PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Worst Sports City in NA

OurGame
06-19-2011, 12:53 PM
No big surprise here...

great tfc game yesterday ..
any common denom's ??

welcome to your Carlsberg years fella's ...

http://www.680news.com/news/local/article/242861--toronto-worst-sports-city-in-north-america-espn

Brooker
06-19-2011, 01:01 PM
We're pretty depressing but no way are we the worst.

Cashcleaner
06-19-2011, 01:05 PM
I honestly can't argue with this. The only good teams we've had for a while were the Argonauts and Rock, and of course Torontonians can't be bother to watch those teams play. Canadian football and Lacrosse are beneath our cultured sensibilities. :rolleyes5:

Whoop
06-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Toronto has been near the bottom of the cities list for the last few years in the rankings compiled by ESPN. (based on the big four - NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL).... nothing new.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings#table

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/top/blog/canada/post/The-Centre-of-the-Universe-is-also-the-Armpit-of;_ylt=ApjzCCGtgbWA1VNgP8wNTW1ShgM6?urn=top-wp133

TFC07
06-19-2011, 01:52 PM
ML$E is reason why we suck! Their management and greed is killing our teams and making our teams into "brands" and selling it to suits.

Blue Jays in the other hand just play in very tough division. I am sure if AL had 8 playoffs spots, Blue Jays would make it to the playoffs a lot more often.

jazzy
06-19-2011, 01:58 PM
the way I felt leaving the stadium yesterday I would vote yes, esp with 2 guys and chick, seattle fans heckinlin TFC and Canadians , I don't think violence/anger is appropiate, but these were a sl*t and 2 Assholes.........and we had just shit the bed...........thank god Canada allows assholes everywhere to shit as they please...........I now never want to even associate with anyone from Seattle.....and glad I didn't go ballistic , although I may have said some nasty shit.......but please Toronto give me something to be proud of FFS, I may lose it at some point....thanx to the wife for keeping me grounded

Juanito
06-19-2011, 02:27 PM
We reap what we sow. The Leafs are one, if not THE worst franchise of the big four sports in North America. They lick balls, and they are expensive to watch. The Jays have taken the brunt of the 94 strike and the overall frustration of Toronto sports fans. They are our most successful team, yet they get little respect.

Thank you Maple Leafs. Your mediocrity has made us into the laughing stock of sports!

james
06-19-2011, 02:32 PM
I honestly can't argue with this. The only good teams we've had for a while were the Argonauts and Rock, and of course Torontonians can't be bother to watch those teams play. Canadian football and Lacrosse are beneath our cultured sensibilities. :rolleyes5:

well i would say look at the Rock or Arganauts as an example of not all toronto teams are bad, however its really hard to compare CFL with only 7 teams and lacrose with 10 teams. The competition is just a bit weak in numbers. Teams are sort of exspected to win championships at least once every 7-10 years and in a season there is just the odd 2 or so teams that can say they had a bad lossing season. Its much harder when you are competting against leagues like NBA,NHL, MLB with 30 teams where a good 10 teams or so can say they had a shit lossing season. And even MLS now coming to 20 teams makes it alot harder to compete.

Whoop
06-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Good thing they didn't add MLS franchises into the survey.

Brooker
06-19-2011, 02:52 PM
^^ we'd definitely be dead last on bang for your buck.

Shakes McQueen
06-19-2011, 02:57 PM
We reap what we sow. The Leafs are one, if not THE worst franchise of the big four sports in North America. They lick balls, and they are expensive to watch. The Jays have taken the brunt of the 94 strike and the overall frustration of Toronto sports fans. They are our most successful team, yet they get little respect.

Thank you Maple Leafs. Your mediocrity has made us into the laughing stock of sports!

How are the Jays our most successful team? The Leafs have made the playoffs in the last ten years, and have even been to a conference final. The Jays haven't done anything since 1993.

I think the "worst franchise in Toronto" tag, if you insist on giving one, could probably go to the Raptors, among the big four sports. A couple of anaemic playoff appearances, an inability to retain top talent, and nothing else.

