PDA

View Full Version : Does Dickov Play Today?

noochie
07-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Just wondering if anyone thinks there is a chance that we may see him today seeing as how this is just a friendly match. I am not 100% that there are rules in FIFA/CONCACAF preventing a guest player from taking the pitch in a friendly, but I haven't really looked into it either.

It may be a good chance to get a run out on the pitch at game speed.

Broadview
07-05-2008, 01:35 PM
He's not on contract anywhere, is he?

As long as that's the case, I don't see how it would be any different than the Kiki experiment during the pre-season.

That's just me using common sense though, MLS and Fifa may have other ideas.

I'd love to see the guy though.

Corpand
07-05-2008, 01:50 PM
yea, Dickov was officially released by ManCity july 3rd so I dont see why it would be different than when we brought in Pachuco and the likes. Only thing is that Carver might want to start the youngsters instead, give them some playing time.

Broadview
07-05-2008, 01:59 PM
yea, Dickov was officially released by ManCity july 3rd so I dont see why it would be different than when we brought in Pachuco and the likes. Only thing is that Carver might want to start the youngsters instead, give them some playing time.

I understand that there's no substitution limit. I'd like to see how he gels with the 1st team, even if it's only for a part of a half.

You're right though, the kids gotta play.

I hope to see Gabe Gala today. He was getting raves in the Cdn U-20 game against Argentina.

noochie
07-05-2008, 02:04 PM
I hope we see the kids and a suprise appearance by Dickov. I actually can't wait to see Ibbe. Did anyone else notice that Gyan has "grown" a wee bit? He looks strong, and is gonna be a great player for us in the near future.

djking2
07-05-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm thinking there are liability and insurance issues with Dickov stepping on the field during a match. maybe not

Bobo
07-05-2008, 03:05 PM
I hope to see Gabe Gala today. He was getting raves in the Cdn U-20 game against Argentina.

I was actually quite impressed with the few minutes he got last season.