PDA

View Full Version : Frustrations of being a TFC fan

Doucet3
06-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Yes I'm going to bitch, I've been very quiet for 5 years lol

1) when was the last time we had a consistent XI ?, like I think that's one of the most annoying things about this team ... We don't have a XI we have a Starting V, then players patched in, I pray for the day we have a decent starting XI and have our "Regular Team".

Don't mean to compare TFC with Manchester United but I've watched United since ... Forever lol, long time before tfc but with United they have a main team. United -
De Gea
Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand/Samlling, Evra
Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Park, Valencia
Rooney, Chicharito, Owen, Berbatov

But with TFC I don't know who's our team week in week out obv we have sone regulars like Eks, Frei, JDG, Tchani, Santos, Gordon

2) Another thing that drives I don't get is the drastic difference in opinion like if I were to ask 100 TFC fans what they think of Tchani 25 like him 25 hate him and then 50 don't know what there talking about lol, it's just insanity on how fast/much an opinion changes on a play on this team last 2-3 years Attakora was a all star one bad year we (and I say that loosely) want to sell him ...?, same with Santos there was a general feeling of love for him now it's mixed, I can see in the future Henry as well I've liked him since the academy, mist fans were/are on the fence about him, I feel that he'll do great this year be hailled as a all star and destined for Europe then have a rough year next year and bashed till he's booed out of here or some other
garbage

3) As stated before us as fans can't have a solid opinion were like we have 8 different personalities in one, but the thing that messed up is like I've seen fans attack and bash each other on here for ridiculous reason, OBV there are some that deserve it like when some "fans" were saying Frei sucked after 1 bad game, like if your on u items boards it's kinda a daily thing due to Glory Hunters but since we haven't won much as a Club we don't have to deal with that lol

These are the 3 big reason it's so hard to watch TFC, don't get me wrong I love TFC but we need some stability, 6 coaches in 5 yrs or w.e.?, it's getting a bit ridiculas I know some people are going to comment "don't like it leave" "wah wah stop bitching" etc but I've bit my tounge for a while,can't I get a word in?, everyother fan has lol

TFC Cityboy
06-18-2011, 09:44 PM
wasn't there a match on when you posted these thoughts?
ffs

Doucet3
06-18-2011, 09:52 PM
yea but i typed it before the match never posted it, thought i did but apparently i didnt click the post button, gave it a quick glance to see if there was any replies and to my surprise it wasnt posted haha

Juanito
06-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Other than your references to Manchester United, and the interesting fact that you have already penned De Gea on your squad, I agree with a lot of what you say.

If you listen to what membership says, we wouldn't have anyone. That's the nature of boards though, everyone has an opinion.

I completely agree with you on the stability. I think the best season we had was season three. De Rosario, Guevara, and the gang were playing decent but it seemed the schedule gassed them in the end and that two-month funk we had in the summer killed us. Instead of building from that team, we brought in Preki and he blew up the ship.

We need stability but at the same time, people have lost so much patience with this team that they need to start winning! It's a chicken and egg situation now. They may need a season or two of stability to start winning, but by then, only you, me, and 2000 other supporters will be @ BMO to witness it.