People always default to the Leafs, because they can't get past "lol 1967", when the real story has more nuance than that.

- Scott

habstfc
06-19-2011, 03:00 PM
The worst sports ity in north america? Ha that's a laugh. When I think of worst sports cities I think of cities where people don't show up for games even when the team is half decent or better. Places like atlanta, miami. Toronto teams get tremendous support for all their teams even though they are all mediocre or less, pound for pound toronto may be the best sports city in north america.

Heathen
06-19-2011, 03:18 PM
the way I felt leaving the stadium yesterday I would vote yes, esp with 2 guys and chick, seattle fans heckinlin TFC and Canadians , I don't think violence/anger is appropiate, but these were a sl*t and 2 Assholes.........and we had just shit the bed...........thank god Canada allows assholes everywhere to shit as they please...........I now never want to even associate with anyone from Seattle.....and glad I didn't go ballistic , although I may have said some nasty shit.......but please Toronto give me something to be proud of FFS, I may lose it at some point....thanx to the wife for keeping me grounded

imo any visiting fans who take the piss deserve whatever comes their way, not that I'm encouraging violence or anything.

MartinUtd
06-19-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm looking forward to the next time Paul B pops is head in here. I think just maybe he'll get the treatment he deserves - that of a no talent stuffed suit who's looking for friends and legitimacy in the wrong places.

Whoop
06-19-2011, 03:46 PM
It's the weather's fault that Toronto isn't a strong sports city. ;)

OurGame
06-19-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm looking forward to the next time Paul B pops is head in here. I think just maybe he'll get the treatment he deserves - that of a no talent stuffed suit who's looking for friends and legitimacy in the wrong places.

IMO , PB of the front office has committed the ultimate fail..

he was handed amazing support on a platter and he ruined ..
but hey his tweets are witty ...

makes me sick ..MLS is not big league and never really will be but here in TO it felt like.. if they fostered support it could have been something special ..

Auzzy
06-19-2011, 04:25 PM
We're the orst, yippee!!

Alixir
06-19-2011, 04:48 PM
imo any visiting fans who take the piss deserve whatever comes their way, not that I'm encouraging violence or anything.if some away supporter starts runnin his gob at me in my stadium and city he will definately get whats comin to him, I don't give a fuck. Egg me on and your lips will be kissing the back of your throat.

CretanBull
06-19-2011, 04:55 PM
IMO , PB of the front office has committed the ultimate fail...

The day he told me - again, with a straight face - that the reason why TFC tickets were being bundled with Marlies tickets wasn't to gouge TFC fans but rather because there was demand for "multi-sport" packs was the day I gave up on him.

I'm not sure what defines our FO better, gouging fans with ransom packs or charging $150 for tickets to a friendly and offering a 10% "loyalty discount"....when other MLS teams rewarded their loyal fans with similar friendlies for free.

Laurignano
06-19-2011, 07:02 PM
The worst sports ity in north america? Ha that's a laugh. When I think of worst sports cities I think of cities where people don't show up for games even when the team is half decent or better. Places like atlanta, miami. Toronto teams get tremendous support for all their teams even though they are all mediocre or less, pound for pound toronto may be the best sports city in north america.

Toronto may be the best team in N.A. for support....but when looking at overall (ownership, product on field, stadium experience (besides TFC), cost, and winning) I'd say that we are pretty bad. I think that if we didn't have this tremendous support (total assumption) our teams would win a lot more because they HAVE to. But who knows!?

jazzy
06-19-2011, 07:12 PM
if some away supporter starts runnin his gob at me in my stadium and city he will definately get whats comin to him, I don't give a fuck. Egg me on and your lips will be kissing the back of your throat.

