PDA

View Full Version : I hate the Chicago Fire SOOOOOOO much right now.

Parkdale
06-26-2011, 03:00 PM
So I'm watching the 'MLS Game of the Week' (NYRB at Chicago)

so what chant are they singing?
A ripped off version of the Marseilles call-response chant 'Aux Armes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXJxMehgp_o)'.

so I got to look up a version on youtube.... and then..... oh god....

They are singing 'Just Can't Get Enough' EXACTLY like we do.
Now I know the chant isn't an 'toronto original' (far from it)
but doesn't it just make you squirm hearing punks like Chicago singing our chants?
And for the record, I'd bet a crisp twenty that they took it from us, and not from Celtic. Bah!

AlEX2kxRTTk

oh, and of all the youtube videos of the Fire singing this chant,
NONE of them are more than 2 months old. Take that for what you will.

ps.

please please please.... MLSE and TFC FO, get a team together than can beat Chicago. For us. Please.

werewolf
06-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Hiring Mo, transfering Edu to Rangers, "Just can't get enough", jerking around with DeRo in the winter. Celtic supporters probably aren't too fond of TFC either.

Parkdale
06-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Hiring Mo, transfering Edu to Rangers, "Just can't get enough", jerking around with DeRo in the winter. Celtic supporters probably aren't too fond of TFC either.

and if we ever played a match, they probably give us a good beatdown.

I wish I could see Toronto laying it to Chicago, but somehow.... I doubt it.

werewolf
06-26-2011, 03:23 PM
aiqY-cdZKk4

spark
06-26-2011, 03:34 PM

A ripped off version of the Marseilles call-response chant 'Aux Armes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXJxMehgp_o)'.

but doesn't it just make you squirm hearing punks like Chicago singing our chants?
And for the record, I'd bet a crisp twenty that they took it from us, and not from Celtic. Bah!

Eeeehhhhh I have to say - I'd never heard that song at BMO until the Vancouver game - and when Chicago was here in May their supporters were singing it the whole time.

Redcoe15
06-26-2011, 03:37 PM
aiqY-cdZKk4
Ahh, good times.

Chevy
06-26-2011, 03:38 PM
lol. At 8 seconds watch Pickens start to retreat after he pushes Danny with virtually no effect.

Yohan
06-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Ahh, good times.
I miss the days of Dichio :(

FluSH
06-26-2011, 03:45 PM
I miss the days of Dichio :(

Here Here!

Parkdale
06-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Eeeehhhhh I have to say - I'd never heard that song at BMO until the Vancouver game - and when Chicago was here in May their supporters were singing it the whole time.

well here's us talking about it (in this thread (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=27165)) before the seasons starte. Thread is from March.

either way, I wish we could be them (or anyone)

nfitz
06-26-2011, 04:23 PM
So I'm watching the 'MLS Game of the Week' (NYRB at Chicago)Your doing better than I am.

Watched for a couple of minutes, and I couldn't handle that TSN ticker along the bottom. It's annoying enough when your watching and there is no play. But all those words flying by while your trying to watch the players and the ball?

What kind of third-rate channel won't even turn off the ticker for a live game? This is part of the reason I was so glad when The Score stopped carrying both TFC and English Premier League.

kodiakTFC
06-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Your doing better than I am.

Watched for a couple of minutes, and I couldn't handle that TSN ticker along the bottom. It's annoying enough when your watching and there is no play. But all those words flying by while your trying to watch the players and the ball?

What kind of third-rate channel won't even turn off the ticker for a live game? This is part of the reason I was so glad when The Score stopped carrying both TFC and English Premier League.

I've never heard of anyone who has this problem. Just don't look? I have no problem with it, I actually like it when it pops up every once and awhile to check some other scores.

ExiledRed
06-26-2011, 04:59 PM
We can complain about this when we start singiing original chants and stop trawling youtube for the latest Celtic or Liverpool chants.

Seriously you should ban the next poster who puts up a youtube video from another stadium and then puts awkward lyrics onto it to make it ours.

nfitz
06-26-2011, 06:16 PM
I've never heard of anyone who has this problem. Just don't look? I have no problem with it, I actually like it when it pops up every once and awhile to check some other scores.Every once in a while perhaps ... I popped in 3 times and it was up each time ... was I just very unlucky ... (or lucky ... what time is the 6/49 draw?)

