PDA

View Full Version : TFC - Sporting KC , June.04-7PM

Pages : [1] 2

denime
06-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Starting Lineup Prediction anybody?

Injuries report:

SPORTING KANSAS CITY
OUT M Konrad Warzycha (Surgery on Right Knee)

TORONTO FC (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/tor/)
OUT M Elbekay Bouchiba (Right Knee Surgery Recovery); D Adrian Cann (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/players/1073/) (Sprained Right Knee); M Matt Stinson (Strained Right Calf)

I think we will squeeze a win this Saturday.

West220Side
06-02-2011, 07:52 AM

Injuries report:

SPORTING KANSAS CITY

OUT M Elbekay Bouchiba (Right Knee Surgery Recovery); D Adrian Cann (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/players/1073/) (Sprained Right Knee); M Matt Stinson (Strained Right Calf)[

So that's why Stinsons not playing. I was wondering why, guess now I know.

CSO_BBTB
06-02-2011, 08:08 AM
I'll give a starting lineup a go. More of what I'd like to see than a prediction though. Switching to more of a 4-2-3-1

-----------------Frei
Eckersley-Attakora-Harden-Yourassowky
----------Sturgis---Tchani
Stevanovic----Santos-------Plata
--------------Gordon

ManUtd4ever
06-02-2011, 08:08 AM
---------------Frei---------------

Eckersley-Attakora-Harden-Borman

Sturgis-------Tchani---Stevanovic

Soolsma------Santos--------Plata

Subs: Martina, Yourassowsky, Gordon

backbeat
06-02-2011, 08:18 AM

Eckersley-Attakora-Harden-Yourassowsky

-----------JDG----------Tchani------------

-----------------Martina-------------------

Soolsma-------Santos--------Plata-------

Subs: Stevanovic, Borman, Gordon

pekduck
06-02-2011, 08:20 AM
^ small tweak, need Martina's speed on the wing and Soolsma (ahem, relatively better control than Santos) in the middle

Eckersley-Attakora-Harden-Yourassowsky

-----------JDG----------Tchani------------

-----------------Soolsma-------------------

Martina-------Santos--------Plata-------

Subs: Stevanovic, Borman, Gordon

edit: if JDG is not available, Sturgis

mastermixer
06-02-2011, 08:25 AM
I'm seeing that your adding JDG to the lineups, is he staying with TFC on the weekend or training with CMNT?

pekduck
06-02-2011, 08:27 AM
I'm seeing that your adding JDG to the lineups, is he staying with TFC on the weekend or training with CMNT?

After seeing him being ineffective in CMNT line up in 2nd half replacing Dunfield, I hope he get dropped, lol. He'll get creamed against USA in Detroit at the current level of play.

Derko
06-02-2011, 12:05 PM
I'll give a starting lineup a go. More of what I'd like to see than a prediction though. Switching to more of a 4-2-3-1

-----------------Frei
Eckersley-Attakora-Harden-Yourassowky
Stevanovic----Santos-------Plata
--------------Gordon

Harden on the bench, Henry as a defender

Ageroo
06-02-2011, 12:08 PM

THIS......

Harden's form of late isn't that impressive.....so why not see what the kids can do......

P-NUTZ
06-02-2011, 12:18 PM
i say take some chances with the line up - kc is shit just like us!

TFCRegina
06-02-2011, 12:23 PM
After seeing him being ineffective in CMNT line up in 2nd half replacing Dunfield, I hope he get dropped, lol. He'll get creamed against USA in Detroit at the current level of play.

Hopefully he's dropped in favour of Edgar or Cordon or virtually anyone at this point. Just not the right player for the nats. What happened to him?

Ageroo
06-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Hopefully he's dropped in favour of Edgar or Cordon or virtually anyone at this point. Just not the right player for the nats. What happened to him?

He seemed to play more fearlessly before his injury. Now he is recovering/or recovered and still seems a bit gun shy from his old self. Could be age, mental or maybe he still isn't 100%. Who knows....but if he doesn't get his shit together he will soon be out of a job.....and this coming from his biggest fan.

I still do hope for him to turn it up.....He has had a lot of great games for us so far this season, even with the quality of our team. I like him a Tchani in the middle....but both of them have to be on in order for them both to be effective it seems. It seems like it is all or nothing with the two of them......when one is off, so is the other....and we pay for it....(i.e. Philly match)

MartinUtd
06-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Is Williams putting in time with the Jamaican NT?

Ageroo
06-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Is Williams putting in time with the Jamaican NT?

YUP......so the CB experiment will get even more interesting

CSO_BBTB
06-02-2011, 12:54 PM

We don't get to see Henry in training so that's a difficult one to judge from the outside looking in. Don't think it would be sensible to throw a relatively young and inexperienced player in at the deep end like that alongside another relatively young player who hasn't been playing much lately (Attakora) unless he has been doing very well lately in that regard. Harden is for from ideal but MLS is the kind of league where if you lose two starting centre backs you are are almost inevitably going to have to use somebody making close to the league minimum, who isn't very good but is the best available for $40k per season. It shouldn't come as a huge shock when these players don't do all that well.

markus
06-02-2011, 06:15 PM
"The 19-year old Ecuador international made his Toronto debut on April 2. Plata will remain with his national team for another friendly in New York against Greece on June 7. He could rejoin Toronto for the club's away match in Los Angeles on June 11."

phonzo
06-02-2011, 06:20 PM
If we lose someone I'm crying

MartinUtd
06-02-2011, 07:03 PM
YUP......so the CB experiment will get even more interesting

Hmm.. so that means we're basically forced to play either Harden or TFCA product alongside Attakora. So is this who's out

Cann - injury
Bouchiba - injury
Stinson - injury
DeGuzman - call up
Plata - call up
Williams - call up

If Gordon is available he'll most certainly start from the bench, what does that leave us with?

Eckersley--Attakora--Harden--Borman

Yourassowsky--Tchani--Stevenovic

---Soolsma---Santos---Martina

Maybe Gargan or Peterson will feature somewhere in there. I wouldn't prefer it but nobody else has had any significant time.

CSO_BBTB
06-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Forgot to check whether Plata being called up lasted longer than the Canada vs Ecuador game. Will change my lineup to

-----------------Frei
Stevanovic----Santos-------Yourassowky
--------------Gordon

denime
06-03-2011, 05:22 AM
Head to Head Preview: Sporting Kansas City - Toronto FC (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/goal/sow//SIG=14glbd53k;_ylt=Amk.E5EVm1IcH869VcqwZPYXRJ54/*http%3A//www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2011/06/02/2515526/head-to-head-preview-sporting-kansas-city-toronto-fc?synpar=yahoo)

bgnewf
06-03-2011, 02:21 PM
TFC v Sporting KC Pre Game

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/06/tfc-v-sporting-kc-pre-game/

Exclusive video and some observations from training ahead of TFC's game Saturday evening versus Sporting Kansas City.

Gordon out definitely - words from his own mouth
Peterson, Stinson and Zavarise are all carrying knocks. Peterson stated he is 50/50
Plata is definitely available

denime
06-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Plata is available acording the TFC pregame email.

Niiice

bgnewf
06-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Plata is available acording the TFC pregame email.

Niiice

Wish I got this on video, but at the end of the TC training session today Joao Plata took Bob De Klerk on a piggyback ride right off the pitch.

Little guy is strong

denime
06-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Forgot to check whether Plata being called up lasted longer than the Canada vs Ecuador game. Will change my lineup to

-----------------Frei
Stevanovic----Santos-------Yourassowky
--------------Gordon

Man, they are making you work your lineup back and forth now that Plata ia available you have to change starting lineup again.;-)

MartinUtd
06-03-2011, 03:27 PM
I read somewhere on here that there's talk of Tchani starting as CB. Does anyone know where that originated from?

Lennon
06-03-2011, 03:29 PM
I read somewhere on here that there's talk of Tchani starting as CB. Does anyone know where that originated from?