like I said earlier sort of glad I physically held back,....it really is the only way to go with kids and wives around BUT, the sick feeling is we were walking out of the park and NO ONE else even argued or gave the 3 jerk Seattle fans a dose of pride or straight talk , I felt alone in a sea of prideless fans/STH's...and theSeattle douche's were basically dissing Canadians.....I felt pretty shocked and embarrassed that my answering back was the ONLY voice to be heard.......and knew I would be prob alone, for whatever reason if the wanted to pursue other levels of F**k You's........frankly I was shocked, what with the way we lost and the heads btwn our tails of the fans around me....it was if these f@@kers were right, and we as Canadians are not proud..........and push-overs......at least verbally put people in their place for gods sake.. nice to know where our fans stand,...perfect mlse supporters

Beach_Red
06-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Toronto may be the best team in N.A. for support....but when looking at overall (ownership, product on field, stadium experience (besides TFC), cost, and winning) I'd say that we are pretty bad. I think that if we didn't have this tremendous support (total assumption) our teams would win a lot more because they HAVE to. But who knows!?

In the case of TFC you may be right. If they had sold only 4-5000 season tickets and then Seattle and other teams came into the league and started selling over 20,000 maybe they would have seen thenpotential to make more money set up a proper structure for the team, an experienced president, a proper GM, an experienced coach, scouting staff and so on. But, like they said about not signing a DP because they'd sold all the tickets maybe they didn't feel a proper FO wasn't necessary because they'd sold so many tickets.

TOBOR !
06-19-2011, 09:22 PM
This isn't news Mods, please move to appropriate forum.

prizby
06-19-2011, 09:42 PM
umm cleveland worse?

Azerban
06-19-2011, 09:43 PM
This isn't news Mods, please move to appropriate forum.

ahahaha yes

Oblio2
06-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Hey, at least we are #1 at something right.....

Do we get a "Shit"Trophy?

http://th930.photobucket.com/albums/ad146/Rainfogwoman/th_trophy_marino.png

Whoop
06-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Cleveland has at least been in the finals in the last decade or so.

Keystone FC
06-20-2011, 04:02 AM
If you know of anyone who is a Leafs fans AND a Cincy Bengals fan...you might want to have them put on a suicide watch.
Thank God for my Steelers and Pens....and Pirates (they may actually be a .500 club this season).

TOBOR !
06-20-2011, 07:03 AM
^ That's me... but I don't take life too seriously so I'll be fine.

phonzo
06-20-2011, 07:06 AM
least we win at being bad!

billyfly
06-20-2011, 07:19 AM
There have been at least 2 other threads on the same topic.

Damien
06-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Our teams DO suck, no doubt about it.

But they should also mention that a large quantity of tickets are purchased by companies and not fans, which in turn gets written off, so some of the "profit" is paid for by the government.

Also to be noted is our teams ability to be financially viable. You NEVER hear rumours about any of our pro teams packing up and leaving for Winnipeg or Albuquerque.

CretanBull
06-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Also to be noted is our teams ability to be financially viable. You NEVER hear rumours about any of our pro teams packing up and leaving for Winnipeg or Albuquerque.

"Toronto Sports Fans: More money than Brains!"

Fort York Redcoat
06-21-2011, 06:39 AM
There have been at least 2 other threads on the same topic.

Yeah but now ESPN thinks so...:rolleyes:

Batman
06-21-2011, 07:30 AM
Considering VALUE is a significant part of ESPNs equation, I can't argue with their findings at all.

Overpriced tickets and poor performing teams pretty much leads them to the bottom of the list.. and the leafs and raptors are both.

There may be a few teams that PERFORM worse than Toronto teams, but no one charges what Toronto teams do for delivering the crap they serve up year after year.

Glad TFC wasn't included or Toronto would have fallen off the bottom of the page.

This is all on MLSE...and what do they do about? Say it's not true! (see Brian Burkes comments from yesterday)

WestStandGeoff
06-21-2011, 09:21 AM
How are the Jays our most successful team? The Leafs have made the playoffs in the last ten years, and have even been to a conference final. The Jays haven't done anything since 1993.

I don't think that's a fair comparison - MLB playoff structure is the 3 division winners plus the best second place finisher going into the playoffs... if they expanded that to 5 'next best' teams like in NHL or NBA, the Jays would have made the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 seasons, and 7 of the last 9.