Am I the only person seriously annoyed by the endless ticker while watching a game? More than once I've been hit with spoilers.

sulfur
06-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Having seen about 10-15 MLS games over the last 3 weeks or so, I can point out that every team in the MLS seems to be doing "Just Can't Get Enough". Every.

I've heard it on every game I've watched.

DaBandit
06-26-2011, 09:27 PM
aiqY-cdZKk4

That just made my weekend, thank you!!!

Whoop
06-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Having seen about 10-15 MLS games over the last 3 weeks or so, I can point out that every team in the MLS seems to be doing "Just Can't Get Enough". Every.

I've heard it on every game I've watched.

This.

Fact is MLS Supporters Groups aren't that original.

That's why I love Sloop TFC. Sure it's not original but the lyrics make it ours. Even the Bounce or the new U-Sector Cruzeiro chant.

DichioTFC
06-26-2011, 11:21 PM
I know its not directly related, but a few weeks back I was speaking to a friend of mine who happens to be a Fire fan about their stupid-ass "Fireeeee.... Fireeeeeee...." chant.

He told me that Section 8 knows that everyone in the league hates that chant. Pretty much every SG from every city has told someone in Section 8 that they despise that chant. According to him, that's exactly why they keep on singing it.

Not really related, but this thread reminded me of that.

Brooker
06-27-2011, 01:16 AM
they sing it with no passion... no emotion.... nothing..... it sounds like a totally different song from when we sing it.

Parkdale
06-27-2011, 07:32 AM
AND they sing their 'Aux Armes' ripoff over and over again. It should have one run-though and then move into something else.

It would be like as if we tried to keep The Massive going for 10 minutes - a strong ending is just as important as a strong start.

MartinUtd
06-27-2011, 08:30 AM
LOL @ this thread. I can tell some of you have given up on the on field product.

Parkdale
06-27-2011, 08:47 AM
LOL @ this thread. I can tell some of you have given up on the on field product.

that's one hell of an assumption.

talking about chants doesn't mean that we're putting the on field product on the back burner.

Fort York Redcoat
06-27-2011, 09:32 AM

I can tell some of you have given up on supporting in the stands. That is what we said we're about.

MartinUtd
06-27-2011, 09:48 AM
A tad harsh, sure. But this is par for the course league wide and we've known that since 1st year. I haven't seen one of these "they're stealing our chants" threads for a long time and the easiest (laziest) conclusion is that there's little else to talk about when the team is in such a funk.

Parkdale
06-27-2011, 09:53 AM
oh I wish there was something more productive to talk about, but this topic came from watching another MLS game (when a TFC game wasn't on).

there's more than one team in this league.

MartinUtd
06-27-2011, 09:56 AM
I've got to admit, I do find it amusing how the single entity model goes beyond player contracts and sponsorship deals.

Fort York Redcoat
06-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Please, It happens all over the world.

MartinUtd
06-27-2011, 10:22 AM
So then what's the issue?

prizby
06-27-2011, 11:29 AM
i have heard vancouver and philly rip the off the chant

Technorgasm
06-27-2011, 11:31 AM
electric:

11x1z4WHmTA

Torontotonto
06-27-2011, 12:03 PM
[quote=Parkdale;1327776]So I'm watching the 'MLS Game of the Week' (NYRB at Chicago)

I wouldn't say it is EXACTLY like we do?
After watching the video that's a pretty lame rendition IMO.
I'd rather be singing uck Chicago, uck uck Chicago

RedRum
06-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Chants are borrowed everwhere. Nothing but respect For for Section 8, good people over there who will go to bat for fellow supporters.

Jack
06-27-2011, 01:23 PM
It's not like it's "ours".

Blowing Bubbles
06-27-2011, 06:16 PM

AlEX2kxRTTk

ps.

please please please.... MLSE and TFC FO, get a team together than can beat Chicago. For us. Please.

This just in - supporters steal songs. Full report at 11.

Come on man, we're just as guilty as most.

Mexinese
06-27-2011, 09:30 PM

AlEX2kxRTTk

ps.

Well.....this just blows. Yea we arent the originals, but im right with ya, They must have copied it from us....what a disgrace..... too many copy cats, not enough originals :facepalm: