PDA

View Full Version : F*ck & Boycott "The Score"

sidney
07-04-2008, 09:39 PM
While CBC and Rogers Sportsnet have shown committment to Candian viewers and Canadian Soccer/TFC fans, "The Score" doesn't seem to know the score. I will still NOT WATCH THE SCORE as long the cheap fucks expect we Candian viewers to suffer throught their Indonesian-badger-spunk-yankee-commentation-telecasts. Fuck-em (The Score) until they wisen-up!

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-04-2008, 09:43 PM
We should just be happy that all TFC’s games are on TV. Yes some of the commentators from the US feeds suck, but so what? Better than not being able to see that games.

Kevvv
07-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Go watch poker on TSN, FFS.

sidney
07-04-2008, 09:47 PM
We should just be happy that all TFC’s games are on TV. Yes some of the commentators from the US feeds suck, but so what? Better than not being able to see that games.

How much would the cheap-fucks at The Score have to pay to have their own Canadian/TFC-based commentators watch/comment on the feed from Toronto. Rogers Sportsnet had Robo put on a satellite headset/mike for the half-time interview, so they (SportsNet) didn't even have to travel to Boston for the TFC v Revs game. Why can't The Score show even this chincy bit of committment to viewers/fans. There's talk about the low ratings, but what comes first the chicken or the egg?

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Go watch poker on TSN, FFS.

I don’t know if anyone remembers this, but TFC’s first televised game bumped poker on Sportsnet. Man, that brought a smile to my face.

Roogsy
07-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Meh.

Joe Ross and Kristian Jack provide some great TFC insight and breaking news. Sure they cover European soccer more indepth but they add to the TFC coverage. The Score does not have the budget that CBC or Sportsnet do so I am not so quick to write them off completely.

sidney
07-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Meh.
The Score does not have the budget that CBC or Sportsnet do so I am not so quick to write them off completely.

Getting Canadian/TFC-Toronto-based commentation would not be a budgetary expense. It would be an investment with beneficial results.

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-04-2008, 09:52 PM
How much would the cheap-fucks at The Score have to pay to have their own Canadian/TFC-based commentators watch/comment on the feed from Toronto. Rogers Sportsnet had Robo put on a satellite headset/mike for the half-time interview, so they (SportsNet) didn't even have to travel to Boston for the TFC v Revs game. Why can't The Score show even this chincy bit of committment to viewers/fans. There's talk about the low ratings, but what comes first the chicken or the egg?

Presuemebly the budget The Score has to work with is minuscule compared to Sportsnet and the CBC. You’re right it sucks, but it’s better than nothing. Why are you ranting on this right now, when was the last Score game anyways?

Roogsy
07-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Getting Canadian/TFC-Toronto-based commentation would not be a budgetary expense. It would be an investment with beneficial results.

Says you. You aren't paying their bills. The Score doens't just do this with MLS, they do this with all sports and leagues. It's obviously part of how they developed their business plan and the choice they made on how they will deliver the service. I am guessing they know what they are doing, considering they have survived thus far in an overexposed market.

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-04-2008, 09:58 PM
How do you fuck and boycott something at the same time?

sidney
07-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Presuemebly the budget The Score...You’re right it sucks, but it’s better than nothing. Why are you ranting on this right now, when was the last Score game anyways?

I'm stating it now so that maybe it would be taken as simply "a rant". Perhaps they (The Score) may correct this shite in time for their next 2 telecasts (see below). We, the best fans in MLS, deserve better. When I tune into The Scores next TFC telecast, and I hear those yankee-fucks, I will TURN OFF the set.

THE SCORE'S NEXT TFC TELECASTS (Hopefully with Canadian commentators)

Aug 3: TFC vs NYRB
Oct 10: TFC vs NYRB

Roogsy
07-04-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm stating it now so that maybe it would be taken as simply "a rant". Perhaps they may correct this shite in time for their next 2 telecasts (see below). We, the best fans in MLS, deserve better. When I tune into The Scores next TFC telecast, I will TURN OFF the set.

