PDA

View Full Version : SO GLAD Tfc is on Gowl Tv

OurGame
05-28-2011, 12:35 PM
What and embarrassment TFC are , thank god they are buried on a shit channel where no one will find them ..

I don't like Winter and I loathe the dummies in the FO who have killed this team ..
shame shame
sell sell

not watching 2nd half

Philly is a new team and managed to put a squad together ..:drinking:
go Manu and go canada

LittleOzzy
05-28-2011, 12:38 PM
I think Canada is going to end up with a lot of Vancouver fans. They are more easily accessible and play with heart. It's that simple, MLSE ruined what they had in year one.

TFC07
05-28-2011, 03:19 PM
I think Canada is going to end up with a lot of Vancouver fans. They are more easily accessible and play with heart. It's that simple, MLSE ruined what they had in year one.

Or Montreal.

ML$E is killing TFC! I hope they sell TFC to someone who actually cares about soccer and on-field results.

Flipityflu
05-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Or Montreal.

ML$E is killing TFC! I hope they sell TFC to someone who actually cares about soccer and on-field results.

MLSE just invested a load of money into a new training centre, plus the grass, the academy, ... they do care.

the problem is, they don't know HOW to run the team.

Brooker
05-29-2011, 03:25 PM
whats the point of this thread again?

btw haha @ man u.

OurGame
05-29-2011, 04:05 PM

btw haha @ man u.

ya i like Man u , but kinda figured Barca would outclass them .. sorta like New Philly did to your team Brooks haha .. how was the view from your seat haha
haha lol

kodiakTFC
05-29-2011, 04:29 PM
MLSE just invested a load of money into a new training centre, plus the grass, the academy, ... they do care.

the problem is, they don't know HOW to run the team.

Exactly. People seem to forget how much MLSE has dumped into facilities, management and players; albeit those who suck.

Brooker
05-29-2011, 04:49 PM
ya i like Man u , but kinda figured Barca would outclass them .. sorta like New Philly did to your team Brooks haha .. how was the view from your seat haha
haha lol

Wasn't there.... Didn't watch the game... Haven't even seen the highlights.... Not sure why you find Toronto getting thumped so funny.... Don't even care.... Just wondered why your thoughts on the game deserved their own thread.... Moving on....

OurGame
05-29-2011, 05:08 PM

btw haha @ man u.

what did you mean by this part ?
toronto sucks and yes find it funny ..
i think the org is mickey mouse and amusing in a sick way ..

CretanBull
05-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Exactly. People seem to forget how much MLSE has dumped into facilities, management and players; albeit those who suck.

I'm not willing to pat them on the back for investing money when that money comes from selling over-priced tickets and concessions and isn't an out of pocket expense. Sure, they could pocket the money in the name of profit but they're investing in the academy to collect transfer fees, bringing in players who sell tickets (their performance is an after-thought) etc. The things that they're doing - even when they're spending money - has been done in the name of making more money. I don't have a problem with that, but I'm not going to give them false praise for their noble willingness to spend money when its money gouged from fans being spent to make them more money.

Want praise for spending money? Look at what NY has done...a real stadium, over $10 million in DP's, an academy system that starts with U-16s etc. all done in a market that struggles to sell tickets (cheaper than ours), doesn't take its fanbase for granted and has the spectre of the NY Cosmos hanging over their heads - that fact a lone that makes any investment a courageous one. That takes balls, and they deserve credit for spending money. TFC re-investing a percentage of profits (a tax shelter) isn't nothing to gloat about in the face of league investers who are taking a real chance with their money.

Parkdale
05-29-2011, 07:15 PM
anyone who thinks that Vancouver isn't also a managerial nightmare just doesn't know the situation.

They've got a whole set of problems that we're lucky enough to have missed.

gardooney
05-29-2011, 07:54 PM
[quote=OurGame;1309387]ya i like Man u , but kinda figured Barca would outclass them .. sorta like New Philly did to your team Brooks haha .. how was the view from your seat haha
haha lol[/quote

Perhaps your on the wrong board. The I wanna bitch and complain about stuff I don't really care about board is over there.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Shakes McQueen
05-29-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm not willing to pat them on the back for investing money when that money comes from selling over-priced tickets and concessions and isn't an out of pocket expense. Sure, they could pocket the money in the name of profit but they're investing in the academy to collect transfer fees, bringing in players who sell tickets (their performance is an after-thought) etc. The things that they're doing - even when they're spending money - has been done in the name of making more money. I don't have a problem with that, but I'm not going to give them false praise for their noble willingness to spend money when its money gouged from fans being spent to make them more money.

Want praise for spending money? Look at what NY has done...a real stadium, over $10 million in DP's, an academy system that starts with U-16s etc. all done in a market that struggles to sell tickets (cheaper than ours), doesn't take its fanbase for granted and has the spectre of the NY Cosmos hanging over their heads - that fact a lone that makes any investment a courageous one. That takes balls, and they deserve credit for spending money. TFC re-investing a percentage of profits (a tax shelter) isn't nothing to gloat about in the face of league investers who are taking a real chance with their money.

