PDA

View Full Version : Why Yourassowsky is always on the pitch

Kevvv
06-19-2011, 12:10 AM
cause I'd like to know

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-19-2011, 12:30 AM
I voted other, he's like my favourite player. Mostly cause he's Belgian and it's my favourite Euro. League. So he dives, give the guy a break. A little diving's the least of the team's problems . . . what about the Dyson-like suction?

It's all going to work out, our coach is totally Dutch.

QSIM
06-19-2011, 12:31 AM
Other:

He is a highly skilled technical player who is often taken down as it is nearly impossible to defend him.

DangerRed
06-19-2011, 12:33 AM
Other:

He is a highly skilled technical player who is often taken down as it is nearly impossible to defend him.

Bahahahaha.

Kevvv
06-19-2011, 12:51 AM
Other:

I hope the refs catch on soon.

TFCRegina
06-19-2011, 12:57 AM
Because it's useful for us and we need all the help we can get and shouldn't bitch when our players actually do something that helps the team.

manic.street.preacher
06-19-2011, 01:02 AM
^today though, he was crap, i can't remember how many times i yelled at my computer screen cos of him ... also, this is coming from someone that actually likes him ... but today, yeah, he was a wash

QSIM
06-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Because it's useful for us and we need all the help we can get and shouldn't bitch when our players actually do something that helps the team.

He didn't really help us. He was shit, and we lost 1-0.

Couchy81
06-19-2011, 02:19 AM
The guy has a touch like an elephant but the heart to go with it. Tough call.

Pookie
06-19-2011, 05:06 AM
Let's call out more of OUR players on this "Supporters Group" forum

Flipityflu
06-19-2011, 06:02 AM

lol, you are right. lets just keep sitting back with rose coloured glasses and saying 'maybe next season'. who cares about accountability right?

any player that flops like he did last night deserves to be called out.

Island Man
06-19-2011, 07:47 AM
He's a left back playing all over the place.

menefreghista
06-19-2011, 07:52 AM

This is ironic coming from you.

cochrdoc
06-19-2011, 07:58 AM
I love it when the ref doesn`t give him a call and then he goes and takes a card in retaliation.I find he is starting to rub off on a few other players.Now if only we could take a free kick.I was refing in the local beer league last week and one of the players took the big plunge in the penalty area and and the small crowd was giving him a hard time.At half time i was sitting with them and laughing about it and told them to see how many calls he would get in the second half.He wasn`t very happy with me

Yohan
06-19-2011, 07:59 AM
Yourass is an utility player. He's most effective making runs and such in offence. can't hold on to the ball. oh well.

seems like he learned about diving during his boca juniors days or something

Heathen
06-19-2011, 08:00 AM

That's what real supporters do, it's the casual fan who shrugs his shoulders and doesn't give a shit

Mikey
06-19-2011, 08:22 AM
How sad is it when the evaluation of a player is "even his diving is crap...."

ilikemusic
06-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Hes only out there to make sure our team meets the league's consonant quota.

Yohan
06-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Just rewatching the game and Yourass clearly dove in first half. Like, Shitlicker blatant dive

Whoop
06-19-2011, 08:34 AM
If you're going to blatantly dive... be like Charlie Davies and do it in the box to get a PK...

Problem is TFC can't even get the ball into the box.

prizby
06-19-2011, 09:31 AM
the only way to win in this league is by diving...still disgusting

DangerRed
06-19-2011, 09:43 AM

Come on, man. Really? Are we being too negative? Want to show me the positives?

And the argument that Yourass's diving is helpful so he should do it is bullshit. I'd like to win without cheating and would rather lose while the team gets its shit together, whenever that may be.

ag futbol
06-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Honestly, this piece is really all about him rolling around on the ground and nothing to do with his level of play. You want to know why he’s on the field? Because we’re not a deep team and frankly he’s one of our better players despite not being a standout.

I guess everyone has their preferences. I wasn’t much of a fan of employing butchers like Harmse and Saric, but people seem not to be embarrassed by that.

Whoop
06-19-2011, 10:50 AM
I never understood the point of diving at midfield. Or from 40 yards out. :noidea:

Kevvv
06-19-2011, 02:58 PM
A good diver draws borderline calls. A bad diver doesn't get the benefit of the doubt on marginal calls. Blanco was an artist. Your-sky needs to pick his spots and not overdo it.