I think it's safe to say that's not happening.

sidney
07-04-2008, 10:01 PM
I think it's safe to say that's not happening.

Don't you believe in miracles? Or at least commen sense and common cents?

GeorgeB
07-04-2008, 10:02 PM
hey Sid the kid , why dont you email them (score) ?

sidney
07-04-2008, 10:05 PM
hey Sid the kid , why dont you email them (score) ?

I tried tracking down their email from their shite website and couldn't get it. If someone has it, post it, and I (and hopefully others) will be more then happy to tell the fuckers how I (we) feel.

ps. thanks for calling me "the kid" btw, as I've been playing for/qualified for oldtimers/masters soccer team for the past 6 years.

Cambridge_Red
07-04-2008, 10:08 PM
:deadhorse:oh jeezus...

GeorgeB
07-04-2008, 10:09 PM
I tried tracking down their email from their shite website and couldn't get it. If someone has it, post it, and I (and hopefully others) will be more then happy to tell the fuckers how I (we) feel.

ps. thanks for calling me "the kid" btw, as I've been playing for/qualified for oldtimers/masters soccer team for the past 6 years.LOL it was a reference to Crosby

sidney
07-04-2008, 10:10 PM
oh well...

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-04-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm stating it now so that maybe it would be taken as simply "a rant". Perhaps they (The Score) may correct this shite in time for their next 2 telecasts (see below). We, the best fans in MLS, deserve better. When I tune into The Scores next TFC telecast, and I hear those yankee-fucks, I will TURN OFF the set.

I don’t like all this "deserve" / "best fans" talk. Supporting a football team is a fun past time, I’m not sure why you now have the right to tell a private enterprise how to allocate their budget.

http://www.thescore.com/ScoreTv/contact.aspx - The Score's contact link

You’ve every right to expresses your opinion. I suggest you contact someone at the Score. Perhaps they’ll be able to clarify the relevant financial issues for you.

Roogsy
07-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Don't you believe in miracles? Or at least commen sense and common cents?

What makes your opinion common sense? They are obviously looking at this from a business perspective and it makes more sense to them to pick up the local feed rather than to provide commentators of their own. I don't like it, but it's what they have chosen to do.

Now...if you want to put up numbers and compare the two different business plans, theirs and yours...hey...I am willing to listen. Otherwise, while I can understand a thread in complaint of their setup...since most of us don't like it...but if you are going to make claims of common sense and better "investment" (giving the impression of better returns) then you will have to state your specific case and not just speak in generalities.

sidney
07-04-2008, 10:16 PM
I don’t like all this "deserve" / "best fans" talk. Supporting a football team is a fun past time, I’m not sure why you now have the right to tell a private enterprise how to allocate their budget.

http://www.thescore.com/ScoreTv/contact.aspx - The Score's contact link

You’ve every right to expresses your opinion. I suggest you contact someone at the Score. Perhaps they’ll be able to clarify the relevant financial issues for you.

Customer service anyone?

sidney
07-04-2008, 10:18 PM
What makes your opinion common sense? They are obviously looking at this from a business perspective and it makes more sense to them to pick up the local feed rather than to provide commentators of their own. I don't like it, but it's what they have chosen to do.

Now...if you want to put up numbers and compare the two different business plans, theirs and yours...hey...I am willing to listen. Otherwise, while I can understand a thread in complaint of their setup...since most of us don't like it...but if you are going to make claims of common sense and better "investment" (giving the impression of better returns) then you will have to state your specific case and not just speak in generalities.

boycotting them until they do the right thing will make the business plan plain for The Score

noochie
07-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Why this all of a sudden? Where does it come from? It has been this way for a while now. I have a request for the score, please pick up the telefutura feeds. I love those goal calls.

ag futbol
07-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Well cheap is a relative term.

Name an expensive production the score has put together themselves... there isn't one. They are a low budget sports network and what you see is what you get.

What is being missed here is why these games are on the score in the first place... It's because they are one step away from not being on TV at all. TFC would sell the rights to someone who would produce the game if there was any interest.

