PDA

View Full Version : what does TFC need during the transfer window?

__wowza
06-16-2011, 11:05 AM
a lot of people will be quick to point out our obvious problems at the back, but with frei's prowess, we're not leaking as many goals as we should be. our problem is as much attacking as it is defending, and you know what they say, the best defense is a good offense.

anyone think that we need an amazing winger as much, if not more, than we need a striker? if we can have gordon fit for most of the season, it's a good idead to get someone who can service him. he's fot 6 goals in 9 games for us and a monster strike rate, at 6'3, he's already shown himself to be a quintessential target man, so having someone to pair up with on the wing would be lethal. if he can free up space for someone like santos (as a sub or a starter) to have a go, even better.

as far as wingers, we have plata and an injured nicholas lindsay. yourassowsky's shown potential in getting the ball up the flank, so having someone at mid (not necessarily in an attacking role) to build the play would be fantastic. tchani's shaky at best, he gives too many balls away, and the less said about JDG the better.

i think if we had: a winger, a mid who can control the flow of play and a CB, we'd be set. now it's your turn..

who should we lose?
who should we keep?
what position needs urgent addressing?
what position can we pick up and build on for next year?
what do you think needs to be looked into when the transfer window opens?

prizby
06-16-2011, 11:10 AM
a competent backup for Alan Gordon

Yohan
06-16-2011, 11:11 AM
A playmaker am a la morales. A cb to replace cann.

In comparison to other mls teams i dont think tfc is that bad. Just need to work on consistency and couple of pieces to be more competitive this year. Work on replacing the most critical parts now and get the other spots replaced next winter

__wowza
06-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Work on replacing the most critical parts now and get the other spots replaced next winter

that's what i mean with what can be worked on for next year. i've pretty much written this team off for the season. we've got a slim chance to make the playoffs and i think we'll be SOL by the time the transfer window opens.

if by the end of the season i see a team that's starting to mesh and show leaps of potential, i'll be happy with not making the playoffs.

Globetrotter
06-16-2011, 11:17 AM
midfielders, forwards, defenders, lower ticket prices, gravy boat, cheerleaders, dichio, 2 more names on the wall of fame.

PopePouri
06-16-2011, 11:24 AM
who should we lose?
Definitely Gargan and Peterson.

who should we keep?
The rest.

Target man ST and a playmaker AM

Probably DM/CM, CB, LB, and RW

A leader.

brad
06-16-2011, 11:46 AM
1: AM
2: Backup for Gordon
3: a wide player with a better eye for goal to play off Gordon
4: A better CB

I think 1&2 are critical., I think we'll have a hard time without 3&4

Pachuco
06-16-2011, 11:47 AM
We need a Dero replacement. Where can we get one of those?

trane
06-16-2011, 11:49 AM
CF, (Santon and Gordon are good-but a top notch one would take us to the next level), CB, and a true 10/CAM.

CSO_BBTB
06-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Somebody pointed out recently that all six discovery signings for this season have already been used so that may limit the options somewhat and may mean that only DP or injury replacement signings are possible. If a second DP is brought in the most obvious niche to fill is a top notch attacking midfielder. Goalscoring centre forward would be second on the list because of the probable lack of decent service without the attacking midfielder.

levyashin
06-16-2011, 11:52 AM
----------------------------------frei---------------------------------
attacora-----------henry--------------------?----------------?-------
-----eckersley--------------tchani---------------?----------------
--------?-------------------gordon------------------santos
subs with different amount of minutes,soolsma,martina,plata,williams,cordon,stur gis,maybe a couple more.players that need to disappear-----gargan, peterson, harden ,degusman ,stephanovic,.as in the past 5 years this team needs a real leader(vierra)intelligent back player.constructive midfield(as in guevera type)consistant wing play.another goal scorer like gordon----------from day one we have not had this in any one team.

brad
06-16-2011, 11:54 AM
CF, (Santon and Gordon are good-but a top notch one would take us to the next level), CB, and a true 10/CAM.

True. I'd like to see Gordon become the backup.

TFCRegina
06-16-2011, 11:58 AM
1. Am
2. Cb
3. Lb

A.J
06-16-2011, 12:52 PM
I'd be okay with just a single DP AM signing

ManUtd4ever
06-16-2011, 12:56 PM
TFC primarily needs upgrades at the AM, CB, LB, and backup CF positions.

ag futbol
06-16-2011, 01:01 PM
We just need: a defender, a midfielder, and a forward

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/gfx/johnston-mo070115cp.jpg

**shudders"**

Oldtimer
06-16-2011, 01:09 PM
We just need: a defender, a midfielder, and a forward

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/gfx/johnston-mo070115cp.jpg

**shudders"**

ha-ha, I was thinking the same thing!

