PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Holders Survey

Heathen
06-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Some interesting questions, seems as if the FO do have some concept of how bad things have got, let's see what they do with the results.

kodiakTFC
06-22-2011, 10:38 PM
I went to town on that bad boy. It's too bad there wasn't a write in section.

Kevvv
06-22-2011, 10:43 PM
When there's 18,000+ paid admission, and 15,000- warm bodies, even this lot can sense there may be an issue.

Heathen
06-22-2011, 10:45 PM
I went to town on that bad boy. It's too bad there wasn't a write in section.

Me too, I would've liked more emphasis on the deterioration in atmosphere but it's a start I suppose

Toronto Ruffrider
06-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Could anyone post some of the survey questions up here? I don't have seasons, but I'm curious to see what's being asked.

Heathen
06-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Could anyone post some of the survey questions up here? I don't have seasons, but I'm curious to see what's being asked.

we need someone who hasn't done it yet because once it's completed you can't go back in

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Longer than I though it would, every thing from ranking MLS v. world leagues to what kind of charities you support.

Auzzy
06-22-2011, 11:01 PM
I completed the survey. Just to note, that was supposedly an MLS-wide survey, by MLS marketing people. I don't know how much was general, and how much TFC-specific. (Obviously they inserted "Toronto FC" into many of the questions, but that could have been automated.)

kodiakTFC
06-22-2011, 11:02 PM

Its long. It asks everything from what sites do u get yours from, do you check redpatchboys.ca, comparing mls to other leagues, if your coming back, if your happy with a bunch of things at bmo, are you a fan of mls or tfc, do you want tfc to do more charity, etc. So many questions.

Nodoubtguy
06-22-2011, 11:02 PM

plus questions about on a 1-10 scale of satisfaction that include on field product and team direction.

My favorites were

Would you want
a) an beautiful loss
b) an ugly win

and

would you want games where
a) there is a better overall quality of game
b) your favorite team wins

kodiakTFC
06-22-2011, 11:03 PM
I completed the survey. Just to note, that was supposedly an MLS-wide survey, by MLS marketing people. I don't know how much was general, and how much TFC-specific. (Obviously they inserted "Toronto FC" into many of the questions, but that could have been automated.)

There was MLS wide and TFC specific. Especially at the beginning when it was asking what websites we frequented. Redpatchboys, usector, tribalrythem, north end, canadian soccer news, etc are pretty damn specific.

Auzzy
06-22-2011, 11:08 PM
^ Yes I know. But the surveys for the other teams could contain totally equivalent questions, including their local supporter's group websites & local news sites.

I just wonder how many questions were tailored specifically to TFC's problems; or are they all league-wide problems & questions (with just the questions worded to match the local details)?

RedRum
06-23-2011, 12:35 AM
Can someone who hasn't done it yet please post the entire survey? Something like this can be quite telling of where the FO's/MLS head is at.

bangersandmash
06-23-2011, 05:04 AM
Here's what I got when I tried to take the survey...

We apologize for this inconvenience, however your device does not support participation in this survey. Please try again using an alternative computing device.

Really? Wow. I wonder what part of the survey is so cutting-edge awesome that it can't possibly be displayed on an iPad?

ginkster88
06-23-2011, 06:29 AM
^^^ The flash part?

Eastend
06-23-2011, 07:01 AM
I trust everyone will give the question on how the officiating is the worst score possible.

Nuvinho
06-23-2011, 07:33 AM
I said I probably won't be renewing next year in the survey. All of you should do that, maybe they will see how bad it has gotten (they probably don't care), but alot of my answers were on the extreme end.

Suds
06-23-2011, 07:43 AM
I'm glad the MLS and TFC are taking the tie to poll their fans. It's obvious just talking to people at BMO there are a lot of issues coming to the surface. I hope they don't just treat this as some marketing exercise and do nothing with the results. Or even worse, interpret the results they way they want to interpret them.

@Eastend - I thought the same thing when I was the question on officiating. That one might come in as the most obvious question asked.

CoachGT
06-23-2011, 07:46 AM
I wondered whether they might interpret atmosphere issues to mean that the fans attending are opposed to swearing.....there was no spot about clarification. My concern is that someone else's interpretation of atmosphere might not be the same as ours.

Would have been nice to have had a write in section though.

And how do you not vote that officiating is an issue that needs improvement!

flatpicker
06-23-2011, 07:52 AM
I wondered whether they might interpret atmosphere issues to mean that the fans attending are opposed to swearing.....there was no spot about clarification. My concern is that someone else's interpretation of atmosphere might not be the same as ours.

Would have been nice to have had a write in section though.

And how do you not vote that officiating is an issue that needs improvement!

But there was a question about whether or not you are happy with the behaviour of those in seats around you.

CoachGT
06-23-2011, 07:57 AM
But there was a question about whether or not you are happy with the behaviour of those in seats around you.

But they never asked which seats you are in.....maybe I want 224 to become a supporters section!

Honestly, I'm not sure what they can get out of that except for questions about whether you are renewing and where MLS ranks in comparison to other leagues (and perhaps that you are a fan of other leagues).

Sweeper
06-23-2011, 07:59 AM
Thought the survey addressed a lot of the big issues for the league and teams. I personally voted against having playoffs and gave the appropriate zeros for the on the field product and ticket plans. It fell short in that there wasn't a comment or suggestion box. Would have been nice to complain about the hand dryers to somebody that might listen.

redcard
06-23-2011, 08:11 AM
some interesting ones:

What would you like to see in your SSH package..

TFC and Concacaf/NCC
or
TFC and CMNT

Do you think MLS needs to bring more top Canadian Players into the league...
Should TFC/Canadian teams have a 100% Canadian content...

__wowza
06-23-2011, 08:13 AM
oh god, reception is going to be so fucking mixed.
instead of 1 to 10 they should've had the scale go striker to pookie.

bangersandmash
06-23-2011, 08:14 AM
^^^ The flash part?

Wowza. Flash for a survey? That must be one sweet user-experience there. Too bad I'm missing out on it. :)

Oldtimer
06-23-2011, 08:36 AM
The most interesting questions to me besides the officiating (which I gave the lowest score possible) were the ones about season ticket value.

For example, is winning important? Are ticket prices important? Is the ability to sell tickets for games we don't attend important?

ML$E can use this to make some important decisions.

If winning is more important, then spring for a DP. Same if foreign stars are important.
If ticket prices are important, then cutting prices is in order.
If selling tickets is important, then ML$E can't undercut their own ticket-holders by giving "special offers."

Anyways, the STHs will probably get what they ask for, so it will be interesting to see what most non-supporter STHs (i.e. about 15,000 of them) want, as that will probably determine their strategy, as their numbers greatly outweigh ours.

MartinUtd
06-23-2011, 08:42 AM
What survey is this? I'm a season ticket holder and haven't received any emails thus far...

menefreghista
06-23-2011, 08:43 AM
What survey is this? I'm a season ticket holder and haven't received any emails thus far...

I haven't been receiving their emails for months. Going to have to bug my rep today, again....

Auzzy
06-23-2011, 08:46 AM
But they never asked which seats you are in.....maybe I want 224 to become a supporters section!

Honestly, I'm not sure what they can get out of that except for questions about whether you are renewing and where MLS ranks in comparison to other leagues (and perhaps that you are a fan of other leagues).

I think there was a user-specific URL to the survey. (Good idea anyway, to avoid one person submitting it multiple times.) Therefore, they may know what section the respondent is in.

flatpicker
06-23-2011, 09:06 AM
I indicated in the survey that the team is perfect, and is doing everything right.
I don't want them to change a thing.
I have been getting full value for my money.

;)

scrotzy
06-23-2011, 09:13 AM
If this survey was a way of letting us vent to make us feel better or more "valued" as the survey stated it totally backfired in my case. After answering question after question and actually thinking how bad it actually is I'm questioning what in gods name I'm doing throwing my good money at a bad product!

This was all i was thinking the whole way through.

Oldtimer
06-23-2011, 09:16 AM
^ I doubt it was to let us vent (then they would have had a write-in comments section). I think ML$E is genuinely worried, and rightly so.

Globetrotter
06-23-2011, 09:18 AM
some interesting ones:

TFC and Concacaf/NCC
or
TFC and CMNT

I liked this one too. I was going to pick +CMNT, but I don't think it's right to do so. If we open the doors to "add-ons", then they can pick and choose NCC, friendlies, marlies, and who knows what else.

TFC season ticket package should be about TFC and the regular season. That's it. We should have first choice for friendlies/NCC/CMNT/playoffs(lol) and so on, but picking something as like CMNT to be included is a door I don't want to open, and we fought against stuff like that at the town halls last year.

jabbronies
06-23-2011, 09:26 AM
^ I doubt it was to let us vent (then they would have had a write-in comments section). I think ML$E is genuinely worried, and rightly so.

