30-2011, 01:16 AM
So todays match ended up taking 11 hours from start to finish,we left London at 3, had a decent drive in, stopped once for a bit - not too bad, left BMO at 9:45ish, dropped a buddy off in Mississauga and took the 403 back... 4 1/2 HOUR DRIVE!!

They had the damn thing down to one lane 3 different times...

Felt like an away game lol.
Thank fck we won!!

:scarf:

/rant off

ExiledRed
06-30-2011, 01:34 AM
401 and 427 were sticky on the way in and worse on the way out.

I blame Katy Perry

FluSH
06-30-2011, 06:03 AM
That sounds like a nightmare...

Detroit_TFC
06-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Holy shit, thanks for the heads up. I'll check the road construction reports before I leave on Saturday.

prizby
06-30-2011, 08:14 AM
lakeshore was a nightmare too

London
06-30-2011, 08:47 AM
accident on lakeshore,

the construction shep was talking about, and the fact they sent 7 lanes of traffic into 1 lane on the 401 as well did not make for a fun trip home.

McBrace
06-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Take the 403 all the way to Trafalger and up to 401, worked like a charm last night.

We parked at Lamport and headed down King to the Jameson they actually had the on ramp open to get on the Gardner west bound....

London
06-30-2011, 08:54 AM
oh yeah, king st was also closed to outbound traffic due to construction

Roogsy
06-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Have you guys considered taking the Lakeshore GO Train to a station outside of the immediate Toronto area to avoid major traffic issues? Drive into Oakville or something, at least then you know your schedule pretty confidently, even if you decide to take a later train.

Parkdale
06-30-2011, 09:01 AM
traffic has been brutal this summer. Maybe I'm not used to it, but I can't remember it ever being this bad (on the south west side of Toronto)

you know who I blame? Kevvv. Oh and condos.

London
06-30-2011, 09:01 AM
^^^ yes

traffic is not usually bad like yesterday, it happens only like 1 time a year.

the added time of waiting for the train, the cost when you factor in multiple people in the car, it does not make sense to take the train.

i dont park at BMo and i usually get out fine

McBrace
06-30-2011, 09:02 AM
one day i hope to have a go from Kitchener right to BMO (for a reasonable cost) they have a new go train service starting next year but only two per day and no weekends.. All for the reasonable price of $15 one way, and only taking 2hours to get to Toronto...Its a start, but a long way off from it being the cheap and fast way to travel.

Alonso
06-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Take the 403 all the way to Trafalger and up to 401, worked like a charm last night.

We parked at Lamport and headed down King to the Jameson they actually had the on ramp open to get on the Gardner west bound....

I've done that before, and it works great but not as fast as just taking 427 to 401 and back to Kitchener.

Except the traffic was crap last night on 401. Must have been an accident or something, it took me 1:45 to get home last night.

Wish I would've checked the traffic report before leaving....

McBrace
06-30-2011, 09:04 AM
^^^ yes

traffic is not usually bad like yesterday, it happens only like 1 time a year.

the added time of waiting for the train, the cost when you factor in multiple people in the car, it does not make sense to take the train.

i dont park at BMo and i usually get out fine

^^ This..

Fun times driving to T.O. when they decide to work on all the major routes at the same time... :rolleyes:

Parkdale
06-30-2011, 09:05 AM
I rode home on a skateboard.

wheeeeeeee!

McBrace
06-30-2011, 09:07 AM
I've done that before, and it works great but not as fast as just taking 427 to 401 and back to Kitchener.

Except the traffic was crap last night on 401. Must have been an accident or something, it took me 1:45 to get home last night.

Wish I would've checked the traffic report before leaving....

I usually take the 427 to 401, but wasn't the 401 down to one lane last night for the bridge construction.. That was the reason I went the Trafalgar route.

Alonso
06-30-2011, 09:12 AM
traffic has been brutal this summer. Maybe I'm not used to it, but I can't remember it ever being this bad (on the south west side of Toronto)

you know who I blame? Kevvv. Oh and condos.

Yeah I've done this a few times and its great but adds an hour to my commute. I would go to Aldershot, drop off the car and take the GO right to BMO. It was great, but with more than 1 person not worth it since 2 tickets is $36 and that is more than the fuel for the trip costs. Take that into 4 or 5 people and its really not worth it.