Be happy kids, just be happy.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-04-2008, 10:36 PM
So let me get this right, Sid...you want me to stop watching TFC on the Score because you don't like the fact they don't use Canadian announcers?

You'd rather not watch your team play than listen too the "other" commentary?

Here's an idea...try turning the sound down...

noochie
07-04-2008, 10:39 PM
It could always be worse... imagine Vic Rauter trying to call the game using a bunch of cue cards to identify the players... ugly my man, ugly. That is of course if TSN cared about the sport locally.

sidney
07-04-2008, 10:43 PM
If The Score doesn't shape up, then they should give-up the rights to the 2 final games they have this season. I'm confident another network would pick-up the TV rights and do the rights justice.

Hooligan69
07-04-2008, 10:44 PM
boycotting them until they do the right thing will make the business plan plain for The Score

A handful of TFC supporters boycotting the Score won't make much of an impact.

noochie
07-04-2008, 10:44 PM
If The Score doesn't shape up, then they should give-up the rights to the 2 final games they have this season. I'm confident another network would pick-up the TV rights and do the rights justice.

But the question is: why would they? The TV numbers are horrible on all networks including The Score.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Yea...Vic Rauter and Dick Howard...

sidney
07-04-2008, 10:55 PM

much better than yankee-fucks...fuck, I'll commentate for a modest fee (2 cases of Carlsberg Light per telecast). sid

TFC07
07-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I hate those American announcers as well. I got to mute my TV to watch TFC play when they're calling the game.

noochie
07-04-2008, 11:06 PM
much better than yankee-fucks...fuck, I'll commentate for a modest fee (2 cases of Carlsberg Light per telecast). sid

Your standards are far too low to not be able to put with American commentators. lol :)

sidney
07-04-2008, 11:08 PM
1 centimeter of my Carlsberg Light back-wash is better than that yankee-commentation shite that "The Score" spews out.

Lucky Strike
07-04-2008, 11:45 PM
:deadhorse:oh jeezus...

Yup... But like many others, I'd rather have the American commentators than nothing at all. I can certainly understand not having the budget to send a proper crew down but there might be something to the "you have to spend money to make money" idea. Nevertheless, I can live with it and remember that they've broken several pieces of news to us WAY before anyone else and it was accurate: Craig Forrest's "something will happen in the next 48 hours" comment comes to mind as an example of the opposite.

tfc2007
07-04-2008, 11:50 PM
While CBC and Rogers Sportsnet have shown committment to Candian viewers and Canadian Soccer/TFC fans, "The Score" doesn't seem to know the score. I will still NOT WATCH THE SCORE as long the cheap fucks expect we Candian viewers to suffer throught their Indonesian-badger-spunk-yankee-commentation-telecasts. Fuck-em (The Score) until they wisen-up!

By not watching that won't help any. They need the viewer ship to create more of a profit off of advertiements. If you watching it more it will help the situation.

ilikemusic
07-04-2008, 11:57 PM
I will fuck the Score but I will not boycott it.

sidney
07-05-2008, 12:19 AM
By not watching that won't help any. They need the viewer ship to create more of a profit off of advertiements. If you watching it more it will help the situation.

The only way their (The Score's) situation will be helped is if they put in better (Canadian) commentators to attact more viewers. While flies like shit, humans don't.

zeelaw
07-05-2008, 12:36 AM
James Sharman is a LEGEND.

PaulinosTFC
07-05-2008, 01:03 AM

While I hate the American commentators as much as the next TFC fan, to say "let's boycott TheScore" is absolutely ridiculous. They have the footy show and EPL game of the week during BPL season (the only station where I can catch my Arsenal games) and are the only station to cover all sports equally (for the most part). I refuse to watch TSN or sportsnet because their broadcasters sound so damn fake, as if they don't watch sports in their spare time (especially doing soccer). So boycott TheScore and watch the other networks all you want, I just hope you like watching over-analyzation of hockey and that exciting sport called nascar. LOL

VPjr
07-05-2008, 02:36 AM

no...they wouldn't. The Score gets what the others don't really want.

Producing live sportscasts is expensive. The Score wont be spending that money. This conversation is a waste of bandwidth, frankly.

Remember, the Score is the station that cut back on its soccer coverage mid season, getting rid of Paul James and the Friday and Monday edition of the Footy Show. clearly, soccer is not generating the ROI that they originally anticipated so they scaled back.

Lets not fool ourselves. The only people making money off TFC is MLSE. Broadcasting a TFC match is not a profitable venture at this point. its an investment with the hope of a long term return. I don't think The Score has the money for long term investments. They don't exactly have the deep pockets of the CBC (thanks to Canadian taxpayers) or RSN (thanks to Ted Rogers).

MUFC_Niagara
07-05-2008, 06:55 AM
well....at least he's off the tyler hemming rant!

James Oliphant
07-05-2008, 07:11 AM

Satellite headset? Hahahaha...

Dude, way to watch the whole broadcast. Had you done that, you would have seen SEVERAL occasions where Rob Faulds and Jason de Vos were shown in the broadcast booth at Gillette Stadium.

Satellite headset...wow.

And for the record, I'd take Max Bretos (American) over Rob Faulds (Canadian) any day.

Steve-Tor
07-05-2008, 07:48 AM

One of those guys is aptly named.

I cannot stand listening to his drivel.:cool:

Mikey
07-05-2008, 08:20 AM

hahahaha worng part of the body....Nob-end not leg-end.

rocker
07-05-2008, 08:51 AM
so Sidney, if your top boy Hemming was playing during a Score broadcast, would you still boycott it??? I doubt it... you'd love to see your Hemming play ;)

werewolf
07-05-2008, 09:19 AM
And for the record, I'd take Max Bretos (American) over Rob Faulds (Canadian) any day.

Now that is just stepping over the line....yeeeeeeaaaaa-----NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Soods
07-05-2008, 09:26 AM

Aug 3rd Red Bulls???????????? They can't even get to the right game? :) My schedule shows we're at home to Dallas.

Carts
07-05-2008, 09:30 AM
I haven't read the entire thread, but as a member of the sports media I can offer my two cents (no, I don't work for the Score in anyway)...

The thought that "...we should be happy all games are at least on TV..." is very very valid... The Score license with the CRTC only allows a certain amount of live programming hours - the fact they are using some of those precious hours on TFC is a big move by them to begin with...

WWE Raw gets much, much higher ratings that TFC - however, the Score shows that on tape-delay, so it doesn't use up they're "live alotted hours"... Its a big step in the right direction that they deem the TFC game worthy of those hours...

The Scores biggest audience and target is the hardcore sports fan that wants his/hers scores, highlights, post-clips right on time, all the time - that is where there budget will go first and foremost, and you can't blame them for spending money on their target audience (that includes rights to highlights [you pay for how much you can show], road costs for reporters at the Cup final etc, analysts for NHL games, and lots of editing etc etc etc)...

Producing the game from their own truck would be a HUGE cost for their network (as they're not setup to do so regularly)... Raptors games on the score are not produced by themselves, the receive the same pool (truck, crew, producers) that Sportsnet and TSN receive - each network slaps on their font/graphic look, and commentators to give it their own look'n'feel (exactly like Leaf games in Toronto, Molstar produces them, with each network putting on their look)...

Calling games off a "non-pool feed" from a monitor can be a DISASTER more times than not... Do not confuse the TFC games with the Euro games (which were called off a pool-feed from a monitor in Connecticut)... A pool-feed is setup, and run, knowing that there are commentators and viewers in many different markets. The IFB talk is centralized so everyone knows whats going on. The worst thing in TV as an on air person is not knowing where your going - it can make you sound lost and not knowledgable about the game your viewing...

Look at the Score as a 'late game penalty kick save'... It was almost a certainty last year that most of our road games were going to go by the waste-side, but they did step in, spend the money on acquiring the rights from the American Broadcasters, to allow us to watch the games - and in the process found an audience tuning into other programs they show, its a great way to promote their other products...

I bet each and every member at the Score would like to do the games differently - but they are a growing network still - without a giant corp behind them like CTV or Rogers...

Yes, we'd all love a better, Toronto produced show for all our games - but its building, our team, and the broadcasters around us, are all building...

If you really want better coverage for TFC - there's one way to do it, WATCH THE CURRENT BROADCAST... Nothing drives TV more than ratings... No ratings, no money or time put in... High ratings will drive each network to do more, because higher ratings, means higher revenues...

Boycotting will only hurt...

Carts...

djking2
07-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Damn Carts well said. it makes me wonder if then Score may not be the best fit for us footy fans in the long run. TFC will always come second on Rogers to the Jays and Raptors and second to hockey in general on the majors like cbc and ctv.

Hooligan69
07-05-2008, 09:59 AM
A Toronto FC game aired on the Score couldn't be nearly as bad as a Blue Jays pre-season game on CityTV. Now that was painful to watch.

Bobo
07-05-2008, 10:09 AM

Who, TSN? Some of you guys really are off here. TSN is by miles the most North American station, who do not give a rat's ass about promoting football in the country, yet it's the Score who always takes all the heat because they don't have a crew at away games? Seriously guys, wake up.

Carts
07-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Sidney's motive are clear with these multiple posts...

He started this thread to complain about the score...

After I posted an "insider view" (so to speak) on the subject he chose not to respond, but start another thread about the same thing with a different title...

His motives are clear - mods should delete the 2nd post, and IMO this calls for a Yellow card, as he has done this before...

Its a shame too, the Score ensures we can see all our road games, the broadcast is not perfect, but it is the game - and WILL IMPROVE if ratings go up...

Carts...

PS: I'm double-posting this reply in both threads.

TFC FORZA RPB
07-05-2008, 11:35 AM
I agree, im sorry but the commentators on the Score are annyoing as hell, same goes for cbc, sportsnet on the other hand isint too bad, i dont mind listening to dobson

Bobo
07-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Televising football in Canada is a risk that all Canadian broadcasters should feel obligated to take. The Score is one of the broadcasters that do, while others don't. As a TFC supporter I feel embarrassed for some people here, totally spiting back in the face. It's no secret that ratings for TFC games are poor on the large scale, maybe the Score should stop televising games and give people a reason to moan. Fucking ingrates.

Troll
07-05-2008, 02:27 PM

ps. thanks for calling me "the kid" btw, as I've been playing for/qualified for oldtimers/masters soccer team for the past 6 years.

Makes sense. You sound like a grumpy old fuck with nothing but free time on your hands.

sidney
07-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Makes sense. You sound like a grumpy old fuck with nothing but free time on your hands.

now, now, lets not get personal troll.

James Oliphant
07-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Now that is just stepping over the line....yeeeeeeaaaaa-----NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

At least Bretos knows the players' names, and the rules of the game.

Faulds is a Blue Jays reject. Wasn't good enough to do anything else, so Sportsnet assigned him to soccer.

GBV
07-05-2008, 06:17 PM
at least the score actually shows highlights/scores from other MLS games.
i find it embarrassing that sportsnet and tsn don't bother with the "other" results.
shameful.
the $core's gotta do what the $core's gotta do ... i think overall they have more interest in the team and the league than the other two.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-05-2008, 08:16 PM

Yea...I like him too...he seems real genuine...I've seen him at BMO chatting with folks who give him a shout out...

And I totally agree with GBV...for years the Score was the only place to see mid-week footie highlights! TSN nor SN didn't even show CL highlights!

Sid...your boycotting the wrong network...

Blizzard
07-06-2008, 12:56 AM
At least Bretos knows the players' names, and the rules of the game.

Faulds is a Blue Jays reject. Wasn't good enough to do anything else, so Sportsnet assigned him to soccer.

Don't forget that Dobson was horrible when he started. His knowledge of the game was very limited. It took him a few years to become passable. If we gave Faulds that same amount of time to learn the game, I think he'd be better than Dobson.

Also, Faulds did a lot of work pre-Blue Jays.

His work on the Tour de France coverage for OLN a few years ago (probably longer) was outstanding.