They've heard the complaints from the supporters groups at the town hall and they read the boards. I'm sure they speak to people outside of their offices about the team as well. They know what we think.

The town hall also let them know that supporters represent a larger portion of the demographic than originally thought.

This is probably a way (but not it's only purpose) for them to gauge how much weight our complaints have on the average season ticket holder.

jabbronies
06-23-2011, 09:27 AM
I liked this one too. I was going to pick +CMNT, but I don't think it's right to do so. If we open the doors to "add-ons", then they can pick and choose NCC, friendlies, marlies, and who knows what else.

TFC season ticket package should be about TFC and the regular season. That's it. We should have first choice for friendlies/NCC/CMNT/playoffs(lol) and so on, but picking something as like CMNT to be included is a door I don't want to open, and we fought against stuff like that at the town halls last year.

I chose TFC and CMNT

IMO - TFC includes NCC, CCL, playoffs etc. Basically anything that has our boys on the pitch playing a game.

Nomad
06-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Club and Country should always be separate.

jabbronies
06-23-2011, 09:40 AM
Club and Country should always be separate.

In a bigger soccer country maybe...but given the state of our CMNT - I think more help for them is better.

TFC Cityboy
06-23-2011, 09:46 AM
I answered honestly as opposed to giving low scores on all issues.
For example regarding renewing, I will renew as I always said that if Toronto got a pro football team I would support it. I've supported struggling sides long rnough to know that you do need to show patience and loyalty and that eventually if success comes it will all the more sweet.
If I were not in such a great section with such great people around me (115) my answers may have differed a little (downgrade seats/ beahvours around etc)

Also agree that ST package should be TFC MLS matches only, the refs are useless and quite honestly do not give a rat's ass what charities MLS/MLSWorks sponsors.

If MLSE has any sense they will do better than freeze prices for 2012. I applaud them for being pro-active in sending this out earlyish in the season. Maybe they did learn something from the angry mobs they confronted last fall...

Globetrotter
06-23-2011, 10:15 AM
In a bigger soccer country maybe...but given the state of our CMNT - I think more help for them is better.

You have the right to your own opinion, but CMNT is NOT even Toronto FC?? Sure it's soccer, but what if there was a musical about Pele living in Saskatoon... should we be stuck with tickets to that in our TORONTO seasons ticket pack? Soccer+Canada, just like the CMNT. They are equals when it comes to TFC.

It's a great idea that they might give us the option to it, but to add to the pack makes less sense than forcing people to get NCC games.

Heathen
06-23-2011, 10:25 AM
my first two-pager :D

Globetrotter
06-23-2011, 10:29 AM
^well it was a good topic. lots of good questions in there. Nice that MLS is doing this. I did another one the other day that they sent out, and it was primarily about tire sponsorship. THAT was a waste of time.

Parkdale
06-23-2011, 10:36 AM
I liked the question : where do you go for soccer news.

and I really like that Tribal Rhythm's website was listed as a news source :)

Fort York Redcoat
06-23-2011, 10:38 AM

The first option.

Joe Kool
06-23-2011, 10:39 AM

I had a hard time thinking of any other place other than here on this site because here is the place to be....many thanks to Denime of course.

Oldtimer
06-23-2011, 10:40 AM
It's a great idea that they might give us the option to it, but to add to the pack makes less sense than forcing people to get NCC games.

Too bad they didn't have a question like "discounts on CMNT tickets." It was either/or.

Parkdale
06-23-2011, 10:41 AM
I put espn.soccernet because I get all my non-TFC news (and some MLS news) from there.

also, the only 'write in' option in the whole poll was for the question "how to you give away unwanted tickets"

I wrote in: I give them to the supporters clubs

Parkdale
06-23-2011, 10:42 AM
or...

Would you like to see TFC academy games included in the Season Pack?

toss ina 4 game flex pass with the ticket package and people will go! AND they'll probably come for more than just the 4 games.

Roogsy
06-23-2011, 10:46 AM
I put espn.soccernet because I get all my non-TFC news (and some MLS news) from there.

also, the only 'write in' option in the whole poll was for the question "how to you give away unwanted tickets"

Really?