Oh, and Eric, from what I've heard the GO Train will go down the Georgetown line north of the 401 and will only go to Union and not direct to BMO like the lakeshore line. So we'd also have to take TTC to BMO.

eustacchio
06-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Yesterday there was a Katy Perry concert, a Jays game and a TFC game among a number of other smaller things in the area.

Alonso
06-30-2011, 09:15 AM
I usually take the 427 to 401, but wasn't the 401 down to one lane last night for the bridge construction.. That was the reason I went the Trafalgar route.

That must have been it then, I wasn't aware that that was going to happen. I exited at Hurontario and then re-entered one exit further down and it was all clear after that.

McBrace
06-30-2011, 09:19 AM
Yeah I've done this a few times and its great but adds an hour to my commute. I would go to Aldershot, drop off the car and take the GO right to BMO. It was great, but with more than 1 person not worth it since 2 tickets is $36 and that is more than the fuel for the trip costs. Take that into 4 or 5 people and its really not worth it.

Oh, and Eric, from what I've heard the GO Train will go down the Georgetown line north of the 401 and will only go to Union and not direct to BMO like the lakeshore line. So we'd also have to take TTC to BMO.

BALLS...

London
06-30-2011, 09:21 AM
i was also dissapointed when i heard the go will not go to BMO, we will have to transfer at union.

i cant see it being worth it in the long run.

i can take VIA for 36 bucks, that is far better than the go BUS that i will have to take

Parkdale
06-30-2011, 09:23 AM
a coworker of mine take the GO train in and some mornings it doesn't stop at Exhibition, so he either rides back one stop from union, or catches the TTC from Union along Queens Quay (the LRT) and into the ex grounds (or up spadina)

McBrace
06-30-2011, 09:27 AM
Well I guess the car it is then... If they plan to charge $30 round trip from Kitchener to Toronto, for my Family of 4 that's $120 each match day, plus the cost off TTC to the EX..Fuck I could almost rent a limo for that price. What a joke....

Boondaddy
06-30-2011, 09:44 AM
one day i hope to have a go from Kitchener right to BMO (for a reasonable cost) they have a new go train service starting next year but only two per day and no weekends.. All for the reasonable price of $15 one way, and only taking 2hours to get to Toronto...Its a start, but a long way off from it being the cheap and fast way to travel.

not bad if you wanna get leathered during the week....:drinking:

Boondaddy
06-30-2011, 09:47 AM

we went that way and don't recall any problems....then again, I can't exactly remember the ride home.

BOOOOOPIIIIIIIII!!!

Boondaddy
06-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Well I guess the car it is then... If they plan to charge $30 round trip from Kitchener to Toronto, for my Family of 4 that's $120 each match day, plus the cost off TTC to the EX..Fuck I could almost rent a limo for that price. What a joke....

now we're talkin...

McBrace
06-30-2011, 10:20 AM
we went that way and don't recall any problems....then again, I can't exactly remember the ride home.

BOOOOOPIIIIIIIII!!!

Saw the Pics...LOL...

TFCin110
06-30-2011, 10:27 AM
The QEW to Niagara wasn't much better. Nirmally a one and half hour drive, it took me two and a half hours. The lowlights? Getting pushed down to 1 lane twice and then getting push off the highway in St.Catharines because some poor bugger decided to jump on to the highway from the overpass. My dad and I managed to just get passed there when they had covered the body and its parts. Its not something I ever want to see again. Worst drive home from TFC EVER!

TFC Via Buffalo
06-30-2011, 10:30 AM
HOLY SHIT!!!! I was going to come on here and rant and rave about it too. The usual way of travel for me is to get on the 403 from the QEW and get off at Royal Windsor Dr. and take Lake Shore all the way to the stadium. No problems yesterday. Coming back, that one lane bullshit on the 403 was a nightmare. And just when you thought you were through it, they shifted all the work to the right side and it went to one lane again. Then, it shifted you off the QEW near St. Cathrines for a few minutes. If we didn't win, I would have been driving on shoulders and over fresh pavement and possibly gotten arrested.

