PDA

View Full Version : TFC Friendly

Across_The_Pond
06-17-2011, 03:55 PM
I fly over for 6 weeks again the summer and hope to catch up with old and new friends at either the RSL or Earthquakes game. Unfortunately, a buddy of mine who's coming over with me on July 23rd flys back August 11th. I've looked at the fixtures and unfortunately there's no game at BMO.

I know it wasn't popular last season having Bolton Wanderers over during the middle of the season, but I was wondering if there was anything on the cards for a friendly this season?

We are seriously considering DC away though. Any tips from anyone thats been before?

Suds
06-17-2011, 04:03 PM
I fly over for 6 weeks again the summer and hope to catch up with old and new friends at either the RSL or Earthquakes game. Unfortunately, a buddy of mine who's coming over with me on July 23rd flys back August 11th. I've looked at the fixtures and unfortunately there's no game at BMO.

I know it wasn't popular last season having Bolton Wanderers over during the middle of the season, but I was wondering if there was anything on the cards for a friendly this season?

We are seriously considering DC away though. Any tips from anyone thats been before?

No friendlies have been officially announced. There have been some rumours but nothing confirmed.

I have not been to D.C for an away game so I'll leave that for others to comment on.

Across_The_Pond
06-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Cheers Suds. Would it be unsuprising if a friendly hasnt been arranged by now?

Suds
06-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Cheers Suds. Would it be unsuprising if a friendly hasnt been arranged by now?

We've seen TFC's name pop up in marketing promo's for that World Football Challenge thing that a bunch of teams are coming over for, however, TFC has said they are part of it.

There have been some friendlies hosted here not involving TFC over the past few summers. Nothing announced but you never know. Might get lucky that a friendly between two Euro clubs that gets announced for when you're here.

On another note, there's been a good group of supporters getting together to support the TFC Academy for their games. Might be an option to get a footy fix in while you're here.

Across_The_Pond
06-17-2011, 04:22 PM
On another note, there's been a good group of supporters getting together to support the TFC Academy for their games. Might be an option to get a footy fix in while you're here.

Good shout. I'll keep tabs on this.

MartinUtd
06-17-2011, 04:22 PM
If we qualify for CONCACAF it should open up some summer fixtures.

Here's the dates for the first and second leg if we win:

July 26–28, 2011; August 2–4, 2011

I think we'll be playing that Nicaraguan team again. That'll be a story for back home.

denime
06-17-2011, 04:24 PM
This year all we do is playing friendlies.

I know it said season V but it is not,we are preparing ourselves for the next year run to win MLS Cup. :)

nfitz
06-17-2011, 05:56 PM
If we qualify for CONCACAF it should open up some summer fixtures.

Here's the dates for the first and second leg if we win:

July 26–28, 2011; August 2–4, 2011

I think we'll be playing that Nicaraguan team again. That'll be a story for back home.The Champions League preliminary will be against Real Estelí of Nicauraga; last year we placed a Honduran team; though Real Estelí is who Montreal beat back in 2008. I believe the first game would be in Toronto July 26-28 if we beat Vancouver on July 2nd. Shouldn't be any problem getting tickets, even at the gate.

prizby
06-17-2011, 07:36 PM

KC away trip would be fun, but its on July 23rd

if we beat Vancouver on July 2nd, we will have a game either last week of July or

maybe you should consider hopping down to NYC to see the allstar game vs. ManU in a world class facility like Red Bull Arena

sulfur
06-17-2011, 10:16 PM
DC is a good road trip. Lots of fun.

Yeoman
06-18-2011, 07:03 AM
there will be a tailgate before the RSL game just so you know

jaahuuu
06-20-2011, 09:22 AM
They really dislike flares in DC. There were a few last year and security/DC police kicked out everybody that was wearing red.