Sweeper
06-16-2011, 01:31 PM
midfielders, forwards, defenders, lower ticket prices, gravy boat, cheerleaders, dichio, 2 more names on the wall of fame.

lol...I would like to add hand dryers

Auzzy
06-16-2011, 01:32 PM

What, no roof, and no gate?

Sweeper
06-16-2011, 01:44 PM
A Guevara-like AM and a CB who can defend and build the play. Ideally I would like to see both around in pre-season next year, not interested in a temporary big name, seat filling signing like Mista. I think it's time for TFC to pony up some cash for a big DP.

When does JDG's contract expire?

Jack
06-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Someone who can put the damn ball in the net consistently. Santos can't do that and Gordon is a backup player who is playing very well for us but can't go 90.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-16-2011, 02:04 PM
A Boss/DP CB, a left back that can keep up with Eckersley, a creative attacking mid and a 15 goal a season striker. We can fill in depth over the next year but we need these to compete.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Gargan, Harden are definitely gone and not forgotten.
Prob keep the rest for depth.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-16-2011, 02:15 PM
To be honest i feel like right now we mostly have depth and are missing our first team players HA.

I do feel we are pretty decent in mid, on the wings and in centre (although clearly lacking creativity, hence the need for a creative attacking mid)

Defense we are lacking in centre and in left back, which is clear when Gargan or Borman (depth) are playing. Our defense does need time to settle but would benefit greatly from a boss CB with experience who can keep everyone on the same page.

Maicon and Gordon are decent but Gordon is oft injured and Maicon sometimes just doesnt cut it. Also it never hurts to have a guy that defo puts in 10 goals or more a season.

backbeat
06-16-2011, 02:27 PM
we need a strong creative AM badly and a consistant Striker.

I'd also like to see a big commanding mobile CB and an Ekersley type LB.

TFC07
06-16-2011, 02:34 PM
We need a Dero replacement. Where can we get one of those?

New York/New Jersey area.

P-NUTZ
06-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Most Important in my mind is a Centre Mid who can dominate any game, box to box. Add leadership , toughness and speed, and be the general out there. may be even chip in a goal or two.

Maybe a DP at this spot - i suppose it would be the best we can buy.
Would be our finest/marquee player to date. And instantly make all the others better. Like a Ballack, Davids, Zidane, or even a Sneijder type who is a little more attacking.

If this person exists, is avail, and would come here. wishful thinking.

:drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking:

Stouffville_RPB
06-16-2011, 02:54 PM
We can fill in depth over the next year but we need these to compete.

Someone who can put the damn ball in the net consistently. Santos can't do that and Gordon is a backup player who is playing very well for us but can't go 90.

When does JDG's contract expire?

A striker that can bury. Too many opportunities that end up in shots way off target or the ball is held onto a little too long. A striker that knows when he has to shoot and when he has time to take another touch. Based on his reputation (of not being a goal scorer) I can't see Gordon keeping this rate up forever (though I would love it and hope he does).

Goals win games. Finishing chances could've turned some loses into draws and draws into wins.

JDG is in the last year of his deal.

__wowza
06-16-2011, 03:06 PM
a consistant Striker.

15 goal a season striker

Someone who can put the damn ball in the net consistently.Gordon is a backup player who is playing very well for us but can't go 90.

True. I'd like to see Gordon become the backup.

(Santon and Gordon are good-but a top notch one would take us to the next level)

i don't understand these. gordon's two goals off from leading the league in goals, and donovan's played three games more than he has. he's got the best strike rate in the MLS at the moment and we think that we can get a striker better than that so gordon can ride the pine?

aside from his fitness issues, which can be resolved and (he didn't see a whole lot of first team at chivas) no doubt played a part of the groin aggravation, i don't see what everyone's deal is. a striker only as good as the people he's getting service from.

what i think is that either getting a strike partner, or a winger will put us over the top. not another striker. look at it this way from the strikers we've had in previous seasons.

