COL - LAG 9 pm ET
VAN - PHI 10 pm ET
CHV - DAL 10:30 pm ET

Sunday, Jun 19
POR - RNY 10 pm ET

Yohan
06-13-2011, 07:26 AM
Couple of interesting matches.
-COL vs LAG: Solid Rapids team at home vs LA, who'll look to shake off the effect of giving up a late goal vs TFC.
-VAN vs PHI: Will Hassli's heroics translate into a morale boost of Whitecaps and actually win at home vs difficult to breakdown Philly?
-POR vs RNY: Portland's home field advantage seems to have dwindled and Red Bulls's lethal strike force of Henry and Rodgers (I think both are top among goals right now) looks to take advantage.

Whoop
06-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Wow... Charlie Davies isn't really endearing himself to those in the MLS.

Talk about a horrendous dive.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/soccer-insider/post/video-charlie-davies-draws-controversial-penalty-converts-pk-to-provide-dc-united-with-1-1-draw-at-real-salt-lake/2011/06/18/AGRUVsaH_blog.html

Whoop
06-18-2011, 11:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hb5Xq.gif

Roogsy
06-19-2011, 09:15 PM
I am watching a stream of the Timbers vs RBNY and I have to admit, they probably have the best atmosphere in MLS.

Well done Portland.

To be honest, I think TFC fans have the will and ability to measure up to Portland (even if perhaps some TFC fans are slightly tonedeaf...yikes! ) but watching and listening to the game, you can't help but be impressed.

And as I speak, DeRo sets up a goal in Portland. And Portland fans only double up their efforts and keep up the singing and chanting. Awesome.

Roogsy
06-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Oooooh...this game just got interesting. Up 0-1 at the half, Portland opens the 2nd half with 2 quick goals. And the crowd goes nuts.

I may have to go to Portland next year.

Roogsy
06-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Holy crap this game is madness! If you're not doing anything right now, find this game online!

kodiakTFC
06-19-2011, 10:53 PM
This is probably the best MLS game i've ever seen. Its chaos. And Portland's fans are so far above anyone else in MLS it's ridiculous. The roof helps.

Carts
06-19-2011, 10:53 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/soccer-insider/post/video-charlie-davies-draws-controversial-penalty-converts-pk-to-provide-dc-united-with-1-1-draw-at-real-salt-lake/2011/06/18/AGRUVsaH_blog.html

The league really needs to start handing out supplemental dicipline for diving...

The ref had a split second, while sprinting down the pitch to make the call - easy to get it wrong...

The league should look at the video and give this piece of sh*t 5-games...

Maybe he'll think twice about being a total douchebag next time...

Carts...

Roogsy
06-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Too bad this was not broadcast on any national network. I am watching it on a spanish network and on top of the crowd madness, the announcers make the game all that much better.

If they had broadcast this game on ESPN or in Canada on TSN, people would see what exciting soccer can really be like. Hopefully it will make them forget the crap we submit ourselves to down at the Lakeshore.

TFC USA
06-19-2011, 10:58 PM
What an epic game.

Portland is doing so well in their first year.

Meanwhile, we're runaway worst team in MLS. :(

Carts
06-19-2011, 11:00 PM
This game is unreal...

TFC USA
06-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Holy Shit! 3-3!

TFC USA
06-19-2011, 11:01 PM
What a finish tonight

Carts
06-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Dero with the PK equalizer...

Roogsy
06-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Madness. Sheer madness.

TFC USA
06-19-2011, 11:06 PM
Seriously, what is it with TFC players and handballs? Goldthwaite with one for Portland that led to the PK.

1-0 at the half, 2 goals in 2 minutes for Portland in the 2nd half, then an OG in the 68th to go 3-1 up, Henry scores to make it 3-2, Jewsbury flubs the PK in the 78th, Dero equalizers in stoppage time.

Portland is the most entertaining team in MLS.

kodiakTFC
06-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Ridiculous game.

kodiakTFC
06-19-2011, 11:08 PM

I hate Charlie Davies. It's impressive, he started with such a tug on your heart strings story but as time progresses he just keeps muffing it up with douchebag actions.

Auzzy
06-19-2011, 11:38 PM
Wow, I watched parts of the Portland - NY game on MatchDay Live, and just went back to re-watch some parts. I wonder what John Spencer will say about the officiating for this match... 5 fouls committed by Portland, 25 by NY... really? Henry red-carded for something strange happening off the ball, in 2nd half stoppage time. Card given after Moffat & Henry were already joking with each other about whatever happened. The red card didn't help Portland though; the additional extra time added for that situation, was exactly the time needed by NY to draw the penalty & tie it up.

The two penalties called seemed legit though.

Whoop
06-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Erik Soler rips MLS refs.

http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/news/2011/06/red-bulls-erik-soler-releases-statement-regarding-new-york-portland-match

menefreghista
06-20-2011, 01:35 PM
I know its cool to hate De Rosario here, but I find it interesting that he has become the Red Bulls official penalty taker.

Vancouver finally won their second game this weekend. I do think TFC and Vancouver will be battling for 18th place this year.

kodiakTFC
06-20-2011, 02:22 PM
I know its cool to hate De Rosario here, but I find it interesting that he has become the Red Bulls official penalty taker.

Vancouver finally won their second game this weekend. I do think TFC and Vancouver will be battling for 18th place this year.

I don't. I think TFC will be battling New England for 18th. With so many home games for SKC coming up I can't imagine them not leap frogging us. As for Whitecaps, theres a lot of skill on that team and I'm not even quite sure how they have this little points as they do. They'll gel and heat up, wont make playoffs but might make a TFC style run and fall short.

Wouldn't it be funny if Montreal is the first Canadian team to make the playoffs in MLS? Well funny + sad.

menefreghista
06-20-2011, 02:25 PM
New England will definitely be in the mix. They are very similar to TFC in terms of their lack of scoring and poor defense.

Whoop
06-20-2011, 02:30 PM
But I thought Steve Nicol was a great coach?