PDA

View Full Version : PRE GAME TFC - Seattle Sounders,June.18;6:30PM

denime
06-16-2011, 07:37 AM
Are we going with the same starting 11,or should we squeeze in JDG for this game?

------------------------Frei--------------------

----------Eckersley, Henry, Harden,Borman--------

----------Santos , Sturgis, Yourassowsky, -------

---------------JPlata, Gordon, Soolsma ----------

Fort York Redcoat
06-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Yes to JDG. No to Youra.

CSO_BBTB
06-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Given he had to subbed off at half-time last time he played I think he should be on the bench at the start of the game. Would be different if he was in reasonable form before heading to the Gold Cup and/or the CMNT had just done superbly in that tournament thanks to his play. Winter has never seemed keen on Sturgis though so it will be interesting to see what he does on that. If Tchani hadn't got injured the way back in for JDG might be more problematic.

brad
06-16-2011, 07:56 AM
Logic would say use the same 11, tired legs probably dictates some subs though.

I think Sturgis has earned his place. He's been very good the last two games.

I hope that Gordon is ready for another match this quickly after coming back from injury, especially after playing 90 minutes on turf.

I'm a bit worried that our third game in seven days is going to result in a flat, fatigued performance.

Captain
06-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Knowing that we had another game in three days and that Gordon was coming off an injury, Winter should have taken him off. Some of Winters moves just leave me shaking my head. I'm sure he was going for the win but then why pull of Santos when he could have lasted the whole game.
I hope that Gordon can play against Seattle now.

whyalwaysme11
06-16-2011, 08:51 AM
"show the boys you still care"
i dont think that should be placed on the front page of a supporters sight...
what do you mean by "still care"
real fans dont still care they always care...
no wait this is toronto... so maybe you have a point for the average fan.
99% of the people on here were prob watching hockey last night instead of tfc.

whyalwaysme11
06-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Knowing that we had another game in three days and that Gordon was coming off an injury, Winter should have taken him off. Some of Winters moves just leave me shaking my head. I'm sure he was going for the win but then why pull of Santos when he could have lasted the whole game.

Gorden better play on saturday at least for 60 min he is our only chance against the sounders.
i wonder if Stevanovic will play in the second half.
or we can just play for another tie and call it a day...
i convinced myself that ties are good now ha ha what have i done.

DangerRed
06-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Gonna be a tall order, given the last result vs. Seattle, their form compared to ours, our overall lack of consistency and the fact we've just played. We'll either implode a la Philly or DC, or sneak out a win. Winter's likely to go balls-out attacking given the home-field advantage, which doesn't lend itself to a draw.

Pachuco
06-16-2011, 10:32 AM
We are all going to witness the best DM in this league at BMO field saturday. And he doesn't play on our team.

PopePouri
06-16-2011, 10:50 AM
We are all going to witness the best DM in this league at BMO field saturday. And he doesn't play on our team.

I think you're mistaken. Sturgis plays for us now.

Yohan
06-16-2011, 11:01 AM

Joseph > alonso

__wowza
06-16-2011, 11:18 AM
no wait this is toronto... so maybe you have a point for the average fan.
99% of the people on here were prob watching hockey last night instead of tfc.

:sleep: waiting for the inevitable "what's a supporter?" debate to start up.

Pachuco
06-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Joseph > alonso

I'll take Alonso any day. But that's just me. 2nd is Joseph for me.

levyashin
06-16-2011, 12:13 PM
tfc 2 seattle 1 , you heard it here first .i have both vancouver and tfc to win this week.

Yohan
06-16-2011, 12:35 PM
I'll take Alonso any day. But that's just me. 2nd is Joseph for me.
I think Alonso reads the game a little better, but Joseph is more physical, and has more offensive skills than Alonso.

Derko
06-16-2011, 12:45 PM
:sleep: waiting for the inevitable "what's a supporter?" debate to start up.

Let's not and say we did, just to save getting pissed off and waisting typing skills on bullshit. lol :drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking: Remember it is the beginning of Ontario Craft Beer Week on Father's day.
www.ocbweek.ca (http://www.ocbweek.ca)

denime
06-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Let's not and say we did, just to save getting pissed off and waisting typing skills on bullshit. lol :drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking: Remember it is the beginning of Ontario Craft Beer Week on Father's day.
www.ocbweek.ca (http://www.ocbweek.ca)

A reason more to be there earlier than usual :drinking:

http://redpatchboys.ca/images/homepageBanners/July18.jpg

ag futbol
06-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Yes to JDG. No to Youra.
If we can all hold our noses at the embarassment of him rolling around the field last time out... he actually played a decent game and did it at a spot where we've been having problems (AM).

Phil
06-16-2011, 09:05 PM
FYI, gate time has been reduced to half an hour before kick off to get banners and drums in.

That means we should be ready to watch some warm ups!

denime
06-16-2011, 09:29 PM
FYI, gate time has been reduced to half an hour before kick off to get banners and drums in.

That means we should be ready to watch some warm ups!