I find soccernet woeful when it comes to MLS news. They are sometimes DAYS behind on news. They definitely don't update MLS news on an immediate basis. They are very Euro-focused. Which is unfortunate being that ESPN is one of the league's networks.

Fort York Redcoat
06-23-2011, 10:51 AM
some interesting ones:

TFC and Concacaf/NCC
or
TFC and CMNT

Incorrect. I just took the survey and the wording went more like:

MLS season
MLS + CCL
Every TFC game (opening yourself up to SHIT FRIENDLIES)
MLS + CMNT games

I think most know my stance on this but just in case

I want to see my club team play every regular season game. If they have home preseason friendlies I would be all over it but I hate pointless midseason friendlies. Case and point- Look at how many injuries we have and it's now midseason. Who wants to see if Gordon can reinjure himself vs (insert middling-to-great foreign team here)? This happens almost every season. I understand it's to market the league and bring new markets in but I have little patience for it when I don't feel the results.

As for the Canada inclusion this hurts. I'm going regardless and want as many people to get behind the team but realize (taking the above diatribe as e.g) that forcing people to buy something won't make them like it and usually has the opposite effect.

I would rather a slow growth of attendance for my beloved red and white and be assured that the man sitting across the stadium wants to be there as much as the crazy diamond standing beside me singing his/her lungs out.

Allez Les Rouges!!

Fort York Redcoat
06-23-2011, 10:55 AM
or...

Would you like to see TFC academy games included in the Season Pack?

toss ina 4 game flex pass with the ticket package and people will go! AND they'll probably come for more than just the 4 games.

The only way I'd think the Flex pack banditry would be improved. If instead of forcing people to another sport you include seasons to the Accies.

eustacchio
06-23-2011, 11:10 AM
plus questions about on a 1-10 scale of satisfaction that include on field product and team direction.

My favorites were

Would you want
a) an beautiful loss
b) an ugly win

and

out of curiosity, did it actually use American spelling (favourite)? I have seasons, but they're through a friend so I don't ever receive this sort of stuff.

Fort York Redcoat
06-23-2011, 11:17 AM
^I didn't notice it and I just took the survey. And that usually jumps off the page at me.
Like a tonne/ton.

TOBOR !
06-23-2011, 12:07 PM
The longer the survey went on, the more I regretted ever starting it... much like buying season tickets in the first place.

jabbronies
06-23-2011, 12:14 PM
You have the right to your own opinion, but CMNT is NOT even Toronto FC?? Sure it's soccer, but what if there was a musical about Pele living in Saskatoon... should we be stuck with tickets to that in our TORONTO seasons ticket pack? Soccer+Canada, just like the CMNT. They are equals when it comes to TFC.

What if they weren't given in the season ticket package, but they were discounted for season seat holders and SSH get first dibs at them?

VoxPopuliCosmicum
06-23-2011, 12:27 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=2784

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=2786

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=2785

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=2787

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=2788

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=2789

Carefree
06-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Would you want
a) an beautiful loss
b) an ugly win

They're not thinking of bringing in Mourinho are they?

bones
06-23-2011, 01:06 PM
This thing kinda pissed me off. The questions "would you rather....A or B" sucked. Why must I choose a beautiful loss or an ugly win? WHY is it so bloody hard for this team to strive for a BEAUTIFUL WIN ffs! After 5 years of shit, why why why???

Here's a question for ya MLSE, would you rather have a WINNING TEAM or your job??? Like that one???

Sorry, rant over, team just pissing me off.

Bones...

Nodoubtguy
06-23-2011, 01:16 PM
This thing kinda pissed me off. The questions "would you rather....A or B" sucked. Why must I choose a beautiful loss or an ugly win? WHY is it so bloody hard for this team to strive for a BEAUTIFUL WIN ffs! After 5 years of shit, why why why???

hahaha.....good soccer + win?? your crazy!!!!

gomesv
06-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Wow, first it was my account representitive reaching out a couple of weeks ago, asking if If I had any concerns, now this servey.

Im not a SG member and Im not interested, however I did state two areas of concern, first price integrity... I can get tickets to my section for half price outside the stadium and second they better work hard at making sure that the FO works with the SG to keep the atmoshpere in the stadium.. You guys do a fabulous job supporting the team and I just wanted you to know there are STH who fully support your postition.

