PDA

View Full Version : Shitecaps vs Chivas

MartinUtd
06-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Anyone watching this?

Currenly 1-1 in the 75th. Hassli got sent off for a wreckless tackle. Martin Nash plays appologist in the commentary box.:rolleyes:

Live stream here

http://www.sports-billet.eu/channel1.html

TFCRegina
06-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Anyone watching this?

Currenly 1-1 in the 75th. Hassli got sent off for a wreckless tackle. Martin Nash plays appologist in the commentary box.:rolleyes:

Live stream here

http://www.sports-billet.eu/channel1.html

Actually, even the Chivas announcers are now giving shit to the Chivas player for diving.

MartinUtd
06-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Chivas look bad considering they're up a man. They're passing is pretty bad, thankfully Vancouver can't finish their chances.

MartinUtd
06-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Yeah that dive was pretty bad. Hassli's tackle was studs up though... not sure how the commentators don't see it.

haha.. Labrocca's shot gets blocked on an open net.

MartinUtd
06-01-2011, 11:28 PM
That's game. Chivas try one last dive but it ends 1-1

Hassli might have to think about playing so aggressive in the future. I'm glad he's getting called, maybe the red should have been a yellow but most of the time I see him get away with a lot more than he should.

rocker
06-01-2011, 11:28 PM
i thought the only reason Hassli didn't absolutely nail the Chivas player was because the Chivas player reacted and almost jumped out of the way. If it was someone with worse reactions, the player would have been seriously injured. I mean, Hassli comes in studs up, misses the ball by a mile.... 3rd red card this season for the guy.

daner90
06-01-2011, 11:36 PM
holy Hassli sent off again. That is his 3rd sending off of the campaign....

drexel10
06-01-2011, 11:41 PM
i thought the only reason Hassli didn't absolutely nail the Chivas player was because the Chivas player reacted and almost jumped out of the way. If it was someone with worse reactions, the player would have been seriously injured. I mean, Hassli comes in studs up, misses the ball by a mile.... 3rd red card this season for the guy.

He swung around with his leg, no studs. He also didn't even hit him, so that was a bad call. The guy is too good in this league to be thrown out because he fits an aggressive profile.

MartinUtd
06-01-2011, 11:42 PM

You're right. I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt here because I know my bias but it really was a brutal challenge. Hearing Martin Nash say over and over again that the ref blew the call had me longing for Dobbs and Forrest.

MartinUtd
06-01-2011, 11:46 PM
He swung around with his leg, no studs. He also didn't even hit him, so that was a bad call. The guy is too good in this league to be thrown out because he fits an aggressive profile.

Studs were up and pointing towards the shin. Here's the replay

http://www.mlssoccer.com/videos?catid=114&id=15383

What is he doing extending his leg up like that? Total goon, he got what he deserved.

rocker
06-01-2011, 11:55 PM

studs were up. he does get a small piece of him, but only because the player jumped quickly. If that was Soolsma or Harden (in other words, someone slow and not nimble) it would have been worse.

notice too that Hassli never comes even close to the ball.

Hassli is on the edge of reckless every game.

Dunkers
06-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Hassili + Toledo = gaurenteed red card!

TFCRegina
06-02-2011, 12:43 AM
Hassili + Toledo = gaurenteed red card!

Thought it was Salazar that gave the card?

NBS
06-02-2011, 01:13 AM
studs were up. he does get a small piece of him, but only because the player jumped quickly. If that was Soolsma or Harden (in other words, someone slow and not nimble) it would have been worse.

notice too that Hassli never comes even close to the ball.

Hassli is on the edge of reckless every game.

Agreed. I don't know what there is to complain about here, that extra little kick at the end was reckless and potentially dangerous.

Roogsy
06-02-2011, 01:23 AM
Is it a stretch to say that Hassli will not be winning the Fair Play award? :lol:

TFCRegina
06-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Is it a stretch to say that Hassli will not be winning the Fair Play award? :lol:

Fun stat from Benjamin Massey:

Eric Hassli is averaging 0.573 goals every 90 minutes and 0.430 red cards. #WhitecapsFC

Fort York Redcoat
06-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Labrocca remains a contributor. It's hard not to like him on that otherwise unimpressive team.

MartinUtd
06-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Labrocca remains a contributor. It's hard not to like him on that otherwise unimpressive team.

Picks out a nice pass but he put the ball in to the 30th row a few times.

Carts
06-02-2011, 09:38 AM

HEADCASE HASSLI strike again...!!!

But damn, I'd love him in a TFC kit...

Loose cannon - yep...

Game changer - yep...

Better DP than we have - yep...

Carts...

TFCRegina
06-02-2011, 09:42 AM

Loose cannon - yep...

Game changer - yep...

Carts...

I think Tchani or Sturgis would be a better DP than we have at this point.

Carts
06-02-2011, 09:45 AM
I think Tchani or Sturgis would be a better DP than we have at this point.

:facepalm: but true...

KGH
06-02-2011, 10:19 AM

Loose cannon - yep...

Game changer - yep...

Carts...

Couldn't agree more. Put him and Gordon up front

maninb
06-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Undisputable RED CARD....late...studs up...and it was on purpose....not too mention the guys brutal reputation...

Carts
06-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Couldn't agree more. Put him and Gordon up front

Him and Gordon up front would out-muscle and out-work any CB pairing in the MLS - and give a run to other CB pairings in some other leagues out there...

LittleOzzy
06-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Eric the Red strikes again!

MartinUtd
06-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Seeing some of you glorify this guy really makes wonder if I'm on the same page as a lot of supporters. I don't like seeing reckless assholes trying to injure players and then act hard done by when they get sent off. I don't care if its Hassli, Saric or de Jong, they're thugs and that's not what I pay my money to see.

Carts
06-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Seeing some of you glorify this guy really makes wonder if I'm on the same page as a lot of supporters. I don't like seeing reckless assholes trying to injure players and then act hard done by when they get sent off. I don't care if its Hassli, Saric or de Jong, they're thugs and that's not what I pay my money to see.

I don't think anyone likes seeing reckless tackles or attempts to injure another player...

BUT, walking a fine line between 'physical & clean' to 'dirty' is what makes some players great and playing in England, over a journeyman and playing in North America...

If Hassli could find that line, that edge where he's just as physical and rugged, but stops getting suspended for reckless tackles, or just stupid shit (taking off his shirt while on a yellow) he'd be a great asset to any team...

Carts...

drexel10
06-02-2011, 11:54 AM
It is interesting that people on here are unanimously saying it was a clear red, but on other sites the opinions are that it was a soft red/harsh.

Roogsy
06-02-2011, 12:00 PM
It is interesting that people on here are unanimously saying it was a clear red, but on other sites the opinions are that it was a soft red/harsh.

You could argue it's his reputation that is earning him these reds, in which case they are still on him. 3 reds is no coincidence. He's not playing smart and it's beginning to cost him more and more.

drexel10
06-02-2011, 12:03 PM
You could argue it's his reputation that is earning him these reds, in which case they are still on him. 3 reds is no coincidence. He's not playing smart and it's beginning to cost him more and more.

I agree 100%. But if that tackle last night is the standard for a red card, well then should lose JDG almost every game. But the difference between them is about a foot :)

rocker
06-02-2011, 12:16 PM

ya, not smart at all. I just don't understand why he tried to do that in that part of the field at that time of the game. He's a striker, right?!?!

I find the guy does some really dumb things when he doesn't need to. There are moments when those kinds of tackles are warranted. That wasn't one. He has nobody to blame but himself. He's not exactly skilled at tackling anyways. He should stick to being physical up front against defenders with his body and taking shots on goal (he has a good hard accurate shot).

It's interesting that he and Dichio have a lot of similarities, but Dichio didn't bother to do rash challenges. He stuck to his strengths.

MartinUtd
06-02-2011, 12:19 PM
I don't think anyone likes seeing reckless tackles or attempts to injure another player...

BUT, walking a fine line between 'physical & clean' to 'dirty' is what makes some players great and playing in England, over a journeyman and playing in North America...

If Hassli could find that line, that edge where he's just as physical and rugged, but stops getting suspended for reckless tackles, or just stupid shit (taking off his shirt while on a yellow) he'd be a great asset to any team...

Carts...

I'll agree that hard players are good to have on a team and I'm not opposed to that. But there is this glorification of the bone breaking player being adored by the fans; I have the same feeling in the Gattuso thread. Even though it's not a serious thread there's still the prevailing sentiment that a player like Gattuso would foul a lot, get sent off, be a general liability to the team but be held on a pedestal because of what he did to the opposition. It's no different to hockey fights degenerating that game.