2010:
chad barrett - 7 goals in 23 games
maicon santos - 4 goals in 13 games

2009:
chad barrett - 5 goals in 29 games
danny dichio - 3 goals in 19 games

2008:
danny dichio - 5 goals in 23 games
char barrett - 4 goals in 13 games

Stouffville_RPB
06-16-2011, 03:15 PM
i don't understand these. gordon's two goals off from leading the league in goals, and donovan's played three games more than he has. he's got the best strike rate in the MLS at the moment and we think that we can get a striker better than that so gordon can ride the pine?

aside from his fitness issues, which can be resolved and (he didn't see a whole lot of first team at chivas) no doubt played a part of the groin aggravation, i don't see what everyone's deal is. a striker only as good as the people he's getting service from.

what i think is that either getting a strike partner, or a winger will put us over the top. not another striker. look at it this way from the strikers we've had in previous seasons.

2010:
chad barrett - 7 goals in 23 games
maicon santos - 4 goals in 13 games

2009:
chad barrett - 5 goals in 29 games
danny dichio - 3 goals in 19 games

2008:
danny dichio - 5 goals in 23 games
char barrett - 4 goals in 13 games

I don't think anyone is taking away from what Gordon is doing. My worry is that he doesn't have a history of being a big goal scorer so I would think this could all come to a halt at any time. Then what?

PopePouri
06-16-2011, 03:24 PM
I don't think anyone is taking away from what Gordon is doing. My worry is that he doesn't have a history of being a big goal scorer so I would think this could all come to a halt at any time. Then what?

Based on what?

If he was playing Prekiball, it would probably be true, but he's playing 4-3-3 with lots of service into the box from both flanks.

Technorgasm
06-16-2011, 03:44 PM

THIS.

a true #10 woudl prove wonders for TFC.

brad
06-16-2011, 03:47 PM

That's my concern as well. You know the old saying, "form is temporary, class is permanent". It's too early to say whether Gordon's performances are form or class. Going on history, I wonder if it's just form.

And that said, Gordon is good, imagine if we had Dichio in there instead...

jloome
06-16-2011, 03:48 PM
I think our depth is actually good. The problem is that's all we have, depth players.

Seriously, I'm a fan of Alan Gordon, but I don't think he's proven over his time yet that he can score consistently in MLS. I'm all for keeping him as a target forward, but we need at least one hole player/attacking midfielder who is a consistent threat.

Our biggest issue, however, is distribution, particularly from the back. Yourrasowsky and Boorman are both better offensive players than defensive, so we also need a left back who can play two ways.

That leaves us a bit staff heavy on non-contributors right now, but with the extra roster spots this year it's not too damaging.

I think we need:

Two centre backs. I don't believe any of our current centre half players should be starting at this level. Attakora and Henry both might, in the long run, be capable day-in and out stories but a) on the former we'll probably never know and b) the latter is only playing due to injury and is too young and inexperienced to start every week.

I don't rate Cann, Williams or Harden to be dependable enough to compete for a title.

One left back - We should deal either Yourrasowsky or Borman as both are pretty poor defenders. Borman was better in that last game. Both pretty good going forward though, and have some commodity value.

One goal-scorer. If he's also a target man, all the better. Competition up top is good. If he's a hole player/AM, that's OK too.

One two-way midfielder - Someone with a big attacking upside and strength, a Brad Evans or Geoff Cameron type.

We don't need more wide players with Soolsma, Stevanovic, Martina, Plata, Yourrasowsky, Boorman and Lindsay when he returns.

To me, these are what we really lack. Neither Tchani or DeGuzman has enough attacking edge, and we need a guy who creates goals, and confidence, from nothing (without hogging the ball and pulling the team shape apart constantly.) Really, we need a Hassli with fewer red cards, a Dichio with better health and a few more goals.

Oh, and one of them has to be a major, vocal leader.

J .
06-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Eck-Williams/Nana-New CB- new LB

Tchani-New DP attacking Cm-New CM

New DP Winger- Gordon- New DP winger

And that said, Gordon is good, imagine if we had Dichio in there instead...

Gordon has a better first touch than Dichio, who really had a lousy first touch on the ball and really is only in our hearts cause he scored the first goal and tried hard every match. Truth be told, he was not that great as a player but still is a legend for his workman-like approach and original goal.

brad
06-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Gordon has a better first touch than Dichio, who really had a lousy first touch on the ball and really is only in our hearts cause he scored the first goal and tried hard every match. Truth be told, he was not that great as a player but still is a legend for his workman-like approach and original goal.

Completely disagree with this. Dichio had a far better first touch, a near telepathic ability to find teammates with headers, read the game better, and had way better movement off the ball.