GREAT NEWS! :flare:

prizby
06-16-2011, 11:31 PM
didn't montero not make the trip last year due to an alleged rape or something and the trouble he was going to have at customs?

wonder what was the outcome of the case...maybe someone can remind customs and see if we can get him held up at customs :p

Fort York Redcoat
06-17-2011, 07:14 AM
If we can all hold our noses at the embarassment of him rolling around the field last time out... he actually played a decent game and did it at a spot where we've been having problems (AM).

Youra was embarrassing. That's not up for debate but I was was taking into account his contribution in play. He did a job with great effort, workrate, but his distribution did not overwhelm me. That said, if he cuts down the antics I'd gladly have him fill in a spot for whoever we get to play his position better.

Again, he wasn't terrible but his spot on that day was to shoot from far out or get that last ball in and neither results were executed for a win.

Yohan
06-17-2011, 07:56 AM
lol. sounds like a poll. who's more of a drama queen on the field? Guevara or Yourass

TFCwestcan
06-17-2011, 09:38 AM

I am with you on that one...kind of like when Winter played needlessly Gordon in the 2nd Edmonton game. I must say that despite the up and down season I do like the attacking nature and ball movement this year and that is all down the Winter & Co.

From past experience I bet that Winter will bring on JDG and Stevanovic early in the second. I must admit to being wrong about Sturgis he has looked so much better than the first couple of games of the season.

Cas87
06-17-2011, 09:48 AM
Yes to JDG. No to Youra.

Homer: "Yeah I'd like to talk to a first name 'Youra', Last name 'Snotball' "
Moe: "Youra Snotball?"
Homer: "How dare you! ..."

LOL

:rofl:

ManUtd4ever
06-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Assuming Nana is still injured, I think Winter should go with this...

---------------Frei---------------

Eckersley--Henry-Harden--Borman

---------JDG-------Sturgis-------

Soolsma------Santos--------Plata

--------------Gordon------------

Subs: Martina, Yourassowsky, Stevanovic

PopePouri
06-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Assuming Nana is still injured, I think Winter should go with this...

---------------Frei---------------

Eckersley--Henry-Harden--Borman

---------JDG-------Sturgis-------

Soolsma------Santos--------Plata

--------------Gordon------------

Subs: Martina, Yourassowsky, Stevanovic

Soolsma has been seriously poor to the point that everything he does now ends disappointingly. I'd go with Martina and then sub on Stevanovic some time in the 2nd half.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-17-2011, 12:08 PM
I dont think Soolsmas great but i sure as hell wouldnt say hes poor.
Dudes got his runs down and his crosses soso but thats why hes a depth player and not a starter, sadly we dont have many options in his position. I dont mind him starting until we got someone better in his position.

ManUtd4ever
06-17-2011, 12:10 PM
^^ Agreed. Soolsma is creative on the flanks and can deliver a solid cross. His major flaw is his finishing ability.

Suds
06-17-2011, 12:25 PM
^^ Agreed. Soolsma is creative on the flanks and can deliver a solid cross. His major flaw is his finishing ability.

And he's sloooowwww. But given a little time and space he can make some decent plays.

maninb
06-17-2011, 12:38 PM
I think Stevanovic has been very disappointing (IMO he under-estimated the league and now has lost his confidence), but for the amount we're paying him, and his pedigree I think we should start him and see if he can be the AM we need...I don't think he's had any time playing with Gordon who can hold up the ball for his runs from deep..

denime
06-17-2011, 12:53 PM

Guys Soolsma was playing in Dutch beer league before TFC,he is already on the top of his game.

Stevanovic will not play,he is mental case and will not see an action for a while.

pekduck
06-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Guys Soolsma was playing in Dutch beer league before TFC,he is already on the top of his game.

Stevanovic will not play,he is mental case and will not see an action for a while.

how bad of a mental case?

denime
06-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Nutcase,if he can get his head straight he would be a hell of a player.

CSO_BBTB
06-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Too bad. Suspected there were probably issues. Guess we have to pin our hopes on a DP signing then.

TFCin110
06-17-2011, 01:18 PM
So I know that the product on the pitch has been terrible but this weekend, as has been the tradition since 2007, I will be going to the game with my dad as his father's day gift. I would love a TFC win but being with my dad and doing something we both enjoy will be the best result for me this weekend. Enjoy the game.

Derko
06-17-2011, 01:26 PM
And he's sloooowwww. But given a little time and space he can make some decent plays.

But seems to be able to hold on to the ball,Yourass needs to strike the ball when he has space.

rocktml
06-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Why is Stevanovic a nutcase?

denime
06-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Why is Stevanovic a nutcase?

I don't know the details,but let's put it this way.

How someone can go from Inter M. bench to TFC bench in 3 years and at the age of 21?

If you are all in your head something like that should never happen, he did not forgot how to play soccer in that short period of time.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-17-2011, 03:21 PM
I think Stevanovic has been very disappointing (IMO he under-estimated the league and now has lost his confidence), but for the amount we're paying him, and his pedigree I think we should start him and see if he can be the AM we need...I don't think he's had any time playing with Gordon who can hold up the ball for his runs from deep..

i think stevanovic is winger, not an AM although hes done ok to play there, needs to get more comfortable passing (in general) whihc he seems hesitant to do

Pigfynn
06-17-2011, 03:50 PM
So, no Attakora, Peterson, DeGuzman and probably no Gordon tomorrow as per TFC TV.