Northern Soul
06-21-2011, 09:26 AM
I don't think that's a fair comparison - MLB playoff structure is the 3 division winners plus the best second place finisher going into the playoffs... if they expanded that to 5 'next best' teams like in NHL or NBA, the Jays would have made the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 seasons, and 7 of the last 9.

I think the "worst franchise in Toronto" tag, if you insist on giving one, could probably go to the Raptors, among the big four sports. A couple of anaemic playoff appearances, an inability to retain top talent, and nothing else.

People always default to the Leafs, because they can't get past "lol 1967", when the real story has more nuance than that.

- Scott

Yeah, but the Jays won the World Series in both 92 and 93. The Leafs haven't won anything since 67. Making the playoffs isn't really a measure of success, although for any Toronto franchise it appears to have become one.

I agree with the Raptors. They're just abysmal.

Whoop
06-21-2011, 09:44 AM
I love MLSE's reaction. Attack ESPN.

ESPN has been doing these surveys since 2003. LOL

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/06/21/i-dont-think-espn-knows-squat-about-canada/

Love this quote from Anselmi.

“Sports is expensive,” Anselmi said. “If you’re not winning, a $2 hot dog or a $10 hot dog, they’re all going to taste bad.”

Two-stick? LOL

menefreghista
06-21-2011, 09:50 AM
LOL at Anselmi.

I think he needs to learn to shut his mouth. Why does he say shit like that?

__wowza
06-21-2011, 09:56 AM
“Sports is cyclical, there’s no doubt about it,” MLSE executive vice-president Tom Anselmi said.

OH FUCK MY LIFE THIS IS JUST AS BAD.

Suds
06-21-2011, 09:57 AM
The responses from Peddie, Burke, and Anselmi show just how out of it this crew at MLSE really is.

They have eaten their own dog shit, while professing how great it is, for so long that they don't even realize they are eating dog shit any more. This organization will not change because these ass-hats think everything is all roses. (well, as along as the profits are there they say it is)

Whoop
06-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Toronto: Where sports execs put their foot in their mouth better than anyone else. LOL

menefreghista
Funny how they all loved ESPN when it named Real Sports the best sports bar in North America. But now they don't know anything about Canada.

Whoop
^^
Touche!

Carts
06-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Funny how they all loved ESPN when it named Real Sports the best sports bar in North America. But now they don't know anything about Canada.

STANDING OVATION...!!!!

In fact, I'd love to see someone point-blank say this fact right to their face...

menefreghista
06-21-2011, 10:14 AM
I just figured after last seasons TFC town halls a guy like Anselmi would learn from that.

But it appears its not possible. There really is a culture of arrogance at MLSE about making money.

They need PR lessons there. Its really not that hard to appear humble. But these guys don't seem to have the proper filter to do that.

__wowza
06-21-2011, 10:18 AM
i forgot how to post youtube links:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM)

if these don't make you laugh, somethings wrong with your brain.

Redcoe15
06-21-2011, 10:21 AM
QFMFT!!! To MLSE:

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

http://cre8tivegang.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/jacktruth.jpg

Dbl_D
06-21-2011, 10:32 AM
It's the weather's fault that Toronto isn't a strong sports city. ;)

I agree with it being the weather... :)

but honestly the its fans(im not calling anyone out here... because we are the minority)... When they got that free kick at the 90th minute all the fans around me were expecting Seattle to score, karma well done (ever heard of the collective conscience)... then the peeps behind me started saying oh that's why they like shit-couver better... I tell you if they show on the 29th/2nd and start saying that, I'm am going to go ballistic... :facepalm: Toronto fans fickle

This fan mentality goes for every MLSE team... the majority expect them to be mediocre and lose... until we can create a winning fan mentality like the Yankees/ Cowboys/ Bulls we are forever destined to be shit

Toronto_Bhoy
06-21-2011, 10:37 AM
“Sports is expensive,” Anselmi said. “If you’re not winning, a $2 hot dog or a $10 hot dog, they’re all going to taste bad.”

