PDA

View Full Version : The Maicon Santos's Goals Appreciation Thread.

ExiledRed
06-25-2011, 10:37 PM
I get accused of negativity lately, so I thought I'd offer this thread up to the supporters on this board who know me better, and know exactly how much I love supporting this team.

This is my favourite TFC player right now, I think he's awesome, I look forward to seeing him score the next one, hopefully against Vancouver and hopefully both winners!

He's carried us through the NCC so far this year, you can tell he loves it here and when the crowds rocking he really does play up to it with exuberance and he celebrates like he means it.

Losing this guy would be a blow to us, give this guy a song for fucks sake, and lets get him scoring on Wednesday.

SO anyway, because his goals are generally, really attractive goals, i thought i'd post a bunch.

ylMtu3f-wjw

SSOHN9ml4oM

Uf-TAFLdf4I

goals at 4:15 5:05
At 5:20 he kisses the badge
Agb8yl1R9mw

tonights goal:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2011-06-25-real-salt-lake-vs-toronto-fc/highlights?videoID=16279

Anyway, dont let me do it all, post some more, and the first person to post the bad miss where he should have passed to Stev is a douche.

__wowza
06-25-2011, 11:04 PM
you know what? i do enjoy santos quite immensely.
he's got a hell of a foot and can find the next where others fear to tread. consistency is a problem, for sure, but im trying to be positive here.

Couchy81
06-25-2011, 11:14 PM
I like him. I like him better as a 60-70min sub but he's still a positive on the pitch.

Roogsy
06-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Definitely a keeper. Not meant to be the primary goal scorer, but I like having him as an option. Much better kill instinct than Barrett ever had.

volunteer
06-25-2011, 11:17 PM
i appreciate santos' goals.

Yohan
06-25-2011, 11:30 PM
I appreciate what he brings to the team. I just wish he wasn't so one dimensional. Still, great 2nd/depth striker for any MLS team

DichioTFC
06-25-2011, 11:43 PM
At first I was unsure about Santos as our captain. Now I'm glad he's been selected. The winless streak has worn everyone down, but he still seems like the most fired up guy on the pitch night in and night out.

2mil4dero+santo
06-26-2011, 03:47 AM
I appreciate what he brings to the team. I just wish he wasn't so one dimensional. Still, great 2nd/depth striker for any MLS team

I wish other players on our team could be so one-dimensional... ie strikers that can put the ball in the net, defenders who can keep it out, wingers that can cross etc...

profit89
06-26-2011, 06:01 AM
Santos has been our best striker in team history

MG42
06-26-2011, 07:49 AM
He is one back from Montero for the league lead in shots.

ExiledRed
06-26-2011, 11:05 AM
crucial goal

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2011/05/19/tfc_whitecaps_nutrilite/?utm_content=TFC%20rallies%20to%20draw%20Whitecaps %20at%20Nutrilite&utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Soccer%20Lineup%20RSS-Images

saving our blushes:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2011/04/27/tfc_edmonton/?utm_content=Santos%20lifts%20TFC%20over%20Edmonto n%20in%20Nutrilite&utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Homepage%20Lineup%20RSS-Images

xNjk5CBltTs

ManUtd4ever
06-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Santos is definitely the best long range striker we've ever had.

J .
06-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Id prefer him in a 442, but he can shoot the ball from distance.

sashavukelich
06-26-2011, 01:22 PM
class act. i hope we keep the man and give him some team mates to play with. Anyone know why Youra didn't start last night?

ochos
06-26-2011, 02:07 PM
knew he was a keeper the first day we got him.. we need more players with his calibre of play to see any sort of success with total football..

TFCRegina
06-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Maicon Santos is a scorer of great goals.

Pachuco
06-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Awesome thread! Love Maicon. This guy doesn't get enough appreciation from the fans. In fact, he gets ripped on quite a bit here. Here we have a striker that can score goals consistently for this team and some people still think he should be on the bench.

Oldtimer
06-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Those are some good goals!

liv4evr
06-26-2011, 06:59 PM
He does score some nice ones, i just wish he'd shoot it more! the goal from last night vs. salt lake was a great strike but the frustrating part is he could get more of those if he'd shoot. he has the range so make the keeper make a stop. the team in general fiddles around too much, trying to get the perfect goal and obviously it doesn't work. we have a guy who can hit from range, just shoot it!