Yeoman
06-19-2011, 08:30 PM
i personally think he's fixing matches personally
so he's like the pete rose of the MLS

TFCREDNWHITE
06-19-2011, 08:34 PM
He doesn't dive....plain n simple

Carts
06-19-2011, 09:19 PM

Yeeeeeah, and I'm about to bang Britney Spears, Kim Kardashian, Megan Fox and Pippa Middleton in a few mins...:drool5:

:lol:

TOBOR !
06-19-2011, 09:20 PM
this thread = LOL.

The one where he did a pirouette as he ran East-West and grabbed his knee was magnificent. It's not a natural motion. Neither is flailing your arms if tripped, which is also something we do (I think it was Stevanovic v Seattle - in the box, but equally unconvincing).

Yourassowsky's problem now is that he has a reputation and he isn't going to get the calls. period.

CretanBull
06-19-2011, 09:20 PM

He's just swept off his feet by the breeze coming in off the lake?

Pachuco
06-19-2011, 10:06 PM
He's not a bad player and I think he deserves a spot in the lineup over guys like Peterson. Yes he dives, that's life. So did Guevara. I have no problem with playing the game the same way many other teams play the game. Slowing down a game can be an art when done properly.

If Canada knew anything about slowing down a game they wouldn't be out of the Gold Cup right now.

Carts
06-19-2011, 10:10 PM
He's not a bad player and I think he deserves a spot in the lineup over guys like Peterson. Yes he dives, that's life. So did Guevara. I have no problem with playing the game the same way many other teams play the game. Slowing down a game can be an art when done properly.

If Canada knew anything about slowing down a game they wouldn't be out of the Gold Cup right now.

I'm gonna out on a limb and say its because we couldn't score a single goal from the run of play as the reason we're out of the gold cup...

We flopped in the box and got 2-goals out of it - but that was it... :(

Fort York Redcoat
06-20-2011, 07:35 AM

Usually the case but not in this Gold Cup. Specifically vs Panama. Held the ball longer than I've ever seen before. I'd say this particular tourny it was more a lack of finishing.

John Stamos
06-20-2011, 07:42 AM
Gotta love TFC fans who just love to bitch and moan.

menefreghista
06-20-2011, 08:16 AM

The only thing worse than that are people who bitch and moan about people who bitch and moan....

KRO
06-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Yourass is a player who chooses to dive rather than take an open shot. Diving seems to be hard wired into him and he's a liability. Bench him.

RealG-TFC
06-20-2011, 09:07 AM
At least he gives a shit enough to dive. He is quite honestly the least of our concerns right now.

Pachuco
06-20-2011, 09:32 AM
Usually the case but not in this Gold Cup. Specifically vs Panama. Held the ball longer than I've ever seen before. I'd say this particular tourny it was more a lack of finishing.

Overall, if you look at how the tournament went you are right. But I was referring specifically to the end of the Panama game. I was begging these players to stay down and kill Panama's momentum but they just don't know how to do it. I guarantee you if roles were reversed Panama would have been crawling off the field. Fuck when the game was still tied much earlier in the game Panama was already trying to slow the game down and play for a tie.

So yeah, I get that we didn't score, but we didn't need another goal in the dying minutes of the Panama game. We needed Guevara on the field is what we neeeded.

So back to TFC, I don't think there is anything wrong with having guys like Yourass and Guevara on your team. It can be a really useful weapon when you are up a goal and playing for everything.

Dougrd
06-20-2011, 09:41 AM
This Dude SUCKS!
I Kringe everytime he gets the ball.
Just like DeRo, you know that he's not going to make a smart play, but run into a wall of defenders with the ball at his feet and hope to get through.

Mind you.... We held on to Barrett cause he "Tried Hard" as well!

Joe Kool
06-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Diving is a part of this game like it or not but the problem is when you get a reputation for diving with the refs because it is the "boy who cried wolf" kinda thing that will happen to you when there is actually a legit call in the box in a meaningful game and he won't get the call because is a known diver. It happens and that kind of thing would be something that would happen to us.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
06-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Overall, if you look at how the tournament went you are right. But I was referring specifically to the end of the Panama game. I was begging these players to stay down and kill Panama's momentum but they just don't know how to do it. I guarantee you if roles were reversed Panama would have been crawling off the field. Fuck when the game was still tied much earlier in the game Panama was already trying to slow the game down and play for a tie.

So yeah, I get that we didn't score, but we didn't need another goal in the dying minutes of the Panama game. We needed Guevara on the field is what we neeeded.

