PDA

View Full Version : NCC Comedy Material

TFCRegina
06-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Well, that's how I treat it anyway.

A lone Vancouver crazy has been ranting pretty much since the start of the season about the NCC, CSA and TFC. Specifically about how CSA and TFC have a "special" relationship.

I encourage you all to join in on the reading. There's some pure comedy gold in these threads, generally from the crazy first, and the responders second.

Starts with this:
http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?42019-Clearly-Canadian

Then goes to this:
http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?42422-The-CSA-s-nepotism-towrads-the-TFC.

Ending with this:
http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?42465-Help

Roogsy
06-28-2011, 11:03 PM
I read the word "poppycock" more than I feel comfortable with.

TFCRegina
06-28-2011, 11:04 PM
I read the word "poppycock" more than I feel comfortable with.

I think it was in there once. You have pretty low tolerance ;)

My favourite part is when he suggests that TFC players should have taken pitchforks out in a lightning storm to wreck the multi-million dollar pitch so they could drain water off of it.

s2cazz
06-29-2011, 12:06 AM
Last two people I would have expected to be trolling some random guy on the internet.

/sarcasm lol

I guess strollers gonna stroll
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/7a87a55a-74bc-45ae-8247-d464518cd4dd.gif

Brooker
06-29-2011, 12:12 AM
http://www.at-you.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/78268-haters.gif

TOBOR !
06-29-2011, 07:11 AM
It would be a devastating blow to Canadian soccer if the FC Edmonton defeated a club like Manchester United or Real Madrid in next year’s Club World Cup final only to have the European club cry foul and have the championship taken away from them.

uh, yeah...

Ageroo
06-29-2011, 07:36 AM
wow...those were the most entertaining threads I've read in a while........Towrads Unite! :)

__wowza
06-29-2011, 08:18 AM
im signing up to mock him. :D

Cashcleaner
06-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Rudi's short two-sentence answer is fucking gold right after the OP's first multi-paragraph rant of total bullshit.

Technorgasm
06-29-2011, 08:30 AM
we don't care what the animals say..
what the hell do we care?
For we only know
that there's gonna be a show
and the Reds from Toronto will be there!

tfcleeds
06-29-2011, 08:35 AM
That last post of his made my head hurt.

Azerban
06-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Oh, I almost forgot. Just more more question about the lightning. (that kinda sounds like Detective Columbo) How many people actually got struck by lightning in Toronto on the night in question? How many actually died from getting hit by lightning in Toronto on the night in question? I know. That was two questions. God bless Mont Pete, our beloved saviour.

Gazza
06-29-2011, 09:12 AM
Hopefully that man finds the help he so desperately needs.

drewski
06-29-2011, 09:32 AM
there is no :facepalm: big enough to convey my feelings.

MartinUtd
06-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Even this doesn't quite do it :picard:

Ageroo
06-29-2011, 09:52 AM
This might not even either....

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh288/krispos42/Unsorted/MassFacepalm.jpg

drewski
06-29-2011, 10:05 AM
...or this...

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w179/random1301/facepalm-1-1.jpg

TFCRegina
06-29-2011, 10:14 AM
As our great CSA General Secretary - Mont Pete (where did he get such a fancy designation from?) shared in the provisions he had taken for the safety regarding all concerned in the event of lightning, how could he have overlooked giving the Toronto fire department a call? Surely renting two fire truck on a slow night for firefighters would be cheaper than having to put up the whitecaps for an extra match?

Apparently firefighters stop lightning?!?!?

phonzo
06-29-2011, 10:18 AM
the bitterness of us winning against montreal while their players watched to pick up the cup is strong in them. LOL..CSA allowed montreal to field reserves...since when does the CSA dictate to a team the roster they are to play?

MartinUtd
06-29-2011, 10:20 AM
the bitterness of us winning against montreal while their players watched to pick up the cup is strong in them. LOL..CSA allowed montreal to field reserves...since when does the CSA dictate to a team the roster they are to play?

The funniest part is they lost the league match against Montreal a few days after.

Ageroo

The CSA is all powerful.....don't you know. They can cause droughts, change weather and affect the stock market with their moves. I thought you were in the loop? :D

__wowza
there is no :facepalm: big enough to convey my feelings.

Even this doesn't quite do it :picard:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6bBvHk5V_liApMH1pvwzFa7msZijIx 89cfsDyF-0yJA6BA2RWAQ

TOWRADS UNITE!!