How would we know what a $2 hot dog tastes like? They've never sold us one.

Fort York Redcoat
06-21-2011, 10:45 AM

"They" who? Link please...

There's been an outpouring of disappointment over RealSports on this board. Myself included. Very few champion that establishment.

Whoop
06-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Richard Peddie was championing it though.

http://www.mlse.com/news/realsports_bestbar090110.aspx

Just doing a search... they're thinking of opening another one in London Ontario.

Parkdale
06-21-2011, 10:50 AM
How would we know what a $2 hot dog tastes like? They've never sold us one.

A 2 dollar hotdog tastes exactly like the ones that guy sells on Atlantic Ave before the games. $3 will get you a sausage and all the toppings are included.

The saddest comparison is the Pizza Pizza slice.

It's like $2 at a pizza joint, but double that (or more) at a sporting venue

Fort York Redcoat
06-21-2011, 10:53 AM

Just doing a search... they're thinking of opening another one in London Ontario.

My bad menefreghista. I thought you were talking about people here not MLSE, media, etc. Big difference. I don't really rate their opinion.:D

menefreghista
06-21-2011, 10:54 AM

Thanks Vic, you are the master of finding good links.

I was too lazy to look for something, especially when I remembered it quite well.

My bad menefreghista. I thought you were talking about people here not MLSE, media, etc. Big difference. I don't really rate their opinion.:D

LOL. No worries.

WestStandGeoff
06-21-2011, 11:08 AM
A 2 dollar hotdog tastes exactly like the ones that guy sells on Atlantic Ave before the games. $3 will get you a sausage and all the toppings are included.

The saddest comparison is the Pizza Pizza slice.

It's like $2 at a pizza joint, but double that (or more) at a sporting venue

That's one of the examples I cited last fall when the club sent me a follow-up survey after the town hall meetings. The way I put it, I can get a whole pie at any Pizza Pizza for the cost of 2 slices at the game... and it's fresh when it lands in my hands, not cooked 45 minutes before getting individulally packaged and sold in the stands.

Also keep in mind that the slice you get at a Pizza Pizza store is substantially bigger than the ones at BMO, so it's closer to tripple or quadruple the price once you factor in the size.

Davenport
06-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Anagrams of "Anselmi".....

Liesman - he is
Malines - he does
Menials - that's us
Seminal - not
Lesmian - A "b" short of a gay lady
M Aliens - that explains the size of his head
Sam Neil - An actor
An Slime - Yes !

nobodybeatsthewiz
06-21-2011, 12:43 PM

if we're talking about the worst supported sports cities in N.A. then yes, agreed, hands down you hit the nail on the head, atlanta and miami (and near any city in florida for that matter) take the cake. unfortunately this is an independent espn study in which they use a variety of factors.

nobodybeatsthewiz
06-21-2011, 12:47 PM
as long as people are discussing each criterion here and their on its own, the best supported team in north american sports, in pretty close to a landslide, has to be the chicago cubs.

Suds
06-21-2011, 12:48 PM
^^
I agree, but I don't think ESPN was talking about or taking into account fan support. In that area maybe we would be at the top. Which is kind of sad because of how bad our teams have been lately.

ESPN's article is a shot at the teams and organization themselves, not the people supporting those teams.

Whoop
06-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Even the Cubs had some lean years in terms of support in the '80s.

But the ESPN survey wasn't about support.

menefreghista
06-21-2011, 12:49 PM
The ESPN article used criteria like results and value for the paying customer.

Its hard to argue the Leafs shouldn't be near the bottom of any list that takes those kinds of things into account.

Whoop
06-21-2011, 12:52 PM
MLSE wasn't complaining in 2003. Or Toronto sports fans.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings/_/year/2003#table

Or 2004

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings/_/year/2004#table

etc.

It wasn't until Toronto hit rock bottom that MLSE started complaining though if you go through the years, Toronto kept dropping in the rankings.

ManUtd4ever
06-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Well, if it's any consolation, at least the Leafs and the Jays had winning records last year...:o

billyfly
06-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Ok. Let's look at favour of the decade - Boston.

