PDA

View Full Version : FIFA Soccer 12 won't have all MLS teams (WTF?)

kodiakTFC
06-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Update:

EASPORTSFIFA EA SPORTS FIFA
There seems to be a bit of confusion around FIFA 12 and MLS. To clarify: All teams featured in this year's MLS season WILL be in the game.
35 minutes ago

http://www.news10.net/entertainment/gameguys/article/143396/99/EAs-Rutter-talks-about-MLS-FIFA-12

While the game will have a number of MLS teams on-disk, not all of the clubs in the league will be represented. For fans of those teams which EA Sports decided to omit, an online tool for custom team creation can be found at www.EASportsFootball.com (http://www.easportsfootball.com/).

But even though not all of the professional soccer clubs of the MLS made the final cut, EA Sports and the FIFA 12 development team realize just how important North American soccer has become to the FIFA franchise.
Said Rutter, "North America is a very big deal as far as footsie's (soccer's) concerned."

Ossington Mental Youth
06-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Fucking retarded.
That really really bothers me.
I hope someone starts up a whatchamacallit

ArmenJBX
06-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Pathetic.
This always happens when EA gets ahead of Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer.
The quality just declines to shit, and instead of innovating and enhancing the experience, EA takes the one successful instalment of the series and milks the hell out of it.

FIFA 11 lost Brazil, arguably one of the most recognizable international teams in the world.

FIFA 12 has now lost MLS? Who's going to pick it up? And EA being Vancouver Whitecaps cheerleaders anyways, they'll drop TFC out of spite.

I've said it for a long time, make an MLS 2012 or whatever, and give me an authentic experience.

ACSertL
06-28-2011, 10:59 AM
He actually said "footsie".

kodiakTFC
06-28-2011, 11:02 AM
The gameplay in FIFA has gotten much better but this is just upsetting. I hope to hell this only means Montreal won't be in the game as that is expected anyways.

Carts
06-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Simple for me - I won't buy it...

In a massive minority I know - but I play FIFA in the manager mode, in the MLS to try and build the team up...

Ah well... :(

Stryker
06-28-2011, 11:27 AM
WHAT THE FUCK!!! That tard Rutter better just be talking about Montreal.

__wowza
06-28-2011, 11:34 AM
i've said this over and over again, why don't they sell league packs?
it's simple, you sell a bunch of packs you can download that have:

- team specific stadia
- team specific chants
- better player likeness (did you see dero last year?)
- individual player names
- team specific chants

i would love to play as TFC at BMO and have the commentators announce for players that actually look like who they're supposed to look like. all they would have to do is add packs to leagues like the MLS and people would buy them.

BS1327
06-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Probably on 3 teams made the cut...NY, LA (with Henry and Becks having a respectable rating of 98...) And of course Vancouver!

I play be a pro and start in MLS making my way to Europe!! f the leauge is not complete I will stick with 11 for another year!

Menelaos
06-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Simple for me - I won't buy it...

That.

ParadymeTFC
06-28-2011, 11:45 AM
It's not really EA's fault, their new engine just can't render how fucking terrible TFC is. I don't want the awesomeness that will be Fifa 12 to be dragged down by shit teams.

Cristiano14
06-28-2011, 11:49 AM
its also funny how the game play updates are marketed as: you can now "tackle", jostle" and "block shots" (which you could do in all installments of the game

kodiakTFC
06-28-2011, 11:55 AM
i've said this over and over again, why don't they sell league packs?
it's simple, you sell a bunch of packs you can download that have:

- team specific stadia
- team specific chants
- better player likeness (did you see dero last year?)
- individual player names
- team specific chants

i would love to play as TFC at BMO and have the commentators announce for players that actually look like who they're supposed to look like. all they would have to do is add packs to leagues like the MLS and people would buy them.

I like the idea of a better MLS/league atmosphere but don't like the idea of paying any more fees. I all ready buy the EPL roster weekly update thing.

It's not really EA's fault, their new engine just can't render how fucking terrible TFC is. I don't want the awesomeness that will be Fifa 12 to be dragged down by shit teams.

awesome.

leafsman
06-28-2011, 12:03 PM
it doesnt bother me, i have played maybe a couple games with mls teams in fifa 11

P-NUTZ
06-28-2011, 12:16 PM

haahahahahaha - too many bugs!

