PDA

View Full Version : It's just not fair

Lennon
06-08-2011, 05:26 PM
That 10th division Chemie Leipzig has a roof and we don't. Pony up the cash MLSE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byJtHFZRbfE

:D

bgnewf
06-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Paul Beirne told me face to face that a roof for the south and east stands, which is something TFC has allegedly had engineering consultants look at would cost upwards of $40 million.

Paul said that it was due to the exceedingly high winds that you often get right down by the lake.

Take that for what its worth.

james
06-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Paul Beirne told me face to face that a roof for the south and east stands, which is something TFC has allegedly had engineering consultants look at would cost upwards of $40 million.

Paul said that it was due to the exceedingly high winds that you often get right down by the lake.

ya but some new stadiums like New York Red Bulls $200million and kansas $150 million ( i herd i dont know how right those numbers are?) but if true, TFC only spent what $60million for BMO field?? if thats even closely correct a $40 million exspansion to BMO would still cost less then some other teams are paying for stadiums now!

Flipityflu
06-08-2011, 06:03 PM
its funny how when BMO first got made, how overjoyed alot of us were that we finally got our football stadium.

now of course, the kids took a peak at what the neighbour kids got, and we sulk in the corner.

Keyman
06-08-2011, 06:08 PM
We don't need a roof to be loud, in fact one of our loudest games was when, and I would argue because, we got rained on (vs. Vancouver).

MartinUtd
06-08-2011, 06:08 PM
I'd just be happy if they got their house in order instead of throwing any money at a cynical attempt at appeasing the faithful.

TFCRegina
06-08-2011, 06:10 PM
There's 3 certainties in life. Death, Taxes and Complaints about not having a roof at BMO.

adamdz
06-08-2011, 07:07 PM
plywood roof tifo

Roogsy
06-08-2011, 08:04 PM
I'd just be happy if they got their house in order instead of throwing any money at a cynical attempt at appeasing the faithful.

+1...

swan
06-08-2011, 08:20 PM

+2..

Suds
06-08-2011, 08:32 PM
You wanna know what else is just not fair?

Julie Benz didn't get through the first round of voting in the MILF competition!

swan
06-08-2011, 09:26 PM
dang.. who was she in the group with though i can't remember..

edit: oh i checked.. well real hard group i'd take 3 of the 4..

james
06-08-2011, 11:11 PM
i probably wouldnt even care as much about closing in the corners and adding roff around the stadium if it werent for the stadium being so open on the dam lake, the wind just rips right through that stadium sometimes. I still remember 1 game where the wind was so strong everytime the goalies did kicks the ball would sort of stop in mid air and then blow back towards the net. They could only reach about 3/4 the way to half field. Its not the cold or the rain that gets me, jsut that dam wind!

J .
06-09-2011, 02:11 AM

+3...

__wowza
06-09-2011, 08:43 AM

+4
my coworker saw that and said "heh.. yeah.." so that's

+5

Dreadlocks
06-09-2011, 08:51 AM

+6..

prizby
06-09-2011, 08:56 AM
MLSE works in a way where the projects they take on are relatively low risk, not anywhere near the most expensive they could be, and have investigated all possibilities in terms of maximizing a ROI...a roof does not fall under any of this

Parkdale
06-09-2011, 09:07 AM
no thanks.... I don't want a roof.

why? Have you ever sad in the west stands on a chilly spring or fall game? It's freezing.

why? I like the sunshine, and I like the rain. I like watching footy outside,.

why? The talk of improved acoustics is cool, but right now we've got bigger problems (like finding a reason to sing)

I'd be willing to bet real money that if MLSE called everyone in the south end and asked if they would rather have a roof or leave it as is.... that getting a roof would not have a clear majority.

and in the end.... it's just such a far off isssue that there's better things we can focus our efforts on.

s2cazz
06-09-2011, 09:11 AM
^^^+1 Put that 40 Million into improving the on-field product.

Razor
06-09-2011, 09:20 AM

+2

fuck the roof....i want to see quality football on the pitch.

Cashcleaner
06-09-2011, 09:56 AM
I'd love to see a roof at BMO Field, and if I were back 111 I'd want it even more, but this is one dream I know we're never going to see movement on. No need to dwell on things that won't change, especially when there are lots of things that can change with the right push.

RealG-TFC
06-09-2011, 11:02 AM
no thanks.... I don't want a roof.

why? Have you ever sad in the west stands on a chilly spring or fall game? It's freezing.

why? I like the sunshine, and I like the rain. I like watching footy outside,.

why? The talk of improved acoustics is cool, but right now we've got bigger problems (like finding a reason to sing)

I'd be willing to bet real money that if MLSE called everyone in the south end and asked if they would rather have a roof or leave it as is.... that getting a roof would not have a clear majority.

and in the end.... it's just such a far off isssue that there's better things we can focus our efforts on.

Fully agree.

Suds
06-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Oh, and I'm missing the lads fishing weekend away this weekend.

Now that, my friends, IS JUST NOT FAIR!

jaahuuu
06-09-2011, 02:20 PM
I like the idea of a roof, but at the top of 110, with nothing to block the wind, the rain is usually coming in sideways. A roof would be useless.

+whatever to fixing the team. I'd rather be soaked watching a win than be dry watching shitty football.

backbeat
06-09-2011, 02:39 PM
it is possible to have the corners filled in, a roof and winning football as well...

although if we're winning, we'll end up with more bums in seats which will produce a better appetite for adding additional seats and the cost of a roof...

boban
06-09-2011, 09:50 PM

Not much.

boban
06-09-2011, 09:52 PM
its funny how when BMO first got made, how overjoyed alot of us were that we finally got our football stadium.

now of course, the kids took a peak at what the neighbour kids got, and we sulk in the corner.
I said from the outset it was a lego stadium. Nothing cutting edge for the time and others were 2-3 levels ahead before our got built.

profit89
06-10-2011, 07:41 AM
LiveStrong Park is gorgeous

Parkdale
06-10-2011, 07:59 AM
you know what this thread needs?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm8dt3YDGh1qc9z7yo1_500.gif

there we go

TFCin110
06-10-2011, 08:05 AM

Exactly, it would be nice if they invested that money in an academy and built our club from the ground up....oh wait....