Before this incredible run that they are on BoSox since 1917, Bruins since 1972, Celtics since 1986, Patriots only won their 1st Superbowl in 2001.

Does this mean one day our turn will come? Watcha say sporting gods?

Whoop
06-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Yeah but Boston still went to the World Series in 1946, 1967, 1975 and 1986.

Boston went to the Stanley Cup finals in 1974, 1977, 1978, 1988 and 1990.

New England went to the Super Bowl in 1986 and 1997.

I think Cleveland would be the worst of the American cities.

TFCRegina
06-21-2011, 04:52 PM
I hear they're implementing TOTAL BASKETBALL with the Raptors.

Blazer
06-21-2011, 05:01 PM
The article is deceiving.

I doubt very much (but have no real proof) that we are indeed the “worst sports city” especially coming off of the heels of a Vancouver riot and a Florida Marlins season attendance average of just over 16,000.

I can however agree with the assessment that bang for buck, this city and its teams are nothing short of pathetic. And that I can absolutely prove.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Whoop
06-21-2011, 05:18 PM
The criteria...

Bang For The Buck (BNG): Wins during the past three years (regular season plus postseason) per revenues directly from fans, adjusted for league schedules.

Fan Relations (FRL): Openness and consideration toward fans by players, coaches and management.

Ownership (OWN): Honesty and loyalty to core players and local community.

Affordability (AFF): Price of tickets, parking and concessions.

Stadium Experience (STX): Quality of arena and game-day promotions as well as friendliness of environment.

Players (PLA): Effort on the field and likability off it.

Coaching (CCH): Strength of on-field leadership.

Title Track (TTR): Championships already won or expected in the lifetime of current fans.

Under OWNERSHIP .... good thing TFC wasn't included in the mix. Wow.

Blazer
06-21-2011, 05:38 PM
The criteria...

Under OWNERSHIP .... good thing TFC wasn't included in the mix. Wow.

Bahahahahahahahaha! This city really is pathetic!

Juanito
06-21-2011, 06:54 PM
The article is deceiving.

I doubt very much (but have no real proof) that we are indeed the “worst sports city” especially coming off of the heels of a Vancouver riot and a Florida Marlins season attendance average of just over 16,000.

I can however agree with the assessment that bang for buck, this city and its teams are nothing short of pathetic. And that I can absolutely prove.

Take it with a grain of salt.

I hope MLSE takes this and sees that they DO NOT give value for the money their fans pay. The UVP (to use a business term) is FUCKING SQUAT!!

However, Anselmi and his staff of cock-lackeys have their head so far up their ass, they would know what they each other has for breakfast!!!

billyfly
06-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Yeah but Boston still went to the World Series in 1946, 1967, 1975 and 1986.

Boston went to the Stanley Cup finals in 1974, 1977, 1978, 1988 and 1990.

New England went to the Super Bowl in 1986 and 1997.

I think Cleveland would be the worst of the American cities.

To me that doesn't matter. They didn't win.

Shakes McQueen
06-21-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm trying to keep track of how this works - so, making the finals but losing is a good thing, but making your conference final and losing isn't worth mentioning. Got it.

- Scott

billyfly
06-21-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm trying to keep track of how this works - so, making the finals but losing is a good thing, but making your conference final and losing isn't worth mentioning. Got it.

- Scott

Yup. They have this thing in Portugal (before Sheen came up with it) it's called Bi-Champion (campeao) if you make the finals.

Whoop
06-21-2011, 07:51 PM
To me that doesn't matter. They didn't win.

- Scott

It's wins over the last 3 years.

Over the last decade how many cities have had champions?

But you don't want to included conference finals either... it just makes Toronto look worse.

tfcleeds
06-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Even the Cubs had some lean years in terms of support in the '80s.

But the ESPN survey wasn't about support.

Yup, so much so that it caused Lee Elia to go on one of the best rants of all time:

uv23pqH9iG0

"85% of the fucking world is working, the other 15% show up here"

Hahaha.