Carts
06-28-2011, 12:18 PM
its also funny how the game play updates are marketed as: you can now "tackle", jostle" and "block shots" (which you could do in all installments of the game

BAWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This just caused the awkward "laugh out loud in the office" moment for me...

And sadly, its funny b/c its true...

Carts...

Stouffville_RPB
06-28-2011, 12:31 PM
I just won't buy it. For the first time in a long time.

kodiakTFC
06-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Maybe they won't add TFC because the new Pro Player Intelligence AI can't figure our team out.

DangerRed
06-28-2011, 12:46 PM
I'll still buy it. The tackle physics are getting a total overhaul and I'm curious who they'll choose to replace Andy Gray.

I play manager mode extensively and MLS is a pain in the ass to coach anyway. After year 2, even if you've won the MLS Cup, you're still only being offered other MLS jobs 90 pct of the time.

Instead I coached Jagiellonia Bialystok (Poland) for a couple of seasons, then another Polish team, then Las Palmas in the Spanish second tier, got them promoted, and now I'm challenging for the La Liga title with Real Zaragoza. That's fucking cool.

I was also ranked top 1000 online in Canada at one point, but I'm not sure what that means given that probably not that many people own the game in Canada.

TOBOR !
06-28-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm still playing 2008... ah, Danny and the lads - them were the days, eh ?

Detroit_TFC
06-28-2011, 03:31 PM
It better have TFC. That's the only way I see TFC win. Not when I play as TFC, I can't play worth a damn, only when I play against TFC.

It seems so elementary to be that they would have enhanced league module add ons with league specific stadia, sound, etc. But their bean counters probably told them they wouldn't make any money on it.

ArmenJBX
06-28-2011, 03:45 PM
They also take licensing into account. PES has been stealing licenses left right and center, most notably with the UEFA Champions League.

Perhaps MLS exclusive licensing rights will be a PES feature

__wowza
06-28-2011, 04:19 PM
has anyone else played another MLS team online? it's fucking glorious.
i have my pre-selected team as TFC and the other night i caught a guy who was chelsea switch back to FC Dallas. we played to a stalemate (tied our rubber match but didn't want to go to a shootout because the shootout controls are a mess sometimes), but the entire match we were having a conversation about how you're always playing chelsea, or barca, or man u, or ac milan.

i get that these may be other teams you support, but it's always fun playing another MLS fan.

brad
06-28-2011, 04:28 PM
EA Sports just said on the FIFA twitter feed that all MLS teams will be in 12.

kodiakTFC
06-28-2011, 04:39 PM
has anyone else played another MLS team online? it's fucking glorious.
i have my pre-selected team as TFC and the other night i caught a guy who was chelsea switch back to FC Dallas. we played to a stalemate (tied our rubber match but didn't want to go to a shootout because the shootout controls are a mess sometimes), but the entire match we were having a conversation about how you're always playing chelsea, or barca, or man u, or ac milan.

i get that these may be other teams you support, but it's always fun playing another MLS fan.

I've found that if you leave your team as a lower star team for a few seconds, you can get lucky and the other person will switch to a lower star team too.

rocktml
06-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Guys guys in 2012 two new teams will enter MLS, Montreal and another. THEY will not be in the game however the rest will.

brad
06-28-2011, 05:00 PM
I've found that if you leave your team as a lower star team for a few seconds, you can get lucky and the other person will switch to a lower star team too.

If they don't, odds are pretty good you are going to be playing a 13 year old that is cheating with team loaded full all the best players.

Macksam
06-28-2011, 08:12 PM
I'll still buy it. The tackle physics are getting a total overhaul and I'm curious who they'll choose to replace Andy Gray.

I play manager mode extensively and MLS is a pain in the ass to coach anyway. After year 2, even if you've won the MLS Cup, you're still only being offered other MLS jobs 90 pct of the time.

Instead I coached Jagiellonia Bialystok (Poland) for a couple of seasons, then another Polish team, then Las Palmas in the Spanish second tier, got them promoted, and now I'm challenging for the La Liga title with Real Zaragoza. That's fucking cool.

I was also ranked top 1000 online in Canada at one point, but I'm not sure what that means given that probably not that many people own the game in Canada.

I doubt that. Even PES sells relatively well in Canada.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-28-2011, 08:31 PM
FIFA has tweeted its not true, theyll have all the teams

craigtfc
06-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Anyone know when the games release date is in canada?

TFCRegina
06-28-2011, 09:02 PM
BAWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This just caused the awkward "laugh out loud in the office" moment for me...

And sadly, its funny b/c its true...

Carts...

They seem to have the same business plan as TFC. I wonder if they'll be striking up a business partnership.

brad
06-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Anyone know when the games release date is in canada?

Sept 27

flambe
06-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Was playing FIFA 11 earlier tonight and none if the player names are there. Looks like they might have lost the licensing as Torres is now called Rosa and messi was manchini!

brad
06-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Was playing FIFA 11 earlier tonight and none if the player names are there. Looks like they might have lost the licensing as Torres is now called Rosa and messi was manchini!

Did you grab a squad update recently?

Interesting though. Having the legit licensing is what allowed FIFA to dominate Winning Eleven/PES when FIFA was far and away the inferior game.

ArmenJBX
06-28-2011, 10:48 PM

It's not.
That's a common player name glitch.
Just go to edit teams and hit Squads, then Reset All Squads

kodiakTFC
06-28-2011, 10:51 PM

It's to do with Ultimate Team.

As others have said, just download the latest squads

zeelaw
06-30-2011, 08:17 AM
EA Games are the biggest shitbags in the world if you know anything about gaming...

If this rumour was true they probably would have the rest of the teams as DLC...

__wowza
06-30-2011, 09:37 AM
EA Games are the biggest shitbags in the world if you know anything about gaming...

If this rumour was true they probably would have the rest of the teams as DLC...

i disagree. i genuinely do enjoy FIFA and NHL, but i don't have to buy them every year. i know the difference between a roster/kit update and a game with a wealth of improvements, and yeah, sometimes EA does get comfortable, but their days of just pumping out shit ended when sega's 2K series stepped in.

kodiakTFC
06-30-2011, 11:26 AM
i disagree. i genuinely do enjoy FIFA and NHL, but i don't have to buy them every year. i know the difference between a roster/kit update and a game with a wealth of improvements, and yeah, sometimes EA does get comfortable, but their days of just pumping out shit ended when sega's 2K series stepped in.

I agree for the most part, FIFA is a must buy every year. Despite only make a few changes, they have drastically improved the gameplay over the last two years and this years changes look even better. The impact engine and improved AI are huge deals and you may not really fathom their significance until you play the demo.

Also, two english commentary teams this year to choose from.

EDIT: Will admit that theres been minimal improvements to NHL. Last year I bought the game because they added the CHL but I see no purpose in buying NHL 12.

__wowza
06-30-2011, 12:48 PM
I agree for the most part, FIFA is a must buy every year. Despite only make a few changes, they have drastically improved the gameplay over the last two years and this years changes look even better. The impact engine and improved AI are huge deals and you may not really fathom their significance until you play the demo.

Also, two english commentary teams this year to choose from.

EDIT: Will admit that theres been minimal improvements to NHL. Last year I bought the game because they added the CHL but I see no purpose in buying NHL 12.

havent bought a new NHL since NHL 09. in retrospect, i couldve skipped over FIFA 11 and gone straight from 10 to 12. thats a blessing and a curse though, and the only reason i say that is because FIFA 10 was such a game changer that the improvements they made to 11 paled in comparison.

ginkster88
06-30-2011, 01:09 PM
^^^ NHL10 was worth it.

Way better than 09.

NHL11 is a piece of shit.

Blowing Bubbles
06-30-2011, 11:32 PM
i'm a Fifa noob but can you do the following:

you're in career mode and have gone through some transfer windows so your roster (and other rosters) are obviously different than default rosters.

Can you download an update to set all teams EXCEPT your own team to the latest most accurate real life rosters? Obv i don't want to buy an update if it's going to wipe out my team.

Stryker
07-01-2011, 12:14 AM
You cannot sir.