No one is claiming their intentions are "noble" - whatever that means in the context of a sports team owner - or that they are paying "out of pocket" for expanding the team's infrastructure.

The bottom line is that the team is reinvesting some amount of it's profits into building a solid academy system, and fantastic training facilities. That is praiseworthy.

I don't get why these discussions always have to be "all or nothing". I don't like everything MLSE does, nor do I think they treat their fans well in all respects. That doesn't mean they don't occasionally get some things right, or that they shouldn't get some measure of kudos when they do.

And I can't help but semi-facepalm the idea that Red Bull's ownership of the New York Red Bulls is "courageous". It's all about growing Red Bull's brand and public mindshare. But again, that doesn't mean they don't deserve some kudos when they do things that also benefit the team or the fans, no matter what the internal motivation (such as when they courageously built Red Bull Arena in order to control all match day revenue - as opposed to their untenably bad deal at Giants Stadium).

- Scott

sashavukelich
05-29-2011, 08:19 PM
anyone who thinks that Vancouver isn't also a managerial nightmare just doesn't know the situation.

They've got a whole set of problems that we're lucky enough to have missed.

Parkdale, i'm legitimately curious, what do you think are their problems? Does it have to do with a Hamlett maybe wanting the top job?

Parkdale
05-29-2011, 08:28 PM
well a big one is moving from a decent (and not yet sold out) stadium at the PNE into a massive bowl that will sit 5/6ths empty

oh, and they have been somewhat shitty in their dealings with the supporters, from what I've heard.

LittleOzzy
05-29-2011, 08:51 PM
well a big one is moving from a decent (and not yet sold out) stadium at the PNE into a massive bowl that will sit 5/6ths empty

oh, and they have been somewhat shitty in their dealings with the supporters, from what I've heard.

So how is that any different to the problems here? BMO Field will sit 5/6th empty next season if the product on the pitch stays the same, and from the constant complaints on this forum I wouldn't say MLSE is treating the supporters here any better.

CretanBull
05-30-2011, 11:50 AM
No one is claiming their intentions are "noble" - whatever that means in the context of a sports team owner - or that they are paying "out of pocket" for expanding the team's infrastructure.

The bottom line is that the team is reinvesting some amount of it's profits into building a solid academy system, and fantastic training facilities. That is praiseworthy.

I don't get why these discussions always have to be "all or nothing". I don't like everything MLSE does, nor do I think they treat their fans well in all respects. That doesn't mean they don't occasionally get some things right, or that they shouldn't get some measure of kudos when they do.

And I can't help but semi-facepalm the idea that Red Bull's ownership of the New York Red Bulls is "courageous". It's all about growing Red Bull's brand and public mindshare. But again, that doesn't mean they don't deserve some kudos when they do things that also benefit the team or the fans, no matter what the internal motivation (such as when they courageously built Red Bull Arena in order to control all match day revenue - as opposed to their untenably bad deal at Giants Stadium).

Don't get me wrong, I don't see anything negative about the investments that TFC have made - I just don't see it as praiseworthy. They're doing what businesses do - they reinvest their profits into the business to help it grow. I'm not willing to pat them on the back for doing what they're supposed to do. If TFC bought grass when we needed it and not waited for the sale of Edu, I'd praise them for it. If TFC was losing money and still laid out big money for a practice ground and academy I'd praise them for it. I'm not against how they have done things and I'm glad that they have done something, I just don't see it as praiseworthy.

If people are looking for investment models to praise (and I don't put myself in that camp!) then what NY is doing is far more worthy. They're not reinvesting made-money, they're putting new money at risk and they're not doing it in a big way under difficult conditions.

swan
05-30-2011, 03:11 PM
my nephew (6 years old) wanted to watch this game, he asked if there was any soccer on tv today (saturday) i said it might be on tv (couldn't remember if it was on gol tv or tsn) to bad he couldn't watch it..

i'm trying to get him into the sport but it's hard when its like this..

CretanBull
05-30-2011, 05:03 PM
^ In Toronto its easier to watch games from England or Italy than it is to watch games from Toronto.

Shakes McQueen
05-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't see anything negative about the investments that TFC have made - I just don't see it as praiseworthy. They're doing what businesses do - they reinvest their profits into the business to help it grow. I'm not willing to pat them on the back for doing what they're supposed to do. If TFC bought grass when we needed it and not waited for the sale of Edu, I'd praise them for it. If TFC was losing money and still laid out big money for a practice ground and academy I'd praise them for it. I'm not against how they have done things and I'm glad that they have done something, I just don't see it as praiseworthy.

Reinvesting profits into the foundation of the club is always praiseworthy.

If people are looking for investment models to praise (and I don't put myself in that camp!) then what NY is doing is far more worthy. They're not reinvesting made-money, they're putting new money at risk and they're not doing it in a big way under difficult conditions.

While I'm not really interested in debating or quantifying degrees of "praiseworthy-ness", I have to say I disagree with this. Red Bull are not in the sports ownership business to lose money any more than MLSE are - in their case, it may simply be a case of seeing New York's losses as the costs of advertising and pushing the Red Bull name.

- Scott