06-21-2011, 09:49 AM
3-2 New England

Carts
06-21-2011, 09:57 AM
3-2 New England

:facepalm:

Detroit_TFC
06-21-2011, 10:14 AM
Like I said on the Twitter, déjà vu all over again.

cincy
06-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Omphroy with 2 goals for TFC

Carts
06-21-2011, 10:48 AM
New England game-winning-goal in the 86th minute off a set piece...

Déjà vu is right... :picard:

PopePouri
06-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Omphroy with 2 goals for TFC

Good on him. Hopefully this performance will get him on the bench soon.

Carts
06-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Good on him. Hopefully this performance will get him on the bench soon.

With the injuries we seem to accumulate every week - he might jump straight to the starting 11...

bones
06-21-2011, 11:50 AM
I found it interesting that Gargan is getting playing time with the reserves.

Bones...

menefreghista
06-21-2011, 11:50 AM
To me the result is irrelevant.

What I wouldn't mind knowing is if there were any players who looked ready to step into the first team?

PopePouri
06-21-2011, 11:58 AM
With the injuries we seem to accumulate every week - he might jump straight to the starting 11...

It's possible they're grooming him to play RW and that he's not performing at RB. I'm okay with that. I still think Soolsma sucks.

Section 117
06-21-2011, 12:49 PM

I watched him play last Friday night with the academy team along with Stinson and Makayuba??? They did absolutely nothing to merit even a consideration to even start on the bench. Also at the game was Winter, Deklerk, Mariner and bent watching them play

Rocket Robin
06-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Result of the Tuesday June 21st, 2011 MLS Reserves game between Toronto FC and New England Revolution played at BMO Field at 9:00am.

30 min...TFC Demitrius Omphroy GOAL...TFC Keith Makubuya in rush in middle rolls pass from 30 yards to right where Omphroy shoots low 30 yard kick to low left corner past diving goalie Bobby Shuttleworth.

38 min...Revs Dominik Machado GOAL...Revs Diego Fagundez crossed from left and Revs Alan Koger headed from 5 yards which hit the bar and bounced down for Machado to knock in 5 yarder into center of net.

59 min...Revs Otto Loewy GOAL...Revs Zak Boggs is tapped over a pass from the left and and he centers a pass to a Revs player who sets up Loewy to blast a low 20 yarder into net past goalie Milos Kocic.

62 min...TFC Demitrius Omphroy GOAL...Omphroy on left blasts 22 yard freekick into player wall but he gets rebound in almost the same spot and has him shoot into top right corner of net.

86 min...Revs Ryan Guy GOAL...Revs Diego Fagundez cornerkick from left has charging Guy rush across from right between defenders and knock 3 yarder into center of net.

Final Score:...Toronto FC Reserves..........2............New England Revolution..........3......

Attendance picked up to about 30 (from 8 at the start) for all reserves game fans forced into the south stands. At halftime the first of the school children made their way in to the east stands for the special open practice that was scheduled to start at 11:00am (right after this game). By the time the game ended, I'd estimate there were about 2500 kids there. That was comparable to the Toronto Lynx schoolday games of ten years ago...kids are still the same—their biggest “oohs and ahhs” go to goalie high punts and shots by players that are 30 feet over the net.

Dave Barrie was the referee and gave out just a few cards for a game that resulted in a few players injured but hopefully not seriously. At 25 minutes TFC Matt Stinson jumped at the TFC 45 yard line to avoid Revs Stephen McCarthy's sliding tackle but it was McCarthy who was injured and had to leave the game. McCarthy earned a Yellow card on the play. At 40 minutes Revs Andrew Sousa took a 40 yard freekick from the right that had the goalie Kocic fumbled on his jump, the ball was cleared but Kocic landed on the already fallen Nathan Kelsey mashing his head on the ground. Kelsey returned to the game after treatment.

I saw TFC management from the main team, the Reserves, and the Senior and Junior Academies. First team players were also watching because they would be called in at 11:00am for the main practice. Another message board poster said TFC head coach Aron Winter was there although I didn't notice.

One of the fun things to watch is how the Academy players hold their own against main team bench players. Defender Jordan Murrell who is captain of the Senior Academy held his own (but the main team already has Academy grads Doneil Henry and Ashtone Morgan (who was used today) that just sit on the bench in MLS games (except Henry has started the last few games because of injuries). Defender Brandon John was not used but spent almost the entire game running the end lines warming up. Goaltender Angelo Cavalluzo was not used either but that was not unexpected as Milos Kocic needed the work as Stefan Frei has played every minute of all MLS games and Canadian Championship games (even the second leg game against NASL league team Edmonton when TFC already had a 3-0 aggregate lead).

The TFC Reserves gave up the winning goal on a set piece near the end of the game. Even from 110 yards away at the opposite end this play looked like a slow motion car crash. The Revs are also a struggling team with only as many points as TFC but a game in hand. I didn't see the Reserves play the Aron Winter system but more like two forwards of Keith Makubuya and Matt Gold. Demitrius Omphroy took almost all the corners and freekicks for TFC but Ashtone Morgan took the ones from more than 40 yards. Summing up the day at 72 minutes TFC Tristan Jackman crossed from the left to a charging Oscar Cordon on the right at 25 yards but the ball hit Cordon in the back of the head—one of those days!

Rocket Robin
robing@eol.ca (robing@eol.ca)

Rocket Robin
06-21-2011, 10:06 PM
http://22066.vws.magma.ca/reports11/11tfc411.htm
pictures from today's game.

Carts
06-21-2011, 10:09 PM
I watched him play last Friday night with the academy team along with Stinson and Makayuba??? They did absolutely nothing to merit even a consideration to even start on the bench. Also at the game was Winter, Deklerk, Mariner and bent watching them play

I was just joking / remarking about our injuries...

Sorry at my lack of smiley faces...

jloome
06-22-2011, 01:34 AM
Omphroy can dance with the ball and has a cannon, so maybe they'll pull a Kevin Phillips with him and move him to striker.

deschamp86
06-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Omphroy can dance with the ball and has a cannon, so maybe they'll pull a Kevin Phillips with him and move him to striker.

If I recall correctly Omphroy was originally a striker but was moved to RB in college

Section 117
06-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Carts no worries. I was just stating what I saw in the academy game. IMO it doesn't bode well for these players who are with the senior squad playing with the academy and don't stand out was my point

PopePouri
06-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Carts no worries. I was just stating what I saw in the academy game. IMO it doesn't bode well for these players who are with the senior squad playing with the academy and don't stand out was my point

I think some of the academy guys were rushed. Some were merited like Cordon and Morgan but Stinson and Makabuya probably weren't ready. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make the team next year especially with other talent coming through like Vukovic.