:drum:

Torontotonto
06-23-2011, 01:24 PM

Most are multiple choice. (Ranking answer between 1 - 10) 1 Not Interested & 10 Very Interested

Since this is an MLS league study, please tell us for which club you own tickets.
How interested are you in the following?
When attending Toronto FC matches, who typically attends with you?
Please list the top two websites you visit to find soccer information online.
Please indicate how often you visit the following websites for soccer content.
What items from MLSsoccer.com or the Toronto FC website interest you most?

Please indicate how often during the season you watch MLS matches on National TV
Overall, how satisfied are you with your Toronto FC ticket plan?
Including this season, how long have you been a Ticket Plan Holder?
How many seats are currently included in your primary ticket plan package?
How likely are you, or your organization, to renew your Toronto FC ticket plan(s) next season?
Do you, or your organization, plan to change the price category of the seats in your Toronto FC ticket plan(s) next season?
Please rate how much you agree or disagree that each of the following statements explains why you are a Ticket Plan Holder
How likely are you to recommend Toronto FC ticket plans to family, friends or colleagues?
How important are each of the following factors to your decision of whether or not to renew your ticket plan?
Similarly, please tell us how satisfied you are with each of the following aspects of your ticket plan experience.
Please rate how well the following qualities describe MLS, the league, on a scale from 1 - 10
How do you rate the level of play for the soccer leagues listed below, in comparison to MLS?
Please rate how strongly you agree or disagree that MLS should focus on improving each of the following areas on a scale from 1-10
Have you heard of MLS W.O.R.K.S.?
Where have you seen MLS W.O.R.K.S. messages?
Have you visited the MLS W.O.R.K.S. website?
Are you aware of Toronto FC community outreach efforts?
Have you ever participated in a Toronto FC community event?
How important is it for Major League Soccer to support the following causes here in Canada?
How important is it for Major League Soccer to support the following causes in other parts of the world?
How important are the following causes to you personally?

P-NUTZ
06-23-2011, 01:33 PM
just did the survey - that was weird.

I liked be asked and answering most of the questions. It "felt" like someone actually cared about my opinions on these matters and "would" do something about it.

Honestly hated the two questions about 'preferring quality vs your team winning', and 'losing beautifully vs winning ugly' - especially as the only other choice is 'none of the above'. what absolute retarded questions! is this to measure whether i like the 'beautiful game' more than winning the dam game??? how fucking annoying psycho dribble mls.......!!!

arrrgghhh now im mad as was consoled for a second before!!!

Torontotonto
06-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Please check all of the ways listed below to best get your attention about Major League Soccer community outreach programs?

MLS has 18 clubs in two divisions. At the end of the regular season, 10 of the 18 clubs compete in the playoffs for the championship. Other international soccer
leagues do not have a division format or playoffs, but they are common in American sports. Should MLS keep the East and West division format?
Should MLS hold playoffs to determine its champion?
With 18 clubs total, how many clubs should make the playoffs?

MLS currently plays its games during the Spring, Summer, and Fall seasons. Other international soccer leagues play in the Fall, Winter, and Spring. Which of thesedo you agree with?

Which of the following would you rather see?
A game where your favorite club wins

A game with a high quality of play
No opinion

Which of the following would you rather see?

A game where your favorite club wins ugly

A game where your favorite club loses beautifully
No opinion

Which of the following statements about the rules regarding celebrating goals do you agree with the most?
How important are supporter groups in enhancing the atmosphere of the game?
When is the best day of the week to watch an MLS game?
When is the best time of day for watching?

If MLS had a preseason where all the clubs gathered and played in one area of North America, how interested would you be in going to games if that location is
close to your home?

If MLS had a preseason where all the clubs gathered and played in one area of North America, how interested would you be in going to games if that location is a southern U.S. location, e.g., Arizona or Florida?
How interested would you be in following the preseason news for MLS?
Do you think it’s better for young Canadian soccer players to...
How important is it for Canadian Major League Soccer clubs to use Canadian born players?
Do you think Canadian MLS clubs should have...
Each MLS club has a Reserve Team that plays 10 games. Have you ever gone to see your club’s Reserve Team play?
How interested are you in following the MLS player draft?
How important is it to support the sponsors of MLS?
If a new company became a sponsor of MLS, would you start buying that brand’s products or services?
If a new company became a sponsor of the club Toronto FC, would you start buying that brand’s products or services?

leafsman
06-23-2011, 01:37 PM
I hope they do something with this info, looks like this year could be my first and only year of seasons

TFC John
06-23-2011, 04:24 PM
The survey crashed 3 times while I was doing it (java sucks if that's what they used). The interesting thing that showed me was the answers jumped around so an answer that was number 1 the first time was number 4 or 5 the next time.

