PDA

View Full Version : TFC roster turnover?

Ivan
06-20-2011, 10:24 AM
I remember in year 3 (Trader Mo days) we were at 62 players. On Saturday a mate was telling me we're up to 97 now. With Stevanovic gone and the transfer window coming, 100 by summer's end should be no problem.

I know the MLS is notorious for this -- it's bad in LA, too, for instance --
and a fact of life for the league, but is our turnover rate high? The highest? Has anyone seem a comparison?

Ossington Mental Youth
06-20-2011, 10:30 AM
dont think youll see a huge amount of turn over after this, sure one or two guys will be leaving (Gargan ahem) but overall the team will remain the same with a few added.
Its pretty fucking retarded how much inconsistency we've had in the past

Beach_Red
06-20-2011, 11:12 AM
dont think youll see a huge amount of turn over after this, sure one or two guys will be leaving (Gargan ahem) but overall the team will remain the same with a few added.
Its pretty fucking retarded how much inconsistency we've had in the past

It's also amazing how few players come to TFC and really shine. The number who have a good game ro two and then fade to mediocrity is very high. Maybe that's something that will change with consistent coaching and more thorough scouting before signing players.

jabbronies
06-20-2011, 11:20 AM
It's also amazing how few players come to TFC and really shine. The number who have a good game ro two and then fade to mediocrity is very high. Maybe that's something that will change with consistent coaching and more thorough scouting before signing players.

Players who have shined in a TFC uniform:

Dero
Frei
Guevera
Dichio
Robinson

Anyone else?

Ossington Mental Youth
06-20-2011, 11:22 AM

agreed, itll make a big difference

Wull
06-20-2011, 11:23 AM

Dero
Frei
Guevera
Dichio
Robinson

Anyone else?

Eckersley, Edu

Beach_Red
06-20-2011, 11:30 AM

Dero
Frei
Guevera
Dichio
Robinson

Anyone else?

Sorry, I should have said, "Stayed at TFC," or "Signed a second contract with TFC."

Only one guy on your list finished his career with TFC and remained with the organization (we'll see about Frei who was drafted and had few options but to sign here). We know MLS is a development league (mostly) but as much as TFC's problem has been signing players (and the biggest Excuse offered for the team this year is the poor roster Winter inherited) a bigger problem may be keeping them. Let's hope that's something that changes.

DangerRed
06-20-2011, 11:43 AM

Dero
Frei
Guevera
Dichio
Robinson

Anyone else?

Now let's compile a list of players who have shined once they took off their TFC uniform. I'd daresay that the comparison isn't in TFC's favour.