JuliquE
06-27-2011, 03:32 AM
Awesome thread! Love Maicon. This guy doesn't get enough appreciation from the fans. In fact, he gets ripped on quite a bit here. Here we have a striker that can score goals consistently for this team and some people still think he should be on the bench.
ZOMG this!

Also: what liv4evr said

I am good at the internetz.

bertal
06-27-2011, 08:20 AM
best thread all season

habstfc
06-27-2011, 09:33 AM
The guy has 6 goals, will probably get at least 12 if he stays healthy, and yet some people shit on the guy, don't get it.

Couchy81
06-27-2011, 09:46 AM
The only reason I said I liked him better off the bench in the 2nd half is because when he's out there a full 90 he kind of melts into the game, but when he comes on as a sub, he is a beast ready and willing to take the keepers head off with a blast outside the box every time he touches the ball. I'd be interested to see his goal stats from starting vs. coming in as a sub.

Ontario Arab
06-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Best Forward weve ever had.

ExiledRed
06-27-2011, 04:40 PM
The only reason I said I liked him better off the bench in the 2nd half is because when he's out there a full 90 he kind of melts into the game, but when he comes on as a sub, he is a beast ready and willing to take the keepers head off with a blast outside the box every time he touches the ball. I'd be interested to see his goal stats from starting vs. coming in as a sub.

I disagree, unlike many forwards we've had in the past, this one threatens to score whatever the minute and whatever the run of play. Sure, he might be invisible for 88 minutes one game, but that doesnt mean he wont score on the 89th.

He doesnt drop his shoulders and get demoralised, even when he's visibly tired. He tries for goal even when it wont save the game.

If anybody remembers when he first took the pitch for us, I remember thinking 'wow...a forward with confidence' before he even took his first shot. Since then he's proved to be the most confident goalscorer this team has ever seen, and being 3 down and close to the end of the game doesnt dent it.

2mil4dero+santo
06-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Best thread all season... I would have built a team around Santos and Dero, but what do I know... apparently I'm just some idiot who doesn't see big pictures...

2mil4dero+santo
06-27-2011, 05:15 PM
He does score some nice ones, i just wish he'd shoot it more! the goal from last night vs. salt lake was a great strike but the frustrating part is he could get more of those if he'd shoot. he has the range so make the keeper make a stop. the team in general fiddles around too much, trying to get the perfect goal and obviously it doesn't work. we have a guy who can hit from range, just shoot it!

um... you do realize he's second in the league in shots?? Thanks for coming out though...

jloome
06-27-2011, 07:18 PM
I disagree, unlike many forwards we've had in the past, this one threatens to score whatever the minute and whatever the run of play. Sure, he might be invisible for 88 minutes one game, but that doesnt mean he wont score on the 89th.

He doesnt drop his shoulders and get demoralised, even when he's visibly tired. He tries for goal even when it wont save the game.

If anybody remembers when he first took the pitch for us, I remember thinking 'wow...a forward with confidence' before he even took his first shot. Since then he's proved to be the most confident goalscorer this team has ever seen, and being 3 down and close to the end of the game doesnt dent it.

He's a one-way player, but most strikers are. He does put in the effort to close when they're full-field though and his work rate this year has been much better than past seasons.

He's got a great foot. Positioning and decisions both could use work. Ultimately, he seems more a number two striker in the long run but he's still the best outside Dichio that we've had (discounting Buddle and Casey for flunking out and leaving, respectively.)

liv4evr
06-27-2011, 10:22 PM
um... you do realize he's second in the league in shots?? Thanks for coming out though...

Actually I did know that, but i feel he could shoot more often still. I just feel that in many situations he still holds the ball too long or opts to pass to someone of less talent who usually fooks it up. The goal he got against salt lake could have come earlier in my opinion. seems like when tfc gave up 3 goals he decided to start firing and one went in. I love the guy, don't get me wrong, the best talent up front. Just want him to have a go when he's in range and maybe the others will too, we need more guys to shoot, too many passes looking for a perfect goal.

Couchy81
06-27-2011, 10:49 PM

Fair enough. :)

menefreghista
06-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Note to Aron Winter: Please play Maicon Santos as a striker only and not as an AM.

Thank you.

Stryker
06-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Note to Aron Winter: Please play Maicon Santos as a striker only and not as an AM.

Thank you.
I can agree with that. I think he's most useful in a 4-4-2 but I'd rather him be a great sub if Winter insists on going with a 4-3-3.