Torcida
07-06-2008, 01:29 AM
This thread is stupid. The Score picked up all the leftovers. If not for them those games would not be televised in Canada at all. Knowing this, there really is nothing to complain about.

footballcanada
07-06-2008, 12:22 PM
the score are the only morons in the world to call EPL, Bee-PL

James Oliphant
07-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Uh...no they're not.

It's the Barclays Premier League. Many broadcasters refer to it as that, at the request of the FA. Especially the ones who wish to keep BPL games on their broadcast schedule.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...doesn't the Score control the EPL rights in Canada (via Sentanta) and sublet them to Sportsnet?

Bobo
07-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Yea...I like him too...he seems real genuine...I've seen him at BMO chatting with folks who give him a shout out...

I don't know. I was taking to Sid Seixeiro who was next to Sharman after JDG's charity match and James didn't seem too interested. Actually seemed the least approachable of the TV guys. Sid was a joke though.

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-06-2008, 03:00 PM
rge score is a joke neytwork, and the cbc is close behind for not showing either the Vanacover game of Pachuca gam this week,.,,f**K them

H Bomb
07-06-2008, 03:49 PM
The score is a great network for Toronto residents looking for Toronto sports. Sportsnet is more broadly regional and TSN is basically national. But the score actually reports on the Raptors/TFC/and other smaller local sporting events. They don't have the budget to create a liev events team for many of these. But I would struggle without it since I won't watch TSN unless I have to for soccer and can't stand Sportsnet Connected.

tfc2007
07-06-2008, 04:38 PM
The only way their (The Score's) situation will be helped is if they put in better (Canadian) commentators to attact more viewers. While flies like shit, humans don't.

yea, and enless you watch it with those crap commentators for now, they will never be able to afford Canadian feeds.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-06-2008, 07:10 PM
I don't know. I was taking to Sid Seixeiro who was next to Sharman after JDG's charity match and James didn't seem too interested. Actually seemed the least approachable of the TV guys. Sid was a joke though.

I spoke to him...too be honest I think he's rather shy...Sid is a riot!!!

jabbronies
07-06-2008, 07:21 PM
The score is a great network for Toronto residents looking for Toronto sports. Sportsnet is more broadly regional and TSN is basically national. But the score actually reports on the Raptors/TFC/and other smaller local sporting events. They don't have the budget to create a liev events team for many of these. But I would struggle without it since I won't watch TSN unless I have to for soccer and can't stand Sportsnet Connected.

Have you seen their new studio?? they must have some cash for a footy team...

Roogsy
07-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Yeah..I don't get the feeling James Sharman is unapproachable as he is just a regular guy who hasn't really had to deal with "viewers" directly. Let's face it, the Score's football coverage was pretty much a second though most of these years and only know does it seem like it's making inroads and Sharman a well-known name.

London
07-06-2008, 07:22 PM
I spoke to him...too be honest I think he's rather shy...Sid is a riot!!!

sid only cares about the Bruins!!!!

Dirk Diggler
07-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Whats the point of this random bitching now? Was the TFC - Pachuca game on The Score?

ag futbol
07-06-2008, 08:50 PM
This has to be one of the worst threads i've ever had to wade through.

Year two of TFC, there is a network with no extra cash, everything they are investing is going to a new studio, and no that doesn't mean they have money for production, because asides from production you actually need to buy the rights to produce things, which again they don't have.

Perspective, it'd be nice if we had some.

Does listening to douchy away commentators suck? yes! but the alternative is no TV, sounds slighly worse don't you think?

Jamaicanadian
07-06-2008, 09:05 PM
TURN DOWN THE SOUND!!!
Anything else is quite absurd..........

James Oliphant
07-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Have you seen their new studio?? they must have some cash for a footy team...

Have you seen their old studio? It's a wonder they ever got any work done...

Bobo
07-07-2008, 10:43 AM

I choose Spanish TLN commentary over TSN. I wont assist the ratings unless its the only way I can watch.....I know its so minuscule it makes 0 difference but whatever.