__wowza
06-16-2011, 04:12 PM

i think that the mentality is that he may just be on form and that it could end at any time, sorta like what happened to chad last season after his injury. personally, i don't think that this is the case which is why i'm getting so defensive.

yeah, hot and cold spells can happen to anyone, but there's nothing to stop that from happening to any striker that we may acquire through the transfer window. as of now, he's on his way to surpassing every striker we've had over the past 5 seasons.

in my opinion, if we're going to keep the 4-3-3 as winter's stated, we need to keep santos on the bench (or get a backup) and either find someone to service gordon, or find a strike partner for him on the flank or as an AM.

i may eat these words, but i have faith in him to pull a 15+ season if he stays match fit.

Jack
06-16-2011, 04:13 PM
No way Gordon's first touch is better than Dichio's. That's simply wrong :)

brad
06-16-2011, 04:19 PM
List of Premier League players that were released.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/16/woodgate-premier-league-released-list

Interesting some of those names, although most will probably stick around England. I could see Harewood causing some damage in this league. Big and strong.

__wowza
06-16-2011, 04:21 PM
^ if anyone says he's going to tear this league up, i'll rip their fucking ankles off :D

VoxPopuliCosmicum
06-16-2011, 04:52 PM

Gordon is much better moving with the ball at his feet than Dichio was (and is arguably a better passer, overall), but I have to agree that Dichio had a superior first touch.

trane
06-16-2011, 05:34 PM

Did someone seriously say that???? I missed it. I am glad I did.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Gordons great this year but he's injury prone and there's nothing saying he will continue the way he is (as far as goal scorings concerned). I'm not saying rid of him, I'm saying get someone fitter and better to help contend

ArmenJBX
06-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Alan Gordon is great, but not really injury prone.
He's enjoyed a inconsistently consistent career.
Healthy, just moved around a lot!

Yeoman
06-16-2011, 05:54 PM
^ if anyone says he's going to tear this league up, i'll rip their fucking ankles off :D

he's going to tear this league apart

Cashcleaner
06-16-2011, 06:28 PM
J Loome is exactly right. With the exception of very few, most of our players aren't what most would consider "Starting XI Material" and that's a huge obstacle if this club wants to even attempt a run at playoffs.

Alan Gordon is pretty good. Not fantastic. Not mind-blowing. Just pretty good. Slightly above-average, I suppose. So let's not get crazy and pin all our hopes on him because at the moment, he has yet to prove himself as a stellar contributor.

As for goal-scoring, I think I'd take a dedicated striker over an attacking midfielder, but at this point, I'll take the help from anyone. And like J Loome said, someone like Hassli would be a great fit for us - but maybe someone with just a touch more discipline.

69Chevy396
06-16-2011, 07:51 PM
MLS is such a low scoring league that shoring up our defense seems to me to be the best way to increase our chances at making the playoffs. Putting an end to the worst goals against record should be on Winters mind when looking for offshore help.

A.J
06-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Keep in mind that we currently have our 30 roster spots filled.

Who would you get rid of to bring in new players?

anto7
06-16-2011, 09:25 PM
List of Premier League players that were released.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/16/woodgate-premier-league-released-list

Interesting some of those names, although most will probably stick around England. I could see Harewood causing some damage in this league. Big and strong.
Mathew Upson would make a very commanding figure in the middle of defense but I have no idea if he would consider coming over here. Jonathan Spector would also be a good addition, can play left full back or midfield but I would think he might get some good offers to stay in England

jloome
06-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Zoltan Gera's probably still worth DP money

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zolt%C3%A1n_Gera

Nigel Reo-Coker would help our midfield tremendously

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Reo-Coker

If he's over his back injury, John Carew would be a worthy DP striker in our system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Carew

Auzzy
06-16-2011, 11:00 PM

I think we have 3 season-ending injuries: Elbekay Bouchiba, Adrian Cann, and Nicholas Lindsay

Blazer
06-16-2011, 11:08 PM
a lot of people will be quick to point out our obvious problems at the back, but with frei's prowess, we're not leaking as many goals as we should be. our problem is as much attacking as it is defending, and you know what they say, the best defense is a good offense.

anyone think that we need an amazing winger as much, if not more, than we need a striker? if we can have gordon fit for most of the season, it's a good idead to get someone who can service him. he's fot 6 goals in 9 games for us and a monster strike rate, at 6'3, he's already shown himself to be a quintessential target man, so having someone to pair up with on the wing would be lethal. if he can free up space for someone like santos (as a sub or a starter) to have a go, even better.

as far as wingers, we have plata and an injured nicholas lindsay. yourassowsky's shown potential in getting the ball up the flank, so having someone at mid (not necessarily in an attacking role) to build the play would be fantastic. tchani's shaky at best, he gives too many balls away, and the less said about JDG the better.

i think if we had: a winger, a mid who can control the flow of play and a CB, we'd be set. now it's your turn..

who should we lose?
who should we keep?