Here? (http://www.rednationonline.ca/TheBootRoomThepotentialofTonyTchani.aspx)

__wowza
06-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Wish I got this on video, but at the end of the TC training session today Joao Plata took Bob De Klerk on a piggyback ride right off the pitch.

Little guy is strong

HAHAHA. we should have a scrapbook of De Klerks greatest hits.

- him standing next to the mascot after getting thrown off the pitch
- plata giving him a piggy back ride

__wowza
06-03-2011, 03:40 PM
^ as for the scoreline. im calling it 2 or 3 nil for the TFC.
something tells me that last week was a HUGE kick in the ass.

pekduck
06-03-2011, 04:29 PM
no go for gordon... TFC.ca just announced it

Alixir
06-03-2011, 04:56 PM
I am trying to be positive about this game but some part of me tells me that this is the week we lose to the worst team in the league at home.

bgnewf
06-03-2011, 05:31 PM

At practice today one of the drills they kept running time after time was Tchani hoofing the ball from centre long up to the left winger who would then try a cross into the box for one of the strikers. And Tony must have hit the winger with a wicked pass about 12 times in a row. He has impressive skill.

ManUtd4ever
06-03-2011, 05:36 PM
I am trying to be positive about this game but some part of me tells me that this is the week we lose to the worst team in the league at home.

I feel pessimistic because of last week's debacle as well.

Perhaps the club will provide a pleasant surprise and put in a solid performance with a depleted lineup, like they did in the match against Colorado.

TFCRegina
06-03-2011, 06:05 PM

On the positive side, if we lose, we will no longer be able to say we're losing to the worst team in the league at home again...because we will only be able to lose to the 2nd worst team in the league...

Auzzy
06-03-2011, 06:07 PM
At practice today one of the drills they kept running time after time was Tchani hoofing the ball from centre long up to the left winger who would then try a cross into the box for one of the strikers. And Tony must have hit the winger with a wicked pass about 12 times in a row. He has impressive skill.

Ssshhhhhh, you're telling KC all our secret plays... ;)

MartinUtd
06-03-2011, 06:15 PM

Very interesting. Thanks for the updates, what's your blog? I should give it a read sometime.

bgnewf
06-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Very interesting. Thanks for the updates, what's your blog? I should give it a read sometime.

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com

lobo
06-03-2011, 06:58 PM

and then what? how often did the winger deliver into the box? how often did the striker finish on goal?

TFC Cityboy
06-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Well if we don't win this one we're fucked

lobo
06-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Hmm.. so that means we're basically forced to play either Harden or TFCA product alongside Attakora. So is this who's out

Cann - injury
Bouchiba - injury
Stinson - injury
DeGuzman - call up
Plata - call up
Williams - call up

If Gordon is available he'll most certainly start from the bench, what does that leave us with?

Eckersley--Attakora--Harden--Borman

Yourassowsky--Tchani--Stevenovic

---Soolsma---Santos---Martina

Maybe Gargan or Peterson will feature somewhere in there. I wouldn't prefer it but nobody else has had any significant time.

so winter needs to start giving other players time, i'm thinking youth on the back line tomorrow ... cause i'm sick from seeing gargan, harden and peterson getting time every game and shitting on the field

prizby
06-03-2011, 07:49 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=2773

so here is teal Bunbury minus his noose for tomorrow :)

Azerban
06-03-2011, 08:18 PM
keep the noose

death to traitors

bgnewf
06-03-2011, 08:28 PM
and then what? how often did the winger deliver into the box? how often did the striker finish on goal?

They did about 20 odd repetitions of the drill. The winger delivered into the box about 15 out of twenty times and the strikers put in about half the balls served up to them

bgnewf
06-03-2011, 08:32 PM

Injuries report:

SPORTING KANSAS CITY

OUT M Elbekay Bouchiba (Right Knee Surgery Recovery); D Adrian Cann (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/players/1073/) (Sprained Right Knee); M Matt Stinson (Strained Right Calf)

Gordon is not dressing tomorrow FYI

Peterson and Zavarise are roughly 50/50 for tomorrow. They and Stinson were off training by themselves on Friday morning. Everybody else was 100% as of Friday

prizby
06-03-2011, 09:25 PM
keep the noose

death to traitors

i don't think you understood...just look up at 112 tomorrow...if security let me bring it in.

Dave67
06-03-2011, 09:30 PM
They did about 20 odd repetitions of the drill. The winger delivered into the box about 15 out of twenty times and the strikers put in about half the balls served up to them

But Gargan was the defender, thus rendering the drill useless. Insert smiley face :)

Stryker
06-03-2011, 11:05 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=2773

so here is teal Bunbury minus his noose for tomorrow :)
Im looking foward to reading the stories on Big Soccer and MLS Rumors tomorrow when this creates a xenophobe shit storm.

flamehawk
06-03-2011, 11:24 PM
uhhh... I really hope you guys aren't actually planning on bringing a noose....

Teal Burnbury may be an ass, but I'd be even more pissed off at a bunch of white dudes holding up this quite frankly racist, because of the history, sorta imagery.... fucked up.

prizby
06-04-2011, 01:27 AM
Im looking foward to reading the stories on Big Soccer and MLS Rumors tomorrow when this creates a xenophobe shit storm.

this is a good point...I am going to put a sign on the front that reads "I should have played for Canada"

jloome
06-04-2011, 01:39 AM

Teal Burnbury may be an ass, but I'd be even more pissed off at a bunch of white dudes holding up this quite frankly racist, because of the history, sorta imagery.... fucked up.

Make it a guillotine, then. I don't think he's got any French ancestry.

CSO_BBTB
06-04-2011, 04:02 AM
Man, they are making you work your lineup back and forth now that Plata ia available you have to change starting lineup again.;-)

Definitely left myself open to that kind of comment with the way I phrased that. If things go badly in this game odds on a lot of people, who had nothing much to say in this thread about team selection issues, are suddenly going to be telling the world what Winter should have done once they have the benefit of hindsight to second guess what happened. Personally think if you want to do that sort of thing you should nail your colours to the mast in advance.

tfc007
06-04-2011, 05:47 AM
I am calling 1-1.

denime
06-04-2011, 05:50 AM
Definitely left myself open to that kind of comment with the way I phrased that. If things go badly in this game odds on a lot of people, who had nothing much to say in this thread about team selection issues, are suddenly going to be telling the world what Winter should have done once they have the benefit of hindsight to second guess what happened. Personally think if you want to do that sort of thing you should nail your colours to the mast in advance.

Agree, and this is just another example of how much we don't know what is going on with out team.

sashavukelich
06-04-2011, 06:24 AM

mmhmmm

denime
06-04-2011, 07:03 AM
this is a good point...I am going to put a sign on the front that reads "I should have played for Canada"

and put his name on it too so everyone knows it was meant for him only.You know how today's media can spin your two stick into a scandal.We don't need that right now,we have enough BS going on with checking in flags and banners already.

Yohan
06-04-2011, 07:23 AM
TFC has done well vs KC at home historically... KC has lost a lot of guys to injury and call ups too..

profit89
06-04-2011, 07:48 AM
:scarf:

Suds
06-04-2011, 07:55 AM
GAME DAY!!! ... got all day to get up hyped up for this one lads!

flamehawk
06-04-2011, 08:53 AM

Ya, should just go with that.

C'mon you Reds!!

billyfly
06-04-2011, 09:00 AM
It's raining. There must be a TFC game today.

DangerRed
06-04-2011, 09:52 AM
and put his name on it too so everyone knows it was meant for him only.You know how today's media can spin your two stick into a scandal.We don't need that right now,we have enough BS going on with checking in flags and banners already.

Guys, this is a terrible idea.. you - largely a bunch of white guys - will come off looking like you're suggesting that Teal, a black player, should be hanged. Even with his name on it, in what world do you think this is a good image for the supporters to portray? Even if Teal was white, bringing a noose to suggest the hanging of ANYONE is just bad... I hope you reconsider.