TFC Via Buffalo
06-30-2011, 10:31 AM
The QEW to Niagara wasn't much better. Nirmally a one and half hour drive, it took me two and a half hours. The lowlights? Getting pushed down to 1 lane twice and then getting push off the highway in St.Catharines because some poor bugger decided to jump on to the highway from the overpass. My dad and I managed to just get passed there when they had covered the body and its parts. Its not something I ever want to see again. Worst drive home from TFC EVER!

That's what happened? Ugh. I agree. That is easily the worst drive back I've had in 5 years.

Shep
06-30-2011, 12:03 PM
I edited out the part where we saw 4 cruisers pulled over with a car in the construction lane, cop inside checking out the seats... and the license plate was clearly a TFC supporter. Probably a plate someone here is familiar with. Was going to ask who it was, but thought I'd best leave the plate number off the thread.

anyone have a story to tell about being pulled over last night? :D

jazzy
06-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Holy shit, thanks for the heads up. I'll check the road construction reports before I leave on Saturday.

AND don't forget Jays are playing Philly at skydome and Holliday is pitching maybe 30,000 to 40,000+ for that...it will be a nightmare..

AmherstNY_TFC
06-30-2011, 12:22 PM
I thought I was so slick parking at Ontario Place. I should have known it would be bad when the Jameson on-ramp westbound was closed. The three lane shifts on the 403/QEW not good times. At least, by the time I got to the St. Catharines Skyway it was a short detour (I assumed it was a fatality).

Note to self: now that summer's here, time to take the GO Train.

Roogsy
06-30-2011, 12:24 PM
I wish they'd put a bridge between downtown Toronto and Hamilton. The Golden Horseshoe traffic is a mess.

TFC Via Buffalo
06-30-2011, 12:40 PM
I edited out the part where we saw 4 cruisers pulled over with a car in the construction lane, cop inside checking out the seats... and the license plate was clearly a TFC supporter. Probably a plate someone here is familiar with. Was going to ask who it was, but thought I'd best leave the plate number off the thread.

anyone have a story to tell about being pulled over last night? :D

I saw that guy too. He had on Dichio jersey, right? I saw as he was being led into the car. We must have been driving almost right near each other.

GBV
06-30-2011, 02:20 PM

And the Jays play at 1 p.m. Saturday.
And I believe Halladay is pitching for Philly.
So likely a big crowd there for it.

Parkdale
06-30-2011, 02:52 PM
I saw that guy too. He had on Dichio jersey, right? I saw as he was being led into the car. We must have been driving almost right near each other.

are you saying Dichio got arrested? someone call mlsrumors !

:D

james
06-30-2011, 06:28 PM

$15 one way WOWWW...i think thats just a waste of money. $20 return tops id think id pay. And 2 trains a day?? thats shit, tho apparently maybe 15 years ago trains only went to Burlington 2 times a day similar to that. Tho it is a very slow process i think one day it will become a normal train ride daily. Tho After riding on trains in England you just see how much further ahead they are. There trains travel much further distances and faster then that and often leaving every 15 mins....the rate were going we may have a service as good as theres in 30-50 years! lol

james
06-30-2011, 06:31 PM
I wish they'd put a bridge between downtown Toronto and Hamilton. The Golden Horseshoe traffic is a mess.

Building more roads aint the solution, Toronto has to many roads as is and would become just as busy as the QEW or 401. A better easier solution...build a straight GO train route...Downtown Toronto to Downtown Hamilton....this should be a reguler route daily and should of been done years ago, its crazy the thot to me that this still hasnt happened.

jazzy
06-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Building more roads aint the solution, Toronto has to many roads as is and would become just as busy as the QEW or 401. A better easier solution...build a straight GO train route...Downtown Toronto to Downtown Hamilton....this should be a reguler route daily and should of been done years ago, its crazy the thot to me that this still hasnt happened.

no instead of bridge .....think tunnel

TFCin110
06-30-2011, 08:20 PM
That's what happened? Ugh. I agree. That is easily the worst drive back I've had in 5 years.

Ya unreal. I was losing my mind. It drives me crazy that they would decide last night, with 3 major events going, would be a good night to push traffic down to 1 lane. Ya man, found out what happened in St.Catharines when I got home. What a terrible situation.

Police investigate bridge deaths

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3195450