PDA

View Full Version : I am at your Service

crozack
06-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Anyone else get the email from your season ticket rep today?

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

what a joke.

shaggingscot
06-27-2011, 07:15 PM
I got one but they changed my rep. Figured that's why I got it.

Suds
06-27-2011, 07:28 PM
meh, not bothered either way

people get pissed when TFC don't reach out to fans and there will be people who are pissed and say it's too late

as someone who's working in sales and marketing his whole career I can say it's never too late to reach out to your customers ... listening to them is a whole other ballgame ;)

kodiakTFC
06-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Got one. I interviewed for that position.

kodiakTFC
06-27-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm not upset but I just don't see the purpose of me responding. If anything we should draft a letter with all supporters groups as co-signers to ask for a designated and self controlled supporters section.

DangerRed
06-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Got the same one. Hilarious how they think a form letter would appeal to the season-ticket holder base. I'm sure my rep's a nice guy, but i sure as shit won't be meeting up with him at the game like he's suggesting.

Yeoman
06-27-2011, 07:59 PM
why aren't they reaching out to former ticket holders like me
*storms off debates making thread*

menefreghista
06-27-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm a season ticket holder that doesn't receive any emails from TFC for some reason (this has gone on for about a year).

It amuses me that I didn't get this email.

Roogsy
06-28-2011, 12:11 AM
I won't begrudge a company doing what it should be doing in terms of customer service.

However, I must say that the decision to go with a form-letter is pretty bare minimum and lacklustre. What exactly are ticket reps handling these days that they can't be more concerned with relationship management? They should be doing personalized emails or even better, 1st hand contact.

TFCRegina
06-28-2011, 12:12 AM
How's this for some customer service?

You guys acquire some better players and start winning games.

Yagbod
06-28-2011, 12:17 AM
I'm a season ticket holder that doesn't receive any emails from TFC for some reason (this has gone on for about a year).

It amuses me that I didn't get this email.

This may work: open a Gmail account or something. Change your TFC email address to the new account and then have your new account forward the mail to your usual account.

Works for me.

Yagbod
06-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Weird, but from the other email that went out today I went to ticketsheister to see what sorts of seats were available for Van on Wed and there were two seats in the 12th row in 116. Shouldn't those be season's tickets? Perhaps they have thrown the TicketExchange tickets up on regular TM?

Suds
06-28-2011, 05:07 AM
How's this for some customer service?

You guys acquire some better players and start winning games.

Stop talking crazy talk. :D

London
06-28-2011, 07:41 AM
so my rep is lindsey, she is cute, i should respond to her like i want to date her and she how she responds

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/default/files/tfc_Kennedy.jpg

Menelaos
06-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Got it too.

He has already called me to introduce himself a while back. He couldn't do anything for me then, and he still can't do much. I fail to see the point.

I told him who I am, what I want and until he can help out with that, this is just spam to me.

Anyone else laugh at the bits of personal info? WTF do I care you went to 2 concerts recently?!?!

Nuvinho
06-28-2011, 07:42 AM
I won't begrudge a company doing what it should be doing in terms of customer service.

However, I must say that the decision to go with a form-letter is pretty bare minimum and lacklustre. What exactly are ticket reps handling these days that they can't be more concerned with relationship management? They should be doing personalized emails or even better, 1st hand contact.

personalized emails or even phone calls - phone calls maybe a little much, but if they want to retain their season ticketholder base they need to do it.

Cashcleaner
06-28-2011, 07:43 AM
so my rep is lindsey, she is cute, i should respond to her like i want to date her and she how she responds

Cold as ice. She's my rep as well and I don't like her.

mastermixer
06-28-2011, 07:43 AM
Although this can be seen as a nice attempt, it also shows that this team has a lot of work to do to win it's customers back.

greatwhitenorf
06-28-2011, 07:51 AM
We'll see how sincere David Barker is.

If there's a nice cuppa tea waiting at my seat tomorrow at 7pm - maybe a couple of those Peak Frean jam-cream cookies - it could be the start of something positive.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
06-28-2011, 07:52 AM
My email told me that Laura had a baby and that all of the account managers were available to assist me. This would have been more effective if they had of named one person as my account manager. Although I should take a poll on who is a good account manager and take advantage of this opportunity to upgrade to a better rep. Not that I really have anything to chat with them about other than my absolute displeasure the direction is taking and they can take their excuse of rebuilding and stick it up their asses.