Suds
06-04-2011, 09:54 AM

looks at the bright side .. at least your wife can't make you do the outdoor house chores today :D

denime
06-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Guys, this is a terrible idea.. you - largely a bunch of white guys - will come off looking like you're suggesting that Teal, a black player, should be hanged. Even with his name on it, in what world do you think this is a good image for the supporters to portray? Even if Teal was white, bringing a noose to suggest the hanging of ANYONE is just bad... I hope you reconsider.

Where did anyone on this board suggest hanging? Read again the posts and you will see that everybody is against anything that would suggest hanging or racism or any other nonsense you are mentioning.

flamehawk
06-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Where did anyone on this board suggest hanging? Read again the posts and you will see that everybody is against anything that would suggest hanging or racism or any other nonsense you are mentioning.

to be fair to Danger, wasn't that the original idea being suggested?

I am glad, that that isn't happening anymore though.

prizby
06-04-2011, 10:42 AM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=2774

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=2775

appreciate the feedback guys...drastically making changes to make this work and for it to be more appropriate

flamehawk
06-04-2011, 10:45 AM

appreciate the feedback guys...drastically making changes to make this work and for it to be more appropriate

that looks great!

ManUtd4ever
06-04-2011, 10:46 AM

Ain't that the truth. Although it is supposed to be clear and 18 degrees by kickoff. :cool:

fordsy
06-04-2011, 10:48 AM
I hope it doesn't get postponed!!

Alixir
06-04-2011, 11:14 AM
for those who can't make it to the game its on TSN tonight which means we can watch an TFC/MLS game in HD!

levyashin
06-04-2011, 11:25 AM
team for today---frei---
attacora--tchaini---henry----yourofski
--eckersley---borman--stephanovic
---martina--santos---plata
bench;gold--cordon--soolsma--pick any 2 from the rest.

Chevy
06-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Tchani on the back line? Never gonna happen.

But I do like the sound of Eck in the midfield.

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-04-2011, 11:41 AM
I really hope the rain clears, I'm getting so sick of it. I really hope the put a roof on BMO one of these days.

Alixir
06-04-2011, 11:45 AM

Good show mate!

denime
06-04-2011, 12:35 PM

How big it is,we should put that on the railing behind the net,so he and the rest of soccer fans in Canada can see it. Maybe even give the banner to the guys going to Detroit. :-D

CSO_BBTB
06-04-2011, 12:47 PM
No Gordon is a major downer as he can make a significant difference up front as he is well suited to the lone central striker sort of role and Santos is not that bad at playing in behind him. Hope the starting lineup is something like this to play it safe given the probable centre back combo:

---------------Frei
Stevanovic--Yourassowsky--Plata
--------------Santos

Suspect we'll see Soolsma in there instead of Stevanovic and it will be more of a 4-3-3 than a 4-2-3-1, however. Soolsma isn't a complete waste of space or anything like that but isn't really the answer, in my opinion. Too bad Martina didn't keep things going after the two goals against Portland but there was obviously a reason why Dutch clubs weren't interested in his services.

69Chevy396
06-04-2011, 01:07 PM
If the team plays poorly again today, win or lose, I may dump one of my seasons tickets for each of the 9 remaining games ,for ticket price minus 20 percent. Lower part of 227. Message me tomorrow. Am serious.

prizby
06-04-2011, 01:52 PM
How big it is,we should put that on the railing behind the net,so he and the rest of soccer fans in Canada can see it. Maybe even give the banner to the guys going to Detroit. :-D

10 feet long..i am going down to detroit :)

made it a two stick

as for mr. bunbury...im painting bits of it white...best thing i could think of

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=2776

Heart of Stone
06-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Does anybody want a Preki figurine?

Darlofletch
06-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Does anybody want a Preki figurine?

wierd.

but yes, that sounds kind of cool actually.

Pookie
06-04-2011, 03:16 PM
team for today---frei---
attacora--tchaini---henry----yourofski
--eckersley---borman--stephanovic
---martina--santos---plata
bench;gold--cordon--soolsma--pick any 2 from the rest.

Plata is with his National team until next week. If Tchani moves to CB, I would see the line up like:

Eckersley - Attakora - Tchani - Borman
Yourassowsky - JDG - Stevanovic
Martina - Santos - Soolsma

prizby
06-04-2011, 03:19 PM
here we go guys...2 stick is done, and here is the final Teal TIFO :p

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=2777

Welcome back Teal Bunbury

werewolf
06-04-2011, 03:22 PM
what happened to the first banner? :lol:

Why is he white?

flamehawk
06-04-2011, 03:22 PM

wait, ur actually going with the bloody noose??

prizby
06-04-2011, 03:31 PM
what happened to the first banner? :lol:

Why is he white?

some people had concerns about it possibly being seen as a different stance...i agreed with them, thus i tried to eliminate the possibility of ppl thinking that

werewolf
06-04-2011, 03:36 PM
But he isn't white...its factually incorrect.

Don't want to sound like I am talking smack on your efforts, just trying to understand. I am in support of any form of trolling traitors.

That banner with his quote was tops.

Azerban
06-04-2011, 03:42 PM

you're the one defining literally everyone by the colour of their skin.

it's you, you're the racist.

also, as an aside;

Here’s a statistic: between 1882, when reliable records started to be kept, and 1968, there were 4,743 lynchings recorded in the United States. In Canada, during this same eighty-six-year period, there was one: Louie Sam’s.

and he was aboriginal. so we have no real history of lynchings to speak of here. you've completely co-opted another nations grisly past into your own.

by the way, the white knight moral brigade, where are you when people are singing "we need a rope, a tree..."

Chevy
06-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Is someone seriously considering bringing a sign or banner with a noose on it? Is that what I'm hearing here?

Island Man
06-04-2011, 03:48 PM

Brilliant

TFCRegina
06-04-2011, 04:14 PM

also, as an aside;

and he was aboriginal. so we have no real history of lynchings to speak of here. you've completely co-opted another nations grisly past into your own.

by the way, the white knight moral brigade, where are you when people are singing "we need a rope, a tree..."

I have concerns about the noose too. History or not, its a real sensitive topic.

flamehawk
06-04-2011, 04:15 PM

also, as an aside;

It's getting pretty annoying how many times I've gotten into these sort of debates on here.

As a racialized person, i don't get the power to define anyone by the colour of their skin.. that sorta thing is a result of systemic problems/history.. Identifying that racism exists, and that certain imagery has roots/plays into is not example of racism. So stop being so defensive and actually try to have a conversation...

Actually, there's a number of examples of lynching in Canada. While not as common as in the States, its not factually correct to say we have no real history of it. I don't have citations on hand, but I can find some if you'd like. Besides, given how interconnected the cultures of the US and Canada are, this is a bit of a moot point.

And I uncomfortable with any depiction of a racialized person being lynched .. given the major role the lynching imagery has in the narrative of racialized people being a violent, sexual threat to white people...

Chevy
06-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Maybe its just not a very good idea to suggest lynching anyone, any time, any place, for any reason.

flamehawk
06-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Maybe its just not a very good idea to suggest lynching anyone, any time, any place, for any reason.

that too

kaos197O
06-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Did anyone make a huge "TRAITOR" banner for him to go with it?

We need to hammer that douche tonight. All night. Nonstop.

Fuck you Teal!

JuliquE
06-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Please don't include a noose in your banner.

Thanks.

Brooker
06-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Ohhh The Horror!!!!!!!!!!!!

TFCRegina
06-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Starting XI:

torontofc Toronto FC
#TFC XI: Frei; Eckersley, Harden, Attakora, Borman; Tchani, Sturgis, Yourassowsky; Martina, Maicon, Plata .. #TorontoFC #MLS

flamehawk
06-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Starting XI:

torontofc Toronto FC
#TFC XI: Frei; Eckersley, Harden, Attakora, Borman; Tchani, Sturgis, Yourassowsky; Martina, Maicon, Plata .. #TorontoFC #MLS

Thank god, I wouldn't have been surprised if even Henry was to start ahead of Attakora. I might have actually tried starting Henry ahead of Harden though after that nightmare performance last week. Also glad that Gargan isn't starting.

TFCRegina
06-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Thank god, I wouldn't have been surprised if even Henry was to start ahead of Attakora. I might have actually tried starting Henry ahead of Harden though after that nightmare performance last week. Also glad that Gargan isn't starting.

Same.

JavierMartini
06-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Ashtone morgan!!!!!

LesH
06-04-2011, 05:44 PM

Injuries report:

SPORTING KANSAS CITY

Anything else than a TFC win I will consider a monumental fail.
This in the context of last Saturday's shitshow, and TFC's overall performance in 2011.

Island Man
06-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Bunbury starts.

flamehawk
06-04-2011, 05:52 PM
where's stevanovic??

LesH
06-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Stream anyone please?
(For watching outside Canada.)

flamehawk
06-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Stream anyone please?
(For watching outside Canada.)

There's a link listed on atdhenet.tv

A.J
06-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Here's a stream

http://www.justin.tv/cholillo_830#/w/1293526512

Island Man
06-04-2011, 06:01 PM
http://www.sports-billet.eu/channel1.html

Very good stream

LesH
06-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Thanks guys!

Brooker
06-04-2011, 06:07 PM
http://www.stopstream.tv/ch1.html

Kristian Jack doing commentary?!

LesH
06-04-2011, 06:07 PM
http://www.sports-billet.eu/channel1.html

Very good stream

wow, indeed superb quality!

Soccerpro
06-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Borman and Harden both starting? Really? Are we really going to go through this for the millionth time Winter? Put Morgan in for Borman and a pilon in for Harden. Idiot.

A.J
06-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Apparently Peterson is injured?

ExiledRed
06-04-2011, 06:34 PM
This is terrible to watch......yawn

LesH
06-04-2011, 06:40 PM
This is terrible to watch......yawn

lol, I'm sensing you're surprised, and I'm wondering why?
It's just the usual TFC game...

jloome
06-04-2011, 06:42 PM
God, Danleigh Borman sucks donkey balls. Watching him and Eckersley on the pitch at the same time is a painful contrast.

twistedchinaman
06-04-2011, 06:44 PM
^ Nailed it, Les.

King Jeff
06-04-2011, 06:44 PM
http://www.stopstream.tv/ch1.html

Kristian Jack doing commentary?!

Bizarre!

Soccerpro
06-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Fuck this team sucks

Blixa
06-04-2011, 06:55 PM
This is fucking painful to watch.

Brooker
06-04-2011, 06:57 PM
wow.

CSO_BBTB
06-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Was a wee bit irked by Davenport's not as good as Shrewsbury Town comment earlier but have more respect for it after those 45 minutes. When MLS teams lose a few starters to injury, suspension, callups etc the depth simply isn't there to keep the standard up to the level the Union were playing at last week. Beyond that this game is crying out for a player like Amado Guevara. Normally not one for throwing in young players when points are very much on the line (KC Wizards are truly abysmal) but might be worth giving Oscar Cordon a go eventually if he's on the bench. Missed the first 2 minutes so didn't catch who is on the bench.

woolly
06-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Well the good news (sort of) is that Nana is as solid as he ever was.

LesH
06-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Borman and Harden both starting? Really? Are we really going to go through this for the millionth time Winter? Put Morgan in for Borman and a pilon in for Harden. Idiot.

This!

CSO_BBTB
06-04-2011, 07:07 PM

Borman is a waste of space I'll give you that (have to assume Morgan hasn't been impressing in training) but the scary thing is a lot of the best distribution out of the defence has been coming from Harden. Can see what Winter sees in him today even if I hope they get a new centre back in ASAP to fill the void created by Cann's injury.

Davenport
06-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Was a wee bit irked by Davenport's not as good as Shrewsbury Town comment earlier but have more respect for it after those 45 minutes. When MLS teams lose a few starters to injury, suspension, callups etc the depth simply isn't there to keep the standard up to the level the Union were playing at last week. Beyond that this game is crying out for a player like Amado Guevara. Normally not one for throwing in young players when points are very much on the line (KC Wizards are truly abysmal) but might be worth giving Oscar Cordon a go eventually if he's on the bench. Missed the first 2 minutes so didn't catch who is on the bench.
Thanks CSO

Alixir
06-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Yourassowsky is Yourassshit today.

Island Man
06-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Yourassowsky needs to come off, playing awful and getting in Platas way.

jloome
06-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Why is TSN incapable of broadcasting an entire game without blackouts and video issues? It's truly disgraceful.

Island Man
06-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Nice effort from Santos there.

CSO_BBTB
06-04-2011, 07:35 PM
To be fair Yourassowsky is playing out of position because you know who had to be traded to NYRB but an attacking central midfielder is definitely the missing link. Once Gordon is back we'll probably see Santos in there. Not sure Soolsma for Plata is what was needed.

Alixir
06-04-2011, 07:39 PM
how and the hell was that a yellow against Eckersley...he was standing still when Pedro ran into him.

samconnie
06-04-2011, 07:43 PM
boring shit

Island Man
06-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Ergh Gargan on, although it was forced.

Alixir
06-04-2011, 07:46 PM
boring shitits just disappointing.

Davenport
06-04-2011, 07:53 PM
This is fooking rubbish and there is nobody there.
Looks like MLSE have fooked another sports team up.
SKC are the better team.

Soccerpro
06-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Borman stop trying to launch long diagonal balls. You're not good enough.

Pyeddo
06-04-2011, 07:56 PM
I still can't fathom taking off Plata and putting in Soolsma. Insanity

Davenport
06-04-2011, 07:58 PM
I still can't fathom taking off Plata and putting in Soolsma. Insanity
Nothing about this team makes sense.

Island Man
06-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Attakora getting injured sums up our season.

LucaGol
Wow ... this is just painful to watch.

dantdot
God damn, just got power back in Etobicoke after 5 hours. 0-0?! Terrible.

jloome
06-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Well, given how many players were gone, that was predictably craptacular. Henry looked good, and Tchani was impressive.

Pyeddo
06-04-2011, 08:03 PM
90+ mins, 5 shots, best one coming from Henry who was on less than 1 min?

How die-hard fans can still jump and shout after 5 seasons of this is mind boggling. Ardent support is one thing, blind faith is a whole 'nother...

Island Man
06-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Henry looked good? For all of 20 seconds?

Davenport
06-04-2011, 08:05 PM
That was the worst game of "professional" soccer I have ever seen.
Crowds will never return to see this shower of shit.

Davenport
06-04-2011, 08:06 PM

How die-hard fans can still jump and shout after 5 seasons of this is mind boggling. Ardent support is one thing, blind faith is a whole 'nother...
They need to protest, not dance and sing like it's the end of school.

Island Man
06-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Don't worry we only play LA away next.

Actually they have no Ricketts or Donovan.

Blixa
06-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Success. I'll take a draw against a very good team.

Redcoe15
JESUS FRUITCAKE CHRIST!!! If our team can't score against a side that's been on the road for 10 FUCKING GAMES straight, then they suck donkey balls!!! :prrr:

CSO_BBTB

I've seen worse in the UK from full-time pro teams in both Scotland and England but still pretty piss poor. A DP signing or two during the upcoming transfer window pro rated against the cap and bought down to under $100k with allocation money could do wonders.

Pyeddo
06-04-2011, 08:10 PM

So would I, but KC is dead last in the East sport

Flipityflu
06-04-2011, 08:12 PM
well, at least we didn't give up a shitty goal.