I think the easiest way to look at things is to evaluate the minimal talent that this team does have and determine who is actually worth keeping from there. Beyond that, make wholesale changes. Too much dead wood on this team.

brad
06-17-2011, 03:18 AM

Stintson, Gold, Peterson, Harden, Gargan, Zavarise. Not sure if it's possible with this cast, but that's who I would look at. No great loss to lose any one of those players if we are upgrading in their position.

trane
06-17-2011, 05:47 AM
I like Gordon, but a great target man CF, who can score and distribute would push this team to the next level. As many says just imagine a younger healthier Dichio, in this system, getting the ball and being able to distribute left right and just behind him, or taking advantage of the space , creating space and shooting. A top notch CF would could have 15 goals and 10 assists in this system. A great AM playing with three options in front of him would also push us to the next level, in attack.

trane
06-17-2011, 05:50 AM
A truly great deep lying playmaker CDM could free up one player for attacking, help build and help defend. I had hoped that JDG was that, but after two years in pains me to say that he does not seem to have the size and mobility needed to realy do that by himself in this league were he often has miles of room to cover defensively. Viere in his days could , but his days are over. I here Real are letting go of Gago. (joke)

David_Oliveira
06-17-2011, 06:11 AM
I think we need to get a new AM. We need someone Guevara-esque. Someone that can distribute the ball well. Not sure if there is anyone like that that we can go after right now. We have the depth upfront. With an AM coming in, I think our strikers could really do some damage and maybe even tear this league up

ilikemusic
06-17-2011, 06:31 AM
We need the same things we have needed for every transfer window since 2007.

Azerban
06-17-2011, 06:45 AM
has anyone said 'everything' yet

one of those, please

Yohan
06-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Nobody expected Wondo to be a monster striker in MLS last year either.

Just saying. (no, I don't expect Gordon to score 15 plus. More likely 10)

Ossington Mental Youth
06-17-2011, 08:09 AM
ill be shocked if Wondo finds all those goals again from last year, last time i checked (admittedly several weeks ago) he only had 2 or 3

Yohan
06-17-2011, 08:25 AM
ill be shocked if Wondo finds all those goals again from last year, last time i checked (admittedly several weeks ago) he only had 2 or 3
He's at 6 in 11 games right now. and hanging out with USMNT for Gold Cup

__wowza
06-17-2011, 08:25 AM
he's going to tear this league apart

IF YOU WEREN'T THE RPB LEAD DRUMMER I'D HULK UP ON YOU. ;)

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/27465/hulk-up-o.gif

Stouffville_RPB
06-17-2011, 08:36 AM
Based on what?

If he was playing Prekiball, it would probably be true, but he's playing 4-3-3 with lots of service into the box from both flanks.

Firstly Preki has never coached Alan Gordon.

I am basing it on his almost 100 games in LA with Landon Donovan and David Beckham around him. Those guys can set up goals too so I wouldn't say it is because he is finally getting service.

His most prolific season was 7 years ago in a lower division (USL) with Portland.

In LA - 99 games 16 goals (strike rate 0.16)
With Chivas 9 game 1 goal (strike rate 0.11)

He's scored 6 in 11 games with TFC (strike rate of 0.55) wven with his best season with Portland (17 in 32, 0.53).

If you think he's going to keep this up because our squad is so good than go ahead. I'm an optimist, but I'm not blind with optimism.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-17-2011, 08:41 AM
He's at 6 in 11 games right now. and hanging out with USMNT for Gold Cup

yeah looks like he might be back on track as far as the league is concerned, nationally we have yet to see

deeznutz
06-19-2011, 11:01 AM
5 Hail Marrys

Whoop
06-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Was going to say a heart transplant but that's too mean.

More like a culture change... but that's easier said than done.

DoubleUp
06-19-2011, 03:05 PM
certified striker, tricky attacking mid and most importantly more techinally gifted and athletic players.