I kind of resented the questions about would you buy products from companies that sponsor TFC. I buy products that serve my needs. If I find out about them through TFC that's great but I buy tickets to support the club. I feel no obligation to buy from their sponsors.

69Chevy396
06-23-2011, 04:40 PM
I didn't mind doing the stupid survey until they asked me whether I would support new mlse sponsors by using their products, thinking these bastards would take money from a rat poison company or black flag

leafsman
06-23-2011, 05:19 PM
i really wouldnt buy products because they are sponsors but said yes so they could use it to attract sponsors in the hope the money could increase the quality of play.

Wagner
06-23-2011, 05:22 PM
I didn't mind doing the stupid survey until they asked me whether I would support new mlse sponsors by using their products, thinking these bastards would take money from a rat poison company or black flag

Now that would be AWESOME!!
We'd take over for St. Pauli as the coolest and most punk rawk football team in the world.

http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.125614270.jpg

DichioTFC
06-23-2011, 05:49 PM

I was under the influence of a couple beers when I filled in the survey. For the write-in section I wrote in "STOP FUCKING AROUND WITH THE SUPPORTERS!! LET THEM CREATE THE ATMOSPHERE, STOP TRYING TO KILL THE SUPPORT!!!"

Completely unrelated to the question at-hand, but I'm glad I was able to vent a bit.

boysblue
06-23-2011, 06:51 PM
this indicates to me that the front office haven't got a fuckin' clue how to proceed.

cmonyoureds
06-23-2011, 07:06 PM
what could this organization need to know apart from what they heard at the townhall meetings?

this just stinks of a marketing promotion coming up............. "a kabillion % of TFC fans love BMO field"

jazzy
06-23-2011, 08:27 PM
http://survey.confirmit.com/wix/p1776057377.aspx?PID=300&l=9&ftouch=12345 <this is the link but I'm not much good at this.......>

Oldtimer
06-23-2011, 08:29 PM
this indicates to me that the front office haven't got a fuckin' clue how to proceed.

I think that's obvious to everyone, including them. That's why they hired Klinnsmann. ;)

Kevvv
06-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Question 31:

Would you rather have 5 home games in late March & April, 5 games in May, and 3 in July/August, or more games when the weather is better?

Question 42:

What would cause you to spend more at the concessions?

a) faster service
b) more friendly service
c) better options
d) not having to pay for water
e) nothing
f) don't know

Kevvv
06-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Question 27:

Would you rather sit next to:

1) someone who complains incessantly about the quality of play
2) someone who knows nothing about soccer who likes drinking beer outside
3) someone who keeps talking on their phone
4) Parkdale

Oldtimer
06-23-2011, 09:29 PM
^ see, they don't even know how to write a survey! Yours is better! :)

MartinUtd
06-24-2011, 01:17 AM
Just noticed the survey was in my junk mail folder. So if anyone else is wondering where theirs is, check your junk.

I'm currently scratching my head over this question:

Which of the following cultural or ethnic backgrounds do you associate yourself with most?
-Scottish
-British

Pookie
06-24-2011, 06:55 AM
I find it weird that some of the questions seemed to be geared towards creating a "show" eg. Win ugly vs lose beautifully or Canadian teams with Canadian players.

Actually, I find it depressing. It makes me think that we are watching some version of staged wrestling.

Regardless, once it is established that we are fans of football and will root for TFC regardless of a sponsor or style of play or the location of the vagina from which the player emerged.... questions like this have no bearing on our decision to buy season tickets.

They might have a bearing on whether we enjoy following the team but our decision to buy season tickets is a different one.

It comes down to a simple equation. We are going to follow the team, so:

Will we dip into our funds to buy tickets to every game in bulk OR
will we buy tickets to a few games in bulk OR
will we buy tickets to individual games OR
stay home and watch the games on TV or at a bar?

The answer to that depends on value. If the value is high (and not measured by onfield performance), I'll buy tickets.

And my determiniation of value is going to depend on price and my perception of owning this "product" vs what else is in the market. In short, don't rip me off.