Davenport
06-04-2011, 08:12 PM
I've seen worse in the UK from full-time pro teams in both Scotland and England but still pretty piss poor. A DP signing or two during the upcoming transfer window pro rated against the cap and bought down to under $100k with allocation money could do wonders.
Agreed......I've seen some crap there as well, but this ranks up there.
I'm not sure if I trust anyone at TFC to spot a real player.

ExiledRed
06-04-2011, 08:13 PM

Yes, and what we got was a challenging 0-0 draw againt 11 knackered old men with blindfolds on.

So when does the rebuilding process begin?

Davenport
06-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Yes, and what we got was a challenging 0-0 draw againt 11 knackered old men with blindfolds on.

So when does the rebuilding process begin?
5 years ago.

Beach_Red
06-04-2011, 08:14 PM
5 years ago.

Almost any previois TFC team could beat this TFC team easily.

cochrdoc
06-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Davenport,
Why don`t you start cheering for another team.Who wants to read your negative comments

Island Man
06-04-2011, 08:15 PM
When we score we can't defend, when we keep a clean sheet we can't score.

Pyeddo
06-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Davenport,
Why don`t you start cheering for another team.Who wants to read your negative comments

Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if it differs from yours cochrdoc

Davenport
06-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Almost any previois TFC team could beat this TFC team easily.
Yes. Even the first year team would.
At least they had some characters.
No progress in 5 years.
Sigh......

Davenport
06-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Davenport,
Just saying how it is coch.

ilikemusic
06-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Yes. Even the first year team would.
At least they had some characters.
No progress in 5 years.
Sigh......

No progress would be a pretty big improvement for this squad.

This isn't a lack of progress, its a complete regression. They have regressed past MLS side, past bad MLS side, past expansion MLS side and past USL side, I think about now the state of this franchise is somewhere between a high school girls team and a pub league team.

Davenport
06-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if it differs from yours cochrdoc
Cheers Pyeddo.
I want this team to be successful as much as anyone else but when we can all see so many errors in the signings, starting team and formation then we're allowed to say so...aren't we ?

Davenport
06-04-2011, 08:23 PM
No progress would be a pretty big improvement for this squad.

This isn't a lack of progress, its a complete regression. They have regressed past MLS side, past bad MLS side, past expansion MLS side and past USL side, I think about now the state of this franchise is somewhere between a high school girls team and a pub league team.
There's a real problem here and if it doesn't get fixed soon it will die a slow death.....and this had SO much potential.

Waggy
06-04-2011, 08:23 PM
When we score we can't defend, when we keep a clean sheet we can't score.

That's how a rebuild goes. If we could do both consistantly together we'd be a pretty awesome team.

Considering how many options we were missing today, and still without our best offensive player, I'll take a draw. Significantly better than a 6-2 loss no?

Lennon
06-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Went to this game with my family .. they won't be coming back.
Easily the most boring game this season. Maybe ever.

koryo
06-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Davenport,

coch, you need to grow up. If you can't stomach it when someone calls this team for what they are -- namely, a pathetic shower of shit -- then you need to find an entirely different game altogether.

Ever considered cheer leading? TV evangelism? That might suit you a bit better.

69Chevy396
06-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Couple observations from the game.

1. What is wrong with the pitch? Players were slipping more than usual.
2. Where are the fans, seems like fewer than 14000 at the game.,
3. The team plays with nil recognizable formation, and the defenders played long ball way too often.
4. Martina holds the ball too long, and cannot beat any mls defender.
5. Attakora played well.
6. Eckersley has tons of talent, covers his mark well, defends well, but
his distribution/passing is horrible.
7. Tchani, Santos and Plato do not play well together.
8. This midfield may be the worst yet for TFC. They have nothing.

Pyeddo
06-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Its nice to see some people calling a spade a spade.

LesH
06-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Crowds will never return to see this shower of shit.

Nah man..
In these 5 years there were so many utter crap games played at BMO, that would take a scientist to select the worst one... :facepalm:

boozilla
06-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Squirrel (1) vs. TFC / KC (0)

werewolf
06-04-2011, 08:59 PM
And I uncomfortable with any depiction of a racialized person being lynched .. given the major role the lynching imagery has in the narrative of racialized people being a violent, sexual threat to white people...

Whats a racialized person?

kaos197O
06-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Squirrel (1) vs. TFC / KC (0)

That was brilliant. We chanted like he'll for that little sucker to go for goal and he didn't disappoint. Wild crowd reaction for the little ones efforts. Best half time show ever.

Play on the field-MEH. The chanting in 109 and 110 wwas great with Sparta, Flush, TFCbuffalo and SQUIRREL and........shit....there's too many to mention. Great 75 Mile BastArds banner as well. Fuck FO!

I am calling it now. Victory will be ours on the 18th and shits gonna get MENTAL at BMO again.

TFCin110
06-04-2011, 09:14 PM
So, I am relatively new...but is this what a post game thread is normally like? People just come on here and complain about everything?

Island Man
06-04-2011, 09:16 PM
So, I am relatively new...but is this what a post game thread is normally like? People just come on here and complain about everything?

If there is something to complain about - then yes. Recently there has been a lot to complain about.

flamehawk
06-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Whats a racialized person?

A person of colour; someone, who by the virtue of their skin colour/arbitrary physical characteristic, is put into a lesser category and marginalized economically, culturally, politically, etc.

kaos197O
06-04-2011, 09:21 PM

Not everyone complains but there really wasn't a lot of positives from this match aside from Attakora looking solid and Eckersley playing very consistently once again. Oh and of course, us crazy bastards who sing, bounce and chant for the boys on the field regardless of the bullshit FO has put us through for the last 5 years.

Waggy
06-04-2011, 09:21 PM
A person of colour; someone, who by the virtue of their skin colour/arbitrary physical characteristic, is put into a lesser category and marginalized economically, culturally, politically, etc.

I think the point he's trying to make is that in 2011 we should be viewing that picture with horror that a man was being lynched. Not a black man, or a white man. The inference isn't that he's being lynched for being black, and moreover (and more importantly) almost no-one who saw the banner would think so either. It probably wouldn't even enter into most peoples minds. Even someone who doesn't watch soccer, or follow Toronto FC would assume he'd spurned our club, insulted the city and or country, did something horrible to one of our players once etc.

Redcoe15
06-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Are you a Leafs fan?

TFCin110
06-04-2011, 09:28 PM
If there is something to complain about - then yes. Recently there has been a lot to complain about.

No no, I know that. But what I mean is, does everyone tend to see things game by game or does anyone look at the grand scheme of things. Like that this may run deeper than 1 season. I realize this is the post game for this thread but as a relatively newbie it seems the general trend is that people are being very short sighted.

Blizzard
06-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Bizarre!

What's bizarre is that Luke Wileman has been doing on-air work for Gol for a couple of years (and now TSN) and people are mistaking him for Kristian Jack!

Blizzard
06-04-2011, 09:32 PM

That's a nice way to insult just about everybody on this forum or in 112/113.

flamehawk
06-04-2011, 09:36 PM
I think the point he's trying to make is that in 2011 we should be viewing that picture with horror that a man was being lynched. Not a black man, or a white man. The inference isn't that he's being lynched for being black, and moreover (and more importantly) almost no-one who saw the banner would think so either. It probably wouldn't even enter into most peoples minds. Even someone who doesn't watch soccer, or follow Toronto FC would assume he'd spurned our club, insulted the city and or country, did something horrible to one of our players once etc.

Well, we're both ultimately debating on hypothetically how people may think about the noose. And perhaps its just the people I hang out with, but I think while we may recognize that the intentions may not be racist and that it probably had more to do with what you're suggesting 'insulting the club etc.', it does seem a little insensitive given the history. That's my perspective.

Others have also argued that its kinda problematic using lynching imagery/being seen as advocating violence full stop..

I am just sharing my position.. and it feels uncomfortable sometimes where I feel like I keep having to raise these things, but I felt I needed to raise my concerns...

Anyways, back to other complaints.. about how fucked we are as a team...

TFCin110
06-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Are you a Leafs fan?

LOL, no, just intrigued by the goings on here. I've never seen a message board quite like this one....and i've been posting on soccer message boards for a long time.

123 elite
06-04-2011, 09:39 PM
No no, I know that. But what I mean is, does everyone tend to see things game by game or does anyone look at the grand scheme of things. Like that this may run deeper than 1 season. I realize this is the post game for this thread but as a relatively newbie it seems the general trend is that people are being very short sighted.

I think many people on here look at the grand scheme of things. And as a few have pointed out we were better 5 years ago than we are now. In the grand scheme of things we are the shit. And there are no signs of that changing. We are almost mid season and we are worse than we were at the start.

kaos197O
06-04-2011, 09:41 PM
That's a nice way to insult just about everybody on this forum or in 112/113.

Thanks for not including those in 109-111. Sheesh Blizz! Just having q go at ya.

Cheers

Nuvinho
06-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Best part of the game was at the half - Kids singing, guy winning 12 pizzas (I hate that game they do), and the squirrel making a great run and scoring. That's how bad the game was!!!

BritSOL
06-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Best part of the game was at the half - Kids singing, guy winning 12 pizzas (I hate that game they do), and the squirrel making a great run and scoring. That's how bad the game was!!!

Have you noticed that they always win 12 pizzas.....

SQUIRREL
06-04-2011, 09:47 PM
does anyone have video of this SQUIRREL????

ilikemusic
06-04-2011, 09:48 PM

Are you making that generalization based on several seasons of observation of post game threads, or just based on this one post game thread, because if so, I think you are being very short sighted.

Blizzard
06-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks for not including those in 109-111. Sheesh Blizz! Just having q go at ya.

Cheers

Why I oughta .........

Beach_Red
06-04-2011, 09:51 PM

The grand scheme of things is a big part of what makes peolpe here seem negative.

Right now just one positive would go a long way. So far all we've heard is, "wait," and a lot of excuses.

werewolf
06-04-2011, 09:57 PM

He makes $183 000 this year. I don't care what colour he is, thats not being marginalized in any economy.

I suppose if it was a white man with a noose around his neck, nobody would care. White people don't have a race...apparently.

Dixie
06-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Sign that squirrel...please!

Beach_Red
06-04-2011, 09:58 PM
He makes $183 000 this year. I don't care what colour he is, thats not being marginalized in any economy.

I suppose if it was a white man with a noose around his neck, nobody would care. White people don't have a race...apparently.

Really?

andyc
06-04-2011, 10:02 PM

I'm Welsh - Does that count?? I always wondered...

:D

werewolf
06-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Really?

True story.

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/May%201,%202011%20Salary%20Information%20-%20By%20Club.pdf

Hamilton_Red
06-04-2011, 10:06 PM
2010 TFC would thrash 2011TFC. We've really weakened as a team.p

Beach_Red
06-04-2011, 10:07 PM
True story.

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/May%201,%202011%20Salary%20Information%20-%20By%20Club.pdf

No, that's not what I meant, see there's the history of the world and... ah, nevermind.

werewolf
2010 TFC would thrash 2011TFC. We've really weakened as a team.p

2007 TFC would thrash 2011 TFC, except for some reason we are paying more for this version. :noidea:

Mikey

Me too, let me know when we play one.....both teams looked like they were playing in clown shoes tonight.

werewolf
06-04-2011, 10:08 PM
No, that's not what I meant, see there's the history of the world and... ah, nevermind.

http://i43.tower.com/images/mm101518897/how-scots-invented-modern-world-true-story-arthur-herman-paperback-cover-art.jpg

Juanito
06-04-2011, 10:09 PM

This is an interesting question/observation. I assume you've been following TFC for a while If so, you would know that our on-pitch performance has been somewhat less than stellar.

Add to this the off-pitch shenanigans from Mo Johnston, to Preki, to De Rosario .... a lot of people feel they are getting the shaft. The front office has asked a lot of patience from us supporters but in my opinion, and many people's opinion, they are not showing us anything in return.

This is a point for debate but it has been shown that you can go from worst to first in a relatively short time, a single season in some cases. We, as a club, seem to be incapable of putting a half-consistent team out there that can just make the play-offs ... and the tired "rebuilding" clichés have grown some quite tiresome on some people.

In the end, frustration has set in.

flamehawk
06-04-2011, 10:11 PM

here it goes again..

lol, to quote Chris Rock: "Shaq is rich. The white man who signs his check … is wealthy"
..but that's not really my point...

Do we have rich racialized people? no shit.. but if you look at the numbers statistically, we tend to make less money (even when taking into account education, language, 2nd generation etc.)..

And it's not that white people don't get racialized... the Irish for example were historically considered black.. Romani people might pass for white in a lot of spaces, but in Europe they definitely wouldn't... its not so clear cut...

Anyways, this conversation can continue elsewhere.. my last response on this topic, doesn't seem like the right thread for it.

Juanito
06-04-2011, 10:13 PM
here it goes again..

lol, to quote Chris Rock: "Shaq is rich. The white man who signs his check … is wealthy"
..but that's not really my point...

Do we have rich racialized people? no shit.. but if you look at the numbers statistically, we tend to make less money (even when taking into account education, language, 2nd generation etc.)..

And it's not that white people don't get racialized... the Irish for example were historically considered black.. Romani people might pass for white in a lot of spaces, but in Europe they definitely wouldn't... its not so clear cut...

Anyways, this conversation can continue elsewhere.. my last response on this topic, doesn't seem like the right thread for it.

Can we PLEEEEEEEEEEASE change the subject? This can degenerate very quickly!

werewolf
06-04-2011, 10:15 PM
doesn't seem like the right thread for it.

Agreed, should never have been brought up in the first place. We should stick to the game, not that there was really much to talk about...

Juanito
06-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Agreed, should never have been brought up in the first place. We should stick to the game, not that there was really much to talk about...

I missed it ..... that bad huh?

werewolf
06-04-2011, 10:19 PM
We had a header in stoppage time by the young guy that just came on as a sub. That gk made a good diving save though. The Belgian had a nice shot in the second half, but right at the GK. Frei made a nice save on the ground.

No idea how they are going to do the Game in 6 minutes when there is only 30 seconds worth of highlights (and that is showing everything from three different angles).

Hamilton_Red
06-04-2011, 10:20 PM
True story.

These salary numbers are shocking! Who is Bouchiba..that's paid twice as much as Attakora? Stevanovic on 240k....he's crap. Yourassky ...80k! DeGuzman's a 75k$ player on this table at best...1.9 million ffs!

Even more depressing.....

flamehawk
06-04-2011, 10:20 PM
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

Post-match interviews up..

Only watched the start of Winter's interview, but he's saying we played very good lol...

Ya, sure relative to last week.. but we were playing the worst team in the league at the moment.

Roogsy
06-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Did anyone do the banner with the noose around Buttbury's neck? No? Then discussing it further seems stupid. Take the topic to the off-topic thread please.

Beach_Red
06-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Well, NE lost so now we're tied with them at 13 points. I guess that's a positive from tonight.

Juanito
06-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Well, NE lost so now we're tied with them at 13 points. I guess that's a positive from tonight.

We are co-losers?! YAY, my mom will be so proud! ;)

Pookie
06-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Gotta love the negativity. You almost forget that you are on a Supporters Group website.

Juanito
06-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Gotta love the negativity. You almost forget that you are on a Supporters Group website.

http://herskowitz2011.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/negativity.jpg

werewolf
06-04-2011, 10:40 PM

There is negativity, and then there is the obvious. We just tied the last place team in the league at home. Not losing isn't much of a positive anymore.

dow117
06-04-2011, 10:43 PM
First home game that I did not attend since day 1 but watched the debacle on TSN. Seeing BMO so empty on the box, I reflected on how the world has changed..... even the south end had many empty seats... What have they done to my world ??

brad
06-04-2011, 10:57 PM
There is negativity, and then there is the obvious. We just tied the last place team in the league at home. Not losing isn't much of a positive anymore.