Azerban
Apparently firefighters stop lightning?!?!?

that's to drain the field; he's already stated he didn't care if someone died as long as the game continued

Ageroo
06-29-2011, 10:22 AM
that's to drain the field; he's already stated he didn't care if someone died as long as the game continued

Maybe we can find him.......he stated somewhere in one of those threads asking if Saturday's tickets will be honored....maybe he will be making the trip again to BMO. Maybe that is why he is so bitter...this trip is costing him a fortune.

TFCRegina
06-29-2011, 10:28 AM
The CSA is all powerful.....don't you know. They can cause droughts, change weather and affect the stock market with their moves. I thought you were in the loop? :D

I thought it was the TOWRADS that were all powerful :D :D :D

Auzzy
06-29-2011, 10:29 AM

The funniest part is they lost the league match against Montreal a few days after.

Even funnier: I did some research back then. I think the supposed Montreal "reserves" for Montreal weren't really so far off from their regular line-up. As far as I remember, a Montreal line-up very similar to the one that lost to TFC in the NCC, ended up beating Vancouver in a USL cup or playoff game later the same season. I can't remember where I researched & wrote that, I should look it up.

TFCRegina
06-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Even funnier: I did some research back then. I think the supposed Montreal "reserves" for Montreal weren't really so far off from their regular line-up. As far as I remember, a Montreal line-up very similar to the one that lost to TFC in the NCC, ended up beating Vancouver in a USL cup or playoff game later the same season. I can't remember where I researched & wrote that, I should look it up.

I think it was only 5 out of the starting XI were "Reserves" players. By reserves players i mean guys who usually start on the bench for Montreal and not guys who were honest to god, never seen the first team ever players.

Auzzy
06-29-2011, 10:34 AM
I think it was only 5 out of the starting XI were "Reserves" players. By reserves players i mean guys who usually start on the bench for Montreal and not guys who were honest to god, never seen the first team ever players.

Yes, that sounds about right, and I think when the NCC game started going bad for Montreal, they subbed in further 1st-string players.

EDIT And if they hadn't played a handful of 2nd-string players for the NCC match which was meaningless for Montreal, it would have been pretty stupid considering their league match vs. Vancouver 3 days later.

Now I admit, the NCC & USL league scheduling was pretty stupid in that case, they really set things poorly (considering also that Vancouver had at least a week off before the same crucial USL league match vs Montreal).

ExiledRed
06-29-2011, 11:08 AM
It would be a devastating blow to Canadian soccer if the FC Edmonton defeated a club like Manchester United or Real Madrid in next year’s Club World Cup final only to have the European club cry foul and have the championship taken away from them.

Did someone actually write this?

Could you imagine?

Yohan
06-29-2011, 11:22 AM
4 mtl starters were injured and 1 was away for compassionate reason for that 09 game

Cashcleaner
06-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Oh, I almost forgot. Just more more question about the lightning. (that kinda sounds like Detective Columbo) How many people actually got struck by lightning in Toronto on the night in question? How many actually died from getting hit by lightning in Toronto on the night in question? I know. That was two questions. God bless Mont Pete, our beloved saviour.

As far as I'm aware, nobody in Toronto was struck by lightening that night. Probably because most people were indoors and not running around a wet pitch in the middle of a fucking electrical storm. :)

eustacchio
06-29-2011, 11:36 AM
^ a lot of us were in the north end stands, mind you

MartinUtd
06-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Not according to Duane Whatshisface...

romburgundy
06-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Lets not be too hard here on our happy little friend. He may have a few good points in his... ra...

Nope I just checked again and its all bullshit. Carry on:hump:

drewski
06-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Did someone actually write this?

Could you imagine?

it could happen

if they fielded their U9 players :facepalm:

TFCRegina
06-29-2011, 03:28 PM
As far as I'm aware, nobody in Toronto was struck by lightening that night. Probably because most people were indoors and not running around a wet pitch in the middle of a fucking electrical storm. :)

Or standing on metal stands like a lightning rod. :)

prizby
07-02-2011, 04:53 PM
i wonder what he is going to bitch and complain about today

ag futbol
07-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Here's some good material from the G&M article:

B.C. Piker (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/community/?userid=61543672&plckUserId=61543672)

3:27 PM on July 2, 2011
Terrific. Another championship gifted to TFC by the CSA. Congrats you bloody red wankers.

razor787
07-02-2011, 07:18 PM
i wonder what he is going to bitch and complain about today

The grass was longer in their attacking 3rd. Alright to defend in, but makes scoring goals difficult.