So back to TFC, I don't think there is anything wrong with having guys like Yourass and Guevara on your team. It can be a really useful weapon when you are up a goal and playing for everything.

I used to disagree with this mode of thinking, but after the Can-Hon game in Montreal when Guevara and co. very cooly and professionally put the game on ice for 25 minutes after going up 2-1, I can't help but grudgingly agree. It's only ugly to watch if you're cheering for the losing side.

KRO
06-20-2011, 10:59 AM
My argument is not that he is a diver but that he's a very bad diver. Refs pick up on his antics very quickly and he's not going to get the calls. He has some talent but he negates it by being a headcase. Bench him.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
06-20-2011, 11:02 AM
^Can't argue with that. The results of his diving are plain and obvious.

Technorgasm
06-20-2011, 11:55 AM
We are in crisi mode at BMO. . surely not the time to be overly critical of the players we DO have, who ar HEALTHY, and who are going to remiain at teh club until at least the end fo the season.

Considering what we have seen fro a lot oof his team mates, we coudl be doing a lot worese.

VEYR glad he is here.

Blazer
06-20-2011, 12:32 PM
I thought he played one of - if not his best game - the other night?! Of all the games to criticize him for, his latest performance isn’t justifiable.

Has he been great for us? Nope, but no one has outside of Frei.

Wrong timing on Yourassowsky.

PopePouri
06-20-2011, 08:48 PM
He's a decent signing, a bit hot headed but he's had more good games than bad even in the centre of the park. The Colorado game comes to mind.

Yeoman
06-21-2011, 04:07 PM

STAMOS
http://mimg.ugo.com/201104/4/8/3/184384/cuts/clone-high-stamos_480_poster.png

TFCRegina
06-21-2011, 04:46 PM
I used to disagree with this mode of thinking, but after the Can-Hon game in Montreal when Guevara and co. very cooly and professionally put the game on ice for 25 minutes after going up 2-1, I can't help but grudgingly agree. It's only ugly to watch if you're cheering for the losing side.

This.

I used to hate it too. But we need to realize it's an ugly albeit necessary part of the game.

Wingback6
06-21-2011, 05:54 PM
He is a solid player. Yes he dives, and it is bad, and probably the reason he hasn't been on any team for more than twenty games. But so what, he's and instigator, kinda reminds me of Al Hadj Diouf, or Joey Barton(but thank G*D he's not). Both are pretty good dribblers, and decision makers, but also trouble makers. Nearly every time he gets the ball, he seems to start the attack, and his speed is particularly deadly on the counter, and he usually get's rid of the ball before he's worked himself into trouble, unlike DeRo, (he is one of the worst AM's I've ever seen for losing possession). He is quick, exciting to watch, and pisses off the other team, and it's supporters without spitting on anyone, punching 12 year old boys, or shoving the physiotherapists, what more do you want??

Roogsy
06-21-2011, 05:59 PM
He is a solid player. Yes he dives, and it is bad, and probably the reason he hasn't been on any team for more than twenty games. But so what, he's and instigator, kinda reminds me of Al Hadj Diouf, or Joey Barton(but thank G*D he's not). Both are pretty good dribblers, and decision makers, but also trouble makers. Nearly every time he gets the ball, he seems to start the attack, and his speed is particularly deadly on the counter, and he usually get's rid of the ball before he's worked himself into trouble, unlike DeRo, (he is one of the worst AM's I've ever seen for losing possession). He is quick, exciting to watch, and pisses off the other team, and it's supporters without spitting on anyone, punching 12 year old boys, or shoving the physiotherapists, what more do you want??

I actually agree with this, including the DeRo comment.

The problem with Yourassowsky? With all this said, he has no killer instinct in front of net. The rest is just peripheral to me if he had a scoring touch. He doesn't. Which makes everything else irrelevant to me.

Wingback6
06-21-2011, 06:01 PM

The problem with Yourassowsky? With all this said, he has no killer instinct in front of net. The rest is just peripheral to me if he had a scoring touch. He doesn't. Which makes everything else irrelevant to me.

And I with you... re:killer instinct... 1 goal in a career is not very good, probably another reason he hasn't been retained in many places, though I don't mind it so much, as it isn't such a big deal in this league as it may be in Europe or elsewhere.

Pachuco
06-22-2011, 12:39 PM

I don't know what his past was, but when he came here it was obvious Winter was trying to make him into a left back. If he played his entire career as a LB then I can't blame him for not having a killer instinct in front of the net.

I still think of him as a defender first playing in the wrong position.