That was also KC's first clean sheet of the year.

InDa_110
06-04-2011, 10:59 PM
The problem is that this is probably the worst team in all 5 years.

With the exception of Plata there is no one on this team who you can honestly say is the future.

What's worse is that not only do they stink, they have no heart or intensity.

This is really bad.

With nothing to build on, those empty seats will never be completley filled again.

werewolf
06-04-2011, 11:03 PM
That was also KC's first clean sheet of the year.

http://bucheron.productions.free.fr/blog/public/images/h2orz.jpg

InDa_110
06-04-2011, 11:07 PM
My Avatar is quickly becoming a collectors item

brad
06-04-2011, 11:14 PM
The problem is that this is probably the worst team in all 5 years.

With the exception of Plata there is no one on this team who you can honestly say is the future.

What's worse is that not only do they stink, they have no heart or intensity.

This is really bad.

With nothing to build on, those empty seats will never be completley filled again.

I think as a team, this one is equally as bad as the rest. What's missing is the DeRo/Guevera that can pull something out of thin air and make the team look better than they are.

I can see Tchani becoming an absolute stud in the MLS in a few years.

kaos197O
06-04-2011, 11:32 PM
does anyone have video of this SQUIRREL????

Hahaha. Damn you and your Smokey's poutine. Shoulda been there bro!

Brooker
06-05-2011, 12:11 AM
What's bizarre is that Luke Wileman has been doing on-air work for Gol for a couple of years (and now TSN) and people are mistaking him for Kristian Jack!

Kristian Jack was doing commentary for the Kansas feed.... We didn't make the mistake, you did. So bizarre it fucked you up. :D

Blizzard
06-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Kristian Jack was doing commentary for the Kansas feed.... We didn't make the mistake, you did. So bizarre it fucked you up. :D

My apologies. I stand corrected.

menefreghista
06-05-2011, 12:39 AM
First home game that I did not attend since day 1 but watched the debacle on TSN. Seeing BMO so empty on the box, I reflected on how the world has changed..... even the south end had many empty seats... What have they done to my world ??

I like how they list the attendance as 19,962.

Who are they trying to fool?

Brooker
06-05-2011, 12:43 AM
My apologies. I stand corrected.

Ah I totally understand. It was fucking weird. Can't blame you for getting confused.... We were, too.

Kristian was trying to stay objective but the guy he was doing commentary with was totally lost and very, very pro Kansas. It was more entertaining than the game itself.

ilikemusic
06-05-2011, 12:44 AM
I like how they list the attendance as 19,962.

Who are they trying to fool?

Didnt announced attendance start creeping down last season? It seemed like they were being slightly more honest with announcing the actual attendance as opposed to tickets sold.

I guess now though they have given up all pretense of actual attendance and are simply announcing attendance as tickets sold+given away.

It really is sad what has happened to the energy surrounding the team. They have fallen from a possible contender to the Jays and Raptors, to just another minor league franchise trying to get attention in the big-time Toronto market.

Its sad, but it is nothing less than MLSE deserves, so I take some solace in that.

Shep
06-05-2011, 12:44 AM

this team sucks balls, but when I sing 'TFC'till I die!' - I mean it.
it's that simple. there is no blind faith here, I know exactly what I'm cheering for - football, Toronto, and right now to let the team know someone is still there watching and wanting them to bust their ass for the badge.

if and when that effort starts translating into victory I'll be even happier for them after having ridden through this, and then I'll be cheering for the results.

my girlfriend brought her two sons to the game tonight, they were up in 111, their first time out. after she told me they had an AMAZING night (there were caps in the text I got before we talked..) later she said that in between high points in the game they were enthralled with the south end. Now they want to wear their new TFC shirts to soccer practice this week and eventually get down and sing with everyone.. when they get older as their mom had to explain to them lol. But my point, even with the crap result, the horrid play, the support kept it alive, not everyone had a good night, but these little guys are football crazy tonight, and it'll only grow on them. Take the mindboggling action from the die-hards out of the game and professional football might die in the city. Probably take ages to ever recuperate, and we would definitely never see a brighter day for TFC.

but yeah, this team is total shite.
for now.
:scarf:

charade
06-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Just have to parachute in and say that was a god-awful game.

Bars92
06-05-2011, 01:10 AM
upwards and onwards boys. team is here to stay. attendance looked pretty good. we can only get better

jazzy
06-05-2011, 01:13 AM

boom......but in defense we do live on TO . and are a touch sensitive , to say losing , again and again........we welcome optimisim ,

gomesv
06-05-2011, 01:46 AM
This is the first game I have ever had the feeling that I didn't really care what happened on the pitch and that kind of scared me......the game was so bad and the boys looked like they just don't care anymore. Apathy I guess, but I get the feeling more and more of us are feeling the same.....so sad, I really hope things change but I got this sinking feeling....:(

jazzy
06-05-2011, 02:35 AM
I think as a team, this one is equally as bad as the rest. What's missing is the DeRo/Guevera that can pull something out of thin air and make the team look better than they are.

I can see Tchani becoming an absolute stud in the MLS in a few years.

when he can get a more accurate and softer pass, he is giving away far too many balls......although that seems like a total term problem right now,.... and was it me, or was Eckersley pissed when he was taken off and marched straight to the dressing room

Roogsy
06-05-2011, 02:57 AM
Eckers was taken into the dressing room to examine his injury.

J .
06-05-2011, 03:12 AM
Its clear what we see is what we get. A lack of endeavour and ability to pressure a side on the ropes. Going forward we are completely lacking in ability. Santos is not a lone striker, Plata is not a 90 minute player or even a starter right now and needs time. Martina is lost, Stevanovich is just a lost cause. Tchani is super raw. Soolsma is barely a backup. Peterson as useful injured as he is on the pitch and Gordon injured right now to say he would make a difference.

KC was there to be had. Any time we applied pressure you could see they lacked the fortitude to come back. But alas, it was TFC who didnt have the drive to win and our inability to sustain possession is what makes our defending look even worse.

The clubs nonsense they are drivelling about how they are pleased to not conceede and get the point shows how far off BMO is from being a fortress, how far away we are from having a winning mentality and how close we are to being the worst team in MLS.

What you hear from this side is not one committed to winning, but one in words and in play accepting they are inferior, leaving little room in their pysche to over achieve and succeed.

J .
06-05-2011, 03:16 AM
Eckers was taken into the dressing room to examine his injury.

Aside from Frei he is one of the best players on the field for TFC. I hope they sign him and he is not too hurt. Id like to see him play with someone on the wing a few 1-2's and over lapping runs. He does need to work on his crossing and direct passing.

King Jeff
06-05-2011, 05:44 AM

Actually, Kristian Jack was doing the commentary on the KC feed.

*mentioned above*

Brooker
06-05-2011, 06:00 AM
hang in there, boys.

profit89
06-05-2011, 07:16 AM

It's inherent to Toronto it seems.

LesH
06-05-2011, 07:41 AM
LOL, no, just intrigued by the goings on here. I've never seen a message board quite like this one....and i've been posting on soccer message boards for a long time.

Oh, the explanation is very simple:
You've never seen a message board about a team quite like TFC (if you know what I mean...).

Welcome!

:rolleyes: :drinking:

Derko
06-05-2011, 07:47 AM
TFC is still the only game in town, so I must keep up my support or the team will fade like so many Football/Soccer teams from Toronto have in the past, therefore I say keep up the SUPPORT. Yes TFC should have won, but alas many of the supporters are becoming very fickle.

torontocelt
06-05-2011, 07:52 AM
The clubs nonsense they are drivelling about how they are pleased to not conceede and get the point shows how far off BMO is from being a fortress, how far away we are from having a winning mentality and how close we are to being the worst team in MLS.

What you hear from this side is not one committed to winning, but one in words and in play accepting they are inferior, leaving little room in their pysche to over achieve and succeed.

Agree with this. I said months ago that I feared the outcome of a manager and fans whose beliefs were that it was almost expected and okay for TFC to lose this season as it was a rebuilding year. If you dont believe you can win and if you dont get players to understand that they must fight to the death for every point then you will lose them mentally, play will become slack, players wont try as hard and points will be dropped. You cannot afford to give a manager or players an out before a ball has even been kicked and this is what has happened at management, player and fan level at TFC, it is not the way to build anything near to a winning mentality or a winning club in my opinion.

LesH
06-05-2011, 08:06 AM
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

Post-match interviews up..

Only watched the start of Winter's interview, but he's saying we played very good lol...

Ya, sure relative to last week.. but we were playing the worst team in the league at the moment.

All right, I've just listened to the beginning of that same interview, and just like you, I could not stand to listen to more.

I mean WTF, everything has a limit, no?!
Sorry, but Winter lost the last bit of respect from me as a coach if he's capable of doing declarations like in this interview.

He's been a great club and Dutch national team player at the highest levels, probably he's been doing a great job at the Ajax's second (development) team - I can't tell more about this, because I haven't followed it, but boy, he's making a joker from himself since in MLS!
He's greatly damaging his coaching CV for the future!

O yeah? We've been playing well COMPERED TO THE LAST WEEK's game?? That's the one you need to compare to, coach???

And which are again those great, influential players we were missing? (with whom we would've won for sure, that's what you're saying right?)
Oh, plus KC was not missing any player, right?

Come on Winter, be true to your great football past, don't give us crap like this! Can you do this?

Sorry, I may be too angry now, BUT... :picard:

LesH
06-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Agree with this. I said months ago that I feared the outcome of a manager and fans whose beliefs were that it was almost expected and okay for TFC to lose this season as it was a rebuilding year. If you dont believe you can win and if you dont get players to understand that they must fight to the death for every point then you will lose them mentally, play will become slack, players wont try as hard and points will be dropped. You cannot afford to give a manager or players an out before a ball has even been kicked and this is what has happened at management, player and fan level at TFC, it is not the way to build anything near to a winning mentality or a winning club in my opinion.

Excellent post!

Waggy
06-05-2011, 08:30 AM
All right, I've just listened to the beginning of that same interview, and just like you, I could not stand to listen to more.

I mean WTF, everything has a limit, no?!
Sorry, but Winter lost the last bit of respect from me as a coach if he's capable of doing declarations like in this interview.

He's been a great club and Dutch national team player at the highest levels, probably he's been doing a great job at the Ajax's second (development) team - I can't tell more about this, because I haven't followed it, but boy, he's making a joker from himself since in MLS!
He's greatly damaging his coaching CV for the future!

O yeah? We've been playing well COMPERED TO THE LAST WEEK's game?? That's the one you need to compare to, coach???

And which are again those great, influential players we were missing? (with whom we would've won for sure, that's what you're saying right?)
Oh, plus KC was not missing any player, right?

Come on Winter, be true to your great football past, don't give us crap like this! Can you do this?

Sorry, I may be too angry now, BUT... :picard:

Isn't that what he's supposed to compare to? It doesn't matter what happened a month ago anymore then it matters what happened a year ago. If the team gave a better effort than last weeks then he should commend it, especially after he blasted the club after last weeks effort. It's how he keeps credibility in the locker room.

LucaGol
06-05-2011, 08:34 AM

Agreed.

I also said months ago that a rebuilding mentality in MLS was asinine. There just no basis for it.

There's nothing in this team worth carrying on to future seasons anyways.

Pookie
06-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Isn't that what he's supposed to compare to? It doesn't matter what happened a month ago anymore then it matters what happened a year ago. If the team gave a better effort than last weeks then he should commend it, especially after he blasted the club after last weeks effort. It's how he keeps credibility in the locker room.

^ of course not. Folks want to compare TFC to the 2010 NYRBs.

A team that went from worst to first... well, 3rd overall actually... in just one season. This is proof that anything is possible and should be the objective.

Of course, the fact that NYRBs were aided by the league's gift-wrapping of Marquez and Henry is not considered. Their finish was a league record meaning that no one had been able to make that jump before. This of course makes it a realistic target for our team.

Also not considered is the fact that despite that gift, they didn't win a single trophy in that campaign. Getting bounced in the US Open Cup and the MLS Playoffs. I guess that is our aim.

Ignored is the fact that just a season before that, Real Salt Lake, a team with a losing record and backing into the playoffs on the final day of the season (amongst many teams in contention), managed to knock off the LA Galaxy to claim the MLS Cup.

Today, we sit 3 points from a playoff spot in a league which all observers claim is one filled with parity. This is all about scratching and clawing your way into the post season and yesterday we picked up a point with 48 points still left on the table.

menefreghista
06-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Didnt announced attendance start creeping down last season? It seemed like they were being slightly more honest with announcing the actual attendance as opposed to tickets sold.

I guess now though they have given up all pretense of actual attendance and are simply announcing attendance as tickets sold+given away.

It really is sad what has happened to the energy surrounding the team. They have fallen from a possible contender to the Jays and Raptors, to just another minor league franchise trying to get attention in the big-time Toronto market.

Its sad, but it is nothing less than MLSE deserves, so I take some solace in that.

Yes, last season the attendance continued to decrease as it became more apparent we weren't going to make the playoffs, but that was a lot later.

The thing is earlier in the season when we had a game with a low announced number, TFC FO came out and said they announce turnstile counts, not tickets sold. But that can't always be the case based on my feel for the stadium and the numbers they list. I can't take them seriously on this issue any more.

What I do know is that its a lot easier to get in the stadium, a lot easier to leave, and there is a lot more room in the concourse area than in the past.

Even the atmosphere has taken a hit. But can you blame the supporter's for not finding the will to get passionate for the performances we witness? People say we need to give it our all to spur them on. But they have to give us something to cheer for too.

menefreghista
06-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Of course, the fact that NYRBs were aided by the league's gift-wrapping of Marquez and Henry is not considered. Their finish was a league record meaning that no one had been able to make that jump before. This of course makes it a realistic target for our team.

NYRB were already performing well before Henry and Marquez even stepped on the field. Its not like they were mediocre and than those 2 caused a mid-season surge that led them up the standings.

Today, we sit 3 points from a playoff spot in a league which all observers claim is one filled with parity. This is all about scratching and clawing your way into the post season and yesterday we picked up a point with 48 points still left on the table.

It should be noted that its 3 points out, with the team we are chasing having 2 games in hand. Plus we have a wide home-to-road game imbalance that will make it harder for us to pick up points later in the season, unless we somehow start picking up wins on the road.

By my math, you will need 41 or 42 points to make the playoffs in MLS this year. It would take quite a shift in form for TFC to gain 29 points in the next 20 games.

Cashcleaner
06-05-2011, 09:04 AM
^ of course not. Folks want to compare TFC to the 2010 NYRBs.

A team that went from worst to first... well, 3rd overall actually... in just one season. This is proof that anything is possible and should be the objective.

Also not considered is the fact that despite that gift, they didn't win a single trophy in that campaign. Getting bounced in the US Open Cup and the MLS Playoffs. I guess that is our aim.

Ignored is the fact that just a season before that, Real Salt Lake, a team with a losing record and backing into the playoffs on the final day of the season (amongst many teams in contention), managed to knock off the LA Galaxy to claim the MLS Cup.

Oh spare me. You're so way off base it's not even funny. You think people are only wanting to make a comparison to New York in 2010? Most of us know the situation with that club and how it achieved its recent successes, but its only one club out of many that got its shit in order quickly after a losing year. I'd wager most people here aren't the ignorant goons you make them out to be.