If NYRB fans get free playoff tickets as part of their package, I want them in mine. If LA fans get to trade in unused tickets for extra seats to games that they can attend, I want that in mine. If Seattle fans get "free" (buried into their ticket price) food and drink, I want that in mine. If LA fans get the ability to purchase additional tickets at discounts for friends, I want that in mine. IF Seattle fans are offered a true relocation via survey and are allowed to stand all game with others that have similar interests, I want that too.

Right now, I pay top 3 prices for my tickets and get none of that. Fix that. End of survey.

CretanBull
06-24-2011, 06:59 AM
Which of the following cultural or ethnic backgrounds do you associate yourself with most?
-Scottish
-British

Hahahaha! Is that really on there?

Beach_Red
06-24-2011, 07:14 AM
I find it weird that some of the questions seemed to be geared towards creating a "show" eg. Win ugly vs lose beautifully or Canadian teams with Canadian players.

Actually, I find it depressing. It makes me think that we are watching some version of staged wrestling.

That would be the 'E' in MLSE. We've always complained the accounting department ran the place, we didn't even notice that entertainment has moved ahead of sports.

Anyway, winning is hard, the other teams all want to win, too, but delivering 'entertainment' is a lot easier.

scooter
06-24-2011, 07:31 AM
I trust everyone will give the question on how the officiating is the worst score possible.

yes of course
lets hope they listen
i gave a lot of worst scores

Suds
06-24-2011, 07:33 AM
Just noticed the survey was in my junk mail folder. So if anyone else is wondering where theirs is, check your junk.

-Scottish
-British

haha ... hey, I'm ethnic! :)

scooter
06-24-2011, 07:33 AM
Question 27:

4) Parkdale

4 for sure

scooter
06-24-2011, 07:39 AM
just did the survey - that was weird.

I liked be asked and answering most of the questions. It "felt" like someone actually cared about my opinions on these matters and "would" do something about it.

Honestly hated the two questions about 'preferring quality vs your team winning', and 'losing beautifully vs winning ugly' - especially as the only other choice is 'none of the above'. what absolute retarded questions! is this to measure whether i like the 'beautiful game' more than winning the dam game??? how fucking annoying psycho dribble mls.......!!!

arrrgghhh now im mad as was consoled for a second before!!!

at least they are asking ? cause they are getting worried
maybe they should back off giving the supporters a rough time and give us our own section that we can control and let these pompus security guards stay home ffffs

scooter
06-24-2011, 07:41 AM

-Scottish
-British

british by birth scottish by the grace of god

douglasTO
06-24-2011, 07:42 AM
I think this survey will be good for us. In the end it is all about numbers. The survey quantifies the supporters opinion, making it easier to reference for business decisions. I also strongly believe that a majority of people that will take the time to fill out the lengthy survey will be the hardcore fans. Casual fans will not bother with it. This will scew the numbers in our favour. It will be used as a common voice and not just a supporters voice due to the survey being targeted at all season ticket holders.

Parkdale
06-24-2011, 08:09 AM
Question 27:

4) Parkdale

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/mike24k/NEW_COWBELL.gif

ps. Other other "not knowing anything about soccer", #2 and #4 are pretty much the same thing.

CSO_BBTB
06-24-2011, 08:10 AM
I think this survey will be good for us. In the end it is all about numbers. The survey quantifies the supporters opinion, making it easier to reference for business decisions. I also strongly believe that a majority of people that will take the time to fill out the lengthy survey will be the hardcore fans. Casual fans will not bother with it. This will scew the numbers in our favour. It will be used as a common voice and not just a supporters voice due to the survey being targeted at all season ticket holders.

On a somewhat related note to that I was left wondering what motivated the question about the importance of fan groups?

Ageroo
06-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Where is this survey everyone speaks of......:(

Nodoubtguy
06-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Where is this survey everyone speaks of......:(

email.....

Ageroo
06-24-2011, 08:17 AM
email.....

What is this email everyone speaks of......:(

Ageroo
06-24-2011, 08:19 AM
I am calling in my affirmative action lawyer......I got hosed on this survey! They never forget to send me mail reminding me to pay my invoice...

http://www.myjet247.com/Content/41/JackieChiles.jpg

jaahuuu
06-24-2011, 08:30 AM
That one was Canadian specific, I had to put 14150x in as my postal code. They could have had American listed on the nationality question too.