Whoop
06-21-2011, 08:02 PM
The following year the Cubs won the division.

Shakes McQueen
06-21-2011, 08:14 PM

But you don't want to included conference finals either... it just makes Toronto look worse.

You misunderstood my sarcasm. :D

- Scott

billyfly
06-21-2011, 08:22 PM

What we are saying is, either win or don't.

Whoop
06-21-2011, 08:36 PM
You misunderstood my sarcasm. :D

- Scott

I see Scott isn't as serious. :lol:

Whoop
06-21-2011, 08:38 PM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/article/1012890--cox-toronto-has-become-a-coaching-graveyard

Not a huge Cox fan.... but he touches on TFC in the column.

BFin
06-21-2011, 08:44 PM

Come on Billy...if that were true why would anyone make the playoffs with a loss on their record?

It's called putting a product on the field that will entertain people on a nightly basis and provide more wins than losses, hopefully amounting to a champion. Of the major sports only the Jays have won more than they have lost in the last 3 years. That's pathetic when we have 3 of the 4 major sports in this city.

P-NUTZ
06-23-2011, 01:46 PM
IMO - toronto, as far as its sports teams, is the biggest loser city ever (except for the jays winning those two pennants in a row which kicked big time ass) they continuously fail and suck ass and have gone through 20 coaches in the last 5 years. LOSERS!

and because i love/support tfc it sometimes makes me feel like a loser.

;(

note: love the city - hate the losing in sports so much!

billyfly
06-23-2011, 05:52 PM
I seem to remember before their more recent run, Philadelphia was the biggest loser city. This included the Philly Athelics (now Oakland) in the mix.

Brooker
06-23-2011, 07:18 PM
While we're no doubt near the bottom, I still don't believe we're rock bottom the worst. Then again, no city loves to kick the shit out of itself more than Toronto so I'm not surprised people just can't get enough of this article.

OurGame
06-23-2011, 08:12 PM
While we're no doubt near the bottom, I still don't believe we're rock bottom the worst. Then again, no city loves to kick the shit out of itself more than Toronto so I'm not surprised people just can't get enough of this article.

The main reason for the thread is that MLSE is the cancer in the city..
They making SUCKING an art form ..

just simply look at their track record .. TFC is the joke of the MLS ..

Blazer
06-23-2011, 11:10 PM
^ You're right on that last point at least.

Rather than defending this city or being the eternal opologist the way some are, I'd like to know of a more desperate city at this point and the reasons explaining why/how they could be more pathetic than us.

Whoop
06-23-2011, 11:12 PM
The only city would be Cleveland as they haven't won anything in a long time.

Fort York Redcoat
06-24-2011, 07:30 AM
Toronto is the best sports city in the world to become a sports fan. No one will ever accuse you of bandwagoning or gloryhunting.

ryan
06-24-2011, 07:50 AM
Toronto is the best sports city in the world to become a sports fan. No one will ever accuse you of bandwagoning or gloryhunting.

I assume you aren't one of the million GTA'ers who rushed out to buy a Canucks t-shirt 2 weeks ago?

Fort York Redcoat
06-24-2011, 07:54 AM
^Yup.Absolutely fucking shameful.

Support. Your. Local.

Everything else is excuses.

Shakes McQueen
06-25-2011, 06:06 AM

I've alwas kind of reacted with disbelief when people from elsewhere call Toronto sports fans "sheep" or idiots for supporting terrible, poorly managed teams.

What would you have them do? Support another team? Walk away?

True fans can't do either. These are our local teams, and I can't help but support them.

- Scott

Batman
06-25-2011, 07:34 AM
The main reason for the thread is that MLSE is the cancer in the city..
They making SUCKING an art form ..

just simply look at their track record .. TFC is the joke of the MLS ..

when you combine their collective SUCK with some on the highest prices in the respective leagues... that's when you've really got a winner on your hands...

That's why Toronto is the worst sports city in North America.. for all we know, we may even be up for a WORLD championship in this regard. :flare: