PDA

View Full Version : The Champs league final at BMO !!

Parkdale
05-27-2011, 01:37 PM
// WATCH BARCELONA v. MANCHESTER UNITED AT BMO FIELD
The 2011 UEFA Champions League Final between Barcelona and Manchester United will take place Saturday afternoon at 2:30 p.m. Those attending Toronto-Philadelphia at BMO Field can stay to watch the UCL Final as it will be shown on the big screen at the stadium. Details on seating & concessions (http://click.mlsefanmail.com/?qs=872076aa8203e69a47e4f685438b07c2f935d0485d6a00 f3399f819d47244635).

that's a great idea. didn't we suggest that years ago? :cool:

Parkdale
05-27-2011, 01:38 PM
The 2011 UEFA Champions League Final between Barcelona and Manchester United will take place Saturday afternoon at 2:30 p.m.

Those attending the Toronto FC v. Philadelphia match at BMO Field (12:30 p.m. kickoff on GOL TV Canada) can stay to watch the UCL Final as it will be shown on the big screen at the stadium. All fans who remain may move to the East Stands to watch the Final.

Alcohol will not be allowed in the tiered seating area, however the Carlsberg Patio (north end) will be licenced for additional service. Fans will be able to go to the patio and watch the match on television screens set up around the patio.

Rogers Club members (Section 123) are welcome to stay and watch the Final inside the club. Those wishing to watch it on the big screen can make their way to the east side of BMO Field.

Suites will remain open for holders who wish to stay and watch the Spanish champions take on England's best.

there's the info

ForeverTFC
05-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Seems like a way to milk more money out of me.. I'm not saying I dont like it though

menefreghista
05-27-2011, 05:04 PM
I predict tens of people will stay for this.

Nestease
05-27-2011, 05:24 PM
This team was stacking their games on top of Champions League games with no regard. Now they're conveniently planning their games so they can throw a viewing party for "any paid ticket holders for Saturday's game". It would have been nice for them to do this when they didn't have tickets to sell. Sounds like a nice gesture but I'm a bit skeptical of their intentions.

Fort York Redcoat
05-27-2011, 05:38 PM
This team was stacking their games on top of Champions League games with no regard. Now they're conveniently planning their games so they can throw a viewing party for "any paid ticket holders for Saturday's game". It would have been nice for them to do this when they didn't have tickets to sell. Sounds like a nice gesture but I'm a bit skeptical of their intentions.

Sell more beer/food. Keep soccer mood going. Response to complaints of previous years.

ensco
05-27-2011, 05:41 PM
It's a nice idea. If they do this year after year, they could potentially build something fun.

Face it, BMO is going to start to empty around the 70th minute tomorrow.

Red CB Toronto
05-27-2011, 05:47 PM
It's a nice idea. If they do this year after year, they could potentially build something fun.

Face it, BMO is going to start to empty around the 70th minute tomorrow.

But maybe with this option of watching it at BMO those people who were planning on leaving for the game now will stay knowing it will be up on the big screen.

ensco
05-27-2011, 05:49 PM
^Sure, but doing this last minute inhibits the likelihood of very many people staying. Most everybody at that game already has some sort of plan to watch the CL final somewhere.

DichioTFC
05-27-2011, 06:04 PM
it seems to me that this is to sell the sport to the casual fan. come for the TFC game, stay for the UCL final. I think the cross-promotion is a good idea and will bring more people to the games.

I don't think they'll be making that much, it will probably be revenue neutral. its too bad they didn't have the common sense to reach out to the SGs for this event. if the SGs stayed grabbed a couple pints and mingled throughout the game, casual fans would be more inclined to stay as well (the benefits of being on good terms with the SGs!)

Anyhoo, I know ML$E is greedy and evil, but I think this is a smart move to market the team / sport to casual fans.

ilikemusic
05-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Anyhoo, I know ML$E is greedy and evil, but I think this is a smart move to market the team / sport to casual fans.

Agreed. Its a good idea that has been suggested on this board in the past. Obviously MLSE has an eye to make a couple extra bucks from concessions, but so what?

If you were already going to the game, this is just a pleasant bonus, should you choose to take advantage of it.

Darlofletch
05-27-2011, 08:08 PM
meh.

if they announce plans to show the league 2 playoff final before the game, let me know.

for this? meh.

rocker
05-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Am I the only one who won't be watching the Champions League final? I don't really care about two teams in cities I've never been to that bought championships with hundreds of millions of dollars.

I have more interest in today's TFC game.

Support Local Football!

habstfc
05-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Out of curiousity, how many people stayed to watch the UCL game?

Donald Duck
05-28-2011, 04:58 PM
not even 500 people... like 200-300? and yes... MLSE again... we came over to support the team and they won't allow flags and banner at the beginning because of the god damn 45mins rule... and then I am sure everyone got a email said that you can go to the east side to watch UCL game... and yes... they fucked it up again and moved everyone to south end... which is way too far from the big screen and can't see shit.... MLSE... FUCK U!!! THINK before you DO IT....

drexel10
05-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Out of curiousity, how many people stayed to watch the UCL game?

I Watched it at the Carlsberg patio. Say what you will, but it was pretty nice to watch a game with the sun a nd a few hundred people around four tv's. They didn't advertise it well (which might have been for the better), but I found it to be very enjoyable.

celt-nick
05-29-2011, 04:50 AM
not even 500 people... like 200-300? and yes... MLSE again... we came over to support the team and they won't allow flags and banner at the beginning because of the god damn 45mins rule... and then I am sure everyone got a email said that you can go to the east side to watch UCL game... and yes... they fucked it up again and moved everyone to south end... which is way too far from the big screen and can't see shit.... MLSE... FUCK U!!! THINK before you DO IT....

What was awesome was trying to stay in our seats to watch (in the south end), being forced by security to leave and walk to the north end, to be told by security "oh you can't watch here, you need to walk back to the south end".......fuckin wanks

05-29-2011, 09:27 AM
What was awesome was trying to stay in our seats to watch (in the south end), being forced by security to leave and walk to the north end, to be told by security "oh you can't watch here, you need to walk back to the south end".......fuckin wanks

Yup, Missed the first 10 minutes of the match going South to East to South. Honestly, do ANY of TFC's ideas work out?

AL-MO
05-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Yup, Missed the first 10 minutes of the match going South to East to South. Honestly, do ANY of TFC's ideas work out?

Noone there has any idea what they are doing. In pretty much any facet of the organization.

Although they're probably pretty good at accounting and counting all the money that comes in.

swan
05-29-2011, 10:52 AM

i could see it fine from the south end..

Raging Reggie
05-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Noone there has any idea what they are doing. In pretty much any facet of the organization.

Although they're probably pretty good at accounting and counting all the money that comes in.

Of course thats the only thing they are good at, they have hundreds of math teachers working for them...