Yikes.

TFC07
06-17-2011, 04:02 PM
No Gordon? WTF? :facepalm:

PopePouri
06-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Ah Gerry Dobson.

"Talk about how important it is to get the three points tomorrow at home..."
"It's very important...blah blah blah".

Seems like all his questions are rhetorical.

denime
06-17-2011, 04:19 PM
So, no Attakora, Peterson, DeGuzman and probably no Gordon tomorrow as per TFC TV.

Yikes.

Winter said,for Gordon we have to wait and see tomorrow,but yeah other 3 are out.

Pigfynn
06-17-2011, 05:27 PM

Yikes.

Which is why I said this. He didn't train so if he plays it will most likely be as a sub. Unless of course the team is in a big hurry for him to get hurt again.

DichioTFC
06-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Toronto Indy construction, get there early. Will cause headaches and soul-crushing delays. Go Reds Go!

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=3276

GlenM
06-17-2011, 06:47 PM
^

Crap...we'll make do, we did it before.

Actually the barrier kinda helps with us in front stock pile (hide) stuff behind us etc.

Still abit of a pain though...

GlenM

Island Man
06-18-2011, 03:19 AM
Tchani is out as well btw

Brooker
06-18-2011, 03:27 AM
Tchani is out as well btw

FFS!

TFC John
06-18-2011, 07:37 AM
It's the middle of June. Shouldn't we be starting a massive summer slump that we blame on injuries? It looks like all of the pieces are in place for that.

On a brighter note - TAILGATE!!!

dupont
06-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Free Devo concert at 9:30... I can't believe it. This is going to be the first time I ever duck out of a TFC game early!

kaos197O
06-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Free Devo concert at 9:30... I can't believe it. This is going to be the first time I ever duck out of a TFC game early!
I heard about this....but WHERE is it happening?

Torontotonto
06-18-2011, 12:24 PM

Yonge & Dunda Square

:drum::flare::scarf::flare::drum:

DichioTFC
06-18-2011, 12:36 PM
is account manager down for anyone else? i'm trying to print tickets... fml

EDIT: loaded after 10-ish minutes. The TFC site is down, not Ticketmaster's

DichioTFC
06-18-2011, 01:19 PM
FOR EVERYONE GOING EARLY TO THE TAILGATE!!!

680newstraffic (https://twitter.com/#%21/680newstraffic) 680News Traffic

Collision Eastbound Gardiner east of the Humber Bridge, blocking the centre lane. Police on scene.

17 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/#%21/680newstraffic/status/82150052247777280) Favorite (https://twitter.com/#) Retweet (https://twitter.com/#) Reply (https://twitter.com/#)

RedsYNWA
06-18-2011, 01:59 PM

By the way DEVO & MEN WITHOUT HATS FREE in Burlington on Sunday afternoon

kaos197O
06-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Yonge & Dunda Square

:drum::flare::scarf::flare::drum:

Thank You!

Lets hammer them Sounders tonight.

2-0 TFC

Yohan
06-18-2011, 02:03 PM
7 game winless streak for TFC is going to be broken tonight! :D

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-18-2011, 02:17 PM
7 game winless streak for TFC is going to be broken tonight! :D

pretty much a 3 point victory..or the playoffs chance is done!

LesH
06-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Online stream?

Neither chollilo and dysreflex have it on schedule (at justintv).

Blowing Bubbles
06-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Andy Petrillo looking good tonight

Batman
06-18-2011, 05:40 PM
I just mentioned to my wife, she looks like she's heading out after the game.... a little too done up for sports announcing imho.

Dkolish3
06-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Starting XI: Frei; Eckersley, Harden, Henry, Borman; Sturgis, Yourassowsky, Stevanovic; Soolsma, Maicon, Plata ..

Corpand
06-18-2011, 05:44 PM
GolTV stream anyone? Thought this one was playing on TSN tonight

Chubbs
06-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Also looking for a stream, no luck as of yet... Might have to run out to a sports bar somewhere if I cant find anything soon

boozilla
06-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Wow. The crowd is thin.

shwade
06-18-2011, 05:56 PM
they should at least put it on the HD preview channel ffs

Batman
06-18-2011, 05:58 PM
gordon out again...ffs cant we catch a break

LesH
06-18-2011, 06:00 PM
No stream? :rolleyes5:

Chubbs
06-18-2011, 06:03 PM
When in doubt, check the opposing sides supporterrs message board:

Success!

http://btrsports.net/ <- Live stream here

RealG-TFC
06-18-2011, 06:03 PM

Success!

lol I was about to post this because I did the exact same!

Flipityflu
06-18-2011, 06:06 PM
nice work

LesH
06-18-2011, 06:09 PM

Success!

Great, thanks!

LesH
06-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Oh boy, here we go again!