PDA

View Full Version : Northend United!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Just a vision.....:drum:

http://i54.tinypic.com/2i0wzkl.png

mastermixer
06-22-2011, 11:02 AM
That may be the only thing that will re-energize support for this team again, because the team itself sure isn't helping much at this point.

__wowza
06-22-2011, 11:05 AM
anyone else wanna take the lead on a push for next season?

TFC John
06-22-2011, 11:06 AM
How many seats are in the north end and how many members are in all of the supporters groups?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-22-2011, 11:07 AM
anyone else wanna take the lead on a push for next season?

Im sure its being discussed.......

Will FO bite??

Don't count on it..

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-22-2011, 11:11 AM
How many seats are in the north end and how many members are in all of the supporters groups?

Approx 1200 in the north stand....

as for the supportners....not sure....but i would guess not enough to fill it as of now......but it would definitly give the supporters groups room to do what they want to do...and open the groups up for recruitment.... Enough space to build something special

mdc 77
06-22-2011, 11:23 AM
To be honest I think its best to keep supporters sections in the south stand. I think the north stand should be a cheap section but not a designated supporter section, the stand is just too far from the pitch. I don't really get why this is so important.

prizby
06-22-2011, 12:04 PM
To be honest I think its best to keep supporters sections in the south stand. I think the north stand should be a cheap section but not a designated supporter section, the stand is just too far from the pitch. I don't really get why this is so important.

so how do you solve the problem with the tourists coming into the 112/113 and having their hooligan day out lighting up flairs so security can have a massive clamp down again?

it is important because 112 is supposively where the Red Patch Boys are, but scalpers and non regulars still find a way of getting tickets to that section.

Making supporters section to be actuallty affiliated with the groups with the ticket holders in that section members only (much like SOB's do in Philly) would be much easier for "security" purposes and would ease the problems with exactly what we have seen over the past couple years with "tourists" wanting their "hooligan day out"

FreekAce
06-22-2011, 01:30 PM
so how do you solve the problem with the tourists coming into the 112/113 and having their hooligan day out lighting up flairs so security can have a massive clamp down again?

it is important because 112 is supposively where the Red Patch Boys are, but scalpers and non regulars still find a way of getting tickets to that section.

Making supporters section to be actuallty affiliated with the groups with the ticket holders in that section members only (much like SOB's do in Philly) would be much easier for "security" purposes and would ease the problems with exactly what we have seen over the past couple years with "tourists" wanting their "hooligan day out"

i could've sworn that the last incidents at BMO involved no tourists...

also the logistics of setting up something like that is going to be a nightmare. i'd love to see the support united, but actually getting it done is easier said then done. dont think the club see's the benefits outweighing the enormous hassle it would take to make it happen.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Just a vision.....:drum:

http://i54.tinypic.com/2i0wzkl.png

How could i forget the roof....:facepalm:

http://i51.tinypic.com/28lz51z.png

kodiakTFC
06-22-2011, 01:48 PM
It would be incredible and we could easily scrap 1200 together. There are still plenty of people like myself who want to be in the supporters section and make some noise but can't. I'm at the top of 111 so I chant here and there but its mostly dead.

With that said, it wont happen. Its not in MLSEs budget and those seats are more 'luxerious' with cup holders and such. Also, I'm not sure its safe to have 1200 people jumping on that thing with the beer garden below it but maybe it is, i dont know. Another point is that people have season tickets in there now and the biggest reason why MLSE wont give us control over a section is because they don't want to boot out people who sit there now.

Our best bet is to talk to management about controlling our own sectionm, show them examples of how it works in Philly and the benefit it has created. Then discuss with them what options they would be open with whether it be granting a few sections in the south the various supporters or to take over the north. For instance in the first option; 112 RPB, 113 Usector, 114 NEE (assuming they'd be willing). Those groups would have the entire summer to fill their allocation of tickets.

I'd prefer we were all in the north but i just don't see TFC ever allowing it.

MartinUtd
06-22-2011, 01:52 PM

What's stopped the same thing from happening in the north end? The funneling up the flights of stairs?

kodiakTFC
06-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Also of note, if we did move to the North end i don't think a capo stand would be possible.

prizby
06-22-2011, 03:02 PM
What's stopped the same thing from happening in the north end? The funneling up the flights of stairs?

what do u mean by same thing?

MartinUtd
06-22-2011, 03:06 PM
What's stopping tourists from creeping into the section? If SG's owned the tickets in 112 then I hardly see what the difference relocating to the north would be.

Nomad
06-22-2011, 03:12 PM
also the logistics of setting up something like that is going to be a nightmare. i'd love to see the support united, but actually getting it done is easier said then done. dont think the club see's the benefits outweighing the enormous hassle it would take to make it happen.

I don't think it would be that much of a hassle at all compared to the hassle their bottom line is going to get when even more people don't renew next year because of the lack of support and thus the lack of excitement and enthusiasm. The FO are living on past laurels and people are getting wise to it every match.

You can take the corner supporters sections (127, 119, 111, top of 110), revert them back to family seating, switch out the seats from the north stand with these sections and have all the corners up there. Give people in these sections the choice to stay or go and give the SGs top priority for seat relocation.

In an ideal world they'd remove the seats altogether, have the fire marshall figure out maximum capacity and have the whole stand general admission terraced. It's not like most people in the SG sections follow their seat numbers anyway, or even sit down. The seats are just a waste of money. You could have them as replacements when other seats get broken or install them whenever they have another concert or event at BMO.

Nomad
06-22-2011, 03:16 PM
What's stopping tourists from creeping into the section? If SG's owned the tickets in 112 then I hardly see what the difference relocating to the north would be.

You can't force people out of the existing sections who have tickets but you can start fresh with a new section and give priority to SG members. You can also explicitly state to non-SG members what is expected in those sections. Right now you have a lot of ppl in the south end who are there just because it's the cheap ticket. If you removed the more passionate supporters to the north it would free up more tickets in the south for people who want to stand but aren't really into the whole supporters thing. It would give people a choice between cheaper and supporter instead of having to take one with the other. If people weren't into support they'd still have options elsewhere.

MartinUtd
06-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Haven't they already distributed north end tickets, though? The same hurdles will be faced either way.

prizby
06-22-2011, 03:53 PM

teh SG's don't have all the tickets in 112..and thats the issue

prizby
06-22-2011, 03:54 PM
I don't think it would be that much of a hassle at all compared to the hassle their bottom line is going to get when even more people don't renew next year because of the lack of support and thus the lack of excitement and enthusiasm. The FO are living on past laurels and people are getting wise to it every match.

You can take the corner supporters sections (127, 119, 111, top of 110), revert them back to family seating, switch out the seats from the north stand with these sections and have all the corners up there. Give people in these sections the choice to stay or go and give the SGs top priority for seat relocation.

In an ideal world they'd remove the seats altogether, have the fire marshall figure out maximum capacity and have the whole stand general admission terraced. It's not like most people in the SG sections follow their seat numbers anyway, or even sit down. The seats are just a waste of money. You could have them as replacements when other seats get broken or install them whenever they have another concert or event at BMO.

can't do complete terracing since BMO Field is used for FIFA sanctioned games (have to revert to all seaters...hence the quality of "seat" in 112 is quite different than 108)

Nomad
06-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Haven't they already distributed north end tickets, though? The same hurdles will be faced either way.

Most northend tickets are walk ups. There are some STH there but i'm willing to bet they're people who bought only to get into the STH pool. I'm willing to bet money they're either up for relocation or they want to be part of the supporter atmosphere.

MartinUtd
06-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Most northend tickets are walk ups. There are some STH there but i'm willing to bet they're people who bought only to get into the STH pool. I'm willing to bet money they're either up for relocation or they want to be part of the supporter atmosphere.

Ah, that's what I'm missing. Still though, people will have to be relocated either way. It almost seems like more fuss to move everyone north.

Whoop
06-22-2011, 04:06 PM
I don't think there are many STHs in the North End.

I'd venture to guess it's less than 50.

KRO
06-22-2011, 04:56 PM
The wife and I sit in the front row at the north end and we've been STH's since day one. We've moved around to get better value and we love the seats. If you guys move in to our section it would be great. Much better atmosphere and half the price for the season tickets. Bring it on.

Mexinese
06-22-2011, 05:18 PM
As amazing as this would look, unfortunately MLSE Would absolutely hate this ( Y'know, the flags, streamers, banners and the people ):facepalm:

Cashcleaner
06-22-2011, 05:35 PM
I used to be a big proponet of moving over to the North Stand, but after standing in 112 a few times this season getting a feel for the place and thinking hard about the North End I'm sorta lukewarm to the idea of a move. There are still some good reasons to do so, but overall I'm starting to think it might not be the promised land, and I'd imagine it would be very hard to move back if things there didn't turn out the way we wanted.

The three big benefits of the South Stand are the fact that we have a view of the videoboard (which I'm sure the capos appreciate), the sun is at our backs (maybe not a big deal for some, but helps us eye-glass wearers out immensely), and we're much closer to the action on the field.

Yes, there are good reasons for moving, but I think we need to look at the good reasons for staying as well.

RedRum
06-23-2011, 01:27 AM
I used to be a big proponet of moving over to the North Stand, but after standing in 112 a few times this season getting a feel for the place and thinking hard about the North End I'm sorta lukewarm to the idea of a move. There are still some good reasons to do so, but overall I'm starting to think it might not be the promised land, and I'd imagine it would be very hard to move back if things there didn't turn out the way we wanted.

The three big benefits of the South Stand are the fact that we have a view of the videoboard (which I'm sure the capos appreciate), the sun is at our backs (maybe not a big deal for some, but helps us eye-glass wearers out immensely), and we're much closer to the action on the field.

Yes, there are good reasons for moving, but I think we need to look at the good reasons for staying as well.

1. Video scoreboard should be put over the south stand as well, irregardless of a move. Video technology is relatively cheap - this isn't 1983.

2. Wear sunglasses.

3. Supporters the world over are behind the goal and not stuffed into a TV friendly corner for a reason. Have you been up in the North Stand? You feel on top of the play and the view is way better than 112.

Personally I feel support of the team should outweigh anything else, and you can't tell me 1000 voices in unison would be better and more powerful than 4 different chants going on in 4 different sections as we have now. Think of the height of the stand - overheads and displays would look amazing and would be clearly visible to everyone.

Frankly I can't see any reason for staying - both support and attendance has been in a decline for over 2 years. We are clearly being out-supported by Seattle, Portland, Chicago, DC, and maybe even Columbus at this point (who were garbage before all the supporters moved in together). Montreal will have better support than us next year, and you can take that to the bank. How is that going to feel?

NEWPY
06-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Very frustrating to hear 4 different chants at once, this year my seat is in 113 closer to 112. this space between RPB & U-Sector has far too many fair-weather fans.I look around me and think to myself can we not get Proper supporters who make noise. Northstand all the way.:drinking:

ochos
06-26-2011, 07:30 PM
NEE in 114/115 would surely revitalize the south end... but it'll never happen

FluSH
06-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Take me to the North!

TFC1154ever
06-26-2011, 07:50 PM
eh, 115 does it's job....well at least rows 13 to the top. :D

TFCDP
06-26-2011, 10:14 PM
It would be a fresh start... It would be nice if we could do a trial for a game.