Parkdale
06-24-2011, 08:30 AM
What is this email everyone speaks of......:(

on the internet

jaahuuu
06-24-2011, 08:42 AM
I chose TFC and CMNT

IMO - TFC includes NCC, CCL, playoffs etc. Basically anything that has our boys on the pitch playing a game.
I picked the every TFC game option. I'd rather TFC didn't play meaningless friendlies, but if they do i'm most likely going to be there anyway, so I'd rather pay for it up front not get weasled into paying for it months after I've already paid for my season tickets.

I don't want CMNT tickets in the package, I don't care about them. I'm not driving 100 miles to see them, and don't want to have to pay for a ticket that I can guarantee I'll have to sell or give away. I don't want any non-TFC tickets in my TFC ticket package.

MartinUtd
06-24-2011, 09:13 AM
I am calling in my affirmative action lawyer......I got hosed on this survey! They never forget to send me mail reminding me to pay my invoice...

http://www.myjet247.com/Content/41/JackieChiles.jpg

Check your junk mail. That's where mine ended up.

rocker
06-25-2011, 10:54 AM
I found the survey quite comprehensive. Clearly MLS is reading message boards and collecting up opinions, then using the surveys to see how prevalent they really are among STHs.

the lose beautifully/win ugly question (with the added option of no preference) was interesting. it ties in with a lot of debates among MLS fans online about the quality of league play, about parity, about competition.

TFCRegina
06-25-2011, 11:23 AM
I was under the influence of a couple beers when I filled in the survey. For the write-in section I wrote in "STOP FUCKING AROUND WITH THE SUPPORTERS!! LET THEM CREATE THE ATMOSPHERE, STOP TRYING TO KILL THE SUPPORT!!!"

Completely unrelated to the question at-hand, but I'm glad I was able to vent a bit.

That's rather tame considering the circumstances. They should consider themselves lucky.

Dv23
06-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Is there any way that I can see the questions? The email gets sent to my dad I guess, so I don't get to see it.

CSO_BBTB
06-26-2011, 01:44 AM
Think the timing of the survey just before the summer window opens may be no coincidence. In a TFC context it looks like big money DP and/or allocation signing deals are about to be handed out probably with multiple years guaranteed. Suspect the thinking might have been that it was best to check season ticketholders are still on board where Winter is concerned before locking a sizable chunk of the salary cap into his favoured big money imports. Suspect if he is still around by the end of July they've pretty much committed to keeping him in place through the 2012 season. Marketing surveys shouldn't drive franchise direction to that extent but it's the marketing types that call the shots at MLSE rather than people who had a pro level playing and/or coaching career.

TFCRegina
06-26-2011, 01:45 AM
Think the timing of the survey just before the summer window opens may be no coincidence. In a TFC context it looks like big money DP and/or allocation signing deals are about to be handed out probably with multiple years guaranteed. Suspect the thinking might have been that it was best to check season ticketholders are still on board where Winter is concerned before locking a sizable chunk of the salary cap into his favoured big money imports. Suspect if he is still around by the end of July they've pretty much committed to keeping him in place through the 2012 season. Marketing surveys shouldn't drive franchise direction to that extent but it's the marketing types that call the shots at MLSE rather than people who had a pro level playing and/or coaching career.

And look where our team is.

Auzzy
06-26-2011, 02:01 AM
In the survery, they asked about preferred days & times for the games (afternoons, evenings), but didn't offer the obvious choice: Afternoon for the early & late season games when it's cold; evening in the summer when it's hot.

They also didn't ask how we like having massive number of home games very early in the season, when the weather generally sucks in Toronto, and almost no home games in the summer....

Kevvv
06-26-2011, 08:51 PM
ps. Other other "not knowing anything about soccer", #2 and #4 are pretty much the same thing.

My vision of #2 is someone on their phone, standing up, and waving at someone on the other side of the stadium. And then leaving after the beer girl clocks out at the 65. Not that I've ever seen that in my section.

Mark in Ottawa
06-27-2011, 11:58 AM
I get lots of e-mail from them but never saw this survey.
Then again I am only a lowly partial pack holder.

Maybe they will send me a partial survey :facepalm:

Question:
"Did you enjoy getting screwed over having to buy Marlies Tickets better than having us up the partial packages to 9 games from 6?"

Question:
"Did you mind that when we sold you the 1/2 season package of 9 games that we never mentioned that we would be selling flex packs of 4 games later on?"

Question:
"Do you think Bastard, as in 75 Mile Bastard, is a bad word?" :rolleyes:

Wull
06-27-2011, 12:50 PM

-Scottish
-British

I answered Scottish, if british was the only option I would have chosen Other