TFCRegina
07-02-2011, 10:12 PM
The grass was longer in their attacking 3rd. Alright to defend in, but makes scoring goals difficult.

I'm sure Robert is blaming the CSA for not summoning a lightning storm to save the day.

As for the non-conspiracy theory Whitecaps supporters. Feel sorta bad for them. But only sorta.

DichioTFC
07-02-2011, 11:52 PM
If I were a neutral observer, I'd be interested to see the CSA use a random drawing for the next NCC. Obviously it doesn't benefit TFC to face anyone other than FC Edmonton, but I feel this is the most fair approach, from an objective perspective.

TFCRegina
07-02-2011, 11:58 PM
If I were a neutral observer, I'd be interested to see the CSA use a random drawing for the next NCC. Obviously it doesn't benefit TFC to face anyone other than FC Edmonton, but I feel this is the most fair approach, from an objective perspective.

I think the most fair approach is to seed teams based on their performances.

Yohan
07-03-2011, 06:00 AM
if 4 team in tourney, play one game vs other 3 teams, top two in standing face each other one more time in final for the trophy

Flipityflu
07-03-2011, 07:38 AM
I think Robert is completely right. His theory compliments what I have already discovered about TFC. He is just scratching the surface.

TFC is just a front for something much more important. I will let you in on it.

In 1975, engineers constructing the old Exhibition Stadium noticed...irregularities with the soil. Trace radioactive elements were observed. A seismograph of the area turned up some...mysterious results that became classified. This leads to the following conclusion...THERE IS SOMETHING BURIED UNDERNEATH THE EX.

Now, we shoot forward in time to 2006. The Canadian government was finally in a position to excavate whatever is buried. However, they needed a cover story to explain the activity. The government worked with MLSE to construct a stadium on the site to cover the real activity going on underground. All MLSE had to do was operate a team in the stadium...hence TFC.

In 2009, as we were rejoicing the addition of natural grass, the government was content that the natural grass smoke screen was effective in disguising the moment when the excavation reached the buried object. It was obvious that the object itself...was not constructed by any known material from this planet.

Experts from around the world have visited this site, and are no closer to determining the secrets this object contains. On July 27th, a meeting is arranged at the site to determine the next course of action. Chairing the meeting is a Dr Juan Sebastian Huerra, a leading light in the study of 'interplanetary objects', who also happens to be from Nicaragua. However, to facilitate this meeting, the government had to come up with another cover. So, after talks with the CSA and CONCACAF, it was arranged to have Toronto FC play Real Esteli while the meeting is going on.

Unfortunately, the government did not take into account the horrible way that TFC would be managed by MLSE, and it became quite apparant that TFC was going to need help getting to the match. So, the Canadian government set up an elabarate plan to control the match. The underground drainage system below BMO was constantly pumped with water to flood the pitch. CF18's equiped with the latest in projection technology flew above the city, giving the impression of a massive electrical storm.

While successful in stopping the defeat, government officials realized that they needed to really help TFC get through, so they just went to the old standby...bride every offical involved. What they did not take into consideration was that organizations wanting to expose this secret also bribed the officals, which is what led to the fist half calls (the no goal in particular). The government, seeing what was happening, replaced the officals with carefully constructed robot dopplegangers, and the rest is history...

So, there you go, not all poppycock is it?

tfcleeds
07-03-2011, 07:46 AM
^The truth is out there....

Yeoman
07-03-2011, 08:25 AM
what the fuck? he wrote that?
shit i need to read this

koryo
07-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Well, that's how I treat it anyway.

A lone Vancouver crazy has been ranting pretty much since the start of the season about the NCC, CSA and TFC. Specifically about how CSA and TFC have a "special" relationship.

I encourage you all to join in on the reading. There's some pure comedy gold in these threads, generally from the crazy first, and the responders second.

Starts with this:
http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?42019-Clearly-Canadian

Then goes to this:
http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?42422-The-CSA-s-nepotism-towrads-the-TFC.

Ending with this:
http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?42465-Help

er... did I just read Mein Kampf?