Blowing Bubbles
06-19-2011, 06:57 PM
we need everything.

this is one of the bottom 3 teams in the league

__wowza
07-11-2011, 11:16 AM
thought i'd bump this whereas we're getting awful close to the transfer window.

i'll be one to suggest if we can land a solid CB we could unload frei. mainly because we have a good backup in terms of kocic that wouldn't be tested as much with a good pair in front of him. as it stands now, we don't have a lot of options to trade for and frei is going to be making a move away from the MLS within the next few years anyway. we could inevitably nab a player that'll be with the squad 4+ years.

anyone know when frei's contract is up?

CSO_BBTB
07-11-2011, 11:21 AM
I assume you googled the last bit and came up with nothing? My guess would be Frei probably has two more option years to go on his original Generation Adidas contract. Those are normally five years in duration as far as I'm aware. Wasn't totally sold on Kocic last season in stuff like the NCC games. Personally think the two 2012 first round draft picks are the most obvious tradeable asset right now. Package one of those with a "domestic" player like Nathan Sturgis or Alan Gordon and maybe somebody good could be obtained at centre back, who wouldn't need an international roster spot?

Oblio2
07-11-2011, 11:29 AM

From top to Bottom.

http://www.dreamwestembroiderydesigns.com/New-store/images/Broom.bmp

__wowza
07-11-2011, 11:37 AM
I assume you googled the last bit and came up with nothing? My guess would be Frei probably has two more option years to go on his original Generation Adidas contract.

i'm always a bit hazy on GA contracts and whether or not that provides us with an option to resign as well. as far as i'm aware, we have two years with an optional two years. did we get frei on 3 and 2? a free year worth of a player would be a big selling point.

CSO_BBTB
07-11-2011, 11:55 AM
To satisfy my own curiosity as much as anything else:

http://www.ussoccerplayers.com/ussoccerplayers/2010/01/mccabe-explains-generation-adidas.html
If it’s a four-year contract, how can it be rescinded within four years?
It’s not necessarily a four-year contract. In some cases, players may sign a four-year contract but it’s often two guaranteed years plus two option years. Or, it’s three guaranteed years plus two option years, so it may turn out to be five-year deal. Each contract is different and there is no set contract for each player.

Walms
07-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Nooooooooooooo. Not Frei.........

But serously, purley from a leadership/heart point of veiw, how could we concider trading the spine of this team

ArmenJBX
07-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Realistic prediction for a 25 man squad excluding academy/draft prospects

Stefan Frei
Milos Kocic
New Goalkeeper

Richard Eckersley
Dan Gargan
Dicoy Williams
New Centerback
Nana Attakora
Ty Harden
Adrian Cann
Danleigh Borman
Mikael Yourassowsky

Nathan Sturgis
Julian de Guzman
Toni Tchani
Torsten Frings
Jacob Peterson
Gianluca Zavarise
Maicon Santos

Javier Martina
New Right Winger
Danny Koevermans
Alan Gordon
Nick Soolsma
Joao Plata

Troll
07-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Using your 'realistics' we'd still be massively shit.

I can solve our scoring woes in 2 words.

Christine Sinclair.

ArmenJBX
07-12-2011, 11:32 PM
We shouldn't expect anything crazy because realistically we have little trade value besides Frei and almost no international spots.

Alonso
07-12-2011, 11:33 PM
I assume you googled the last bit and came up with nothing? My guess would be Frei probably has two more option years to go on his original Generation Adidas contract. Those are normally five years in duration as far as I'm aware. Wasn't totally sold on Kocic last season in stuff like the NCC games. Personally think the two 2012 first round draft picks are the most obvious tradeable asset right now. Package one of those with a "domestic" player like Nathan Sturgis or Alan Gordon and maybe somebody good could be obtained at centre back, who wouldn't need an international roster spot?

Alan Gordon is the best value for money that we have not including Generation Adidas or draft picks. PLEASE do not trade him.

CSO_BBTB
07-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Understand where you are coming from but if Koevermans avoids injury how much playing time does Gordon get from now through to the end of the season and is there any prospect that Gordon himself can play more than a couple of games at a time before getting injured? The players most likely to be traded are those made surplus to requirements by the two new arrivals and beyond that you usually need to give up something/someone good to get something/someone good when making a trade. Would be nice if Gianluca Zavarise, Dan Gargan or Danleigh Borman could be traded for a starting quality centre back but it usually doesn't work like that. At least one first round draft pick would probably be needed as part of the deal to shift one of those guys in exchange for the type of player TFC needs right now. Personally think the draft pick angle should be looked at closely if Winter doesn't have much use for NCAA players.