PDA

View Full Version : DC fans stealing Goal of the Week

Kickit09
07-04-2008, 09:01 PM
anyone else notice a DC player has won Goal of the Week the last 4 weeks in a row. Anybody actually think DC are good enough to win those legit? not me. I even went on their forum and its pretty obvious what they are doing. They have threads telling people to vote and they even joke around about how someone else had the better goal but they are voting for the DC player. They are flooding the vote and stealing GOTW from deserving players. I think its pathetic, DC fans need to get life. They are ruining GOTW just like Columbus ruined streamers.

werewolf
07-04-2008, 09:03 PM
They need to keep their team relevant so they have a few guys writing scripts to rig it, nothing to get worked up about. I am more worried that we haven't had any potential candidates lately.

Roogsy
07-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Yeah...I wouldn't whine too much about it...we do the same thing except we haven't really had many goals to skew lately.

Pearce321
07-04-2008, 09:04 PM
We do the same though. Do we not? I think I always vote for a TFC player if their nominated for GOTW.

dantdot
07-04-2008, 09:08 PM
I think it's more the fact that the votes aren't even legit, they run scripts but really who the hell cares.

Kickit09
07-04-2008, 09:10 PM
We do the same though. Do we not? I think I always vote for a TFC player if their nominated for GOTW.

TFC does not have a single Goal of the Week this season. Guevara's free kick should of won but he was robbed by DC fans when Gallardo won. DC has 6 GOTWs so far, by comparison NY has the second most at 2 and thats only because the DC fans werent as organized at the start of the seaon.

werewolf
07-04-2008, 09:11 PM
no big deal, we just need to get our script writers organized for the next week we have a candidate.

Roogsy
07-04-2008, 09:11 PM
I think it's more the fact that the votes aren't even legit, they run scripts but really who the hell cares.

Well...if they do that...they they are dicks. And mlsnet are idiots for not protecting the vote from being rigged that way.

But its meaningless anyways so I am not all that bothered by it.

Lucky Strike
07-04-2008, 09:28 PM
I don't mind if they stuff the box by telling their people to vote, we do the same. But using scripts is what gets me: that's crossing the line of acceptable competition.

Cambridge_Red
07-04-2008, 09:34 PM
I don't care to be honest. We all know when we've scored a beauty I don't need some soft drink I've never heard of to tell me otherwise.

noochie
07-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Yeah they rig it... but they also have a tiny collective penis, so its ok. I pity them, poor bastards.

BBBulldog
07-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Of course we vote for DC players, I don't even check how other goals look like. But we don't run scripts, it's pretty obvious if you pay attention to vote counts. In fact only time we ran scripts was in response to tfc when we saw it discussed on toronto forums and did it ourselves (think it was for that gallardo 1 touch volley too, couldn't let that use). We've probably got those for last 4 weeks cos no rsl or tfc goals were in and noone else runs scripts :p

So to sum it up, this is like Italy complaining about diving :D

Nerepis
07-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Of course we vote for DC players, I don't even check how other goals look like. But we don't run scripts, it's pretty obvious if you pay attention to vote counts. In fact only time we ran scripts was in response to tfc when we saw it discussed on toronto forums and did it ourselves (think it was for that gallardo 1 touch volley too, couldn't let that use). We've probably got those for last 4 weeks cos no rsl or tfc goals were in and noone else runs scripts :p

I'm sure you guys don't use scripts, And I'm sure most of your votes don't come for one lonely guy living in his mom's basement, but I can't understand how with all those voting fans, you didn't get one United player into the fans choice for the all-star game.:(

noochie
07-05-2008, 09:20 AM

Not sure how you explain the ASG voting then but I am sure you will give us a great excuse for that. Btw... no one is saying that you all do it, but there are those among you.

Kickit09
07-05-2008, 11:46 AM
In fact only time we ran scripts was in response to tfc when we saw it discussed on toronto forums and did it ourselves (think it was for that gallardo 1 touch volley too, couldn't let that use).

so you say you guys used scripts once and once only. thats such Bullshit. if you used it once, you used it the other 5 times, especially the last 4 weeks in as row. and how can you complain about toronto using scripts when we dont have a single GOTW. its funny how your in denial and blaming toronto just like the columbus GM. pathetic.

Flipityflu
07-05-2008, 02:42 PM
seriously, who cares. if you have a competition that is easy to cheat on, well its not really a competition is it? look at the all star voting...thats how it should be done.

if you really want to do something about it, start sending emails to MLS and Sierra Mist

Broadview
07-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Fan voting for the ASG is pretty freakin' meaningless. Counts for only something like 30% of the actual selection process. We'll see who Garber et al wants out there.

Flipityflu
07-05-2008, 03:17 PM
i'm talikng about the system used for the ASG...having to input info before voting. that stops scripting. i have already emailed mls about using those jpg letter/numeral thingies.

personally, next time there is a TFC player up for goal of the week, instead of flooding the voting, we should flood MLS's email instead.

Nerepis
07-05-2008, 03:34 PM
... i have already emailed mls about using those jpg letter/numeral thingies.

Funny, i knew exactly what you were talking about.

Flipityflu
07-05-2008, 03:51 PM
i'm glad we got past the use of technical terms like 'thingies' :D

MisterMacphisto
07-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Last time, just for fun, I played with some scripts. It was the last couple of hour of voting, but on one machine the script was submitting 3 votes to every 2 of theirs. For next time, I could easily put the script on 10+ machines I have access to and could of destroy the voting. However, its stupid, so I won't.

Unless we ever get a really good goal that really deserves it.:)

TFC07
07-06-2008, 09:10 PM
GOTW voting poll is lame! I don't understand why people vote on these silly polls and get worked up all about it. All-star voting is lame as well because our votes only count (or at least that MLS FO says) 25% of votes unlike NBA all-star voting where our votes for starting lineup counts 100%.

Pearce321
07-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Goal of the week is pointless. The team with the biggest fan base will always win.