Technorgasm
06-28-2011, 07:59 AM
I ehard all I need to hear:

"I am a die-hard Liverpool FC supporter "

http://image.mlsefanmail.com/lib/fed316717160047c/m/2/Conor.JPG
Conor Duncan
416-360-4625 Ext.
CDuncan@TorontoFC.ca

I for one appreciate this email and I honestly feel that TFC is a good deal as far as $$ goes. I wish for better results. . but my small investment gets me to spend countless hours with all of you. .

errr wait. . maybe its NOT such a good deal, I mean it does force me to associate with you reprobates and scoundrels. . . . FUCK!

I have never had anny issue with the workers at TFC, its not their fault, and John Driscol has delt with MANY problems for me over the last 5 years. a tough act to follow, including helping me with my re-location of my freinds seats WITHOUT a proxy agreement in place. really helped me out there.
Also he helped me find a lost item AND got my work a block of 14 tickets all together for a game by relocating some single ticket seats.

sully
06-28-2011, 08:06 AM
At best it's harmless, they are just doing their jobs. Like someone said, what's needed is a few better players and much better results on the field...

phonzo
06-28-2011, 08:13 AM
ya not quite sure why people are pissy...seeing as how many rage threads we have going on might as well focus rage there.

I appreciate the outreach regardless but it is the basic customer service. My guy went to go see the lion king recently...atta boy :thumbsup:

MartinUtd
06-28-2011, 08:38 AM

You should use this as an opportunity to express your displeasure and ask for a new rep.

What exactly left you with that impression anyway? My rep is Greig, very attentive and courteous.

Pinkie
06-28-2011, 08:39 AM
sigh people will always find a reason to bitch

i'm glad my dude introduced himself and that he enjoys frequenting patios.

i don't envy their jobs really...i mean do you really they can personally make sure tfc gets good players? or that they are personally involved in the rebuilding process? no. they are customer service representatives and thats it.

menefreghista
06-28-2011, 08:42 AM
I hate the way the club is run.

But I've always had good experiences when dealing with my account reps. And I've dealt with some of the other reps as well and they have also been helpful.

mastermixer
06-28-2011, 09:05 AM

If there's a nice cuppa tea waiting at my seat tomorrow at 7pm - maybe a couple of those Peak Frean jam-cream cookies - it could be the start of something positive.

Those cookies are the bomb :hump:

P-NUTZ
06-28-2011, 09:23 AM
got the same thing - but beat him to it when i called to ask what happened to useless john and got this guy on the phone who seemed annoyed wondering what i wanted.

i was surprised by his indifference and told him i have probably the most expensive seats in the stadium and i simply wanted to know what happened to the old guy and introduce myself. He suddenly became a little nicer but who the fuck cares.

in the end these people do fuk all except bill me and recieve payments. untill they serve any real purpose for me like some free swag or comps or something they can take their stupid letter and and shove it back into their in-box.

corp bullshit. empty words with no real action.

Nodoubtguy
06-28-2011, 09:25 AM
I for one appreciate this email and I honestly feel that TFC is a good deal as far as $$ goes. I wish for better results. . but my small investment gets me to spend countless hours with all of you. .

errr wait. . maybe its NOT such a good deal, I mean it does force me to associate with you reprobates and scoundrels. . . . FUCK!

I have never had anny issue with the workers at TFC, its not their fault, and John Driscol has delt with MANY problems for me over the last 5 years. a tough act to follow, including helping me with my re-location of my freinds seats WITHOUT a proxy agreement in place. really helped me out there.
Also he helped me find a lost item AND got my work a block of 14 tickets all together for a game by relocating some single ticket seats.

this....

While the footy is, ummmm, under par......my TFC experience is still something special.

As for the new rep, I have no reason to have anything against him. John Driscol was great for me and I am sad to see him leave. I hope Conor can be as easy to deal with.

Whoop
06-28-2011, 09:35 AM
I also echo the sentiments.

John Driscoll was someone I could not complain about from the TFC organization.

Always responded quickly to any inquires and very easy to deal with.

phonzo
06-28-2011, 09:40 AM
John Driscoll set me up with my seasons even though he wasn't my account rep at the time but apparently mine was nowhere to be found on seat location day. Driscoll wins

Suds
06-28-2011, 10:06 AM
John Driscoll set me up with my seasons even though he wasn't my account rep at the time but apparently mine was nowhere to be found on seat location day. Driscoll wins

whatever ... my rep can beat up your rep

London
06-28-2011, 10:35 AM

You should use this as an opportunity to express your displeasure and ask for a new rep.

What exactly left you with that impression anyway? My rep is Greig, very attentive and courteous.

she has been nice to me since she took over some of anton's accounts.

got fast responses from her everytime. i actually got nothing to complain about

Torontotonto
06-28-2011, 11:20 AM
this....

While the footy is, ummmm, under par......my TFC experience is still something special.

As for the new rep, I have no reason to have anything against him. John Driscol was great for me and I am sad to see him leave. I hope Conor can be as easy to deal with.

Conor is my new rep too, not sure what happened to John ? I also found his service was good.

My original rep from 07 (Matt O'brien) now has the toughest job I here.
Manager of Customer Satisfaction or something like that.

TOBOR !
06-28-2011, 12:41 PM

I don't know her, but I would like to know just what the HELL IS SO DAMN FUNNY ??!

ExiledRed
06-28-2011, 01:04 PM
We are writing on behalf of your TFC Account Representative, Laura Magee.
As you may already know Laura has recently had a baby girl named Sofia! They are both doing great and haven't missed a TFC match on television yet! She will be back with the team as your Account Representative next season but in the mean time please feel free to contact any member of the TFC service team at any time.

Congratulations to Laura and family!

Look forward to having you back next year, but take your time.

To the rest of you, how would you like to have your job performance evaluated by a bunch of twats, (no offense, but we are) in an online discussion forum?

Lets leave out scrutinising the individual performance of average workers doing their day-job, and stick to questioning the performance of the players and decision makers, who are actually responsible for your problems and get paid very well to be responsible for those problems.

flatpicker
06-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Congratulations to Laura and family!

Look forward to having you back next year, but take your time.

To the rest of you, how would you like to have your job performance evaluated by a bunch of twats, (no offense, but we are) in an online discussion forum?

Lets leave out scrutinising the individual performance of average workers doing their day-job, and stick to questioning the performance of the players and decision makers, who are actually responsible for your problems and get paid very well to be responsible for those problems.

Awesome.

As soon as I saw this thread I thought,"Great, another silly reason to bitch about TFC".

So I didn't read the thread... I had a feeling about how it might go.

But when I saw that you posted, I had to check it out, and I knew before reading that you probably came by to inject some common sense.

:D

TOBOR !
06-28-2011, 01:27 PM
^ Geez. Get a room.

flatpicker
06-28-2011, 01:29 PM
^ I'm an Exiled fan.

I have posters of him on my wall.

TOBOR !
06-28-2011, 01:37 PM
So, he is Bob McCown to your Robert Brunt.

Davenport
06-28-2011, 03:36 PM

A packet of Custard Creams for me ta.

Davenport
06-28-2011, 03:38 PM
I don't know her, but I would like to know just what the HELL IS SO DAMN FUNNY ??!
A Tom Anselmi press conference.

Parkdale
06-28-2011, 03:42 PM
yeah, I feel for those ticket reps.

They can do their job absolutely perfect, but still catch flack over things that are completely out of their hands (the teams performance, the price of tickets)

There's no point getting mad at the kid who pumps your gas because of the price of oil.

swan
06-28-2011, 04:28 PM
i don't have one but they are not all good as everyone is saying.. when they steal money from you by selling tickets that happened last year and say they cant do anything about it .. now thats bull..

P-NUTZ
06-28-2011, 04:34 PM

They can do their job absolutely perfect, but still catch flack over things that are completely out of their hands (the teams performance, the price of tickets)

There's no point getting mad at the kid who pumps your gas because of the price of oil.

no but he can check your oil, offer you a coupon or discount if the gas station puts one together, give you a complimentary car wash, free branded air freshener or tire pressure gauge, advise you of the benefits of a loyalty rewards program....ah forget it... if the kid goes beyond the call of duty to assess your needs, sends it up the ladder with determination, gets the organization to feed him back tools or permissions to service you better because of the price pay and the money you spend there....ah forget it again.

im not going to argue with parkie on this, but in the service industry people can always do more for unhappy customers to make them happier as a way to keep them from having to spend thier money elsewhere.

MLSE/TFC initiatives given to the frontline customer facing staff to satisfy thier customers are inadequate, short sighted and oblivious.

IMO.

:drinking:

MisterMacphisto
06-28-2011, 04:49 PM
I have no problems with the ticket reps. I had Driscol and he was really good.

I am really bothered by this marketing though. It just smacks of cheap platitudes and patronizing to their customers as another marketing bandage to some serious problems with the organization at a time when we are pretty much in last place and have gone through several extremely embarrassing loses, and we're in our 5th season of suckage.

I just can't stand getting official communication from MLSE with a "sky is all rosy" cutesy message when after 5 seasons, this is an organization in crisis.

Maybe, just maybe the focus shouldn't be on ticket rep relations etc... but the sole focus should be on getting this franchise on track.

If anything marketing related, try and do something to genuinely rebuild relationship with STH's and supporters like dropping prices on tickets.

scooter
06-28-2011, 04:53 PM
laura is my rep is she is great
glad to hear she has had a baby and all is well
yes its marketing but everyone does it and it would not be such a big deal if the team were doing better
lets go cheer and sing for the boys and let winter get us winning which i am sure he will -- cant wait for transfer window signings

Kooper
06-28-2011, 06:50 PM

Agreed. The difference here is that unlike the kid pumping gas the ticket reps can pass on our concerns to their bosses who hopefully will listen.

If you are going to bitch at them, I did, be polite. It isn't their fault that MLSE can't build a winning team. My rep Greig seems to really like the game and hates to see TFC lose as much as us. Well maybe more because when I go to work I don't have hear from everyone of my customers/suppliers how much the company sucked on TV Saturday night.

J .
06-28-2011, 07:25 PM
trolling against ticket reps. new low on this board.

RedRum
06-28-2011, 07:57 PM
ticket reps trolling STH's. new low for MLSE.

Fixed.

Yeoman
06-28-2011, 07:57 PM
they'll tear this league apart

ExiledRed
06-28-2011, 08:04 PM
This season has meme written all over it doesnt it?

canadian_bhoy
06-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Just send back a nice response.

Hi my name is (insert name here). You may be more familiar with my other name 'acct#2260143' or 'sucker'. I like long walks on the beach, holding hands, and I never say no to a peanut m&m.

In my spare time, I like to watch soccer, or as the Brits call it, football. I have season tickets to see Toronto FC. Well, I actually only have half seasons now because the price of my ticket is now more than double what it was only a few years ago. Now, I'm not a bandwagon jumper, but he team has been so bad for five years, it's pretty tough to care anymore.

I would also love more information about buying marlies tickets

Thanks!

J .
06-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Fixed.

haha, Im buying seasons if I can get into a supporters section, I personally hope many many people give up their seats so I get one and make up for not getting them when I had a chance in S1.

I think people are expecting too much.

Yeoman
06-28-2011, 08:18 PM
This season has meme written all over it doesnt it?

i'd prefer this personally
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Uzh6Lc3U3Ro/TYhdTi1N9lI/AAAAAAAALJk/AWuc0IBfwMY/s1600/Lemmings4.jpg

J .
06-28-2011, 08:21 PM
I think those lemming judges must be Winter supporters.

eustacchio
06-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Just send back a nice response.

Hi my name is (insert name here). You may be more familiar with my other name 'acct#2260143' or 'sucker'. I like long walks on the beach, holding hands, and I never say no to a peanut m&m.

In my spare time, I like to watch soccer, or as the Brits call it, football. I have season tickets to see Toronto FC. Well, I actually only have half seasons now because the price of my ticket is now more than double what it was only a few years ago. Now, I'm not a bandwagon jumper, but he team has been so bad for five years, it's pretty tough to care anymore.

I would also love more information about buying marlies tickets

Thanks!

I laughed a little too hard at the marlies line.

ps did I ever tell you about the time my sister gave me a JDG bobblehead? It was in a blue box with large marlies logos on two of the sides. She had gone to a marlies game with her boyfriend, and they were giving them away.

canadian_bhoy
06-28-2011, 08:48 PM
I laughed a little too hard at the marlies line.

ps did I ever tell you about the time my sister gave me a JDG bobblehead? It was in a blue box with large marlies logos on two of the sides. She had gone to a marlies game with her boyfriend, and they were giving them away.

Jdg withe marlies? Maybe the marlies needed a pylon during the warm-ups?

RedRum
06-28-2011, 09:21 PM
haha, Im buying seasons if I can get into a supporters section, I personally hope many many people give up their seats so I get one and make up for not getting them when I had a chance in S1.

I think people are expecting too much.

You are a glutton for punishment :D

I decided not to get seasons this year. Tickets are $20 or less with lots of availability. Didn't get stuck with tickets I cant use. Didn't get gouged $60 for the MLS cup. No worries about paying for meaningless friendlies that I wont attend. Dont have to rage at surveys that ask me if I would rather win ugly or lose beautifully, or embarrasingly transparent emails from ticket reps.

gomesv
06-28-2011, 09:44 PM
You are a glutton for punishment :D

I decided not to get seasons this year. Tickets are $20 or less with lots of availability. Didn't get stuck with tickets I cant use. Didn't get gouged $60 for the MLS cup. No worries about paying for meaningless friendlies that I wont attend. Dont have to rage at surveys that ask me if I would rather win ugly or lose beautifully, or embarrasingly transparent emails from ticket reps.

Sooooooo Jealous of you right now.... I went the other way and actually got seasons.... wont be making same mistake next year.:facepalm:

J .
06-28-2011, 11:37 PM
You are a glutton :D

FIXED :drinking:

nascarguy
06-29-2011, 12:04 AM
this is the 1st year with out season tickets for me and I wonder how the hell I paid for everything for the last 4 year's.

I had John for 4 year's.